Front sm

snakedancing13

Branch: Janus

There are two sides to inactive entertainment, the book and the television. While both have their similarities, they also have their differences. For example: The effect of television on the mind is different than that of a book’s. While watching a show or film on the television, one's mind slowly enters a state of inactivity, which appears outwardly in the glazing of one's eyes and the slacking of one's jaw. In this donut-like state, the mind is open to every manner of information. The mind will then receive this information without question or hesitation, creating a drone-like thought system and reducing the brain to nothing more than a slightly pulsing pink mass that happens to reside within the human skull. Books, however, demand a high level of activity of the mind. The eyes send the image of words to the brain, which, upon receiving, creates an image or impression of the meaning. This action, “imagination”, is one of the most effective forms of exercise of the mind. If one constantly reads superior, wholesome books then the mind will be strong and prepared to counter the effects of the television. Though the mind can be strengthened or weakened by the alternate use of either books or television, one must keep in mind that the body needs as much exercise as the brain.

(This broadcast was brought to you by Bored Books of Oblivion. Not all views shown in this "artical" are shared by our staff or readers. This company does not actually exist. Please do not read further. Sincerely, Nobody.) 

~Krista~

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Recipient of Mickey's Respect

Krista the Key

Will you give all you can give

So that our banner may advance?

Some will fall and some will live

Will you stand up and take your chance?

Front sm

onyxwolf284

Branch: Ekaterina

That was amazing. XD 

• Posted at:

mickey. 

no more band-aids on my heartaches.

no more smoke when i burn my pancakes. 

no more drowning in my sorrow. 

with my chin held up there's always better luck

tomorrow. 

Front sm

snakedancing13

Branch: Janus

It started out as just a school asignment, but it was too fun to not share on here.

Thanks, by the way!

~Krista~

• Posted at:

Recipient of Mickey's Respect

Krista the Key

Will you give all you can give

So that our banner may advance?

Some will fall and some will live

Will you stand up and take your chance?