1) Cleopatra lived closer in time to the invention of Snapchat than to the construction of the Great Pyramid at Giza.
2) Also, the Great Pyramid was older to the Romans than the Romans are to us.
3) Oh, and the Stegosaurus was older to the Tyrannosaurus rex than the T. rex is to us.
4) The oldest living person was born closer to the signing of the US Constitution than to today.
5) The 10th president of the United States has two grandchildren who are alive today.
6) Oxford University is older than the Aztec civilization.
7) Harvard University was founded before Isaac Newton published his laws of motion and gravity.
8) We made it to the moon only 66 years after the Wright brothers invented human flight.
9) Woolly mammoths were still alive when the Great Pyramid at Giza was built.
10) When the first Star Wars movie came out, France was still executing people by guillotine.
11) When the fax machine was invented, people were still traveling the Oregon Trail.
12) The Ottoman Empire still existed when Paramount Studios was founded.
13) Betty White is older than sliced bread.
14) Will Smith is now older than James Avery (Uncle Phil) was when Fresh Prince of Bel-Air started.
15) The Eiffel Tower was inaugurated the same year Nintendo was founded.
16) Anne Frank, Martin Luther King Jr., and Barbara Walters were all born in the same year.
17) Some of the world’s whales that are alive today were born before Moby-Dick was written.
18) Pluto didn’t even get to complete one orbit around the sun between the time it was discovered and the time it was declassified as a planet.
19) 9/11 happened closer to the fall of the Berlin Wall than to today.
20) More than 6% of all humans who have ever lived are alive today.
21) Everything you see happened in the past, not the present.
Please tell us why you'd like to report this post
Child of Exile
Something to believe in for even a night