Front sm

whitetiger1202

Branch: Janus

So. I'm sorry I even had to make this post in the first place, but this needs to be said. Please note, I am not trying to influence you or hurt anyone, this is just my opinion and should be taken with a grain of salt.

As most of you know, there has been several attempts to restart a government, which I had no idea that one ever existed on this MB. But personally, we shouldn't support it. It goes against us, as people. We are a family, not a government. We are equal, we care about each other, and we never want to hurt each other.

But sometimes we do, we might be tense sometimes, we might disagree, but we over come it, and we are fine. Which is why we really don't need the government. But it will also cause us to disagree more.

We have the reputation of being the closest and most peaceful of the forums. Shouldn't we try to keep that up? Shouldn't we be civil and kind? Because we are!

Yes, we might not be the biggest MB anymore. But that doesn't matter. Because we're there for each other, we are a family, and we embrace everyone, different or not.

And if you disagree, I understand. I am not forcing this on you, I just needed to say that. Because I've been a peacekeeper for other forums, and I don't want to have to be one for my home MB.

I don't want to be a peacekeeper for my family. You've watched me grow up.

I joined the MB in 2011. I was 8 years old. I didn't know anyone, I was a nobody. But you all welcomed me and made me feel like I was home. And in the past few years, I needed all of you, and you were there. You cared about me. And I am forever greatful.

Which is why I can't support this, I don't believe we need it. Sure, we do have issues, but we know how to resolve them. We aren't like the other forums.

We are a family. And we always will be. Isn't that the truth?

-Sphinx

(Mods, please let this through)

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

➳ Sphinx ➳

Forum Guardian

Recipient of Mickey's Respect.

#Sphinoki (And Prince Sidon too!)

#FreaksLikeMe<3

#MarySuePride

ϟ Vine: Forum Twin ϟ

Check out my story that I'm writing on the 39CMB! /263177

Front sm

musicspy18

Man...I didn't even know about that....

But I do agree with what you are saying Sphinx. We need to be more peaceful than controling, even though I like to be a leader and that type of stuff...

• Posted at:

jade.

Stay strong, my lovelies. "Never say Goodbye. Because saying goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting" So this is just I'll see you people later. Maybe in real life one day:)

Front sm

whitetiger1202

And so do I sometimes, but we know that you aren't the "supreme leader."

• Posted at:

➳ Sphinx ➳

Forum Guardian

#FreaksLikeMe<3

#MarySuePride

Front sm

scarletactor17

I agree. The MB shouldn't be a government. This is a safe haven for a lot of people, including myself. 

• Posted at:

Under cloud, beneath the starsOver snow one winter's mornI turn at last to paths that lead homeAnd though where the road then takes meI cannot tellWe came all this wayBut now comes the dayTo bid you farewell

-Billy Boyd

#TheMBLivesOn

Front sm

musicspy18

Yeah, good thing too. Because I think I would probably destroy this MD!! EVERYBODY RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!

• Posted at:

jade.

Stay strong, my lovelies. "Never say Goodbye. Because saying goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting" So this is just I'll see you people later. Maybe in real life one day:)

Front sm

dragonfire1103

aka StrongDragon58

?

That's like saying you shouldn't do RP's with villains in them.

Governments have been a thing on the MB for a very long time. They're for fun. People create their little communities on here, like the different family branches, and then at one point Piercers and whatever other edgy groups. If you don't understand something, don't talk about it as if you do.

• Posted at:

Fight 'till blood and work too hard,

I'll live each moment breathlessly.

I have no time to give or waste

While I construct my legacy.

Front sm

whitetiger1202

I'm afraid that's not what I meant. 

The government was suggesting that one user be better than everyone else. If you read the thread, you would know that.

Like I said, this was my own opinion that should have been taken with a grain of salt.

• Posted at:

➳ Sphinx ➳

Forum Guardian

#FreaksLikeMe<3

#MarySuePride

Front sm

whitetiger1202

And the whole reason was pointless anyway. It was suggesting that there was consistant fights and issues on this MB, and while we disagree, we know how to resolve them.

• Posted at:

➳ Sphinx ➳

Forum Guardian

#FreaksLikeMe<3

#MarySuePride

Front sm

onyxwolf284

Branch: Ekaterina

I agree, Sphinx. :) All we are is a family. It's not like you regularly try to form your own democracy inside your RL family! XD 

• Posted at:

mickey. 

no more band-aids on my heartaches.

no more smoke when i burn my pancakes. 

no more drowning in my sorrow. 

with my chin held up there's always better luck

tomorrow. 

Front sm

musicspy18

Yeah, I just read it a little while ago. I don't like the idea of someone being "better" than someone else. We are all family! Not a government! :)

• Posted at:

jade.

Front sm

hydraposeidon162

aka DetectiveClub11

Branch: Lucian

Familia first.

• Posted at:

Is me.

Javi.

Front sm

bashfulbrain67

Oooookay. I admit you have a point, and a pretty good one too.  

• Posted at:

Έμιλυ ΜσΝεϊλ 

Front sm

ketchuppenguin20

I agree.

• Posted at:

KNIGHT

ROGUE

REST IN SPAGHETTI

NEVER FORGETTI

NEVER GIVE UP ON YOURSELF

Front sm

ghostcat246

Branch: Tomas

i disagree. we need the government, it enforces laws that can protect us.Without a government, people would be less likely to respect contracts and agreements with one another due to the lack of an objective way to settle disputes.

just rethink your opinion and get better information for your thoughts.

• Posted at:

Chaos,or Casey

Yeah, like bleach is gonna solve your problems

U wanna debate? Bring it on son.

SJW hating conservative

❤ Gerard Way

Ben Shapiro is my conservative idol

Facts dont care about your feelings.

LETS BUILD A WALL!!!!

Front sm

whitetiger1202

We have the mods, the rules in place, and the system. The government that was proposed is not needed. And we already do respect each other, and resolve matters quickly.

• Posted at:

➳ Sphinx ➳

Forum Guardian

#FreaksLikeMe<3

#MarySuePride

Front sm

rainbowkitten175

Creating a Government on the Forum

The government would not be a good idea on our peaceful forum for many reasons.

One reason is we don't need it! I admit we fight on occasion, but it isn't full on war. On the other forums that I've seen, angry threads pop up often, and they get angry replies, and people can be hurt. I've seen many forumers leave their forums because of misunderstandings  between people. Here, when fights happen, they don't spark a war, and we resolve the issue. We are a family here, and we don't need a certain mediator for arguments when we have people who do it anyway without being asked, or without it being their "official" job. 

A second reason why we don't need a government is because it might cause a rift between us. If one person was more powerful and had control over the forum, others might be angry. They might feel as if they didn't have a voice because it was drowned out by someone who was considered more powerful and important then themself because they were "president". People might feel less important, or they could get angry because of choices made by the president. 

A final reason why it is a bad idea is because it could be hard for the president themself. On one thread by the government idea person, it said terms would last for six months. As much as we love the forums, no one is able to be online twenty-four seven for six months. We all have at least something going on in our life other than the forums. Excuse me if I am making an assumption, but I believe we all aren't  able to be on enough to make sure everything is working smoothly. I know our forum isn't completely busy twenty-four seven, but what if something happened while the president was away? What if it was urgent?

Even though I admit the president could have it's upsides, like having someone obligated to be there in case of a fight, the cons outweigh the pros. Who would have that kind of time? What if it just causes fights that having these positions was trying to prevent? And why do we even need it in the first place? Overall, having a government on the 39 Clues message board is a bad idea, and could lead to causing the problems it was trying to solve.

• Posted at:

~Oreo~

The 39 Clues/Spirit Animals/Wings of Fire/Percy Jackson /Magnus Chase/Kane Chronicles/Matched/THE LUNAR CHRONICHLES!

I am

SHER

#FreaksLikeMe

#I'mNotClay

#WeAreFamily

#RemeberClev

Front sm

ravenfairy187

Preach,Oreo. Preach. 

• Posted at:

Lani

I'd Rather Be Me Then Be With You

Also, I miss Newsies(Hannah)

And Mary Poppins(Bird Woman)

And Annie(July)

Front sm

ghostcat246

im telling you, imagine they are like your parents, without them how are you going to learn whats right and wrong and actually NOT get fired from your job because of "offending" someone or whatever!?

• Posted at:

Chaos,or Casey

Yeah, like bleach is gonna solve your problems

U wanna debate? Bring it on son.

SJW hating conservative

❤ Gerard Way

Ben Shapiro is my conservative idol

Facts dont care about your feelings.

LETS BUILD A WALL!!!!

Front sm

dogdragon5840

Wow Sphinx!  I had no idea about the whole government idea!  I totally agree with you.  We should be more like a family then a government.  Although, I feel as though only some people here are like family.  We are starting so many fights.  I know that even families have fights, but this is getting out of hand.  We have all the rules that we need with the mods, so I don't think we need a government.  But we need to start acting like a more loving family.  Some of us are being hostile towards each other.  We are being rude to some other people because of what they believe in.  We need to start being more loving.  I've been wanting to say this for a while, and I feel this is the time.  I'm not accusing anyone of anything.  We all make mistakes sometimes, and everyone fights at some point.  We all just need to change, that's all.  So please don't feel like I'm trying to accuse someone, and please don't feel offended.

• Posted at:

Remember we are family!

Front sm

agentclue77

I agree, Shinx...

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Something to believe in for even a night

Front sm

rainbowkitten175

Just practicing my argumentative essay writing! My teacher would be so proud!

• Posted at:

~Oreo~

The 39 Clues/Spirit Animals/Wings of Fire/Percy Jackson /Magnus Chase/Kane Chronicles/Matched/THE LUNAR CHRONICHLES!

I am

SHER

#FreaksLikeMe

#I'mNotClay

#WeAreFamily

#RemeberClev

Front sm

ketchuppenguin20

I would also cause a bit of trouble for this idea...

Not intentionally.

I don't abide by unnecessary rules.

If I don't exactly believe that you can do what you say you can...

I will challenge what you say.

And also, how in all of this entire planet would they punish people?

Ban them for no reason?

Just a question.

• Posted at:

KNIGHT

ROGUE

REST IN SPAGHETTI

NEVER FORGETTI

NEVER GIVE UP ON YOURSELF

Front sm

whitetiger1202

@Casey

We have rules in place, and I do understand where you're coming from, but the proposed idea doesn't do that. If it did, I might support it, but it doesn't. Ergo, I can't.

• Posted at:

➳ Sphinx ➳

Forum Guardian

#FreaksLikeMe<3

#MarySuePride

Front sm

dogyellow583

I agree, WhiteTiger.

• Posted at:

Christy ~  currently trying to figure out what’s wrong with me 

Front sm

musicspy18

Reasons we don't need a Government:

1. This is NOT a place/forum to boss people, rule them, or tell them right from wrong. This forum is a place where people from other forums, who are having a hard time with the other people there, can come and make a fresh start and have fun. People don't want to come to a place where there is a person who is "better" than everyone else.

2. Also, I heard that there was another government on this(or another) forum a long time ago. I also heard that it didn't work out very well. Do we REALLY want a replay of all that? And why would we need someone who is "better" than us, to led us? We are a family here. NOT a government!!!

• Posted at:

jade.

Front sm

musicspy18

Bumper

• Posted at:

jade.

Front sm

whitetiger1202

@fightingbelt.

First of all, please dont be rude. Second of all, i made this awhile ago. Third, the user was named sciencestudy who was going to be president. And calling us little kids is rude and not needed.

• Posted at:

➳ Sphinx ➳

Forum Guardian

#FreaksLikeMe<3

#MarySuePride

Front sm

whitetiger1202

Still uncalled for.

• Posted at:

➳ Sphinx ➳

Forum Guardian

#FreaksLikeMe<3

#MarySuePride

Front sm

fallingangel373

I'm sorry, but honestly calling people kids for voicing their concerns is the most childish thing

• Posted at:

I'M BACK

or not

I apologize 

I'm very erratic with posting, though I'll try my hardest

But any which way, I'm Maddie

~A Mess Both On and Off the Forums~

Front sm

decodingdragon1366

I agree with Sphinx. A government would be unnecessary. 

• Posted at:

APRIL/RO 

"I love the DARK"

All shall bow down to me, as I am a QUEEN. 

I dream. I write. I read. I live. 

#Freakslikeme<3

#Wearefamily

#Ichosehappy

#ComehomeClev

#I'mnotClay

#Iamtitanium

#Callonme

#NeverForgetCyra 

Front sm

fallingangel373

Alright Steve, I don't really want to ask this but I think I have to, were you actually there in the flame wars

• Posted at:

I'M BACK

or not

I apologize 

Front sm

sciencestudy42

yes

• Posted at:

hi

Front sm

sciencestudy42

and will you all just stop debating the government? the idea is over we are not doing it just leave me alone

• Posted at:

hi

Front sm

whitetiger1202

Again, I made this post awhile ago.

And you are the one who is just digging it up and making it worse. I mean you no offense, but just let this thread die.

• Posted at:

➳ Sphinx ➳

Forum Guardian

#FreaksLikeMe<3

#MarySuePride

Front sm

spyunicorn1

aka FieryLucian3

Hahahaahahh first of all the most peaceful MB award goes to IR so yeah.

Anyways, I haven't been on the MB in a while so I might be missing something. Did someone actually try to start a government (As in, trying to control all the MBers), or are you just talking about the branch councils?

"The government was suggesting that one user be better than everyone else. If you read the thread, you would know that." Which thread?

Oreo: Would you like a review of your essay? I'll do it for free :D

Jade: A government isn't supposed to be better than you? Like, in real life, nobody's sayng that Obama is better than you. You're both special in your own way. So your "Reasons we don't need a Government:" thing should really be renamed "Reason we don't need (specific kind of government)" because not all governments are like that :)

• Posted at:

ChuCahill & MBer siπce '12

professional craftinator.

#NeverAgain | #SayNoToRacism | #MeToo

"In 2022, who was best man at Dan and Phil's wedding?"

"A terrifying hybrid of of Chris and PJ."

"Correct!"

#It's A Chain Reaction of Compassion

Front sm

fallingangel373

Chu, I know you don't want to hear this from a stranger, but please just let this die.

He was proposing the kind of government where there is one leader who has control over everything, not like the branch councils that where more of a fun thing, and even they caused some spats after a while. The proposal alone has caused enough distress, so I am begging you, let it die.

• Posted at:

I'M BACK

or not

I apologize 

Front sm

fallingangel373

And I'm sorry to tell you like this, but I'm pretty sure IR is gone.

• Posted at:

I'M BACK

or not

I apologize 

Front sm

spyunicorn1

aka FieryLucian3

Ohhh, okay. (I'm just asking what happened geez I"m not trying to revive it or anything :P)

IR's not gone, it's just really inactive o_o but it used to be a nice place a few years ago.

• Posted at:

ChuCahill & MBer siπce '12

professional craftinator.

#NeverAgain | #SayNoToRacism | #MeToo

"In 2022, who was best man at Dan and Phil's wedding?"

"A terrifying hybrid of of Chris and PJ."

"Correct!"

#It's A Chain Reaction of Compassion