Front sm

agentclue77

Branch: Ekaterina

So, There's actually a video of this on YouTube (by a channel called BLIMEY COW) but I decided to put it into writing because reasons. So, let's get started.

Let's be honest, going to the eye doctor is a night mare. First, the eye doctor's assistant gives you a preliminary eye test: What's the lowest row of letters you can read? And you're like: Oh yeah, I'm gonna nail this! A P C E uh...oh no...is that a D or is that an O? O? U...J? Uh, is that a D or is that a B? Uh...it's a B! Wait that means that the other letter was D not an O! Uh, excuse me, can I restart this?

Then, once your confidence and your vision is at an all time low, they kick you while you're down.

Eye Doctor: You didn't do so well on the eye chart, so your eyes need to be punished now.

So they sit you down in front of a machine which I'm pretty sure is called: That-thing-that-shoots-air-into-your-eyes-and-makes-you-cry

Once you've got tears streaming down your face, it is now time to wait in the examination room for the doctor to arrive. And while you wait, you're treated to walls with various eye diseases, and you start to think: Holy cow, what would I do if I ever had an eye disease? W-What if one day I go blind? Literally everything I do is depended on the fact that I can s-

Eye Doctor: Hi! I'm the eye doctor! How we doing today?

So, now the doctor is here and after they point the flashlight in your still crying eyes, then comes the...Eye Doctor Machine? The Eye Checker? The Monster Glasses? What is it?

2 minutes later

Okay, so I just looked it up on Google Images, it's called: The 20/20 Expirence. Wait, no, sorry, sorry, it's called a Phoropter, sounds like a dinosaur. So, the doctor brings out the Phoropter Raptor and begins to test your vision. Nothing is more nerve wracking than playing the game "Which is Clearer?".

Eye Doctor: Which is clearer? 1 or 2?

Victim: Uh...2.

Eye Doctor: 2 or 3?

Victim: Uhhhh...2 again?

Eye Doctor: Okay...

I mean, I truly think that every other part of the examination doesn't actually do anything because this one machine, The Phoropter Raptor, tells them everything they need to know in like, two minutes! And what a grueling two minutes it is, my friends. I mean, what if you get it wrong?

Victim: Actually, I think the last one was actually 3 intsead of 2. Uhhh, can you show me it again?

Eye Doctor: Oh, it's fine, we got it.

OH, MY EYE SIGHT FOR THE NEXT YEAR RIDES ON THE FACT WHETHER I THINK 2 OR 3 IS CLEARER! So then they tell you:

Eye Doctor: Well, it looks like your prescription hasn't changed, and that's good new, isn't it?

What? No! The only reason I came here is because I'm pretty sure my eye sight has gotten worse! I knew that 3 was clearer! This is a disaster! And just when you thought that things couldn't get any worse, the doctor tells you this:

Eye Doctor: Okay, so now we're going to dilate your eyes! Basically, I'm going to make your eyes feel soggy for the next 3 hours! If you look at the sun you'll die...

Now, if this is the first time you've gone to the eye doctor, you get to decide if you want glasses or contacts. Here's some free advice, both are terrible. If you pick contacts, they're not going to let you leave, until you can successfully put them into your eyeballs. This could take 30 minutes to an hour of your time, and there will be tears.

And if you decide on glasses, you'll have to pick out frames without being able to see because they've dialated your eyes. But, when you're all done, you get to go home with a pair of really cheap sunglasses they gave you so that the sun doesn't destroy your vision. 

All and all, a fun day at the eye doctor.

And now, you just have to live with the fact that you said 2 instead of 3, why did I do that!?

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Something to believe in for even a night

Front sm

whitetiger1202

Branch: Janus

So true. It's worse when you have glasses. -_-

• Posted at:

➳ Sphinx ➳

Forum Guardian

Recipient of Mickey's Respect.

#Sphinoki (And Prince Sidon too!)

#FreaksLikeMe<3

#MarySuePride

ϟ Vine: Forum Twin ϟ

Check out my story that I'm writing on the 39CMB! /263177

Front sm

fogdragon220

Branch: Lucian

-shrugs- I have to go through all that a few times per month because my eye disease. It's not so bad after a few times.

• Posted at:

Emotions are meant to be out, not in.

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

Blimey Cow is the best. It's a channel with sarcasm wrapped in sarcasm wrapped in sarcasm. 

• Posted at:

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." ~ C.S. Lewis 

~Monica Cahill~                 1 John 4:10 

"Fantasy reveals what reality obscures."

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

cleverfairy102

Branch: Lucian

I stopped wear glasses a looOOOooonnnggg time ago. The doctor can't make me go back.

• Posted at:

Hello.

did you know... that... 

You're perfect,

smart,

beautiful,

doing the best you can,

and that I'm proud of you?

I'm doing quite well, thank you, my friend.

Front sm

dogyellow1417

Branch: Ekaterina

My mom is an eye doctor. She also does eye surgery once or twice a week. 

Btw, the eye doctor will only dilate your pupils or blow air into your eyes if he or she is an optometrist. Optometrists aren't actually licensed medical doctors, so they're not allowed to touch your eyes, so they just dilate the pupils and stuff.

On the other hand, opthamologists (like my mom) don't blow air into your eyes or dilate your pupils. They are real doctors who went through medical school. 

(I know this because it is pretty much my mom's favorite thing to talk about).

-Ellie

• Posted at:

Ellie

Proud Catholic

#LeaveYourMark

Hope

Is the little voice that whispers

"Maybe"

When the rest of the world is screaming

"No!"

Front sm

challengerfire27

Branch: Tomas

I KNOW, RIGHT?!

ARGH I'VE TOLD YOU 1 AND 2 ARE BOTH AWFUL I DON'T NEED GLASSES I CAN SEE PERFECTLY FINE

NO I'M NOT GETTING CONTACT LENSES BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO GET AN INFECTION FROM THEM AND LOSE MY EYESIGHT

I asked how much longer I would need to wear glasses. They just said, "Well, when you're older you can get laser eye surgery. But who knows, in the future there might be more options for surgery." Which basically means, "You're stuck with glasses for the rest of your life. Your condition might get better, but you'll still need glasses."

And I'm not getting laser eye surgery. EVER. It's not guaranteed to work, and I know someone who got laser eye surgery and now has double vision which might be permanent. So, um, no. LASERS and KNIVES in my EYEBALLS? I DON'T THINK SO.

Glasses can get knocked off your face, and they're super annoying. Contact lenses can get knocked out of your eyes, and they're easy to lose, and you have to TOUCH YOUR EYES, so no. So what if one of my eyes isn't as good as the other one? It's better now. It's not like it's going to get worse again. And if it does, whatever. I've been using my left eye my entire life. My brain is going to default to that eye anyway, regardless of how well I can see with my other eye.

• Posted at:

~ Samurai Kyorugi Taegeuk ~

Junior Assistant Taekwondo Instructor

Training for my black belt

Future Olympian

Future Poomsae Champion

#FightLikeAGirl

Lee Dae-hoon <3

Front sm

snakedancing13

I like to freak my siblings out by yelling them i poke myself in the eyes every morning and that that's the only way to fix your sight after you start needing glasses and that bad eyesight runs in the family. It's fun.

What I really hate is that feeling you get when you've been wearing contacts for forever, but then need to return to your glasses because you're either out of contacts or something else went wrong. I mean, it feels like the floor is reaching out to grab you and everything else is trying to give you a heart attack by jumping at you!!!

mobile

~Krista~

• Posted at:

Recipient of Mickey's Respect

Krista the Key

Will you give all you can give

So that our banner may advance?

Some will fall and some will live

Will you stand up and take your chance?