Front sm

whitetiger1202

Branch: Janus

Sorry for so many threads, I was indecisive about how I wanted to do this! So, here's Chapters 1 and 2. Chapter 3 is almost done, but I have been so busy with school. I will try and update as much as I can, but I am a bit OCD about turning in unfinished chapters, so I will work like a madwoman to get it done!

Sorry, I'm chatty. Without further ado, A QUESTION OF LUCK!

Aforetime

You will protect her majesty, even to the point of sacrificing yourself to save her.

You will swear your loyalty to her majesty.

You will never marry, for doing so will interfere with your work.

You will listen to the king, even if it overrules her majesty.

You will do everything in your power to please her majesty.

Failure to do these things will be considered as treason, and will result in your death.

These are the things I swore I would do. My name is Colin. Colin Siad. I serve as a knight in the grand kingdom of Anzea. I have served ever since I was a young lad, or rather, younger than I am now. Alas, that is not important right now, for my dearest childhood friend is in danger.

Her name is Anastasia. She grew up an orphan, her father dying when she was little, and her mother disappearing when she was 5. She was raised by a poor farmer, who taught her values that she would need to survive. Loyalty, honesty, politeness, mildness, and other traits and abilities she would need.

And she used them. No matter what people did to her, she remembered those qualities. Even when Matilda and her minions picked on her. Her life wasn’t easy, but she was fine with that.

How I miss the old days.

Pardon my ignorance, I haven’t explained what happened! Well, I have already gotten this far, I suppose it wouldn’t hurt to tell you the rest of the story.

Perhaps Anastasia will tell you herself. After all, it is her story.

Chapter 1

Before we begin, I have some things Colin didn’t tell you about me. I lived in a little city by the name of Evloit. I was a normal girl. Well, not exactly normal, but still. I was poor. While the other girls had ornate toys and clothes, I wore cow skin clothes and a wolf pelt. They called me savage, monster, and a Wild.

A Wild. The Wilds are a group of.. Savages. They kidnap, steal, vandalize, and destroy. They are good for nothing creatures. Calling someone a Wild is the worst possible insult. Just another thing I dealt with, I guess. And then there was Matilda.

She was the governor’s daughter, and she knew it. She was rich, haughty, and just an overall brat. Ugly as a burnt stick, she was. But this isn’t about her, this is about me. And the day my life changed forever.

I woke up that morning, the sun temporarily blinding me. My room was a mess, because I had been constantly working on the preparations for the king and his son’s visit. It was the custom to have a party at the Evloit gardens, the place that I worked. And therefore, all the work fell on me.

King Nathaniel has five sons, all of which would be coming to the party. Damien is the eldest, Charles is second, Anthony is the middle child,  Jack is the second youngest, and Julien is the youngest. (No one has ever seen them in person.) That’s six, not including all of their servants, and all of the townsfolk.

The party had to be nothing less than lavish and full of splendor. Wine, pastries, tea, it had to have everything. I had the food all ready, I just needed to go work on the garden. After I did my daily errands, of course. Part of my job is to bring orders to people who want fresh flowers.

I didn’t have many orders today. HALLELUJAH! I don’t know what I would do if I had as many orders as I normally do, but all of the people were getting ready for the king’s arrival. So after I slid on my clothes and wolf pelt, I set off through the city.

The roadways were bustling with excitement. All the girls wore their best gowns for a chance at one of the princes’ hearts. Flowers lined the usually dusty path, which had been wet down to prevent dust and dirt. Everything was neat and tidy.

And then there was me, wearing my tattered cow skin and matted wolf pelt. No wonder people call me a Wild. I could feel my face flush red as I hurried to finish my errands and get on with the planning. My first stop was a lady named Meredith Thomas. She ran a little cafe near my place.

“Ms. Thomas? Are you here?” I called out once I opened the door.

Her bulldog, Daisy, laid on the floor, not a care in the world. “Here, Dais, I brought you a treat.” I whispered.

See, Daisy was fat, and wasn’t supposed to have people food. But I fed her anyway, because she was an older dog, and she got lonely. I took a small piece of steak out of my pocket that I saved from breakfast. She drooled with excitement, her little stump of a tail wagging madly.

“Shh.. You can’t let Meredith see..”

She seemed to nod in agreement and snapped the steak out of my fingers, swallowing it with a single breath. Just in the nick of time too, as Meredith came out of the back room the moment.

“Ah, Anastasia, my dear! You have my hyacinth! Thank you sweetheart, I need it to spruce up the old cafe in case we have some royal visitors.” she said with a wink.

“Don’t tell me you buy into all that mess? They’re just people like we are.” I said with a scoff.

“Ah, my child, so naive. These are noble men. And there might be a chance once of us catch one of the king’s son’s eye…” she said with a dreamy look on her face.

I dropped her hyacinths on the counter, disgusted that even a focused woman like Meredith was distracted by the visit of the royal family. I set off for my other customers.

Next on my stop was Kimi Orino. She was a foreigner from Japan, and she was a hairdresser with her husband, Hotaka. She spoke English surprisingly well though. Her husband always ordered her a bouquet of carnations every morning. A touching gesture, really.

Hotaka answered the door before I even knocked.

“Ah, Kimi’s carnations! Thank you, Ana dear. Kimi has been so stressed lately, she really just needed these.”

I smiled. “Of course, HoHo.” I said, using the nickname I knew he hated. It was a little game we played for some reason.

He softly laughed. “Touche, Ana.”

He turned and shut the door, returning to his wife, whom I had to assume was still sleeping. I couldn’t help but laugh for a moment before taking off for the rest of my customers. I was almost to my last one when.. She came by.

Matilda and her minions. All dressed fabulously, of course.

“Well, well, well. If it isn’t the Wild. Shouldn’t you be at home in the forest?” She said, eliciting a wave of laughter from her gang.

“Go back to whatever hole you crawled out of.” one of her minions sneered.

I could feel my face getting hot. I had to keep myself calm.

“You’re just a mistake. A disrespect to your parents.”

That was too much. They could insult me, my looks, my job, but they did not insult my family. I was mad, and I didn’t care. I felt anger coursing through my veins. I wanted to punch that ugly face. So hard.

I don’t quite remember what happened next. All I knew is that I hit Matilda, hard. She flew backwards, her nose bleeding. She was unconscious. Everyone stopped as her crew surrounded her, crying out for her to wake up. I stepped closer, her minions moving out of the way.

They were afraid of me.

I could hear the crowd muttering under their breath.

“Did she hit her?”

“I heard that girl is a Wild.”

Gasps were heard.

“No, I thought they were gone.”

“She’s a monster.”

“No.” I wanted to scream. It was an accident! I didn’t mean to punch her!

But they would never believe me.

Suddenly, I saw a flash of bright blue hair making its way through the crowd. It was my old friend, Colin. Ever since he was appointed to be a knight, he was a hit among the girls.

“Excuse me ladies, what seems to be the problem?”

“That.. That thing hit Matilda!” one said, pointing at me accusingly.

“What? N-no, it was an accident, I swear!” I replied.

“Ana? Is this true?” Colin said, looking at me.

“W-well yes, but I didn’t mean to, I swear!”

“MONSTER!” They all screamed.

Colin watched me for a moment. “Don’t you think you should apologize?”

Apologize?! This.. brat acted first! But... Maybe I was wrong. Maybe she had some other reason for acting how she did. I owed her the benefit of the doubt.

“I.. I’m sorry.”

I could feel the townsfolk glaring at me. Colin just looked disappointed. That hurt. He picked Matilda up and carried her to her house for treatment. I stood there, waiting.

I needed to be alone. I gathered myself and ran. I still had things I needed to prepare for the party. It was dark by now. I looked around. The garden was a mess. Leaves and flower petals were everywhere. I unlocked the shed and grabbed a broom, and began a long night of sweeping.

I don’t understand why Colin looked at me like that. We’re friends.. Weren’t we? He should have known it was an accident! I felt my eyes well up, and the tears fell. A noise interrupted my sorrows.

The bushes rustled. It was a man. He had pale blond hair and hazel eyes, dressed in a black suit complete with gold trim, coattails, cufflinks, and polished black shoes. His clothes reminded me of something the princes would wear.

“Excuse me, miss, but why are you crying?”

“The Evloit Gardens are closed. You’ll have to come back tomorrow, when the stupid party is.” I replied in my anger.

The man stood up taller. “I’m not leaving until you tell me why you’re crying.”

Who was this idiot? I didn’t need emotional support, I needed him to get out of my way.

“The Gardens are closed!” I snarled.

I immediately regretted that.

“Ah, apologies.” he said, a twinge in his voice cluing me in to the fact that I had upset him.

He disappeared out the entrance.

“Great, Ana, you managed to push away everyone. Idiot. Why don’t you go live with the stupid Wilds? At least then you’ll be among people like you.” I said to myself.

“Ana? Are you here?”

It was Colin.

“Go away, you blue haired freak.” I snarled.

“Aw, don’t be like that. I know you’re just upset.”

“No, I’m not. I HATE YOU!” I shouted, throwing down the broom. “And you hate me.” I finished with a whisper, slumping to the ground.

“I don’t hate you.” He replied.

I couldn’t look at him.

“Look, I know you want to be alone, so I’ll be brief.” He replied. “I know you didn’t mean to hurt her. I regretted saying that as soon as I said it. I don’t care if you hate me, because I know that’s not how you are.”

“I came here to tell you that I’ve been sent off again. I have to go to Egressa.”

“WHAT?! That’s on the other side of the country!”

He slumped next to me. “I know. The closest I’ll be back to you is Koit. Even that is a good day away on foot.”

“Why is the king sending you so far away?!” I asked.

He looked at me. “There’s a pack of Wilds that’s been robbing homes and taking children. I don’t know when I’ll be back.”

His fingers brushed through my black hair. “I figure you needed someone to remind you to stay in check. I can’t save your behind all the time.”

I softly laughed. “You still remember?”

“How could I not?! You sat on pokeroot for crying out loud! I still laugh at it!” he replied, his eyes welling up with tears from laughter.

“That is not funny! It hurt!” I said, laughing at myself eventually.

“Well.. I have to go.” Colin replied, cutting our little chat off.

“I understand.”

“Don’t be like that, come here.” Colin replied, pulling me into a hug. “I’ll miss ya, Ana. Stay out of trouble for me.”

“I will.”

Then he got up and left.

I didn’t know if I would ever see him again. Wilds were known to kidnap knights and use them to infiltrate the government. If that happened to Colin.. I would have no one on my side.  

I snapped out of lala land and got back to preparing the gardens. It was twilight by the time I was done, and I still had to run back to Kimi’s house.

I flew through the empty streets of Evloit, trying to not make and noise. My foster father taught me the tricks to move quickly and silently. Of course, he was a thief, so I took his words with grain of salt. Anyway, Kimi. There was a candle illuminating the living room window.

“Kimi! KIMI! I’m here!” I said, gasping for air.

She opened the door. “It’s about time! I’ve been waiting for hours!” She whispered angrily at me, then dragged me in.

“The nerve of some people…” She said muttering to herself. “I make you a dress, and you don’t even show up on time.”

Yes, Kimi made me a dress. She told me I couldn’t wear a wolf pelt when the royal family was coming.

“Here. Don’t rip it.” she told me, handing me a silver flowy gown with pale blue trim.

I nodded and gingerly took it home. I would wear it out of respect. I decided to try it on before I went to sleep. It fit well, I had to admit.

The sun was rising, and I was exhausted. I needed as much sleep as I would get. My body was weak from all the work I had done. I collapsed on my bed without even taking the dress off.

Chapter 2

I heard loud screaming outside.

“OH COME ON! I’M TRYIN’ TO SLEEP HERE!” I snarled to myself.

The noise didn’t cease, so I got up to go see what it was. There was people lining the streets, all screaming in the direction of the entrance to the city. Reality set in, and I realized that the king must be near! I dragged myself up, did my hair, and raced down to the street.

The royal chariot came through, with the king in the front and his sons on the sides. I saw something that made my blood run cold.

It was the man I had yelled at. He was one of the king’s sons. I was so embarrassed, my face flushed and I tried to move into the crowd. It didn’t work, as I fell into his gaze.

I watched as he climbed off the chariot and started towards me. The crowd parted, and I tried to get away, but the stupid dress I was wearing was in my way. I realized there was no hope, and I accepted the tongue-lashing I was about to receive.

“Well. well.” the man smiled, gently kneeling down.

I was terrified. What was he doing?

His hand reached out and took mine, as he gave it a kiss. I turned as red as a rose.

He stood back up. “I assume I will be seeing you at the gala?”

I wanted to say nothing, but that would be immensely disrespectful. “Y-yes, your highness.”

“Good.” he replied with a grin. “A lady such as yourself wouldn’t want to miss such an occasion.”

He gave my hand another kiss before leaping back into the chariot. I heard people gasp in surprise at his actions.

“Prince Julien knelt to the savage!”

“Why?!”

They were just as confused as I was. I didn’t know what was going on, but I took off through the backroads of Evloit to the Gardens. I managed to get there just in time. I watched as the king and his sons climbed down and took their places at a table I had set up. The garden was packed.

The king sat in the middle, with his sons on either side. I felt so horrible for yelling at the prince. I noticed a waiter opening a bottle of Vechen Rosato. I sprinted over to the man and grabbed a glass he was pouring. My fingers shook violently as I tried to bring the glass to the prince without spilling it.

Prince Julien saw me coming over and stood up.

I knelt out of respect. “Y-your highness, I would like to apologize for my rudeness last night. Please, accept this glass of wine as a gift offering.” I said, my voice trembling.

“Consider yourself forgiven.” he replied, taking the glass from me. He took a sip and swirled the contents around. “Ah, Rosato. My favorite.”

I breathed a huge sigh of relief and stood up. I was about to walk away when I noticed something strange about one of the prince’s goblets. There was a strange oily looking film over the top of the liquid, and I knew what it was in a moment.

“STOP! DON’T DRINK THAT, IT’S POISONED!”

The garden went quiet. The prince looked at me for a moment, his pale blue eyes commanding me to explain.

“S-sorry to interrupt you, your highness, but y-your glass. It has spiderberry concentrate in it. I can prove it.” I said.

He contemplated my response. “Then prove it.” he told me, handing me the goblet.

I took the goblet and a flower from a nearby bush. I would pay for it, but oh well. I set the flower on the ground.

“Step back, everyone. Please.”

They moved so fast it was like they were never there. My hands trembled as I slowly poured a drop of the wine on the flower. It turned black and shriveled up into ashes.

“See?” I mumbled.

“It would seem you are correct.” the prince replied. “What is your name, my dear?”

“Anastasia.” I replied softly.

“Anastasia. Pretty name.” he chuckled. “Prince Jack. Nevertheless, you saved my life. I am extremely grateful. Whatever you desire, let it be given to you!”

The crowd gasped in anger and surprise. No one dared debate the prince.

“I desire nothing, your majesty.”

This time, the king spoke up. “Such humility… We could use a woman like you in the palace. Let the royal decree be heard!” He said, standing up. “This woman, Anastasia, is to be brought to the palace with us! Let her live out her life as a princess, for she has acted with such bravery. May her name be written down in the books!”

“P-please your majesty, I haven’t done anything exceptional.” I hesitated.

“AND ANYONE WHO PROTESTS OR DEBATES ME WILL BE PUT TO DEATH!” He roared.

I paled and shut up.

“Now,” the king continued. “We must leave. We thank you for your hospitality, but my other sons may be in danger.”

He clapped his hands twice, and Colin came up to him.

“Yes, your highness?”

“Prepare the chariot at once. And make sure we have enough room for Anastasia.”

Colin’s eyes widened. He shot me a worried look.

“As you wish, your majesty.”

“Something, however,” Prince Jack interrupted. “Must be done about your.. Clothing. It may be fine for a town girl, but for royalty..”

His brothers nodded in agreement with him.

“We will talk about that when we arrive.” the king remarked, before standing up.

His sons immediately followed suit. The royal guards parted the crowd and let the king and his sons back to the chariot, as I trailed behind meekly. I could feel the disapproval from the townsfolk.

Prince Julien noticed I was trailing behind. His pace slowed, and he walked next to me.

“I suggest you stand up straight.” he whispered. “If you act like a princess, people are more likely to think that you are. And plus, you are in the presence of his majesty himself.”

This was not what I wanted. Nonetheless, I stood up and increased my pace to keep up with them. If I didn’t know any better, I would have thought that the princes were quintuplets. They walked the same, were the same height, wore almost the same clothes. The only thing that was really different was their hairstyles.

I needed to remember to learn their names. I knew of Prince Julien, but I couldn’t pick out Prince Jack, or any of the king’s sons. If I was to live with them, I must learn.

I trotted back up to Prince Julien.

“Um, can I ask you something?”

He glanced at me. “If you want.”

“Not to be disrespectful or anything, because I would never want to be. Last night was just an accident, I was upset and I thought you were another troublemaker, and I-”

He clapped his hand over my mouth.  “I thought I made it clear that you were forgiven. Now, ask your question before I decide I don’t want to give an answer.”

“Y-yes your majesty. Uhm, well,  I don’t know any of your brothers. I am merely a simple town girl and I do-”

“You do not need to bring yourself down. Our father has deemed you worthy to come with us. That speaks volumes. Now, to answer your question.”

“Damien is the eldest. He’s the one with black hair and green eyes. The one wearing a white coat, black shirt, white pants, and boots. You’ll notice we all dress similar, except for small changes in color. Charles is the one with red hair, and light grey eyes. With the red coat and white shirt. Anthony is the one with light brown hair and green eyes, and a gold coat.”

“You know Jack. He’s the one with dark brown hair and blue eyes, with a royal blue coat.”

“Why do you wear a black coat with gold trim? None of your brothers have the trim?” I asked.

He grinned. “I’m the youngest. While the eldest of the family is usually considered special, I was the last child of our late mother, and therefore I am marked.”

I nodded as we reached the chariot. Julien gently helped me up into it, and we set off, and the princes carried on with friendly banter, not even noticing that I was there.

I didn’t belong here. I was nothing more than a poor girl. I was no princess. Those girls were right. I am a Wild.

King Nathaniel was deathly silent through all of this.

“Father? Is something troubling you?”

“No…” he said faintly. “Just observing.”

I tried to avert his eyes as much as I could.

“Why do you hide, my child?” the king asked me.

“I’m not hiding.”

“But you are. You do not venture to gaze upon myself, nor my sons. Are they not handsome, and full of vigor?”

“WHAT?! No, you misunderstand, your highness. I am not interested in your sons!” I replied angrily.

They gasped in surprise. I had just yelled at the king. I waited for him to kick me out of the chariot. Instead, he just started laughing.

“Finally, a woman who stands up for herself!” he said, regaining his composure. “I am merely jesting, my child. I mean you no disrespect.”

“However, I suppose I should tell you the reason I am bringing you to the palace with us. While your skills are remarkable, I am more interested in your knowledge of plants. We have had several attempted assassinations lately, one of which would have been fatal if it were not for you.”

“I was raised in the forest.” I replied. “My father was a poor man. What am I to you?”

“We shall see in good time.” he replied, grinning. His amber blond hair framing his face, ever so perfectly. “Please, call me Nathaniel. If you are to stay with us, you deserve to know our names. I’m sure Julien told you?”

“Yes, he did.”

Nathaniel clapped his hands, and the chariot came to a halt. We had arrived at the capital of Anzea: Ankora.

The buildings were a stark white, some with gold trim, others with rainbow colors. The palace was a massive building, covered in gold that shone brilliantly in the morning sun. There were people everywhere, screaming for their favorite prince. (Calls for Prince Jack were prominent.)

Each of the respective members of the family stepped out of the chariot. (They really did command your attention.) I couldn’t help but feel small. I tried to hide behind the king’s massive cloak, but he noticed and made me walk next to him, making me visible to everyone.

“Who is that girl with the king?”

“She couldn’t possibly be a suitress for one of the princes, could she?”

“I heard she was a Wild!”

The king heard that remark, and his face turned cold.

“PEOPLE OF ANKORA! The woman whom I have brought with is no Wild! She has saved my son, Jack, from death and-”

He was cut off by the screams of girls for the beloved prince. This was how people in the capital behaved. I would have nothing of it.

“SILENCE!!!” I screamed, my voice echoing through the crowd.  

“Is this.. Madness any way to treat the king?! He is your ruler, after all! He should be treated with the utmost respect! And while loving the princes is commendable, SCREAMING LIKE THIS IS NOT!” I snarled.

The crowd was silent, until someone started clapping.

“Finally! Someone who knows order around here!”

It was a young woman, no older than 15, was clapping loudly. She was about 5’5 (appeared Scottish), with fair skin and dark brown hair, just below her shoulders that was in a ponytail, with dark brown eyes that looked very capable of mischief.  She wore dark brown leggings that were torn, with a long dark emerald green shirt with a light brown sleeveless jacket, and a light brown boots with laces that went up to her knees.

“Trinity, I thought you were on border patrol.” Prince Charles whispered to the girl.

Her face flushed for a fraction of a second, then she returned to normal. “I was. I can safely say there are no Wilds out there, your majesty. I caught some game, however.” she replied, holding up a spriggan that had an arrow in it.

Prince Charles chuckled at the sight of the girl. She was very proud of herself. (With every right to be! Spriggans are extremely quick and hard to get a proper aim on.)

“This is Trinity Kerr. She’s an archer.”

“At your service, milady.” she said, bowing to me.

“I think you’ve made a mistake, I’m not a-” I said before Julien clapped a hand over my mouth again.

She laughed. “Well, I better be off. But thanks for restoring some order around here.” she said, before leaping onto a horse nearby, (which I assumed was her’s) and rode in the direction of the entrance gate.

“You must keep up appearances. They,” Prince Julien said, gesturing to the crowd, “Do not need to know that you are not royalty.”

He removed his hand, and we continued on our way to the palace, which was in the middle of the city.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

➳ Sphinx ➳

Forum Guardian

Recipient of Mickey's Respect.

#Sphinoki (And Prince Sidon too!)

#FreaksLikeMe<3

#MarySuePride

ϟ Vine: Forum Twin ϟ

Check out my story that I'm writing on the 39CMB! /263177

Front sm

whitetiger1202

Here's a piece of chapter 3:

Chapter 3

There were servants lining the path up to the palace. Jesters, bards, musicians, everyone was buzzing with excitement. The knights were lined up among the path, in case of an attack. One stood out among the rest, however.

She was tall and pale, with dirty blond hair and blue eyes, all characteristic traits of a Russian. She wore black head to toe, her tunic, pants, and boots all black as pitch. Her gaze followed Prince Jack, almost so to the point of being disturbing. Another girl smitten for royalty, the same case with Trinity.

The girl had a bow slung over her back, with a sword on her belt and a dagger visible on her boot. As we neared the entrance door, she pulled the king aside. Her voice could be heard underneath the shouts of joy coming from the servants.

“Your majesty, I’d hate to alarm you, but we have reports of...” she said, before noticing me watching, and lowering her voice.

The king appeared troubled at this news. “Thank you, Sealina. This is why you are the captain of the guards. Mobilize the troops, and send them to the border. I want alerts of any changes.”

The girl nodded, and took off on a black stallion tied up nearby. The merry procession continued down the path up to the palace, until we neared the grand entrance gates. A tall woman, was standing at the gates. The woman was at least 5’5, and 17 years of age. She had rich olive skin, silken black hair as sleek as the mane on a young colt that went down to her hips. It was braided down the side, exposing her brilliant amber eyes that had long dark lashes.

Her dress was simple, it was a white gown with an empire waist and a sweetheart neckline. Her voice was beautiful, enough to make even the foliage give ear to listen. Her eyes went to Prince Damien first, her skin ever so flushing. It was rather amusing to see all these girls smitten for the princes. They were boys like everyone else, weren’t they?

She finished just as we passed her by, and the king stopped to applaud for her.

“Catalina, my dear, you never fail to disappoint.” the king remarked, his mood greatly improved.

“Thank you, your highness.” she replied, sinking into a curtsy.

A short way up the path, another girl became visible. It was a female bard, (which was unusual in it’s own right, for bards are usually male.) singing of the grand tales of the king and his sons. She was taller than the rest of the girls, her height rivaling my own, her’s being 5’7, mine being 5’9.

She had blond hair and emerald green eyes, her skin pale, but still fair. She wore a long, short sleeved gown, with the bottom being white ruffles. Her fingers danced over her lyre, playing a simplistic, yet soothing tune. Again, she finished just as the king reached her.

“Sadie, my dear, your work never fails to astound!” he told her.

I took to heart the fact that the king took the time to commend each of his entertainer, something most rulers don’t bother to do.

“Yes, Sadie, your latest work is magnificent. Almost as good as the one you wrote about me.” Charles remarked with a wink.

Sadie blushed and smiled, and as we continued on, I could faintly hear her singing a bard about Prince Charles.

At last, we reached the palace. The grand mahogany door swung open, revealing the stunning main hall, which was also the throne room.

• Posted at:

➳ Sphinx ➳

Forum Guardian

#FreaksLikeMe<3

#MarySuePride

Front sm

whitetiger1202

Thanks to all of you who supported my story! It really means a lot to me. Especially with recent developments in my parents case.

• Posted at:

➳ Sphinx ➳

Forum Guardian

#FreaksLikeMe<3

#MarySuePride

Front sm

whitetiger1202

Again, sorry for so many threads! This will be the last one where all the updates will be!

• Posted at:

➳ Sphinx ➳

Forum Guardian

#FreaksLikeMe<3

#MarySuePride

Front sm

cleverfairy102

Branch: Lucian

I love it, Sphinx! You're such a great writer! :D You introduced Catalina perfectly, as well. ;)

How's the thing with your parents going? :/

• Posted at:

Hello.

did you know... that... 

You're perfect,

smart,

beautiful,

doing the best you can,

and that I'm proud of you?

I'm doing quite well, thank you, my friend.

Front sm

musicspy18

Oh My Goodness!!! You are AMAZING at this writing thing!! And I also ask the same question as Clev....How are you with your parents??

• Posted at:

jade.

Stay strong, my lovelies. "Never say Goodbye. Because saying goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting" So this is just I'll see you people later. Maybe in real life one day:)

Front sm

whitetiger1202

Thanks, Clev! I really wanted to do everyone justice.

About my parents: They have convinced me that they hate me. :l

But I have someone who wants to adopt me! I haven't met him yet, but he sounds okay.

The one thing though is that he's an atheist, and I won't be allowed to talk about religion. And if he's going to adopt me, I can't be a Witness. Which also means my life will be completely different. He's even changing my name. :/

I don't know how I feel about things quite yet, but at least things are looking better.

• Posted at:

➳ Sphinx ➳

Forum Guardian

#FreaksLikeMe<3

#MarySuePride

Front sm

whitetiger1202

And thank you Jade! :3

But yeah, my life will be turned upside down. Sounds like a plot in one of my stories :l It's going to be weird, but I'm hoping he's nice and will take me to my therapy.

• Posted at:

➳ Sphinx ➳

Forum Guardian

#FreaksLikeMe<3

#MarySuePride

Front sm

cleverfairy102

Well, you have succeeded most magnificently, darling. ;)

Oh, Sphinx, they don't hate you. I'm positive. I, personally, know how hard it is to express these positive emotions, but no parent can hate their child. It's just sort of a genetic thing. :)

Oh, Sphinx, living with someone who doesn't believe doesn't mean you can't believe. You can come to me at any time to talk, even though we don't share the same belief, I think we both still believe in Yahweh. ;)

Aw, even though I hate my name, I would never change it. It's part of me. Plus, I'd constantly be forgetting who I am. :) I'm so sorry, Sphinx. Do you know what it's going to be?

Praying for you, Sphinx. Remember, no matter what, Jehovah is listening and watching for you. Bad things happen to good people, but that does not have to change us.

• Posted at:

Hello.

did you know... that... 

You're perfect,

smart,

beautiful,

doing the best you can,

Front sm

whitetiger1202

I wish that were true, Clev, but their actions say otherwise.

Thank you, I'm glad I have someone I can talk to about him. I feel like a hypocrite, though, because my birthday is coming up, and by then the papers will be signed and I will be his daughter, and I know good and well he will want to celebrate it. (It was something we did not celebrate as Witnesses)

I have a faint idea. The secretary left a sheet in his handwriting on the desk with several names on it. It's one of the following (I think):

Scarlett

Alexandra (Which is one of my middle names already.-_-)

Xena

Regina (???)

Iris

Blair

Athena

Luna

Anastasia

Cynder

or Ember.

I don't know what it is, but they're okay. I have a feeling they will ask me which one I like better, but no one knows where I am at this point. (hiding. Only time I have peace.)

• Posted at:

➳ Sphinx ➳

Forum Guardian

#FreaksLikeMe<3

#MarySuePride

Front sm

musicspy18

Personally I like the names (and you don't have to take my word for it) Cynder, Xena, Luna and Scarlett..but you can decide what name you like best

• Posted at:

jade.

Stay strong, my lovelies. "Never say Goodbye. Because saying goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting" So this is just I'll see you people later. Maybe in real life one day:)

Front sm

whitetiger1202

It's hard, with my personality. I'm not girly, but i can be. I'm not quiet, but I can be.

For every trait I have, there's a contradiction to it.

• Posted at:

➳ Sphinx ➳

Forum Guardian

#FreaksLikeMe<3

#MarySuePride

Front sm

ravenfairy187

I love it!! She is awesome! I'll try to update Blown Away. You are awesome!!!

• Posted at:

Lani

I'd Rather Be Me Then Be With You

Also, I miss Newsies(Hannah)

And Mary Poppins(Bird Woman)

And Annie(July)

Front sm

musicspy18

Sphinx...I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry :( I don't know what you are really feeling right now, but I can tell that it might hurt a little or a lot..

Just remember that God is always watching out for you and he will ALWAYS be there NO MATTER WHAT! I will pray for both you and your newly adoptive parent. It may be hard to witness to him, but you can still try by being the person God wants to be!

And again I shall say it...you need ANYTHING and I am NOT exaterating, just come let me know..!!! I'm here for you! XD

• Posted at:

jade.

Front sm

whitetiger1202

Thank you Jade. And Clev.

It really hasn't been easy. I feel like an outcast at the-for lack of a better word- orphanage. The kids are mean and avoid me, and a lot of times hurt me. My stitches on my eye have come open several times since I've been here. They make fun of everything, and I don't have anyone to tell about this. They don't understand or care.

And I found out last week that I might be bipolar too, because my mood changes so often. -_- (You can see it in my posts.) Just another gift from my parents. 

About the names: the secretary just gave me the list. I don't know what I want to be called. I just want to be accepted, you know?

And it doesn't help that my depression and complex have been getting worse through all of this. I have very seriously thought about.. stuff.

I just.. don't know how to express what I need/want/feel.

• Posted at:

➳ Sphinx ➳

Forum Guardian

#FreaksLikeMe<3

#MarySuePride

Front sm

whitetiger1202

bump

• Posted at:

➳ Sphinx ➳

Forum Guardian

#FreaksLikeMe<3

#MarySuePride

Front sm

cleverfairy102

:/

Of course. My Dad is a preacher, so I take every possible oppurtunity to talk about him. Sphinx, you can stand up for yourself, you know? If you don't feel comfortable doing something, even if he is your "father", he shouldn't force you to do it. It would be wrong and immoral. Even if he doesn't believe in God, I'm sure he has morals.

Okay, wait. He doesn't believe in God, and doesn't want you to talk about him, but he's considering naming you Athena? ( : I(that is not a happy face.) Odd. Sphinx, I am so very sorry about this whole situation. Just remember I'm here for you, at all times. Whenever you want to talk, you can come  to me. :)(that was a happy face.)

• Posted at:

Hello.

did you know... that... 

You're perfect,

smart,

beautiful,

doing the best you can,

Front sm

whitetiger1202

But at the same time, I do somewhat want to celebrate. I've always been conflicted about that, and now I have the chance, but I don't know if I should take it.

Yeah, I wondered about that too, it seems strange.

But really, I don't know what I want or need to do. I feel like if I do give my faith up, I'm a hypocrite. But if I don't, then I may be stuck in foster care forever, or have him hate me.

I have been so stressed out about this that I can't think straight. I don't know what to do.

• Posted at:

➳ Sphinx ➳

Forum Guardian

#FreaksLikeMe<3

#MarySuePride

Front sm

cleverfairy102

Do what you think is right, Sphinx. If you don't know what is right, follow your faith.

#GladI'mNotTheOnlyOne

I don't want to tell you what to do, but please don't give your faith up. I may not agree with the Jehovah's Witness, but becoming an Atheist for him..well, I could never do it. You're stronger than me, I know it, and I'm sure you'll make the right decision in the end.

• Posted at:

Hello.

did you know... that... 

You're perfect,

smart,

beautiful,

doing the best you can,

Front sm

whitetiger1202

Thank you. I really need to think about this for a while.

Again though, being a Witness was never really a concrete thing in my family. My parents switched around a lot, so I know that there are other religions out there that believe some of the same things.

I'm sorry, I'm just so.... conflicted. Part of me wants to give up my faith but still believe in him, but the other part doesn't.

Does that make me a bad person?

• Posted at:

➳ Sphinx ➳

Forum Guardian

#FreaksLikeMe<3

#MarySuePride

Front sm

musicspy18

No it doesn't...You're just struggling right now. But try to remember that no matter what God is going to help you through. Just remember this verse:

I can do all things through Christ who strengths me, Philippians 4:13

• Posted at:

jade.

Front sm

whitetiger1202

Thank you Jade. I needed that.

But on a lighter note, I met him yesterday. His name is Jack. He seems okay, but he did express his distaste for me being a Witness, and he told me that if things were going to work, I would have to change that.

Being a Witness was never really in my heart. So to be honest, I am feeling inclined to give that up. But I do believe in him. I do know that he's there. And I will keep him in mind in my choices.

Do you have anything that would make the choice easier?

• Posted at:

➳ Sphinx ➳

Forum Guardian

#FreaksLikeMe<3

#MarySuePride

Front sm

musicspy18

That's great! And Sphinx....I don't want to seem pushy, but the best way is to NOT give as a Witniss. God said if you are a believer, do NOT deny God as your Savior....or he will not honor you. Even if Jack doesn't like that you are a Witniss(or Christain) you still do not need to give up your faith so you can be happy with him.

Because in the end(if you are a born again Christain) God will reward you will much more and the biggest family ever!!

• Posted at:

jade.

Front sm

musicspy18

And just a question: Are you a born again believer of Chirst? Have you accepted him into your heart (not trying to force my religion on you!!, just fyi)

• Posted at:

jade.

Front sm

cleverfairy102

Well, Sphinx, there are two questions.

Do you believe in life after death?

If so, how do you want to spend that life?

• Posted at:

Hello.

did you know... that... 

You're perfect,

smart,

beautiful,

doing the best you can,

Front sm

whitetiger1202

hoping the other post goes through...

• Posted at:

➳ Sphinx ➳

Forum Guardian

#FreaksLikeMe<3

#MarySuePride

Front sm

whitetiger1202

I know. But I want him to like me. I want him to accept me.

I want to be loved.

And if that means changing religion, (still believing though.) I will accept that. Like I said, it was never really something that stuck with me, because my parents just recently became Witnesses. Before that we were devout Catholics, and that was something I really connected with.

To Clev: Yes, I do. And I want to spend it happy.

Jade: Yes and no. See, we have switched religions so much I'm confused about what is right and wrong. My life is so messed up and I don't know what to believe.

• Posted at:

➳ Sphinx ➳

Forum Guardian

#FreaksLikeMe<3

#MarySuePride

Front sm

whitetiger1202

Not even being a Witness is making sense.

• Posted at:

➳ Sphinx ➳

Forum Guardian

#FreaksLikeMe<3

#MarySuePride

Front sm

musicspy18

Alright...I didn't know that you are a Caltholic...I'm a Chritian(Babtist) I can understand why you would say that your life if messed up because of this, but you should know that since you have not asked God to be your Lord and Savior and to come into your heart, he is trying to call out to you to become a child of his. To become a newborn child of Christ that will live forever after death.

I understand that all you want is to be loved, I know how that feels. And God can give you sooooo much love than someone else can. People can love you as much too, but God has sooo much love that he wants to give you that he trying to call out to you to tell you that "I love you. I want you to be one of my many, many children. Because I love you soooo much."

Even as a Christian it is hard for me to Witness to people because they don't want to believe the same as I, but I keep loving them and sharing Christ not only through my words, but my actions too

(Mods let this go through please)

• Posted at:

jade.

Front sm

musicspy18

Or that you used to be a Catholic....

• Posted at:

jade.

Front sm

musicspy18

I am still pray for you and your soon to be adoptive parent and hopefully you will still Witness to him, not just through your words but through your actions as well. Maybe he will see that he is in need of a God in his life and will want to follow him all of his days. And the same thing for you too!!

You're a really awesome person and I want you to have a happy and great life. And God can do so much more for you than I can.

• Posted at:

jade.

Front sm

snakedancing13

Hey, Krista here with a blurb of advice:

First of all, read your bible. Acts might be a good place to look into and maybe Luke. Being in the word will help you. After all if you "Draw near to God, He will draw near to you." (I'm pretty sure that's James 4: 24, but not positive.)

Second, if you truly believe that Jesus is your savior, hard Times like this are going to happen. But through those hard times, we can see the hand of God more clearly

There Are two things you can do in this situation: either put aside your God for the love of man, or put God first, knowing that, if you are His child, you wi'll have the rest of eternity in heaven with the most loving father you could ever have.

Thirdly, pray. Remember, GOD LOVES YOU!!!! He cares and listens to you when ask!!!! And even when you don't ask, He knows exactly What is best for you!!!!! Take to mind, though, t His answer might not be exactly what you're looking for. He might say no, yes, or simply wait. But He will answer.

Don't give up. He will provide in the end. Even if that end means pain and loss, you will ALWAYS have a Father in heaven who loves and cares for you.

I'm praying for you!!!!!!

Simply,

~Krista~

• Posted at:

Recipient of Mickey's Respect

Krista the Key

Will you give all you can give

So that our banner may advance?

Some will fall and some will live

Will you stand up and take your chance?

Front sm

musicspy18

On a brighter note: Can't wait to read more!!

• Posted at:

jade.

Front sm

whitetiger1202

Thank you guys! ^_^

So, an update. By the end of December the papers will be done and I will be adopted! And chapter three is almost done!

• Posted at:

➳ Sphinx ➳

Forum Guardian

#FreaksLikeMe<3

#MarySuePride

Front sm

whitetiger1202

Chapter Three is done! I hope you guys like it! This is the full chapter, including the stuff I posted last time.

Chapter 3

There were servants lining the path up to the palace. Jesters, bards, musicians, everyone was buzzing with excitement. The knights were lined up among the path, in case of an attack. One stood out among the rest, however.

She was tall and pale, with dirty blond hair and blue eyes, all characteristic traits of a Russian. She wore black head to toe, her tunic, pants, and boots all black as pitch. Her gaze followed Prince Jack, almost so to the point of being disturbing. Another girl smitten for royalty, the same case with Trinity.

The girl had a bow slung over her back, with a sword on her belt and a dagger visible on her boot. As we neared the entrance door, she pulled the king aside. Her voice could be heard underneath the shouts of joy coming from the servants.

“Your majesty, I’d hate to alarm you, but we have reports of...” she said, before noticing me watching, and lowering her voice.

The king appeared troubled at this news. “Thank you, Sealina. This is why you are the captain of the guards. Mobilize the troops, and send them to the border. I want alerts of any changes.”

The girl nodded, and took off on a black stallion tied up nearby. The merry procession continued down the path up to the palace, until we neared the grand entrance gates. A tall woman, was standing at the gates. The woman was at least 5’5, and 17 years of age. She had rich olive skin, silken black hair as sleek as the mane on a young colt that went down to her hips. It was braided down the side, exposing her brilliant amber eyes that had long dark lashes.

Her dress was simple, it was a white gown with an empire waist and a sweetheart neckline. Her voice was beautiful, enough to make even the foliage give ear to listen. Her eyes went to Prince Damien first, her skin ever so flushing. It was rather amusing to see all these girls smitten for the princes. They were boys like everyone else, weren’t they?

She finished just as we passed her by, and the king stopped to applaud for her.

“Catalina, my dear, you never fail to disappoint.” the king remarked, his mood greatly improved.

“Thank you, your highness.” she replied, sinking into a curtsy.

A short way up the path, another girl became visible. It was a female bard, (which was unusual in it’s own right, for bards are usually male.) singing of the grand tales of the king and his sons. She was taller than the rest of the girls, her height rivaling my own, her’s being 5’7, mine being 5’9.

She had blond hair and emerald green eyes, her skin pale, but still fair. She wore a long, short sleeved gown, with the bottom being white ruffles. Her fingers danced over her lyre, playing a simplistic, yet soothing tune. Again, she finished just as the king reached her.

“Sadie, my dear, your work never fails to astound!” he told her.

I took to heart the fact that the king took the time to commend each of his entertainer, something most rulers don’t bother to do.

“Yes, Sadie, your latest work is magnificent. Almost as good as the one you wrote about me.” Charles remarked with a wink.

Sadie blushed and smiled, and as we continued on, I could faintly hear her singing a bard about Prince Charles.

At last, we reached the palace. The grand mahogany door swung open, revealing the stunning main hall, which was also the throne room.

Words cannot begin to describe how beautiful this place was. The floors, pillars, walls, and stairs were all an off white marble. The windows arced delicately, their glass clear as spring water. There was 7 thrones upon a stand, two large ones, and 5 smaller ones. (They were by no means small, however.)  I had to assume that the large ones were for the king and queen, and the others for the princes.

Each had the colors of the prince’s jackets. The two main thrones were different, however. Both were a dark magenta, colors I strangely remembered. I don’t know why, seeing as no one wore purple in Evloit, nor here. I brushed it off as mere deja vu.

There was a grand staircase that was gorgeous, which lead upstairs, and I had to assume that it led to the bedrooms. The palace was large, but modest at the same time. There was a group of female servants waiting for me, and they quickly took my fur pelt that I had taken with me separately, and brought it upstairs.

“HEY! I need that, give me my pelt!” I shouted.

“They are taking it to your room.” king Nathaniel said, holding a hand on my shoulder. “I hope these accommodations will be adequate.”

I was too amazed to reply to him. I was merely a simple town girl, and here I was in this massive palace with the royal family, with a group of servants to cater my every whim.

“I’ll take your silence as a yes. Now, Claire, take Anastasia to her quarters.”

An older woman with light grey hair and hazel eyes lead me up the stairs to a long hallway. She turned left, and went two doors down, taking me into a room.

It was light and airy, the walls being a pastel blue, with a canopy bed on the left side in the center. There was a massive vanity on the right back wall, full of makeup and hair supplies. There was a window in the middle, with a daybed underneath it. The walk in closet was on the right wall, with dresses practically bursting out of it. The rug was a white sheepskin material, with small beads that shimmered like stars.

“Whoa..” I breathed. “I hope you didn’t do all of this for me..”

Claire smiled politely. “No, your highness. The clothes belonged to the late queen, and the room was already decorated. The king does not like plain rooms.”

I stepped into the walk in closet, taking in the dresses. They were silk, satin, cotton, and all.. Not feminine. They were blues, greens, reds, golds, and silvers, but nothing girly. They contained no beading, they let the color and style speak for themselves.

“Is something wrong, your majesty?”

Claire interrupted my thoughts.

“No, I was just marveling at how.. Me these dresses are.”

The woman faintly smiled, as if she was remembering past memories. “From the message the king sent, I figured you would like them. He mentioned that you were not the feminine type. They were his late wife’s. Shame what happened to her. Anyway, if you need anything, just ring this bell.” she told me, before walking out.

I was alone in this massive room. If I wanted to, I could take all those dresses, tie them together, throw them out the window, and rappel to freedom. I could leave right now. And it would all be over.

But did I really want that? Did I really want to go back to my own life? Where people call me a Wild? Make me an outcast?

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock at my door.

“Come in.”

Claire and several other girls came in.

“The king has requested that you be dressed in a gown. And I figure you should know who you have at your disposal.”

“I’m Claire, of course. You have Iris, Zena, Athena, and Celeste as well. We will be assisting you in your daily tasks, such as makeup, hair, and your dress.” she said, snapping her fingers.

They quickly split up, Iris picking a dress, Athena picking hair supplies, Celeste getting makeup, Zena tidying up the room, and Claire supervising. They were a well oiled machine.

Iris picked a silver ball gown. Simple, yet.. Elegant. Not something I would normally wear, but it was okay. Athena put my hair in a Dutch braid around my head, and left the rest down. Celeste applied some sort of concealer over my eye scar, and I was ready.

“She looks so much like her…” Claire whispered.

“So much like who?” I asked, knowing I probably wouldn’t get a reply.

The girls left without so much as a goodbye. Alas, why did this happen to me? My life was bad enough, and now I was a princess elect for the biggest empire in the world. Father would be proud, but at the same time, what came next?

I felt my stomach growl extremely loud, and I was about to go hunt for food when I heard a knock at the door. “Excuse me, Anastasia?” a voice said through the door. “May I come in?”

“That depends.” I said, alert and ready to move. “Got any food?”

The door opened, and it was Julien carrying a tray of pastries and tea. “Yes, milady, I do.”

“Ugh, please don’t call me that.” I groaned as I hungrily stared down the food.

“I would to point out that it is unbecoming for a princess to stare down food like that.” he replied, setting the tray down on my bedside table.

“Eh, no one is looking, so I don’t care.” I said, grabbing a strange looking pastry off the tray.

It was golden brown, in the shape of a set of wings.

“Those are angelwings. They are like the danishes you eat in Evloit.” Julien told me as he poured some tea.

It was interesting. It didn’t seem to be a danish, because there was no filling. But, I didn’t want to be rude, so I took a bite of it. It was flakey and warm, and reminded me of home so much it hurt.

“Thank you, Julien, but I'm not hungry right now.” I said, finishing the pastry and moving away from him.

“You're homesick.” he said, moving closer to me.

“I'm not homesick.” I snapped. “I'm not hungry.”

My stomach growled at the same time.

“It's okay if you are.”

“I'm not. I'm fine.”

He was silent for a second. “You know you crack your knuckles when you lie?”

“No I don't.” I replied, knowing full and well I did.

He laughed for a moment. “It's normal to miss home. We just picked you up and took you here without even a goodbye to your friends and family.”

“I don't have any friends, and my father is dead.”

“There you go again.” he frowned. “Colin, his name is? He's friends with you. I saw you talking to him that night.”

“Even after I told you to leave?”

“Hah, if I gave up that easily, I would never get anywhere in life.” he scoffed.

“Fine. Then I have one friend. But that’s it.”

He chuckled for a moment. “You really are stubborn.”

“I have to be.” I growled.

“Not here, you don’t.” he told me, and got up. “I’m leaving the tray here. In case your hunger mysteriously returns.” he finished and left.

He was right, I am homesick. I miss Matilda messing with me, I miss Daisy and Meredith, even Kimi and Hotaka. I miss Colin. My eyes watered at the thought of it.

“Julien?” I whispered.

In a split second the door opened, and he was waiting. “Yes?”

He noticed I was crying and sat down next to me, pulling me close to him. “It’s okay. I know it’s hard.”

I started sobbing as I realized that I would never see my home again. He was silent, and just let me cry.

“Done?”

I nodded.

“Good. If you need anything, ask Claire.” he said, walking back up.

It had been a long day, and I was simply exhausted.  I got up and sat in the daybed under the window and fell asleep.

• Posted at:

➳ Sphinx ➳

Forum Guardian

#FreaksLikeMe<3

#MarySuePride

Front sm

whitetiger1202

bump..

CHAPTER THREE!

• Posted at:

➳ Sphinx ➳

Forum Guardian

#FreaksLikeMe<3

#MarySuePride

Front sm

musicspy18

Again amazing!!!!....I need more words for amazing....

• Posted at:

jade.

Front sm

musicspy18

Bumper!!

• Posted at:

jade.

Front sm

cleverfairy102

synonyms for awesome: astonishing · astounding · surprising · stunning ·
staggering · shocking · startling · stupefying · breathtaking · awesome · awe-inspiring · sensational · remarkable · spectacular · stupendous · phenomenal · extraordinary · incredible · unbelievable · mind-blowing · jaw-dropping · wondrous

Which this story is!

• Posted at:

Hello.

did you know... that... 

You're perfect,

smart,

beautiful,

doing the best you can,

Front sm

whitetiger1202

So, for the next chapter, I am playing around with perspective, so the next entry will be from Julien's view, but it will still be chapter three. Sort of. And something to note, every chapter will be from Anastasia's view, unless specified.

Can't wait!!

• Posted at:

➳ Sphinx ➳

Forum Guardian

#FreaksLikeMe<3

#MarySuePride

1 , , 3 ... 5 , 6 , 7