Front sm

hurricanecommander12

aka CycloneStorm3

Branch: Ekaterina

Okay. Let's get something straight. Arthur Trent CAN'T be Vesper One. Evidence points it out.

Now here is some evidence that he may be Vesper One:

-That he WAS a Vesper.
- He MAY NOT have died in that fire that killed Hope Cahill.
-He MAY have a burn on his arm resulting from the fire.

Now here is the evidence that he ISN'T Vesper One:

- He can't be Vesper One because he was the taxi driver that was taxiing Amy and Dan around in Italy just before he received the Cardiavaggio painting. (Book One: The Medusa Plot.) They would've recognized their father.
(Same in Book Three: A King's Ransom.)
- Erasmus told Amy and Dan that Arthur was approached by THE FORMER VESPER ONE. So, therefore, he can't be Vesper One.

I actually believe that Damien Vesper got ahold of the serum, took it in his grubby hands, drank it, and had a longer lifespan. I really think that he's Vesper One.
  • Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Front sm

hurricanecommander12

aka CycloneStorm3

Peoples post!
  • Posted at:

Front sm

angrycobra43

aka FightingCobra225

Branch: Lucian

that's hardly evidence people can hide there appearance. ughhh. It seems like only the mind of a Lucian can figure this stuff out.
  • Posted at:

angrycobra43 aka FightingCobra22

TEA PARTY!!!!!!  Stay strong Madelyn

IN LOVING MEMORY OF THE GOLDEN AGE

Farewell harper!!!!

Cobra has returned!

Front sm

amberwolf1115

aka AmberWolf426

I agree with you except for one thing...I don't think Damien Vesper is alive!

AmberWolf426
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

I agree.
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

I believe that Arthur Trent IS Vesper 1-
A. Mr. Mcyntire DID NOT trust him, if you get the code from the rapidfires and do the puzzle, you get to read a note from mr. Mcyntire to Grace Cahill stating that he did not trust that Arthur really quit the Vespers, and that Hope should get kicked out of the madrigals to prevent Arthur stealing information. (grace said, "over my dead body is my daughter getting kicked out of the madrigals")
B. He DID NOT DIE in the fire that killed Hope, at the very end of A Kings's Ransom Amy and Dan find out that their father really is alive
C. As the taxi driver he could have been wearing a DISGUISE, they thought their dad was dead, therefore would not have been paying attention to any resemblance between their dad and the taxi driver.
D. if Erasmus to Amy and Dan that Arthur was approached by the FORMER Vesper 1, that guy is no longer vesper 1 and the CURRENT vesper 1 could be Arthur (you do no that former means that he's no longer vesper 1...right?)
E. if Damien had already gotten ahold of the serum, WHY WOULD HE WANT IT? 
  • Posted at:

Front sm

spymonkey12

aka MonkeyLucian1

I also believe Arthur isn't Vesper One, but first: Amy and Dan didn't pay attention in tha taxi driver and second: times change.
  • Posted at:

Me aka Me

This sentence is wrong

There is no movement

I went back in time and killed my grandpa when he was five

Signatures are supposed to have names in it

Front sm

blackhawk764

aka LynxLynx16

Branch: Janus

WELL U MAY BE RIGHT ABOUT ARTHUR NOT BEING V1. BUT I STILL THINK THAT LORD VESPER IS V1

TRISTAN CAHILL
  • Posted at:

blackhawk764 aka LynxLynx16

ALEX CAHILL

V.E.S SPY CODE NAME: HUNTER

39OF39

RED CARPET AGENT

VESPER HUNTER

Front sm

citadelhistory8

aka AgentCobra26

he could have been wearing a disguise like how chyeeene does (its creepy how good she does it)
  • Posted at:

CitadelHistory8 aka AgentCobra26

Jay - Just an Average Yodel.

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

C-mail: /34701

Inventor of C-Mail

DOOOOO YOUUUU BELLLIEEEVVVEEE IN M A G I C

WHAT IS THIS SORCERY

†

Front sm

hurricanecommander12

aka CycloneStorm3

Hey, these are just THEORIES, but you guys are probably right.  People don't need to make smart-alecky comments, though! Like, "Only the mind of a Lucian can figure this out." How rude can you get?
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

Okay, here's my opinion. You can count it as fact if you like:)
Arthur Trent is Vesper 2. First of all, I agree they might not've recognized him, especially since Dan was really little and admits that his memory of them is fading. But I feel I should also point out that AJT is not necessarily Arthur Trent. That's how the text is signed, but it could stand for something else. Mostly though, I have this:
"Vesper One didn't have to know just yet. He wasn't convinced that Dan could be turned. Not yet. He didn't realize completely that the ties of blood would work in their favor." --A King's Ransom
The ties of blood? Who would Dan share blood with? His father. This means Arthur is definitely a Vesper, and since that's Vesper 2 talking, I'm inclined to believe it's Vesper 2.
  • Posted at:

Front sm

midsummerphoenix59

aka CatArcade2

I agree... Dave Speminer looks a lot like AJT... If Arthur did survive he could of gone under this alias... I also know this is an anagram for Damien Vesper... This makes me so mad!!! I want to find out who v1 is!!!!
  • Posted at:

midsummerphoenix59 aka CatArcade2

Caleb

JanusMadrigal

Front sm

spymonkey12

aka MonkeyLucian1

AgentOrange16, the ties of blood amybe of Nathaniel Hartford!
  • Posted at:

Me aka Me

This sentence is wrong

There is no movement

CLASSIFIED

I used to think Arthur was Vesper One too, but then many things came up that made me believe otherwise. First of all, as SapphireLadybug7 (George) posted on a thread of mine, there is a paragraph in one of the Rapid Fire books where Vesper One sneaks into the mansion in Attleboro (or at least the property, not the house itself). He thinks of Amy as "the girl" and ordered Vesper Six to "take care of the children". If he really was their father he wouldn't think of them in such a dettached (sp?) way. He would want to control them himself, not send Vesper Six to do it.

Another thing: sure, the report in the hidden Vesper room in the bone church. Okay. No one said Arthur had written it. It sounds like the Vespers set the fire. I mean, we know Isabel set the fire, but she's a Vesper (her maiden name was Vesper-Hollingsworth according to the Black Book of Buried Secrets). So quite possibly she was sent by the Vespers to try to get that poem she needed from Hope and Arthur for the Clue Hunt, and then burn the house down regardless of whether she had gotten the poem or not. The other Cahills (Alistair, Eisenhower...) would think Isabel set the fire to kill them because they hadn't given her the poem: hence the two words in the report, coverup succesful. The Vespers would obviously want Arthur dead because he used to be a Vesper, but treasoned them. So it makes sense they'd want to kill him. Hope would've been another target too because she was a Cahill, and Grace's daughter. The reason it only mentioned "mother deceased"  and not "father" could be because the Vespers found out Arthur had escaped the burning house. They probably had Vespers watching the area and one of them might have seen Arthur running away from the fire. The reason why he left Amy and Dan behind could be because he realized that the Cahills or Vespers wanted him dead. They would stop at nothing to hurt and kill him, and if Amy and Dan happened to be near him they'd get killed too. Arthur figured if he wasn't anywhere NEAR Amy and Dan, they couldn't get hurt by people trying to kill HIM. And he used the fire as the perfect opportunity to fake his death and leave. If he would've left any other moment, what would the police or Grace tell Amy and Dan? That their father had just run away and left them behind because he didn't care enough about them? So Arthur used the fire to pretend he was dead, and therefore no one would need to wonder where he was; he was supposedly dead.

The Vespers would've known Arthur was alive, as they mentioned in their report, but the Cahills didn't. Maybe Arthur spent the next 7 years running around the globe escaping Vespers and trying not to get killed by them. Eventually, Arthur could have told Grace he was alive. Maybe right from the beginning. This is something else SapphireLadybug7 pointed out: in book 1 The Maze of Bones, Dan was looking at the picture of his parents while he was packing to leave on the clue hunt. He mentioned it was the only picture he had of his parents and he couldn't even see their faces because they were covered by baseball caps. All of the pictures of his parents had been burnt down in the fire that killed them, and Grace always insisted she didn't have any other pictures of them. Why wouldn't Grace have any pictures of her daughter and son-in-law? Didn't Grace keep one single picture of them in her house? Mysterious huh? Well smart, smart SapphireLadybug7 thought that maybe Grace DID have pictures of them, but didn't want to show them to Amy and Dan so they wouldn't be able to recognize Arthur if they ever came across him again. Grace only gave Dan the picture he had because their faces were hidden, and so Dan couldn't see what his father really looked like. They were both too young to remember Arthur clearly anyways.

Do any of you think a father could be cruel enough to his kids, that he would kidnap 7 people they love? That he would use them as guinea pigs and mock them and taunt them by sending them those messages and shooting Nellie? Arthur always seemed like a good man. He wouldn't do that to anyone. Leave alone his kids. Also I think Arthur wouldn't be capable of killing someone personally or any other way. Like the way Vesper One killed that girl at the circus that did the drop-off for him. Arthur wouldn't do that.

Also about the burn mark on his arm. If Vesper One was Arthur and he HAD gotten that mark in the fire that killed Hope, why would he say he got it "at the doorstep of the HATED Cahill family". Why HATED? It was his wife, his kids. Alright, you could argue he didn't really love Hope and he just married her to get info of the Cahills (which I don't believe), but what about his kids? He couldn't hate his kids. If he'd always hated them and really just had kids with Hope to pretend he really was in love and wanted to form a family (which I don't think he did either) then why show so much love to them? Why would he play with them pretending to be "Oscar the dirty fingernail wizard" or "king Bub" wrapped in bubble wrap? Or decorate Amy's room with pink fairy lights for her birthday? He could've just pretended he loved them in front of Hope and then pretended he was too busy to play with them or something. Arthur DID love Amy and Dan, he wouldn't refer to the Cahill family as HATED.

Yet another point. AJT's message to Dan: "Suspend judgement. The whole story is always more complicated than its parts. Wait. -AJT" Umm ok so we infer AJT is Arthur Josiah Trent. What other AJT do we know, really? So my guess is that Arthur sent this message to Dan because he realized Dan and Amy had discovered he used to be a Vesper. He knew they'd be pretty mixed up right now and would be thinking badly of him and doubting him. So he sent Dan the message as a promise he'd explain when the time was right. That way he was both letting them know he was alive, and reassuring them. He figured they'd find out he was alive soon anyways, and staying away from them wasn't going to protect them from anything anymore because they were already in a lot of danger themselves. I think Arthur has been keeping an eye on them for a long time now. He was probably keeping tabs on them in the clue hunt too, making sure thet were alright and ready to jump in to help them if needed. He is doing the same now that they're traveling on Vesper One's orders. IF Arthur was Vesper One, why would he send Dan that message? It would make no sense. Vesper One wants to keep his identity hidden, so why would he send Dan a message which practically yells "HEYY!! IT'S ME, ARTHUR! I'M ALIVE!!". Um, no. Vesper One wouldn't want them knowing he was alive if he was Arthur.

So yeah, there you go. Many of my theories and ideas of why Arthur isn't Vesper One. I think Vesper One might be Damien Vesper. Evidence:

Ok so some people say it can't be Damien because we were told that the last Vesper One died 3 years ago, and Damien would've been Vesper One from the very beginning. Hmm... true, but what about Damien pretended to die 3 years ago, and then came back up or something? He could've pretended he died becase he needed to go undercover for some reason. You know, drop out of the radar for some time.

Another theory: what if he DIDN'T want to be Vesper One? I mean, at first, in the 1500s he would've wanted to. But maybe after some time being Vesper One he realized he needed to back off for some time, go undercover where no one would suspect of him and leave the Vesper One position to someone else. Maybe he needed to get something done that he couldn't trust anyone with. He might have believed he was the only person who could do that job and he didn't trust any other Vesper to do it. Then FINALLY, three years ago, he went and killed the current Vesper One to get back on the position himself because he had done what he needed to do undercover and he knew it was almost time to take his master plan into action.

Yes, it DOES bug me the whole "Damien being 500 years old" thing. But there are many theories to that: Philosopher's stone, elixir of life, maybe even Gideon's ring had immortality powers, who knows? Yes, you say the Philosopher's stone is a myth. But is the 39 clues real? I don't think so (and yes, i've seen the posts here on the MB where people say they ARE real). In a book anything can happen. Anastasia Romanov didn't really live. She died with the rest of her family at the shooting. It was a mystery for many years but it was finally proven she had died some time ago. Well, if the authors can make up Anastasia lived, they can make up the Philosopher's stone is real, right?

So at the very end of the Medusa Plot, I found in the back cover a hidden URL. It was hidden in the background where the Medusa's face was. Hidden were the words:

URL: www.the39clues.com/Damien

So I looked it up but a Page Not Found alert came up:

error type 404 (page not found):
This page doesn't exist. Who told you it did? DON’T TRUST THEM!
Hurry: Click here to return to the 39 Clues home page. 

I tried again but without a lowercase 'd'and pages 52 and 53 from A King's Ransom came up! It's Vesper One's POV, and only 2 pages long. A lot of the text is covered by black so we can't know what it says. Since the URL was hidden in the Medusa Plot, this was probably a little preview of a King's Ransom before it came out. Why would a chapter about Vesper One have the name Damien in its URL if Vesper One wasn't DAMIEN??

These are just some ideas. All of this is posted on my thread called: Vesper One: Evidence that proves he's Damien. There are comments by other people there too you can go check it out if you're interested.

• Posted at:

Front sm

spymonkey12

aka MonkeyLucian1

But, EmeraldMaze, The 39 Clues supposed to loke real.
  • Posted at:

Me aka Me

This sentence is wrong

There is no movement

Front sm

hawkathena3

aka BloodhoundLion2

Finally someone that actually agrees with me. Eramus or someone I forget said that Vesper one died three years ago. Plus there was a quote from Vesper two saying the blood is thicker than water and that he thought Dan could be changed. Vesper one thought that Dan could not be changed. I think either Arthur Trent is Vesper 2 or one of his relatives like a twin brother could be acting like he was their dad. William McIntryre on a card did yell at Grace Cahill for letting her daughter associate with a Vesper. Most of the time he was right on the money with supsicians. I just hate to think that you know one of the supposed good guys is actually a bad guy. Well I actually think that is true in Arthur Trent's case. I just don't think he's Vesper one.  
  • Posted at:

hawkathena3 aka BloodhoundLion2

Come to the grey side we have cookies and Obi Wan.

"Clint (Hawkeye), he would have punched me in the face then he would have helped me."-Avengers:Heroes of Tomorrow

"Jump off the cliff, it will be less messier that way."-Ranger Apprentice 2

CLASSIFIED

i have proof that Arthur is Vesper one:
1 is that Korman said that Vesper one had a burn.
2 is that last words from kings ransom is " Dan almost dropped his phone. he read it again- his father was alive.
sorry 
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

Arthur Trent is Vesper 1. He wouldn't want Dan to be a Vesper cos then Dan would easily be Vesper 1 later on, and Dan wouldn't really accept the offer. Cahill hostagges are in Mexico. It's on all of the suspect lists at the bottom.
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

@MonkeyLucian1: yeah, I know.
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

you r so serious there is an entire message board!!! google it

• Posted at:

Front sm

candyadventure140

Thank you Hurricane commander 12. Those our theories, and people can believe what they want. I don't care about the branches and if anything, I would want to be a Madrigal. "Only Lucians can figure this out," you sound like a Kabra.

• Posted at:

Front sm

candyadventure140

I think Vesper One is the only direct descendant from Damien Vesper. And considering how Damien was, he would probably name his kid after him. For all I know, this could be Damien the 26th. 

• Posted at:

Front sm

afternoonarrow22

if arhur did die,then 

• Posted at:

AL-BUKHARI

Front sm

jadenecklace151

aka AmberKitten14

Is this really a theory? I mean, didn't they say Damien was 26? And that was a reason that made Isabel especially hate being V2?

• Posted at:

"Is there any tea on this spaceship?" ~Arthur Dent

DFTBA

I'm Katie Mick:

Timelord

Consulting Detective

Narnian

Hitchhiker

Cahill

Hobbit

Jedi

Starfleet Captain

Nerdfighter

Front sm

bluesparrow63

dude he's not v1 cuz dat was da lady hoo shot mah in da shoulder in da gauntlet

• Posted at:

J Gropius

Jamie Kabra

Sheer Cüld

White Colér

Kiara Moonglow

Sarah Potter

Veronica

Evan Potter

Maria Juanita

Cara

Charlie

Leah Johnson

Wren

Zalika Windbound

Lylii Farnette

Amy Lawliet

Amygna Hewley

Jamie out

PEAS!

#BRIT-FUFF-FUFF

Front sm

jadenecklace151

aka AmberKitten14

And didn't Isabel confess to writing the texts to mess with Dan? So his father was NOT alive?

• Posted at:

"Is there any tea on this spaceship?" ~Arthur Dent

DFTBA

I'm Katie Mick:

Timelord

Consulting Detective

Narnian

Hitchhiker

Cahill

Hobbit

Jedi

Starfleet Captain

Nerdfighter

Front sm

bluesparrow63

ya Isabel was da one hoo shot mah in da shoulder in da gaubtlet

• Posted at:

J Gropius

Jamie Kabra

Sheer Cüld

White Colér

Kiara Moonglow

Sarah Potter

Veronica

Evan Potter

Maria Juanita

Cara

Charlie

Leah Johnson

Wren

Zalika Windbound

Lylii Farnette

Amy Lawliet

Amygna Hewley

Jamie out

PEAS!

#BRIT-FUFF-FUFF

Front sm

dragonartemis807

Yes, the former Vesper One, not the current one, so Arthur Trent could still be Vesper One.

• Posted at:

Violence isn't the answer, violence is the question, the answer is YES.

If life gives you lemons, throw them at anyone who annoys you.

I AM AWESOME,WHO ARE YOU?

Doors are for people with no imagination.

-Skulduggery Pleasant

I'm Samantha, Samantha I am.

Front sm

detectingclue38

Spoiler Alert!!!

Vesper. The word itself sends a chill down your spine.

Vesper One. Who is he?

He is not Arthur Trent. (Sorry all you guys who thought he was.)

He is Damien Vesper (Sorry HurricaneCommander12 and whoever else thought it would be him, you're STILL wrong)

He's a different damien. Yup. That's it. Sorry. CVV #7, pg111

• Posted at:

Front sm

kittenice124

Well arthur family did have secret ties with the vespers and willam McIntyre spies had been spying on him. Arthur family told him to marry hope.but arthur ran for the the clue first

• Posted at:

Front sm

livelyfire22

Guys, uh, the facts....vesper one is damian vesper not arther Trent. Duh. o.o

• Posted at:

Sally

HAMMOCFLAVORED DRINK FAMILY

I have loved you all for years, and I will never stop.

My friends, my family, stay awesome.

#fluffeh

#rememberthelost

*you know you're missed when

someone puts you in their sig*

Front sm

catchingable111

Branch: Tomas

Just because he was aproched by  the former vesper 1 does not mean he is not vesper one NOW....

• Posted at:

Front sm

mistmidnight74

Well then tell us!!!!!! I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY,REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want to know who he is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Posted at: