CLASSIFIED

Half an Hour  

Natalie Kabra stared at her reflection.

‘You can do this,’ she thought, ‘it’s just half an hour.’ She took a deep breath as she exited the bathroom. Only half an hour, that wasn’t so bad. Just then she heard a large crash from the living room. Natalie growled, except it was an hour with Dan Cahill.  

“Daniel!” she yelled as she entered the room, which seemed to have been turned upside down. Dan stood in the center of the mess holding a set of nunchucks.

“What on earth are you doing?”

“Haven’t you heard? I’m a ninja.”

He smiled as he spoke; looking as though he had done nothing wrong. He was 13-years-old, but his immaturity said otherwise.

Natalie put her hands on her hips, “Well, you’re not a very good one.”

“Better than you,” he shot back.

Natalie laughed, “Is that supposed to be an insult? Because it seems like you’ve done a greater insult to the living room.”

“You insult a ninja master,” Dan raised his nunchucks, “now you must pay.”

Natalie rolled her eyes, “I’m going to get a drink, try not to destroy anything else while I’m gone.”

‘Daniel Cahill is going to be the death of me,’ she thought as she walked toward the kitchen, only to trip over a pile of clothes on the floor. A pile of Dan’s clothes.

“DANIEL!”

Dan entered the room, leaning against the doorframe to steady himself as he laughed. Natalie on the other hand, was fuming.

“Daniel,” she said softly, “you should run.”

He stopped laughing and looked up, a sudden look of fear in his eyes. Then he took off sprinting. Natalie stood up and brushed herself off, smirking as she ran after him.

T
he chase had begun.

------------------------------------------- ˜-------------------------------------------

D
an thought about the current situation he was in; then decided to blame his sister.

After all, it was Amy who had gone all goo-goo eyed when Ian and his demon sister Natalie showed up at their doorstep. In her new love alien state, she jumped at the chance when Ian asked her out on a date. And she had a boyfriend for crying out loud; that super-geek, Evan. But of course, she and Ian were calling it a lunch “appointment.” Dan didn’t really care, as long as they got back before Natalie found him hiding in the air vent, which he had secretly always wanted to do.

As he watched out the grate, he could just make out Natalie’s small form entering the hallway.

“Come out Daniel,” she sang, “come out, come out wherever you are.”

Ok, he was getting sick and tired of her calling him ‘Daniel.’ As he looked into the hallway, he smirked as he saw Natalie open a closet and call out his name, and he formulated a plan for revenge in his mind. Silently, Dan pushed out the air vent cover, and slipped out his feet, resting them on a bookcase that was placed below the air vent. With a battle cry, he leapt at Natalie, who at the last second jumped back and slammed into the bookcase. Dan did a summersault and landed in the closet doorway. It wasn’t too small so he managed not to injure himself, but Natalie looked as though she were going to murder him.

“Daniel!” she yelled, “Are you insane?!”

Dan couldn’t contain his laughter, but as he looked up to reply, his smile disappeared. The force he used to jump off the bookcase and the force with which Natalie slammed into it; it threw the bookcase off balance. Now it was tilting forward; and was going to crush Natalie beneath it.

“NATALIE!” he grabbed her by the shoulders, and pulled her into the closet, landing on top of her. The bookcase hit the door, slamming it shut.

They were trapped.

------------------------------------------- ˜-------------------------------------------

Natalie could hear her heart pounding in her ears.

As she lay on the ground, she realized that she could hear Dan’s too. She felt his body pressing down on hers; she felt his heavy breath on her neck.

“Dan,” she said softly, “you can get off me now.”

“Oh right,” he pushed himself off, though it took a moment before surprise registered on his face, “Hey, you called me Dan.”

“Yes,” Natalie said, a little surprise in her voice, “I guess I did.” She was starting to blush now as she pushed herself into a seating position, and she looked down at her hands which she folded in her lap. “Can you get the door open?”

“Um,” Dan walked over to door and tried to push it open, but had no luck. He leaned back against it and sighed, “It looks like we’re stuck here.”

Natalie nodded, “At least until our dear siblings return. What should we do until then?”

Dan shrugged and walked over to her, “Talk I guess.”

Natalie’s mind raced as she searched for something to say, “Claustrophobia,” she said.

Dan looked at her, “What?”

“Y-you know,” Natalie stuttered as she felt her cheeks grow hot, “I just thought your asthma would make you claustrophobic.”

“Oh,” Dan looked down at his feet, “there’s a space between the door and the frame, I can still breathe. And, this room is a good 8 by 8 feet, so no problem.”

Natalie scoffed, “8 by 8, barely a broom closet.”

“That’s kind of the point,” Dan said.

Natalie glared at him, “Well in a room so small I apologize if I get my cooties on you.”

“Cooties?” Dan stared at her, “You know, every time you open your mouth, I think you’re a little more nuts.”

Natalie shrugged, “I just thought you American boys believed the nonsense that girls were covered in germs.”

“Hey!” Dan yelled, “I don’t believe that! In fact I happen to like -” he stopped.

“What?” Natalie stood up, “You have a girlfriend?”

Dan opened his mouth, then closed it again as he turned away from her, “No, I don’t have a girlfriend. I-I haven’t even told her that I like her.”

Natalie tilted her head, “Why not? It’s not that hard, just talk to her!”

Dan looked down at his feet, “I don't know. She won’t ever like me.”

“Don't say that,” Natalie said, for some reason she couldn’t stand to see Dan doubt himself like this, “You’re amazing.”

Dan looked a little surprised at her statement, but decided to ignore it. “I just want her to know how I feel.”

“Then tell her,” Natalie said.

Dan seemed doubtful, “She won't like me...”

“How do you know that?” Natalie asked.

Dan put his hands in his head as he struggled for words, “I c-can’t just tell.”

“Just tell her!” Natalie yelled, frustrated with Dan’s stubbornness.

“What should I say?”  Dan asked, though he refused to look at her.

Natalie searched her mind for a response, “Tell her how much you like her!”

Dan shrugged, “I tell her that daily.”

Natalie cocked an eyebrow, “What do you mean?”

“I'm always with her,” Dan said, “I love her.”

“I know how you feel. I have the same problem,” Natalie just kept talking, it was like her mouth was moving faster than her brain, “He'll never like someone like me...” her hands flew up to her mouth, she hadn’t meant to say that.

Dan’s head snapped up, and he turned it slightly toward her, “Wait. Who do you like?”

Natalie waved him off, “Oh, some boy.”

Dan nodded, “Oh... she won't like me either.”

“She does,” Natalie spoke before she could stop herself.

“How do you know..?” Dan asked forcefully.

“B-because,” Natalie stuttered as she tried to get the words out, “who wouldn't like you?”

“You.”

That stung Natalie to the core, and she lowered her head, “You're right,” she whispered, “I don’t like you. I love you.”

Natalie’s head spun, she couldn’t believe what had just happened, what she just said. She felt she was going to faint…

Dan turned to look at her, “I love you too.”

Natalie stood, not able to move, her mind raced. Love was FLO, For Losers Only. That was the Kabra way, and besides, it was her brother who had problems with love not her. Her instincts were telling her to run, telling her to hide. But all she could do was change the subject; so she did, and brought up the girl Dan said he liked.

“So are you going to talk to her?”

“I just did.”

Natalie spun around, her eyes locking with Dan’s. And for one moment, one singular moment, everything just seemed right. He leaned in, and so did she, so their lips met in the middle. It was…unlike anything Natalie had ever felt, almost…magical. Dan pulled her close; Natalie put her arms around him. They finally broke away, both breathing a little harder. And when Natalie looked up, all she could see were Dan’s jade eyes dancing with joy. His eyes then met hers, and despite their many differences, they had a shared thought.

Natalie Kabra and Dan Cahill both smiled.

Maybe a half an hour wouldn’t be too bad after all. 

The conversation towards the end is based off a quote I found. What do ya think?
  • Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Front sm

aquaathena397

aka MoonTopaz1

Branch: Janus

UR AN AWSOME WRITTER!! PLZ WRITE MORE NOW!!
  • Posted at:

aquaathena397 aka MoonTopaz1

Hunger Games fan!

Katniss the Girl on Fire!

CLASSIFIED

WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Write more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

2 words:(Highlight to read)
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE  IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  PLEASE WRITE MORE!!!!!  IT'S REALLY FUNNY!!!!!!
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

Perfect!!! Keep going!!!
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

haha dis is da best story ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Ur da BEST writer ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Posted at:

Front sm

actorauthor11

aka TornadoAuthor1

I just am in LOVE with the story! I just can't believe it! NAN 4ever! (Nan is Natalie and Dan)
  • Posted at:

I am and always will be TornadoAuthor1. My first agent name, though you may know me now as ActorAuthor11, I will always be your TornadoAuthor1. Some things never change. 

- K. T. Somerset (My Pen Name XD) 

Grandpa was better than his favorite singers. 

CLASSIFIED

dude, love the story, even though i don't like the idea of dan and natalie dating or liking each other. anyway, you captured natalie's annoyance and dan's awesomeness of ninja skill. i applaud you on that! 
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

Like Wow man, u have to continue or i might just like faint.
Rose
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

so ive NEVER and i mean NEVER! loveed anything as much as i love this story!!!! i read this part 13 times!
  • Posted at:

Front sm

dragonlynx297

aka DragonLynx23

Branch: Ekaterina

OMG THIS IS SO AWESOME!!! YOU ARE A TREMENDOUSLY AWESOME WRITER!!!!!!!!!!!! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!! :D:D:D:D:D
(ps have you seen my dan+nat story? I would LOVE it if you would read and respond :D) 
  • Posted at:

dragonlynx297 aka DragonLynx23

Sir Random, King of the Realm of the Croissants, Knight of the Oval-ish table ;D

Dude! That's SO TOTALLY AWESOME!!!

Atheist

Front sm

cerberusmaroon1

aka BloodhoundBaseball101

i usually don't like all this amian danilie or amake or amevan or whatever! bu this this ..... was awesome!!!!
  • Posted at:

Wanna read a PJ fan fic? Here ya go: /44971

What branch is epic? All of them!

Official son of Hades, and Earth bender.

Check out this RP! /45348

CLASSIFIED

Now I do like a good read and that was brilliant. I normally wouldn't read something written by a fan but that was absolutley fantastic. Keep it up.  
Andrew  
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

personaly i am not a very big fan of natalie and Dan but your story ROCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

WOW!!!! THAT WAS AMAZING!!!!!! I really dislike it when people make Dan have a love life, but there are the exceptions and this one is FUNOMENAL!!!!!!!
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

Something More part 1 

The dreams had started again.

Natalie first had them when her mother shot her in the foot, but they had faded from her mind. But now, the dreams were haunting her again, more horrifying than ever.

The dreams were always identical. They would start the same as the old dreams, showing the scene inside the lab. Natalie would be standing with her brother and the rest of their relatives as Isabel pointed the gun at them. There was no sound, and Natalie could see, but not move or speak; all she could do was stand and wait for her mother to turn the gun towards her and fire. Isabel would then shoot, and Natalie would wake up before the bullet hit her. But ever since she had become more than friends with Dan Cahill, the dreams had changed.

Now Isabel never pulled the trigger when facing her daughter; instead, she would turn away with unimaginable speed, and fire a bullet through Dan’s heart. The sound came back on full force, just as it always did, and the only sound would be Natalie’s screams. But the dreams didn’t stop there; Natalie had to watch Dan fall to the ground with blood running down the corner of his mouth. Then he would turn towards her, and call out her name with his dying breath. Natalie would scream again, and be jolted out of her sleep, sometimes still screaming.

That was the dream Natalie had just had.

Now she sat in her bed, with the sweat on her face mingling with the tears running down her cheeks. She was breathing hard, clutching her bed sheets with her fists. She wanted to scream, she wanted to cry. She wanted to run away and never look back.

Natalie brought her knees to her chest and wrapped her arms around them. She couldn’t run, not from her family, not from her life. Not from being a Cahill; something she wasn’t sure if it was a blessing or a curse. She sobbed into her knees, only hearing her heavy breathing through the noise. Until a soft click seemed to pierce through the sounds.

Natalie froze.

The door opened.

-------------------------------------------
˜-------------------------------------------

Ian peered through the crack.

He stared into his little sister’s bedroom, only to see the back of her head. He examined her small form, and was relieved to see her chest still rising and falling. She wasn’t dead or injured; so that left only one option. Now it made sense; Natalie had been having a nightmare.

Ian knew this from two things. One, he had been woken up by a soft but piercing sound; a scream. And Natalie’s room was far from his, far enough that he could hear her if she were loud enough. The second was confirmed when he looked into her room and saw her lying on her side. Natalie never slept on her side; it made her hair knotty. She only turned in her sleep if she was having a nightmare. But for someone having a nightmare, his sister was remarkably still and quiet, aside from her breathing.

That’s what compelled Ian to step inside the room; not far, but enough so he could see Natalie’s face. Though only part of it was viewable from his angle, plus some of Natalie’s hair had fallen over her face and her hands were in a position that blocked some of it. But he could still see the outline of her closed eyes, though he called out her name in order to see if the nightmare was bad enough to wake her.

“Natalie…” he said, loud enough so she would hear, but quiet enough not to wake her up if she were indeed still asleep.

Her saw a slight movement; her ear had twitched. Ian watched for any other movement to indicate she was awake. Seeing none he sighed, partially in relief, and left the room, silently closing the door. But as Ian walked back to his room, he thought about his sister again, wondering what the nightmare could have been about. In fact, Ian couldn’t think of a single nightmare Natalie had experienced since she had become involved with Dan Cahill.

Despite the fact that at first Ian held nothing but contempt for the idea, when he and Amy had opened that closet and found their siblings, he had never, never, seen Natalie so happy. And the thing was, she was happy just talking and laughing. That was another thing all on its own; her laughter. Ian had not seen his sister laugh, truly laugh, since…well…ever. Sure there was often hollow laughter, laughs that meant little to her or anyone else. But Dan Cahill managed to get Natalie to laugh in another way. Because when Ian opened that closet prepared for the worst, he saw his sister really laugh. A laugh filled with only pure happiness and joy; all because of Daniel.

So when Ian reached his room, he pressed a button on the intercom system.

“Yes sir,” a tired voice answered.

“Bickerduff,” Ian said speaking as though he had been awake for hours, “book a flight to Boston for tomorrow afternoon.”

“When shall this be done sir?” the butler asked.

Ian thought it over, “In the morning, first thing.”

“Very good sir,” Ian swore he could hear relief in the butler’s voice. He shrugged it off and ended the conversation, before sitting down on his bed.

He arranged the trip, because honestly he didn’t know what else to do. Dan had brought Natalie out of what was becoming a depression; something that had been building since their mother disowned them and their father abandoned them. Something not even Ian could prevent. And now it was happening again; it had been over a month since Natalie and Dan had seen each other in person. Ian had been getting more worried about his sister with each passing day; each day she seemed to lose a little more of the joy in her eyes. And though he’d hate to admit it, Ian needed Dan’s help, because if Dan couldn’t help Natalie…

Ian sighed and laid his head down on his pillow.

If Dan couldn’t help, Ian didn’t know what else to do.

-------------------------------------------
˜-------------------------------------------

Natalie waited for what seemed like forever.

After her bother left, she didn’t dare move, not until she was sure he was gone. The last thing she needed was Ian asking her questions about why she had pretended she was asleep, asking her questions about the contents of her dream. There was only one person in the universe she’d dare share that knowledge with.

She sat up and reached for her phone on the nightstand, her trembling fingers dialing a familiar number, but then she froze and put it down. Natalie couldn’t call Dan; she couldn’t tell him about the dreams despite how much she wanted to. She couldn’t possibly explain the number of times she had to see him die by her mother’s hand. She couldn’t...

Natalie felt a sob catch in her throat as she lied back down. She stared up at the ceiling, then shut her eyes, squeezing them tight hoping to block out the images that threatened to make her cry. She wanted Dan; she wanted him to comfort her, to tell her that everything was going to be ok. Natalie felt tears escape from the corners of her eyes and fall onto the bed sheets.

But she ignored them, and sank into her mattress. The last comforting images of jade green eyes faded from her mind.

She let darkness take her.

So?
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

can u please post soon it making me angry cuz u such a good writer and i just want u 2 continue
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

I'll try ... but it's gonna get a lot harder cause my shcool is getting off winter vacation...
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

oh k
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

oh k
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

SUPER AWESOME!
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

ILOVETHISILOVETHISILOVETHISILOVETHISILOVETHISILOVETHIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU ARE A AMAZING WRITER!!!!!!!!!!

izzi
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

plz post more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

PLEASE post soon!!!  This is soooooooooooo awesome!!!!!!!!!!
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

This is unbeliveable(sp?) AWSOME!!!!!!
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

Something More part 2

Where was it?

That was Natalie’s question as she searched through her drawers. Her favorite green silk top was missing. Now, before a few months ago this wouldn’t have been too big a deal, because a few months ago this wasn’t her favorite top. She’d never admit it to Ian, but the color reminded her of Dan’s eyes; that’s why she liked it so much. And now it was gone.

Possibilities formed in her mind. Had someone stolen it? Had Ian take it as some sort of sick practical joke? Had Bickerduff taken it to wash it? No, she erased the last thought from her mind; the butler wouldn’t dare come into her room while she was sleeping. Quickly, Natalie established reasons her other assumptions could not be correct. The only semi plausible explanation was that Ian had taken it; but for what reason she did not know. Natalie sighed and sat down on her bed; how could she confront him on this oh so delicate situation? She decided on the direct approach.

“IAN!”

She briskly walked out of her room, carefully listening for a response. Someone tapped her on the shoulder, causing her to spin around rapidly.

“Bickerduff,” she said slightly surprised.

The butler managed to maintain his composure, “Master Ian wishes to see you.”

“And I wish to see him!” She snapped, “Well, are you going to tell me where he is?”

“In the front, loading the car.”

Natalie felt her jaw tighten, “What might he be doing that for?”

“I believe he’s getting ready to leave,” Bickerduff answered.

Natalie felt her composure slipping away, her brother had planned a trip, and without her! This could not be allowed to happen; she would not let it happen. She stormed passed the Bickerduff, only to stop a few feet away.

“Thank you.”

She didn’t wait for the butler’s reaction, and instead continued on as though what she had just done was completely natural. Though anybody who knew her would know it was not. Natalie snapped out of her thoughts as she reached the front door, pushing it open and immediately locking eyes with her brother.

“Where do you think you’re going?”

Ian clasped his hands behind his back, “You mean to say ‘where are we going’ correct?”

T
hat’s when Natalie noticed her personal suitcase in the back of the taxi cab that waited beyond the gate; she crossed her arms.

“Oh, so now I am part of this trip?” she said, venom behind every word.

But Ian didn’t waver, “Of course you are part of this trip,” he lifted his chin, “what reason would I have to go all the way to Boston if not for you?”

“How am I supposed to–” she broke off, his words finally reaching her ears. “Boston?”

Her brother just nodded, a faint smile creeping onto his face.

“I-Ian,” Natalie stuttered; she really didn’t know how to respond to that. So she dropped he arms, walked down the driveway to the gate where Ian stood, and she wrapped her arms around him and buried her face in his chest.

“Thank you.”

She couldn’t imagine his response, as they both usually preferred not to be so… mushy. So Natalie was happily surprised when Ian wrapped his arms around her waist and rested his chin on her head.

“You’re welcome.”

For a moment, it felt like they were an actual family, something Natalie had not felt in in years. Ian pulled away and looked her in the eyes, and they both smiled. Then she blushed when she realized the cab driver was watching them.

Ian noticed as well, “Are you ready?”

Natalie realized he was trying to change the subject, “One moment,” she ran inside, and came out minutes later in a Persian blue cashmere sweater. Ian walked with her to the gate, and after he locked the gate behind them, he even opened the cab door for her. Natalie held back a sigh as she settled into the backseat, and found herself staring her brother, who was talking to the driver, and also staring at the mansion. She was changing; she knew that now. She had said thank you twice today, something she hadn’t done since…well, ever. Maybe being with Dan was making her... soft.

Ian slipped in the seat next to her, and smiled, an actual smile, and that’s when Natalie realized that maybe he knew more about her than he let on. He had known that she missed Dan, despite the fact that she had never mentioned it. So, yeah, Natalie thought, she might have been getting soft, but she had Ian and she had Dan. And that made her happy, and Ian was happy, and that...

Natalie leaned against Ian’s shoulder as they pulled away from the curb and started toward the airport.

And that made going soft worth wild.

Sorry this took so long, my teachers have been pounding us with homework…
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

That was really good!!  PLEASE write more soon!!!  I can't wait!!
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

i know, teachers are hounding us all
ive got a ton of homework 2 get through 2
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

WHOA! I really think you got a talent in writing! This was REALLY good!
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

Your story is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You should write MORE!!!! 
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

Awesome!
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

ohh
  • Posted at:

Front sm

frostfairy69

aka BoneArt9

Branch: Lucian

Yo
  • Posted at:

I'm not happy with the new message board. 

Proud Christan

When life puts you in tough places- don't say "Why me" Say "Try me" 

Front sm

midnightblue99

aka EmeraldCloud2

Awesome story, keep going!!!
  • Posted at:

Some notes about me:

- The name is Sam. Female.

- I write, read, and apparently am good at maths and other school stuff.

- I'm 16, and in Year 12.

- I'm Australian.

Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one. - Bill Gates

Front sm

singingpanther19

aka AmusedAssassin24

Cool!!!!!!!
  • Posted at:

singingpanther19 aka AmusedAssassin24

Read my stories: ( /39275 )( /49802 )( /48938 ) 

YEAH BUDDY!

Think of the most horrible thing in the world, and multiply it by 6! ~Megamind

~Rosie~

CLASSIFIED

keep going
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

hey darkrider can u help me on another story it's called dan and nat: A flowering romance cuz me and the other dude cant do it by our selves:( 
PLZ HELP!!!!!!!!! 
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

PLEASE CONTINUE!!!
  • Posted at:

1 , , 3