If i missed something, i'm sure i can count on Zeke to set me straight ;) lol

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

cry hard

dance harder

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

Branch: Tomas

@Clev, I like it a lot. That's how I envisioned Brad. The Golden Boy.  Have you been writing since you left the 39clues?

• Posted at:

Ghostsurfer1 aka Ghostbrigadier1 aka Investigatecorpral1  

CoolSyrup

HEY, SMART THAT YOU WOULD HIGHLIGHT MY SIG. MY MB B-DAY IS MARCH 12.

Front sm

scarletactor17

Branch: Janus

Thanks Clev, you too! Brad seems like he's going to be a great character!

• Posted at:

Under cloud, beneath the starsOver snow one winter's mornI turn at last to paths that lead homeAnd though where the road then takes meI cannot tellWe came all this wayBut now comes the dayTo bid you farewell

-Billy Boyd

#TheMBLivesOn

Front sm

onyxwolf284

Branch: Ekaterina

SORRY GUYS I'M ALIVE AND I STILL REALLY WANT TO DO THIS. I'm just lost in the storyline and I can't really remember what's going on. D: 

• Posted at:

mickey. 

no more band-aids on my heartaches.

no more smoke when i burn my pancakes. 

no more drowning in my sorrow. 

with my chin held up there's always better luck

tomorrow. 

Front sm

scarletactor17

I'm really loving how this is all starting to come together guys. 

• Posted at:

Under cloud, beneath the starsOver snow one winter's mornI turn at last to paths that lead homeAnd though where the road then takes meI cannot tellWe came all this wayBut now comes the dayTo bid you farewell

-Billy Boyd

#TheMBLivesOn

Front sm

breakingheart128

@Zeke

yes, i love Brad lol. I have been writing, though not on the most regular basis. Papers and things, the occasional RP with a friend, and a novel.

@Tobias

Yes, i'm excited!!

@Mickey

*sweating* yeah, i read through all of the POVs and I'm not sure i'm the best to explain it.

• Posted at:

cry hard

dance harder

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

@Fen, I feel the exact same way. School is closed today (roads too icy so I got time.) I think this is about where we are. 

So basically the SBG is loosely gathering together for some meetings, yet the membership is waning from its original number.  Fuzzy and Charlie are dating, at least I think. Recently Matteo, Tim, and Sigmund went out to Hogsmeade to talk to a guy named Ulrick, who was a rogue death-eater to get information on the Death-Eaters in the forbidden forest.  After that, they went back to Hogwarts, yet Sigmund believes the portrait of Noah de Zales (Pov on pg 33 if you don't understand)  was blackmailed not to say anything.   De Zales knows exactly who was at the boathouse and that whoever was there earlier must have slipped their tongue and spoke of another location of a Horcrux.  Sigmund meanwhile was knocked out during a quidditch practice and had a vision, that there was a Horcrux at Fenrir greyback's childhood home.  That's why he was up late in the library looking up books for Dark-Magic in the restricted section (with a pass from a teacher no doubt :)) Todd shows up and was going to tell Sigmund he knows about their little club (SBG) but Sigmund instead implores about Aura. (Just read my last pov) and finds out that there is a mole in the SBG or at least in their friend group. So many questions are left unanswered: Who left the boathouse? What else was Todd going to say? Where did Greyback live? How many Horcruxes are there? 

It ends to when Piper and Charlie interrupt Sigmund and Todd (awkward :[ ) in the library to head down to the boathouse to try to get an answer out of Noah De Zales. and investigate. (Sigmund told the SBG about their findings)  

That leaves a lot of space up to you Fen. Let your awesome creativity run wild. It's been too long. 

Is Noah going to give them an answer, or a riddle, or perhaps not answer at all? Is Todd going to follow them? Will Sigmund tell them about the mole or try and figure it out himself?  (These aren't suggestions btw) 

It's all up to you Fen. 

@Tobias, Form was absolutely brilliant. What are you doing nowadays... it's been a while. 

@Clev, Form for Chad will be up today or tomorrow and hopefully an RP with it. I'm thinking that Brad and Chad (They rhyme lol) were closer when they were younger(Chad's second and third year) but then they drifted apart. I'm thinking that Chad grew jealous of Brad secretly and that he tries to ignore him. They can grow back to being closer, but it will never be the same. 

Zeke

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

Name: Chadwick McFly IV

Appearance:  At first glance, Chad looks like a very amiable person with his friendly features. Easily his best feature is his eye. Chad’s large welcoming amber eyes glisten intently on people when spoken too, girls can become lost in them if they stare too long (or so Chad says…)  Chad has dark creamy complexion and an oblong face that speaks character beyond his years. His button nose was the only feature that speaks youth about Chad. He has facial hair above his lip poorly shaven that if you sit close enough you’re bound to see. Chad is shorter than most people his age, a resentment he’s had since his childhood and slightly pudgy, to say the least. One that had muscle and bulk, but has been left alone. When you get to know Chad closer you realize those welcoming eyes have become hollowed out overtime and his friendly smiles can be superficial, perfunctory, and glib. He trounces about in his school uniform most of the time often covering himself in a cloak.

Personality: Chad is a mixed spirit, a vine-tangled around an endless amount of branches to which you can’t find its origin.   Over the years, he’s become an old man. His friend group is small and he’s not very bolted into meeting new people. An introvert that very few people have gained access to. If you’re not a Gryffindor and you didn’t meet him before his 5th year (spare Sigmund and a few others)… you’re most likely out of luck.  Chad was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and has a stingy side to him not to mention judgemental to people he meets. He’s the type of person you have a feeling that he’s talking behind your back. He can be rude but usually not without good reason. No one would think of him as a bully. He’s generally not fake, but since birth, he’s had to greet in on his dad’s business partners so he’s skilled at fake it till you make it (especially with teachers). Chad feels jealousy toward those more fortunate than him (Like Brad with the ladies)  and always envisions himself one day as the King of the Hill. He used to want to be popular and fit in, which is why in about his fourth year he hung out with Tim and Nolan, he left his old friends behind and is hidden behind a facade to fit in. He was always liked before he changed, he just was too ignorant to realize it. Now he can’t escape. He doesn’t mind Tim and Nolan, he just expects he won’t really keep in touch with them after Hogwarts. That they’re school friends. Chad has a lot of positives to his personality too. He’s funny if you understand his humor and his wit will make you rethink the way you say your sentences. He’s not a quitter and will never become one. He’s brave and steadfast but lacks leadership. Given a choice in a basketball game to pass to an open teammate for winning shot or take it himself. This gives him a gritty edge,  This is what holds him back from truly becoming a good wizard. He’ll be stuck in mediocrity his whole life if he doesn’t change He has talent to share with the world but he hides it. Early on at Hogwarts he was a straight A student, but since he started changing he doesn’t have the effort to try. He’s not materialistic, but he can be unsympathetic to others, yet is mad when others can be unsympathetic to him.

School: Hogwarts

House: Gryffindor

Wand: Fir Wood, 10 ½ inches, unyielding flexibility.

Pet: Had a pet owl named Scar but it died during his third year. (It was an old owl when they got him)

Other: His favorite class is Transfiguration being the only class he tries in. He is an only child and rarely sees his father because he’s always away with business. (His backstory has a lot of twists and turns but I won’t introduce that until later :) He always wanted to play quidditch but he’s just not that good.  Doesn’t care for Brad that much at the moment (one of the very few because of his jealousy.) Used to be like a big brother to Brad for Brad’s first two years. He also was a good friend of Rhett Tyler, but after his third year Chad broke off ties with them and now they rarely ever talk.

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

breakingheart128

*sigh* i don't think my posts are going through.

• Posted at:

cry hard

dance harder

Front sm

breakingheart128

@Zeke

Sorry if this double posts, but basically I love Chad and i'm very excited to work with you again! I think i've matured a good bit since the last time we worked together.

• Posted at:

cry hard

dance harder

Front sm

breakingheart128

@Zeke

Just a note, to some extent Brad will be involved in the main plot as he's in the SBG still. Also, i would like some interaction between Sigmund and Brad on account of Aura's closeness to them both.

• Posted at:

cry hard

dance harder

Front sm

breakingheart128

@Zeke

ah,

so i see you're still better at this than me! He's fabulous, i'm so excited! 

• Posted at:

cry hard

dance harder

Front sm

breakingheart128

Whoops! forgot something.

Blood Status: Muggleborn (so he thinks) (don't ask i don't know yet XD)

Other: plays Quidditch like crazy; he's super good, but he hasn't been doing so well after Aura left. Distracted, i guess. Thought Chad was the coolest kid in the world when he first met him and would've followed him anywhere.

• Posted at:

cry hard

dance harder

Front sm

breakingheart128

@Zeke

sounds great! i look forward to working with you again.

• Posted at:

cry hard

dance harder

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

Shoot, I have a bunch of grammar mistakes in my form! Oh well.

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

@ Clev, Yeah for sure. I just wasn't on planning on Chad interacting in the main storyline that much. About the form... I meant to say Chad would take the winning shot himself. It got cut off. You've always been the better writer Clev... I'm known for my awful forms lol. I'll post Chad's pov tomorrow and hopefully, if Fenrir puts up a Pov, then I can post one of Sigmund as well.  Note that we are in the past for Chad and Brad by about two weeks in the storyline... at least for now, so any interactions with main characters can't make them change actions in the plot. But you knew that lol. 

Also, I already made characters for all the quidditch players on Gryffindor, but we could integrate him as a reserve (like Roxy) that worked his tail off the past three years to even get a spot on the team. I'm going to start my POV with Chad two days before Aura leaves. (Chad doesn't care for Aura that much)

@Everyone On a different note? What happened to all the old posts? Completely gone! My old account has almost all of its posts wiped. Weird. Guess maybe the website got too full. I don't blame them...just wondering.

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

breakingheart128

@Zeke

sounds good! maybe Brad stepped down after what happened to Aura and pretty much only plays whenever Sue wants some practice? 

I'm so excited!

Yeah, they did some major clean up. i can't even get into my old account, i think they locked it since i was gone so long.

• Posted at:

cry hard

dance harder

Front sm

breakingheart128

I can't believe we're all working together again, after two years of being apart...

• Posted at:

cry hard

dance harder

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

@Clev, Yeah it's kinda cool. I was thinking that maybe Brad quit quidditch last year as either he got hurt, or it took too much out of him.  I'm not feeling the best so we'll have to see if I can finish Chad's pov. I did start is though so I should be fine but just in case. 

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

breakingheart128

The whole gang back together... after what? 2 years? Man.

• Posted at:

cry hard

dance harder

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

How about Brad played last year but had to quit after a nasty injury (sort of like Linda)? He still really only plays practice with Sue.  You've changed since you said you're "never coming back." I'm not even that active anymore. 

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

scarletactor17

@Clev: It's taking everything in me not to spoil all of my plans for Mateo. I've got a few twists down my sleeve. >:->

@Zeke: You and Clev are doing phenomenal with these forms! I cannot wait to see these characters in action! Out of curiosity, when do you think Mateo should go bad? I don't see before the end of the first semester, nor the beginning of second semester as being a good idea. I don't want to rush things. On another note, I've been doing pretty good. I started at a new school this year. There are a couple of things I could fix here and there, but its been good for the most part. I'm much happier there than I was at my old school. I just got invited from my school to talk at a TedEd Club event in March, so thats exciting. What about you?

Speaking of the posts, most of the threads with a final post before 2016 were deleted. Its a real shame, but I'm glad that threads like this and the Seven of the Seven were saved. I lost my first completed RP though, which was a real bummer.

• Posted at:

-Billy Boyd

#TheMBLivesOn

Front sm

breakingheart128

@Zeke

yeah, well, there are some things happening in my life right now. i'm afraid im using this place as a coping method for the moment. 

Sounds great! 

@Tobias

Agh! so curious! 

• Posted at:

cry hard

dance harder

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

@Matteo, I agree, It shouldn't be until near the end.  I got a lot of ideas for that later. Me, well I'm just getting back into the swing of classes. We had this polar vortex, so I've missed like a week in a total of school days.  I also am gonna do boys volleyball next year I decided because they need guys to keep the program going and because of my height (6'2"). I was almost going to transfer. I go to a private school where a lot of kids are stuck up, but I feel like I've found some good friends to keep me grounded. My family is a mixed bag. My oldest sister went to the public high school by us, while other sister went to the private school. Then my brother goes to the public high-school, and I go to the private one. Messed up, I know.   I got to clean up my kitchen when my parents get home. I completely trashed the place trying to make cookies. There are pots and pans literally piling up on the sink. 

@Clev, I'm sorry to hear that. If you ever need to talk about it I'll be there to help. I don't know if this relates to you, but my oldest sister had it rough in high-school to the point in which she transferred. She was sort of like Chad. Caught up in what people think about her and her status.  Those two years were rough for my family (her Junior and Senior year.) A lot of time has since past so the healing has begun. 

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

breakingheart128

@Zeke

Thanks, man. i appreciate that. A lot of things are going on. my best friend is really hurting right now and i think I'm developing an eating disorder.  It's just a mess rn.

• Posted at:

cry hard

dance harder

Front sm

breakingheart128

Were we going to do an assigned POV order? 

• Posted at:

cry hard

dance harder

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

November 2nd

Chad’s POV

The fireplace crackled and whirred dispersed a soothing warmth around the common room casting long shadows across the room. The scent of pine tickled at my nostrils comforting me. I situated myself snug in the armchair, but not too comfortable sparing me from drifting to sleep. It’s features boasted authority and strength, embodying Gryffindor. I imagined the stories told and forgotten at this fireplace; Gryffindors of long ago...Potter perhaps

For the first time I could remember, it was empty. Usually, there would be one or two students staying around late to study after I went to sleep, but tonight Felix, the head boy, told me to blow out the fire when I was ready as he sauntered to bed.  Now it was just I, all alone. Nothing has changed.

I had always enjoyed the common room. It had reminded me of my grandparents; joy and kinship, laughter and welcoming. Now, however, the common room was just one room of many at Hogwarts, like its soul, was drained out by a dementor. Lifeless and in a torpid state.  For the first time in a while, serenity encapsulated the common room. Enough to bring alert prey to sleep.

Amble footsteps approached my position and a tall boy came into view. It was none other than Bradley Silverspring. Almost everything feature about him had changed.  A once cadaverous looking kid, with straggly hair and crooked teeth, had grown into a handsome prince charming. My heart almost skips a beat. I had done a good job at avoiding Brad these last few years, even though we were in the same house.  Did he come here by coincidence? Or to confront me when I was most vulnerable?

His pajamas hung loosely against his body. His face glowed faintly as he looked into the fire. Hadn’t he noticed me?  Brad glanced over and made eye-contact with me. He looked awful. His eyes were irritated and red, and his face dejected.

“Didn’t expect to see you here Chad. It’s been a while.”

The way he said it tinged of awkwardness, that he too wanted to be alone. I wanted to get up and leave, but I stayed locked in my position on the armchair.

“Yeah, Brad. I’ve just been relaxing by myself taking in the fire. Kinda awful to do anything this late when we’re not allowed phones.”

Brad smiled a little, then proceeded to take a seat on the floor next to me.

Great, I thought, Can’t you just leave?

What followed next was what seemed like minutes of awkward silence. No words were exchanged, but there was a tacit understanding that there should be. Those days were still fresh in my mind. When Brad, Rhett, and I would partake in dares (like jumping into the black lake), mess around at the quidditch field because we didn’t care what the others were thinking, or just talk. But those were long ago, a different person in this body. Someone I barely knew. Brad and I aren’t friends anymore. We went our separate ways.

“ Do you remember Scarlett Parker?” Brad said dispirited, still gazing at the flames. The name immediately made me think of her. Her cherry blonde hair that illuminated on those clear sunny days. She was pretty in a unique way. Her peers considered her weird and quirky...always had her head in a book. I would spend days talking to her in the library as she studied hoping. She always saw me as a younger brother though.  A Ravenclaw, she was a seventh year when I was a third year, at only thirteen at the time. She left and I hadn’t seen her since. So immature.

“Yeah, what about her?”

“ You remember how bummed you were when she left? I don’t know if you’ve heard but my girlfriend, Aura Portalsman has to leave. Everything we did...gone.  If only she would have told me what was going on. Maybe I could have stopped it. I dunno I just can’t sleep.”

I rubbed my eyes and yawned. The thoughts of sleep had crept in. I knew who Aura Portalsman one. Tim and Sigmund seemed to consistently be hanging out with her for no particular reason. There was nothing I found interesting about her. She was just another annoying fifth year. Wasn’t even that pretty.

“ I’m pretty sure the whole school knows about it. Just move on man. There were bigger fish in the sea anyway,” I said a little irritated. I was in no mood to be giving advice.

Brad turned to face me and glowered, “Are you, serious man? Can’t you see I’m hurting.”

“I don’t care enough to notice.” I retorted. It was about time someone poked a hole in Brad’s perfect mantra.  I didn’t even bother to look over at Brad. I got up from the armchair, much to my body’s dismay, and headed toward my dormitory.   Brad called out after me.

“First you didn’t even respond to my mail over the summer, then you’ve ignored me at school. At first, I thought maybe it was you having personal issues, but then Rhett told me that you broke off ties with him too. I guess it’s true that people said you’ve changed. Not in a good way either. Who even are you anymore?”

I stopped and bit my lip, “What do you think I would have told you back then? Good Night Brad.”

And with that, I strolled to my dormitory with sweet dreams awaiting me.

Got it done :) 

It's a blank slate for you Clev, but I was probably thinking I'd give you the option to have Brad's last meeting with Aura before she leaves.

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

breakingheart128

Also, you're 6'2?!?! Wow. Lol. I'm just a tiny teenage girl then. XD

• Posted at:

cry hard

dance harder

Front sm

breakingheart128

That was so good!! I'll get right on my POV! I have so many ideas! 

• Posted at:

cry hard

dance harder

Front sm

ravenfairy187

Branch: Lucian

So. If I don't respond for a while please don't worry I'm just in the hospital

• Posted at:

Lani

I'd Rather Be Me Then Be With You

Also, I miss Newsies(Hannah)

And Mary Poppins(Bird Woman)

And Annie(July)

Front sm

breakingheart128

My POV didn't go through. Will resend tomorrow.

• Posted at:

cry hard

dance harder

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

@Lani, Are you ok? If you don't mind asking, what are you in the hospital for? I hate the ER! I did a blood drive for my school. I was kinda freaked out.

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

breakingheart128

I sent in my post and i hope it goes through.

• Posted at:

cry hard

dance harder

Front sm

breakingheart128

Brad Silverspring, November 1st-
Sue, bleary-eyed and weary, sat across from me in the library, the picture of complete dejection. We had been sitting here, in the darkest corner of the library, for hours in total silence. There was no energy or even will for talking. There was too much to be thought on; too much to feel.
Aura Portalsman- my girlfriend, and Susan's sister- would be leaving Hogwarts on in less than 48 hours. For good. Everything she had built- the SBG, and her relationships with everyone here- would be taken from her. Taken from me.
She was the first girl who had ever treated me like a real person. She teased me, corrected me, and even fought with me- and I loved it. I hadn't experience that much genuineness in a female since I was thirteen. She was beautiful and lively and ever so smart. I loved her. I really, really did.
If you loved her so much, you should have protected her.
I hung my head, and squeezed my eyes shut. Warm tears welled up and ran in miserable streams down my cheeks. Sue looked up at the sounds of my shaky breathing, prompting me to wipe my face and give her a watery smile.
"I'm sorry, Brad," she said, in her delicate voice.
I didn't say anything for a moment. Aura always said that Sue looked like Maresa, her late sister, but I treasured the resemblance of their bright, intelligent eyes and smiling mouths.
"Sorry for what?" I shook my head at her, doing my best to give her a good-humoured smile.
She shook her head, blond curls falling away from her face, revealing her thoughtful brown eyes, "You misunderstand me. I am sorry. Sorry for us. I'm inclined to think that we have the worst luck in the world with loved ones, but perhaps that would be an exaggeration that I am not worthy of."
I sat there for a moment, mouth agape. Who was the wisened sage that sat before me now, straight out of a Jane Austen novel? I laughed. I couldn't help it. I loved this child. She was a mini-Laura Portalsman.
She's too nice to be a chip off the old block. Susan's a brand new block.
"I would tend to agree with you," I said, standing up and pulling Sue off the floor. She complied and the tiny first year buried herself into the crook of my shoulder as I hugged her tightly to my chest. We laughed and cried at the same time, a desperate medley of confusion and sorrow. I understood why maybe Aura would be willing to say goodbye to me, but...
Who in their right minds would give this kid up?

November 2nd
Grace approached me the next morning. Her green eyes were full of compassion. "Aura wants to see you today."
My breath caught in my throat. No one but Grace had been allowed to visit Aura while she was in the hospital wing, and I hadn't seen her in weeks.
"Really?" I breathed, feeling totally unashamed as tears fell from my eyes, even in front of all my macho friends.
She nodded, "She wants to say goodbye." Grace took her leave quickly, squeezing my hand once before going.
One of my friends, Kyle Lamberton- a huge, well-muscled Ravenclaw- approached. "Dude," he began, looking concerned, "What was that about?"
"Aura wants to see me," I said breathlessy, hardly believing it.
"Oh," he said, looking obviously awkward. We walked to the Dining Hall, not saying another word about it, other than Kyle remarking on Grace's "hotness".
I crinkled my nose. I liked my friends, but there were probably more comforting sentiments he could've offered.

"Hey, Brad!"
"When are you coming back to the team?"
"Are you coming to the afterparty this Saturday?"
As soon as we entered the Dining Hall, we were swarmed by a clamoring mass of students. I was tired and worried about Aura, but I did my best to respond civily to the crowd. I skirted my way through the mob towards the table. As I passed, I made eye contact with my friend, Chad.
Well, maybe friend was a strong word. I would like to think he was my friend. But in reality, Chad hadn't even acknowledge my existence since our third year. It had gotten even worse after Aura and I started dating; he didn't seem to like her either and ignored her when she tried to talk to him for me.
My breath hitched in my throat and I flashed a friendly grin at him, but he looked away before he could see it.
I bit my lip in disappointment, but couldn't stay that way for long. Aura wanted to see me! This was more exciting than when we battled Slytherin for the House Cup last year, only about forty million times more nerve-wracking.
Sigmund Cloverfield caught my eye and he gave me an apologetic nod. From what I understood, he was one of Aura's close friends. I hadn't liked him that much when we first started dating, but Aura trusted him and so did I. I wondered if he knew about Aura. I wondered if he was going to see her, too.
"Hey, Brad," a pretty teenage girl greeted me as I sat down, twirling a strand of dirty blond hair around her finger.
I smiled politely, "Hey, Lila."
Lila Mistletoe was the most determined flirt in all of Hogwarts and hadn't stopped talking in three years. Or so it seemed, at least.
She leaned forwards, resting her chin on her hand, "McGonagall is killing me in Transfigurations. You think you could tutor me this afternoon?"
Her words said tutoring but her tone said something else. I cringed.
"I'm sorry, Lila," I began, turning away, "I'm really bad at that." Then I decided to throw a bone Chad's way, "Maybe my friend Chad could help you."
I pointed his way and Lila followed with her eyes, then made a disgusted pout. "No way, I can't be seen with him."
I was getting annoyed now; I didn't want to be rude, but it was time to pop Lila's bubble. "Look, Li, I'm sorry. I'm meeting with Aura this afternoon, so I wouldn't help you if I could."
"Ugh," she moaned, pulling away, "I can't believe you're still hung up on that-"
She didn't get to finish. I slammed my fork down and took my leave. First, Chad, and now Aura. I didn't care how popular she was, or even how popular I was. I didn't care that Chad didn't talk to me and that Aura hadn't contacted me in weeks. No one was allowed to talk about anyone like that.
It was no secret that Aura and I weren't the most obvious match. The worst insult anyone ever threw at me was "The Golden Boy" or "Hogwarts' Poster Boy", but Aura was reclusive and unwilling to deal with fake and flighty people. She did what she wanted and acted how she liked, and people didn't appreciate that. Most of them, anyways, I thought, passing Sigmund and Tim.
How Aura and I ended up together was the most embarrassing moment in my life. I was still on the Quidditch team at that point, and shared in the bravado and recklessness of my teammates. On a dare, I had been told to ask out the very next girl I saw. At the very same moment, the smartest and sassiest student in Hogwarts decided to join us in the gym, and it didn't end well. Well, at first. Eventually, we ended up together and all of Hogwarts knew about us. The rest is preferably history.
She was the first person to ever treat me like that. A person. Not just the next Quidditch star or the Golden Boy. Just a person. Someone that you could talk to and tease and laugh with. And it meant so much to me to have that.
I almost couldn't believe it would all be gone today.

She asked me to meet her in the Quidditch pitch, behind the bleachers. I wasn't surprised. That was where we had our first kiss.
Her back was to me and I approached, I stopped there for a moment. Her tiny, slim build waved slightly with the wind, and her dark hair with it. What was I going to say to her? I was so nervous. So angry. At her, at the world, at Lila, at Chad, but at myself mostly. I should've seen what she was going through. I should've saved her.
With my head down, I stepped forwards and tapped her lightly on the shoulder. She spun around, electric eyes wide, but relaxed almost immediately.
"Oh, Brad," she sighed, hand over her heart, "It's just you."
I smiled at her and we both took a step backwards, eyes everywhere but each other's.
"I-"
"Brad, I-"
We both began speaking at the same time, and laughed awkwardly as we realized it.
"You first," she said gently.
Oh, my. I had been playing out what I was going to say, but as she stood in front of me, eyes sad and mouth open, it all left me.
I took her hand. It was small and warm and slightly scarred, but blood still ran in those veins. I squeezed it, feeling the life. She was alive.
"Brad," she began, voice soft. I looked up and her eyes were filled with tears. I tilted my head at her, attempting to hold back my own but it was futile. I didn't want this. "A lot has happened this year," she continued, swallowing hard. "I know I've been different lately, but I want you to know that you didn't do anything wrong."
I shook my head, squeezing tears out of my eyes. She had been different. She had recoiled at my touch and didn't talk to me anymore. But I knew why now. She was depressed. She was scared. And I hadn't even known.
"No," I said, fiercely, "I'm so, so sorry. I should've known."
She shook her head wildly, "Brad, no, so many things have happened. Things I can't tell you about right now. You didn't do anything wrong."
She stepped forwards and held my face in her hands. I closed my eyes, relishing the moment. "You couldn't have loved me better," she said, eyes full of something she hadn't shown in a while. Love.
I kissed her. It was the most natural thing in the world and for a moment, it was only us. For a moment, we were just two kids in love who weren't battling enemies far greater than our own powers. Just two kids. In love.
We stood there for a moment, arms wrapped around each other. I felt her hesitation. She trembled in my arms and I let her bury her face in my robes.
"You'll take care of Susan, won't you?" she asked, pulling away and standing apart, arms crossed and eyes towards the ground.
"Of course," I said, confused by her separation.
She nodded, "Good." Finally she pulled something from her robes. An envelope. She thrust it towards me and I took it, looking at the neat cursive that addressed it to me.
"Brad," she said, suddenly urgent, "Something happened to me. I wasn't sure about it before, but I've been having dreams about what happened to me that night. There's a mole in the SBG and they're trying to weed us out."
I flinched, horrified. "You mean-?"
She nodded, "Yes. The mole themselves might be under the Imperius curse. But you have to save them."
"Save who?"
"Charlie, Sigmund, Tim. You need to tell them. You need to tell them that I said it's time."
"What do you-?"
"They'll understand." She said firmly, and suddenly her eyes softened. "I really am sorry, Brad." Suddenly, she leaned forwards, kissed me on the cheek, and fled in the other direction.
I stood there, dumbfounded, clinging to the letter and to some sliver of hope that maybe. Just maybe one day I would see her again.
I held the letter to my lips and hoped.

That night, I slipped downstairs to the Common Room. Everyone was sound asleep but I needed to think. I stood in the entrance for a moment, staring into the fire. What had Aura meant?
I suddenly became aware of a second presence in the room. I looked over and for the second time that day, made eye contact with an old friend. Chad.
"Didn't expect to see you here," I said finally, "It's been a while."
"Yeah, Brad. I’ve just been relaxing by myself taking in the fire. Kinda awful to do anything this late when we’re not allowed phones" He said it in his old lazy tone, but I took it as an invitation to join him.
I smiled, for the moment content to just sit with my previous friend. I helped myself to a spot next to him and we sat. It didn't take long for the awkwardness to creep in. I had to talk, It was in my nature.
"Do you remember Scarlet Parker?" I asked, trying to find a topic of interest to us both. Scarlett had been his first crush, but she had graduated and Chad hadn't seen her since.
He flinched, "Yeah, I do. Why?"
I stared into the fire, sweating, "You remember how bummed you were when she left? I don’t know if you’ve heard but my girlfriend, Aura Portalsman has to leave. Everything we did...gone. If only she would have told me what was going on. Maybe I could have stopped it. I dunno I just can’t sleep." I left out a ton of details, but I hoped that he would show some interest.
He yawned, and began in an irritated manner, " I’m pretty sure the whole school knows about it. Just move on man. There were bigger fish in the sea anyway."
I was shocked. Such coldness seemed uncalled for, even from Chad. "Are you serious?" I said, shifting to look at him. "Can't you see I'm hurting?"
"Didn't care enough to notice," he said and began walking away.
I stood up and called after him, "First you didn’t even respond to my mail over the summer, then you’ve ignored me at school. At first, I thought maybe it was you having personal issues, but then Rhett told me that you broke off ties with him too. I guess it’s true that people said you’ve changed. Not in a good way either. Who even are you anymore?" Maybe I was harsh. I saw him pause for a moment, but I couldn't see his expression.
"What do you think I would have told you back then? Goodnight, Brad."
And with that, I lost two people in the very same day.

@Zeke

Hope it's okay! Sorry it took so long! First one in a while.

@Lani

What happened, dear?

@Moderators

Please let this through!

• Posted at:

cry hard

dance harder

Front sm

breakingheart128

Yay, it went through! sorry the font is small, i forgot to edit that.

• Posted at:

cry hard

dance harder

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

@Clev, I think it's amazing! I love the outside perspective from Brad looking in. You're writing has improved significantly (it was great to begin with and much better than mine). I will get one up later this week. Brilliant and Creative.

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

@Aura, I'm thinking Sigmund won't open the message until he leaves back for Ilvermorny.  I'm going to have a lot of fun with Chad's character. 

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

ravenfairy187

Branch: Lucian

I am. Out of the hospital finally. I had appendicitis, which was not fun. But it's done now and I'm resting bc it's snowing.

• Posted at:

Lani

I'd Rather Be Me Then Be With You

Also, I miss Newsies(Hannah)

And Mary Poppins(Bird Woman)

And Annie(July)

Front sm

breakingheart128

@Zeke

Oh, thank you! I'm excited!

I think that is a good plan. I'm thinking Brad is going to keep everything to himself for a little while.

• Posted at:

cry hard

dance harder

Front sm

breakingheart128

@Lani

Thats no fun! I'm glad you're recovering! Get lots of rest!

• Posted at:

cry hard

dance harder