Front sm

ghostsurfer1

Branch: Tomas

Listen to FAMILY OF THE YEAR-HERO while reading the first half of the POV, if it’s too distracting, read it first then listen to the song and play it through in your mind. I just thought the lyrics were really fitting as they talk about becoming independent. Sort of touching.

@Eveyone, thatnk you for your support.

Sigmund Cloverfield-

I sat on a bench overlooking the black lake at the top of the owlery. I had received the letter and package that I was expecting from my sister and mom this morning but I knew not to show it or talk about it to anyone. I waited until after classes to come up here. I had the small white rectangular box leaning against my thigh with a ribbon around it with a letter attached. I looked down and hoisted it onto my lap and bit my lip while pulling the ribbon off. Sure enough, the letter had my name on it in Leah’s fine signature. I grabbed it and opened it up making sure I didn’t tear anything. The card was plain red on the outside with a white rose in the middle just like the cards I’ve always had to use to make my thank you cards. I smiled as I opened it,

I smiled and wiped the lone tear streaming down my face. I heard Charlie’s voice,

“Sigmund isn’t he just great! Chase is the bes’. I can’t ever recall being this crazy ‘bout a boy. He’s so dreamy though.” She said spinning around slowly and dreamily.  I sniffed and smiled at her. I was happy Charlie was happy, she deserved it.

“I saw yeh walk up ‘ere, now what’re yeh doin’ here?”

“Nothing much, I just am dealing with family matters.”

Charlie was completely oblivious to my emotion right now, she certainly was falling for Fuzzy, “And what is that?” she said leaning on the railing with her chin resting on her hand, daydreaming.

My eyes teared up and I wiped them again, “Um well it’s my dad’s birthday today.”

Still looking at the sunset Charlie seemed overjoyed, “Well tell him I wish him a very special day.”

“Charlie, I would but um... he’s dead.”

Charlie whipped around to look at me, she looked liked she accidentally injured me and she came back to her senses,

“Sig, I’m so sorry, I had no idea! Please forgive me.”

“Charlie you’re fine, not many people know anyway. Only my close Ilvermourny friends, Aura, Linda, and Chad knew about it.”

Charlie took a seat next to me and rested her head against my shoulder recognizing my sadness.

“You really don’t have to answer, but what happened to him?” she paused, “You know what nevermind, that was a stupid question of me to ask.”

I knew Charlie would die of curiosity if I didn’t tell her, “He died by some magic thugs coming home from work. Wrong place at the wrong time I guess. He and three other wizards died that day. I remember it like yesterday even though I was only 5, my mom came home crying.”

Charlie bit her lip and I could see her eyes fill up with water, “Sig, I’m so sorry that’s terrible…” she trailed off, “Did the same thing happen to Aura; did her parents die?”

I shook my head, “No, her sister Resa was murdered. I thought maybe telling her of my grief would help her out. I guess not.”

After a brief silence, Charlie spoke, “And Linda?”

“Her baby brother died some years ago from a rare form of cancer when she was only 10. Now ever since she tells me she has to be the best, otherwise, a part of her would  feel as though she is disappointing her brother who fought for every breath he could take.”

Charlie closed her eyes taking in the moment and I knew what she was thinking. ‘I can’t believe anyone didn’t tell me this!’

“Look, Charlie, I know a lot of us are friends but we all carry baggage in our family life. I know you and your family are doing great. Keep it that way. And if you’re wondering about why I told Chad, well he’s just a snitch.”  I said putting on a slight smile at her. Her green eyes looked up at me as she retained her head resting on my shoulder.

“Why does life have to be so unfair? I get it great but yet Yeh and others don’t,” she said calmly.

“I don’t know Charlie, that’s just the way it is sometimes I guess. Sometimes I wonder what life would be like if I wasn’t a wizard. How much more I would have fit in. You know?”

Charlie looked up at me, “Sig, you can’t think that way. You have close knit friends here and at Ilvermourney too that have your back.”

I just shook my head, “Yeah but my mom doesn’t even like the fact that I'm a wizard at all. She didn’t want to have the same thing happen to us that happened to my father and she thought wizardry was taboo.”

Charlie asked in a very somber state, “Then why did she send you to Ilvermourney? If she was so against it.”

“ It didn’t work out that easy. I feel as though it must have killed her soul to do it. I know we never planned on it, but I mean my mom had Leah at the young age of 18. Messed up I know but my parents were crazy about each other. Then after my dad died it got really hard for my mom to pay the bills, and we had to move out of our apartment into my grandparent's house. By the time I was 9, that’s when we moved out and I was shocked when my mom told me that Leah was going to Ilvermourney, but when you think of it know it probably the smart thing to do. I mean Ilvermourney was free, she didn’t have to worry about food and she knew Leah would be safe. She wouldn’t have to worry as much and probably put less stress on her. Then two years later it was my time to go. To be completely honest, I don’t even care about magic that much anyway. It’s nice and I really like it here but when I’m back home in Minnesota I feel like I’m so left out. My one friend Tommy is cool with me but when I meet up with some of his friends, they would talk about stuff that happens at school and I can’t relate at all. ”

“Sig, why not just quit? I know I would hate for it to happen but if you really don’t like it being a wizard then tell your mom.”

“Charlie I have to. It’s the only thing that brings me..” my voice cracked a little bit, “closer to my dad. It’s the one thing I know we share in common.”

There was just pure silence for maybe a minute, “I understand.” is all Charlie could cough out.

I looked down at her. She really did care about me.

“Besides it’s too late to leave now. Plus I’m really enjoying school right now! I wouldn’t pull an Aura on you. I love the SBG as well. I couldn’t leave.”  I said wanting Charlie not to feel so somber.

Charlie got up and looked at me as though she was shocked at my Aura comment then she smiled.

“Sigmund, I don’t know what I could do without you. You opened to door to me that had been closed for so long. You gave me the confidence that I needed for Fuzzy, you stuck with me through when I lost my memory, and when I thought I could get my way, you were stubborn and showed me I couldn’t act that way. Not even for a minute you would let me be my devious chance Mr.Cloverfield.” she said laughing out the last sentence.

“Now Ms.Barnes maybe Tim i’ll let that happen but you’re better than that. I can promise you that.”

We both smiled, “Sigmund I have to go. I hope I was anyhelp. I have to study with Liza. Can’t leave her behind.”

I smiled slightly, “Go ahead Charlie, you cheer people up wherever you go. I’ll be fine.”

“If you say so Sig.” Charlie gave a smile and a quick wave and was off.

I looked down at the box on my leg, Charlie must have seen it but she didn’t ask about it. I think she knew it was personal. I opened it up and sure enough there was a thick waxed candle. I used incendio to light it up. A tear rolled down my cheek as I set it on the ledge and used a spell to keep it in place.

“Happy Birthday Dad.”...

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Ghostsurfer1 aka Ghostbrigadier1 aka Investigatecorpral1  

CoolSyrup

HEY, SMART THAT YOU WOULD HIGHLIGHT MY SIG. MY MB B-DAY IS MARCH 12.

Front sm

onyxwolf284

Branch: Ekaterina

AWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!! *hugs* That was so amazing! Wow! That really hit deep with me. Nice job. :)

• Posted at:

mickey. 

no more band-aids on my heartaches.

no more smoke when i burn my pancakes. 

no more drowning in my sorrow. 

with my chin held up there's always better luck

tomorrow. 

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

Did you like the song that went with it. The lyrics are really good!

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

onyxwolf284

I haven't yet but I promise I will. :)

• Posted at:

mickey. 

tomorrow. 

Front sm

onyxwolf284

Oh my goodness that song is soooooooooooooo good!!!!! :D

• Posted at:

mickey. 

tomorrow. 

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

I just pictured it with Sigmund and all and I thought it fit perfectly. I don't listen to those songs quite often.

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

Ok since I had such a sad pov. I was thinking to make mine a little bit more fun for you guys! I'm going to let you each choose 1 character from that list I comprised (Page 30). It could be your own or some completely random character but I promise I will include it in my pov! It might just be a sentence with them in it, but it could be a challenge for me! Does that sound cool? If not just ignore this!

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

onyxwolf284

Sure!! :D How about Izzy (Isabelle)? Hufflepuff, 15, dark skin, long curly hair, dark chocolate eyes, very bright smile. 

• Posted at:

mickey. 

tomorrow. 

Front sm

scarletactor17

Branch: Janus

Zeke I'm sorry sorry about your grandpa. He is in a better place. Also, that was one of the greatest POVs I've ever read. I'll write the POV after you put yours up. Also, I'll let you add Mateo into the mix. 

• Posted at:

Under cloud, beneath the starsOver snow one winter's mornI turn at last to paths that lead homeAnd though where the road then takes meI cannot tellWe came all this wayBut now comes the dayTo bid you farewell

-Billy Boyd

#TheMBLivesOn

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

All right! Can one of you two go first though? I don't feel as inspired when I post two Pov's back to back.

@Fen, I'll have to look back in the Povs for this character! I knew you would choose a character like that!

@Tobias, Matteo is fine but are you sure you don't want to choose a harder character for me? I''m totally fine with Matteo. And if you're going to but the choice is yours. pov please do not wait for me!

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

ravenfairy187

Branch: Lucian

I can't POV currently until July 8th cause Captain Bree is a one night show, so.

Can you include Oceania?

• Posted at:

Lani

I'd Rather Be Me Then Be With You

Also, I miss Newsies(Hannah)

And Mary Poppins(Bird Woman)

And Annie(July)

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

Sure. But someone needs to pov first.

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

scarletactor17

Oh I thought you were talking about the SGB list. I didn't notice the list at the bottom. That is a lot of characters. Instead of Mateo, do Todd (The student). I'll get to work on my POV.

• Posted at:

Under cloud, beneath the starsOver snow one winter's mornI turn at last to paths that lead homeAnd though where the road then takes meI cannot tellWe came all this wayBut now comes the dayTo bid you farewell

-Billy Boyd

#TheMBLivesOn

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

@Tobias, Thanks. 

@Fen, in your next pov you should include finding out about finding out that Fenrir Greyback is on the loose. I forgot to mention it in mine. I think it will advance the plot.

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

scarletactor17

Wrote his on the computer and on my phone so ignore the mistakes. Also I wrote the ending in a rush because I'm heading to Church.

Mateo

"You shouldn't have come here," said Kane as I closed the turn. I turned around to see him comforting a crying Sally. "Uh, why? Whats going on," I asked, shutting the door. It closed with a loud, rusty sound. "Que esta pas-I mean what is going on," I asked again. "I failed Kane. You were right. I shouldn't have done it in the first place. Todd put all his trust into me and I failed him. What is he going to do with me," she said. Kane nudged her away, "You brought that upon yourself. It was a terrible idea anyway, since that Barnes girl practically follows him around everywhere," Kane turned to me before continuing, "Oh nothing, its just that Sally promised Todd she would get information out of Sigmund and she failed, so now she's worried about how he'll react." "Oh. Well I don't think Todd would be that mad," I said in reply. Sally glared at me, but then went back to crying. Kane kept quiet. The door opened and in came Duncan, Sylvia, and Justin. The three stopped talking as soon as they saw me. "Looks like Todd decided to let him stay after all. Surprised he did though. He isn't fond of the nerdy type," said Justin. Duncan and Sylvia laughed. Justin continued, "But for some reason he's fond of you Mateo. Why though?" I shrugged, "Maybe he uh thought you guys could use a nerd?" The three burst out laughing. "Oh will you guys just shut up. The three of you are the most annoying people I know. I'm surprised Todd even let you guys in," yelled Kane. The three shut up. Thank God. Their attention turned to Sally. "Whats the matter with her. Didn't she get the information out of Sigmund," asked Sylvia. Kane shook his head. A smile crept up Duncan's "Oh Todd is going to be really mad at you sweety." Sally and Kane didn't bother to react. "Cannot wait to see what he has in store for that-," I slapped Justin in the face. Justin put his hand to where I slapped him. "What was that for," he asked. "Porque eres un matón," I replied. Justin threw a punch at me and ducked, causing his arm to hit the wall. He screamed and took out his wand. So did Duncan and Sylvia. I took out mine and aimed it at them, ready for a fight. Justin yelled, "Stupefy." I used a shield charm and it sent the spell flying to the door as Todd opened it.

"What the? Were you guys trying to kill me," Todd said, putting on a hurt face. His face changed to sick face as he ran to the nearest trash can and threw up. He stood back up and wiped his chin, "Now someone explain to me why you guys started without me? Those weren't even the spells I showed you last time." Justin pointed at me, "He was being as smart a---." Todd looked at me, "Now is this true Mateo?" I shook my head, "He was being mean to Sally." A smile grew on his face. Todd began laughing for what seemed like forever. He put his hand on my shoulder, "Oh Mateo this why I lo-," Todd's face froze and he ran to the trash can and threw up again. He coughed, before standing back up and continued laughing, "This is why I like you Mateo. You're so eager to help others, even though they're the reason why they got them self into trouble." He turned his attention away from me and to Sally. He walked up to her and began caressing her hair, "Sally why are you crying? Did someone get you? If so, tell me who. I promise I'll make them pay." Sally didn't say a thing, but instead continued to cry. Todd's face lit up, "I see. You didn't get the information did you?" Sally kept quiet. Todd scoffed, "Now that is pitiful. I was in such a happy mood, until just now. Thanks to you, I am pissed." He grabbed her arm and yanked her away from Kane, who had a look of pity on his face. "You do realize how much I needed that information, right? I trusted you and you failed me," said Todd. Sally broke and began to cry. Todd scoffed and began dragging her to the door, "Meeting is canceled. I have some unexpected business to attend to. Maybe Sally will be with me tomorrow. Maybe she won't. Do I care? No." Todd shut the door. Everyone was quiet. "I mean...I knew he would be mad at her, but...I didn't think he'd be that mad at her," said Justin.

Sally lives by the way.

Mods please let this through. This is all fake. It's meant to give character development to Todd.

• Posted at:

-Billy Boyd

#TheMBLivesOn

Front sm

onyxwolf284

That was great, but for future reference, please watch your language. Thanks. :) Nice POV. 

• Posted at:

mickey. 

tomorrow. 

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

Fen though the language was bad, it did show how corrupt Todd's character is. Some teenage boys are like that and I can relate to Tobias. I had a little swearing in my Pov's (very little). But yeah for next pov I would tone it down.

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

scarletactor17

Oki, will do! Thanks too. :D

• Posted at:

-Billy Boyd

#TheMBLivesOn

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

No, I liked how sinister and mean they were. The only thing that went too far was Justin's to be comment about Sally when Matteo slapped him.

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

What I like is how Matteo knows some information on the SBG and isn't telling them. He hasn't turned evil just quite yet.

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

onyxwolf284

Thanks guys. :) You're awesome. Sorry I'm a bit picky, I'm just VERY naïve and sensitive to swearing. X) 

• Posted at:

mickey. 

tomorrow. 

Front sm

scarletactor17

Don't worry, I understand. Whos going next?

• Posted at:

-Billy Boyd

#TheMBLivesOn

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

I can't I have my grandpas funeral. Fen can u go? If u pov can u introduce piper meadows? She's the last member of the sbg. You can choose her characteristics. Make her like meridas friend to make it less awkward if u do. On iPhone gtg.

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

onyxwolf284

Of course. :) Just take a break, you're good. 

i hope you don't mind if I just kinda... make her a new character... of mine... lol.

• Posted at:

mickey. 

tomorrow. 

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

No, go ahead. That's great! I was maybe thinking you didn't want to!

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

scarletactor17

Zeke: About what you said yesterday. Over time Mateo will begin to tell Todd and his gang what he knows. But he's gonna get evil little by little. I have an idea on what causes him to turn fully evil, but it probably won't happen until near the end of the school year at Hugwarts. I'd like to take our time with Mateo.

• Posted at:

-Billy Boyd

#TheMBLivesOn

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

@Tobias, That's fine. Remember Sigmund is leaving in December (foreign exchange student), however, I do have an idea on how he will return. I think Sigmund, Linda, or Tim won't tell Mateo the really crucial information though because there is a little distrust. Remember that POV of Sigmund's where Mateo was talking about dark magic and how he thought it could be useful. That stuck in Sigmund's head.

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

onyxwolf284

Dude, this girl is my spirit animal... I love her.

Name: Piper Meadows

Appearance: Short, curly white-blonde hair with a few golden streaks, just below the shoulders and bounces when she walks; large, round, ice-blue eyes full of amazed wonder, rimmed by long, blonde lashes; very fair skin with a light spray of freckles across her nose, rosy cheeks; usually wears red lipstick and has red-painted nails; very short (5' 1") and very thin (but is actually surprisingly strong); very beautiful (like, veela-beautiful); bright, perfectly-straight smile

<> White dress shirt with sleeves rolled to elbows, grey vest (sometimes), Gryffindor tie, grey skirt just above the knee, black lace-up boots

<> Dress with a black and white-striped bodice (short sleeves) and a red knee-length skirt, light blue denim jacket with sleeves rolled to elbows, black Ray Bans, white Converse high-tops, gold arrow necklace, gold bracelets

<> Loose black and white-striped top, loose dark mustard cardigan/sweater, dark skinny jeans, brown ankle boots, long gold necklace with a maple leaf pendant, shorter necklace with a gold flying bird pendant

<> Loose burgundy top with the front tucked into light blue distressed skinny jeans, light brown jandals, arrow necklace

<> Hoodie and black leggings, white Converse high-tops, white Converse snapback (backwards)

Personality: At first sight appears sweet and gentle, but when you get to know her, she's a through-and-through tomboy. Determined, stubborn, very friendly and popular, loves everything about being outside, good at almost every sport and loves to get messy, does have a side that is polite, loving, and very fashionable, loud, intelligent, loyal, nearly fearless, adrenaline-junkie, adventurous, quick/witty/has a sarcastic streak, protective, HATES being underestimated but is very graceful about proving herself

House: Gryffindor

Wand: Sycamore, 10.5", phoenix feather, graceful

Patronus: Bald eagle

Pet: Has many pets at home, but none acceptable for school. She has, however, grown quite fond of a sparrow which lives on the school grounds, who she has named Chester.

Other: Piper is the only daughter in a family with five brothers (3 older, 2 younger). She was born in Germany and is ethnically German, but was raised in England since age 3, thus resulting in a hint of English in her accent. She does speak fluent German, but she didn't have to learn English. Piper loves sports, especially rugby, archery, and dance. She also loves to longboard. She is definitely "one of the guys", but she also loves to dress nice and be graceful. She has always had a gift with animals and all of her pets at home were brought from the wild and tamed by her. She loves being outside and cannot STAND being cooped up (claustrophobic). Piper also loves people and music. She plays the piano at a very high level and loves it.

• Posted at:

mickey. 

tomorrow. 

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

WOW FEN, THAT JUST BLEW ME AWAY! 

@Everyone: I can't post Wendsday to Sunday. Sorry

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

onyxwolf284

Awwwww!!!! Thanks!!! :D 

Okay, no worries! :D I'll POV soon. ;)

• Posted at:

mickey. 

tomorrow. 

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

@Fen, I'm excited to read it. It's totally up to you but if you want you could have Piper already somewhat know Tim and Sigmund. The only reason I'm saying this is because they both are 6th years (unless Piper is an older fifth year?) and they're in the same house. It's all your call though.

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

onyxwolf284

Yeah, she's sixth year. :) Her older brother, Luca is also in Gryffindor, in his seventh year. Can he and Tim have been friends when they were younger? So they were always hanging out and Piper, due to who she is, was always trying to be around them. Is that okay?

• Posted at:

mickey. 

tomorrow. 

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

@Fen: I actually like that idea because Tim is popular as well so he knows a lot of people.  How about they became friends because their fathers are both Aurors (Tim's dad is one) so they saw each other alongside their dads growing up. Their families are close yet Tim never hangs out with Piper much and more of Luca during like the summer?

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

onyxwolf284

YEEEEEESSSSS. Oh my goodness, I am loving this!! :D 

• Posted at:

mickey. 

tomorrow. 

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

Now all there is to do is READ! For me at least! XD

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

onyxwolf284

I am SUUUUUPER busy today, it being the 4th, but I will TRY. 

• Posted at:

mickey. 

tomorrow. 

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

No have fun today! Take your time. I'm going up north on Friday so just do it before that? It's ok if you can't! ENJOY YOUR FOURTH!!!!

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

Sorry but I read my first pov and it said Sigs dad died when he was 2 but in my most recent one he was five. In case u were confused he was 5! Sorry bout that!

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

onyxwolf284

Awww fanks. X) I went swimming at my cousin's house and we may or may not have lit off some fireworks... that aren't exactly... legaaal.... lol.

I can totally get it done by then. :)

Cool beans, thanks! ;)

• Posted at:

mickey. 

tomorrow. 

Front sm

scarletactor17

Zeke: It rings a bell about Mateo saying dark magic and how it could be useful. I like the idea of not giving him the full Picture. I think it should be enough information to maybe cause some damage but not a whole lot. Quick question. Or of curiosity, what is Fenrir Greyback's master plan, since he plays a huge role in the story. Is it like a revenge plot or a plan to finish what Voldemort started?

• Posted at:

-Billy Boyd

#TheMBLivesOn