Front sm

blackcat3440

Branch: Lucian

Marie POV

The Sigmund fellow seemed quite interesting. He seemed to be adjusting to England alright, even if making an enemy out of Charlie was a bad idea! I'd have to watch out for him on the quidditch field too, that sneaky American!I walked down to the Hufflepuff common room and saw some of the first and second years chatting. I smiled as I walked past them to the girls dormintory. I remember being a nervous first year, only having a vague idea of hogwarts. The memory of trying to figure out how to tell my mom about not being in Griffyndor came but I shoved it away. I didn't need my mom making this day a downer as well. 

I decided to say hi to the cute new arrival in Hufflepuff. Aura's sister Sue was a quiet little first year, but she sure was loyal to her sister. She seemed so small on the sorting stool, but when the hat yelled the house Charlie had given a huge whoop and I was the first one to clap. "Hello Sue." I said when I passed her on the stairs. "I wasn't able to say much last night, but welcome to Hufflepuff!" 

"Thanks! It's nice here, and we're right next to the kitchens too!" She replied grinning.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Alexa

Daughter of Dionysus

Hufflepuff

"The only time when you run of chances is when you stop taking them."

Always happy to talk about books!

Front sm

onyxwolf284

Branch: Ekaterina

@Clev

XD Very. *cowers*

@Roxy

No way, that is sooooo cool!!! :DDD

@Alexa

I LOVE it! :D 

@Everyone

I will try to find time to POV today. D: My sister and are making butterbeer, building a fort, and having a movie marathon. Then I have school registration and I get my schedule. I'm so excited!! :D For now, pause the POVs. You guys are doing GREAT!!! 

• Posted at:

mickey. 

no more band-aids on my heartaches.

no more smoke when i burn my pancakes. 

no more drowning in my sorrow. 

with my chin held up there's always better luck

tomorrow. 

Front sm

cleverfairy102

*presses the pause button* Okay, that'll give me time to watch Leverage, a AWESOME show in Netflix. See ya! Which movies?

Speaking of popcorn and butterbeer, I'm starving.

• Posted at:

Hello.

did you know... that... 

You're perfect,

smart,

beautiful,

doing the best you can,

and that I'm proud of you?

I'm doing quite well, thank you, my friend.

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

Branch: Tomas

@roxy 

sorry bout that

• Posted at:

Ghostsurfer1 aka Ghostbrigadier1 aka Investigatecorpral1  

CoolSyrup

HEY, SMART THAT YOU WOULD HIGHLIGHT MY SIG. MY MB B-DAY IS MARCH 12.

Front sm

wizardwolf1120

It's fine I can see where someone could confuse that.

• Posted at:

Night Is My Domain

NIGHTINGALE/LUX

αηδόνι      

#MaryDidYouKnow?

#KristaEllieDiya

Trust No One

You Could Say I Am A Crazy Cahill. 

How am I gonna be a optimist about this?

Front sm

wizardwolf1120

Bump!! Can someone POV Tomorrow? I know it's late now.

-Roxy

• Posted at:

Night Is My Domain

NIGHTINGALE/LUX

αηδόνι      

#MaryDidYouKnow?

#KristaEllieDiya

Trust No One

You Could Say I Am A Crazy Cahill. 

How am I gonna be a optimist about this?

Front sm

onyxwolf284

I will right now!!! :D 

GUYS. My science teacher is from England and he has an ACCENT. :DDD I'M GONNA DIE. 

• Posted at:

mickey. 

tomorrow. 

Front sm

onyxwolf284

I was working on a super long, awesome POV and the stupid iPad deleted it!!!!!!!! >:( I'll redo it tomorrow. 

• Posted at:

mickey. 

tomorrow. 

Front sm

cleverfairy102

Aww, I hate when that happens

• Posted at:

Hello.

did you know... that... 

You're perfect,

smart,

beautiful,

doing the best you can,

Front sm

cleverfairy102

He has an accent? Hhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!*dies*

• Posted at:

Hello.

did you know... that... 

You're perfect,

smart,

beautiful,

doing the best you can,

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

Sigmund Cloverfield-

“And don’t forget, this is due tomorrow so make sure it’s completed! I will be checking!” Professor Redford yelled to the amount of  students seeping out the exit.

I was dismissed out of my Arithmacy class exhausted from the homework assigned to us. I told Tim I would meet up in the library after supper to study.  As of right now two things were on my mind, Leonard and try-outs. I decided to try out for the quidditch team due to the fact that it would probably be too late my join the team once I got back to Ilvermorny. First, However, I had to get to Leonard to ask if it was ok for me to join the team. On the policy of joining the program, under some regulation, in order to join any club I had to get consent from my counselor. Stopping midway down the stairs, I reached into my backpack and pulled out the extensive form which granted me permission. It was really small little forms crammed into one so the counselor could sign off multiple clubs at a time. I had Quidditch highlighted from the night before. I then proceeded going down the steps when I saw Stephen waving then telling his friends next to him that he would catch up.

“Hope to see you there tonight Sigmund.” He said

“I hope so too. If my counselor lets me.” my voice said trailing off.

“I think you will get a spot. There’s only two other people trying out for Chaser this year. One’s a second year and another a fourth like me. I think you will easily take the open spot and maybe even mine.”

It just then hit me that Stephen himself was a Chaser.

“How long have you been on the team?” I asked

“Well, my second year I was a sub and only got to play two games yet last year I was a regular and hopefully again this year.” he said in his British accent.

“Nice, I didn’t start really till my third year either. I would have been assistant captain this year if I hadn’t done the program.”

“Eh, your better off here. Expect to see you there.”  his voice trailed as he walked away. Before I could respond he was lost in the crowd of students. I then went in the opposite direction towards Leonard’s office. After coming to his office, it was hard to miss. It was right next to a knight statue that had a plaque that read

One of many that fought in battle of Hogwarts

Leonards office was really two rooms in fact. One was his ‘waiting’ room and the other was his office.

When I walked in I saw Leonard’s door open with a student complaining with him about wanting to go back to his school. The exchange program only consisted of 5-7 years so I knew he had to be within that range. He appeared as though he was from the Durmstrad Institute, yet his Slytherin uniform said otherwise. It wasn’t till nearly a minute since I walked into his office that he noticed me. He mouthed the words ‘Wait’ and flicked the door closed with his wand. Luckily I was done with classes for the day yet the try-outs were in little more than an hour. I sat down on one of the old wooden chairs took off my backpack from my shoulders and opened up my book, Quidditch Through the Ages and began to read. As the time ticked on I set down my book and checked my watch. It was only 45 minutes till, not to mention how long Leonard might take. At one point I heard screaming from the student in the room. Then the door was shoved open and the kid, now red faced with clenched fists slammed the door back. He didn’t even know I was there.  I put my book away and zipped up my backpack. I slowly walked up to the door and turned the handle. The door creaked open only to see Leonards rubbing his eyes with his knuckles the stretching.

“Hello Sigmund. Your not here to want to be sent back are you?Your teachers are saying your on task and doing well.”

“No Leonard. I was actually wondering if you could sign off to let me join the quidditch team?”

“Oh good. Sorry you had to witness that back there.  Do you have your sheet.”

I pulled the sheet out of my pocket.on put it on the desk. Leonard took it and read over it. He lifted glance to my eyes and spoke

“Your sure you want to do this? Try-outs are in a half an hour and this will exclude you from joining your house team at Ilvermorny.”

“Yes, I’m sure.” I said.  Leonard then signed the sheet and handed it back to me.

“I’ll have to contact Ilvermorny saying that you joined the team here. You better hurry, practice is in 30 minutes and you still need your gear.”

With that I was already out the door. “Thanks Leonard!” I said. As the time ticked I scurried to gather my stuff.By the time I had gotten into the common room and got to my dorm I had only 20 minutes till practice. I threw my backpack on the bed. As quickly as I could I grabbed my old Wampus Quidditch robes and changed clothes as quick as I could. I took my broom, the Star Stake and headed out of my dorm and out through the common room. By now I only had 10 minutes till practice. I got a lot of looks coming from students seeing me running down the corridors. I would every few seconds or so have to say a quick,

“Excuse me.” or a “Coming through.”

By the time I had gotten outside, practice had just started. I made a last second effort for the field, not even using the entrance but flying over the grand-stands. Below me I saw two people talking to a group of about 10 or 11. Stephan spotted me and gave me a wave. I flew down only to stop a lecture from the captains and get looks from bored students who really just wanted to play. I landed on the field and took a stood next to Stephen and Roxanne. Some people were shocked about my decked out quidditch gear for try-outs. It was all I had unfortunately.

“Didn’t think you would come?” Roxanne tease.

I nodded but was more focused on the Captains speaking.

“As we were saying, if your new to the team and are hoping for a spot remember that no one on this team is guaranteed on. So everyone has the same odds as you.”

The captain was a seventh year I could tell. i had seen her in the common room once or twice. The assistant captain I knew immediately as 6th year Nolan Ward. He had been a long time friend of Timothy and a roommate of mine. I had gotten to

know him pretty well considering I saw him everyday.He was also a Chaser so that just slimmed my chances for the team. Just then Nolan spoke,

“Now what we want you to do is to split into two teams of 5 and we can start a pick-up game. Ellie and I will be here to watch.”  Stephen, Roxanne, and I joined Merida who I just then noticed was there and another beater named Cole.

“There will be no seekers so first to 300 wins.Now take your positions.” I got up in the air with my broom and went right to center field. It wasn’t until then that I realized I would be taking the tip off. I saw in front of me a student that Stephen had warned me about. He hadn’t made the team yet and each year had gotten more aggressive even so that he was only year 4. He was my competition and I wouldn’t let him get in my way. The ball was tossed and the rest was history. Over the next thirty minutes, I had scored 18 times and gotten 6 assists. O the last play of the game, I joked out a beater and gave a pass to Stephen which he responded in acing the ball right into the left goal posts past Lance Edington. The whistle sounded ending the game. The final score was 300 to 130!

Nolan began to speak, “That’s game everyone. Ellie and I will assess not only your skill level, but attitude and sportsmanship on the field. Try-Outs has ended. Positions will be posted outside of the Great hall tomorrow. Do what you please.”

I sighed of relief and before I knew it I was panting on my broom.  I flew down gave a weak high-five to Stephen, he was out of it too.

“Good job guys.” I said to Merida and Cole.

“Good job to you.” Cole said.  I realized Cole was a hopeful like me.

I then saw Roxanne swearing at herself.

“What happened?” I said sarcastically.

“I barely got 50 percent of saves out of there. The beaters prevented like 30 shots on goal. I might not make it.” she said bummed. I was shocked she was saying this stuff.

“Lance did worse.” I said

“At least he got 20 saves to my 14.”

“Don’t worry about the other guy, only yourself.”

“I guess” she mumbled a little too harshly. 

“I’m going to leave.”

Roxanne was looking at the ground and raised her hand in a gesture telling me to go. I then left the field. I caught up to Stephen and we walked to the common room both agreeing we needed a nap. I entered my dorm and saw that no one was in it as usual this time of day. I pulled down my bed sheets along with tossing my backpack off the bed, got into bed then pulled them up again. Before I knew it I was drifting off to sleep…

When I woke up it was dark out. Rubbing my drowsy eyes I noticed that I had missed supper and my stomach could tell too. I sat up and stretched and saw a plate with a bowl of soup on it. There it read a note:

Thought I’d get you something sleeping beauty. I’ll be in the Library at 8.

I checked the clock on my bedstead that read 8:40. I then started to gulp down the soup. Even thought it didn’t fill me up, my stomach had something to chew on. I then realized I was still in my quidditch gear. I changed into some button down white collared shirt putting a Gryffindor vest over it and some black cargo pants. I then took my Arithmacy textbook and ran down to the library. By the time I entered my sliver plated watch read 9:05.

“Hey, the princess is here!” Tim joked, “Thought you’d never awake.”

I smiled and noticed that Tim was sitting with Nolan and two Ravenclaw girls who I noticed were Linda and Erica both of whom were sixth years that I had met yesterday at lunch. I pulled up a chair and sat across from Tim. Not many other students were in this Library, and almost all of them seemed old due to the younger students having a shorter curfew. Nolan said I did a great job at quidditch which I could suspect meant I was on the team but he said nothing more. For the next 40 minutes all of us studied barely saying a word except for when Tim asked a question or two. Then another girl, a little younger than us walked up to our table and asked if she could sit here. Nobody said a word in protest so she decided to pull up a chair. She sat next to Tim and pulled out the book, Standard Book of Spells Grade 4.

“Hey Sigmund.” she said calmly. It wasn’t till then that I realized it was Aura, the Ravenclaw I had met at a table just the other day.  She said ‘hi’ to Erika and Erika responded with a smile.

“Oh, Hey Aura.” I responded in a casual tone. Tim raised an eyebrow at me but said nothing more. Just like on cue, the librarian walked around checking to make sure there were no 1-4 years in the room. I then realized that Aura was hiding from her so she could stay later. I glanced up and saw the librarian walk away.

“Hey aren’t you the girl who stopped the man in the train?” Tim asked Aura.

“Yeah, but it wasn’t much, really.”

Tim shrugged then returned to his book and paper. In the next 10 minutes I had finished my Arithmacy and Tim had finished too in two times the time I had. By now there were only 8 people in the library.  Tim cut the silence and whispered leaning over the table,

“Anyone up for the forbidden forest?”

The curfew for us was in a little less than an hour. Nolan was first to respond, “Not tonight man, I still have to assess my team.”

Then Tim turned to Erika, “I’m not taking the risk. I don’t want to get expelled.”

Linda reluctantly agreed. Tim turned to me. I felt my head telling me too but my gut was saying otherwise.  I finally began to speak,

“I don’t know Tim, what if we get caught?”

“We won’t. Have a little trust man.”  I sighed and didn’t want to let Tim down.

“Fine, I said. Tim did a little fist-pump.  Then Tim turned to Aura who was locked in her book.

“How about you?” Tim asked her. At first she didn’t respond yet then she lifted her head from her book and said.

“What did you say?”

“I was wondering if you wanted to go to the Forbidden Forest with us? Trust me, you got us to take the hit for you if we get caught.” …

It’s your call Clev.

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

onyxwolf284

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait!!!!! NO ONE POV!!! I was seeing Finding Dory with my mom (which was AMAZING). I'll go RIGHT NOW!!! :D

Great POV, btw! :)

• Posted at:

mickey. 

tomorrow. 

Front sm

cleverfairy102

I'll POV after Fenrir!

P.S. She'll go!

• Posted at:

Hello.

did you know... that... 

You're perfect,

smart,

beautiful,

doing the best you can,

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

Clev, I won't be able to post till Sunday but I have a great plot planned in the forbidden forest. Wait for me after your pov if u can.

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

cleverfairy102

I probably can! I'll wait till after Fenrir though!

Sorry, if it's not a long POV

• Posted at:

Hello.

did you know... that... 

You're perfect,

smart,

beautiful,

doing the best you can,

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

That's ok. I wanted to be more interactive in my pov

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

onyxwolf284

I am so sorry, I can't finish it right now! :( I have a party to prepare for, but I PROMISE I will finish and post it by tomorrow!! No one post! I WILL get it done tonight!

• Posted at:

mickey. 

tomorrow. 

Front sm

cleverfairy102

Awesome.

I need to work on a POV, so do your best to get it in. And you better spank that stupid IPad for deleting your awesome post.

• Posted at:

Hello.

did you know... that... 

You're perfect,

smart,

beautiful,

doing the best you can,

Front sm

onyxwolf284

I know right!!! :P :P :P

• Posted at:

mickey. 

tomorrow. 

Front sm

cleverfairy102

Okay, so just POV, and while your doing that. . .

I'll be thinking of smart aleck replies.

• Posted at:

Hello.

did you know... that... 

You're perfect,

smart,

beautiful,

doing the best you can,

Front sm

cleverfairy102

I was gonna do a POV for the Ravenclaw Quidditch try outs, but I have no fellow Ravenclaws, so I'm just gonna list the names of the players.

Keeper: Nyx Lauranto (6 year, has good reflexes, but her eyesight is bad without her glasses)

Chasers: Kelly Port (5 year, a magnificent arm) Lucas Evergrey (7 year, amazing aim) Cora Hunt (6 year, good on her broom)

Beater: Jack and Thorn Mistletoe (4 and 5 year, half brothers)

Seeker: Aura Portalsmithe (That's me!)

Captain: Aura Portalsmithe

• Posted at:

Hello.

did you know... that... 

You're perfect,

smart,

beautiful,

doing the best you can,

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

Bump

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

cleverfairy102

Agreed. Bump

• Posted at:

Hello.

did you know... that... 

You're perfect,

smart,

beautiful,

doing the best you can,

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

Bump again

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

onyxwolf284

Oh my goodness, guys, I am so sorry. We just got busy today and I forgot and I'm working on it right now, but I feel soon bad!!! *puts face in hands* I'm such a Dory sometimes!! 

• Posted at:

mickey. 

tomorrow. 

Front sm

cleverfairy102

XD That's okay. I had a party anyway (not a birthday party, a COOL party involving Rockband)

• Posted at:

Hello.

did you know... that... 

You're perfect,

smart,

beautiful,

doing the best you can,

Front sm

onyxwolf284

Oo!! :D I hosted a party yesterday. We played Killer! I was a Killer!!! :D

• Posted at:

mickey. 

tomorrow. 

Front sm

onyxwolf284

I have it all written, but it's really long and REALLY hard to copy and past on an iPad, so I'll post it first thing tomorrow. Thanks for waiting! :)

• Posted at:

mickey. 

tomorrow. 

Front sm

cleverfairy102

okay!

• Posted at:

Hello.

did you know... that... 

You're perfect,

smart,

beautiful,

doing the best you can,

Front sm

onyxwolf284

Okay, just a note on the teachers: they're staying the same as the books. Except Potions is Slughorn and Headmaster is McGonagall.

Divination - Trelawney

Charms - Flitwick

Potions - Slughorn

Transfiguration - McGonagall

Herbology - Sprout (Assistant is Neville Longbottom)

Defense Against the Dark Arts - OPEN FOR SUGGESTIONS (Bill Weasley?)

Care of Magical Creatures - Hagrid

Astronomy - Sinistra

Quidditch - Hooch

History of Magic - Binns

Arithmancy - Vector

Runes - Babbling

In answer to a previously asked question, this is a new Dumbledore's Army. This story happens about three years after the Battle of Hogwarts.

Sorry about the delay! I hope this makes up for it!!! 

Charlotte Barnes-

I stared contentedly into the flickering flames of the fire in the earthy Hufflepuff Common Room as I sat in front of it on a round black cushion with gold tassels. It had been a fantastic day back. I had met some amazing people, there was an Ilvermorny student staying for a trimester, and Aura had a great shot at being the Ravenclaw Quidditch Captain. Not to mention I loved- no, adored- her little sister, Sue. The only thing that was worrying me was the Dark wizard on the train. The Muggle-born he had smelled was me. But that thought was crammed in the back of my brain. My fingers absentmindedly toyed at one of the tassels on my pillow, but then dreaded realization dawned on me.

I looked at my watch and winced. I was late for Potions on my first day back. Like always. I scrambled to my feet and ran to the girls' dormatories, quickly finding my bed because it was the only one with a Polaroid of a blue-eyed Siberian husky pinned on the wall. He was my dog back home and his name was Loki. I knelt down to my suitcase and it open, pulling out my potion-making set, textbook, and notebook, placing them all in my satchel and then tucking my Hippogriff quill behind my right ear. I threw on my Hufflepuff robes and raced down to the dungeons.

Professor Slughorn liked me and I was good in his class, but he had began taking small amounts of points from my house due to my tardiness. I hoped he would go easy on me, it being the first day back. I swung the door open, jogging in, breathing heavily.

"Ah, Ms. Barnes!" Slughorn said cheerfully, looking up from his notes. "So glad you could join us! Get lost, did you?"

"No, sir," I panted. "I think the only thing I lost was track of time, but I've never been good at keeping track of things." I laughed nervously.

"Well, never mind that, dear. Come take your place next to Ms. Fernwood." He gestured to an empty spot next to a tall, incredibly sweet girl with brown braids and copper eyes. Her name was Elizabeth Fernwood, but she preferred to be called Liza. We exchanged smiles as I placed my satchel gently on the table and listened to Professor Slughorn explain how the Oculus Potion wasn't just used to help the user regain eyesight, but also offered counteractive relief to the Conjunctivitis Curse. Then he told us the page number of the potion and we got to work with our partners.

Liza and I turned up our burner and she placed her cauldron on top. As she used her own book to sort and prepare the ingredients, I read the instructions:

1. Shake and add wormwood until the potion turns green.
    2. Stir the potion until it turns purple.
    3. Add the ground unicorn horn until the potion turns red.
    4. Allow the potion to heat until it turns yellow.
    5. Add crystallized water until the potion turns turquoise.
    6. Shake and add the wormwood until the potion turns pink.
    7. Stir until the potion turns orange.
    8. Add stewed mandrake until the potion turns green.
    9. Add the ground unicorn horn until it turns turquoise.
    10. Add the crystallized water until it turns indigo.
    11. Stir until the potion turns orange.
    12. Heat until the potion turns purple.
    13. Shake and add the stewed mandrake until the potion turns orange. 

We agreed to split the instructions in half. After she finished up to 7, I would take over. Whoever wasn't working would stir and read over the instructions. I loved watching the potion change different colors as it frothed and bubbled.

The time came for me take over and I added the stewed mandrake to the amber-orange liquid. It turned a lime-green and I sprinkled in the ground unicorn horn, turning it a lovely turquoise. I poured in the crystallized water which spread to give the potion an indigo hue like the night sky. Stirring, I watched it change to bright orange, then I turned up the heat and it darkened to an eggplant-purple. I finished the last ingredient and the potion turned to a warm, burnt-orange color. We called the Professor over and he was extremely pleased with the results. Then he told us we could go around and help those who hadn't finished yet. It made me feel all warm an bubbly inside, like our Oculus Potion.

After class, Professor Slughorn pulled me aside after I slung my bag over my shoulder and said goodbye to Liza. I braced myself for another lecture on the importance of attending class and arriving on time, but when he began speaking once everyone was out of the room and the door was closed, I was surprised. He brought me to his desk and sat down, staring at me thoughtfully.

"Charlotte, you have a great amount of potential," he said. "Many students do, but for a fourth year, I am truly impressed."

"Thank you, sir," I said graciously, my face beaming.

"That is why I would like to give you this." He reached into his desk and pulled out a dusty, brown book with shiny gold lettering and designs. He handed it to me, but before I could look at the title he said, "It is a very important book. If in the wrong hands, it could cause dreadful danger to the school. Only show it to those few you can truly trust. I have faith in you."

I looked at the cover and read the title, "Dumbledore's Army." What surprised me the most was the author, "H. Potter".

Wide-eyed, I said, "Professor, is this-"

"The famed Mr. Harry Potter?" he finished for me, nodding afterwards. "Indeed it is. This was a gift from him. I did teach him his sixth year at Hogwarts, you know. Brilliant boy." He looked up at the enchanted clock on the wall, squinting, and surprise filled his face. "Merlin's beard, look at the time! Well then, Ms. Barnes, I should leave you to go to your next class. Transfiguration, is it? Don't want to be late for that. Headmistress McGonagall is not forgiving in the slightest."

"I have a half-hour break, then yes, I have her. Thank ye for this, Professor." Then I turned on my heels. I was almost out the door when Slughorn called my name. I turned.

"If you have any questions at all about the book, don't ever hesitate to ask. You may find it hard to understand." His eyes twinkled.

I smiled, nodded, and raced up to my dormatory. My mind was filled with questions, but none had seemed to be able to escape my mouth during the moment. I gently slid the book underneath my belongings and took my robe off. Then I grabbed my Moontrimmer broomstick that was leaning against the wall, pulled my red hair into a ponytail and raced down to the Quidditch pitch. I was glad to see Sigmund and Roxanne flying together. Then someone else caught my eye: a small girl with blond pigtails was sitting cross-legged on the grass, watching the players above, a halfway eaten croissant sandwich in her lap. I approached her and sat. She looked at me, grinning.

"Hey, Sue!" I greeted.

"Hi, Charlie!"

"Why aren't ya eatin' in the Great Hall with the other students?"

"I like watching Quidditch," she replied simply. Then she saw my trusty broom. Her eyes widened with wonder. "May I?" 

I handed it to her and she admired the glossy, dark brown wood and slick bristles, running her fingers along it admiringly. "It's lovely!" 

"Aw, it's nothin' much." Then an idea creeped into my mind. "Have ye ever flown before, lass?" She shook her head. I went to the bucket of brooms and pulled out the best looking Shooting Star there was. Then I returned to Sue and handed her my Moontrimmer. She quickly finished her sandwich and mounted the broom. I could almost she her quivering with excitement. 

"Now when I say go, kick off with your back legs and we'll go up. Ready?" She nodded and I mounted the Shooting Star. "Steady? Aaaaand- GO!" We both shot up into the sky. Behind me I heard Sue's adorable giggle. We raced around the pitch, tossing a piece of crumbled paper back and forth. She was surprisingly fast and her reflexes were remarkable. I only had to remind her a few times to keep her legs and hands relaxed or to plan her turns earlier. Otherwise, she was a natural. 

The fierce wind was tossing dirt angrily into our face, eyes, and nose, but we continued until I looked at my watch and saw that I had five minutes before class. Unfortunately, while I was noting the time, Sue threw our makeshift ball at me and it fell limply to the ground. 

"You got me, Sue!" I said cheerfully. "Hey, we have to land. I have Transfiguration." We got our brooms on the ground and Sue handed me mine after I put the school's back in the barrel. Then we hugged. 

"Thanks for letting me fly with you, Charlie!" she chirped. 

"No problem, lassie!" I replied as we began walking. "You would make an excellent Beater! Even a Chaser would suit you!" 

Her cheeks filled with color. "Thanks! Do you play?" 

"Yup!  Seeker since second year." She gawked at me and I shrugged. "It's nothing, really. Now, I gotta get goin', but meet me in the Common Room at 5 sharp. Quidditch tryouts are tonight and you should try for Hufflepuff Beater. You're fantastic!" 

She gave her head a little bow. "Thank you so much! I'll see you after school!" Then she ran off. She was such a Hufflepuff.

I smiled and raced back to my dormitory to put on my robe again, lean my broom against the wall, and grab my satchel, switching out my Potions textbook and notebook with my ones for Transfiguration. Then I grabbed my wand and put it in there as well. I had forgotten I still had my Hippogriff quill behind my ear. Looking at my watch, I sprinted to McGonagall's classroom, arriving in the nick of time. 

Today we were transforming spoons and forks into sporks. It was hard already, but it was even moreso due to my distracted brain. All I wanted to do was read the book Slughorn gave me. The closest I got to succeeding was making a double-sided utensil- one end had a spoon bowl and the other had the four prongs of a fork. After class, I immediately packed up and left to grab my supplies for double-Herbology with Gryffindor. As I walked out, I turned to see McGonagall giving me a puzzled look. She knew I was always distracted, but apparently I had been far more than usual today. I quickly hid my face, feeling heat rising into my cheeks. 
<><><>
I sat silently, staring at the book in my hands. I breathed deeply through my nose and tried to open it for about the millionth time, but it refused to budge. I sat back in my chair and groaned, exasperated. My eyes stared up at the wooden ceiling of the library as I sat deep in one of the corners in the section labeled "History of Early Wizards". No one ever came back here except for the occasional Ravenclaw looking for some extra reading, but they were too enveloped in their searching to notice my struggling. However, a small, raven-haired first-year reading a back cover dropped her book when I sat forward and caused the chair to creak. She looked at me, gave me a small smile, and picked up her book, continuing to read it as if nothing out of the ordinary had happened. 

I looked at my watch and saw that it was 5:20. I slapped a hand to my forehead. I was late. Again. 

Hiding the book under my robes, I ran as fast as my legs could carry me to the Hufflepuff Common Room. I knelt by the barrels and located the correct one. Then I pulled out my wand and tapped it in rhythm of the password. (I'm not telling you what it is!) The barrel swung open and I crawled in where I saw Sue pacing nervously by the fire, biting her nails. She was already wearing a Quidditch uniform. Marie was sitting on a pillow, trying to calm her down, but the young girl wouldn't listen. Then she saw me and her face lit up like a lantern. She grappled me in a massive hug and I hugged back with one arm, the other holding my book behind the folds of my robes. 

"I am so sorry, love," I said guiltily. "Let me grab my broom and then we can go."

She nodded, looking quite relieved and I left. I quickly flung my robe off, tucking the book back in my suitcase. I remembered my quill this time, which was a miracle. Then I grabbed my broom and returned to Sue, thanked Marie for her help on keeping her somewhat sane, and we left. Madam Hooch called all the players to the center of the field just as I was handing the girl my Moontrimmer. She looked at me with terror in her eyes. 

"What if I mess up?" she asked. She sounded so vulnerable.

I put both hands on her shoulders and looked her straight in the eyes. I said two words. "You won't." 

She beamed and I winked. A voice rang out, calling her name. It was Aura. She ran to her little sister and squeezed her. 

"I'm so proud of you, Sue!" she gushed. "You're going to do so well!" 

The little girl grinned. "Thanks, Aura!" 

"Last call before tryouts begin," Madam Hooch yelled. 

"I have to go!" said Sue, her ears turning red. "Bye! Wish me luck! I love you, Aura. And thank you, Charlie!" As she walked off, Aura and I yelled encouraging words and pointers to her as she went. Sue joined the circle of players; she looked so dreadfully tiny amongst them. 

Aura whimpered a little and I put a hand on her shoulder. "She'll be okay," I reassured. "I practiced with her today. She's amazing." Aura smiled. 

The players began after Hooch released the Quaffle in the air. They were all so fast, I couldn't see Sue until they dispersed into the different corners of the pitch. She was just as fast, I soon realized. All she was was a blur of yellow and black robes with blonde hair. She was doing fantastic because of of her small size; not many people could catch her and her interferes were fantastic. Once the tryouts ended and Madam Hooch spoke with them for a moment, Sue came sprinting toward us, her hair plastered to her face with sweat. Her face was the picture of pure euphoria. I let Aura hug her first. 

"You were amazing, Sue! Unlike any other first year this school has ever seen!" Aura was over-joyed, by the looks of it, and her little sister was blushing madly from the compliments, thanking the two of us repeatedly. Then she hugged me. 

"Unbelievable, lassie!" I praised. Her face turned from tomato to beet, grinning bashfully. "Admit it, you are going to be the best Quidditch player Hufflepuff has ever seen!" 
<><><> 
I watched as Sue laughed and talked with the other Hufflepuffs, gripping her mug of butterbeer in both hands. She still had her Quidditch uniform on and her cheeks were flushed and her ears were pink. It was amazing to see her coming out of her shell. Not only that, I was touched by how generous Marie had been by gathering Kendra, Aura, and a few other helpers to throw this party for Sue and the other players. Roxy, Merida, and Sigmund were busy trying out. Black and yellow streamers and balloons decorated the room, along with enchanted badger statues that would stand up on their hind legs and growl, or little wizard figurines that would mount their broomstick and zoom around the room before going back to their platform. The portrait of Helga Hufflepuff above the fireplace was being very sociable, chatting with the students and laughing. There were long tables absolutely filled with wizard treats and beverages. It was incredibly impressive. Usually, I was the life of the party, but the book hidden amongst my belongings had my mouth glued shut. Plus, I just liked watching for the moment.

Soon my curiosity gave way and I went to get the book, holding it so no one could see the cover. To make it less unusual, I grabbed my Divination notebook and stuck my quill behind me ear, sliding a bottle of black ink into my pocket. Once back amidst the party, I patted Sue on the back and told her I had homework to catch up on. I once again complimented her on her flying, to which she graciously thanked me, then I went to the library. I decided to switch spots just in case someone was spying on me, which I doubted, but it was still possible. I sat in the Divination section and grabbed a few books in case anyone asked what I was doing. 

After looking around to see if anyone was around, I pulled out my wand and whispered, "Alohomora," but like the last thirty times, nothing happened. I gave an angry huff of air and slouched over, my hand on my cheek. Then I heard a few voices that made me perk up. I recognized Aura and Sigmund, but there was another male one I didn't recognize. What the unfamiliar boy said made my heart skip a beat. 

"I was wondering if you wanted to go the Forbidden Forest with us? Trust me, you got us to take the hit for you if we get caught." 

My blood boiled and my ears grew hot. I clutched my books to my chest and stood, storming out from my safe-place. The kids sitting there looked at me in surprise. 

"Charlotte?" Aura asked. "Why aren't you at the party?" 

"Divination," I seethed. "That's not what's important. What's important is following the rules, and I'm not goin' teh let ye go the Forbidden Forest because the dangers in there are far more than ye could ever imagine. Don't ye know that Harry Potter had a run-in with Voldemort, who was disguised as Professor Quirrel at the time and drinking the unicorn's blood so he could be immortal? And do ye know why Mr. Potter was there? It was his first-year at Hogwarts and he was just tryin' to help Hagrid release Norbert the Norwegian Ridgeback so that Ron Weasley's brother, Charlie could take him to Romania so he wouldn't burn the school down. Unfortunately they were caught in the act and reported to McGonagall, who gave them detention, along with-" I stopped mid-sentence. Frozen with a combination of fear, shock, passion, and bewilderment, I looked down at the book and then up at the students who were looking at me, utterly confused. 

"How do you know all that?" Aura breathed. "I'm a Ravenclaw and you gave more details than I've ever heard." 

"I have no idea," I replied. I blushed and grew very embarassed. "So, um, don't go to the Forbidden Forest, or um, you'll have teh..." I trailed off, not knowing what I was saying. "Sorry." Then I turned and hurried out of the library. I didn't look back until I reached the entrance of the Hufflepuff Common Room. How had I known all that? I studied the book carefully, sliding to the floor. Anticipation rushing through me, I tried one last time to open it. 

And it opened.

Wow. That is REALLY long. Hope you liked it! :D

• Posted at:

mickey. 

tomorrow. 

Front sm

cleverfairy102

That was great!

Question for Ghost(erm): Do you still want to go to the Forbidden Forest?

I'll try to put up a POV later! I'll probably do tryouts to when Sigmund askes Aura.

• Posted at:

Hello.

did you know... that... 

You're perfect,

smart,

beautiful,

doing the best you can,

Front sm

onyxwolf284

Thanks!

• Posted at:

mickey. 

tomorrow. 

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

Great pov. The time can't set 3 years after the battle of Hogwarts. My character won't exist. 

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

cleverfairy102

Dude, you didn't tell me. Do you still want them to go?

• Posted at:

Hello.

did you know... that... 

You're perfect,

smart,

beautiful,

doing the best you can,

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

Heck yeah, I wouldnt let a fourth year prevent me from going to the forbidden forest

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

onyxwolf284

Why wouldn't he exist? 

• Posted at:

mickey. 

tomorrow. 

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

Cause his dad fought in the battle of hog warts as a seventh year. That would make sigmunds  dad 4 years older then he is.

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

onyxwolf284

Got it. :) Then how many years?

• Posted at:

mickey. 

tomorrow. 

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

18. Sigmund has an older sister

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

onyxwolf284

Okay sounds good, but to keep it easy, we're still going to keep the original teachers. However, Herbology teacher is changed to Neville Longbottom, and I think Bill Weasley should teach DADA. What say you? :D

• Posted at:

mickey. 

tomorrow. 

1 , , 3 , ... 37 , 38 , 39