Front sm

ambersnow38

Branch: Janus

Monica: 

Not at all! My uncle (on my dad's side) wanted to have a cookout/get together type thingy. So we did that all day, and a good bit of the night. But people in Georgia seem to forget how to drive in the rain or on a holiday weekend. Soo, what should've been a hour drive took about two hours (both leaving home and going back). But then we got home and watched Guardians of The Galaxy again!

*Cries a little* 

Thanks! You too! Yes, indeed! And it's kind of freaking me out. >.<

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Reese

Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace.

#TeamBiancaandPetra

#IChooseHappy

家族

These wings are made to fly.

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

Branch: Ekaterina

@Monica and Reese

Sorry for not posting. The due date to turn in all of my coursework is next Wednesday and I'm rushing to finish all the work (like 30 lessons). Don't have time to reply to the previous messages now, but should soon.

See you later.

• Posted at:

Hazel

Respect IR

Remember Emerald

"See the world not as it is, but as it should be."

My Blog: /301450

Front sm

ambersnow38

Hazel:

No worries, mate! Just remember to take a break every now and then. Arrivederci!

• Posted at:

Reese

Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace.

#TeamBiancaandPetra

#IChooseHappy

家族

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Reese

Cool! 

Thanks! That's undertstandable. Is it more the idea of becoming an adult or graduating from high school (and your grades) that's freaking you out? 

@Hazel

That's okay and I understand! And ditto to what Reese said. I hope everything goes well. 

• Posted at:

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." ~ C.S. Lewis 

~Monica Cahill~                 1 John 4:10 

"Fantasy reveals what reality obscures."

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

ambersnow38

Monica:

I guess it's a bit of both. Especially looking over all of this college stuff. It's like slowly realizing that "Oh my gosh, in less that a year I will be an adult, on my own, doing things".  And it's terrifying! It's also very exciting! But very, very terrifying.

• Posted at:

Reese

#TeamBiancaandPetra

#IChooseHappy

家族

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Reese

I get you. I'm going to be 19 in July and it's still weird to think of myself as an adult, but it's all about little steps. Being responsible with what you have, learning. Sometimes you feel like you're never going to get anywhere, but with those little steps you will. 

• Posted at:

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." ~ C.S. Lewis 

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

ambersnow38

Monica:

Sorry for the late response! Got caught up writing some stuff for an RP. And speaking of RP's, remember the No Escape one?

Well, happy pre-birthday! And thank you for the advice! I'll do my best to keep that in mind.

• Posted at:

Reese

#TeamBiancaandPetra

#IChooseHappy

家族

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Reese

I just realized that I didn't address it in my last post but the late response is fine. 

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Reese

Ah the memories! I should go back and refresh my memory on it. I hardly remember my character. I still wonder what happened to Lynx. She was such a good writer, especially with writing poetry. There's a bunch of people who just left. Like Vicky, Jane, Emilie. There's so many. 

Thank you! You're welcome, I'm glad it was of help. 

What's the RP that you're doing about? 

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

Why were you banned? 

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

ambersnow38

Monica:

Aye, same here. Sometimes I can't help but wonder why they just kind of disappeared. But, I know things can happen. Hopefully everyone is still doing well!

:)

Well, it's actually on here. It's called A World of Stories Untold. And it's on it's 39th page so I'll see if I can find the summary later (cause a lot has happened!).

• Posted at:

Reese

#TeamBiancaandPetra

#IChooseHappy

家族

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Reese

I've wondered the same thing. Especially with Jane. I hope the same as well. 

Wowsers, congrats! I'll take a look at it.

I don't think I've ever told you this before but I want to thank you for being such a great friend. You're the one who has stuck around for the longest. The two people that I still considered my friends (We've never been super close or anything. A lot of people I just consider friendly acquaintances.) have both just shown me that they don't care and how they've treated is how most end up treating me. One is one of those people who can't answer a simple message right away and the other one really hurt me (it's more like their behavior on top of the fact that others have done basically the same) and ah anyway I don't want to make it about me. But thank you so much for being you. I love you a lot Reese, and I just wanted you to know that. *hugs*

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Reese

I meant to say, "the two people that I still considered my friends that I know face to face." 

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

@Monica and Reese

Hey guys! It's been forever. Sorry about spending so long offline, it's been a rush getting the credits in. All my history stuff is turned in, but I ended up needing more time for Chemistry. Thankfully, I got an extension until Wednesday and  should be able to turn that all in. How have you two been?

Have you two ever heard of Brooklyn 99? When I heard about how good it was after it got cancelled (then renewed by NBC), I was interested and checked it out. I was disappointed at the start, but after watching a few episodes, I was pleasantly surprised. The characters got better and it got more funny and I just finished season 5 today. If you do find yourselves interested in watching the show, the first 4 seasons are on DVD and the entire 5th season is on the Fox website as long as you give your TV provider.

It has its ups and downs, but overall, it's a very satisfying show. Jake (the immature lead detective) isn't like 95% of other times when a fun and not so serious guy is the lead of the show. He actually apologizes when he makes mistakes, tries to be better, and still apologizes for doing things the wrong way even if the bad guy is captured (whereas most other shows would be like "You caught this guy! Forget that you didn't follow the rules, you got the bad guy, so we'll compliment you, apologize to you, and you never apologize for not following protocol!''). And not just him, all the characters do wrong at some point or another and they apologize almost all of the time.

Also, the relationships aren't actually the central focus with everyone only dating people they met at work. They meet people outside of work, even marry them. We don't see the love interests often or hear much beyond a few conversations, it's mostly focused on the case.

All in all, 8.2 out of 10. Would recommend.

@Monica

If what I heard about of the last few episodes of Supergirl are correct, I've completely lost faith in the show. No idea if I'll be returning. It's just wrong if people with our age and lack of experience in writing can write better than professionals and really just makes me want to A: punch something and B: become the best screenwriter so people can see not all of us are as terrible as most of the CW writers. They make all us writers look bad.

I don't know much about the recent Thor related events. Have not seen Ragnarok yet.

Yeah, at least this time around, Fitz can get some help. I really hope we get to see more of Daisy and Fitz friendship in the next season. Maybe Fitz struggling with the Doctor being in his head while Daisy is having a hard time controlling her powers (cause of the power boost) and just sort of locking herself away from everyone so she doesn't hurt them (especially Fitz because while she knows that this wasn't the Fitz who hurt her, she still is sort of afraid of him and knows he is capable of doing it)? And the two eventually sitting down talking about traumas and how much they've changed?

I too wish there were more tears for future Fitz and Coulson. I mean, Coulson is the reason they're all there, he brought the team together. And while future Fitz hurt people and there's a Fitz in space that hasn't done some of the bad things he's done yet, it doesn't change the fact that future Fitz has been with them for years and was part of the team.

I honestly would like it if Coulson quietly passed away. After everything he's been through, he deserves a few peaceful final days and a death that isn't super violent. The only way of bringing him back that I would be satisfied with is if a major movie character was involved. Like, let's take Coulson to Wakanda and have Shuri fix him! She helped Ross, she can figure out some miracle for Coulson too. I would feel kind of let down if he was brought back in any other way.

To be honest, I'm kind of glad Robbie didn't appear this season. Time travel was already confusing enough before adding any Spirits of Vengeance.

I really hope this show becomes a classic after it's finished. Like Firefly. It had terrible ratings and kept moving around on the schedule, but over the years, it has become must see science fiction television. It's been on my list forever.

@Reese

It's been forever since my last message. Is your cousin out of the hospital yet? How is he?

I think Peter's goodbye got to people the most for several reasons.

1. He was so scared and the only one to get to say more than a word or two before he turned to dust.

2. Flashbacks to "I don't want to go" from Doctor Who (I haven't even seen Doctor Who yet, and I know that scene was heart crushing)

3. He's a kid. In that moment, you don't see Spider Man, you see a scared kid who doesn't want to go yet.

4. Amazing acting.

5. He was the last one (I think, I don't remember clearly) to turn to dust.

• Posted at:

Hazel

Respect IR

Remember Emerald

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Hazel

Hi Hazel! It's okay, I'm glad that everything went well! I've been doing okay. How are you? To asking how I've been I only really considered two people in real life my friends (like people who aren't related to me and choose to hang out with me) and one of them really hurt my feelings so my emotions were like a volcano about to erupt because the way they treated me is like how many end up treating me. I feel better now. I was more upset of why I always end up being treated that way instead of it relating to them. The other takes a while to answer my messages consistently (not always but most of the time, and they don't seem interested) so now I took that step inside of myself of no longer considering them my friends. It's been coming for about a year. We'll still be friendly though. I want to thank you for being such a great friend. Thank you for being yourself with me, and I hope you know I love you a lot. *hugs* 

I have heard of it and know things about it from Tumblr. I've been interested, but I read that some of the humor is deragatory. Is that true? What you've said makes it sound good. 

I guess it goes to show that age/life experience and being a professional don't affect (Or should it be effect? Hmmmm...) your writing the way you think it would. 

You'd be the best screenwriter. 

I didn't care for Ragnarok as much as I thought it would. It might actually be one of my least favorite Marvel movies. The best things about it were the character moments. I likes Valkyrie and Hela. 

YES I want to see that with Daisy afraid of this Fitz and him apologizing for that Fitz's behaviour. And a long conversation between the two. 

Shuri healing Coulson would be awesome. 

It's funny that you say that because I've thought that AOS will be more popular/a classic once it ends. I hope we're right. 

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

ambersnow38

Monica:

*Nods*

Thanks! A word of warning: My writing in the beginning is not the best...... But it gets better! Maybe. Hopefully. I don't know. It's fun though!

Aww! Love you too! *Hugs* Literally, I was thinking the other day about how grateful I am to have had the chance to met such amazing people on the MB. And how grateful I am to still be friends with you, Timothy, Hazel, Javi, Taylor and the list goes on. A lot of people tend to look at me crazy when I say, "Some of my best mates are on the internet!". And, yes, I know that's a horrible explanation but it's not entirely inaccurate? I've even had one person say, "These aren't real people. You need to go out and make some real friends." But I've had more positive interactions, more meaningful conversations with you guys here than with most "friends" I've ever had. So for that, I say thank you.

• Posted at:

Reese

#TeamBiancaandPetra

#IChooseHappy

家族

Front sm

ambersnow38

Hazel:

Well, first off. *Tackle hugs* Welcome back!! It's alright! And yay!!! I'm glad things are going well! Best of luck with the Chemistry!!

I've been good. Trying to plan out my driving scheduele, college applications, Father's day and about a million other things. I've also taken an interest in D&D (and my siblings think I'm even more of a nerd now >.

• Posted at:

Reese

#TeamBiancaandPetra

#IChooseHappy

家族

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Reese

Hehe, I'm sure it's good! And having fun is what really counts. 

We're not real?? O_O *X-Files music*  "But I've had more positive interactions, more meaningful conversations with you guys here than with most "friends" I've ever had." < Me too. 

Even though I didn't see the finale of the Flash did you find out who the mysterious girl is? I did. 

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

ambersnow38

That it is! Though, I think ten-year-old me would disagree...

I know, right?! But, the truth is out there. Somewhere...... Aw!

Yep! I was kind of excited! But then they said her name was Nora and I'm just trying to figure out why. I can understand that the people in charge can name a character whatever they'd like. But now it's like, "Is Nora Dawn Allen with a different name? Or is she a completely new character?"

• Posted at:

Reese

#TeamBiancaandPetra

#IChooseHappy

家族

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Reese

Were you a perfectionist as a kid? I was more back then than compared to now. Especially 10-12 year old me. 

I think she is actually twins. For we see a really bubbly version of her, than a more serious one in the cafe. Either something big happened (which we find out it did but the personality change was still odd at the time) or she is twins. I saw someone post that. Also it would be really cool as Barry and Iris have twins in the comics right? I remember something about twins. So Nora might be Dawn with a different name. Or her middle name is Dawn

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

ambersnow38

Monica:

I don't really know. Like, I know I would always try to do things the best I could (or how they were supposed to be done). But I don't think I tried to be perfect. I may have, though! I know that right now, I try to avoid the whole perfection thing because it's just a lot of unnecessary stress! >.<

Hmmm......That does make sense. And they did actually have twins in the comics. If that's the case, though, I'm surprised they would go with girl twins instead of Don and Dawn (Like the comics). But hey! It's all up to the writers at this point!

You know, I like the Flash and all. But I think after this upcoming season, they should just call it quits. Like the storyline with Savitar was great! The plot twists, action, the thing between Caitlin and Julian. Yeah, it was a bit slow in the beginning. But it ended up being fantastic! This season with Devoe was, for lack of a better word, dull.

Yeah, Ralph was a pretty good new character. And the whole wedding thing between Barry and Iris was nice. And knowing 'Nora' was there was kind of cool. But everything else was just......Meh. Maybe that's just me. I don't know. What'd you think?

• Posted at:

Reese

#TeamBiancaandPetra

#IChooseHappy

家族

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

@Reese and Monica

School is over! Now, all that's left is summer school. Mine starts next week.

I'm really stressing over college stuff. We're travelling soon to visit all of the colleges I might go to, but I can't get many of the campus tours set up and it's really frustrating me. Not to mention, every time I put a ton of work into my plan for one thing or another (I'm talking 5 page documents with addresses, distances, times, charts, and more), my dad says "oh, you didn't think about _____. I told you about this a long time ago, why didn't you accommodate for it?" when he in fact never told me about that one fact that entirely changes the plan and makes all the work I did useless. He's done it like three times in the last week, and I'm getting really frustrated with him. And he then just acts like he did nothing wrong and I'm being unreasonable. I'm a really good listener, and I put a lot of detail into thinking out stuff for the trip. If he mentioned any of the things he thought he did, I would have remembered. It's like a fact in the household. If you need someone to remember something important, you tell me.

Sorry, I just really needed to rant.

@Monica

It sounds like it hasn't been the best year in the friends department. I'm sorry to hear you aren't friends with those two people anymore. 

Thank you for your kind words and I want to thank you in turn for being a great friend. You and Reese and Zemi (who I talk to off the MB) are pretty much the only friends I have, real life or online. Unless you count my (former, she just retired) high school advisor, though I don't know if that counts since she basically adopted our whole family. Still, it's really great to get to talk with you all and I love you guys so much.

I think some of the humor can be derogatory at times (especially involving Charles), but it's nowhere near as bad as a lot of other comedies. I probably would recommend only showing it to people who are teenagers and older though.

How much did you not like Ragnarok? Did you dislike it more than the first two Thor movies? Because I didn't like either one of those.

I think the Agents of SHIELD fandom will be a lot bigger by the time season six starts. Like I mentioned before, lots of people have mentioned beginning it or having it on their watchlist during season five. This year break at least gives a lot of them time to catch up and (hopefully) watch live with the rest of us once it's back.

@Reese

*hugs back* Chemistry went well. I managed to get an A in the class (it was so close to a B, but I got it). Now, it's time for US History semester two. I really don't like summer school.

Ah, it sounds like you have a lot of things to do. How are you enjoying Dungeons and Dragons? Is it complicated? Video games always have me confused. Wait, is it a video game or a board game? I don't know much about game in general.

• Posted at:

Hazel

Respect IR

Remember Emerald

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Reese

I avoid the whole perfection thing as well (except for my violin, but I know there will always be mistakes) but try to do my very best. 

Maybe it's for the surprise of the one person being two. 

I predict there will probably be at the most three more seasons. My favorite season was probably s3 because that's when I got really into the characters, especially Julian and Caitlin. But I don't think I'll be tuning into this next season. It's just eh for me now. 

I agree about Nora being at the Westallen wedding. And I liked the crossover. Everything just got too ridiculous when Barry was let out of prison. Especially how he got out. So how did the DeVoe storyline end? 

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Hazel

Yay! *throws confetti* 

Aw I'm sorry. : / 

I have to say the fact that you're chasing your dream is really admirable. I wish I had your drive and organization. But that's all on me. I hope everything goes well with what you're doing! From summer school to college planning and all involved with it.

I'm still talking with them. But I don't really want to hang out with them anymore just because I know I'm the "I'm only friends with you because" friend.

^_^ *hugs* Your old school advisor sounds awesome.

I don't know how I feel about the other Thor movies. There were definitely things I liked about them, but then they are some of my least favorite MCU movies compared to others. As for Ragnarok there was enough good things about it, but it didn't have enough of an emotional impact. It was too light. 

I've seen more attention to AOS this season was well. But then I wasn't involved super involved into the fandom until s3 and even then not much. It wasn't until maybe the second half of season 4 that I was more involved. I feel like the fandom has less drama than others. But I'm probably wrong.

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

@Monica

I hope all this college stuff goes well too. I think the real problem will be getting into any of my top choices. I mean, UCLA (University of California, Los Angeles) is a potential option, but I crossed it off my list once I realized that the bottom 25% of those who were admitted had an unweighted 4.29 GPA. I've got somewhere around a 3.7, so no chance. Plus, I don't have extracurriculars to put on my transcript to look cool. I'm really worried about the chance that I'll be accepted into any of the other ones.

I really wish more colleges had screenwriting degrees (for television, not film). I only found like 10 here in California, so I'm applying to all of them and hoping for the best. And I'm actually one of the best states for this career, some have less than 5 schools with the degree. So, more stress to do better.

Ah, I know that friend. I was that friend in middle school. I was best friends with this amazing girl (my first crush, though I didn't realize that until after we had grown apart) and she let me sit with her friends at lunch. They were great and we had some fun times, but at the end of the day, I was the one alone because everyone else was a year or two above me. And I didn't really talk to any of them again. Those were some of the worst months of my life. With that, stress about grades, stress with family, and this bully who kept giving me a hard time in science, I was having a lot of bad thoughts. Thankfully, that is a long way in the past.

My advisor is the best! She always comes up with new ways for me to complete my English assignments, she listens and gives her own opinion when we talk about stuff, she always tells me that I'm capable of doing anything I set my mind to, and we talk about comic book stuff all the time. Like, it's a running joke between us that I give her homework to watch Agents of SHIELD (it started with me recommending her to watch it as part of this assignment we were putting together, but now it's just her bringing it up every time I mention the show to her because she knows at the end of my rant/review, I'll tell her that she just has to catch up to see what's happening). She should be watching season one now.

So, worse than the first two Thor movies?

I wasn't really involved with fandom stuff until season three, and actually posting stuff until season five, but I learn a lot through comment sections and old posts. So basically, the fandom was really bad in season one with how it started. People complained a lot about the show and eventually left by the end of the season. Then it was mostly quiet until Ward's death in 3x10, where some people who only watched for Ward (basically Stand With Ward fans) left, saying that Ward's story was tragic and no one understood him and he deserved better. It was kind of shaky for the rest of season three until the finale, when the majority of the rest of Stand With Ward fans left.

Season four was one of the worst times thanks to Ghost Rider. There were so many Ghost Rider fanboys who only wanted to see him and none of the other characters. It was just a mess. Even after 4A, there were always a few annoying fans who kept commenting stuff like "when will Ghost Rider be back already? The show is boring without him" and stuff like that. Aside from that though, it was quiet until the finale, when he came back to leave again and some of those Ghost Rider not Agents of SHIELD fans (finally) left for good.

Wait, I forgot Agents of HYDRA. A bunch of Ward fans returned and for the most part, they actually seemed alright with how his story ended. They liked that the show admitted that if someone else found him, he could have been a better man and that there was the potential to be good in him all along. Of course, some fans wanted him to become whatever Aida became after she got a body, but that notion was quickly silenced with the fact that Ghost Rider had to kill her because of what she was (and, you know, all the bad stuff she did).

Season five, the fandom was already a lot more active and growing. With Dove Cameron (who is apparently a huge deal on social media) showed up, a lot of her fans did. Thankfully, most of them seemed to appreciate the show, even the scenes that Dove wasn't in (unlike a lot of Ghost Rider fans, I'm still very annoyed at them). The fandom was growing super fast and when that happens, it gets toxic.

Once the team kind of split after 5x14, the fandom was at its worst, with people shouting hate to one side (most of them at Daisy's) or at the stupidity of the show for doing what Arrow was doing this season (Arrow's New Team Arrow vs Old Team Arrow arc was terrible) or at how bad the writing seemed to be in comparison to the other seasons (much more predicable writing and time travel always makes things more complicated). The fact that it was taking so long for ABC to make a choice to renew it only made things more tense. After the team came back together and the show got renewed, it got somewhat better, but it will probably never be as peaceful as it used to be before season five.

All in all, the Agents of SHIELD fandom is not as bad as some others (*cough* Supergirl *cough*), but it's not as peaceful as a lot of people believe it to be.

• Posted at:

Hazel

Respect IR

Remember Emerald

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Hazel

Sometimes what college you go to doesn't matter. I'm not sure what happens in the screenwriting world but people have made it in show business without degrees. Not that I'm saying you shouldn't go. But your career doesn't end if you don't get accepted to a certain college. At least that's what I've seen and believe. But I hope you get into a college of your choice. Just don't let it stress you out because that will only make things worse. 

I'm so sorry Hazel. I was that person (still am, but less) who would get really attached to people I didn't know very well. They were always nice and all, but then every time they lost interest. There's this quote from a book called When Marnie Was There and the first time I read it I reread this one line over and over, and it said something along the lines of: "They just lost interest, quite politely." That's one of those quotes I've connected with strongly. I'm glad that you're not going through that now. Those people didn't deserve you. 

Haha that's awesome!

I feel like I can't compare them because of how different they are. But taking the positives of all of them and comparing them Ragnarok is better. All the Thor movies feel like they're missing something. 

If Ward wasn't good looking, or young, or of European descent I have a feeling he wouldn't have so many people on his side who defend his every action. 

*sighs* People.... I'm pleasantly surprised that it seems most of Dove's fans were so great. I never saw any toxicity from them but that doesn't mean it didn't happen, so it's nice to read that. Not that I have anything against her, but when a big name actor joins something for a time their fans can start bugging regular fans because they think their fave isn't getting enough attention. Thanks for explaining all of that! 

Sometimes I go on the Supergirl section of Tumblr to see what is happening. It's insane. 

I just looked up Supergirl to see if they made Lena evil and I see that *spoilers* Winn will no longer be a series regular. Also Mon-El is gone for good. Jeremy's talents suit him to be in something where he's not just a side character. He will be in the next season though.

@Hazel and Reese

Just to let you guys know there's this poll happening where you can vote for your favorite books from a list of the top ones (they explain how they chose them but I'm not remembering) and you can vote for them on PBS. It's called The Great American Read. The book with the most votes will be declared America's favorite book. It's also a good selection list. Because of it I was reminded to read And Then There Were None (which I finished yesterday) and A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, which I started. Also others, but those two were the most important to me. You can vote for a bunch everyday. 

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

@Monica

I know there's ways to get into the business without degrees, I just think it'd be easier to figure stuff out with the guidance that comes from classes. And my parents are big on college, I'm getting to a Masters before they want me to stop. I kind of get it for engineering (the field my dad is in and my brother will go in, my mom was a statistics major), but for arts? I honestly thought Bachelors would be enough. Also, I'm pretty sure I'm one of the first in my family to not go into a STEM field. Actually, might be the first. I'm not entirely sure.

That quote definitely speaks to my life. I swear, whenever I have a friend in real life, we either grow apart (mostly on their side because I try to keep in contact, but they don't talk to me anymore) or they move away. Or I move. My best friends in first grade? Gone because I moved. My two best friends in fifth grade? Both moved away and to different places. Most of the rest of my friends were guys and they just kind of stopped talking to me once middle school started. My best friends in middle school? Went to high school and I was one/two years younger, so I got left behind. A friend I had that was around my age after that? Stopped replying to my emails. My high school advisor? Retired and moved across the state to take care of her mom. We talk on the phone now (once a week). It's not the same.

It's literally happened every single time. I have no real life friends who I talk to in person anymore. I'm just in my house, crossing a bunch of movies and shows off my watch list.

Yeah, the Thor movies are definitely missing something. They're my least favorite Marvel movie franchise.

Exactly! If Ward didn't look good, I don't think that most people would care. 

Dove's fans mostly seemed super happy that she got a chance to show her acting outside of Disney in what was a recurring role for comic book show on a major network. It was like a dream for the actress. She regularly sent tweets about how long the days were, but how much she loved the cast. I think those helped endear fans of Dove to the rest of the cast and, in extension, their characters. A lot of the Dove Cameron fans seemed very friendly. I mean, they wanted her to have more screentime for sure, but they liked the scenes they had and didn't seem super angry when her character died, just sad it happened and wishing she could have been on longer.

I saw all the Supergirl stuff. I stopped watching, but I still catch up on the news. Glad Mon-El is gone for good, but did they really have to put the Karamel fans through all of that? I mean a wife, divorce, then they keep hinting it'll happen, an almost kiss, and the he leaves? It reminded me of what they did with the Kara/Lena fans. They keep adding scenes with romantic subtext (room full of flowers, catching her bridal style, the repeated parallels between their moments and Smallville Lois/Clark moments like the donuts) to pull in fans of the ship, only for nothing to happen. It seems to be a thing for this show. First, Kara/James. We may not have really liked it, but they built up to it for a season only to drop it right after. Then Kara/Lena and Kara/Mon-El. Writers, you need to think of a better way to keep fans than baiting shippers. Eventually, they'll be tired of it and leave.

Also, I heard Jeremy left because he got something on Broadway. Do not quote me on that though, I'm not certain. Oh, and Brainy is a series regular now. Not sure how that will work out.

I'm not sure if I'll vote on that list (I haven't read books not related to school for a very long time now), but I will still check it out for book recommendations.

• Posted at:

Hazel

Respect IR

Remember Emerald

Front sm

ambersnow38

Monica:

Cool! If you don't mind me asking, how is it playing/learning to play the violin?

Ack! No more surprises!! Though, I guess, technically speaking if that happens it wouldn't really be a surprise because we're discussing it? I don't know...

Hmmm..... That seems like something that could happen. I know Arrow just finished their 7th (?) season so it could happen. Yes! And we need to know where on Earth 1 did Julian disappear to?!? Ah, okay.

Most definitely. Oh, gosh! I don't recall specifically. But I'll say this much, it was very anti-climatic. Like Batman vs. Superman levels of anticlimatic.

Ooooh! I loved The Great American Read thing! There are so many books on there that I need to read! Specifically The Color Purple, Ready Player One (I really want to read this before seeing the movie) and the Alex Cross Mysteries. There's a lot of books on there that I've read too. I think my favorites are The Great Gatsby, The Da Vinci Code and The Outsiders (This is the second book that has ever made me cry. It is a really good one!).

• Posted at:

Reese

#TeamBiancaandPetra

#IChooseHappy

家族

Front sm

ambersnow38

Hazel:

*Tackle hugs* WOOHOOO!!!! THAT'S AWESOME!!! And aw! Well, the good thing about summer school is that you only have to do it once? I don't know. Trying to find a positive outlook for this.....

Wowsers! I know the feeling! I think things get better after doing all of the planning. And replanning. And back up planning. It kind of makes all of the visits worth it. Even if you decide that the college you visit isn't for you, at least you'll have been able to see/get to know it better it without having to deal with a million other things! You've got this!

Once again, AWESOME!!! Chemistry is just..... AAAAHHH!!! Not as bad as Physics, though. Maybe.

Yep! Thankfully we've got a few days of rest. I like it but, it's definitely complicated. And I haven't even scratched the surface in learning the game. So I just watch other people play it for now (usually it's pretty funny!) It's typically a board game - ish but sometimes people use online tools to play it. So it's kinda like a video game? But it's more like a rp with a set of rules and a storyline.  

• Posted at:

Reese

#TeamBiancaandPetra

#IChooseHappy

家族

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Reese

I don't mind at all! I haven't had lessons in over a year and a half and I'm thinking about starting again. I have to listen to other people play the songs I'm practicing to learn and compare more than when I had a teacher. But I don't do it the way I should. I'm still trying to master keeping a straight bow. It's one of those instruments where I sound really good, and then others time it's not going very well. It's small steps. I'm at the moment playing Concerto in G Minor, 1st movement by Vivaldi. Also a Christian song called Lead Me To the Cross. And going over simple rhythm lessons and playing keys. 

Hmmmm lol. 

Joe said he was in England. I feel like it was family related but idk. It didn't make sense. I still miss him. 

That doesn't sound good, on top of the fact that it was forgettable. Do you remember what happened to Mrs. Devoe? 

I really need to read The Help, The Color Purple, Alice in Wonderland, A Prayer for Owen Meany, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, Frankenstein, The Pilgrim's Progress, and others haha. The only book on the list I can think of that made me cry was When the Red Fern Grows, it was the first one to. I was curious about The Outsiders but with your praise I'll add it to my list. The Great Gatsby was so beautifully written. 

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Hazel

For me it's always growing apart, and way more on their end. 

I have jokingly told me siblings that we've ascended (Stargate reference) beyond the maturity realm of people our age and that's why they treat us that way. That kind of sounds like I'm full of myself, but I am different from people my age and I feel older. It's more me who's experienced it, and my siblings have friends. 

I feel like I never told you that I wasn't expecting Ruby's mom to die so soon. I was expecting her to take hold of Talbot again.

I'm happy that he's gone too. Irma went back though right? I've read about the parallels between Kara x Lena and Clark x Lois.  What donut scene are you talking about? I saw that about Brainy. If they get him together with Kara it better be slow. I don't know what to think about that pairing. 

If I had to recommend books from the list I've read it would be Where the Red Fern Grows (the first book that made me cry), Anne of Green Gables, 1984 (it's more the ideas presented in the book that were compelling/chilling), The Book Thief, The Chronicles of Narnia, The Giver, The Great Gatsby, Jane Eyre (I haven't read it in so long but I remember liking it), Little Women (I've only read the version where they cut things out to make it less slow for young readers), Pride and Prejudice (it was good but by the time I finished it I wanted it to be over because it took my forever, and I knew the story by the movie, which was different). The Pilgrim's Progress (I've only heard an audio drama of it), To Kill a Mockingbird, and Wuthering Heights (The characters are horrible and it's really a story of the darkness of humanity. You'll never see moors the same way again). I'm also voting for The Little Prince because the movie was nice and LOTR. I saw the movies and read the first book. Also Charlotte's Web which I need to read but I liked the movie as a kid. 

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

That's odd, the order of my replies were switched. 

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

ambersnow38

Monica:

Huh, that's odd. Perhaps a glitch of some sort?

Ooooo! That sounds awesome!!!!

^_^

Ah, okay. And same here. 

Uh, well, I know she ended up betraying Devoe after learning his plans. Or relearning his plans. IDK. It was something along the lines of she would discover his plans and then Devoe would wipe her mind. 

Hahaha! I've never heard of The Help or Red Fern Grows. But they sounds interesting! Ooo! And Frankenstein was sooo good! I didn't really care for the ending that much. But I suppose it made sense, which, I guess, is what matters most. Cool! It was! I actually read it for a school assignment last year and it was one of my favorite things ever because I love reading works from the "Lost Generation".

• Posted at:

Reese

#TeamBiancaandPetra

#IChooseHappy

家族

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Reese

Probably.

I remember that. Did she ever go to jail? Did DeVoe die? 

I wasn't sure what the Lost Generation was til I looked it up. That does seem like an interesting topic. Are you talking about the characters or the author?

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

ambersnow38

Monica:

I don't think so? Maybe? I probably need to go back and watch the finale again....... But Devoe did die. Well, technically. The consciousness that he would transfer from person to person did (when they saved Ralph). But then there was something like he programmed his consciousness into his chair which then started some sequence which was supposed to erase everyone's minds of knowledge and I think they got rid of that one too. But I don't quite recall.

Hmmm..... I guess both? I thought it was interesting to see how the writers could take their experiences/realizations about the world and put them into the characters. And not just with the characters, but with environment too. 

I just remembered another great book! Well, from what I've heard (I got halfway through and had to take it back to the library) and read it's good. It's called The Hate U Give. And, there are very few words I can use to describe it.

• Posted at:

Reese

#TeamBiancaandPetra

#IChooseHappy

家族

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Reese

"But then there was something like he programmed his consciousness into his chair which then started some sequence which was supposed to erase everyone's minds of knowledge and I think they got rid of that one too. But I don't quite recall." That sounds so odd. 

That's some of the greatest things about writing. 

That's a book I've heard of and it's been on my mind this last week as I saw there's a movie coming out. Which words would you use  to describe it? I'll put it on my list. Did I ever tell you about Till We Have Faces (it's one of, or is my favorite novel)? 

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

@Monica

Same here.

I totally get what you mean. It makes making friends my age really hard. I end up relating to people like a year or two older than I am a lot more. Honestly, I think the whole thing started with my math class. There were these computer tests for math and english (and reading comprehension, but that was only to 5th grade) and I scored super high. Once my Pre-Algebra teacher heard my score, he gave me the option to just skip to Algebra I in 6th grade. It was me and four other kids at our school (though only two of us ended up in that specific class). I was sitting next to a 7th grader who had a book out on her desk, realized it was one I liked too, and we talked. The rest was history.

Honestly, I expected Ruby's mom to die before Ruby. She gave me that "secondary antagonist that'll be killed off fast" feeling whereas Ruby had the "potential big bad of the season with the way they're treating her character" feel.

Imra went back to the future too.

I'm talking about the scene in 2x12 when Kara brought donuts to Lena. There was also a parallel to the scene in 2x01 when Supergirl saves Lena in the helicopter to a scene in season 10 (I think) of Smallville when Clark saved Lois in a helicopter. Lena being kicked off the balcony in 2x15 and being saved by Kara bridal style is also a parellel to a scene in Man of Steel where Clark saves Lois after she's kicked off some sort of balcony (or ship? I don't really remember the details) bridal style. I also heard somewhere about that scene in 2x04 where Lena saves Kara (and everyone else at the party) with the field generator being paralleled to a scene in Smallville where Lois saved Clark at a party in a similar way. I think there are actually videos documenting their parallels.

And... now I realize when rereading your post you only asked about the donuts. I'll keep the other stuff though. It helps vent my frustration at the writers. Like, I knew it would never happen and I wouldn't be mad if Kara ended up with someone else, but was all this really necessary?

I'd by fine with Kara and Brainy as long as they take their time with it. We don't need Karamel 3.0 (I consider Lena/James the 2.0 version).

Thanks for the recommendations! I'll definitely put all of them on my list. 

@Reese

Technically not. Summer school can still happen to me next year, or even the year after that. I guess my positive outlook on it is that I've got a break next week?

Thanks. I really needed to hear that.

I actually like chemistry. A lot. Science and math are like my two best fields. It runs in the family. Pretty much everyone in our family is a math, engineering, or economics major. I'll be the first one in our family (for at least the last three generations) to be going into the arts field. I'm pretty nervous.

Ah. And how what kind of RP would we be talking about? Because honestly, aside from party RP's (which are mostly impromptu and don't ask for much), I have no idea how they work. Do people plan out what happens and how it happens? Is it like co-writing a book with a lot of other people?

• Posted at:

Hazel

Respect IR

Remember Emerald

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Hazel

Sometimes I just wish I was older than I actually am. I have this theory that all of the lives I've lived through books makes me feel, or gives me more life experiences than people my age. I need to stop making theories about my behavior. Or is that bad? Could it be a good exercise in self awareness? Hmmmm.......

I was thinking that Ruby had a better chance of living longer (or even killing her mom) and being a bigger baddie as well. But then that happened. 

Haha thanks for pointing those out as well. 

Didn't Katie herself say that she wasn't meaning for her acting to come off as romantic (or she didn't see it that way)? I remember reading that and thinking that it still seemed like baiting. But then is it just a really intimate friendship? But then if Lena was a guy it would definitely seem romantic in many ways. Are Lena and James still together?

You're welcome! 

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

ambersnow38

Monica:

*Facepalms* Yeah..... That was probably the worst explanation I've ever given for anything! So, I went back and found the wiki page for it and saw I had forgotten some things. So, Devoe had built a satellite that would amplify the dark matter (Like from the particle accelerator) that was in the environment. And, by doing that, he would make everyone "simple" which would make him the smartest person on the planet. And then everything else happened, except for the bit with his consciousness (which had been destroyed when they saved Ralph) and the chair. He pre-programmed a hologram in his chair to restart the satellite program just in case team Flash stopped him. *Sighs* The more I think about this, the more ridiculous this seems.

Indeed!

That's cool! Hmm..... I would have to say stirring, vivid, and relatable (not on a personal level but one that you can relate a lot of the elements to things that have happened).  No, I don't think you have. It sounds interesting, though! What's it about?

• Posted at:

Reese

#TeamBiancaandPetra

#IChooseHappy

家族

Front sm

ambersnow38

Hazel:

Ah, geez. Well, I feel kinda bad now. But a break is always good! 

^_^ You're welcome!

Cool! I'm more of a earth science type person. But I've always loved science and math! Wowsers! That is awesome! But, why're you nervous?

Hmmm...... It's kind of like co-writing a book with a lot of other people. But the thing is you have a group of people who kind of take on the role of a character (Normally one they create). Then you also have one character called the DM (Dungeon Master) who is like the narrator. The DM also, from what I've seen, is in charge of organizing a game/adventure, controlling the NPC's, setting up challenges and is in charge of guiding the storyline.

• Posted at:

Reese

#TeamBiancaandPetra

#IChooseHappy

家族