Front sm

ghostsurfer1

Branch: Tomas

United States of America, October 11 2015

Eliza Taylor looked at the TV screen playing yet another re-run of The Princes Bride. Suddenly her grandmother came up from the basement carrying tree thick binders. Eliza turned her head due to the commercial break and asked,

“Nana, what are those for?”

Eliza’s grandmother chuckled, “These? Well these are just some heritage diggings up about our family.”

Elza got off the couch and looked at the binders her Nana had set on the table.

“What type of heritage?”

“Oh you know, most are just wedding pictures and family reunions.”

Eliza was already looking through on of the binders with a leather cover.
“Who’s this?” she asked pointing to an old picture of what appeared to be a small family.

Nana smiled, “It happened in Africa,” she said with a dazed expression on her face. “The whole reason you and I are here today. A real love story, not with dragons and magic but with guns and gold. It all started on this day one-hundred and sixteen years ago...

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Ghostsurfer1 aka Ghostbrigadier1 aka Investigatecorpral1  

CoolSyrup

HEY, SMART THAT YOU WOULD HIGHLIGHT MY SIG. MY MB B-DAY IS MARCH 12.

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

Prolougue:

Colony of Natal, January 9th 1879

The fifteen year old Frederic Pearson looked out the open window of his room to the streets and people of Durban on the hot summer’s day (it’s in the southern hemisphere). Frederic turned to see his older brother, Dunsby, enter the room.

“Hey Dun.” Frederic said yawning trying not to show the anxiety within him. Dunsby put a hand on his shoulder and whispered into his ear,

“Sport, what seems to bother you? I know that look.”

Dunsby gave Frederic the look and Frederic couldn’t control himself any longer. He knew he was suppose to act his age yet the thought made him lose it; He lashed out whining breaking into tears.
“I don’t want you to go Dunsby! Why can’t you stay? Mother and I can’t imagine what those savage Zulu’s will do to you, I don’t want you to go!”

Dunsby sighed and shook his head, “Now now Frederic,” He said hugging his younger brother too calm him down,

“Those Zulu won’t lay a finger on me, don’t you worry. I have quite the weapon to defend myself.” Dunsby pulled out the Martini Henry Rifle. “One shot of this and it will rip their whole limb off. I’m well prepared and it’s only expected to take three months, maybe even sooner until I’m back. Besides I don’t leave for another two days.”

Frederic put a slight smile on his face then wiped his eyes with the knuckles of his hand.  The Martini-Henry rifle was the newest weapon out there from Great Britain. Dunsby had let Frederic shoot it once, It sure had a punch to it shooting up to 12 rounds per minute. Frederic looked up to his older brother, and he didn’t want anything to happen to him. Dunsby was 8 years older than his younger brother and was a father figure considering that their father died when Frederic was 3.

“Go out and play with the others boys on the street. Don’t worry about me, I’m more concerned about you burning up in here.”

Frederick smirked at his brother and went down the stairs to the street.

“Go get em’!” Dunsby shouted after them.

“You know it!” Frederick replied

Colony of Natal, January 26th 1879

Frederic hadn’t left the room for hours. Rumors spread that the British No.3 and No.2 columns had been defeated at Isandlwana; The same column that Dunsby is in. He sat there trying to clear his brain of all the negative thoughts. Suddenly his door opened showing his mom teary eyed, lip quivering, holding a letter in her hand. Frederick thought the worst looking at the letter. He felt sick. His mother extended her hand reaching out the letter for Frederic to grab. Frederic slowly snatched it, arms shaking and took a look. In fine cursive the letter wrote:

Dear Mrs. Pearson,

We hate to inform you that your son, Thomas “Dunsby” Pearson has given his life for the Royal Empire making the ultimate sacrifice.Part of the 90th Regiment of foot, we offer our great condolences for your son’s loss and may it be remembered that he died in honor for the empire. May your son ever rest in peace with the honor of Britain behind him.

Warmest Regards,

John Rous Merriott Chard

Frederick took one look up at the sky, eyes watering and screamed.

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

dragonpizza565

Branch: Ekaterina

Zeke, this is really good! Write more!

• Posted at:

THE WINSTON

Give it up, y'all!

Whew! I'm awesome!

The only way to eat the cake is to reach up and earn it. -Winston

Cahill, Greencloak, Hystorian, Tombquester, Special, and Horizoner.

#WeAreFamily

#WACKED!

When you are down, know you can only go up.

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

@Winston, Thanks. I do need some more boer characters though. That would help a lot

Name:

Backstory:

Loyalty: (Boer/British)

Personality:

Looks:

Other:

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

BTW, This is historical fiction but all the towns and battles and other stuff besides most of the characters are pretty much real. You can look these things up if you care to see what I'm talking about.

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

musicspy18

Branch: Janus

I might join! But I need to know something. What is th difference between Boer and British??

• Posted at:

jade.

Stay strong, my lovelies. "Never say Goodbye. Because saying goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting" So this is just I'll see you people later. Maybe in real life one day:)

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

@Jade, Good Question. Before I did a project on Africa colonization I had no idea too XD. British as we all know are settlers from Britan. Boers are Dutch settlers from the Netherlands. However, during the Napoleonic wars, Netherlands was defeated leaving the Dutch setters stranded without a Dutch kingdom ruling over them so they became technically independent calling themselves Boers. You can look it up if you'd like.

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

musicspy18

Name: Jade Harper

Backstory: Later....

Loyalty: British

Personality: Kind, loyal, rebellious, mischeifious, fun, caring, funny.

Looks: Brown hair that is waist lengh(She keeps it in a side braid) Brown eyes with an even darker briwn rim around it.

Other: Not right now....

• Posted at:

jade.

Stay strong, my lovelies. "Never say Goodbye. Because saying goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting" So this is just I'll see you people later. Maybe in real life one day:)

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

@Jade, Thanks for the form

British cape colony, September 17 1899

The Songbird came sailing in to the Pier. Col. Frederick Pearson, now 34 awaited his sixteen year old daughter to enter into her new home. Amanda Pearson, had been going through a rough time. Her father left back to British South Africa, leaving her and her mother rarely seeing her father. Occasionally he would visit them once every two years for a summer or so but that was it. To make matters worse, her mother recently passed away making her leave her home in Britain to come  to the Cape Colony. The bridge connecting the ship secured as three servants brought Amanda's luggage down. Amanda walked away from her window in her room chamber. She had grown very fond of seeing the ocean waves run their course. Often times they mesmerized her in a trail of thought. Amanda opened the door wearing an elegant gown and stared into the sunlight. She slowly turned her head to see her father, arms out ready for a warm embrace.

“Father!” she yelled. She trotted down the steps and hugged her father close to her. She hadn’t seen family in what seemed like ages.

“My gem Amanda, look how much you’ve grown. Your no little girl anymore.” said Frederic joking around as he kissed the top of his daughter's head. Amanda’s mossy brown hair, green eyes, and peach complexion mimicked her father's looks.

“Father, How far until we are at home?’ Amanda asked looking around at the sea around her.

“Only five minutes dear. We are here, in Simon’s Town that is.”

Amanda took a deep breath, this certainly wasn’t her cup of tea. It would take time getting used too.  They boarded a carriage that would take them to the estate. Frederic had become a very wealthy man. His military expertise in the Matabele war he had earned a special spot as colonel in the army. When they arrived at the estate a magnificent courtyard greeted them. Beyond there was the big estate in which his 12 servants also resided.

Amanda was greeted by an African woman who spoke in a thick accent, “Mholo, I be Tika, You want bags to room?”

“Um...no that’s ok. Thanks though Trika.”

Tika bowed and walked away. Amanda gazed at the beauty of the area.

“Father this is wonderful. It’s so peaceful out here rather than deep in the city.”

Frederic walked behind her, “I knew you would love it dear, you may go see your room if you’d like?”

Amanda paced through the hallway, “No, that’s ok. First I plan to cook a good meal.”

Frederic responded, “Amanda the chef Kaywo will get it for you if you would like?”

“No Dad, I’ll cook with him. You know mother would want to keep me cooking, It’s part of her.”

Frederic chuckled, yet he felt a deep pain inside about the loss of his wife that he wasn’t able to spend much time with. The plan was that he were to come back to Britain after his term ended. The thought tightened his chest though he kept his straight face and said, “Your Mother was the best cook, that’s for sure.”

With that she left for the kitchen.

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

angelpepper8

This is good.

• Posted at:

Hi, my name is Alejandro

Poseidon rules

Proud Grifinder

Help me out with my RP at /209691          

#PUTIRBACK

#AllLivesMatter

#LeaveYourMark

#WearYourCrownRight

Front sm

musicspy18

Good job!!

• Posted at:

jade.

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

I will try to get my next post up by tomorrow. I'm glad you guys like it.

@Jade, Is it ok if I make your character a Boer? I really need a Boer character.

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

Oranje-Vrystaat (Orange Free State), September 24, 1899

Benjamin Van Veen walked carry his rifle across the african plain. His scruffy blonde hair dripped sweat in the heat. The band of men that he had with him tiredly walked with him.

“Die hitte.” Gilbert moaned carrying the bushbuck on his and Fred’s back.

“Stop gekef!” yelled Aart, Benjamin’s father. The band of men saw their town of Edenburg miles up along with the heat waves rising from the ground.  Benjamin kept an eye out for any signs of the Brits. Tensions had been riding extremely close to what could soon become an all out war. He wanted to come back to their town and relax. After three days of being on the hunt only two game were gained. One of which they ate. He smelled of sweat and had a sunburn that stung him with every move he took. After twenty minutes of non-stop walking, they entered back to Edenburg. It wasn’t much really. Just a couple of shops, a marketplace and houses.  The housewives of the men came out to greet their husbands. Benjamin and his Pa, Aart just kept walking into the village that he called home.  Benjamin entered his little shack that he called home and shouted, “Hoi Ma en Pa!” He said hanging up his black leather hat and sweaty-dirt filled vestment he had on. One of Benjamin's little sisters, Anne hugged his leg then quickly ran bag plugging her nose of the smell.  Benjamin was the eldest of all of his seven siblings. He slept with his four brothers in a room while the girls slept in Ma and Pa’s room. His mother turned away from the bot of stew she was cooking up and looked at him,

“Was op, dan eet.” she said with a stern look at his father and Benjamin. Benjamin understood his mother’s plea for them  to shower up. When his Ma said something the rule was you better follow it.

After Benjamin and Pa washed in the river, they dressed back up into ruffed up suit coats and khaki loose pants of sorts and entered the dinner table. Everyone ate very slowly besides Benjamin. He finished up, washed off his bowl and asked to be excused. His ma nodded her head. Then he left out to the city. Benjamin never knew what he was going to do, but he and his father could sense war. A disaster for all the Boers’ families. Benjamin had encountered the Brits once hunting. If conflict ever came again, he would be sure not to miss his mark.

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

Is it good?

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

analyzingacrobatics725

aka DragonDragon804

This is so good 

If you liked the Jack character I can make Boer character for you :)

• Posted at:

ONE OF THE REMAINING MEMBERS OF THE UNOFFICIALLY DISBANDED WRITE OWLS

Just an asexual boi

I actually write and roleplay quite a lot.

emmanuel-pacings 

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

@AA725, that would be great!

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

analyzingacrobatics725

aka DragonDragon804

Name Aafke

Age 23

Back story after his family got stranded where they are now his family dyed on the farm of natural causes the only one left is his sister who he loves, he also mantains a good relationship with the Zulu tribe and will help them if battles arive.

Loyalty Boer

Personality dosnt talk much unless giving thanks or talking to family or people he knows well and will do anything for his sister.

Looks average size with blue eyes and blond hair 

Other none 

Also could Jack and this guy get in a fight in the war I would just really enjoy seeing my characters go at it :)

• Posted at:

Just an asexual boi

emmanuel-pacings 

Front sm

analyzingacrobatics725

aka DragonDragon804

And will you check out my t39c fan fiction its on the front page now

• Posted at:

Just an asexual boi

emmanuel-pacings 

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

Sure!

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

analyzingacrobatics725

aka DragonDragon804

If anyone reading this or just skimmed is or just scrolled to the bottom of the page, go back and read this because this is one of the best online stories I have ever read.

You keep writing Ghostsurfer 

• Posted at:

Just an asexual boi

emmanuel-pacings 

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

Mine will be submitted after I workout.

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

I guess I will have to make edits, My story didn't get through

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

Cape Colony, September 28, 1899

Amanda was in the town decided to run some errands with Tika in the city. She had about settled in her new environment pretty quickly. The market of Simon’s town was pretty calm at day-break. It was very early morning, calm and peaceful and the seaside looked clear blue in the harbour.

“It says we need Aloe vera and Black walnut for the remedy.”

Tika noded. People had little tents set up with their items of gold and food on their tables. When they approached an old African man with herbs hanging from hooks and scattered across the ground they knew they were in the right place.

Tika spoke in her Swahili tongue accent to the man, “We are looking for Aloe vera and black if you have any?”

The man nodded pulling out two jars.

“Two silvers.” He said in a thick accent. Tika payed him the money and grabbed the two jars. Amanda and Tika gracefully walked back towards the road that led up to the officials’ estates. Then a shriek caught their attention from behind as she turned to see a boy her age running down the street. A bulky man quickly tackled the boy making him spill all the coins he had inhabited in his hands. The man collected the coins and began to walk back towards the person who had been robbed of. Amanda turned to look at Tika but Tika was already walking up the road. She figured Tika was used to this behavior in the streets so she shouted,

“I’ll meet you up there in a second!” then regained her attention to the boy that was lying on the ground, bleeding.  She went up to him and took out a handkerchief wiping the blood off a cut on his forehead.

“Why’d you do that? You’re just making a fool out of yourself you know?”

The boy lifted his chin to get a good look at Amanda, then he moaned and brought his head back down to the cobblestone road.

“My family, I need the money for them because of the- well I would guess you would have known about the war so to be.”

Amanda lifted an eyebrow, “And what war would that be?” she asked putting the handkerchief away.

“Against the freaking boers. We know they’re a threat and they want our land just as much as we want theirs!”

Amanda was shocked to hear this. The boy got up, and looked at Amanda staight and the eye, “I’ll probably be the one to first see the shots fired. I’m heading towards the border in a week. Thanks anyway.” He said as he began to walk away.

Amanda piped in, “ Wait! Let me properly introduce myself, I’m Amanda Pearson, my father is Colonel Frederic Pearson.”

The boy turned around but didn’t extend his hand, “Jack, Jack Scott.” and with that the boy ran in the opposite way of Amanda heading into the bright mornings wind.

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

Cape Colony, September 28, 1899

Amanda was in the town decided to run some errands with Tika in the city. She had about settled in her new environment pretty quickly. The market of Simon’s town was pretty calm at day-break. It was very early morning, calm and peaceful and the seaside looked clear blue in the harbour.

“It says we need Aloe vera and Black walnut for the remedy.”

Tika noded. People had little tents set up with their items of gold and food on their tables. When they approached an old African man with herbs hanging from hooks and scattered across the ground they knew they were in the right place.

Tika spoke in her Swahili tongue accent to the man, “We are looking for Aloe vera and black if you have any?”

The man nodded pulling out two jars.

“Two silvers.” He said in a thick accent. Tika payed him the money and grabbed the two jars. Amanda and Tika gracefully walked back towards the road that led up to the officials’ estates. Then a shriek caught their attention from behind as she turned to see a boy her age running down the street. A bulky man quickly tackled the boy making him spill all the coins he had inhabited in his hands. The man collected the coins and began to walk back towards the person who had been robbed of. Amanda turned to look at Tika but Tika was already walking up the road. She figured Tika was used to this behavior in the streets so she shouted,

“I’ll meet you up there in a second!” then regained her attention to the boy that was lying on the ground, bleeding.  She went up to him and took out a handkerchief wiping the blood off a cut on his forehead.

“Why’d you do that? You’re just making a fool out of yourself you know?”

The boy lifted his chin to get a good look at Amanda, then he moaned and brought his head back down to the cobblestone road.

“My family, I need the money for them because of the- well I would guess you would have known about the war so to be.”

Amanda lifted an eyebrow, “And what war would that be?” she asked putting the handkerchief away.

“Against the boers! We know they’re a threat and they want our land just as much as we want theirs!”

Amanda was shocked to hear this. The boy got up, and looked at Amanda staight and the eye, “I’ll probably be the one to first see the shots fired. I’m heading towards the border in a week. Thanks anyway.” He said as he began to walk away.

Amanda piped in, “ Wait! Let me properly introduce myself, I’m Amanda Pearson, my father is Colonel Frederic Pearson.”

The boy turned around but didn’t extend his hand, “Jack, Jack Scott.” and with that the boy ran in the opposite way of Amanda heading into the bright mornings wind.

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

Sorry I posted it twice

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

Oranje-Vrystaat (Orange Free State), October 1, 1899

Benjamin heard the knock on his door. Benjamin took a break from churning the butter and got up opening the door. Halen, one of Pa’s friends daughter Aafje was at the door. She was the same height as Benjamin, looking him right in the eyes,

“My pa het my vertel je hulp nodig.” she said entering the room. She smiled at Benjamin’s younger sister.

“ Wel , ek doen nie.” He said grabbing the butter stick again. Aafje came to Benjamin’s house often. Most of the people were farmers in the town and her family depended on our grains to feed their animals. It was his Pa’s business despite the low pay.  Aafje looked at the rifle sitting on the table.

“  Benj, Jy gereed om dit te neem aan die Britse?”  she asked. Everyone knew what was to happen, war was sure to come. Paul Krueger was sure to declare war and Aart and  Benjamin would be recruited to join the war. Aafje looked sympathetically at Benjamin. The truth is she didn’t want any of the Van Veets to leave. Benjamin or Benj as she called him was set to marry Aafje at his 18th birthday. Aafje planned to be a nurse. She had some experience from her mother who too was a nurse.

“Ek is gereed.” said Benjamin getting up. He yawned and stretched, then he walked out the door leaving Aafje to sit down. Aafje didn’t bother to get up knowing that Benjamin wanted to be alone. When Benjamin left for the town he usually kept it to himself. Benjamin continued to walk back to the main drag. The town was a ranching town so the only shops really prioritized to farming well except for the post office. Benjamin however, was not heading to any shop. Most people thought he went to see the new Mauser rifles that were on display straight from germany, yet he walked straight past the store. Instead he walked to the small white church at the end of the block. It wasn’t much; Benjamin was a Dutch reformed christian as well as almost everyone else in the town.  He entered the church and entered into his family’s box pew. Benjamin didn’t sit to pray, he just thought. He went to the church 5 of the days of the week (including church day) so it was a custom of his to go here. The truth was he didn’t want to fight, he couldn’t imagine what it would be like hardly seeing his siblings. He didn’t want to encounter the gunshots and the bullets ringing past your ears.  For the first time the thought really got to him, and for a first time in a long time Benjamin started to cry. People that knew Benjamin would have said they had never seen him cry yet he couldn’t hold it in. He didn’t want to acknowledge the fact that the war would be soon inevitable. His father knew what was to happen too, and at what cost? Gold? Land? Livestock? Benjamin didn’t even know what the purpose of this conflict anyway. He wiped his eyes with the sleeve of his shirt. Then he heard the door open up, he didn’t bother to look. It was his father. He entered the small little pew box and but a hand on his son’s shoulder. He had saw Benjamin entering the church and knew what Benjamin must have been feeling. Benjamin leaned in and cried, he didn’t care how old he was; all he wanted was his dad next to him as the day drifted on.

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

analyzingacrobatics725

aka DragonDragon804

Yay its my character Jack I love it

• Posted at:

Just an asexual boi

emmanuel-pacings 

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

I won't be able to write until Saturday. I have a band trip.

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

Who's your favorite character so far?

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

mermaiddragon709

cool!

• Posted at:

"most people will never know anything beyond what they see with their own two eyes." -nightcrawler

X-men forever

gambit and rouge

nightcrawler and daytripper

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

Thank you, I will try to get the story up tommorow.

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

Cape Colony, October 10, 1899

Over the last week or so, Amanda had gone with Tika heading to the market often. Tika had also taught amanda basic greeting and asking for money in Swahili. She had seem to see Jack every now and then seeing help dock ships at the harbour. Meanwhile, Frederic was frantic. He had been in his office the last week writing in his office, his hands twitching. War was coming, Amanda knew. Her father tried to act like nothing was wrong, so Amanda played along knowing that her father would panic if he found out she was scared. Jack had told her all about it, the british with Chamberlain had set an ultimatum for equality in Transvaal, Kruger was destined to declare war at anytime. She decided to leave her father alone in the most part. Today she was walking back up the hill to her estate. She had been hanging out with Jack, looking at the ships going into the dock. Jack worked at the docking yard, Amanda had been there for a couple of hours so she told Jack that she needed to check on her father. As she entered the estate she closed the door quietly so her dad would not notice.  Unfortunately her father spoke, voice quivering,

“Amanda, would you come here dear?”

Amanda opened the double doors to her father’s office. Frederic shakingly took of his spectacles.

“Amanda, we have a problem. There is going to be-”

“War.” Amanda said softly, “I know.”

His father folded his hands and spoke in a calm voice, “How?”

“A friend told me about it. I was going to tell you but I realized how stressed you were.”

Silence coated the room. Amanda turned to leave but her father spoke again, “Amanda, I know this might be hard, but the reason I called you in was too say that I think it’s best if you get out of here.”

Amanda tilted her head at her father, “Ok?”

Her father stood up, walked to her, and put both hands on her shoulders looking her in the eyes.

“I mean leave Simon’s Town. With the war to happen any day now I can’t ensure your safety in my departure. I have sent a message of London to bring the Esmeralda to pick you up.”

Amanda bit her lip so hard it turned numb, nearly exploding in anger she responded calmly,voice shaking, “Father, I just got here two weeks ago. I just am starting to settle in, I like it here. I can’t go back to London, It will only remind me more of mother.”

Frederic sighed, “I know dear, that is exactly why I intend to send you to British Guiana. There I know you will be safe from harm’s way.”

Amanda took a deep breath nearly choking on her anger, “Father, I can’t go there! I don’t know a living soul over there yet alone I will get eaten alive by the bugs. It’s worse than here! We are nowhere near Transvaal and the Orange Free State! ”

“Your Uncle Lewis will be there. I can’t risk you getting hurt no matter how far away you are from battle.

Frederic walked away from Amanda and started to write composed, sitting down on his cushioned chair. Uncle Lewis really wasn’t Amanda’s uncle nor Frederic’s brother. He was a war cadet that Frederick had Befriended in the (first) Boer war. Amanda had only met him once, and never thought much about him. Frederic looked up and peeped.

“Oh I almost forgot, you will be leaving November 17.”

Amanda couldn’t hold it in anymore, her anger consumed her, “I hate it how you think I’m just a little pawn to you! I can take care of myself you know! Just because your brother Dunsby died to the Zulu doesn’t mean you should take it out on me. It’s his fault he got killed!”

It wasn’t until Amanda lashed out that she realized the words that had spurred out of her mouth.  Frederic looked at her and took the glass of water the lay in front of him. Another feeling of silence coated to room.

“Father, I didn’t mean -” Frederic smashed the water on the floor and yelled,

“Your Uncle Dunsby was my brother, MY BROTHER! You don’t give a D*** about your uncle! He died for you and I, you know! I was the one that had to hear the news, not you! You don’t know the h*** I have been through losing him and friends in the war. You're leaving, no excuses. Now get out!”

Amanda didn’t even bother to interrupt her father. She left tears streaming down her face.

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

analyzingacrobatics725

aka DragonDragon804

Its good but I noticed mistakes 

When someone is speaking you need to use commas not periods, I hope this helps.

• Posted at:

Just an asexual boi

emmanuel-pacings 

Front sm

sleepywaffle18

aka AbleSurviving5

Branch: Lucian

Bookmarked. XD

• Posted at:

faye                                                                                                      

i am water; soft enough to offer life; tough enough to drown it away 

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

I know about the mistakes; I was really tired and I didn't want to let you guys down.

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

analyzingacrobatics725

aka DragonDragon804

You didn't great job.

• Posted at:

Just an asexual boi

emmanuel-pacings 

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

I will try to get mine next chap up at least by tomorrow

~Zeke

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

Orange Free State, October 14, 1899

Benjamin looked at the rifle that had been handed to him. A Model 95 Mauser rifle, imported from Germany.  A ZARP ( Zuid-Afrikaansche Republiek Politie) in his green uniform spoke in a commanding tone.

“Dit geweer wat jy sien voordat jy is nie net 'n geweer . Dit is die derde been en is daarop gemik om oogheelkundig gebruik word . Verstaan ​​jy?”

Benjamin and some others boys nodded while most of the men were checking out the gun more intensely. Benjamin had been given a bandoleer of ammo slung across his shoulder. The other men around him were in their army outfits as well.  Paul Krueger of Transvaal along with Martinus Steyn of the Orange Free State had declared war two days ago and Benjamin and other men around him in his county had been called into a commando group. The men in his village and him had just arrived this morning and barely had enough time to scrunch up breakfast before being called for training. It wasn’t really training anyhow. They just explained how to use the rifle and some other basic tips in artillery. The Mauser was a magazine clip fed rifle and bolt operated rifle. Benjamin had got through loading the rifle and even taken a couple of shots until the man gave him a sharp look. The man then looked at the others,

“Ek moet gaan , sal jy elke stem vir jou leier . Ek wens jou die beste in 'n geveg .”

Benjamin watched the veldkornet/ field cornet board his horse and trot into the African terrain.  Benny liked the idea of having to vote for their leader. Yet most of the men in their unit were looking at each other with widened expressions on their face.

“Stem vir Jabir.” whispered Benjamin’s father into his ear. Jabir Bos was a farmer that their family got some of their materials for their gardening. Most of the men, Benjamin had seen around at church. The government had decided to split each group of men or commando city wise.  Every male age 16 to 60 was forced to fight. Seeing the guns before him only made the nightmare a reality...

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

ghostsurfer1

So, Jack might end up being bad if that is ok.

• Posted at:

CoolSyrup

Front sm

analyzingacrobatics725

aka DragonDragon804

Oh its fine 

• Posted at:

Just an asexual boi

emmanuel-pacings 

1 ,