Front sm

analyzingdragon340

Branch: Janus

Preview thingy:

The Basic Science:

A long time ago we discovered that the earth's insides had different layers. There was the crust, mantle, and core. Those were divided into even smaller layers. After a while you get to an area that we humans have almost no information about whatsoever. This is mostly the lower mantle and part of the upper mantle. We have never even gotten close to drilling a hole to the mantle. Until now...

A Life Changing Invention:

May is a Lab Rat. That is, her dad is a scientist working for a secret government lab. Sector 3, or S3 to be exact. There are 6 Sectors and each on devotes to another area of science. S3 is earth science. Geology, fossils, plants. May has grown up to be a science nerd. Most Lab Rats are. So when S3  and S4 team up to build a machine that might make a great leap in science, she volunteers for a ride. It turns out that S3 is looking for teens to test the machine...

It's Not Just Her:

Five Lab Rats from S3 and S4 are chosen to run the machine. Between them they have a vast range of science expertese. How far will they go? What will they discover? Will May get chosen for this extremely special task? And if she does, what happens if she blows it? What if she blows it and they all die?

Yeah, I know I said I was already writing a story but we were talking about the earth's layers in science class today and it made me start thinking and I came up with this and I just HAD to write it. What do y'all think?

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

COOKIE!

CROOK!

I believe in magic and I'm not afraid to say it

Choose Kindness

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives only one.

- George R. R. Martin

#Together

#Remeber

#PrayForPEACE

Front sm

analyzingdragon340

So yeah, this story (which is meant to be an adventure) is based on what I'm currently learning in science class XP

• Posted at:

COOKIE!

CROOK!

Choose Kindness

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives only one.

- George R. R. Martin

#Together

#Remeber

#PrayForPEACE

Front sm

analyzingdragon340

So what does everyone think?

• Posted at:

COOKIE!

CROOK!

Choose Kindness

- George R. R. Martin

#Together

#Remeber

#PrayForPEACE

Front sm

analyzingdragon340

Bump!

• Posted at:

COOKIE!

CROOK!

Choose Kindness

- George R. R. Martin

#Together

#Remeber

#PrayForPEACE

Front sm

analyzingdragon340

Can I please have some comments? Maybe feedback?

• Posted at:

COOKIE!

CROOK!

Choose Kindness

- George R. R. Martin

#Together

#Remeber

#PrayForPEACE

Front sm

analyzingdragon340

*sigh* does no one wanna hear my story? 

• Posted at:

COOKIE!

CROOK!

Choose Kindness

- George R. R. Martin

#Together

#Remeber

#PrayForPEACE

Front sm

analyzingdragon340

I'm just gonna do it!

Chapter 1: Me the Rat

I'm a Lab Rat. Simple as that. At least, that's what I'm called. That means that a parent of mine works for a secret government science facility. There are six of them. I live in Sector 3, or S3

• Posted at:

COOKIE!

CROOK!

Choose Kindness

- George R. R. Martin

#Together

#Remeber

#PrayForPEACE

Front sm

analyzingdragon340

I'm just gonna do it!

Chapter 1: Me the Rat

I'm a Lab Rat. Simple as that. At least, that's what I'm called. That means that a parent of mine works for a secret government science facility. There are six of them. I live in Sector 3, or S3 for short. Each Sector studies a different area of science. There's tech, space, mine is earth. Rocks, plants, fossils. My dad studies day after day. 

I walked down the hall to visit my friend Ben, who lives in my complex. I reached his door, number 675. I knocked three times, then waited. A few seconds later I heard,"WHO IS IT?!" I sighed,"Ben it's me!" he shouted back,"COMING!" The door swung open and Ben was standing in front of me. He had dark brown skin and darker brown hair that matched his eyes. "Hey May!" He said excitedly "I finally figured out where I found that fossil, it was on the fourth layer! Now I know how old it is! Maybe my mom'll let me run tests on it now!" I grinned,"Nice!" We walked into his room which was full of fossils he had found while helping out his mom; fish fossils, plant fossils, even egg fossils! His room was painted coffee brown and every spare inch of wall was covered in Geology posters and articles. Every spare inch of flat surface had a fossil on it. I sat in his computer chair and he sat on his chair, as we usually did. 

We talked about what we knew our parents were doing for a little while, discussed some things we had learned from them. Lab Rats were practically bred to be science geeks. It's in our blood. "So, what do you think this new top secret project they're working on is?" he asked me. "Not sure, but if it's as good as last time then we're in for a treat." he nodded,"I don't understand how they made it portable!" I shrugged,"I could have sworn I saw the S4 ambassador here the other day, maybe they're teaming up?" his eyes widened,"That would be so cool! Earth and tech working together? I can't wait!" I grinned then checked my watch "Oh! I have to go meet my dad, we're going out to dinner and I'm supposed to meet him at the apartment in two minutes!" He walked me out the front door. We exchanged good-byes and I headed for my apartment to meet my dad."

• Posted at:

COOKIE!

CROOK!

Choose Kindness

- George R. R. Martin

#Together

#Remeber

#PrayForPEACE

Front sm

analyzingdragon340

Sorry for the weird double post thingy. 

• Posted at:

COOKIE!

CROOK!

Choose Kindness

- George R. R. Martin

#Together

#Remeber

#PrayForPEACE

Front sm

agentclue77

Branch: Ekaterina

THIS IS BEAUTIFUL 

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Something to believe in for even a night

Front sm

agentclue77

Also, what grade are you in? Because I'm learning that in science class too.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

secretjade25

Branch: Lucian

Love it.  Nothing else needs to be said

• Posted at:

I'm Coi.

Hi.

Front sm

analyzingdragon340

@SJ25 thanks! :D

@AC77 thank you! Can't say what grade I'm in, bit I'm in middle school. 

• Posted at:

COOKIE!

CROOK!

Choose Kindness

- George R. R. Martin

#Together

#Remeber

#PrayForPEACE

Front sm

analyzingdragon340

I will post the next chapter either today or tomorrow. (NO SCHOOL TOMORROW 'CAUSE OF THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!)

• Posted at:

COOKIE!

CROOK!

Choose Kindness

- George R. R. Martin

#Together

#Remeber

#PrayForPEACE

Front sm

analyzingdragon340

Chapter 2: My Dad Wets His Pants

As I walked down the plain empty hall back to my place, I recited my vocab words and definitions in my head. Every week my dad teaches me on what he's working on and gives me vocab words to learn. It's just a fun little thing we do. He usually picks the words I didn't understand, then helps me make flashcards which I put in a special bin of mine. I only had one this week because my dad was mostly working on the secret operation. My word was:

Yardang: Sharp, irregularly-crested ridges carved by
wind and oriented parallel to wind.

My dad had been studying a small ridge of mountains in his spare times and he had called them yardangs. I hadn't understood and he had explained. Sure enough, it had become a vocab word.

I walked into my apartment. I got on my coat then sat on the couch and waited until my dad came. In a few minutes he came through the door."Sorry I'm a little late May!" he said "Once I'm started it's hard to stop! Ready to go?" I nodded. He put his bag on the table, grabbed his coat, and then he was ready. "C'mon kiddoe! Let's get some Chinese!" I licked my lips in anticipation. I loved the local Chinese place! We walked on the dirt road next to the real road and ten minutes later we were seated in the restarant. 

Me and my dad ate our food and talked. He told me some of the stuff he was working on but couldn't reveal to much. He was so animated that he accidentally spilled water on his pants! "Oops!" he said "It's all right, I've got two layers on. Seeing as I climb mountains and all." he excused himself and went to the bathroom. I sat and ate my food in silence until he came back to the table.

He sat down and said,"May, I'm not supposed to talk about what I'm working on, but seeing as it's almost done... Listen, this is all I can say. We've built a machine. And they're letting kids your age test it." his voice was lowered. I felt a jolt of excitement in my stomach, it was like I had learned top secret information, which I had. Then what he had said hit me. KIDS MY AGE? I could test this top secret machine of his?

That night I went to bed. I couldn't wait until they showed the machine to the whole Sector! I couldn't wait to see of they would let me try it.

• Posted at:

COOKIE!

CROOK!

Choose Kindness

- George R. R. Martin

#Together

#Remeber

#PrayForPEACE

Front sm

bookishsparrow17

Branch: Lucian

Niiiiiice. :)

• Posted at:

Mikaela aka Micky

Been cranking out posts since 12-17-14

still an emo

last grasp at what we had

Front sm

agentclue77

AWESOME! How old is May?

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

analyzingdragon340

Don't worry I'll get to that...

• Posted at:

COOKIE!

CROOK!

Choose Kindness

- George R. R. Martin

#Together

#Remeber

#PrayForPEACE

Front sm

analyzingdragon340

Chapter 3: I Watch Scientists Unveil a Submarine

The next day we were all called into the auditorium, a.k.a. the biggest room we had. It looked like a regular school auditorium. There was a large thing covered in a white cloth on the stage. It almost took up the whole thing and there was just barely room for all of the scientists to stand on it. I took a seat next to some friends. My dad gave a little wave from up on stage and I waved back. 

Soon the unveiling started. The scientists said some speeches that I barely paid attention to. Then, my dad came up and talked about what the machine would do. "This is a rather miraculous machine. I'm sure most people here know that there are three major layers of the earth; the mantle, the crust, and the core. Currently, we've never even dug down enough to reach the mantle. That's all about to change, with this:" the white cloth was pulled off to reveal....... a submarine? When I looked at it more closely though, I could see that it was not a sub at all, but a craft with a giant drill attached to the front. My dad continued,"Behold, Hades. We're going to use him to get to the core."

I sat there, wondering at the craziness of it all. I could go to the core? There must be some mistake! I was just a 14 year old girl! A man came up to the stage. "Now, on our first run we want to do something crazy and let the Lab Rats give it a try. So, we're excepting ten teens to try the craft. Come to the unused office on the third floor after this if you're interested."

With that, the unveiling was over and I had a chance to travel to the center of the earth.

• Posted at:

COOKIE!

CROOK!

Choose Kindness

- George R. R. Martin

#Together

#Remeber

#PrayForPEACE

Front sm

agentclue77

You have amazing writing talent.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

analyzingdragon340

Wow thanks! That's really nice of you!

• Posted at:

COOKIE!

CROOK!

Choose Kindness

- George R. R. Martin

#Together

#Remeber

#PrayForPEACE

Front sm

candyfantastic19

Your story is awesome, fantastic, excellent,great, wonderful and much more

• Posted at:

My Name Is Winter uwu

PROUSLYTHERIN            

ARMY

WIZONE

BLINK

ORBIT

AHGASE

MOOMOO

NCTZEN

ONCE

REVULUV

STAY

IKONIC

V.I.P

SONE

:)))))

Front sm

hatindigo6

I think when u grow up u should publish these books and become an author

• Posted at:

Don't look at someone and cry about it, Look at someone and make something happen

Diya 

Crystal 

Brooke 

Eva 

Fern

Cynthia

George 

"wear your crown right"

"DONT BE NEGATIVE!"

Front sm

agentclue77

You're welcome and I agree with Diya.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

analyzingdragon340

Thanks guys!

Also, Sarah, I've noticed you put true believer in your sig.

• Posted at:

COOKIE!

CROOK!

Choose Kindness

- George R. R. Martin

#Together

#Remeber

#PrayForPEACE

Front sm

silverdolphin218

aka AquaCat538

This story sounds fantastic- I've been reading it so far! Just a few little grammar mistakes here and there, but they don't detract from the story's overall flow at all. It's great! I'll be reading it as more comes along. ;)

~Misty~  

• Posted at:

~Misty~

~ProuIrish lass~

~CheerleaderVBatoTwirlers- BlazevillDays: /152620~

~MusiCaAcademy/131874~

~SummeanWinteOlympiTraining: /151627~

Front sm

agentclue77

Yes I did, thank you for pointing out that fandom. I am currently working on fandom names for your stories.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

analyzingdragon340

Chapter 4: I Audition to... Go Underground?

After a few days of bouncing up and down and foot tapping, it was finally time for qualification! I raced to the room they were being held in to find Ben already there. Grinning from ear to ear. "What's up?" he said. "Excited! You?" I said and he nodded. We stood there in silence waiting. We had submitted our names the other day so they were calling people through the door. I had been one of the last in line to put my name so I would probably be called later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I scratched my head, bored. Kids, kids, kids. All day. I looked over at Mich to see that he was calling the next name. Ugh, ANOTHER ONE! I was sick and tired of doing this qualification stuff. Sick and tired! "Hey, Joe, do you think that last kid could have been okay?" Mich asked me. "Nah, he didn't seem to understand what we were askin 'im." I said. Mich shrugged and called,"MAY GONST!"

A young girl, probably around fourteen entered the room. She was bouncing up and down and shaking with pure excitement. "Hey, your Edward's daughter, aren't you?" I asked. She nodded and started,"I'm May and I'm BEGGING you to let me on this ship. You know how amazing it would be if I were one of the first to make it down to the core? My dad would be so proud! Please!" I glanced over at Mich to see if he was filming, then I looked and her and asked the question,"Why do you think you should be allowed to go on the craft?" she thought for a moment then said seriously, her face blank,"I know every detail there is to know about the layers of the earth. Every little section, it's rooted to my head. I also know what information scientists want to find out about the deeper layers that have yet to be discovered. So,I know just the details that I should remember once I get deeper down." I nodded,"Thank you. You may leave now." she nodded and left silently.

A couple of hours later:

I flipped through the tapes again, watching those kids answer, then spoke,"Mich, are we sure these are the ones?" he nodded gravely,"THEY know what they're doing. Together they CAN run this thing." 

I played the tapes again, in order:

First came the S4 tapes:

"Hi, I'm Rodger." it cut to his answer "I can go into that craft and in less than ten minutes I'll know what every single button on that control panel does. Basically, I can steer the craft."

"I'm Amelia!" then her answer "I can read the sonar system. Make sure the ship or whatever doesn't go strait into a giant molten bolder. I can also read the infrared sensor."

"My name's Scot." his answer "I'm the one who can fix the ship if there's a problem. I also can handle the communication back to base and fix it if the signal stops working."

Then came S3's:

"Hey, um... I'm, uh... I'm Will." his answer "I'm good at conducting tests on rocks. You know, to find information about them? That's what I'm good at."

"I'm Ben, it's great to meet you!" his answer "I can date things, see how old they are. I also know my fair share about fossils. I mean, what if we find prehistoric bones or somehting? I'm your guy!"

Then, finally:

"I'm May and I'm BEGGING you to let me on the ship!'' then her answer "I know every detail there is to know about the layers of the earth. Every little section, it's rooted to my head. I also know what information scientists want to find out about the deeper layers that have yet to be discovered. So,I know just the details that I should remember once I get deeper down."

Mich looked at me,"So it's settled then?" I nodded,"That's them."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to my dad shaking me. "Dad! it's even earlier then you USUALLY wake me up, and that's at four thirty IN THE MORNING!" I yelled after a quick glance at my clock. "I know" he said breathlessly "But I HAD to tell you something!" I looked at him for a second the asked,"What?" curiouse. He grinned,"The mission to the core! The craft! You're in!"

• Posted at:

COOKIE!

CROOK!

Choose Kindness

- George R. R. Martin

#Together

#Remeber

#PrayForPEACE

Front sm

agentclue77

A-MAZ-ING!!!

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

analyzingdragon340

Thanks it means a lot! You have know idea how long that took me to write!

• Posted at:

COOKIE!

CROOK!

Choose Kindness

- George R. R. Martin

#Together

#Remeber

#PrayForPEACE

Front sm

agentclue77

You're welcome! And have you seen the movie "The Core"? It's also about people who go down to the center of the earth. I think you'd like it.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

analyzingdragon340

Hm... No I'll have to check it out

• Posted at:

COOKIE!

CROOK!

Choose Kindness

- George R. R. Martin

#Together

#Remeber

#PrayForPEACE

Front sm

analyzingdragon340

Chapter 5: De Boxer Briefing

My dad handed me the letter that he was carrying. I noticed that it was a printed eMail. I started to read it but got confused,"Um, it says that I'm to go to the conference room for a DE BOXER BRIEFING at 3 o'clock." I was puzzled. Boxer Briefing? My dad let loose a big booming laugh and said,"Honey, it says debriefing!" he continued to laugh. I reread it and realized he was right. I rubbed my eyes,"I must still be sleepy." he just continued on laughing. "Do you know who else got in?" I asked, wondering if Ben was going. He shook his head,"Sorry kiddoe, they didn't tell me."

The rest of the day I spent waiting for 3 o'clock. Finally the time came to go. I jogged up the stairs a mile a minute, eager to see who else would be joining me on Hades. I walked in to see that everyone else was already there, even the kids from S4. The two men from evaluation were there too. "Sit."one of the men said and pointed towards an empty chair. I sat silently. "Unfortunatly we only found six people that we thought would be able to operate the craft. So, why don't we all go and say each others names? And how old you are." said the other man "I'm Mich and this" he indicated the man sitting next to him "is Paul."

I stared at the next kid. He had short light brown hair and piercing blue eyes that seemed to analyze everything they set their gaze on. He spoke,"I'm Scot." his voice sounded like it had just started to drop "I'm thirteen." The next girl had a friendly smile on her round freckled face. She had dirty blond hair that was a bit shorter than shoulder length and was the tiniest bit overwieght. "Hey guys, I'm Amelia! I'm fourteen!" she looked around at the rest of us, flashing that cute little smile of her's. The next boy seemed more serious. He had circular glasses and jet black hair. His head always seemed to be cocked, as if he was questioning everything. "Hello. I'm Rodger. I am currently sixteen, BUT I will be turning seventeen in three days time." So, he was the responsible adult I guessed. I looked at the next kid and realized that it was Ben. I grinned and caught his eye. He smiled back and said,"Hi everyone, I'm Ben! I'm fourteen too!" he grinned. The next boy had spiky blond hair and hazel eyes. He stared at the floor. "Hey, uh, I'm Will. I'm eleven." he seemed kind of socially awkward.

"Great!" Paul clapped his hands "We all know each other. Let's get down to buisness. You were all chosen to operate Hades. The launch is going to be in a week so we can train you and get to the launch location." I nodded and asked a question,"Will we be launching in the ocean since oceanic crust is thinner than continental crust?" Mich nodded,"Yes, we are. We're going to deploy where we've been trying to dig to mantle. The hole is pretty deep and should give you a head start." I nodded and noticed that Rodger was taking notes on his iPad. The man talked longer but I didn't pay attention. He was just talking about things I would surely learn later on. So, most of the kids here are around my age, Will is a bit younger, and Rodger is older. Cool. I hope they're nice, since I'd be spending who knows how long with them.

• Posted at:

COOKIE!

CROOK!

Choose Kindness

- George R. R. Martin

#Together

#Remeber

#PrayForPEACE

Front sm

agentclue77

My conversation with my little brother when I showed him this story (BTW he's 12. He's learning about layers of the Earth too. His name is Jason): 

Jason: Is this a book?

Me: No.

Jason: Is this person an author?

Me: No.

Jason: Why?

Me: I don't know.

Jason: Well this person should publish this story because I think it is going to be one of those super popular books like The Hunger Games.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

softballkitten12

Branch: Tomas

This is really good!!!!

• Posted at:

I am Reyna 

This too shall pass”

Since April 17 2014

Front sm

analyzingdragon340

Tell your brother I say thanks :)

• Posted at:

COOKIE!

CROOK!

Choose Kindness

- George R. R. Martin

#Together

#Remeber

#PrayForPEACE

Front sm

agentclue77

I will and have you seen 'The Core' yet?

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

agentclue77

Also, what does May look like?

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Keep39Alive

#Greyromantic

#Asexual

Front sm

analyzingdragon340

Great question, I should probably answer that in the next chapter XD

• Posted at:

COOKIE!

CROOK!

Choose Kindness

- George R. R. Martin

#Together

#Remeber

#PrayForPEACE

Front sm

agentclue77

bump!

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind