Front sm

midnightdragon211

aka AgentUnlocking93

Branch: Lucian

Edan PoV

"I PAAAAAAAASED!" I shouted in excitement. "With a B!"

"B+" Sage smiled.

"A" Tea and Azure smirked as they revealed their grades to us.

"A+" Rose smiled as she showed us a perfect score.

"So I got the smallest grade? Did you guys study behind my back?" I narrowed my eyes at them suspiciously, feeling a bit betrayed.

"No. We actually studied." Azure answered lowering her eyebrows.

"Spare me your lies. You girls probably did a secret studying group and didn't tell me about it." I assumed instantly.

"Right...Once you're done with all the conspiracy theories, we can continue talking again." She said.

"Fine, I'll stop." I looked away a bit ashamed.

"Well, to be honest, I did study on my own." Camilla walked up to us with a perfect score as well. "Group studying is a loss of time, because you have fun instead of actually studying."

"I knew it!" I pointed at her, reassured.

"Well, anyway, what now?" Tea asked. "We have month off right? How will you all spend it?"

"I'll go back and stay with my grandpa." Sage announced. "So I won't be around the academy."

"I'll go on a training trip with a friend from here." Camilla looked away. Was she really ashamed to admit something like that?

"I'll stay." Tea said.

"Me too." Rose added.

"Me three!" I said.

"I'll stay too." Azure said.

"Well, I'm not here to judge, so...Later!" Camilla said and left.

After saying goodbye, Sage left as well. We were probably going to meet again after a month.

Right now, my top priority was to get stronger. Strong enough to be able to win in the FSC. And there was only one person who could train me enough.

"You're leaving!?" I asked in surprise of learning these news.

"Yeah. I'm going to see my grandpa. Sorry, I cannot be of help." Sarila gave me a smile of grief.

"It's fine. I just don't know how I will get good training without proper guidance." I told her.

"Listen, every semester break some clubs stay open, including the Martial Arts and Weapon Fighting clubs. I heard they're welcoming new instructors. Why not check it out?" Sarila said as she finished packing. "Again sorry. I'll see you when I return."

"OK. Have a great month." I smiled and after a short goodbye I went to bed.

Hopefully, these clubs will be interesting.

"Edan, if they don't treat us any free cheese-cake I will kill you." Azure mentioned as she stood right next to me.

Along with me and Azure, there were two more members in the club meeting.

Tea and Rose had turned me down on my offer to come with me to the club meeting. Azure would had probably done the same, had I not brought up the free cheese-cake slice at the end of the meeting. Of course, it was all just a lie I came up with, to make her come, since I didn't want to be alone.

"O-of course there's free cheese-cake. I would never deceive you." Drops of sweat started running down my cheek in my unease. "In any case, I wonder who our instructor is going to be."

Right then, we heard some really loud footsteps which made the floor to tremble. We were expecting some kind of monster to come through the door, but instead, the wall smashed into pieces and once the smoke cleared, a large muscular figure appeared. Enormous in both height and muscle.

All of us had a shocked and surprised look in our faces as we were unable to move.

It was a woman with the body of a bodybuilder. She had blond hair in ponytails dressed like a ballerina for some reason. She also had brown eyes.

"Oooookay." Azure spoke after a long moment of silence. "I will be taking my leave now."

Azure tried to walk out but the instructor grabbed her by the her shirt and raised her up like she was picking up a flower.

"What the- Put me down!" Azure lashed out in rage.

"Nobody is permitted to leave unless the meeting is over." She said. Normally, I would be intimidated but her voice was a total soprano, making it tough to take her seriously. "Now sit back and let me introduce myself."

The woman let Azure down and she unwillingly joined the rest of us.

"My name is Cream Cherryberry. I'm 14 years old, third year student of the academy and a master Martial Artist." The woman introduced herself, even though by her discription, she was younger than me. And yet she seemed older and vastly experienced. Plus intimidating enough to make me obey her every command...And also have nightmares. "One of the most important factors that could decide a fight, is Soul Power." Cream started. "Before learning Martial Arts you should learn how to increase it. Without enough Soul Power you will lose after a few measly hits."

"How do we increase it?" I asked.

"I was getting to that. The first thing to do is activate it." She said.

"Activate it? How?" Azure raised an eyebrow.

"Like THIS!" She said and her body started to glow with an intense wave of energy around her body.

"What the!?" One of the other students was taken aback along with all of us.

"Th-this is the kind of energy I felt when we met those criminals." I heard Azure whisper.

"This is Soul Power. It's most commonly known as Aura, though there are a few differences." Cream explained. "Soul Power is something all the Branded have the moment they awaken their Soul Beast. However, it is inactive and only used to prevent serious injuries. An active Soul Power will allow you to sustain large amounts of damage, increase your power, and grant you the ability to understand another's feelings."

"What does that mean?" Azure asked.

"Once you activate Soul Power it will be a lot easier for you but if I make my feelings strong enough..." Cream said and after she focused a bit, the mood in the room grew a lot more dangerous, it felt like the whole place became darker, and I had a constant fear for my life while all my instincts screamed to ran away from Cream as soon as possible because she wanted to kill me.

Cream opened her eyes and exhaled and the atmosphere turned back to normal. "Through my Soul Power I expressed deadly intent, but you only felt it because, I have strong Soul Power and I made my intent strong enough."

"Wow." My eyes grew wide in amazement.

"I know right?" She smiled at the compliment.

"Tell us how to activate it!" I pleaded with a bow.

"Heh, heh, in order to do it, you must follow my every command and intense training. Otherwise, you will never make it." Cream smiled.

"Question! If we activate our Soul Power, will we become as...Tall as you?" Azure asked.

"Insecure about your height, are you?" Cream grinned.

"That's not it." Azure yelled in annoyance.

"Sorry, but now. The only reason to get these muscles and height will be through intense and daily training." Cream said. "I'm sorry."

"I SAID, THAT'S NOT IT!" Azure argued again but it was pointless.

"In any case, for now I want you to focus on releasing the Soul Power in your hands. We'll move to the rest of the body once you master that. When you're good enough, we'll go to Brawl Mountain." Cream said and we then started training.

"Brawl Mountain?" Tea raised an eyebrow at the sound of that.

"It's an easy to climb mountain which has excellent places to fight, so, every year, they hold a competition between various Branded people where they fight in order to reach the top. The winner gets a lot of money and a rare magical item." Rose instantly explained.

"Magical item?" I asked.

"Items capable of extraordinary capabilities. There are Natural Magic Items, found in the outside world by Explorers who have managed to return, and Artificial Magic Items, which use Advanced Program Relocation in order to have the ability to wield exceptional powers." Rose explained once more, without taking her eyes off the book she was reading.

"Advanced Program Relocation?" Azure asked.

"Computer Programs which, through Advanced Program Relocation Crystals, or APR Crystals for short, are transferred into items in order to allow them to perform in set conditions and actions." Rose explained once more but continued on, since we stared at her blankly. "Those bells you bought for Azure..."

At that, Azure's eye twitched for a number of times. "C-C-Carry on."

"They are Artificial Magic Items. They have an APR Crystal attached to them which has Conditions and Actions. The Condition is a rule that has been placed on the item which has to be followed before it can be used. For the bells, the Condition is for someone to put them on. The Action is their ability to ring whenever someone moves." Rose kept on explaining. "These programs are created on normal computers after intense studying and are transferred through a natural resource, the APR Crystals which are excavated in mines."

"Wow, science is incredible!" I admitted.

"In any case, these crystals are so common, you can find Artificial Magic Items in a store in your neighborhood for reasonable prices." Rose continued. "Natural Magic Items, on the other hand, are super rare and sometimes dangerous and can only be found in underground auctions and black markets."

"Amazing. But anyway, will you guys join us on our training or not?" I asked.

"Hmf, fine, seeing as you are, this instructor must be really something." Tea said.

"What do you mean?" I asked until I realized I was on bed unable to move for some reason.

"You and Azure came out of the classroom and passed out instantly. The two of us found you and moved you to your rooms." Tea replied.

"I remember that much, but why can I not move? We all just stood there and tried to activate Soul Power around our hands." I complained.

"We asked your goril-ahem, instructor and she said that Soul Power training is exhausting and it will take all day to get back to your feet. She also said that, after you manage to maintain your Soul Power active around your whole body for an hour without passing out, only then you'll have a capable Soul Power. Once you manage that, you will move on to actual martial arts." Rose said.

"How is Azure?" I asked.

"She's still mad about that cheese-cake joke you made." Tea answered. "But in any case, you still have to rest. Miss Cherryberry said that she will hunt down all absentees and punch an honest excuse out of them."

With that warning the two of them left my room and I instantly fell asleep from exhaustion.

Tomorrow it would be another tiring day.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Quote of January:

"I try not to procrastinate but chilling is too much fun."

-MBer

-Keyblade Wielder

-Pokemon Trainer

-Reader and Gamer

-Anime fan

-Animator to become

~AngelTheWeirdStranger

Front sm

whirlwindangel50

I'll take that as a no?

• Posted at:

ALVERA

Proud Slytherin, Cabin of Apollo, Maze Runner, Sister of a Brotherband, and much more

Front sm

midnightdragon211

aka AgentUnlocking93

No, to what?

I'm sorry for being a bit forgetful but did I did something wrong?

• Posted at:

Quote of January:

-MBer

-Keyblade Wielder

-Pokemon Trainer

-Reader and Gamer

-Anime fan

-Animator to become

~AngelTheWeirdStranger

Front sm

whirlwindangel50

Azure

I twitched my eye as I sat on the corner of my bed. Training was absolutely exhaustion, though it was slightly easier than the normal training that we received from the academy. When we get back to the academy, Edan owns me a slice of cheesecake... what flavor should I get? Cheesecake was my favorite dessert when I was growing up, but after The Night I was hardly able to get a hold of any pieces. My fingers drifted over my Brand... though I was extremely reluctant... Well, here it goes. I have nothing better to do.

" Zephyr, can I ask you a question," I asked as the bird appeared. He flew in the air for a few seconds and then he rested on the floor. 

" Depends on what you want to ask me." You have got to be serious... I took a deep breath.

" Can you remember anything about Aura's," I questioned. " Today I went through training and I learned a little about it. I know you said that you don't remember anything before being summoned... but is there anything at all?" Zephyr stopped for a moment. He picked at his feathers for a little bit, and as the silence passed I wondered if he had even heard me. " Did you-"

" Yes, I heard your question," Zephyr replied, rather snappy-like." And to answer it no not really... why?" I jumped from the edge of my bed. Pacing did help me, but only this time it made me more nervous... then again every time I think about what happened I get chills up my spin.

" If I can recall, Soul Power can be used to understand people's feelings... right?"

" I...I...I know that. It can also make you stronger." I nodded my head. Despite the fact that our teacher was... unique, she was an excellent teacher... probably better than any of the teachers back at the Academy.

I muttered," I don't want people to know my feelings." Zephyr leaned his head to the side and flew up to the bed. He sat down next to me. Zephyr in his smaller form was about two feet tall, though in his true form... the day I summoned him, he could easily stand at least six feet, though he was probably taller than that. He stared up at me, and I could tell that he looked sincere... or if he was faking it, he was doing a marvelous job.

" Well, why not?"

" First of all, it's none of their business to know what I am feeling," I snapped. Then I gazed out of the window. As the sun was setting, dark clouds dotted the sky. It's going to rain soon. I can always tell, rain no matter how big the storm or how small the drizzle... it, it just connects to me. I don't know why, I mean I should be scared of it... I have always been. Probably my weird powers... i don't know. Maybe there is a weather-type ability, because I remember reading quite a few books on environment but not the weather specifically-

" Yet... is there anything that you are not telling me," Zephyr asked. He gave me this odd glare that was creppy. It was sickening... though it didn't feel to far off. Wait... is this... is this the same ability that the teacher used and so did the villains? I thought only the Branded humans were the only ones who can have Soul Power. Is this something else then? Well... maybe it won't hurt...

" It's... it's because I don't want people to know my past okay," I admitted.

Zephyr continued to stare," What do you mean? What exactly happened?" He began to spread his wings apart, and he began to make himself look larger than he actually was. " I need to know."

" No... why are you acting like this?" Zephyr put his wings down to his side.

" Maybe something in your past is blocking your true power," Zephyr noted. I...I don't think so. How would my feelings block my power... no way. He stepped back for a moment. " You can't keep going on in life and not tell a single person... at least tell me-"

" NO."

Zephyr flared up," YOU HAVE TOO!"

" WELL YOU CAN'T MAKE ME," I yelled. Zephyr immediately jumped down from the bed and light surround him. I was blinded by the bright light, and even though my vision was blurry I could hear something scratch along the cieling. Zephyr... he, he went into his real form didn't he... As the light faded, the tall thunder-bird was looking down at me with the same stern expression in his eyes. " I said no, and I mean it."

" Well if you don't tell anyone now, you're going to regret it," Zephyr noted. He moved his body so his head wasn't in such an awkward position. " Besides, your brother-"

" HOW IN THE WORLD," I shouted. " I NEVER TOLD ANYONE!"

Zephyr answered calmly." Look, I just figured out that you have a brother okay... I don't know anything beyond that." I walked towards the door.

" And you won't." I slammed the door shut and I went outside. The cool crisp air felt wonderful at the end of the long day.

* * * * * ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ * * * * * ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Zephyr returned not too long after I went outside. I stayed near the building, crouching/sitting down between two dumpsters. To a person of a decent height and build it would have been impossible to get back here... but I learned. I learned how to hide, and it didn't scare me. People always assume that I want to get taller... it's not the case. What... what happened I won't have survived if I was taller than I was. If I was small, there would be many options on where to hide.

" Maybe I should go back inside," I muttered to myself. Though I didn't have a clock with me... at least an hour had passed since I left. I pulled my knees to my chest and I rest my head. I... I'm not really happy. I mean, I should be since my 16th birthday is coming up soon. But, every year instead of celebrating I keep reminding myself that they are going to find me. I popped my head up as footsteps approached, they echoed in the distance. I sucked in a breath and then I waited to see who it was. Surprisingly... it was Cayla from Crystal Raven.

" What are you doing here," she asked curiously.

"..."

She continued on." Fine... I don't need the details but will you tell me why you are hiding behind a dumpster?"

I took in a deep breath once again," If I tell... If I tell you something will you promise to keep it a secret?"

(part 1 done)

• Posted at:

ALVERA

Proud Slytherin, Cabin of Apollo, Maze Runner, Sister of a Brotherband, and much more

Front sm

whirlwindangel50

I had a suggest at the end of my pov where Haydn was introduced. Under that, there was some information in white ink. I couldn't tell if you missed it, or skipped it.

Nevermind, you have your hands full so if you choose to look at it/have the time, please do so.

• Posted at:

ALVERA

Front sm

midnightdragon211

aka AgentUnlocking93

Oh yeah, now I remember.

And yes, that's okay with me. :)

• Posted at:

Quote of January:

-MBer

-Keyblade Wielder

-Pokemon Trainer

-Reader and Gamer

-Anime fan

-Animator to become

~AngelTheWeirdStranger

Front sm

whirlwindangel50

Azure

"... I don't really have a place to begin, though I guess I should start by saying that my parents hate the Branded... a lot. When I was younger my parents would often leave me alone with my brother on what they like to call ' business trips ' in reality, they were only hunting down the people with the Brand. My brother and I grew up with each other for the first few years of my life, or what I can remember. Our parents would rarely leave us, though shortly after my 5th birthday... I feel like their trips were getting longer and longer. My brother, who was older then me, kept telling me that the traffic was really bad or the weather was causing them some problems... though what I didn't realize was that my brother found out what my parents had been doing.

" I shouldn't tell you a lot of what happened when I was a child, but there was something that happened when I was 8. My parents, my brother, and I all took a walk down to the park. Mom said that she had a job for me, and Dad said that if me and my brother completed this job, we could accompany them when they went out. Being the child I was, who rarely knew her parents, I was estactic. But... I could still remember the look on my brother's face. He... he was concerned. When we stopped walking, we came to a large fountain that was placed in the center of the park. It was really beautiful except there was people there.

" Three people were sitting on ground tied up. They also had a sack over their head, and out of the corner of my eye I saw my parents pulled out a box. When Dad opened it, two daggers were carefully set. One had a silver color handle, and the other one had gold. My brother took the gold one, and I the silver. Then my Mom pulled out a sword and the first person through the chest. The body fell backwards, because she dragged them up on their feet, and landed in the fountain. Dad said that Branded people were dangerous and that they needed to disappear, and it was up to them to help get rid of Branded people.

" My brother refused and so did I, and we returned the daggers back into the box. My Mom sighed and she quickly got rid of the other two. While that was going on, my Dad said that we were young, that it wouldn't make sense until we were older. Soon my brother was in a heated argument with my parents, and then it began to rain. I was just standing there because I was scared and I didn't know what to do. When my Mom began to step towards my brother... something happened I can't remember what though. All I knew what happened next was that my parents were screaming because there was a mythical beast of sorts standing next to my brother. My Mom got her sword ready and charged, but I pushed my brother out of the way.

" What I didn't realize is that my Mom had placed the gold dagger in my hand. And when I pushed my brother, I accidentally stabbed him. It wasn't until he hit the ground, and lightning screamed, that I realized what I had done. I was crying my eyes out, though my parents congratulated me. They kept on saying that I did what I had to do, and I was scared. After that my parents dragged all of the bodies away, including my brother's, and gave me a sponge and a bucket of water... telling me that I had to clean up... and so I did.

" After that, my parents were rarely home. Only to buy me food and the necessary items I needed. It didn't help that they became alcholics, though they weren't abusive or anything. It just meant that they kept coming home drunk all the time... thankfully when I got my Brand and I went home my parents were completely drunk."

***** ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ****** ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

" But why tell me this," Cayla asked. She pressed her lips together. " Shouldn't you tell your team?"

I snorted," They wouldn't understand. Rose would probably try to turn me into the cops; probably Camilla as well. Tea would never talk to me again, Sage would probably try to beat me up or something... and Edan." I stopped there. " Edan might understand... but he is terrible at keeping secrets." 

" Look, I'm happy that you decided to talk to someone," Cayla said. " But why me?"

" Because you don't judge people unfairly," I answered. " You always know that no matter what happens there is a reason behind it, and you judge the person based on their decisions that you make. When people would think of 'that' they would say that everyone is guilty, I didn't have a choice and I didn't know what I was doing." Cayla sighed as she gave me her hand. As she pulled me up, she glanced towards the dorm building.

She said," Thanks for making me look like some kind of friend. I... I do understand. It must be difficult for you, and you need people on your side; even if everyone else says that you were wrong."

(part 2 complete)

Well, I hope this passes.

• Posted at:

ALVERA

Front sm

whirlwindangel50

If you stick around, or pop in soon, I sent the last part and Azure's summary of her backstory through.

• Posted at:

ALVERA

Front sm

fishy66

aka DolphinPink117

Branch: Janus

Rose's POV

"Dawn?"  I asked.

"Yeah?" She asked.

"Well, do you think I should go study or go play Apples with Tea?  I think I'll beat her this time."  I said.

"Firstly, Apples is a three players or more game.  So study it is."  Dawn said.

"I've already studied the entire next 3 chapters."

"You read ahead?"

"Yeah, how else do you think I know all this stuff before anyone else? Still earned the perfect score."

"What do you think?"

"About what?"

"Training."

"Exercise?  Sorry, I can't.  I have to study."

"See?  I talked you into studying."  Dawn said.  I groaned.

"Why do you study so much anyways?"  Dawn asked.

"When I was young, I...I was bullied.  I couldn't be stronger than them.  So I got smarter.  One day, I got sick of it.  They bullied me because I wasn't an athlete, because I wasn't strong.  So I led them to a place where they'd be seen by the teachers.  They wouldn't care about bullies.  The teachers in my school didn't.  But the students did.  I got beat up, humiliated, in front of my entire school, in the school's courtyard.  The bullies did get expelled though.  But...in a way...I'm still trying to prove I'm better than them."  I said.

• Posted at:

"For every person you save, there's gonna be somebody you can't." -Joe West, in The Flash

Heather

Hystorian at Heart

GREENCLOAKS UNITE!

Cahills for the win!

Have a good day!

Front sm

fishy66

aka DolphinPink117

You know the spells we use?  Well, they were getting a bit difficult to keep track of and I was bored, so...

Here's a list of all the spells we use(without color) and their effects sorted by element and alphabetized within those element lists.  And yes, this took me a while.  Tell me if I'm missing any or messed up a spell or something.

Soul Beasts Brand Spells
FIRE SPELLS
-Ember Barrage: Small floating embers fill the arena
-Fire Kick: User's kick is enveloped by fire.
-Fire Stream: Shoots fire at the opponent

WATER SPELLS
-Soulink:Stormy Sea:Creates gigantic tidal waves
-Water Barrier:Surrounds user with a dome of water.
-Water Blast:Blasts a sphere of water at an opponent
-Water Bomb:Causes an orb of water to explode
-Water Dome:Creates a barrier of water that shields from attacks.
-Water Kick:User's kick is enveloped by water
-Water Stream:Shoots high-pressure water at the opponent

THUNDER SPELLS
-Lightning Speed:User's speed is increased to incredible amounts. Also, the user gets enveloped by electricity and starts floating.
-Lightning Strikes:User creates a dome between his hands, channeling electricity between them and multiple bolts of thunder fly horizontally.
-Stun Bind:Can be used to bind unconscious targets. If they awaken, the rope will shock them back into unconsciousness.
-Thunder Bells:Creates three electric bell-shaped things
-Thunder Charge:Shoots thunder at the opponent
-Thunder Punch:User punches with a fist enveloped by electricity
-Thunder Waves:Releases waves of electricity from the hands of the user.

WIND SPELLS
-Tornado Lance:Causes a huge tornado to appear and attack the target
-Wind Charge:Shoots a jet of air at the opponent
-Wind Force:Sends the user flying up into the air
-Zephyr Gales:User gathers wind then creates a strong wave of wind
-Zephyr Howl:Wind shoots out of the user's hands at an enormous rate

EARTH SPELLS
None

ICE SPELLS
None

• Posted at:

"For every person you save, there's gonna be somebody you can't." -Joe West, in The Flash

Heather

Hystorian at Heart

GREENCLOAKS UNITE!

Cahills for the win!

Have a good day!

Front sm

platinumstorm63

Wow, thank you!

• Posted at:

Alvera (/174570)

In Construction

Front sm

midnightdragon211

aka AgentUnlocking93

Ooooooh. I think Azure and Rose both need a hug for their dramatic pasts.

@Rose: Thanks for doing that. I wasn't expecting anyone to bother. You're the best. ;)

Edan PoV

For the next couple of days. Both Rose and Azure seemed a bit...down. I had no idea how to cheer them up and the inability to move my body after Cream's training sessions, made it hard to get involved in any other activities.

Only Tea still seemed normal enough but being exhausted all the time as well didn't change the fact that we could only train and sleep.

~15 days later~

My Soul Power was being radiated brightly around my body and it didn't exhaust me as much as it used to. When we were done, I was full well to go running, and from what I was seeing, everyone else could too.

"Well, done students. I am very proud of you." Cream had a joyful smile on her face. "For the rest 12 days, you will be training your Soul Power for 1 hour and immediately train in Martial Arts for another. No brakes."

There was an uproar of complaints but a single glare from Ms. Cream was enough to silence everyone in the room.

"Whoever is absent, will not be coming to Brawl Mountain. I don't want embarrassments in my team."

~12 days later~

"Good job everyone. We leave tomorrow for Brawl Mountain. Pack everything you need because everything is allowed." Cream announced and sent us to pack and rest for tomorrow.

"So, what will you bring with you?" I asked Tea.

Instantly, a devilish grin formed on her face. "I bought some nice Magical Items which will definitely grant me victory. You'll just have to wait and see."

"Don't be so full of yourself. I will be the one winning this. I bought some nice items myself. They will definitely help me win." I told her.

"Only fools rely on items to win." Tea said.

"You're one to talk." I darted back.

"Whatever." Tea averted her gaze towards Rose and Azure. "What about you two? Do you have a plan?"

Instead of a reply, they both let out a sigh and walked away in melancholy.

"What's with those two?" I asked.

"I don't know. Maybe some competition will lift their spirits." Tea smiled again. "I will humiliate them so much tomorrow, they will definitely forget their troubles and focus on their rage towards me."

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" I asked.

"Pffft, what's the worst that could happen?"

"Welcome everyone! This is the Brawl Mountain Tournament." The announcer yelled once all the competitors had gotten in line.

Tea, Azure, and Rose were part of it along with the other two students who had who had trained with us.

Jade and Dan.

Apart from us 5, there were 15 more competitors, having a total of 20.

Some of them looked really capable, while some others were...Not as good.

"The rules are simple!

1) Magic, Abilities, and Magical Items are allowed.

2) Once your Soul Power runs out, you lose and are not allowed to continue. Members of our crew will come pick you up. If you are seen trying to compete after losing, you will be imprisoned.

3) No killing. If you kill someone, you are immediately disqualified, and will also be arrested.

4) The winner is the first to return back to the starting line with one of the crystals found at the top.

5) The competition will last 3 days. If nobody has returned with one the crystals by then, nobody wins." Once the rules were explained we were asked to get ready and that we would be starting in 10 minutes.

We all tried to find our instructor but she was nowhere to be found. Something odd, because she was in the crowd a while ago and she easily stood out from the rest of the crowd. Her muscles and height helped with that.

We, eventually, had to give up since we had to get to the starting line.

We all took our place and waited for the countdown.

"3. 2. 1. GO!"

The moment we started, Tea jumped above us and threw a weird green sphere on the floor.

In an instant, the ball exploded into some kind of weird, disgusting, green goop which had everyone stuck on the it.

I tried to move my feet but it was impossible.

"TEA! What gives!?" I complained as she laughed maniacaly.

"This is all part of the competition. This mountain is big, and I'm not the best runner. I will need a head start." She explained and ran ahead.

All 19 competitors were stuck until a short kid, with mid long dark green hair and large circular glasses walked out of the goop with no problem.

"One should have anticipated such a move. That's why I was sure to bring my Magic Boots which resist sticky surfaces. Who would have known that it works on this too?" The boy raised his glasses with a grin and casually walked ahead. "I'm Huey Glasach. Remember it after I win."

18 still on the starting line.

"Interesting." A really muscular, bald man, grinned and created a surface of earth without any goop on it. He then removed his shoes and walked on it barefoot, before making it out of the sticky substance. He then ran ahead.

"Great thinking from Barnard Talamh who managed to escape." The announcer shouted as Barnard ran ahead at incredible speed.

Instantly, another man escaped from his shoes, but not with earth. He floated out of his footwear and made it out of the goop by flying to solid land.

It was a rather tall man who wore a black fedora and large black coat which completely hid his hair and face.

"The competitor who came out of the dark and calls himself, Silent Wind, managed to escape too!" The announcer yelled again, for the crowd to hear.

Silent Wind opened his backpack and brought out another pair of black boots which he wore before walking ahead.

Others with Earth and Wind managed to escape as well leaving only 11 of us behind.

"Ugh, I can't take this anymore!" A girl with long blond hair and blue eyes screamed at some moment while chewing gum and in a sudden movement, the goop froze.

She then proceeded to smash the ice around her feet before running ahead as well.

"Krystal Gelumna managed to freeze the ice and she rushing ahead to join the others!" The announcer announced as everyone cheered.

Meanwhile, the rest of us who were still stranded broke the ice as well and managed to join the race.

At some point we reached some thick woods. There we split up. Everyone hiding in order to avoid needless contact. The first day of the race on Brawl Mountain had just began.

The next few PoVs will involve creating the rest of the competitors, attempting to reach the top, hiding and sleeping in trees and bushes, stealth fighting, alliance forming, double-crossing, food hunting, Echo fighting, and all the fun stuff that involve a fun race.

Don't make this too easy, though.

Have fun. :)

• Posted at:

Quote of January:

-MBer

-Keyblade Wielder

-Pokemon Trainer

-Reader and Gamer

-Anime fan

-Animator to become

~AngelTheWeirdStranger

Front sm

whirlwindangel50

Azure

After I had broken free from that mess, I decided to hang back. This was a speed race after all... though many people will try to get ahead and stay ahead. Laying low until the night, and then using that time to travel would be the best idea. When I looked around, there were tall trees packed in and the colors made it looked enchanted. Lowering myself to the ground, until I heard footsteps approach. Bring out my spear, ... I was slightly confused at who it was. There was a short boy with long dark purple hair that was pulled back into a ponytail. His eyes were very pale, and it was very hard to see any color in them. The boy, who appeared to be in our grade, tripped over a tree root and was struggling to keep himself balanced.

" Thank you," he said gleefully. Then his face dropped when we saw my spear. He began to panic and start flailing around." Pleasedon'thurtme,it'sonlythefirstdayandIwanttomakeittothesecondonebeforeIhavetofight."

" Calm yourself," I said reluctantly. After returning my spear, I still remained in a fighting stance and I looked at the boy. SOUL WEAPON: Boomerang/Blades Combination SOUL ABILITIES: Water Boost, Telepathy, and Undiscovered  SOUL ELEMENT: Water The boy looked frightened and began to jump away. " I know you have Telepathy, so don't freak out."

Really? How do you know that? I thought about my answer. Would I have to say it?

One of my abilities is Scan, I can read your Soul element, weapon, and abilities. The boy seemed to let his guard down and relaxed.

" I'm Mikel Dede-ross," he stated confidently.

" Azure." I sat on thee ground again and Mikel follow my lead. " So what are your plans for the Brawl Mountain?" He pulled out a light brown satchel.

He held it up," This is my prized possession. This bag is a magical item and can hold almost anything." He paused for a second. " It was really hard to get and some Magical Items won't even work because the Magical properties would destroy each other bit by bit. Anyways, one of the items I have is a flute that lure people to sleep for a limited amount of time." I raised my eyebrows curiously.

" Oh don't worry! This flute will only affect those I don't trust," Mikel grinned. " Took me forever to buy it, but I got it, and I love it.... what about you, do you have any Magical Items."

I shook my head," Nope..." Then I reached into my pocket. The soft jingle noise made Mikel looked up at me. " Well... I do have one." And I know exactly who it's for. Mikel nodded in approval, it didn't seem like he disapproved or approved... which is good I suppose when you want allies-

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

Before I could finish my statement, a ice spear whipped by my ear and stabbed the ground. Mikel and I jumped into the air and turned to face our opponents.

" Please don't hurt us," Mikel began to cried. 

" KNOCK IT OFF,"  I yelled, trying to look for whoever did that. *ZOOM* Another spear was in-front of me. " THUNDER WAVES!" Stretching out my palms, waves of thunder went in the direction of the ice. The ice was shattered, though I heard the noise of someone jumping through trees. Mikel whimpered, and I rolled my eyes. Suddenly it began to get colder.

" ICE FIELD." A female voice yelled, and soon the ground we were standing on became ice. Great, just what we need. Mikel's magic won't work as well because it will freeze automatically, and let's be real, mine never works.  When I thought about it, the voice seemed oddly familiar.

" CAYLA?!" I screeched as she stepped from the shadows. " HOW DARE YOU TREAT ME LIKE THIS!" Cayla shrugged my statement off.

" Look, I know everyone you probably have met wants to win, and it would be sooooo cliche for me to say it," Cayla seemed to drag on her sentence... one of her specialties... I shifted my stance and watched closely. She clenched her hand.

" I'm sorry about this," she said. " ICE SPEAR." A strand of ice appeared and she threw it in my direction. Before I could react, Mikel ran in front of me and jumped.

" WATER WHIPS!" Two jets of water launched themselves out of his hands and deflected the ice. When Mikel uncrossed his arms, he was holding the water like you would do with whips. He brought one of them up and swung it at Cayla, and she dodged it. As they were fighting, I noticed that the speed of the water seemed  to slow down. Then the water slowly turned into ice. Mikel slammed his hands on the ground and soon the temporary weapons disappeared.

" You can't beat me," Cayla smirked.

I growled back," OH YEAH?" Cayla kept her smirk on as she walked closer. Mikel and I kept our stances and as the two of us attacked, Cayla ran forward with a sudden speed. Wait... isn't one of her abilities Dash? I gasped as I turned around and Cayla punched me hard in the back, and I was sent flying a few feet. What stopped me was a tree... and thankfully when I landed, I didn't land hard. As I watched Cayla, she withdrew her ice field and a cloud of ice surrounded her. Soon it was getting hard to see her, and once the ice mist was gone... so was see.

I tried getting up, and I immediately regretted it," OUCH!"" Mikel ran over and helped me stand up. Which, thankfully he was slightly taller than I was.

" Well I imagine you are going to be sore," Mikel said. He helped me over to a rock and I sat down. He began to look at my ankles and poked my right one, which was feeling more sore than the other. " At least you didn't break a leg, though I do think your sprained your ankle..." I frowned.

" What are you doing," I asked. Mikel had water drops dancing around, and then he collected them in his hand. And using the other, he pulled out a cloth from his bag.

Mikel admitted," I'm not a fighter. What I want to do is learn to use my magic to heal others, and to heal wounds. People might say it's impossible, but many impossible things have been made possible."

" Like what?"

" Nothing you should concern yourself with," Mikel said. He placed the water on my ankle, and I noticed as the swelling began to lower. He also wrapped my ankle firmly and helped me stand up. " You're almost low on Soul Power... nearly 1/4 or 22%. It's best if we go ahead and find someplace to rest."

I nodded in response," Okay then." Mikel stopped and he turned to face me. His eyes widened and then he smiled.

" Does this mean we are allies?"

" I suppose so." Mikel jumped into the air, and soon he began to drag me across the forest. I tried telling him to slow down, but it was useless. Thankfully, we found a small cave-like area where we planned to stay the night. I explained to him my original plans, and he seemed to agree. Though we would have to wait until morning to let my ankle heal a little bit. According to Mikel, it isn't a severe sprain and it should heal within a week, but if he didn't treat it; the sprain might have caused enough pressure to shatter my ankle if I kept on walking.

The sun had already set, and Mikel was fast asleep. I was too, though I kept thinking about the competition and what I told Cayla. With my mind racing, I didn't even realize I fell asleep.

• Posted at:

ALVERA

Front sm

whirlwindangel50

@Angel... you know it's January right? Or have you not found a quote?

• Posted at:

ALVERA

Front sm

midnightdragon211

aka AgentUnlocking93

@Alvera: Haha, I can't believe you noticed that. XD

But no, it's neither. I actually did submit a new signature early January but I guess it didn't go through, or it's still under moderation. :/

• Posted at:

Quote of January:

-MBer

-Keyblade Wielder

-Pokemon Trainer

-Reader and Gamer

-Anime fan

-Animator to become

~AngelTheWeirdStranger

Front sm

whirlwindangel50

Azure

To say that I was woken up unpleasantly would be an understatement. I could hear vibrations outside, though I couldn't tell if it was a battle or something else. Ugh, man I feel worse today than I did yesterday... maybe that is a sign. Though at least my ankle is healing... so I can count my blessings. Yawning, I snapped my eyes opened as Mikel came back into the cave, his clothes were slightly battered.

" Who in the world did you fight," I asked. To my surprise, he grinned.

He answered," Oh, don't worry. It was a Echo... I brought breakfast." Triumphantly, he held up the carcass of what used to be a rabbit. The sight was revolting... though my stomach could probably handle it. Sucking my breath in, I held out my hand.

" Well, give it here and I will clean it," I gasped.

• Posted at:

ALVERA

Front sm

teamruby28

Branch: Ekaterina

Just posting on my new mobile account~ Alvera

• Posted at:

Allie's mobile account

Front sm

midnightdragon211

aka AgentUnlocking93

Edan PoV

I engulfed the boar I had just killed in flames, in order to make it taste better.

First day at Brawl Mountain. Check.

2 days left.

I hadn't made much progress but in all honesty...I had no idea what kind of progress I had made. I was simply walking blindly deeper into the forest. Hoping that I would eventually get out of it. I had already tried looking where to go from up a tree...But it didn't work since the forest was apparently huge!

While walking towards the unknown, I felt some kind of tickling behind my neck. I quickly turned around to see an electric arrow aimed directly at my face. I only had a second to dodge it, so I instantly ducked, letting the arrow hit a tree behind me. The arrow exploded creating a powerful blast of electricity and knocking down 2 trees.

"Wh-Who's there!?" I looked around in panic but saw no one.

"Soulink: Thunder Arrow!" I heard someone shout and another arrow zoomed towards me.

I dodged again and started running away. My opponent was probably on a tree and attacking from behind the leaves. Another thing that troubled me was that she could use Soulink, which meant that she was probably stronger than me.

There was no way I could find her so my best bet was to run away and lengthen the distance between us. Arrows exploded behind me and at some point I got caught up in one of the electric explosions, getting knocked on the ground in the process.

Thankfully, it didn't hurt too much and I had to thank all of Cream's training for that. My Soul Power had increased so much that hits wouldn't easily decrease it all.

I was expecting more arrows to come now that I was struggling to get up but instead, simple Electro-Balls were fired.

That meant that she had almost ran out of Enerki and had to rely on simpler spells.

This was my only chance.

I started punching flames on the tree branches, and eventually I got the right one. Making my hunter reveal herself.

It was a girl with short, bright yellow hair and neon blue eyes. She had black and blue headphones on her head and was dressed in a black and blue midriff shirt and a white and yellow skirt along with black and yellow shoes.

This was Sorine Krafting. I remembered her from when they were announcing the names. I never expected she would had been the first one to fight.

But I was ready. "Flame Geyser!" I punched the ground and streams of fire started bursting out of the ground and circling around Sorine.

She tried to dodge but eventually she ended up in a circle of fire geysers unable to escape.

This was my chance.

"Fire Charge!" I began focusing my energy which I would later unleash in a single focused and powerful attack.

"Fire Stream!" I launched my attack which was powered by both my Fire Boost ability and the Flame Charge spell.

This attack would probably deplete her whole Soul Power and knock her out of the game.

The flame moved towards her but a wall of ice appeared out of nowhere and blocked my flames. The fire melted through it but by the time they did, Sorine had managed to escape.

I looked around and found her standing next to Krystal who like always, was chewing gum with a bored expression on her face.

"Fire VS Ice. I cannot wait." She said lazily. "You take cover on the trees Sorine. Support me."

Sorine nodded and then hid behind some bushes. I was not expecting strangers to start forming alliances but then again, that should had been expected.

If people teamed up then they had more chances of victory.

I had to be careful. It was 1 VS 2 and the odds were against me.

"Fire Stream!" I extended my hands forwards and launched a stream of flames at Krystal who stood there in boredom.

"Ice Wall." She chewed on her gum and another wall made of ice appeared. My flames melted through it but it took some time and by then, Krystal had already moved out of the way. I tried to look for her but the moment I turned around a ball made of electricity hit me on my back and pushed me forwards.

"Freeze Punch." Krystal then immidiately punched me on my chin and knocked me down.

This fight was way too unfair but I had to fight on. "Ember Barrage!" I punched my fists together and small flames filled the space around us. "And...Flame Geyser!" Pillars of flames filled the woods and forced Krystal to move further away. Something that gave me the chance to launch more fire balls towards the trees. Sorine was forced to get back to the ground and that's when I got my chance. "Flame Scatter!" Fire was scattered all around me but since I had not yet mastered this spell, I only used it to hide myself behind the flames that were launched all around the area. I then used that distraction to run away from a losing battle.

I had to find the others and fast.

I kept running ahead but I my a rope got wrapped around my anklet. A trap!

I got pulled up by the leg and was now hanging upside down from a tree.

"Stun Bind." I heard a familiar voice as a silhouette of two girls approached me. "Oh? Edan!"

"Rose! Tea!" I smiled as I noticed who had captured me.

"I can't believe you were the one we caught." Tea facepalmed. "Ice Dagger."

A dagger made out of ice appeared into her hands and threw it at the rope, cutting it and letting me fall on my head. "Ouch!"

"Walk it off." Rose said. "This was a failure. And Stun Bind is not easy to make..."

"We've been hiding around here. Capturing passerbys and defeating them. We managed to take down 2 of them." Tea explained.

"Why didn't you two invite me before we split up?" I asked.

"You're too loud." Rose coldly replied. "But now that I think of it, you could be useful."

"Yay! I'm joining a team!"

• Posted at:

Quote of January:

-MBer

-Keyblade Wielder

-Pokemon Trainer

-Reader and Gamer

-Anime fan

-Animator to become

~AngelTheWeirdStranger

Front sm

whirlwindangel50

Azure

Once we had split the rabbit, Mikel and I carried on with our journey. We had two days to make it to the top and back, no doubt that we were severally behind. The two of us were concealed within a deep forest, with many trees surrounding us. As we pushed a branch to the side, the two of us had stumbled across a dirt path.

" Do you think we should follow it," Mikel whispered. " It may give us an advantage."

I snorted," Yeah right! Look how open this path is!" I couldn't believe Mikel didn't see that... honestly... Though the path looked like it lead straight up the mountain, it was clearly visible and open to attacks... Mikel isn't wrong though... if we stick close to a path that might work. 

" HELLO... MAD LADY... DOWN TO EARTH." I punched Mikel in the arm. He frowned and rubbed the spot gently.

" Don't do that..." I sighed. " Look, if we stay close to the path... yet hidden in the trees-"

" THAT'S PERFECT!"

I muttered under my breath," I swear you are another Edan." When Mikel had asked me who that was, I told him that it wasn't important and we should get a move on. Running uphill was tougher than it looked, so after a while Mikel slowed down to a jog. The scenery was still the same, for the most part. It was still a forrest, but the ground felt... thicker. The trees were starting to thin out, which would soon leave us wide open.

" You can sense it to... right?" Mikel sat down on the ground. " It feels like we are getting near the edge of the forest."

I nodded. " We should stay around here. If we manage to get to the top tomorrow, that only leaves us about half a day to return. We might as well hunt and reserve our strength." Mikael nodded and the two of us wandered around looking for animals we could hunt. There were smaller game; like rabbits and bird, but also larger like boars and deer. I had set my eyes on a pair of deer... *RAWR* A large noise shook my prey and they quickly ran away. ... DARN IT! That sounds like an Echo... and a large one at that! I scrambled up, and ran back to where I last saw Mikel.

And when I did, Mikel was propped  up against a tree. The Echo was very large, seven to eight feet easily and had a bulky figure. These Echoes, I often nicknamed them Boulders because not only were they large, these Echoes could curl up into a ball and charge with deadly speed.

" THUNDER PUNCH," I yelled as I ran and jumped towards the Echo. My fist collided with the rough skin, sending the Boulder off balance. Mikel scrambled away and using what strength I had, I punched myself off of the Echo and then I landed in a nearby tree. " THUNDER BELLS." The three bells appeared out of no where and floated next to the Echo. Harsh noises began to attack the Echo.

" WATER BOMB," Mikel yelled as he threw an orb of water at the Echo. I mentally face-palmed as the orb exploded on contact. The Echo was then loose of my attack, and began to charge at Mikel. " COULD USE A LITTLE HELP HERE!"I groaned as I moved my position on the tree branch. 

" THUNDER WAVE." HOW DID IT MISSED?! I frowned as the Echo dodged my attack and kept charging. " THUNDER WAVE!" I tried again, and the second time it hit the Echo on the back. As it snapped around, I was preparing to jump.

" WIND LANCE!" I turned around to see a tornado heading towards me. Instead of jumping away, I crossed my arms and braced for impact. When I looked, someone kicked me in the face and I fell out of the tree.

" WATER WHIPS!" Turning my head, I could see as Mikel finished the Echo off... though when I turned my head again, I saw a figure standing were I once was. He was tall, at least I guess so... then I realized who it was. Great... now I have to deal with him.

• Posted at:

ALVERA

Front sm

fishy66

aka DolphinPink117

Rose's POV

"So what are we doing?"  Edan buzzed.

"You're being quiet."  I whispered back.  He got my point and was quiet.  

"There's a dirt path up ahead."  Tea whispered.

"Nice.  We could set some traps.  Glance out for any incoming passerbys.  Discreetly."  I said.  Tea slipped closer.

"Clear as far as I can see."  She said.  We were whispering, obviously.

"All right."  I lifted some rope.  "You know what to do.  Quick.  Edan, be lookout."  We set up the traps quickly.  We'd gotten faster after some practice.  Edan kept lookout and was quiet.  I must be more intimidating than I thought.

"All right.  Let's advance."  I said.

"On the dirt path?"  Edan asked.

"No, too open.  In the forest that lines the dirt path.  That way we can see if someone falls into our traps, watch out for more passerbys, and still have some cover."  I said.  I heard shouting in the distance.

"Sounds like a fight."  Tea said.

"No.  Sounds like opportunity."  I said.

• Posted at:

Heather

Hystorian at Heart

GREENCLOAKS UNITE!

Cahills for the win!

Have a good day!

Front sm

whirlwindangel50

Azure

Standing on the tree branch was Silent Wind. I heard about him alright... though he was a complete mysterious person. He rarely talked, and he only did when he was battling... still.

I got up from the ground and ran to the left to dodge his latest attack.

" WAHAHAHAHAHA," Mikel cried while running in a circle." WHAT DO WE DO?!"

I snapped my head towards him," JUST SHUT UP AND FIGHT WILL YOU! OW!!" I bit my lip as I was knocked off my feet. Mikel looked confused, but then he grew a battle face of sorts.

" THUNDER WAVES!"

" WATER BOMB!" Together Mikel and I released our attacks. Silent Wind jumped from the tree branch and float to stand on the ground. He is really good at dodging attacks... to save and try to converse Soul Power. We might have to do the same by dodging attacks. 

" WIND CHARGE!" Silent Wind began to collect wind in his hands, and as he released it; Mikel and I tried our best to dodge it. I managed to, though Mikel was knocked back on his feet a little bit.

" THUNDER CANNON!" I knew it was reckless, but it was my best shot. Thunder cannon was the latest move that I had learned. It released 2-5 spheres of eletricity, slightly smaller than a basketball; at the target. It took a pretty amount of energy away, but it was one of the strongest spells I knew. Like the sly person I thought he was, he tried floating away; though he was knocked to the side by my last cannonball. " YES!"

• Posted at:

ALVERA

Front sm

midnightdragon211

aka AgentUnlocking93

I'll try and PoV something on Wednesday. Please hang in there a bit longer!

• Posted at:

Quote of January:

-MBer

-Keyblade Wielder

-Pokemon Trainer

-Reader and Gamer

-Anime fan

-Animator to become

~AngelTheWeirdStranger

Front sm

teamruby28

Okay 

• Posted at:

Allie's mobile account

Front sm

midnightdragon211

aka AgentUnlocking93

Edan PoV

We kept hearing explosions and eventually we decided to check it out. I wanted to say how exciting all this was but Rose kept staring at me in oder to prevent me from making unnecessary noises.

As we reached the location we found Azure and another kid breathing heavily on the ground while Silent Wind was walking towards them ready to attack. He looked slightly bruised but in the end it didn't seem to bother him much.

"Okay, this is a really sensitive situation. We will need careful coordination before attempting to make a move. We must wait for the opportune moment to attack from his blind spot while staying completely fo-"

"DON'T WORRY AZURE! I WILL SAVE YOU!" I shouted, interrupting Rose's planning and running ahead towards our common enemy.

"Fire Ball!" I punched a fireball from my fist while charging at him. He easily avoided it though and used a spell to create a powerful current of wind which pushed all of us backwards.

By the time, the wind stopped the mysterious man was long gone and nowhere to be found.

"He's gone..." Mikel realized.

"Lightning Strike." Rose said and a bolt of electricity fell from my head and knocked me on the floor. "That's for ignoring my plans...AGAIN!"

"Ouch." I rubbed my head in pain. "Sorry..."

"Meh, I can't stay mad at you. I'll find a way to make your life miserable later." She looked away and then walked towards that unfamiliar guy. "And who are you supposed to be?"

"Mikel! Nice to meet you!" The guy said with a goofy smile which made Rose take a few steps back in surprise... "Similar reactions, stupidity, and annoying expression! This is Edan #2!"

"You think so too?" Azure asked as she got back to her feet.

"Wait...So this is the Edan guy you were talking about?" Mikel pointed at me in curiousity.

"Azuurrrrrrrrre!!!" I poured her name in bliss. "You were talking about me?"

"It was a moment of weakness." Azure looked down in dissapointment.

"You guys do remember that we have a mountain to climb. Right?" Tea reminded us.

"Oh right. We should get going before time runs out and." I remembered and we all decided to start moving.

By nighttime we were close to the top and since we expected other players to be around we decided to move slowly and quietly.

The very top of the mountain was a flat surface with a round pedestal on it. On said pedestal were 20 crystals. Around the mountaintop were thick bushes and trees so it was easy to hide. Rose had said that this was the perfect chance players to ambush one another but I was getting bored with all the waiting.

Eventually, right before sunrise, someone decided to show up.

It was Silent Wind and he was headed for the pedestal. No one tried to fight him though which seemed odd. That was probably why Rose held us back even though we could probably win if we all teamed up against him.

Silent Wind took a single crystal and placed it on his head under his hat. He then took the remaining 19 in his hands.

"Scatter." He quietly said and then all the crystals got launched into the night sky. Losing sight of each one of them.

That was when everyone went in a shock.

Almost every surviving player leaped out of the bushes at the same time.

Krystal Gelumna, Sorine Krafting, Cayla, Jade, and Dan, along with me, Tea, Rose, and Azure. We all charged at the same person simultaneously.

"Wind Drive." Silent Wind said and vanished before anyone could attack.

When we were able to see him again, he had ran past us and was enveloped with an aura of wind.

"After him!" Cayla shouted and we all split up to chase after him.

Me and Tea chasing him from inside the woods, while always keeping an eye at him.

At some point, Tea touched the ground which then started freezing as the ice trail chased after Silent Wind. Before the ice could touch his feet, the man used the wind to jump high enough. After that he only glided through the wind.

I tried hitting him with fire but the guy kept dodging.

If only we could get his hat.

Right then, thunderbolts started raining down from the sky as Rose and Azure used their magic to try and blow down Silent Wind from above.

Silent Wind kept dodging though while also maintaining a safe position between earth and sky.

As we chased after them however, I ended up tripping on some stone and fell on my face as Tea and the others ran on ahead.

"We'll see ya later, bye!" Tea said without stopping to look back.

"Ouch, some teammates I have." I said while rubbing my face. "Well, that's what makes it fun."

I tried to get up but then saw something shining on the ground. I picked it up and found a crystal.

"Wow! You found one." I got startled by Mikel's sudden appearance.

"Y-Yeah..." I took a few steps backwards. Afraid that he would try and take it from me.

But while moving away from him, I bumped onto someone and instantly turned to face him.

Huey Glasach.

"Want to fight." I grinned. I was confident that I could take on both Huey and Mikel since I couldn't feel a lot of Soul Power coming from them.

"Nah, I would be no match in a head on fight without considerate planning." Huey pushed up his glasses with a confident grin. "Instead, I'll use others to fight you for me."

"What do you..." I was a bit confused as I looked at the short guy, who was smiling, pick up a megaphone from his backpack.

"EDAN HAS A CRYSTAL!" Huey spoke through the item making his words echo through the whole mountain.

"I would run if I were you. After all, you are an easier target than Silent Wind." Huey smiled.

I wanted to punch fire at his face but there was no time. I had to hide as soon as possible before they could come after me.

Before I could get far enough though, Cayla appeared before me and threw 3 couples of ice daggers at me.

I quickly leaped out of the way and started rolling down the slope, distancing myself from her.

Once I had stopped rolling down, I quickly got back up on my feet and started running. Before I could try and escape though, myriads of small electric dots gathered around me.

"Neutron Blast." I heard a familiar voice but thankfully, I managed to escape just in time before the tiny spheres exploded. The shock wave though pushed me on the ground.

"Soulink: Thunder Arrow!" I heard again, and an arrow landed next to my face.

I reacted quickly and rolled away before the electric blast occurred. How had Sorine found me so fast?

Thankfully, that last attack cost a lot of Enerki, which gave me the time to escape again.

Once more, before I could run enough, a ring of fire surrounded me and a stream of water pushed me on the ground.

I quickly got up and found myself surrounded by Jade and Dan. Jade used Water and Dan wielded Fire. From what I knew, they were cousins or something who made a good team together.

I could easily pass through the ring of fire with my Fire Resistance ability, but the two would probably attack me before I could even make it there.

I had to fight them.

"Flame Scatter!" I scattered flames around us. Dan jumped back while Jade shot a stream of water at the flames, creating steam which I used to hide myself.

"Tsk, that was his plan all along." Jade said.

"He will probably try and leave the ring so keep an at it." Dan commanded.

They all tried looking for me outside the smokescreen but there was no way I would live. That would be way too obvious.

Instead I sneaked behind Jade and attacked her with an all out fire attack from up close.

"Burndown!"

I kept burning her until her Soul Power had been completely depleted.

Jade fell on the ground unconscious and then tried to attack Dan. I used Fire Stream on him but he wasn't there when I fired.

I turned around but a fire kick had already hit the side of my head.

I rolled on the ground for some time but I let the momentum carry me away until I could instantly get up and run through the flames.

Eventually I made it out of the woods and on a long open slope which I could easily run down.

I ran for some time, the ground froze and instantly slipped before sliding down the sloped. At the end of the little ride was Rose and Tea charging a powerful attack.

"But we're on the same team!" I shouted.

"Only one can win this game." Rose said and launched an electric attack while Tea used an ice attack.

I quickly punched fire on the frozen ground in order to control my slide and move myself away from the two attacks.

But now I was falling from the mountain. Down towards some really sharp rocks.

I pushed a stream of fire down again in order to break my fall.

Even so, the touchdown still hurt and I could feel my Soul Power and Enerki decreasing with every minute.

I was surprised that I had managed to survive for so long.

Either way, I was probably safe now. For a few minutes at least.

I ran ahead, but I was moving a lot more slowly due to exhaustion.

I made it into some woods again but then met with Krystal.

"End of the line." She made a bubble with her gum and then let it pop.

I then realized the light blue circle I was stepping into.

Ice formed around me and trapped me inside, making me unable to move.

"Ice Trap." She explained. "Now, I will be taking this crystal."

She walked towards me but then a bolt of thunder fell on her head and electrocuted her.

She tried to recover from the shock but another fell on her. She dodged the next one but then Azure showed up from behind some trees and took her down with some close combat.

While all that was happening, I was using my fire magic to slowly melt the ice around me. By the time the fight was over, I was free from the ice trap.

"Thanks for coming to my rescue, Azure." I said releaved. "I owe you one."

"You already owe me a cheescake." She said.

"Haha, too true." I laughed. It felt like so long ago since I laughed a little. "I'm glad to have someone on my side for a change."

I was about to resume walking but then realized that Azure wanted to win as much as the next guy.

"Too late." She grinned as I turned around in surprise. "Thunder Cannon!"

There was no time for me to dodge because we were too close to each other.

This attack would probably hurt her too but it wouldn't be enough to completely defeat her. Unlike her, I had been fighting to escape from others all morning so I had less Soul Power than her.

3 Spheres of electricity were deployed as the exploded near me, creating a blinding explosion.

Everything turned black. But I wasn't hurt. I just had my eyes closed. When I opened them, I could see a dome of light around me which had apparently protected me from the attack.

Azure was on her knee after getting hit from the explosion of her own attack. "Barrier? You are a really lucky guy."

I didn't mind the compliment but there was no time to waste.

I instantly, ran away from her and disappeared into the woods.

• Posted at:

Quote of January:

-MBer

-Keyblade Wielder

-Pokemon Trainer

-Reader and Gamer

-Anime fan

-Animator to become

~AngelTheWeirdStranger

Front sm

whirlwindangel50

(@Angel; How fast does Soul Power recharge? Azure had almost 1/4 at the end of the battle with Silent Wind/Mikel/Tea/Edan/Rose. By the time they reached the top, it was nighttime.

Azure

After the explosion... to be honest, I didn't know what happened. I remembered being pushed back by the sheer pressure of the explosion... though next thing I knew, I was lying on the ground. Eyes opened, I starred up into the sky and focused on what I could. My vision was getting fuzzy, and I didn't need anyone to tell me that my Soul Power was low... gone even. Though it must not be drained completely... though... getting... there. Slowly shutting my eyes, I resisted the urge to sleep. 

The last thing I heard was the sound of magic clashing, but the last thing I saw was a figure that was standing over me. Every time I tried to focus on the person, it made me more tired, and without even realizing it I was asleep.

" A competitor has run out of Soul Power. "

( So you know how we have the people with the dark magic? What if they can drain Soul Power or Enerki? Azure was already weak because of her battle with Silent Wind and the other competitors? Just randomness. Also, Azure may not run out of Soul Power...)

Cayla

Running down the mountain was harder than it looked. Most of the competitors were already in front of me, and it was very hard trying to catch up. Edan was probably close behind me by now... wait a minute... didn't he have a craistal? I stopped in my tracks, spreading dust in the air.

" Let's try something. ICE FIELD!" I clapped my hands together and soon the area was covered in an icy mist. After the mist was dense enough, I slowly crawled my way to the tree. Knowing Edan, he would use his fire magic to find his way through the mist. Though... will he know it was a trap?

Mikel

I continued to run down the hill. Silent Wind was not that far up ahead... but even if I managed to catch up to him it was impossible to get him out of the air. Heck, with 8 people we didn't make it happen... but still. I coughed as I leaned against a tree. Sucking in deep breaths of air, I could hear shuffling noise in the distance. 

" I have to hid," I whispered. Ducking behind the tree, I saw as people were approaching and soon they had passed me. It was kinda weird, but I didn't want to be caught. Now I would have further to run... though now that I think about it, I didn't want to win now... I'm starting to wonder why I came to this exercise thing. I HATE COMPETITION... I don't know why though, it just sounds unappealing. Sighing, I waited till everyone was gone. I was too tired to fight someone, so I fired attacks into the sky, hoping it would deplete my Soul Power. * CRUNCH * Something behind me snapped and I slowly turned around.

• Posted at:

ALVERA

Front sm

whirlwindangel50

(@Angel; How fast does Soul Power recharge? Azure had almost 1/4 at the end of the battle with Silent Wind/Mikel/Tea/Edan/Rose. By the time they reached the top, it was nighttime.

Azure

After the explosion... to be honest, I didn't know what happened. I remembered being pushed back by the sheer pressure of the explosion... though next thing I knew, I was lying on the ground. Eyes opened, I starred up into the sky and focused on what I could. My vision was getting fuzzy, and I didn't need anyone to tell me that my Soul Power was low... gone even. Though it must not be drained completely... though... getting... there. Slowly shutting my eyes, I resisted the urge to sleep. 

The last thing I heard was the sound of magic clashing, but the last thing I saw was a figure that was standing over me. Every time I tried to focus on the person, it made me more tired, and without even realizing it I was asleep.

" A competitor has run out of Soul Power. "

( So you know how we have the people with the dark magic? What if they can drain Soul Power or Enerki? Azure was already weak because of her battle with Silent Wind and the other competitors? Just randomness. Also, Azure may not run out of Soul Power...)

Cayla

Running down the mountain was harder than it looked. Most of the competitors were already in front of me, and it was very hard trying to catch up. Edan was probably close behind me by now... wait a minute... didn't he have a craistal? I stopped in my tracks, spreading dust in the air.

" Let's try something. ICE FIELD!" I clapped my hands together and soon the area was covered in an icy mist. After the mist was dense enough, I slowly crawled my way to the tree. Knowing Edan, he would use his fire magic to find his way through the mist. Though... will he know it was a trap?

Mikel

I continued to run down the hill. Silent Wind was not that far up ahead... but even if I managed to catch up to him it was impossible to get him out of the air. Heck, with 8 people we didn't make it happen... but still. I coughed as I leaned against a tree. Sucking in deep breaths of air, I could hear shuffling noise in the distance. 

" I have to hid," I whispered. Ducking behind the tree, I saw as people were approaching and soon they had passed me. It was kinda weird, but I didn't want to be caught. Now I would have further to run... though now that I think about it, I didn't want to win now... I'm starting to wonder why I came to this exercise thing. I HATE COMPETITION... I don't know why though, it just sounds unappealing. Sighing, I waited till everyone was gone. I was too tired to fight someone, so I fired attacks into the sky, hoping it would deplete my Soul Power. * CRUNCH * Something behind me snapped and I slowly turned around.

• Posted at:

ALVERA

Front sm

midnightdragon211

aka AgentUnlocking93

@Alvera: It takes some time but it slowly recharges with the passing of time. When you have some SP left after the end of a battle, then it recharged a bit faster. But when it has been completely depleted, then it takes a lot longer for SP to recharge.

Hope that helps.

Also, your idea with the Dark Magic is really cool.

There is a slight error though, in Mikel's PoV. When using magic, you use up Enerki, not Soul Power. SP decreases when you get damaged.

Edan PoV

I kept running, feeling bad for leaving Azure. But everyone here was acting so ruthlessly to win. I was beginning to forget that this was just a fun competition. I was debating on going back but then an icy mist surrounded me. They were probably planning on attacking me when I could not see. Instantly, I created a flame in my hand which was going to allow me to see but that was my biggest mistake.

Three ice daggers pierced through my arms and right leg and I fell down.

The mist was cleared and I saw Cayla walking towards me.

"I'll be taking the crystal now." She said.

I reached for my pocket and pulled it out. Cayla moved to take it but I enveloped the crystal in flames and then threw it away with all my force.

Thankfully, that made Cayla look away and follow the crystal with her eyes. That was when I got the chance to use one of my Magical Items I had been saving.

I attached a bracelet, with a small rocket attached to it, around Cayla's head and then lit it up.

Immidiately, Cayla got launched into the air and she started flying away into the sky.

She would keep flying away from the sky until the rocket ran out of power. She would then fall on the ground without any scratch at all but at least it would take some time for her to find me once more. Assuming she wanted to come after me again.

After all, I didn't have the crystal with me anymore. It was both saddening and relieving.

I could finally sit down and rest for a bit.

Once I found a tree to let my back rest on, I removed the ice daggers from my arms and leg. Sealing the wounds would require my whole Soul Power, so instead I focused on the most important one and as the wound on my leg closed, I could feel my Soul Power decrease.

I got back up on my feet and moved back in order to find Azure. Maybe she would agree on teaming up again, now that I didn't have the crystal anymore.

I made my way back to Azure and found her lying on the ground and another person dressed in a dark coat, making it impossible for me to tell how he looked.

"Get away from her!" I shouted and punched fireballs at him in my rage.

The guy, however, easily dodged and then escaped into the woods in an instant.

I wanted to chase after him, but it would be impossible in my condition. Other than that, Azure was still on the ground and I had to tend to her wounds.

I then knelt next to her and found her unconscious. On top of that, her skin was really pale and she was cold, almost dead. Still, I could feel a pulse and I was glad to know that she was okay.

But seeing her like this...It made me really angry and I immediately wanted to attack something out of frustration.

There was no way I would let this pass. Someone had hurt one of my team mates and that someone had to pay.

Sorry for the short PoV.

• Posted at:

Quote of January:

-MBer

-Keyblade Wielder

-Pokemon Trainer

-Reader and Gamer

-Anime fan

-Animator to become

~AngelTheWeirdStranger

Front sm

teamruby28

Nah its alright

• Posted at:

Allie's mobile account

Front sm

fishy66

aka DolphinPink117

Rose's POV

Tea and I remained partners, after having kicked Edan out of the group.  I had to have a stern talk with him later.

I spotted a crystal and slowed my pace.  A crystal gleamed under the leaves of a tree.  Tea was still walking ahead of me.  I slipped it into my pocket.  "Rose, hurry up."  Tea whispered.

"Coming." I said.  A person dropped out of the trees.  Huey, I think his name was.  

"Ice Dagger!"  Tea said quickly, shooting an ice dagger at him.  He dodged it.

"Thunder Waves!"  I said, waves of thunder coming from my hands.  It knocked him down.

"Rock Throw!"  A huge rock was lifted out of the ground and flew at us.  Tea and I dodged.

"Ice Stream!"  Tea said, knocking him out.  She searched his pockets.

"What are you looking for?"

"I'm checking if he had a crystal."  Tea said.  "Here!"  She produced a crystal from his pockets.

"Cool.  You better get to the starting line."  I grabbed the megaphone Huey had used on Edan.  "Tea has a crystal!"  I said into it.  I glanced back at her.  "Hey, you knew this partnership wasn't going to last forever.  Everyone's going to be aiming for you now, so I better go."  I said, vanishing into the thick forest.

That distraction should buy me some time to get to the starting line.  Plus, no one knows I have a crystal, so they won't single me out.  "Ice Dagger!"  I heard Tea yell.  Yup.  I'll have plenty of time.

• Posted at:

Heather

Hystorian at Heart

GREENCLOAKS UNITE!

Cahills for the win!

Have a good day!

Front sm

whirlwindangel50

Cayla

No, no, no, no no! I bit my lip as the rocket ran out of fuel and I was now free-falling out of the sky. Thankfully it had been enchanted to where I wouldn't get hurt, though the fact remained that I was still in the air for several minutes.

" Ugh, now it's going to take forever to find people," I muttered to myself. The sun was still bright, though it didn't matter, today was the last day. After dusting myself off, traveling back to the starting point sounded like a good idea. I wouldn't get in trouble because it would probably take more time to find someone than going back to the start. Light emerald green trees surrounded me, so I assumed that the end/beginning was within a few miles. Still, I hope everyone is alright. I feel sorry for Azure, and Edan... but knowing them they are probably alright. 

" Still, it's kinda odd," I admitted to myself. " On Brawl Mountain, I only ran into two people; and both were from the same team. Sure this mountain is huge... but shouldn't have meet more people." I smacked my lips while I slowly walked the hill. There was no hurry to get back, though I was tired. Jonathan and Roan said that they were going to get me when I was done training. Sarila left to who knows where, but I don't judge her... though what concerned me is that Sarila never told us anything about her.

I shook my head," If she wants to keep her life a secret, it's fine." I bit my lip again. But still... she has a team that worries about her... After running a hair through my dark brown hair, I almost screamed when I saw thick patches of dirt on it. 

" That's it! I am so dyeing my hair when I get back!" ... Great, now the question is what color? Ugh. I moved a branch to the side. * WHISH * I stared up into the sky to see a helicopter flying towards the top of the mountain. That was odd... did someone run out of Soul Power? Probably... and even though I felt sorry for whoever it was, it was about time. Within three days of solid competition, someone had to run out.

After the helicopter flew away, I continued on my way.

Azure

Ow... there was a bitter feeling in my stomach that almost made me throw up... but then I realized I can't. The loss of Soul Power left me almost exhausted... but I don't remember passing out though. But who... or what was the figure that I saw? When I passed out there was a cloaked figure standing over me... creep. Still, this is starting to tick me off. My Thunder Magic is... it doesn't feel like is should be this weak! I trained a ton, though my strength of my attacks was about the same... the only good that came out of training was the fact that there was martial arts.

Think... let me analyze this situation. Could someone have drained what Soul Power I had left? ... No, it's not possible. There is no records of that in any of the books, and no ability like it either... or at least to my knowledge. Rose might know... but I can't exactly ask her. Then I froze, how long would it be before someone would find me? On my own, my Soul Power would recharge, but I have next to nothing left in me and it might take a few days before I am even strong enough to get back up on my feet. CALM DOWN, stop worrying yourself to death.... let's not think that okay?

Still, the only other time I felt this... empty was on the night that my brother died. When I was walking away, I turned back to look at the fountain. In the corner of my eye, there was a child standing there... or at least it looked like one. But it could have been an illusion for all I know. He seemed off... though I never learned who he was after that. Though what really puzzled me was that I thought of him now. Who was he?

OWWWW. I mentally slapped myself at the self-inflicted headache.

• Posted at:

ALVERA

Front sm

fishy66

aka DolphinPink117

Is it okay if I have Rose win the competition?  Would that interfere with any of your plans?

• Posted at:

Heather

Hystorian at Heart

GREENCLOAKS UNITE!

Cahills for the win!

Have a good day!

Front sm

midnightdragon211

aka AgentUnlocking93

Not really. Rose can win. No problem. :)

• Posted at:

Quote of January:

-MBer

-Keyblade Wielder

-Pokemon Trainer

-Reader and Gamer

-Anime fan

-Animator to become

~AngelTheWeirdStranger

Front sm

fishy66

aka DolphinPink117

Rose's POV

I kept running.  It was the last day.  I had to get there first.  I emerged into a field.  I remember this.  I was close.  I spotted Silent Wind flying above me.  He probably had a crystal.

"Thunder Waves!"  I said, knocking him out of the air.  I didn't let him recover from my surprise attack.  "Lightning Strike!"  I shot him with a bolt of lightning.  

He recovered though.  "Zephyr Howl!"  He said.

"Electric Barrier!"  I surrounded myself with a barrier, protecting myself from the wind.  The barrier was breakable though.  My barrier shattered, but his spell had finished.  I took the offense now.  "Electric Trigger Bomb!"  It was a somewhat complex spell.  The electric ball created by me shot towards Silent Wind.  He dodged, of course, like I knew he wound.  As he dodged it, I concentrated on it.  It exploded into thousands of electrical sparks.  The explosion knocked Silent Wind down.  I didn't have much Enerki left, but he didn't have much Soul Power left.  "Thunder Charge!"  I said, blasting him.

"Wind Barrier!"  He said.  My thunder collided with his wind.  To my utter shock, pun not intended, the blast grew and broke the barrier.  He got hit by it and went down.  Thunder Boost.  Cool.  

"Stun Bind."  I said, wanting to make sure he couldn't get back up.  Then I ran on.  I was out of Enerki, but I was close enough so that I wouldn't need any more.

• Posted at:

Heather

Hystorian at Heart

GREENCLOAKS UNITE!

Cahills for the win!

Have a good day!

Front sm

teamruby28

Great POV!

• Posted at:

Allie's mobile account

Front sm

midnightdragon211

aka AgentUnlocking93

Edan PoV

"We'll take care of her kid. You can carry on." The doctor said as the transported Azure into the helicopter on a hospital bed.

This was supposed to calm me down but it didn't.

If it were just a fight and she had lost then it wouldn't matter, but this was different.

She looked sick and weakened. A fight cannot result in something like that.

That was why I wanted to defeat whoever did that to her.

I heard battle sounds and immediately tried to locate them.

After a while of searching I managed to locate Tea who was trying to defend herself against two other contestants.

I immediately punched flames, hitting one of the two and knocking him down.

Tea took the change and froze his feet, giving me enough chance to charge at him and land a fire kick on his stomach, depleting his Soul Power.

One more was left who tried to run.

"Ice Javelin!" Tea created a javelin in her hand and then shot at our opponent. The weapon hit him and knocked him down. "Ice Spikes!"

Spikes made out of ice rose from the ground under our opponent, depleting his Soul Power as well.

"Nice!" I smiled and high-fived with Tea.

"Thanks for the help. But why? I though we agreed on...How did you call it?" Tea paused to think before doing an imitation of me "'Fighting to the death!'"

"Well, things changed and I don't really care about winning this magical item. I just want to make sure no one else gets hurt." I told her, looking down.

"What do you mean?" Tea looked at me in worry.

"Azure...She...She was attacked by something and now she looks like she was suffocating. I don't want this to happen to anyone else. Especially to a member of my team!" I explained.

"Then we'd better hurry. Rose could be in danger." Tea said and I nodded as we ran towards the finish line.

We managed to catch up with Rose but the moment she saw us, she decided to increase her speed.

"Check out this new spell I learned." She winked at us.

"Rose wait!" I shouted but she simply ignored me.

"Bolt!" Rose's feet got surrounded by electricity and with that she started running a lot faster while leaving a spark of electricity with her every step.

"We'll never reach her." Tea realized and I thought it was hopeless too until a really muscular bald man showed up in Rose's way.

Barnard Talahm. He was one of the first to escape from Tea's goop and was nowhere to be found during the 3 days we were exploring the mountain.

Apparently, he was camping out here the whole time, rested and at full power, ready to steal the crystal from returning contenders.

Rose tried to avoid him by running into the woods, but before she could, huge walls of earth rose from the ground and blocked any exits from left and right. Once we were close enough, the walls closed in from in front and behind us.

"Earth Arena Trap." Barnard smiled. "Took 2 days to set it up."

We were trapped.

"Out of the way you...Ummm...Bear person...Without...Hair." Rose attempted an insult but it apparently wasn't her strong point.

"Hand over your crystals and I might let you leave unharmed." Barnard grinned.

"Not a chance." I said and took a battle stance.

"Edan! What are you doing? This guy is out of our league." Tea said. "Plus, he is at full power while all three of us are tired and low on both Soul Power and Enerki."

"I too am in favor of giving it to him." Rose said. "Chances of victory are around... 4%"

"I'm fine with those odds." I said. "C'mon you guys..."

"We're girls." Tea broke in but I ignored her.

"...We came so far. We survived 3 whole days on this mountain and you both have a crystal." I said. "I say we fight till the end. For Azure!"

"What happened to Azure?" Rose raised an eyebrow.

"We'll talk about it later." Tea said and took a battle stance next to me. "You always know what to say."

"I can't believe this." Rose walked next to me as well. "Just know, that I will be winning in the end."

"We'll see." Tea smiled.

"I hope you kids are done chatting because this is the end of the line for you." Barnard took a battle stance of his own and got ready to fight.

Powered by my Fire Boost ability, I punched a huge fireball at the guy and Rose hid behind it, so the moment Barnard blocked it with just one arm, Rose was ever to place her hand on his stomach and electrocute him.

But for some reason the attack had no effect and Barnard grabbed Rose's head and threw her at me, knocking me down with her.

"Why you!" Tea glared at him and instantly jumped above and with a spin of her body threw a number of shurikens at him and then created a sword of ice in her hand. "Ice Sword!"

Barnard caught all the shurikens but took the hit as Tea brought down her sword at him.

But once more, there was no effect and the man went for a full out punch.

A barrier appeared around Tea who attempted to protect herself but Barnard punched through it and hit Tea directly on her stomach, lunching her onto the wall on the other side of the arena trap.

My HIT beeped the moment Tea's Soul Power depleted but the sound was lost as I screamed "TEA!"

"Don't worry. She's fine. And she left us a present." Rose said and as I looked at where Rose was pointing, I saw the ground under Barnard's feet frozen, which meant that with enough power we could knock him off his feet.

Rose was the first to charge after him and by using her Bolt spell, she was able to run with incredible speed, running on the side of the walls while I placed my hands on the ground while setting my plan into motion.

The moment Rose was close enough to Barnard, she started leaping from one wall to the other and while the enemy was confused, she simply used both her legs to kick him back, knocking him off his feet and knocking him down.

"Edan NOW!" Rose shouted. "Thunder Wave!"

Electricity hit Barnard and I instantly charged, jumped above our opponent, and with all my force enveloped my first into flames and brought it down on Barnard's face. "Fire Punch!"

"Thunder Charge!" Rose shouted as she shot a bolt of electricity at Barnard who was still trying to get back on his feet.

"Burndown!" I raised my arms above my head, creating a large sphere of fire which I then brought down on the enemy.

"THAT'S ENOUGH!" Barnard shouted and punched the ice floor, smashing it into pieces and creating stable footing for him again. "I think it's time I got serious kids."

Suddenly the ground started shaking. "I don't like this..." Rose said while trying to keep herself on her feet.

"Stone Pillars!" Barnard said and pillars made out of earth rose from the ground at increased velocity which hit us and knocked us down, weakened. Our Soul Power was almost drained out.

"That was it? I didn't even have to go all out to defeat you." Barnard hawked with his satisfied smirk on his face.

"No." I said and got on my feet.

"Edan. What are you doing?" Rose asked.

"I'm not going to lose. If you're so strong then beat me with your own hands." I walked towards him and took a battle stance.

"You're on kid. I will beat you without using magic. You can use every spell in your possession though." The man grinned and walked towards me.

"Don't regret it later." I smiled and Barnard attempted to punch him. Before he could though I quickly dodged with a back-flip with the help of my hands but before I knew, Barnard was already after me, ready for another punch. I did a cartwheel to the right and then a somersault forward, putting all of my effort into dodging attacks.

A few minutes passed in which the only thing I did was dodged as many attacks as possible until I was tired out.

"What's up kid? Out of juice already?" The man grinned and attempted to go after me.

"I wouldn't take another step if I were you." I smiled.

"Huh?" The man immediately stopped.

"You see, while we were fighting, I made sure to attach several explosive mines on the ground." I explained.

"What?" Rose looked at me in question.

"What!?" Barnard looked at me in rage. "When did you?"

"While dodging...You were making sure to place mines on the ground. That's why you made sure your hands were touching the ground while dodging." Rose realized. "But how did you come with something so ingenen-...YOU COPIED IT FROM SARILA'S WATER BOMB SPELL!"

"Ehehe..." I rubbed the back of my head a bit ashamed. "It's not copying...It's inspiration."

"What is going on!?" Barnard yelled.

"Nothing much. You're just trapped between a number of explosives and if you move you will lose most, if not all, of your Soul Power." I said. "So if you don't want that, could you remove those walls around us so we can be on our way?"

There was a moment of silence but then Barnard started laughing. "You think I'm scared of your toy bombs. I'll-"

Before he could finish both me and Rose moved at top speed and attacked him from both fronts while making sure we weren't stepping on any mines. It was a good thing Rose remembered where I had placed them. Spooky that she had such great perception and memory...But good spooky.

With combination of attacks, Rose used all her remaining Enerki to launch Barnard in the air and get as far away as possible, while I leaped above him and used a Fire Kick to knock our opponent back to the ground which then immediately exploded. "Mine Burst!"

"D-Did that do it?" Rose asked.

Both of us were out of Enerki and a single hit would be enough to deplete our Soul Power.

Once the smoke cleared, we could see Barnard still standing and well.

"You've done it kids. Prepare to be eliminated." Barnard's eyes were glowing with rage as the ground started shaking. "You managed to halve my Soul Power, I must congratulate you for that. But this is the end!"

Before Barnard could attack though the arena trap we were sealed in fell and Silent Wind flew towards our opponent, pushing him into the woods as they both vanished from sight.

"Umm...That happened." I said and then fell on my knees.

Rose then checked her HIT and noticed that I had no Soul Power.

"You..." She looked at me in worry.

"Yep. I got a little caught up in the explosion with Barnard and lost all of my Soul Power." I explained.

"A-And you were going to fight even after that!?" She shouted and punched my shoulder. "You idiot."

"Ouch...You know I have no SP left. Punches hurt A LOT more now." I complained.

"If you had gotten hit, you could have died genius!" Rose yelled.

"But everything worked out in the end. So why don't you stop arguing and go win for our team already?" I said.

"I guess it's the least I could do. You two really helped back there." Rose smiled and then ran towards the victory line.

I then let myself lie on the ground, struggling to keep myself awake.

What kept me up was the way the fight was resolved. Why did Silent Wind save us?

Silent Wind PoV

"Phew, that was a close one." I said as I removed my disguise.

"Sorry Mark. I got carried away in the fight. These kids have great potential." Barnard said.

"I know. That's why I wanted to test their powers in this tournament. To see if they've learned anything this past semester at the academy." I smiled. "I was not dissapointed."

"Yep. That Azure girl managed to hit you and so did Rose." Barnard said. "That Tea girl sacrificed herself to give her friends a fighting chance and that Edan kid managed to trick me with his annoying mines."

"Indeed. I'm glad they managed to grow, even a little." I said. "Still, I sensed something wrong happen. What happened to Azure was no accident."

"It can't be...Them." Barnard looked at me in worry and anger.

"Let's hope they're not. Even so. We'll have to report to the principal back at the academy."

YEAH!

Mark Ghatsven was Silent Wind all along.

Hope nobody saw that coming. ;)

Anyway, I'm not sure what the prize is going to be.

I'll try and figure something out. Unless anyone else has an idea.

• Posted at:

Quote of January:

-MBer

-Keyblade Wielder

-Pokemon Trainer

-Reader and Gamer

-Anime fan

-Animator to become

~AngelTheWeirdStranger

Front sm

fishy66

aka DolphinPink117

A:Er...how did Silent Wind get out of Stun Bind, out of curiosity?  B:Why do both Roses like speed?  Is it just a coincidence, or did you plan that?  C:You said the prize would be a rare magical item and lots of money.

Rose's POV

I dashed across the finishing line.  Smiling, I took the crystal out of my pocket and showed it to the announcer.  "We have a winner!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So you unlocked Thunder Boost?  Cool!"  Edan said.

"Yeah, I know."  I said.  "Still, I'm jealous.  You have all three of your abilities so far.  I only have one."

"Which one would you want?"  Tea said, laying down one of her cards.

Azure picked up the Apple cards we'd put down and looked them over.  "Telepathy.  Definitely."  I said.

"Not surprising."  Tea said.  I think she was still a little angry with me for the megaphone Huey thing.

"So what did you get?"  Edan said.

Azure laid a card back down.  "This one wins."

"Cool."  Edan said, taking a card and putting it into his pile of captured cards.

"Money and a magic item.  I'm still trying to figure out exactly what it does."  I said.  "It isn't like anything I know about."

Azure coughed.  "Azure, you okay?"  Edan asked nervously.  "You did get really bad out there."

"Fine."  Azure said, laying down a card.

We played on, with Edan finally beating Tea at Apples.  Tea and Azure left the room, Azure to rest and Tea to make sure she got back okay.  We're really overprotective of our teammates.

"Hey, Edan."  I said, now that they weren't here.  "You were being kind of a jerk."

"What?"  He said, shocked.

"You keep interrupting me.  You always act, in the field, like I have nothing good to say."  I said.  ". The only time you actually listen to me is when I have to help you study."  Like the bullies you forced me to do their homework.  I swallowed and cut off that train of thought.

"I'm sorry if you feel that way, Rose.  I'll listen next time."  Edan said, looking down.

"Okay."  I said, backing off.  I smiled and said.  "Another reason I really want telepathy.  You can't interrupt me if I speak mentally."  Edan chuckled.

"I'm going to go sleep now too.  What about you?"  I asked.

Edan shrugged.  I walked into my room and straightened my desk.  I glanced at my prize once more.  "You won.  Congratulations."  A voice behind me said.  I whipped around.  A figure stood there in the shadows.  "Sorry, but I'm going to need that."  He said, pointing to the magic item.  "So if you don't want to get hurt, step aside."

"No."  I said.  "Lightning Strike!"  He dodged the attack.

"Not very smart, Rose."  The man said.  "They told me you were more clever than that."

I scowled.  "Thunder Waves!"  He dodged that too.  I was way out of my league.

"Zephyr Howl."  The man knocked me back into the wall.  Help!  I called out in my mind.  And I thought I felt someone hear me.

Yeah, that was telepathy.  She called out to Edan and the rest of the team that's in the school.  That is how the ability works, right?

• Posted at:

Heather

Hystorian at Heart

GREENCLOAKS UNITE!

Cahills for the win!

Have a good day!

Front sm

midnightdragon211

aka AgentUnlocking93

@Rose: A: Silent Wind was Mark Ghatsven, a really experienced teacher who decided to test his students by going easy on them. I believe someone as experienced as a him would be able to escape.

B: It was a coincidence really. But then realized it was similar to the other Rose and thought that you might approve of it.

C: Indeed. What I meant was that I was not sure what the magical item was going to be.

Nice PoV BTW.

• Posted at:

Quote of January:

-MBer

-Keyblade Wielder

-Pokemon Trainer

-Reader and Gamer

-Anime fan

-Animator to become

~AngelTheWeirdStranger

Front sm

whirlwindangel50

Oh, I thought that the Magical Item was going to be that they could keep the craistal... oops.

• Posted at:

ALVERA

Front sm

whirlwindangel50

Azure( trying to find a new font )

When Tea finished helping me get back to my room, I sat down on my bed and hugged my plush thunderbird, due to my Soul Beast being a thunderbird. After being released from the hospital, there was something off. The doctors said I had been attack, so I know that I wasn't going crazy when I saw that... that thing. But the fact remained I couldn't fight them off for some reason.

" Maybe I'm not meant to be gifted in Soul Magic," I whispered into the plush. "... I compensate for that with my physical strength." It was true. With my strength, and the Warrior ability, I had grown attached to combat rather than magic for fighting. Warrior and Scan, they were good abilities, and I was happy to have them, those I was curious to know what my third one is. I glanced down at my hand and saw the Brand. Tapping on it, a glow appeared and Zephyr came out.

" It has been a while," Zephyr noted as he began to fly laps around the room, no doubt to stretch out his wings.

I gave a weak smile," Sorry about that." As he circled back, he glanced at me and then looked away.

" You were drained of your Soul Power recently, correct?"

" Yes," I answered still hugging the plush.

Zephyr focused," Well before you ask, I don't know of anything that would cause something like that." Yep, he knows me alright. My room was neat, and it took a second to get use to it after being at Brawl Mountain for so long. I got up and then I began to wander around the room. There was something off, and I want to know what it was.

" When I was passed out, I saw... events of my past," I said.

Zephyr tilted his head to the side," And you think that these events are linked?"

I shook my head. " No... but I could have swore that I saw a silhouette of a person near the end of my vision." Zephyr gave a short squawk, that reminded me of a harsh laugh.

" And what makes you believe that this person is related to these events?"

" ... Nothing," I said. Turning away, I sat back down on my bed. " I thought there was a possibility because it was something odd at the time it happened, and it was a vision I had when I passed out."

Zephyr walked over and placed his wing around my shoulders in a caring manner," Look. Maybe what happened in your past and what happened to you have the same feeling... and so that is why you had a flash-back."

" That does sound right, thanks." Zephyr nodded and he retreated. I climbed under the covers and slowly let myself fall asleep. In the morning, there was things I needed to do.

( First pov of mine, more to come )

• Posted at:

ALVERA

Front sm

whirlwindangel50

Before I forget... here is the form for all of my characters... and I do mean all 6. Organization. Don't think anything of it. 

Name: Azure Mills
Apearence:
Azure is very(changing it to very) short for her age, standing in around 4'10" with a slight muscular frame and a fair complexion. Shoulder length dark brown hair in cut layers that reach right above her shoulders, also contains purple streaks. She has dark blue eyes. Her usual outfit consists of dark jeans, a dark green shirt, brown vest, brown boots, and a silver ring.
Personality:
Very, very blunt. Doesn't like to beat around the bush, and doesn't like it when people do the same. She also has noted that she has "small" anger issues, but is also very honest about her opinions. Azure is also very protective and confident of others, though she has troubles when it comes to being confident with her and her Soul Magic.
Brand:
\|/
Soul Beast:
Thunderbird-
Soul Beast Name:
Zephyr

Element: Thunder
Other:
- Talented in Martial Arts, - Has a soft spot for cheesecake, -Prefers Combat

Soul Abilities: Discovered: Warrior, Scan Undiscovered: Transparent

Soul Weapon: Spear

Team: Astera-Ways

Name: Roan-Umizuke
Apearence:
Sort of tall for someone his age, standing around 5'11". He has a thin build and pale skin. Chin length dark brown hair(almost black) but is currently dyed a very pale blond with dark grey tips, has dark blue eyes. Usual outfit consists of a grey shirt, dark blue tie, jeans, tattered black jacket, and converse-like shoes.
Personality: 
Kind and caring to his oppenents, even if others think they deserve none. He is smart for his age and does well in all of his classes. However he is not one of the strongest people because he summoned his Soul Beast a bit later than a high majority of the rest of his class. Roan is also patient, but has been known to be sarcastic at certain times

Brand: \|/
Soul Beast:
 Pegasus
Soul Beast Name: Gale
Element:
Wind
Other: -
Potential to become a strong Soul Magician, - Prefers Magic versus combat and weapon use

Soul Abilities: Discovered: Magician Undiscovered: Magnet and Adaptability (both are discovered in second year)

Soul Weapon: Scythe

Team: Crystal Raven

Name: Mikel Cereros,

Appearance: Short for his age, standing around 5'2". Medium build and tan skin. He has long dark purple hair that is pulled back into a ponytail, and very pale eyes. Usual outfit consists of tan cargo short, black shirt with the king chess piece on the front, and regular tennis shoes.

Personality: Bubbly and social. Loves to talk to anyone he can, and without knowing it can talk too fast for people to understand him. Will even talk to enemies in the middle of a fight because he feels like it. Calm about classes, though he as low grades in most. Dislikes violence and purposely slacks off in fighting classes. Very loyal in the end.

Soul Beast: Endrop(Upper half is a horse, lower half is a fin)

Soul Beast Name:  Jack

Element: Water

Other: - Dislikes violence and will avoid it when he can, - Serves as the medic, - If he had to fight, Mikel prefers weapon and distance magic

Soul Abilities: Discovered: Telepathy, Water Boost Undiscovered: Super Speed

Soul Weapon: Dual Boomerangs

Team: Phantom Knights

Name: Jonathan Atkinson

Appearance: Decent height, though slightly tall for his age 5'6". Lean build, though has faint outlines of muscles. Fair skin, but tans easily. Has blond hair with bangs that cover his green eyes. Usual outfit is athletic shorts, t-shirt, and tennis shoes.

Personality: Loud. Jonathan is loud without even trying, and so this upsets people who are trying to study or prefer a quiet environment. He says anything and everything that comes to mind, so he sometimes offends people without meaning too. Despite that, he is very sincere and cares a lot for other people unless given a reason not too.

Soul Beast: Kitsune.

Soul Beast Name: Pyre

Element: Fire, though knows a small amount of Ice due to his cousin Cayla

Other: - Good at managing Soul Power and Enerki, - Picks up magic easily though isn't very strong

Soul Abilities: Discovered: Sniper Undiscovered: Philosophic, Lock-On

Soul Weapon: A ribbon that can turn into fire

Team: Crystal Raven

Name: Cayla Atkinson

Appearance: Decent height for someone her age 5'7". Natural tan skin with a slight curvy figure. She has long curly brown hair, though often dyes it. Currently it a light brown, matching her light green eyes. Her usual outfit consists of a pale blue skirt, dark grey skirt, black leggings, white heeled boots, and sometimes she wears a grey cardigan.

Personality: Cayla is... unique. She has this brat-like attitude that she uses when she is annoyed, or when she is trying to find something out. Other than that she acts a little childish and immature. Has a fascination with art and dyeing people's hair, and is pretty good at it. Her best trait is that she gets both sides of a story before judging.

Brand: \|/ ( family brand color )

Soul Beast: Great Serpent (aka a giant snake)

Soul Beast Name: Auroras

Element: Ice

Other: - Good at teaching, - Has a pretty good knowledge of plants, -Stragetic

Soul Abilities: Discovered: Clock-Stop, Dash, Ice Resistance

Soul Weapon: Sickle

Team: Crystal Raven

Name: Haydn Denijin.

Appearance: Tall 6'2" and muscular for his age, and has a dark complexion. Long pale colored hair pulled back into a ponytail (kind of like Mikel's, but Haydn's is longer) and hazel eyes. Usual outfit consists of black pants, white shirt, black jacket, and boots. He also wears a hat when not in school.

Personality: Not much is known, but Haydn is very clever. He is good at sneaky around and finding information if he wants it. Besides being mysterious all the time, he is very loyal and protective of his team, Phantom Knights. He likes talking to people, though prefers not to be bothered when tired.

Soul Beast: Unknown

Soul Beast Name: Unknown

Element: Unknown

Other: - is the leader of Phantom Knights, - excels with combat and use of weapon, - struggles extremely with magic

Soul Abilities: Discovered: Magnet, Berserker, Undiscovered: Unknown

Soul Weapon: Throwing Blades( he summons them back via Magnet )

Team: Phantom Knights

I FINISHED!

• Posted at:

ALVERA

1 , 2 , 3 ... , , 12 , , 14