Front sm

Jude Watson

aka Jude Watson

Branch: Ekaterina

Greetings, cluehunters! You’ve all had a chance to read MISSION TITANIC, right? Let’s talk.  Poor Ian!  Tossed out of the Cahill mansion! How humiliating.  Is he going to go all Lucian and plot his revenge? Amy and Dan retired from the Cahill family business, and they got yanked back in. Won’t Dan just want to walk out again? And what happened to Nellie and Sammy?

Am I asking too many questions?

Some of you have asked me what my favorite moments from the book are.  Naturally for one as fiendish as myself, it’s the moments of the greatest peril. Launching Dan, Amy, Ian and Hamilton in a tiny rowboat in the middle of a stormy shipping channel made my day.  And I still get a thrill from imagining them in a rubber boat on a frigid Antarctic sea heading toward a soon-to-be exploding ship while icebergs calve and a lethal Russian shoots spears at them… sheer joy.   

Researching Antarctica was fascinating. It’s one of the most extraordinary places on the planet, and I can’t believe how much I didn’t know!  People who are lucky enough to go there sometimes say it’s so amazing that it’s like being on another planet.  I think it was my favorite setting for a Cahill adventure.

Okay, what are some of your favorite moments?  Do you think Ian will ever make a great leader? Do you ship Ian and Cara?  Who is the Outcast? As Dan said, It’s never good when evil dudes have a nickname. I’m dying to know what you all think.  This book is dedicated to you, after all. And I’ll be back in a few days to answer any questions that come up. Fire away, cluehunters!

-          Jude Watson

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Front sm

dragonflying601

Cool!

• Posted at:

<♔ ~Leo~ ♔>

When the sharpest words wanna cut me down

I'm gonna send a flood, gonna drown them out

I am brave, I am bruised

I am who I'm meant to be, thi is me

They/them.

#SkylarEmeraldCarmenZoeyDanielLiveOn

#PutIRBack

Front sm

purpleairport42

Loved the book! 

• Posted at:

You don't remember what happened.

What you remember becomes what happened.

Front sm

dogyellow583

Jude Watson: Is there more evidence for T39C being real than against it being real? Or is it the other way around? 

No one else wanted to cry when Ian was held at gun-point, did they?

• Posted at:

Christy ~  currently trying to figure out what’s wrong with me 

Front sm

dreamtimedetermined14

Branch: Lucian

Mission Titanic was totally awesome! And I definitely ship Carian.

• Posted at:

~Carian Forever~

Always Expect the Unexpected - A Heroes of Olympus Fan-Fiction /122770

My name is Scotland

Front sm

volcanolynx9

aka BulldogAmber264

Branch: Janus

Okay, what are some of your favorite moments? When Ian's pants fell down. O_O xD

Do you think Ian will ever make a great leader? Yes, if he has Amy there to guide him.

Do you ship Ian and Cara? NO. THAT SHIP WILL SINK, I TELL YE. I PROMISE.

Who is the Outcast? Grace's husband.

• Posted at:

I have left forever - Never coming back

Goodbye for the very last time, my friends.

~ Kris

Front sm

athenalion36

OK, here's my answers.

When they were trying to get into the room on Titanic. Ingenious on Ian's part. The Zodiac moment was great too.

Yeah, he just probably needs Cara to help him out with his modesty.

DUH!!!!!! YES!!!

Agreeing with Kris.

• Posted at:

Athena + Quickie

Lucian/Ekat

I have a samurai cake knife, nunchaku, a wooden sword, a staff, and my hands and feet. Also a trumpet. Back! Aza!

Black belt, here I come!

Currently Awaiting Black Belt.

#Tiger

#Remember&Hope4Every1

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Mission Titanic WAS awesomesauce!! Thank you for dedicating it to "all the clue hunters on the message boards"!

I agree with Kris - when Ian's pants fell down, that was pretty awesome.

I also liked it when Fiske was revealed as the Coyote! He certainly has recuperated from all of that serum messing with his body!

I do think Ian will make a great leader. Great leaders are made, not born. His mother usurped Ian's ability to lead when she was alive. Amy became the leader after The Clue Hunt and did kind of learn to be a leader due to The Clue Hunt, but then she became kind of whacked out during Unstoppable, which wasn't Amy's fault and that shouldn't have happened. I think the others are pulling for Ian to be a great leader. Amy is biting her tongue. Ham was encouraging him. Cara was semi-harassing him toward better leadership. It will bring him down a notch in his own eyes and appreciate the leader Amy was and he will want to be as good of a leader, and better, than Amy was. I believe that in the end, Carian will be the leadership of the Cahills/Madrigals for anything else that should arise post-Doublecross!

So, I do definitely ship Carian and I hope it is the best thing that happens to him after losing Natalie most of all, then his mom, and now his dad, who is in cahoots with the Outcast! "This was an ambush and his father was part of it."

I think it's way too convenient that EVERYTHING points to Nathaniel Hartford. Why would the team that created the "mission" reveal everything with the release of the first book? It would take the fun out of the next three books. So, it has to be a red herring - or "red snapper" to make Saladin happy! 

The Outcast SHOULD be someone we are familiar with even in the tiniest way. If it's someone we've never even heard of, never been mentioned in the books or cards at all, then we would NEVER be able to figure out who they are. We should def have the opportunity to figure out who they are because they've been mentioned somewhere in ALL of the many previous books or cards! Personally, I think one of Beatrice's husbands is the Outcast. My guess is #3 - Sergei Baskov, 82yo It could also possibly be #2 - Jean-Luc Benoit, 89yo.  Beatrice was also too busy to even videoconference with Fiske, Nellie, and Sammy, so she certainly had no time to look at a picture of the Outcast. Fiske wouldn't know what any of Beatrice's husbands looked like since he was separated from the family and only occasionally visited Grace, but not Beatrice.

Chapter 12 - You started it like this: "Nellie and Sammy Mourad stood on the edge of the town square . . ." I THOUGHT THEY HAD BEEN MARRIED! I was disappointed to learn that they had NOT been married! Did anybody else think this when they read how this sentence started? DID YOU DO THAT ON PURPOSE or did you not realize that it made it seem as if they had been married?

Thank you, once again, for a wonderful 39C book! You are an brilliant writer, very caring about those of us on the MB, and a amazing Madrigal!

I cannot wait to read the sequel to Loot! I really enjoyed reading Loot!

Fondly, George =)

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

"Fight the good fight

of the faith. Take hold

of the eternal life to which you were called

when you made the good confession

before many witnesses." 

I Timothy 6:12

Front sm

analyzingwizard7

aka CapitalCelebrating1

I worship Carian!

Certainly, the scene with Mr Atlas was quite nail biting.

But I'm going to succeed the Outcast as Head of the Cahills, so i favor him! 
I hope Alec Spasky realizes that his sister sacrificed herself for Amy and Dan, and turns good. 

• Posted at:

Chai @^@

2010-2016 : 6 years as a Cahill

The Lord of the Books!

The Inventor of the Gavinometer!

King of the 39 Clues Fandom!

Horizoner, Greencloak, SQ, Madrigal, Amulet Keeper, Shadow House Special

Since the very start!

ChaiHam or ChaiJavi

Front sm

magicmummy11

Carian here!

• Posted at:

Austin

Front sm

racoonwave4

aka RacoonBook1

This book was amazing!

How did you research Antarctica?

What was your favorite part?

Which new character is your favorite?

WHO IS THE OUTCAST??? Could it be Grace's husband?

• Posted at:

Saber Qahill

I am Saber Qahill. I'm 904 years old.

I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the constellation of Katerborus.

And I am the dancing master! *Evil laugh.*

Front sm

analyzingwizard7

aka CapitalCelebrating1

I don't think Nate Hartford was the Outcast, but, Mrs Watson, what can you tell us about him?

• Posted at:

Chai @^@

2010-2016 : 6 years as a Cahill

The Lord of the Books!

The Inventor of the Gavinometer!

King of the 39 Clues Fandom!

Horizoner, Greencloak, SQ, Madrigal, Amulet Keeper, Shadow House Special

Since the very start!

ChaiHam or ChaiJavi

Front sm

footballlion186

First of,all, I think Ian would be a great leader. I mean, he's a Lucian. Napolean!George Washington! The Russian Royal Family! NRR! (Fine, the last 2 were'nt that exciting.) My favorite part of the book was when Cara totally kicked Ian's butt! (Well technically, not the butt but who cares? I think the Outcast is Vikram because he is the last Kabra besides Ian left.And in Chapter 1 it's kind of hinted hey don't really have that Eisinhhower -Hamilton bond. Anyway, I love your books! Let's hope the  can keep the Cahiills together!

• Posted at:

Front sm

breezehawk40

I loved the book!

love mimi.

• Posted at:

He wears his heart

safety pinned to his backpack

His backpack is all that he knows

Shot down by strangers

whose glances can cripple

the heart and devour the soul

Emerald<3

Front sm

fairyunicorn507

OF COARSE I SHIP CARIAN!!! Ian will make a great leader, as soon as he starts to care what other people think. (And when cara is second in command (Wait, isn't she?)  

What do you think about the Outcast? And i definitely agree with dan that it is bad when evil dudes have nicknames.

And do you ship Carian?

• Posted at:

Love, Valerie 

"Oh, marvellous. You're going to kill me. What a finely tuned response to the situation."  ~Peter Davison  the 5th Doctor 

Saladin for president

CHRISTIAN

"FancPants"

Carian

"I'm the Doctor, and this is my spoon!"

Front sm

hydradragon849

Let's see:

Yes, I have read Mission Titanic.

Ian will plot revenge after he's back in control.

I don't think Dan is going to stand for someone living with all his things, like Saladin for instance.

As for Nellie and Sammy, maybe they were cloned. The clones pretend to be on the kiddos side, while the real duo are held hostage somewhere.

Yes, you're asking too many questions.

My favorite moment was when Alek Spasky showed my horrible branch leader who the boss was! Except for the fact that it's not him, either.

Of course Ian will make a great leader with a great second-in-command.

Yes, I ship Ian with the incredibly impossible(or impossibly incredible)Cara.

The Outcast is either James Cahill, Mark Rosenbloom's father, or an un introduced character.

I loved the dedication!

For all the clue hunters on the message boards - we couldn't do this without you!(/quote>

I put quote signs around that, but they'll dissapear.

• Posted at:

Izzy Oh 

Riddle Starling

Yes, I am the same person with two different names, but that's the fun of alter egos.

I'm Cleverstough the NightWing.

OCs:

Mooncrusher 

Darkseer

Spottedmatter

Scorpio

Seaweed

Pseudo

Thickscales

Aquila

Duskseeker

EIJMPEIJMQ

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

You did a fantastic job at writing Mission Titanic! I can't wait to read what happens next!

I think the Outcast is Grace's husband. 

Who did you enjoy writing about the most? 

• Posted at:

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." ~ C.S. Lewis 

~Monica Cahill~                 1 John 4:10 

"Fantasy reveals what reality obscures."

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

magicmummy11

I liked.... well I'll let you you guess. Oh you already know it's Brit-Fuff-Fuff!

• Posted at:

Austin

Front sm

duskdragon98

aka SpySecret12

The Outcast is Nathaniel Hartford, OF COURSE! I think it's pretty obvious. I'm sorry it sounds snobby, but it's true.

And thank you SO MUCH for writing this book! You did such an incredible job on it, and I LOVED reading it! It's fantastic! Brilliant! Phenomenal!

Oh, and Carian forever. I don't know why people were hanging onto Amian for so long, but personally, I'm glad for Jamy and Carian.

One question: Where did you get the idea for the ring-spear? I think that would be an AWESOMESAUCE addition to my weapons collection...

WHAT? NO, I DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING! NO! I DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING! NOTHING ABOUT WEAPONS! NO, I DON'T HAVE A COLLECTION OF SWORDS, SPEARS, SHURIKENS, AND EXPERIMENTAL/INSANELY DANGEROUS WEAPONS OF MY OWN CREATION!

You never said any of that? Well...FORGET I SAID ANYTHING!

*Whispers* To my fellow Cahills - everyone needs there own weapon stash. >: )

But in all seriousness, thank you SO MUCH Ms. Watson for writing this book! I LOVED it, and I"m sorry that we have to say good-bye to such a great 39 Clues author as yourself, but you left us with great books and fond memories of the Cahills!

Though you never can really escape from the Cahills... once you're in, you can never leave. *Dun dun duuuuuuuuun*

• Posted at:

Sunshine

Yup, a dude (nick)named Sunshine! I guess I brighten people's days.

Imma:

Janus

Ravenclaw

Jedi

Whovian

Avenger

IRL, I'm a 16 y/o Christian astrophysicist who loves LEGO, film, tap, classic rock, and film scores.

#ForNorCal

#KeepTheMemoriesAlive

Front sm

duskdragon98

aka SpySecret12

And three more things I remembered:

1. BRIT-FUFF-FUFF 4EVER!

2. I loved Loot, too - THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MAKING A SEQUEL! I CAN'T WAAAAAAAAAAIT!

3. Thank you SO MUCH for the dedication! It meant a lot and it was really special, especially since it was coming from a 39 Clues author that's come from the Clue Hunt to Doublecross. So THANK YOU!!!!!!!

• Posted at:

Sunshine

Yup, a dude (nick)named Sunshine! I guess I brighten people's days.

Imma:

Janus

Ravenclaw

Jedi

Whovian

Avenger

IRL, I'm a 16 y/o Christian astrophysicist who loves LEGO, film, tap, classic rock, and film scores.

#ForNorCal

#KeepTheMemoriesAlive

Front sm

softballkitten12

Branch: Tomas

#Carian

• Posted at:

I am Reyna 

This too shall pass”

Front sm

softballkitten12

Give me a,hhnt...is The out cast graces husband

• Posted at:

I am Reyna 

This too shall pass”

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Sunshine, thanks for asking about the ring spear. I was very curious about that, too, but forgot to ask! George

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

"Fight the good fight

of the faith. Take hold

before many witnesses." 

Front sm

inkforest13

aka ClassifiedEvil4

Yes, I am really curious about the ring spear. I can't quite picture the logistics of it, as it seems the ring in the middle wouldn't allow for quite the spin that a ring on the end would. And what is the exact launching process?

• Posted at:

You're a cherry blossom

You're about to bloom

You look so pretty

But you're gone so soon

Front sm

catchingmischievous6

aka AquaAgent691

I honestly was so excited to see Sinead and her fabulous brothers. I have been waiting a whole mini series for a single reference to them other than "Debbi Ann's a StArLing??!" So happy to see that Sinead and her brothers have found their happy place, even though I kind of wanted her to reunite and have a few words with Amy and Dan. I mean, they kind of just disappeared off of the face of the earth to become hippies. I really hope that Sinead will learn to forgive herself. Obviously she's not as forgetting of the past as she wishes if she's naming herself after Benedict Arnold. So cool to finally learn what happened to those three, though.

I also loved when Dan finished his exploration with Dr. Jeff and he came back to the others to be all cute and dweeby about his educational experience. It really was a throwback for me to when he was eleven and always geeking out about learning Wushu with Shaolin monks. 

And last but certainly not least, who couldn't enjoy Ian Kabra's accidental flash in front of the entirety of the family's most powerful and respected leaders? I bet his boxers have British flag print on them. 

Kat

• Posted at:

KAT 

GRYFFINDOR 

JANUS

MADRIGAL

DAWTA OF THAT APOLLO DUDE

I'm secretly Hannah Montana :o

Front sm

bookwormlibrary68

Miss Jude thanks for writing Mission Titanic!! it was awesome. you are my most favourite author!

i would like to ask you a few questions. here they are:

~Was it your idea while writing the book to bring Amy and Dan back into Cahill business?

~When does mission hindenburg release?

~Do you get to choose the disaster you want to write about?

~Sarwat Chadda seems to be hinting that he will kill amy/dan/ian/cara/hamilton/jonah or nearly all. you like

it if he does that? what will you do?

~what will you do if Sarwat Chadda makes the outcast win?

Hope you answer these questions. i will be waiting.

~Jane

• Posted at:

~Jane Cahill

Protector Of Peace

"The female of the species is more deadlier than the male."

"Rebellions are BUILT on hope." 

"Fight for those who cannot fight for themselves."

#TaylorSwift

#Daydreamer

#WorldPeace

My C-Mail: /142546

Front sm

athenaposeidon204

Hi, I have not had a chance to read the book yet. I really need to catch up, haha. I've been unable to go to the library for over seven months. 

I heard about Ian being held at gunpoint ad I needed to ask- why?!! Just, NOOOO!! 

i heard about him flashing his boxers too; I couldn't stop laughing. 

So I was wondering how you found inspiration to write this book. I'm going to be a best selling author someday, so I really wanted to know. 

Also, whose idea was it to being Amy and Dan back in? (I heard about that too. I am REALLY behind!)

• Posted at:

I am a:-Christian-Daughter of Athena, Poseidon, Hades and a Hunter of Artemis-Writer-My name? Leanna. PERCABETH/AMIAN!!!

Front sm

sunrisesilver15

I LOVED Mission Titanic! 

Did you listen to any music while writing the book? Also, did you decide which disasters to write the DoubleCross books about, or did you and the other authors collaborate to choose the disasters? 

I thought it was pretty cool how the riddle could work for both the Halifax Harbor explosion AND the sinking of the Titanic. And near the end of the book, I liked how you added all of that suspense for both the Cahills on the Titanic II and Sammy and Nellie. Overall, the book was AWESOMESAUCE :-)

• Posted at:

Inara

Courage is one thing that no one can ever take away from you.

We are the choices we make.

And have to make.

We aren't anything else.

Front sm

dolphinblue6672

I loved Doublecross Misson Titanic. My favorite part was when the Outcast was first introduced. It was just so cool.I think this is going to be the best series ever. I think the Outcast isn't Nathan Hartford but related to him.

• Posted at:

Front sm

pizzared366

i havent read it yet but i own it

• Posted at:

Front sm

bluedolphin7798

WAIT HOW OLD IS EVERYONE IN THE 39 CLUES?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?

• Posted at:

Are you in love with the 39 clues?

YES I AM!!!!

Who is your favorite charcter from the 39 clues?

Amy cahill

What is your favorite book from the 39 clues?

Trust no one

Do you trust no one?

I never ever trust no one.

Front sm

skychicken25

OMG I tots loved when Ian's pants fell down. Talk about embarrassing. When is next book coming out?

• Posted at:

Front sm

footballlion191

I think Ian would make a GREAT leader! He's a Lucian.*wvil smile*

• Posted at:

When the world is upside down, you're  right side up. The meaning of the world has been pured out like a can of soda! Cry, world, cry! Weep till the end of our days. :D 

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Mrs. Watson - another question. Do you decide what the book clues should be or does someone else do that? I'm not talking about which type of code to use, I'm just asking if YOU came up with the clues: (invisi ink) "Moscow," "Ekats rule, others drool," and "Beatrice is key."

So, what happened to Nellie and Sammy, huh? I think that the Chens found them. Probably Patricia Oh and/or Alek Spasky is there with them. That would make the situation worse.

Their only hope now would be Mabel. She is smart and cunning and must be very disappointed in her parents. Mabel will do all she can to help Sammy and Nellie and the other Cahills will as well.

I'm wondering if that means the rescue process will happen quickly or be drawn out so that the Cahill kids have to deal with the rescue at the same time they deal with stopping the Hindenburg from catching fire and killing people. 

Sammy and Nellie better get married sometime during the Doublecross series after all they have been through together!!!

I am also liking Jonah and Hamilton more than before. They got better in the last book, Flashpoint, but most especially in THIS book, so thank you for that. I guess they all are finally "growing up," and that's awesome to see!

Thanks once again, George =)

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

"Fight the good fight

of the faith. Take hold

before many witnesses." 

Front sm

fogphoenix14

aka BullAdept28

I LOVED MISSION TITANIC!!!! The only thing I didn't like was how you wrote Nellie to use the "p" word. But other than that, it was awesome!!! 

Yes, I actually do think Ian will make a tremendous Cahill leader.

Carian is a thing. If those two dont end together, I may cry.

My favorite part was any scene with Alek in it (new favorite 39 clues villain) and the scene where everybody was seasick.

So, Miss Watson, how exactly did you come up with Alek?

• Posted at:

I am Stephen

Proud Christian

Carian!

Ravenclaw

Bakugan Battle Brawler

I am the mighty Dragon Wizard of the Lemon Guild!

"'Timey, wimey?' Do we have to talk like babies?" --The War Doctor

Aaron and Seira FOREVER!

Shipping etiquette @ /87728

#RememberSkylar

Front sm

cleverelf131

The Outcast is an Ekat, if that helps narrow down the search.

• Posted at:

I Am Jade Carnagi

Proud Lucian

Ambassador for the 39 Clues Council

My gang!!!

Riley 157

Wren 178

Callum 22

Adina 39

Remember Emerald

Remember Mimi

NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS, WHEN IT FEELS LIKE NO ONE CARES, THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE THAT DOES

Front sm

jadeelf89

aka EagleBreeze24

Mission Titanic was simply amazing, the best book I've read since the Clue Hunt! How did you come up with the awesome character of Alek Spasky? Will we be seeing more of Vikram Kabra, since he was kind of a mystery in the other books? :D :D :D 

• Posted at:

Front sm

Jude Watson

aka Jude Watson

DOGYELLOW583: Is there more evidence for T39C being real than against it being real? Or is it the other way around? 

JW:  DOGYELLOW583, you are a very clever person.  That is an extremely interesting and sly question which I cannot answer.  You are undoubtedly clever enough to know this.

SHYRAINBOW5: Mission Titanic WAS awesomesauce!! Thank you for dedicating it to "all the clue hunters on the message boards"!

I do think Ian will make a great leader. Great leaders are made, not born. His mother usurped Ian's ability to lead when she was alive. Amy became the leader after The Clue Hunt and did kind of learn to be a leader due to The Clue Hunt, but then she became kind of whacked out during Unstoppable, which wasn't Amy's fault and that shouldn't have happened. I think the others are pulling for Ian to be a great leader. Amy is biting her tongue. Ham was encouraging him. Cara was semi-harassing him toward better leadership. It will bring him down a notch in his own eyes and appreciate the leader Amy was and he will want to be as good of a leader, and better, than Amy was. I believe that in the end, Carian will be the leadership of the Cahills/Madrigals for anything else that should arise post-Doublecross!

I think it's way too convenient that EVERYTHING points to Nathaniel Hartford. Why would the team that created the "mission" reveal everything with the release of the first book? It would take the fun out of the next three books. So, it has to be a red herring - or "red snapper" to make Saladin happy! 

JW:   First of all, SHYRAINBOW5, I was super psyched when Scholastic approached me to tell the next part of the Cahill story, and I knew IMMEDIATELY that I wanted to dedicate the book to the message board fans, because ALL of us on The 39 Clues team think that you guys are made of double awesomesauce.   

I love your analysis of Ian!  Probably because it’s just what I think!  High five!  Ian came to respect Amy but I think he always suspected (in his Ian way) that he could do a better job as leader.  (Maybe all Lucians feel this way!)  It’s a whole other thing when you have to step in and actually do the job.  And I agree—I think everyone is really pulling for him.  He has to take on the role without worrying about his own performance all the time.  As Cara pointed out to him, he has to stop looking in the mirror.

As for who the Outcast is, I cannot speculate. Sometimes the obvious is true.  Sometimes it isn’t.  That’s what makes a mystery.

ANALYZINGWIZARD7: I hope Alec Spasky realizes that his sister sacrificed herself for Amy and Dan, and turns good. 

JW:  Hi, ANALYZINGWIZARD7!  I always hope that villains will turn around and do the right thing… but they rarely do!  If Alek does learn the true story of Irina’s sacrifice, he’ll either feel contempt… or it will make him think.  I don’t know right now which way he’d go…

RACOONWAVE4: This book was amazing!

How did you research Antarctica?

What was your favorite part?

WHO IS THE OUTCAST??? Could it be Grace's husband?

JW:  Thank you, RACOONWAVE4, and I’m so glad you asked that question. I absolutely loved doing the research on Antarctica!  I’ve never been, and never knew anyone who had. So I went to the library and checked out some terrific books, and I searched the Web.  There are tons and tons of great articles and photographs available.  I also searched through lots of travel blogs, because I think it’s super helpful to get first-hand accounts from people who aren’t scientists or explorers or journalists.  I also watched a documentary, which allowed me to get as close as I could to that wind and knife-edge cold as well as the amazing colors and sounds and sights.   

Whenever I think of favorite parts in MISSION TITANIC, it’s always the times where everything seems lost, but our gang figures out a way to escape.  I especially liked breaking out of a summer station in Antarctica by tipping it over so it broke like an egg.  How cool is that? 

You know I can’t answer who the Outcast is.  I’m in enough trouble with the Cahills already for telling their stories to the world.  They aren’t entirely comfortable with the exposure, you know.

FAIRYUNICORN507: Do you ship Carian?

JW:  With apologies to all those Amy and Ian ships out there, I do! Think about it, FAIRYUNICORN507--  they could make an amazing team, if Ian can learn some  humility.  I’m not sure how patient Cara is, or how long she’ll wait.  But I’m rooting for them.

DREAMTIMEHEROINE2: Who did you enjoy writing about the most? 

JW:  DREAMTIMEHEROINE2, by this time, I love all the Cahills, so telling their stories is the most fun ever.  But in each series I get to write about new villains, and that is huge fun as well.  In DOUBLECROSS I get to introduce Alek Spasky and I have a feeling he is going to surprise us again and again.   

Confession:  I also have a soft spot for Mabel Chen.  I think she’ll grow up to be a great Cahill agent.

DUSKDRAGON98: 1. BRIT-FUFF-FUFF 4EVER!

2. I loved Loot, too - THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MAKING A SEQUEL! I CAN'T WAAAAAAAAAAIT!

3. Thank you SO MUCH for the dedication! It meant a lot and it was really special, especially since it was coming from a 39 Clues author that's come from the Clue Hunt to Doublecross. So THANK YOU!!!!!!!

JW:  You are welcome for all of those things, DUSKDRAGON98!  You’re the reason the 39C Team keeps telling the unfolding Cahill story.  Everyone on the message boards gets heard, and we’re so grateful for your participation!   And thank you for reading LOOT.  I’m sure March, Jules and the gang appreciate it.  They’re in a spot of trouble right now, so you’ll have to excuse me.  I have to get back to them!

BOOKWORMLIBRARY68:

Miss Jude thanks for writing Mission Titanic!! it was awesome. you are my most favourite author!

i would like to ask you a few questions. here they are:

~Was it your idea while writing the book to bring Amy and Dan back into Cahill business?

~When does mission hindenburg release?

~Do you get to choose the disaster you want to write about?

~Sarwat Chadda seems to be hinting that he will kill amy/dan/ian/cara/hamilton/jonah or nearly all. you like

it if he does that? what will you do?

~what will you do if Sarwat Chadda makes the outcast win?

JW:  Thank you for the compliment, BOOKWORMLIBRARY68!  I appreciate it so much.   The answer to your first question is that when I started talking to my editor at Scholastic about the story, we tossed around lots of ideas, but one thing that I think we both knew from the beginning was that Amy and Dan had to come back. The trouble was just too big. Ian clearly needed help, and they wouldn’t turn away.  No matter what, they are on Team Cahill.  So I would say that nobody really made that decision, we just knew it, because we know Amy and Dan so well.

Mission Hindenburg will be released on July 28.  And I can’t wait to see what C. Alexander London is going to come up with!

Yes, I did get to choose the disaster.  I’ve always been fascinated by the story of the Titanic, so I was super excited from the beginning.

Sarwat Chadda had better move to an undisclosed location if he kills any of my kids.   Oh wait, he already lives in an undisclosed location. As a brand-new Cahill agent, I hear he’s brilliant, fiendish, and secretive.  I’ve already warned him to keep my kids alive.  Or I’ll have to go underground and plot my revenge…

SUNRISESILVER15:

I LOVED Mission Titanic! 

Did you listen to any music while writing the book? Also, did you decide which disasters to write the DoubleCross books about, or did you and the other authors collaborate to choose the disasters? 

I thought it was pretty cool how the riddle could work for both the Halifax Harbor explosion AND the sinking of the Titanic. And near the end of the book, I liked how you added all of that suspense for both the Cahills on the Titanic II and Sammy and Nellie. Overall, the book was AWESOMESAUCE :-)

JW: Thank you!  It’s totally weird that you would ask that question, SUNRISESILVER15.  I never listen to music while writing, I find it too distracting.  However!  While writing Mission Titanic, I created a “movie soundtracks” station.  The music was dramatic and stirring and just HUGE, and perfect for a story about terrible betrayals and huge disasters.  I found the experience really fun, and I’m in the process of creating a playlist for the sequel to LOOT.  Guess where I got this tip?  From Cahill agent Patrick Carman!

• Posted at:

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Wow, Thank you Ms. Watson for answering my questions! I really enjoyed reading the answers to all of the questions! You are quintuple and 1/4 awesomesauce, too! (You get that reference, right?)

Thanks so very much, George =)

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

"Fight the good fight

of the faith. Take hold

before many witnesses." 

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

Thank you so much for answering my question!!! : D

I love the new character Mabel and I can't wait to read more about her!

• Posted at:

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." ~ C.S. Lewis 

~Monica Cahill~                 1 John 4:10 

"Fantasy reveals what reality obscures."

#ENDSLAVERY

1 , , 3 , 4