Front sm

fearlessdragon920

Branch: Janus

Jem's PoV:

"Caught ya!"

"Whaaaoof!"

I was now slightly dazed, but recovered quickly. "Get off me you idiot! Are you trying to get me killed!?" I yelled in a whisper.

My eyes widened a bit as I recognized my attacker. "It's you."

"You bet it's me. Give me back my stuff!" 

"Shhh! Quiet down! Do you want them to know we're here?" I scolded.

"Who? The people your stalking? I don't care! Give me my stuff!"

"Ugh! Here take it! And I'm not stalking them."

"What else do you call following someone at a medium distance by climbing though trees without them knowing? Hey! This isn't everything you stole!"

"Ok, you seriously needed some punctuation in that first statement. Of course it's not everything I used most of the stuff I borrowed. And I call it...innoccently lurking in the shadows."

"You didn't borrow it!"

"I just gave it back didn't I?"

"After taking it without asking, and using two of my guards as punching bags!"

"Shhh!" 

"Oh, they already know we're here!"

"How do you know?"

"'Cause they're running straight at us."

I turned around just in time to see a staff swinging at my face.

I didn't have time to react, and I went down HARD. Slamming my head against a tree that was behind me.

The girl wasted no time twirling her staff around and jabbing it into Mr. Goody Two-Shoes's stomach. He also went down.

"Who are you people?" She demanded.

I attempted to answer, but was having a hard enough time staying conscious. And Goody was still trying to pull some air into his lungs.

I tried to bring something into focus. I managed to get a glance at the girl, she almost looked concerned, but then again, she also seemed to have three heads.

Goody recovered first.

"My name is"-deep breath- "Chase"-deep breath- "his name's"-deep breath- "Jem." Chase took one more deep breath before continuing. He thrust an accusing finger at me. "And he's a low down, no good, rotten, thievin, stalking, lying-"

"Bacstabber?" A voice from behind finished.

Everyone looked up.

I forced my eyes to focus in on the form twenty feet away.

"Macai!" I exclaimed before I could stop myself. 

I attempted to sit up, but only managed to arrange myself in an even less comfortable position.

Macai glared at me.

I knew what was coming, yelling, screaming, blaming, a few daggers, the usual.

She shifted her gaze to Willow. "What are they doing here?" 

"They?" Willow asked. "So you know them?"

"She knows me," Chase inserted. "I helped her defeat Ubel." He smiled.

"Yeah, I have no idea who you are Spiky."

Chase 's hair was sticking out all over with a few leaves in it from when he knocked me out of the tree.

Willow let out a small giggle, but swiftly covered her mouth in a failed attempt to hide her grin.

Chase didn't know that his hair was sticking up and was quite confused.

"Um, actually my name's Chase, I believe you called me, George? You know on that flying ship thingy?"

"Oh, you. Ok, so I do know that one."

"That means they're friends then?" Willow said relaxing.

"No." Macai said dryly. "They are the exact opposite and I want to know what they are doing here."

I pushed myself onto my feet.

"I can't speak for Spike, but I'm here for you." I said.

"That's so cute!" Willow whispered to Chase.

I ignored her, and prepared to get pelted with accusations from Macai.

Macai tilted her chin higher. "Then your wasting your time."

I was taken slightly aback at how calm she was.

"I disagree. I-I owe you an apology. For pinning you as the-" Macai turned her head away, which I took as a sign to skip over details. "-For- for everything really. I was wrong," I took a deep breath, this was the hardest part. "Will you for-"

"Stop." Macai ordered. 

"But-"

"No. I don't want to hear it. I don't care-"

"But I do." I cut her off. "I need to say this."

"No, you need to leave." 

Macai was dead calm, which was the complete opposite of what I expected. She can be scary when she's yelling at you, but this...this was down right terrifying. The fact that she should be blowing up at me, but instead is keeping her cool. The fact she's so mad that she won't even yell at me. 

I found myself floundering slightly, how do I deal with this?

"Not until I'm finished." I said gathering my courage.

"Your finished. You've been finished ever since I left you on that ship."

"Look, I know I hurt you, but all I want is a chance." I said starting to get desperate.

"I don't care."

"But-"

"I don't care."

"At least hear my offer-"

"No."

"Please, I-I have a ship."

"I don't care."

"I can take you where ever you want to go-"

"I. Don't. Care."

"It'd be free."

Willow, who had been following along with the conversation, perked up at that. "Free? Macai you can't say no to that."

"I can, and I will." Macai said stubbornly.

"Be reasonable. That wad of cash isn't going to last forever, and besides where else can we find someone who will take us Jachi?"

"Willow! You A) told him where we're headed, and B) are not part of this conversation." Macai snapped.

"We need transportation." Willow argued.

"We don't need it from a criminal!"

"Your practically a criminal! And besides he doesn't look that bad."

"Look," I interjected. "I'd stay out of your way, you wouldn't even know I was there. And as soon as you were no longer in need of my services, I'm gone."

"Forever?" Macai asked, raising her eyebrow.

"Ah...y-yes, for...ever." I said stumbling over my words. 

"Then...No." Macai stated.

"What? Why not?" I said mystified."

"I think you know the answer to that."

"Macai I'm trying to help!"

"I don't want your help."

"Can't you at least give me a chance!" I said, my anger rising.

"No!"

"Why not!" I yelled.

"Because you have no part in my life anymore James!" Macai exploded.

Those words hit me like a punch to the gut, I actually stumbled back a pace. 

Well, I had succeeded. I got her to yell at me...what an accomplishment.

But James? I couldn't believe it...she actually called me James.

"C'mon Macai, that's...please call me Jem."

"Why? I thought you prefered James, James?"

"You know that's just an act, please Macai, call me Jem." I pleaded.

Macai turned away.

"All I want is a chance to try to be...good." 

Willow looked me in the eyes. "Do you mean that?"

I held her gaze. "Yes."

She walked over to Macai. They spoke quietly for a minute before Macai turned back toward me.

"We will accept your offer...James." She held my eye for a second before whipping around and walking away.

I let out a breath. That could of gone a lot better.

Willow turned to Chase. "You can come to...You know, if-if you want."

"Well...I was planning to head back to my medical clinic, but...I guess I could take a small break from that and come along." Chase smiled.

Willow smiled in return. "Great. C'mon our stuff is this way."

I rolled my eyes at them, and ended up looking at the spot where Macai had been standing.

I sighed. I had a lot of work ahead of me.

~Macai

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

~M.N.

Front sm

midnightdragon211

aka AgentUnlocking93

Branch: Lucian

Thanks everyone for keeping this going. 

A little update to tell you what's up.

I chose to relax on the holidays instead of writing, but the good news is I'm working on the new story update and I already have a good amount. I could post the part I have right now, but I'd rather complete it and have a big update to compensate for my lack of content. This new post will probably develop the story and the characters more, the reason I keep a slow development is so the story doesn't seem rushed. I also want to get done with some of the character side-plots, I mostly focus on Neferit's PoV because it's the least fun to write and I want to get it over with as soon as possible. Thankfully, I balance it out with Krista's side-plot which is a lot more fun and can't wait to show everyone where it goes.

Keon's sideplot is so-so. I think it's been planned well but the tough part is writing all the in-between.

Angel's sideplot is one of my favorites and since it will be the in-between for this and the next arc I save it for later. Finally, he has a bigger role in the story. :P

I also really like all the Alpha Fighters, and the backstories I have thought up for each of them. Orion complicates things a bit though since I'm not sure what his personality is yet and I don't know what his relationship is with the other characters. So that's something on my To-Do List...

Ekon is basically done...Maybe I'll do one more PoV for him if I feel like it, but his side-plot is pretty much finished and is ready for the next arc...But he may not be in it...Who knows what my evil little brain has in store? >:)

Who else...

I think I mentioned how Maria won't be showing up for a while. Maybe I mention what she's been up to at some point...But don't get your hopes up. She was the main star in the last arcs so let's give her some rest and have the others take the spotlight. ;P

Dante and Collin...I don't have much planned for them right now. They're going to have a bigger role later on. Maybe I'll try to develop their backstories from what I got from Krista's tips and foreshadowings.

I don't think Xavier will ever make a comeback...

And Jacob won't be mentioned for a while since he has a much bigger role later on...

I think that's everyone. Just thought I'd update you on some of my thoughts and plans while you wait for my update.

I know I'm SUPER late but please bear with me.

I'll try and have the update up by the end of this week. 

See ya! 

• Posted at:

Quote of January:

"I try not to procrastinate but chilling is too much fun."

-MBer

-Keyblade Wielder

-Pokemon Trainer

-Reader and Gamer

-Anime fan

-Animator to become

~AngelTheWeirdStranger

Front sm

ambersnow38

Okie Dokie!

*Tackle hugs Macai, Allie and Angel*

• Posted at:

Reese

Maybe the journey isn’t so much about becoming anything. Maybe it’s about unbecoming everything that isn’t really you, so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place. 

#TeamBiancaandPetra

#IChooseHappy

家族

Front sm

teamruby28

Branch: Ekaterina

Wow,this has come a long way! I'lll try to get in a few povs later tomorrow.

• Posted at:

Allie's mobile account

Front sm

silverwolf6702

Alvera

Despite this village being one of the closest towns to the base, and one of the larger ones in the area, didn't have a name. Well, it wasn't uncommon for a few hidden villages. . . However, most people in the area call this village Pyre Leaf due to the colors of the tree in the autumn. I stepped out of a small clearing of trees, my eyes catching the main gate several yards away.

The buildings were made out of a cobblestone, most of them two or one stories tall. On any given day, a thick cloud of smoke hangs over the village, though not like a normal village. Pyre Leaf was a tanning village, for the most part. Though there were a few well known blacksmiths here too, not just in Riafr, but in the world. And that was my goal, to stop by the blacksmiths.

I walked up to the front gate, thankful that I chose my casual outfit; tan shorts, dark green tank top, boots, a grey scarf and a gold mask that I hid underneath my scarf. When I got to the front gate, a guard stood up right.

" Who goes there," he called out.

I raised my hands in defense," Look, I'm just a traveler. I dropped my weapons for repair almost two weeks ago, and I am here to pick up-"
   " WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!? A rough voice barked somewhere. Walking through the gate was a familiar person. The man was a guardsman, but he was one of the captains. BASICALLY, long story short, I just "helped" out the village. Captain walked up to the other guard.

The solider blinked," I, uh- questioning-"

" Well, I suppose." The Captain rubbed his head and sighed. " Sorry Ally, this guy is new."

" It's alright," I said. "It's partially my fault. I haven't visited in awhile."

" I'm actually glad you are here, the village here has a bit of a problem," the Captain said. He turned his back and walked into the village. I followed him underneath the gate and into the village. Despite having his back towards me, I could hear him whispering things underneath his breath.

" How well do you know Ocalant?"

(part 1)

• Posted at:

Allie

INFP~ The Mediator

Front sm

fearlessdragon920

Tyvia's PoV:

This was ridiculous. It had been a week since I had allowed Neo to guide me to the portal that would take me to Nebula Mundi and we hadn't found it yet. We were still in the outskirts of the jungle, though I wasn't sure why,and every time I asked about it he said it was a shortcut.

It was an awful long shortcut.

My thoughts were interrupted by laughter, and surprisingly it wasn't Neo's this time. I glanced over to see children playing not to far off.

My anger boiled up, and this time I let it spill out.

"Children! Are you kidding me Neo! Children are playing out here! That's how non dangerous it is! Children!"

"Relax." Neo started to smooth talk, again. "Like I've said before, this is a shortcut,  a much safer way to get to our destination."

"Nebula Mundi." I said half questioning, half confirming.

"Of course." He confirmed.

I glared at the back of his head for a moment, not entirely believing him.

He glanced back at me. "Don't you trust me?" He smirked .

"That was a stupid question."

"Oh C'mon, I'm going out of my way to keep you safe, doesn't that count for somthing?"

"Neo, we are not having this conversation again."

"We never finish this conversation!"

"Because it's a pointless conversation."

"I don't see how."

"Neo, we're done talking about it."

"But-" Neo was suddenly cut off by monster that jumped out of the brush. "Waagh!" Neo yelped falling over.

It looked like some type of mutated fox. It was about the normal size of a regular fox, but with distinct differences, multiple rows of teeth, giant claws, and crazy looking eyes. 

Neo struggled to keep his head on as it clawed and bit at his neck. He did his best to push the creature off of him, but was at a disadvantage being weapon-less. 

"Little help?" He grunted.

"Your doing fine." I said. 

The creature slashed at his face, catching his cheek. He hollered in pain. "No I'm really not!" He said managing to grab the monsters jaws prying them open, and pushing them away from his face.

"Your not dead." I pointed out.

The fox managed to escape his grasp, and tried to tear his throat out. "Yet!" He struggled. "Can I at least have one of my daggers!?"

" Um, no way. This could be a trick, I'm not taking any chances." 

"You think I set myself up to get killed, just to get my weapons back?!" He yelled.

"You might have." I said stubbornly.

"That's ridiculous!" 

"Not from my prospective."

Neo's PoV:

I saw the teeth flying toward my face.

"Ahhh!" I hollered as the disgusting creature managed to clamp down on my ear.

Blood in my eyes, and palms full of sweat, I struggled to fight this creature. 

The monster managed to scratch just above my eyebrow, increasing the blood hindering my vision.

Despite what Tyvia thought, I wasn't going to last much longer.

"Tyvia please!" I pleaded.

She hesitated, but seemed to detect the desperation in my voice and tossed me a dagger.

I snatched it up and slashed at the fox, killing it in one stroke and throwing it off me.

I laid there for a minute, staring at the tree tops, stunned. Slowly, I sat up, still stunned, and stared blankly at Tyvia, who also seemed a bit shocked. I glanced down and realized not only were my hands shaking, but my breath was shaky as well.

All of a sudden the faze lifted...and was replaced with anger.

"'Your doing fine!? '" I raged. "'Not from my perspective!? Are you kidding me! You'd have to be blind to not see I was losing!"

"I was being cautious!" Tyvia defended herself.

"No, you were being carless! I bet you were trying to get me killed, weren't you!"

"I would do no such thing!"

" Oh, sure. You probably knew that thing would attack me, you distracted me with all that pointless chatter and stole my weapons, so you could catch me by surprise with that low rank monster!"

"Your the one who started the conversation, and that monster would have done just as much damage even if you had had your weapon." 

"I don't get beaten by class 1 monsters! You- you-"

Tyvia raised her chin, and narrowed her eyes slightly, in a 'I dare you to finish' gesture. 

I shoved my anger aside.

Standing to my feet, I held the dagger out to her. "Here." I said still biting my tongue as I fought to stay calm and revive my good guy attitude.

Tyvia shook her head. "Keep it." She said reluctantly. 

I was genuinely surprised. "Seriously?" I asked, incredulous.

"Do you want me to take it back?"

"Uh, no! No! I was just taken aback. Why the change of heart?" I questioned.

She sighed. "We will most likely be facing a lot more monsters the further in we go, you'll need someway to defend yourself." She looked me over, then let out another sigh. "Sit down," 

"What?"

"Sit down." She repeated patiently.

"But why?"

" Oh, for goodness sake. Would you just sit down so I can clean you up? " 

"Why would you do that?" 

" Well, for one thing, your a mess. You couldn't see five feet in front of your face. For another thing you'll attract more monsters."

I wasn't quite sure how to respond. "It's ok, I can see fine, and there aren't any monsters to attract anyway. Besides, we really need to move on." I turned around to start walking and nearly ran into a tree. I spun around in a evasive maneuver, and caught a comical look from Tyvia while doing it. I ignored it and stepped forward. My foot hit something and the next thing I knew I was face first in the grass.

I looked up. "Maybe cleaning my face off isn't such a bad idea."

I looked up to see Tyvia, who has previously been holding in her laughter, doubled over laughing.

"You should of seen yourself! You just went flomp!" She said smacking her hands together for emphasis.

I grinned at her, I had done it. I had gotten her to smile, not only that, but I got her to laugh also.

Then she seemed to catch herself and remembered she was mad at me. But despite her efforts to remain serious, that smile was still trying to peek out.

I love that smile.

~Macai 

• Posted at:

~M.N.

Front sm

ambersnow38

Posting soon!

• Posted at:

Reese

Maybe the journey isn’t so much about becoming anything. Maybe it’s about unbecoming everything that isn’t really you, so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place. 

#TeamBiancaandPetra

#IChooseHappy

家族

Front sm

ambersnow38

Charisse:

After telling my tale, we ended up talking for awhile. He told me how his training was going and we both talked about how we thought everyone was doing. But soon the conversation turned to how I was going to get back. It was that we didn't enjoy each other's company. It was just that leaving Eli on an island full of people with a bunch of magic/alchemy books was probably not a good idea. Especially if he had some sudden impulse to do something.

So, Yutu walked me to the harbor where I was able to procure transport back to Jachi. Before I left, though, Yutu gave me a letter from my mother. How she knew he was in Dragonia was something neither he nor I could understand.

A couple of hours later, it was night and I was one of the few people still awake. So I walked around the deck for a bit before sitting down, pulling out my letter and starting to read.

Dearest,

Your Father and I are worried for you. We haven't heard from you in quite some time and, after all that has happened, we fear the worst.

Sometimes it's scary how much you act like your sister. But it is also a comfort, knowing you will not do anything too reckless.

If you do get this letter we implore you to respond. Please. We need to know that you are okay.

Much Love,

Mum & Dad

I sighed and put the letter away. They never mentioned her unless they were really, truly scarred.

I guess I should write them back........
But what would you say? You left without telling them. You've betrayed their trust.

No, I didn't. Well maybe I did but it's not like this is the first time this has happened.

Exactly.

.........Oh.......

I sat back and sighed. This was going to be a long night.

• Posted at:

Reese

#TeamBiancaandPetra

#IChooseHappy

家族

Front sm

silverwolf6702

Alvera

I crossed my hands behind my head as I followed Captain through the crowds. " Well, I grew up there," I said casually. He simply nodded as he raised a hand to his mouth, and created a quiet sign. I nodded and kept any attempt for a conversation to myself. It was fit... to talk business in the streets. Ironically, the locals thought it was bad luck that someone might over hear you... they had no idea. A few minutes later, I was lead to a grand two story building.  Inside, I was lead through until we got to some sort of office on the second floors. I sat down at one of the chairs, and the Captain sat at his desk, or I assumed so. 

Man! He got a cool desk... all the "special treatment" the executives got a room to theirself, unless they were related, like my brothers. Captain picked up a pen and pulled a piece of paper closer, then he looked up.

" I'm just going to ask some questions, and can you answer them?"
   " Sure! " If the Captain was going to send me on a mission, it makes since that he would ask me questions.

He cleared his throat," Which area?"

" I moved around a lot, but I usually stayed in northern Ocalant."

" ... how North are we talking about?"

" Easily a few days travel from the largest northern city. " The Captain whistled as he tapped the pen against his chin.

He said," Sorry about that... this mission, is far up north. To the point where it dangerous for someone to live up there if they didn't know the area." 

" Well, what do you want me to do?"

The Captain added," My police department has a contact in Ocalant, a very skilled alchemist." Oh no...

" And I need you to escort him here. His name is Matthew, it shouldn't be hard to find him."

" No... problem." Oh great... this will be awkward. Oh man... if Freya found out.

• Posted at:

Allie

INFP~ The Mediator

Front sm

silverwolf6702

Teleport

• Posted at:

Allie

INFP~ The Mediator

Front sm

ambersnow38

Bump!

Hi Allie!!

• Posted at:

Reese

#TeamBiancaandPetra

#IChooseHappy

家族

Front sm

silverwolf6702

Sup

• Posted at:

Allie

INFP~ The Mediator

Front sm

ambersnow38

Eh.......The sky. What's up with you?

• Posted at:

Reese

#TeamBiancaandPetra

#IChooseHappy

家族

Front sm

silverwolf6702

Homework and the usual school jazz.

• Posted at:

Allie

INFP~ The Mediator

Front sm

silverwolf6702

Kohl

The cobblestone blockade broke and shattered, though the floor slightly crumbling, making the are a bit more unstable. Even though I covered my mouth, the thin dust in the air made me cough. Waving his hand in front of his face, Dominique gave a short whistled as he examined the remains.

" Wow," he said. " If you didn't control yourself, you could probably have brought down the entire building.

"  But I did control myself."

" Doesn't look like it," my brother pointed out. The two of us had to move carefully in order not to fall in any holes. When we were safe, I resumed my conversation.

" I like to believe strength and power are two different things."

Dominique leaned his head to the side.

" Strength, to me, feels more... wild, uncontrolled, and reckless. Power is knowing where to put pressure and how much. Besides, being powerful sounds a lot cooler then being reckless."

" I cannot argue with that." And with that, the two of us went up the stairs to look for the last chapter.

• Posted at:

Allie

INFP~ The Mediator

Front sm

fearlessdragon920

Macai's PoV:

I repeatedly slammed my revolver against the table top. "Stupid. Unwieldy. Mechanism!"  I yelled throwing it across the room, just as someone entered.

We were on the Jem's friend's ship, or, more accurately, Jem's acquaintance who was being bribed to let us use his ship. We had been on the vessel for a little more than a week and the weather has stayed pretty consistent, partly cloudy with a steady breeze. I was in the captain's quarters, which Jem had managed to more or less rent for me and Willow, while the others slept below deck. 

I glared up at the ceiling. "Not now Willow." I sighed, bringing my eyes back down. "Your not Willow." 

"Afraid not." Jem said, a slight smile touching his lips as he watched me. I knew he was smiling at the fact that I was sitting cross legged on top of the table, instead of in a chair at the table. Why was he so annoying?

He isn't.

"Shut up." I told myself.

"Excuse me?" Jem asked , confused.

I shook my head, dismissing the comment.

"Ok. Well, anyway...What's this?" He picked the revolver off the ground. "Is this a gun?" He shook his head. "Macai, Macai, who knew you had it in you?"

I ignored him.

"You made this all by yourself?" He glanced at me. "This isn't bad, I mean, your triggers a little touchy...and your barrel over there," Jem pointed at the barrel next to me. "Is a little too-" 

"Did I ask you?" I snapped.

"Well, no, but-"

"Do you even remember how to make one?" I interrupted.

"No, but still-"

"Then you have no right to comment. Besides, it's just a prototype, it's going to have flaws."

"I'm just trying-" Jem attempted to explain.

"I don't need your help." 

He opened his mouth to respond, but thought better of it and just nodded. "Alright." He set the weapon in front of me, on the table. "Well I just stopped in to tell you the captain said that, if the weather holds up, well be in the shores of Jachi in no time." Jem reported, smiling.

"Good." I grumbled.

"I thought you'd be excited." He said disappointed.

Sarcastically I said: "Oh, I'm bursting with joy, trust me." 

" I do. " Jem replied.

My head shot up. "What?"

He sensed he had made a mistake. "Ah, oh, I-I meant I can tell...I mean you-your clearly just overflowing with -"

"James, stop." I commanded.

"Yeah, yep. Ok. I'll just...yeah. Bye." 

He stepped out the door.

I stared after him, then suddenly realized I was holding my breath. I quickly let it out. I glanced down at my revolver and picked it up, examining it, playing with it...distracting myself.

I sighed. This was going to be harder then I thought.

Jem's PoV: 

I stepped out of Macai's room and immediately kicked the wall. I was an idiot. I mean stuttering? Really? Since when did I stutter?

I turned to face the wall. I was so stupid! I completely freaked her out, why did I have to say that?

I banged my head against the wall.

Idiot.

Idiot. 

Idiot.

"Whaaaat are you doing?" A voice questioned me from behind.

I stopped hitting my head. "Just checking the density of the wood." I answered, turning around to face Chase. "It's still up to standards." I gave him a thumbs up.

He eyed me suspiciously, then shrugged. "Ok. Is Macai in there? Willow wants her." He said, peeking through the window. "Why's she on top of the table?" 

"Macai has this thing about heights, used to say it helped her think. She was always on top of something." I smiled, remembering.

"That's kinda...odd."

"No one asked you Spike." I said as he knocked on, then opened the door. 

"Oh, hi Spike." Macai greeted.

"I wish you guys would stop calling me that." Chase mumbled entering.

I smirked. "Not gonna happen."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jem's PoV. (A few days later)

I can't believe it! Another fight. Another one! After weeks on the sea we were still fighting! This is ridiculous!

"Hand me that mug!" I demanded.

Startled, Willow fumbled with one of the dirty mugs sitting to one side.

"C'mon! How hard is it to hand me a mug?" I fumed.

"Jem." She said softly.

Seriously! I go though all this trouble to make her a decent meal, not a great meal, we are on a ship, but a decent one. And what does she do? She complains.

"Hand me that plate Willow!" I barked, irritated at her incompetence in handing me dishes.

"Jem, are you alright?" Willow asked tentatively. 

Ha! Jem. That was another thing. Every time she goes on one of her insulting rages she never calls me Jem.

"Je-em" 

Oh, no, she calls me James. James. James. James. Ugh!

"Jem!"

"She's so ornery, like this disgusting, awful..."

"Jem stop. Your going to brake it!"

"...Stubborn food, that won't come off THIS STUPID PLATE!" I yelled, scrubbing vigorously.

"JEM!" Willow screamed. 

"WHAT!?" I boomed.

She seemed about to say something, until she suddenly realized something else. "Did you just call Macai a disgusting, stubborn plate?" Willow asked a bit horrified.

I began scrubbing again, more vehemently then before.

"No, wait. Jem stop, your going to break it, just let it soak in the tub over night." She advised.

"No. I can do it." 

"Jem-"

"I've fought beasts, conquered mazes, survived an entire ship falling on me," I turned to Willow and held the plate up to her face. "Do you really think I'm going to let some silly plate beat me?" I whipped back around to finish scrubbing and, just as luck would have it, the plate slipped out of my hand.

CRASH!!!

"Agh." I clenched my fists in frustration.

"I'll grab something to help clean that up." Willow offered.

"No. I've got it." I said grinding my teeth as I crouched down to pick the glass up off the floor.

Willow insisted. "Let me at least go and find some gloves, or something so you don't cut your hands." 

"Ahhg!" I glared at the blood trickling down my hand, a cut sliced down the middle of my palm at an angle. In my last fit of rage I threw the remaining glass in my hand down, shattering it further. Then placed my head in my now bloody hand in defeat.

I heard Willow leave the room.

Good. I thought.

It wasn't but a few moments later, though, that she reentered the room.

"Alright, get up." She said.

I looked up at her, blood streaked on my face, courtesy of my hand. "Why?" I challenged, noticing a kit in her hand.

"Because I said so, now get up." She said a bit more sternly.

I stood up. "Happy?" 

She pointed to a bench near the wall. "Now go sit on that bench."  

"Why?" I questioned walking over to it.

"Just sit down,"

"But-"

"Sit!" Willow commanded.

I complied, despite myself.

"That's better." She remarked, sitting next to me. " Now, give me your hand...that's it. " Willow soothed as I hesitantly held out my hand to her. "Very good. Now tell me how you and Macai met." 

I pulled my hand away. "I don't do backstorys." I informed her.

She beckoned me with her hand to give her my palm back. "I didn't ask for your backstory, I asked how you meet Macai." Willow clarified. 

I studied her suspiciously for a second.

"C'mon, it's time I know what's going on around here, and since Macai won't tell me I figured you could." She explained, cleaning my wound.

I took a deep breath. "What do you want to know?" I gave in.

"Where did you two meet?"

"Uterpian dungeon." I answered.

Huh, that wasn't so bad. I thought. I mean, a hole didn't open up and swallow me whole, so...

Willow's head shot up. "What? Why?"

"Um..."

She shook her head. "I mean, why were you guys in prison?"

"Well, she was there due to... We'll say unfortunate circumstances, and I was brought there as a souvenir from a village Ubel raided."

"Your home?" Willow hypothesized, starting to clean the drying blood off my face.

"No, more like my first prison." I winced as she touched my face with the cloth...I really didn't like people touching my face.

"How so?" She wondered.

"Well, I was basically the town slave." I stated.

Her hand slipped as I said the last word, right into my eye.

"Ahh! Hey!" I complained.

"Slave! Sorry. Are you sure you aren't exaggerating?"

"Maybe a little," I confessed. "But not by much. I did everything and anything they wanted done, but didn't want to do themselves, and in return received minimum food, clothing, and shelter. Ow! Give me that!" I demanded, snatching the cloth out of her hand.

"Sorry," Willow apologized for a second time. "Where were your parents?" She asked, taking a bandage out of her kit.

"My Mom died when I was still a toddler, and my Dad was killed out hunting for monsters when I was about eight." I explained.

"Oh, how sad."

"Eh, I guess. My Dad wasn't really that great of a parent, and I didn't know my Mom so it wasn't that big of a deal." I half lied.

"And no one would take you in?" Willow said as she carefully wrapped my hand in the bandage.

I snorted. "No. The village we lived in wasn't the best to begin with, and was on a steady downhill desend. Nobody wanted a eight year old boy to feed and deal with," I paused, lost in the past. "But everyone wanted a laborer. It didn't start out so bad, a job here, a job there, nothing significant, but I worked hard and made it by. Then business started picking up, I would work all day, early to late, but I didn't mind because I would have a full stomach and shelter by the end of each day. Life was good," I smiled, remembering. Willow had transferred herself to the floor and begin putting her supplies away.

My smile faded. "Until it wasn't." I stared at my bandaged hand. "I kept getting the same amount of work, but the payments for the tasks slowly diminished. Suddenly I was only getting to eat their leftovers, wear their worn out clothes, and stay in their stables. It was a nightmare..." My voice trailed off.

Willow finished putting the supplies away, and stared at me,

patiently waiting for me to continue.

"So when Ubel raided the village and took me captive, for whatever reason, I didn't see it as being kidnapped...I saw it as being rescued. He swooped in, destroyed those awful people, and whisked me away. And, I don't know, to a twelve year old boy with nothing...it seemed pretty cool.

"I always looked up to him, even though he had his scientists experiment on me and didn't always treated me the best, I at least had plenty of food and a warm shelter...that is when he moved us to the second facility. I guess that's why it was so hard for me to believe that Macai thought he was evil, that I was on the wrong side. From my point of view Ubel was a hero, the Rebels were the ones in the wrong. But..."

I brought myself out of my thoughts, and looked at Willow. "You tricked me." I accused.

"What ever do you mean?" Willow asked innocently.

"Yeah, yeah, right, I'm on to you. You got me to talk, by asking me in a roundabout way. I didn't realize you were so devious."

"Well, I wouldn't go as far as devious, but I can be pretty sneaky when I want to be." Willow laughed. "But I really do want to know about your relationship with Macai. I have the very basics of why it's so strained, but I want the details. I wanna know why she will barely speak to you, and why she seems to hate you so much."

I took a deep breath. "Well, as I said we met in the Uterpian dungeon and became instant friends, mostly because neither of us had had someone our age to hang out with for awhile, Macai had already been there for about three years. Anyway, a short time after I arrived they moved us in to a another facility. It was bigger, we had bunks to sleep on, tables to eat on, and lots of ground to train on...that is, when they started training us. We were both still being experimented on-"

"For Ubel's army of freaks?" Willow interrupted.

"Gee, thanks." I said sarcastically. "Yes, Ubel's army of 'freaks'"

"I knew it." She mumbled.

"Anyways-"

"How'd it work?" Willow questioned.

I glared at her, I hated being interrupted. "If the formula is done correctly it gives you extra strenth, speed, and draws out whatever half-ling you happen to be. There is one main ingredient that makes, or brakes, the entire formula. Too much, it kills you, too little it gives you a small health boost. For the testing they started high on me, while starting low Macai, hoping to meet in the middle somewhere.

"Since the one ingredient is so potent, I ended up sick most of the time, while Macai was perfectly healthy. To get the serum through our system faster, they trained us in various fighting styles with varying weapons. It was ridiculously hard, especially for an eleven and twelve year old, and there was no slacking."

"Harsh." Willow commented. "How'd you guys cope?" 

"We competed. Made it a game. You know, I can do push-ups faster, and lower than you, type of stuff. By the end of the day I would be sick, while she would only be sore and worn out. Both due to the serum of course."

"But you said if they put to much of that one ingredient in it would kill you, how are you still alive?" Willow inquired.

"There was a cure, and anyways it was gradual. I wouldn't fall over dead as soon as they injected me. That was part of the reason for the training, to get our blood moving for faster results."

"Oh."

"Anywho. As time went on the relationship between Macai and I grew, despite all the obstacles."

"What obstacles?" Willow asked.

"New trainees for one. The success of the serum was looking bleak so Ubel snatched up a few more kids to train, determined he would get his army one way or another. But the more trainees, the closer eye they kept in us, not wanting us to conspire against them, or even just to keep us from forming solid friendships."

I continued. "Another obstacle was that Macai and I's friendly competitions...weren't so friendly anymore. The longer we were there, the higher the stakes were raised, the harder we fought to be the best. We did everything from cheating, to outright sabotaging each other." 

"That's awful." Willow said, looking slightly disgusted.

"Maybe. But it worked for us, we both knew the other would be there for the other one when we needed it most. It was part of this weird trust we shared and, like I said, it worked for us... That is, until it didn't."

"Macai told me how you betrayed her, it was the only thing she would tell me, but what I don't get now is, if you were always betraying each other...Why was it such a big deal?" Willow inquired.

I sighed, laying down on the bench. "Macai has always been looking for her family, in one way or another, first she thought she found it in the army, Uterp, Ubel, and me, but that thought was shut down. Then she found her little rebel group, and thought that was her family. So at the time when I made her look like the bad guy, I don't know...I guess she felt like I was turning her family against her. Which is ridiculous! I mean they barely even know each other, let alone trust each other, but...I -I don't know."

Willow's PoV:

I nodded. "And now she's on the search again."

"Yep. And I'm left here lying in the dust." Jem concluded, staring at the ceiling. "I need to just face it, I'm too late. She hates me."

"But you still like her." 

He shot up on the bench, proving my suspicons. "What makes you think that?"

"Um, why else would you be here? Plus, I've seen the way you look at her from afar, and the hurt in your eyes when she says she doesn't 'need you James'." 

"Yeah, like I said, she hates me. " Jem repeated.

I smiled. "But I've also seen the way she looks at you from afar, and the hurt in her eyes when she realizes how much she misses you, but refuses to let you in because she's stubborn." I looked him in the eyes. "She doesn't hate you Jem, she just needs time to process what she's feeling. She'll come around." I assured him.

"I'm not so sure, maybe this whole trust thing isn't worth it."

"Maybe it's not, but is she?" I pressed. "Is she worth all this trouble?"

"Yes." He responded unheisetantly.

"Then keep going." I encouraged. "And be patient, like I said, it takes time." 

"And that happens to be the one thing I don't have." He mumbled.

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing."

I sensed I was losing him. "If your talking about when we land, don't worry, I'll find an excuse so you can come with us still." 

"No, it's...nothing." He caught himself.

He still didn't trust me. I sighed. He was crawling back into his protective covering and doubling it up, it will be ten times harder to get him to ever open up again. I guess I had probed a little too far into his shell. It was too bad, I liked getting to know him.

Jem stood up suddenly, knocking me out of my thoughts. He headed toward the glass still lying on the floor.

"Leave it." I commanded.

"But-"

"No buts. I'll take care of it. Besides it's getting late, you go on off to bed and we'll worry about the dishes in the morning, they could use a good soak anyways."

Jem hesitated.

I shoed him with my hands. "Go! To bed with you, I've got it."

"Um, ok. Well... good- yeah."

And with that he left me alone with my thoughts.

Ok. So some serious character building here. Also, as you can see, I changed when Macai was kidnapped... Again. Hopefully this will be the last time because I think I finally figured out the timeline. YAY!! And, as always, MORE TO COME!!

~Macai

• Posted at:

~M.N.

Front sm

ambersnow38

Posting soon!

• Posted at:

Reese

#TeamBiancaandPetra

#IChooseHappy

家族

Front sm

silverwolf6702

Sweet!

• Posted at:

Allie

INFP~ The Mediator

Front sm

silverwolf6702

teleport

• Posted at:

Allie

INFP~ The Mediator

Front sm

ambersnow38

Ack. I'm sorry for not posting. School's been kind crazy.

I will try and post this weekend.

• Posted at:

Reese

#TeamBiancaandPetra

#IChooseHappy

家族

Front sm

silverwolf6702

Okay, I might pov soon if I can

• Posted at:

Allie

INFP~ The Mediator

Front sm

ambersnow38

Charisse:

I had made it back to Jachi without a problem. But, Eli was nowhere to be found. Because he was in Ocalant. Why? I have no idea. The only two reasons I could think of was that he had somehow managed to get himself kidnapped. Or he had figured something out. I seriously hoped it was the latter of the two.

• Posted at:

Reese

#TeamBiancaandPetra

#IChooseHappy

家族

Front sm

teamruby28

Teleport

• Posted at:

Allie's mobile account

Front sm

ambersnow38

Bump!

• Posted at:

Reese

#TeamBiancaandPetra

#IChooseHappy

家族

Front sm

teamruby28

Boop

• Posted at:

Allie's mobile account

Front sm

ambersnow38

Buuuzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!

I'll post soon! If not soon, then definetly over Spring Break!!!

• Posted at:

Reese

#TeamBiancaandPetra

#IChooseHappy

家族

Front sm

silverwolf6702

Yeah, same here

• Posted at:

Allie

INFP~ The Mediator

Front sm

silverwolf6702

teleport

• Posted at:

Allie

INFP~ The Mediator

Front sm

ambersnow38

I finally figured out what to do with Yutu! I'll post this weekend!!

• Posted at:

Reese

#TeamBiancaandPetra

#IChooseHappy

家族

Front sm

ambersnow38

Sorry for the lack of posts. I got really busy. I'll definetly post soon. 

• Posted at:

Reese

#TeamBiancaandPetra

#IChooseHappy

家族

Front sm

teamruby28

Ill try and post too.

• Posted at:

Allie's mobile account

Front sm

ambersnow38

Yutu:

It was late. Really, really late. And I probably should have been sleeping. But I couldn't ignore this any longer. I silently got up and, after stumbling around a bit, I found a candle. I then lit it, picked up my journal and started to write.

Hey C,

As promised, I went back to Dragonia to continue my training. But things have been....... I don't know....... Kind of tense lately. Well at least it feels like it.

Remember Sensei Tsumura? We ran into her before we went to the docks. She had the straight, graying-azure hair and and bright yellow eyes? Well, she and I were talking the other day and -

I paused. It had been a very odd conversation.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sensei Tsumura taught the history of Dragons and Half-Dragons. She was also an expert in something called 'Affective science'. Which is why, after today's lesson, I asked her about the weird feeling. For awhile, she sat there, thinking.

"Tell me, Yutu," she said, suddenly breaking the silence. "What was the most frightening moment of your life?"

I frowned slightly, confused.

"What do you mean, Sensei?"

"I mean exactly what I said. What was the scariest moment of your life?"

I frowned again, this time in thought, before answering.

"Well, when Charisse and I were younger, we did a lot of ..... um .....childish things. Including running away from home. Except we decided to do something we probably shouldn't have done."

"Which was?"

"We decided to go into the jungle that seperates Amar from Ptyg."

• Posted at:

Reese

#TeamBiancaandPetra

#IChooseHappy

家族

Front sm

ambersnow38

Bump!

• Posted at:

Reese

#TeamBiancaandPetra

#IChooseHappy

家族

Front sm

fearlessdragon920

Sorry for the long delay in PoVs!

Macai's PoV: 

I was so glad to be back on solid ground.

It was a beautiful day. The sun was shining brightly, warming my skin as I rode down the dirt path. A slight breeze tugged at a stray piece of my hair, tossing it gently back and forth. Birds swooped through the air, singing to there own little tune. Trees peppered the roadside that leads, hopefully, to the castle, but at the very least leads away from the ship that I had come to hate so much.

It was a practically perfect day. There was only one thing that spoiled this otherwise gorgeous day, and that was the tall,     dark-haired mass slumped on the horse to my left.

I glanced at Jem who, in reality, was sitting tall as he rode.

He felt my eyes on him and turned to meet them, smiling as he did so. I could tell he was about to start speaking.

"No!" Willow scolded from behind. 

Both Jem and I turned to face her.

"No! No turning around. No talking. No looking at each other. No anything." Willow rattled off her rules for the umpteenth time.

I whipped back around, eyes rivited straight ahead. Jem did the same.

"Honestly," Willow continued. "You two are behaving like children. I shouldn't have to set rules to keep you guys from arguing. Is it so hard to just ignore each other?"

"Yes." We chorused, eyeing each other. I

"No looking!" Willow repeated.

My focus shot forward again.

"You know," I began. "We wouldn't have this issue if Jem had stood by his word." 

"I did!" He exclaimed. "I'm mean I will!" He corrected, turning to face me. " I mean...I am!"

I could tell he was frustrated. I had poked a sore spot and I knew it. The deal was that when we were done using 'his' ship, he would leave me alone...forever. But somehow between the shores of Raifr and Jachi Jem had managed to convince Willow he was a good guy. I'm sure it wasn't very hard, Willow can be very gullible when she wants to be. He probably just flashed his perfect little teeth, and used those stupid brown eyes of his to charm his way into her heart. Not that she liked him or anything. No, she had someone else in her sights.

I glanced at Chase.

He must have thought I looked at him because I thought he'd side with me. "Woah!" He said, eyes wide as he held his hands up in mock surrender. "I have nothing to do with this." Chase pointed to Willow. "She's the guilty party."

I switched my gaze to Willow.

"What?" She asked.

"You want us to stop fighting, right?" I questioned.

"Right." Willow nodded.

"And your the reason why Jem's still here, right?

"Yeeess." Willow answered more hesitantly.

I nodded, satisfied. "So there you go." 

"I don't get it." Willow said.

"It's your fault we're fighting." I clarified. "If you hadn't broken Jem and I's agreement, we wouldn't be here arguing."

"Now wait-" Willow broke in, holding her hand up.

"Just think of how peaceful it could have been." I said wistfully, cutting her off. "If only you had let me ditch him waaaay back at the ship." I let out an over-exagerated sigh.

"Macai, we've been over this. The deal was that Jem would leave when we were no longer in need of his services. We may very well still need him, the more the merrier, right? Besides, it's dangerous for two young women to travel across a strange continent alone."

"Not when ones a fully trained kung fu assassin ninja." I retorted.

Willow raised her eyebrow. I had noticed that she had been doing that a lot these days.

"Fine, minus the assassin part." I amended, rolling my eyes.

Her eyebrow raised further. How did she do that?

"Aaand minus the kung fu part." I admitted begrudgingly.

"And the part about the ninja?" Willow prompted.

"Oh that's totally true. I really am a ninja." 

"No you're not." 

"Did you see me do that?" I asked.

"Do what?"

I smiled and leaned my head back toward her. "Exactly." I pulled myself upright and stared forward.

"Can I talk now?" Jem asked.

"No." I responded at the same time Willow answered:

"Yes." She glared at me before turning her attention back to Jem. "What's on your mind?"

"Well, I was just thinking -" Jem began.

"Always a dangerous pass time." I commented smiling to myself, while receiving glares all around.

After a moment Jem continued: "I was thi..." He seemed to realize he was about to repeat himself, and open himself up to the same sally. "...Contemplating about this whole 'leave us halfway back while you two head on to the castle' plan? And I was think...wondering whether it would be safer for us to all go, instead of just you two."

"Jeeem." Willow warned, giving him that You know better look.

"Yes Willow?" Jem winced.

"Your pushing it." Willow let go of her reigns with her right hand which she made into a blade and shot forward. "Way too far."

Jem sighed. "Yes, Willow."

"This was the best compromise for everyone. This way no one's happy."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nobody looked happy. 

Trash in the streets, buildings smashed and torn, people wearing rags...it was awful.

"Compared to this, my village looks like a wealthy town." Willow said, watching the people as we rode by.

I nodded, but said nothing...there was nothing to say. It was the aftermath of war.

Willow and I continued to ride silently as we passed through many a village, most of them in similar conditions. 

As the day wore on we began seeing less small towns and villages, and more fields of green grass and trees. Soon we had stumbled upon a stone road, and before we knew it, we turned a corner and there it was...the Castle of Jachi. 

It was illustrious. Made of beautifully carved stone, large windows, and strong towers. There was a tall, outer, stone wall with an intimidating gate bolted to it, which stood as a first line of defense around the castle. Beyond the gate was the erect standing castle, both beautiful and defensive as it peered down from its hill top. Thick, intricately cut wooden doors separated the castles inhabitants from the elements outside, and served as a center piece for the ginormous building. Windows peppered the the castle with their delicately, carved designs. The rooftops glistened in the glow of the sun, as did the soilders that dotted the palace's walls armor.

We stood in awe for a moment before regaining our composure.

"Soo... What do we do now that we're here?" Willow asked. "I mean," She folded her arms across her chest. "You do have a plan...right?" 

I smiled to myself. "Of course I have a plan." I assured striding forward. "Follow along little duckling." I called.

"Not that again." Willow muttered. I couldn't see her face, but I'm almost positive she rolled her eyes at me...something that was becoming a more frequent phenomenon.

I paused, a few feet away from the men guarding the gate.

They crossed their long spears.

"Halt!" The younger looking of the two yelled. I studied him. He didn't seem to pose much of a threat, kinda skinny, probably not much older then me, and very energetic.

"You don't have to scream, dude...I'm right here." I said, gesturing to the few feet between us. 

"State your name and business!" The younger man yelled.

I hesitated as I debated giving him my real name or not.

"I'm Willow, and this is Macai." Willow introduced, making my devotion for me. 

"Yeah." I added. "What she said. And we're here to see the...uh...Ruler here if this...uh...fine nation." I rambled awkwardly, forgetting who exactly ruled this part of the world.

The guard laughed. "Ha! That's a good one...see the King, as if!"

I placed my hands on my hips and glared at him.

The man stopped laughing. "Your not actually serious," He asked, studying me then Willow. "Are you?"

"Yes actually we are." I said, switching my weight to my left leg.

"Oh," The young guard grew serious again. "Then you cannot see the King!" He yelled.

"And why not?" I challenged.

The man scuffed. "Why not?" He repeated, continuing to bellow each word. "Because he is busy! And because I said so!" 

"Busy!" I exclaimed tossing my hands up in frustration. "With what?"

"Well the ball of course!"

"Oh, yes, Of course. Silly me." I caught myself rolling my eyes, beginning to see where Willow got it from. "Well lucky for him this will just take a second." I said stepping forward.

The guard mirrored the action. "I'm afraid I can't let you in!" He said raising his voice even louder.

I took another step in his direction. "Well I'm afraid you don't have a choice." I said jabbing my pointer finger at him.

"Are you threatening a Royal Guard!?" He shouted advancing two steps closer.

"Your not much of a gaurd!"  I said raising my voice slightly as I took another step, and he followed in suit. We were now inches away from each other's face.

"I resent that!"

"I resent you!" 

"I command you to leave!"

"I'm not afraid of you."

"I am a Royal Guard!"

"Stop YELLING!" I screamed.

"Ok! That's enough." Willow broke in. "Macai, can I speak with you for a moment?" She asked as she grabbed my wrist, pulling me away.

After we were out of earshot Willow turned to me...or more accurately, on me.

"What is your issue!?" She shouted in a whisper.

"He wouldn't let me through!" I exclaimed, also in a whisper.

"That's because you gave him an attitude!" 

"I did not!"

"Yes You did. You almost always get an attitude when your nervous." Willow noted.

I stared at her.

"Look, we're going to go back over there, but this time I do the talking." Willow explained, grabbing my wrist again and dragging me back. 

The two guards seemed to be arguing, with the older looking one of the two leading the disscution. As we approached the older one pushed the younger back to his post, with the younger looking slightly abashed. I wondered why they put two, obviously, inexperienced guards in protection of the gate.

Again, we stopped a few feet away from the young guards, this time though, no one spoke. We all stared at each other for a moment, until Willow broke the silence.

"Let's start over, shall we?" She asked, taking charge. "My name's Willow, and this," Willow paused and gestured to me. "Is Macai."

"Yeah, we meet." The young guard glared.

The older one elbowed him, and he stared down.

Willow ignored him. "What are your names?" 

"Our names?" The younger man questioned. "Why should we give you our-"

The older one hit him upside the head. "Quiet. When someone extends an olive branch you don't bat it away!" He scolded. Then turning his attention back to Willow said: "It's a pleasure to meet you Willow, my name is William." William have a small bow. "And my brash, but well meaning companion here, is named Nathaniel." 

Willow smiled. "Well it is lovely to make your acquaintances William and Nathaniel." She greeted, giving a curtsy to each one in turn. 

I rolled my eyes. This was ridiculous, we weren't here to make friends, we were here to get information. Willow was much too friendly.

Willow straightened up and continued. "My friend and I have traveled all the way from Riafr to see the illustrious King..." She trailed off, not knowing the King's name.

"Elliot." William provided.

"...Elliot, in the hopes that he would have the information we need for our quest." Willow finished.

"You said that very nicely." William commented, smiling.

Willow curtsied again.

"Unfortunately the King is very busy right now and cannot be bothered." William explained. 

"And we have orders not to let anyone in." Nathaniel added.

"Couldn't we at least knock?" Willow asked, trying desperately to come up with a way to get us in.

"You could technically, but no one would answer." William said, as he shrugged his shoulders.

Willow pressed. "Can we try anyway?" 

William shrugged again. "I don't see why not."

"William!" Nathaniel burst, practically dropping his spear.

"It's fine Nate." William calmed, then he looked us over. "Leave your swords and that stick." He commanded, gesturing with his chin to the spot we were to leave them.

I disarmed myself, well, of my swords anyway, and me and Willow walked past the guards up to the large doors. We stared for a moment. Partly in awe, and partly because we didn't know what to do.

Then Willow shrugged. "I guess we just knock." She hesitated a moment before pounding her knuckles on the door.

Silence. Nothing happened, just as the guard said.

We waited another minute or two before giving up. We had just turned around when...

"Hello?" 

Willow and I whipped around, startling the man who opened the door. I had to hold back my disappointment when I realized it was not the King. It was, in fact, an oval-ish, half bald, slightly wrinkled, head sticking out of the door.

"Ummm...Hello." Willow greeted, unsure of the whole situation.

"Well..." The man prodded.

Willow and I glanced at each other nervously, not sure what to do. 

The man seemed to sense that we were lost at what to say. "What did you want? He asked not all that kindly.

Finally realizing what was happening I sprang into action. 

"We're here to see the King." I stated.

The man's countenance turned from impatient to uninterested. "The King is busy." He said as he began to shut the heavy door.

"Wait!" I called. "It will just take a second! Please? It's important."

The man's head popped out again. "Is it about the ball tonight?" He asked, his face showing his complete disinterest.

"Um, no." 

"Then it's not worth noting." He said as the door began to slid shut once more.

I was becoming anxious. This may be my only shot at speaking with the King, and I was blowing it! I frantically racked my brain trying to come up with something to stall this guy. I shot a panicked look at Willow, who also seemed panicked.

"Do something!" I whispered, still trying to come up with something.

Jolted into action, Willow blurted loudly: "What's your name?"

Both I and the door stopped moving.

I stared at Willow. What? I mouthed.

Her eyes were wide. I don't know! She mouthed back.

The oval head squeezed through the small opening once more. "Henry." He answered.

I rolled my eyes and let my head fall into my hand. Willow was off making friends again.

Willow let out her breath. "Well Henry it's lovely to meet you. My name's Willow and my friend and I have traveled all the way from Riafr to see King Elliot. It really will only take a sec-"

"Do you know Queen Maria?" Henry interrupted.

My head shot up. "I do!" Two heads shot toward me. "I mean...kind of, anyway."

Willow now rolled her eyes. "Yeah, and the Queen of England is real," She muttered. "Give me a break."

Henry regarded me with some interest. He glanced back behind the door, as if someone was speaking to him, then turned to me once more. "Are a messenger?" He asked.

"Uh, no."

His head disappeared from the remaining space between the open door and the closed one.

"Wait, please! It's about my family!" I called.

"Are they Jachian royals?" Henry asked, continuing to close the gap.

"Well, no but-"

"Can't help you! Too busy!"

I clenched my fists. "Cassandra and Nicholas!" I shouted.

The door hesitated, before scraping open again, but only just enough to pop the man's head out comfortably.

"What was that?"

"Cassandra and Nicholas...they were my parents." I added, hoping this was the foot hold U had been searching for.

Henry studied me once more before slipping back inside the door. There was some low whispering that I couldn't make out, except for a few stray words like: Ball, Time, Hair, Peasent. 

I stepped closer to the door so I could hear.

"...But I want to talk to her!" The mystery man was saying.

"No! You don't have time. Besides she's probably just a peasent."

"But she knows Cassandra and Nicholas," The man, who I was now dubbing the King, stressed. 

"So? They died years ago! How do you even remember them? I can barely remember!"

"Exactly! You said she was young, right?"

I couldn't see, but I assumed Henry nodded.

"So how would she know who they were unless they were really her parents!"

"But sir-"

"She's even the right age Henry."

"We don't know that for sure.

"I want to speak with her."

"You don't have time. You must get ready for the ball."

"Then invite her to the ball."

"Sire, that is very unwise. She could be an assassin, or worse. You don't know this girl, and you have know idea of she really knew those people. She may have just picked two random names."

"Maybe...but she just picked Cassandra and Nicholas by chance?" A sigh. "Maybe your right."

I heard my chance slipping away. I stepped back from the door and yelled. "Is anybody still there?" Willow looked at me like I was nuts, but I ignored her. "Look, it was a long shot coming here, I know that. But I really do only have a couple questions, they won't take long. I'm..." I inhaled deeply, not wanting to say what I was going to tell them next. "I'm looking for my family, and I'm running out of places to search, I thought, maybe you could help? If...if their even alive that is." I said, my voice trailing off. "Please?"

It was silent for a moment, then the voices started up again, this time I could just barely make them out from where I was standing.

"Invite her to the ball." The King ordered.

"She could be a spy..."

"I don't. Care."

"But-"

"Henry, I'm the King. Do it."

There was an audible groan.

Then a minute later Henry's balding head came back out. 

"You are both invited to the King's ball tonight." He droned. "It starts at seven, please dress appropriately."

I glanced down at myself. "I hope this is appropriately." I stated. "'Cause it's all I got."

Henry looked horrified and quickly slid back inside, only to come back out a minute later. "I have been ordered, under much protest, to invite you ladies into the castle and allow you to select clothing to wear to the ball out of the...Royal, wardrobe." He said, hesitating on the last two words.

Willow squeeled. "You mean we get to wear the same dresses as a queen, or princess would wear?" Willow asked, hardly containing her excitement.

Henry sighed. "Yes."

More squeels.

"Ah, yes." Henry regarded Willow disdainfully. "I will show you to your temporary quarters."

We stepped into the castle.

"Fine." I said, finally agreeing to the invitation. "But I'm not wearing a dress."

So if I'm reading things right, the Queen of Jachi is now mine(was Tyvia's but her characters are now my characters). So with that being said I have absolutely no use for her, soooo... I killed her off. I don't really know how she died( I know, I'm such a great author), but I'll come up with that later I guess. Anyways so I replaced her and so on and so forth. 

More PoVs coming soon!

~Macai

• Posted at:

~M.N.

Front sm

ambersnow38

Nice Macai!!

• Posted at:

Reese

#TeamBiancaandPetra

#IChooseHappy

家族

Front sm

ambersnow38

I shall post in about two weeks. 

Blame finals........

• Posted at:

Reese

#TeamBiancaandPetra

#IChooseHappy

家族

Front sm

ambersnow38

Yutu:

I chuckled. We had planned the entire trip out. We even figured out how we could get away from everyone without being followed or found. Which probably wasn't a good thing.

"So, this was the frightening part?" Sensei, asked.

"No ma'am," I replied, "That came about four days later.

"We had been walking around the woods for a bit when we found a cave. It wasn't anything too spectacular. But I really wanted to check it out. Charisse hadn't, though."

I grinned again. She and I had walked in circles for quite some time, arguing about if we should go in or not. 

"I eventually went in. And everything was fine. But......."

"But?" she asked.

"I kind of woke up a massive boar....."

I shuddered. I honestly had no idea I had pulled on the boar's tusk and not some really sharp rock. But once the creature let out a gut wrenching cry, I knew I had messed up. Big time. And I bolted.

• Posted at:

Reese

#TeamBiancaandPetra

#IChooseHappy

家族

Front sm

ambersnow38

Bump

• Posted at:

Reese

#TeamBiancaandPetra

#IChooseHappy

家族

Front sm

ambersnow38

Bump

• Posted at:

Reese

#TeamBiancaandPetra

#IChooseHappy

家族

Front sm

ambersnow38

Bump

• Posted at:

Reese

#TeamBiancaandPetra

#IChooseHappy

家族

1 , 2 , 3 ... , 37 ,