Do you like it?

Front sm

agentclue77

Branch: Ekaterina

Guess who has a bunch more of this story written, but never has internet on my computer anymore...?

Winter

February

Simon Gillespie

I took my binder out of my backpack and put it on my desk. I pushed a few buttons and a picture that Violet and I took at Skateland Daze popped up. All I did was stare at it.

She looked so pretty in the picture. The way her hair fell over her shoulders, the way her eyes lit up when she smiled like that.

I know I talk a lot about how pretty Violet is. And maybe, at first, that’s all I really saw. But now it was more than that. I liked her for a lot more than just how pretty or hot she was.

She was also brilliant. Her science fair project was so much better than everyone else’s. If Bethany Baker hadn’t wrecked it, Violet would’ve dominated the fair, hands down.

She was also kind. Every time I was with her, I always wanted to tell her about the social anxiety. She didn’t come across as the type who’d shun me because of it. But I was still scared to tell Violet.

My thoughts were interrupted when the door to my room opened and I heard Corinne say, “Mom says that dinner’s ready and that Dad baked some brownies for dessert.”

I slammed my binder shut, closing the picture, and looked at Corinne, “You know, there’s this new thing, it’s called knocking.”

She smirked, “Why are you so worried? What were you looking at just now? Did you snag one of Josh Voss’s magazines?”

“It’s none of your business,” I protested.

She raised her hands up in mock surrender. “Sorry, sorry. Anyway, it’s time for dinner.” She left my room after that.

I opened my binder and took another look at Violet’s picture before closing it and heading downstairs for dinner.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveler

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#IChooseHappy

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Choosekind

#Keep39alive

#Asexual

Our lives are made

In these small hours

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Branch: Lucian

He should tell her. But what happened to Bethany? She should not be let off the hook!

• Posted at:

Butterflyamber887 A.K.A. Proudcat90

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds

Albert Einstein

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

You're absolutely right...to both. As someone with social anxiety, I know how difficult it is to tell people. I think I kept it hidden for about three or four years before I finally even told my parents, but don't worry, Simon will tell her eventually. As for Bethany...believe me, Violet definitely considered telling the principal, but she realized that she didn't have any proof of what Bethany did, just accusations.

Corinne Gillespie

Latest Tack Pinned: Zimbabwe

“Hey,” Nancy said, startling me at my locker.

“Hey,” I said.

“So,” she began. “I’m having a party tomorrow night, my parents are going to be working late, but they approved it. I guess they’re making it up for always working…anyway, you wanna come? Simon and Violet are welcome to come too.”

I hesitated. Her parents weren’t going to be there? What if…I don’t know, they all got drunk or something?

I guess Nancy could see my hesitation, because she said, “Don’t worry, we’re not gonna get drunk or anything like that. And it’s not gonna be all of the eighth grade either, it’s just a small group.” She put her hand on her hip, “So, are you in?”

I nodded, “Yeah, I’m in.”

I didn’t know that that party would make me question myself even more.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveler

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#IChooseHappy

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Choosekind

#Keep39alive

#Asexual

Our lives are made

In these small hours

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Oh no... But yes I also have lots of stuff I never told anyone about.

• Posted at:

Albert Einstein

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

I'm sure we all do

Violet

Nancy had invited me to another party, and I was going to ask Marty now if I could go. She said that her parents weren’t going to be there. I myself didn’t have a problem with that, but I wasn’t sure how Marty was going to react.

I decided to bring up the topic at dinner. Marty had made soup and paninis, it was my favorite thing he made.

I cleared my throat and he looked up.

“Is there anything you want to say, kiddo?” He asked.

“Yeah, um,” I picked at my soup. “Did you ever go to any parties without adult supervision?”

Marty chuckled, “Yeah, there was this one in high school…” he shook his head, “never mind.” He smiled again at the memory, then looked at me, “Did you get invited to a party without adult supervision and now you want my permission?”

I nodded, biting my lip and looking at him hopefully.

He sighed, “Well, even though I’d been to them before, I don’t think it’s the greatest idea. But…I’ll let you go, but if anything, bad starts to happen, I want you to call me, okay?”

I brightened. He was letting me go. I nodded, “I’ll do just that. Simon and Corinne got invited too.”

Marty laughed, “Yikes, Elliot and Nina aren’t as laid back as I am.”

I smiled at him.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveler

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#IChooseHappy

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Choosekind

#Keep39alive

#Asexual

Our lives are made

In these small hours

Front sm

agentclue77

Corinne Gillespie

Latest Tack Pinned: Dominican Republic

Mom and Dad were really hesitant to agree to let me and Simon go to Nancy’s party, but they eventually caved.

“Hey, Nina,” Dad said on the drive to Nancy’s. “Wasn’t our first real kiss at a party like that?”

Mom smiled and sighed wistfully, “Yeah, Rhiannon Voss decided to have us play spin the bottle and she locked us in the closet.”

I cringed. I had no intentions of hearing about the first time Mom and Dad kissed. Especially if Josh’s mom had anything to do with it.

“Speaking of kissing,” Dad said.

Oh no. I hated conversations like these. They always made me super uncomfortable. I had no interest in kissing.

Dad continued, “I’m going to set some ground rules for kissing at your age.”

Simon blushed. “I don’t think we’re going to be making out with anyone over there, Dad.”

Mom shrugged, “We didn’t think we’d be playing spin the bottle at Rhiannon’s party.”

“Anyway,” Dad went on. “I’ll say right now that I’m only going to allow you to touch hands, shoulders, waists, sides of faces, and the backs of necks while you’re kissing, you hear me?”

“That goes for the both of you,” Mom added.

Simon turned a deeper red and I shuddered. First off, I didn’t want to kiss anyone in the first place. Second, who in their right mind would put their hands anywhere else?

“And only let others do the same,” Dad said. He shook his head, “Anyway, that’s only if you play spin the bottle or something. Nancy’s a good girl, so you’ll probably only be watching movies or something.”

God, I hoped so.

I was wrong.

mods please let this through!

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveler

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#IChooseHappy

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Choosekind

#Keep39alive

#Asexual

Our lives are made

In these small hours

Front sm

butterflyamber887

Does this mean what I think it does? Um...

• Posted at:

Albert Einstein

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

Canoodling? Yes. Gross stuff? No.

Simon Gillespie

Nancy opened the door to her apartment.

“You guys made it!” She said. “Violet’s already here.” She gave me knowing look.

What was that supposed to mean? Did she know about my crush on Violet? I thought I was pretty good at hiding it.

Nancy let us in and thankfully, there weren’t that many people. I noticed Chuck Loski, Josh Voss, Anne Mackey, Randy Livingston, and of course, Violet.

“You came!” Violet stood up and hugged Corinne first, then she threw her arms around me, pulling me close. I tried not to smell the scent of lilacs in her hair.

She pulled away grinning and bit her lip.

Corinne cleared her throat and left to go say hi to Chuck.

I really wasn’t sure what to make of that kid. I mean, there wasn’t anything wrong with him. He wasn’t mean or anything like that. In fact, he was actually really cool. It’s just…I knew for a fact that he liked Corinne. I knew that boys were going to like my sister, but it was still really weird.

I saw her give him a one-armed hug. I shuddered at the thought. I wondered if Corinne liked him too.

Nancy came to Violet and me, took each of us by an arm, and led us to a bean bag. “This is where you guys’ll be.”

“Wait, just on one bean bag?” Violet asked.

Nancy nodded and gave us a weird look. Like it would be illogical for two different people to sit on two different bean bags.

Violet and I were pushed close together on the bean bag and I felt my heart flutter. Other than Mom and Corinne, I’d never been this close to a girl before. She didn’t seem to mind, either.

Nancy sat Corinne down next to Chuck on the couch and then went to go turn off the lights.

Okay, what in the world was going on?

I then saw Nancy sit down next to Josh and all at once, they were kissing. And so were all the other pairs in the room.

I looked at Violet, my face flaming.

“Are we supposed to…” Violet’s voice trailed off.

I nodded nervously. Violet’s face was turning red and she just stared at me. Then, she put a hand on the back of my neck and pulled me into a kiss.

I thought back to what Dad had said about kissing. I just kept my hands firmly on the beanbag chair.

I couldn’t believe this. I was kissing a girl. And a girl I like, no less. I couldn’t help but enjoy this moment. All I thought about was how soft her lips felt, and how they tasted like…pumpkin. It was probably the taste of her Chapstick.

And then, it happened. An anxiety attack.

First, my hands started getting sweaty, but I had just told myself that it was first kiss jitters. Then, I felt the pressure in my chest, and my hands started shaking. I needed to go splash some water on my face.

I pulled away from Violet and just said, “I have to go to the bathroom.”

I stood up and quickly rushed over. I turned on the light and closed the door behind me. Then, I turned the faucet on and splashed my face with water, taking a few deep breaths. Thank God I brought the bottle with me. I popped two of the vitamins in my mouth and sat on the closed toilet, breathing heavily, ignoring the tears running down my cheeks.

I just had to go screw up my first kiss. Why did I have to be like this? Why did I have to be crazy?

I wished I could tell Violet the reason, but I didn’t want her to think less of me. Especially not after this.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveler

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#IChooseHappy

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Choosekind

#Keep39alive

#Asexual

Our lives are made

In these small hours

Front sm

agentclue77

Corinne Gillespie

Latest Tack Pinned: Chile

“Corinne, Chuck, follow me.” Nancy brought us each to sit on her couch. “Just sit here…and yeah.” She left and went to go turn off the light.

I looked at Chuck and shrugged. He shrugged back.

Nancy grinned at me as she half-walked half-ran to where she was playing the music. She turned it up – some really old singer named Taylor Swift that was popular in like, 2014 – and sat down next to Josh.

Then, she wrapped her arms around him, and kissed him. Not just a small peck either, it was longer. After taking a look around, I noticed everyone else was kissing too. Well, except Simon and Violet, they just stared at each other, each growing a deeper red.

It then dawned on me why she sat me next to Chuck. She wanted me to make out with him.

Chuck looked a little uncomfortable. He looked up from looking down at his hands and smiled sheepishly.

“I guess they want us to kiss, huh?” He said.

Just do it, I told myself.

It wasn’t that I was uncomfortable with Chuck. Heck, I’d known the boy since I was five. I just didn’t feel the desire to kiss him.

Maybe when you kiss him you’ll understand the hype.

I took a deep breath, put a hand on the side of Chuck’s face, leaned in, and pressed my lips against his.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveler

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#IChooseHappy

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Choosekind

#Keep39alive

#Asexual

Our lives are made

In these small hours

Front sm

agentclue77

Violet

I couldn’t believe it. I was making out with a boy! Well…I had kissed Trevor Warner this one time at White Orchid…never mind. Anyway, this was different. I liked Simon…a lot.

All of a sudden, Simon pulled away, adjusted his glasses, and muttered, “I have to go to the bathroom.”

It didn’t look like he just needed to pee or something. His hands were shaking. I wanted to ask him why. I’d say that it was just because he was nervous kissing a girl, but it was different.

While he was in the bathroom, I remembered what Marty had told me. I’ll let you go, but if anything bad starts to happen, I want you to call me, okay?

Did the party turning into a giant make-out session count as something bad? The more I thought about it, the more I felt like should call Marty.

Marty had gotten me a cellphone, so I pulled it out and clicked on his contact.

“Hello?”

“Hi,” I said nervously.

“What happened over there?” He asked.

I hesitated. Just tell him. “Well…” I started. “The party kind of turned into this big make-out session…”

I heard Marty sigh on the other end, “I’ll be right there to pick you up.”

God, I hoped he wasn’t mad.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveler

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#IChooseHappy

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Choosekind

#Keep39alive

#Asexual

Our lives are made

In these small hours

Front sm

butterflyamber887

yikes... Poor Simon. Why did Nancy do that? So weird (and gross)! 

• Posted at:

Albert Einstein

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

Yeah...poor Simon. Well, Nancy doesn't really know any better

Corinne Gillespie

Latest Tack Pinned: Monaco

It’s official, kissing is highly overrated. I mean, it wasn’t anything special. It was just…boring and weird. Like, do you understand how much bacteria are being passed right now?

I just couldn’t understand why I was feeling like this. When Nancy and Anne talked about their first kisses, they made them sound amazing. This just…wasn’t.

I made myself pull away from Chuck and he stared at me.

“Wow.” Was all he said.

He felt wow after that? How? I certainly didn’t feel wow. Chuck started to lean in again, but I pulled away.

“What’s wrong?” He asked.

I shrugged, “I don’t know…I just…I don’t feel like kissing right now.” Not now, not ever.

Chuck looked down at his hands, “Well, we don’t have to do anything that you’re not comfortable with.”

I smiled at him, “Thank you.”

I felt something then. I just couldn’t understand how I could feel like maybe, just maybe, I had a small crush on Chuck, but not enjoy kissing him. And I definitely didn’t want to do anything more than kissing.

I looked back at where Violet and Simon were sitting and saw them making out. I shuddered and quickly looked away. I did not want to see my brother who was five minutes younger than me making out with my best friend. I mean, I obviously knew that he liked her. Just the other day, I saw Simon staring at a picture of him and Violet. But still, to see them kissing…it was gross.

I was staring at my knees when I heard someone get up and rush to the bathroom. I looked up again and saw Violet staring after the bathroom door, alone.

Oh no. Simon probably had another anxiety attack.

“Sorry,” I muttered to Chuck, stood up quickly, and rushed to the bathroom.

I knocked on the bathroom door, “Simon?”

“I’m fine,” he called back.

I wasn’t convinced, so I twisted the doorknob and found him sitting on the toilet. He quickly wiped his eyes and looked at me.

“I knocked this time.”

Simon laughed softly, “Yeah, I heard you.”

I closed the door behind me. “What happened?”

“Well, I was, uh…you know, kissing Violet…” he looked uncomfortable telling me about kissing a girl, so I just waved my hand.

“You can skip the kissing stuff,” I told him.

He sighed, then continued, “All of a sudden, my hands started shaking and my chest hurt.” He shrugged, “It’s nothing I haven’t been through before.” He looked down and muttered, “It still sucks.”

I sat down cross-legged in front of the toilet and leaned my back against the wall. I knew when Simon got like this, that it was best to just distract him, and not bring up anything about the anxiety. So, as uncomfortable as I was to talk about this…

“It looked like Violet was kissing you back.”

Simon blushed, “You saw us?”

I nodded, “Yeah.”

He looked down at his hands, and then back up at me. “Do you think she likes me?”

I shrugged, “I don’t know.”

The truth was, she did like Simon, but she made me swear not to tell him. And simultaneously, Simon made me swear never to tell her. If these two would just shut up and tell each other that they both felt the same way about each other, I wouldn’t be stuck in the middle.

Simon slumped against the back of the toilet, “Oh.”

I shrugged again, “I think you’d have to ask her that.” I looked at the floor, then back up at Simon, “You wanna call Mom and Dad? Or do you want me to do it?”

“Could you do it?” He asked me.

I nodded and dialed Mom.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveler

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#IChooseHappy

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Choosekind

#Keep39alive

#Asexual

Our lives are made

In these small hours

Front sm

butterflyamber887

She doesn't know any better??? Poor Corinne it's going all wrong for her. I know that not all twins have the 'twin thing' but Simon and Corinne barely seem to know each other so I'm happy to see them acting friendly. 

• Posted at:

Albert Einstein

Front sm

agentclue77

Bracha-

Well, she doesn't really talk to her Mom, and 95% of the things her dad (Jason from book 1) talks about is all the fun he had in middle and high school. As for Simon and Corinne, yeah, part of the character development I wanted was for Simon and Corinne to grow closer together as siblings.

Violet

Marty and I drove home in awkward silence. After him glancing at me for half the ride home, he finally spoke.

“You know,” he said. “I’m not mad.”

I turned to him in surprise, “You…aren’t?”

He shook his head, “No, just a little…curious, that’s all.” He turned to me for a moment and then turned back to the road, “So…who’d you make out with?”

I felt my cheeks warm and I kept my eyes on the road. “Simon.”

I turned to look at Marty a little, and he looked surprised.

“Really? You know, Elliot and Nina say that he really likes you.”

That made me feel all warm inside, but I just shrugged. “No, he doesn’t.”

Marty nodded and laughed, “He does! He lights up like a firework when you look at him.”

As much as I wanted that to be true, I told myself that he couldn’t possibly like me. It wasn’t that I thought I was ugly or anything. It’s just…Bethany’s notes have gotten worse, and my self-confidence was really going downhill.

We were silent again for a moment, then Marty broke the silence.

“Do you like Simon?” He asked.

I was startled for a moment. I wasn’t sure if this was the kind of thing you talked about with parents.

I thought for a moment. I did really like Simon, but after kissing him, I just felt a rush of feelings I’d never felt before, and they were kind of weird, but also nice.

I nodded, “Yeah, I do.”

Marty’s face turned really serious, “You know, now I’m going to have to ban him from coming over, right?”

“What? Really?”

Marty laughed and waved his hand – which was pretty dangerous since he was still driving. “Nah, just kidding. I knew your first kiss was gonna happen. Especially since I was adopting a teenager.”

I grinned sheepishly, “Technically…it wasn’t my first kiss.”

“It wasn’t?” Marty asked. “Who was?”

I shrugged, “Some guy at White Orchid. He was playing truth or dare and was dared to kiss me. So, one day in the mess hall, he kissed me.”

“Did you like it?” He asked.

I shook my head, “No. First off, Trevor Warner was a jerk. Secondly, he didn’t even want to kiss me.”

The question was…would Simon and I kiss again?

Yes.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveler

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile