Do you like it?

Front sm

agentclue77

Branch: Ekaterina

Hello! If you haven't read THE ASTRONOMER, THE WRITER, AND THE MATHEMATICIAN, you can read it there: http://doublecross.scholastic.com/forums/topics/314491

So, before I post the first chapter, I'm going to post a summary like how'd there'd be on the back of it, if it were a book:

The kids you met in THE ASTRONOMER, THE WRITER, AND THE MATHEMATICIAN are back, and with children of their own and their kids have just started their own journey through the eighth grade.

SIMON - the artist - tries his best to hide his social anxiety from his friends, but it's getting harder and harder the closer he becomes to them. CORINNE - the traveler - can't seem to figure out why everyone is so quick to want to get into intimate relationships when she doesn't. VIOLET - the scientist - just got adopted and is thrilled, but starts to doubt her own self worth.

So, that pretty much describes it. I will be uploading the first chapter either tonight or tomorrow, so stay tuned for that!

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveler

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#IChooseHappy

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Choosekind

#Keep39alive

#Asexual

Our lives are made

In these small hours

Front sm

bookishunicorn121

I am so excited!!!!! you should publish these they are so good 

• Posted at:

Hi, My name is Lizzy and I love reading and riding horses (and unicorns ;)

I am a

Ravenclaw

Ecaterina

Mormon (LDS)

ISFP

LovMLB

Front sm

agentclue77

Lizzy-

Thank you! I don't think that I'm patient enough to go through the whole publishing process, but I might self publish one day!

Introduction

Simon Gillespie

Love is the spirit that motivates the artist’s journey.

That’s a quote I found by a man named Eric Maisel. It’s my favorite quote. I feel like it describes me. Although, I didn’t start realizing how much it did until this year.

You see, this was an interesting year for me. I made a new friend, I began to accept and overcome something that had been gnawing away at me for years, and lots more happened this year.

I feel like that quote suits it well.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveler

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#IChooseHappy

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Choosekind

#Keep39alive

#Asexual

Our lives are made

In these small hours

Front sm

agentclue77

Corinne Gillespie

Mom told me that I should write down my happenings in eighth grade because some day in the future, I might want to look back on it and read it.

My first thought was, why would I want to remember the eighth grade? Isn’t middle school the age where people look back and think: that didn’t happen?

I suppose that’s not the case for my mom she always talks about middle school with Dad and Marty more than she talks about high school with them. Dad calls the three of them the Astronomer, the Writer, and the Mathematician.

So, here goes, my journey through eighth grade.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveler

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#IChooseHappy

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Choosekind

#Keep39alive

#Asexual

Our lives are made

In these small hours

Front sm

proudcat90

Aww it’s their kids! I’m kinda sad to see Elliot Nina and Marty all grown up but this is really good.

• Posted at:

PROUDCAT90 A.K.A. BUTTERFLYAMBER887

girl

lucian

catlover

cluehunter

im 12

chocolate!!!!!!!!!

reader&writer

smartblonde

nerdynerd

Greencloak

#toomanybooksnotenoughboookmarks

Front sm

proudcat90

Are Simon and Corinne twins? And Violet is Marty’s kid right? So is he married or he just adopted her? But this is really good!

• Posted at:

girl

lucian

catlover

cluehunter

im 12

chocolate!!!!!!!!!

reader&writer

smartblonde

nerdynerd

Greencloak

Front sm

agentclue77

PC90-

Yes, Simon and Corinne are twins. As for Violet and Marty, you'll get the answer to that question soon.

mods please let this through

Violet Alvarez

I don’t know why science fascinates me so much, but it does. And it drives me crazy when people think that girls can’t like science, because I’m most definitely a girl, and I love science. Science is what got me through a lot of stuff that I’ve been through in the past twelve years.

This was the first year that I felt like I had more than just science on my side.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveler

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#IChooseHappy

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Choosekind

#Keep39alive

#Asexual

Our lives are made

In these small hours

Front sm

proudcat90

So curious...

• Posted at:

girl

lucian

catlover

cluehunter

im 12

chocolate!!!!!!!!!

reader&writer

smartblonde

nerdynerd

Greencloak

Front sm

wrestlingreader13

aka WrestlingReading2

Branch: Lucian

The first was good and this one seems to be off to an excellent start.

• Posted at:

aka WrestlingReading2, Radschord89ish

(29) Nickname: Rad

Front sm

proudcat90

Good?! It is was absolutely amazing!!!!!

• Posted at:

girl

lucian

catlover

cluehunter

im 12

chocolate!!!!!!!!!

reader&writer

smartblonde

nerdynerd

Greencloak

Front sm

agentclue77

Rad-

Thanks!

PC90-

Thank you so much!

Summer

July

Corinne Gillespie

Latest Tack Pinned: Austria

I stared at the map that was above my desk. I had about a dozen pins stuck there: clear for countries I want to visit, and red for countries I have visited. There was only one red, and that was the United States, which I can’t really count as a country I’ve visited because I live there.

I dreamed of going to places like Sydney and Florence, but unfortunately, I was still a thirteen-year-old who needed permission to leave the house.

“Corinne, honey,” Mom opened my door, stepping into my room. “You should start getting dressed, we’re going to leave soon.”

I looked at her, “’Kay.”

She smiled and closed the door.

I stood up, walked over to the touchpad next to my closet door, and selected first the pants section, then picked out a decent enough blouse to wear, and put on the clothes that my closet took out for me.

Mom didn’t really care about me doing my hair since she was going to put a beanie over her own hair anyways. Dad says that the beanies have been a thing that she’s worn for as long as he’d known her.

I laced up my sneakers and took another look at my map before meeting up with Mom, Dad, and Simon.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveler

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#IChooseHappy

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Choosekind

#Keep39alive

#Asexual

Our lives are made

In these small hours

Front sm

bookishunicorn121

Ireally like it!!!!!!

• Posted at:

I am a

Ravenclaw

Ecaterina

Mormon (LDS)

ISFP

LovMLB

Front sm

agentclue77

Lizzy-

*hat tip* An action which here means "thank you"

Violet Alvarez

I was adopted on a hot Tuesday afternoon in July. I’ll never forget first meeting him, in the office area of the White Orchid Orphanage (it was a weird name for the place since there weren’t even any white orchids planted outside).

He was tall, with black hair, brown eyes, and a beard. He didn’t really look like Dad-material to me, but I know from first-hand experience that you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover.

“Violet, sweetie,” Mrs. Flannigan said to me when I stepped into the room. I didn’t want her to call me “sweetie”. She hadn’t been this nice to me in all the twelve years that I’ve been there. “I’d like you to meet Marty Brewer, he’s going to be adopting you.”

I just looked him up and down. I’d heard about him before. Mrs. Flannigan had shown me his picture and a brief description of who he was, assuring me that he wasn’t a criminal.

Marty stepped forward, and bent down, “Hey, Violet.”

I stared at him. For as long as I could remember, I’ve been waiting for this moment, dreaming for someone to adopt me. I had just turned thirteen the week before and I had pretty much given up on hoping that I’d get adopted. I knew very well how hard it was for a teenager to get adopted.

I couldn’t speak. If I did, I’d cry.

Marty had a few more papers to sign before we were able to leave. For once, I was leaving this wretched place.

Even after getting in his car, things were quiet. Well, not quiet, obviously. We had the noise of the world around us, but the two of us weren’t speaking.

“Listen, Violet,” Marty said. “When we get to my house, there’s going to be some people there that I’d like you to meet. My childhood best friends and their kids are going to be there. The kids are your age, and I hope you’ll become good friends with them.”

Kids my age? Sure, there’d been kids my age at the orphanage, but none of them liked me. I wondered if it’d be different with these kids.

Marty was telling me about them. He told me that they were twins, a boy, and a girl. The boy was really shy or something and was supposedly a great artist. The girl was apparently obsessed with traveling to other countries.

Then he asked me what some of my hobbies were. I told him that I really liked science, and he chuckled and told me that he loved math. We should get along well.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveler

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#IChooseHappy

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Choosekind

#Keep39alive

#Asexual

Our lives are made

In these small hours

Front sm

bookishunicorn121

*Hat tips back* Your welcome!!!!

Wait, why do i keep thinking about moai???

• Posted at:

I am a

Ravenclaw

Ecaterina

Mormon (LDS)

ISFP

LovMLB

Front sm

agentclue77

Lizzy-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Simon Gillespie

We got to Marty’s house before he did.

I fidgeted my thumbs while we waited for him to arrive with his new daughter. Meeting new people made me nervous. That also goes for big parties, public speaking, and loud noises. I have a reason for that, but it isn’t one that I’m particularly proud of.

Mom bent down in front of me, “You okay?”

I nodded. I should be. It wasn’t bad right now or anything. I had moved to adjusting my glasses at this point.

Eventually, Marty opened the door and peeked his head inside. “Hey,” he said. “She’s outside, getting her backpack. Everyone be nice, okay?”

Mom and Dad looked at us and Corrine and I nodded.

Marty grinned and poked his head outside, “Okay, Violet, you can come in now.”

A Hispanic girl my age stepped through the door. She had long, wavy black hair and dark brown eyes. She was taller than Corinne but shorter than me, and she walked with a kind of elegance. I couldn’t stop staring at her. She was so pretty.

Corinne had stood up and looked back at me. “Stand up and stop staring at her, lover boy.”

My cheeks warmed as I stood up. Was I going to have to shake her hand? I hoped not. They were all sweaty by this point. When I get like this, my hands either get sweaty or really cold. It was not fun.

“Violet,” Marty said. “This is Simon and Corinne.”

“Hi,” she said.

“Hey.” That was Corinne.

“H-hello,” I croaked out.

Marty hugged Dad and kissed Mom on the cheek. I remember Dad telling me that Marty one-time kissed Mom on the cheek in high school – before Mom and Dad got together – and Dad got a little irritated at him. I don’t think he got irritated at him anymore.

Mom told Marty that she had brought the food, and the cake for dessert, and led him and Dad into the kitchen to set the table.

That left Corinne, Violet, and me alone in the living room.

“So,” Corinne started. “Tell us about yourself.”

Violet took a deep breath and said, “I love science, I just turned thirteen last week, and I’m from Cuba. Technically my name’s Violetta, but Violet is easier for everyone to say.”

Corinne brightened. “You’re from Cuba? That’s one of the spots I marked on my map.”

Oh yeah. Corinne’s map. She was constantly talking about traveling to different countries as soon as she was old enough. Her favorite one? Florence, Italy. She was always wheedling Mom and Dad to take a vacation to Florence.

Violet nodded, “Yeah. I’ve never been there, though.” She looked down at her feet and then looked back at us, “So, Marty told me about you two on the way here, but I want to hear some more from you.”

What had Marty told her about us? Did he tell her about my issues? I hoped not. It wasn’t something I liked other people to know. Only Mom, Dad, Marty, and Corinne knew that about me.

Corinne started first, talking about her maps and the stupid tree she likes to sit in.

Trees were far and few now, but we had this big red maple tree a few blocks down from us that she sits in every chance she gets. I tried going up there one time when I just wanted to be alone. I made it about three feet up and got too scared. Never climbed it again. Corinne, on the other hand, can sit in one of the top branches and just be there for hours.

I went next. I told her about my art, and Corinne told me to show her my sketchbook. My eyes widened at that. I didn’t like people seeing my sketchbook, much less someone that I’d never met before.

Before I could say anything, Corinne pulled my sketchbook out of my backpack. She may have tried to be helpful in situations that made me nervous, but she still did things like this. I guess if you don’t know what it’s like, it’s easy to brush it off.

I looked down at my fidgeting hands while Violet flipped through the book. Just take a deep breath, I told myself.

“Wow,” Violet said finally.

That’s it, I thought. She hates them. She thinks they’re horrible and disgusting and…

“You’re really good,” she told me.

I looked at her. “You think so?”

She nodded and smiled at me.

Her smiling at me made me a different kind of nervous.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveler

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#IChooseHappy

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Choosekind

#Keep39alive

#Asexual

Our lives are made

In these small hours

Front sm

proudcat90

So good! I waited for this all through the ELA test today.

• Posted at:

girl

lucian

catlover

cluehunter

im 12

chocolate!!!!!!!!!

reader&writer

smartblonde

nerdynerd

Greencloak

Front sm

agentclue77

PC90-

Thanks!

Violet

Dinner was better than I expected it to be. Simon and Corinne were both really nice.

I felt like Corinne and I would end up becoming good friends. Simon was cute, but I wasn’t really sure what to make of him. For one, he got really nervous when I was looking through his sketchbook. I’d have to get to know him better. Maybe it had something to do with high levels of dopamine. I know that causes anxiety.

After everyone had left, Marty took me upstairs and led me to where my room was. As I was walking, I took note of the pictures hanging on the wall. There were a few of Marty with Mr. and Mrs. Gillespie, some others with him and his parents, and a lot with him a few years ago with a girl a few years younger than him.

I pointed to one of the pictures of her on the wall. “Who’s that?” I asked. “Is she your girlfriend?”

Marty looked at the picture, then shook his head sadly. “No, she was, uh, she was my little sister, Kimmy.”

“Oh,” I said. “When can I meet her?”

Marty glanced down, and I swear I heard him sniffle. “She um, she died ten years ago. She was only nineteen.”

I knew what it was like to lose someone you loved. I may not remember them that well, but it doesn’t matter. I still lost them.

“I’m sorry,” I said.

He shook his head, “It’s okay, we had known the day going to come. She was diagnosed with lung cancer when she was nine.”

I didn’t know what to say to that, so I just stayed silent.

Marty chuckled, “Let’s not focus on sad things right now. Let’s go see your room.”

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveler

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#IChooseHappy

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Choosekind

#Keep39alive

#Asexual

Our lives are made

In these small hours

Front sm

butterflyamber887

No! Kimmy died. I really hoped she would be alive. This is sad truth.

• Posted at:

Butterflyamber887 also is Proudcat90

Great minds will always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds-

Albert Einstein

Front sm

agentclue77

PC90-

Yeah...I was debating keeping her alive or not, and then concluded that her dying was more realistic

Summer

August

Corinne Gillespie

Latest Tack Pinned: Nigeria

Two weeks after the dinner with Marty and Violet, Marty decided that for back-to-school shopping, he’d buy her a whole new wardrobe.

So, there we were, waiting for Violet to finish trying on some pink dress she had picked out from the rack.

“Listen, Marty,” I heard Dad telling him as he sat down in one of the chairs outside the dressing rooms. “These chairs are going to be your new best friends.”

Marty looked at the chair incredulously, “Why? You think I’m gonna sit in one of these Daddy Chairs?”

Dad raised his hands up, “I’m just saying when Violet walks out of there with a smile on her face that says does this make me look pretty, Daddy you’re going to change.”

Marty rolled his eyes and laughed, “Yeah, whatever.”

Not even a minute later, the door of the dressing room slid open and Violet walked out with a huge smile on her face. Marty looked at her, then at Dad and grinned sheepishly. Then, he looked back at Violet and plopped himself down in the chair.

“What do you think?” Violet asked.

“You look great!” Simon blurted. His cheeks were already pink because he was staring at her, but when we all turned to him, he blushed bright red and adjusted his glasses, muttering something under his breath.

I couldn’t tell, but I’m pretty sure her cheeks turned pink too.

Marty just grinned and said, “It looks great. How about you go in there and put on something else, and come out with that same face, okay?”

Violet bit her lip and hurried back to the dressing room.

After Violet tried on some more things, Mom took the two of us to get some bras and stuff since Marty still wasn’t prepared for dealing with that. (What did he expect adopting a teenage girl?)

Simon initially followed us, but then he figured out where we were going, and he turned beet red and mumbled, “I’m gonna go back with Dad.”

I’m surprised he hasn’t had another episode. The mall usually does that to him. Of course, that wouldn’t be for long.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveler

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#IChooseHappy

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Choosekind

#Keep39alive

#Asexual

Our lives are made

In these small hours

Front sm

proudcat90

Ha! Does he like her or it’s just anxiety?

• Posted at:

girl

lucian

catlover

cluehunter

im 12

chocolate!!!!!!!!!

reader&writer

smartblonde

nerdynerd

Greencloak

Front sm

agentclue77

PC90-

No, he definitely likes her. I'm planning on them being kind of the Elliot and Nina of the second book.

Simon Gillespie

Everything was going fine.

I normally hated back to school clothes shopping because it involved the mall which I hate. It just gets too crowded there, which causes me to freak out. The only place I liked in the mall was the small art supplies store they had.

Anyway, we were also accompanying Marty buy a whole new wardrobe for Violet. Usually, I hated waiting for Corinne to try things on, but it was different with Violet. I thought she looked good in everything she put on.

Afterward Mom took them to go buy some girl things…uh, yeah…I wish I had known where they were going before we actually got there and my face turned bright red. I just went to go find Dad again.

Now, we were in the food court, getting lunch. The dreaded food court. It always gets really, really packed at this time and I hated it. The food itself was great. My personal favorite was The Golden Dragon. But I hate having to eat there with eleventy billion people around me.

I know it shouldn’t bother me too much since the school cafeteria is somewhat like this, but that doesn’t bother me as much as mall food courts do.

I tried staying calm though because I didn’t want Violet to know that I got like this. I stood beside Dad while he told the cashier what I wanted, my hands stuffed in my pockets, so I wouldn’t fidget.

It was once we were trying to find our table that it happened. I was holding the tray of Chinese food in my hand, trying to keep it steady, trying to see where Mom, Corinne, Marty, and Violet had decided to sit when my chest started to hurt.

I told Dad this and he looked at me and nodded. “Just try to hang on a little longer kiddo, we’re almost to the table, and then you can go to the bathroom and splash some water on your face.”

I nodded, taking a deep breath. I finally made it to the table, breathing hard.  I set my tray on the table and ran off to find the bathroom. When I finally found it, I went to the sink and splashed some water on my face.

I stood there a while, trying to catch my breath. At least I didn’t cry this time, which is how I know that it wasn’t too bad. When it gets bad, I start crying which sucks when you live in a world that thinks boys aren’t allowed to cry.

Once my breathing regulated, and my hands stopped shaking, I grabbed a paper towel, dried myself off with it, took the bottle of vitamins out of my sweater pocket, and popped one in my mouth.

I took a deep breath and prepared to go back into that sea of people.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveler

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#IChooseHappy

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Choosekind

#Keep39alive

#Asexual

Our lives are made

In these small hours

Front sm

bookishunicorn121

Okay, maybe the mature thing was because the computer can tell he is in love and thinks it is mature, or maybe just that he has anxiety??? IDK, but it lets me go on now

• Posted at:

I am a

Ravenclaw

Ecaterina

Mormon (LDS)

ISFP

LovMLB

Front sm

bookishunicorn121

Anyways, i really like it!!!!!!! Keep going!!!! 

• Posted at:

I am a

Ravenclaw

Ecaterina

Mormon (LDS)

ISFP

LovMLB

Front sm

agentclue77

Idk maybe. Although, it didn’t say anything about Elliot and Nina in the first one, so...idk. Anyway, I’m glad it lets you now. Next chapter will be up later today

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveler

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#IChooseHappy

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Choosekind

#Keep39alive

#Asexual

Our lives are made

In these small hours

Front sm

bookishunicorn121

ok this is getting weird, it now blocks the other thread where i asked u if u put something mature, i guess it it does not like u??????

• Posted at:

I am a

Ravenclaw

Ecaterina

Mormon (LDS)

ISFP

LovMLB

Front sm

agentclue77

What the heck?? Maybe it’s glitching?

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveler

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#IChooseHappy

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Choosekind

#Keep39alive

#Asexual

Our lives are made

In these small hours

Front sm

bookishunicorn121

Yeah, my prents installed  a program called net nannyon this computer, and it keeps randomly blocking only yur posts becuse they're "maure"

• Posted at:

I am a

Ravenclaw

Ecaterina

Mormon (LDS)

ISFP

LovMLB

Front sm

bookishunicorn121

It thinks it is the boss of me

• Posted at:

I am a

Ravenclaw

Ecaterina

Mormon (LDS)

ISFP

LovMLB

Front sm

agentclue77

THat’s strange. Anyway, I hope it stops in good weird soon

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveler

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#IChooseHappy

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Choosekind

#Keep39alive

#Asexual

Our lives are made

In these small hours

Front sm

bookishunicorn121

Ok, so i fixed it kind of, i just have to press on the thread title, then when it gets blocked press the back button and try it again and it usually works

• Posted at:

I am a

Ravenclaw

Ecaterina

Mormon (LDS)

ISFP

LovMLB

Front sm

agentclue77

*being

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveler

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#IChooseHappy

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Choosekind

#Keep39alive

#Asexual

Our lives are made

In these small hours

Front sm

agentclue77

Violet

Simon was acting weird again.

After Corinne and I bought some stuff with Mrs. Gillespie, we had all decided to get something to eat at the food court. Mr. Gillespie had taken Simon to get some Chinese food and when he came back, all he did was drop his tray on the table and ran off.

I just stared after him questioningly.

“He really needed to pee, Mr. Gillespie said, sharing a look with his wife.

I didn’t think that was it, but from the look they shared, you could tell that they weren’t going to tell me what was really going on with him.

I’d find out what it was soon enough.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveler

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#IChooseHappy

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Choosekind

#Keep39alive

#Asexual

Our lives are made

In these small hours

Front sm

proudcat90

What? I won’t even ask...

• Posted at:

girl

lucian

catlover

cluehunter

im 12

chocolate!!!!!!!!!

reader&writer

smartblonde

nerdynerd

Greencloak

Front sm

agentclue77

PC90-

Yeah...

Fall

September

Corinne Gillespie

Latest Tack Pinned: Georgia

The first day of school. Simon always dreaded it. I personally liked it. But I knew why he didn’t.

“You ready?” I asked Simon, walking into his room.

He wasn’t. He was sitting on his bed in his pajamas, looking at his closet. He nodded anyway.

“Simon, Mom’s not gonna be very happy when she sees that you’re not ready.”

He looked at me and nodded, “I know.”

I walked over to him and put my hands on his shoulders, “Look, I know it’ll be hard for you today, but it isn’t like you haven’t done this before. This’ll be your ninth first day of school, you got this.”

Simon nodded, “Yeah, thanks.” He turned to his closet and then back at me, “Could you, uh, step out so I could change please?”

“Oh, uh, yeah sure. Mom says that Violet and Marty are gonna be here any minute.” I smirked at him, “You want to look good for Violet, don’t you?”

I could see his cheeks turn pink and looked down at his feet, “Could you please leave so I can change?”

I laughed, “Sure, whatever you say.”

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveler

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#IChooseHappy

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Choosekind

#Keep39alive

#Asexual

Our lives are made

In these small hours

Front sm

proudcat90

Aww they really are like Nina and Elliot! So cute.

• Posted at:

girl

lucian

catlover

cluehunter

im 12

chocolate!!!!!!!!!

reader&writer

smartblonde

nerdynerd

Greencloak

Front sm

proudcat90

Where are you? More please!

• Posted at:

girl

lucian

catlover

cluehunter

im 12

chocolate!!!!!!!!!

reader&writer

smartblonde

nerdynerd

Greencloak

Front sm

agentclue77

PC90-

Sorry, sorry, my dad was borrowing my computer for work stuff all day so I couldn't get to it to post the next chapter. But, here it is!

Violet

Holmdale Middle School was a school that I had heard about living at White Orchid Orphanage since Heather Mahoney attended it just a year before coming to the orphanage. She’d always talk about it, and how modern it was, compared to our little place.

I was most looking forward to the science class that she had mentioned.

Marty had shown me pictures of the school from when he was in middle school and then told me that it looked a lot cooler now. He was right, it looked really cool.

The lockers were interesting. They had a touchpad that required your fingerprint, so I had to enter my fingerprint in the coding before I actually got to use it. Apparently, all the other kids had been using the same lockers since the sixth grade.

The schedules were another thing that was completely different from the schedules they gave us for the classes back at the orphanage. I was handed this little stick and when I pressed a button on the top, a little holographic screen came up and that’s what my schedule was.

The desks were yet another thing that needed some getting used to. I’d heard about them but never actually got to use one. Basically, they were like one giant touch-screen. They were pretty cool.

The first day wasn’t actually too bad. Even when the teacher asked me to introduce myself to the class. Everyone seemed really interested. I did take note of a girl in the back who glared at me the whole time. Whatever. I didn’t think too much of it at the time.

My last class of the day was definitely my favorite. Science class. Science was a class back at the orphanage that I always aced. Marty told me to not hold back in science. He told me to crush them in science. I planned to do just that.

“I have already assigned the lab partners for this class,” Mr. Tressler said when we walked into the classroom. He ignored the groans that came with this announcement and read off the list.

My lab partner was Simon. I liked that. Part of me was hoping for Corinne, but Simon was pretty good too.

“You know why Mr. Tressler paired us up together right?” I asked Simon, sitting down next to him at one of the tables.

“Why?”

“Because we have chemistry.” I finished off the joke. I wasn’t very good at puns, but this one was definitely my best one.

Simon looked confused, but there was a hint of excitement in his eyes. “We…we do?” He stared at me a while longer before finally getting the joke and he laughed nervously, “Oh! It was a joke. Yeah, I guess we do.”

This day was pretty good, and I hoped the rest of the year would be like this.

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveler

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#IChooseHappy

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Choosekind

#Keep39alive

#Asexual

Our lives are made

In these small hours

Front sm

proudcat90

No problem! And poor Simon he doesn’t get it 

• Posted at:

girl

lucian

catlover

cluehunter

im 12

chocolate!!!!!!!!!

reader&writer

smartblonde

nerdynerd

Greencloak

Front sm

proudcat90

Did ur father get the computer again? Also, today is Israeli Independence Day.

• Posted at:

girl

lucian

catlover

cluehunter

im 12

chocolate!!!!!!!!!

reader&writer

smartblonde

nerdynerd

Greencloak

Front sm

wrestlingreader13

aka WrestlingReading2

Really interesting! Can’t wait to read more.

• Posted at:

aka WrestlingReading2, Radschord89ish

(29) Nickname: Rad

1 ,