Front sm

elfbulldog81

Branch: Lucian

Inspired by: Willow by Jasmine Thompson, My Father Told Me by Jason De'rae

Credit to: Jade/MusicSpy18, Lillian/WinterFairy70, Sally/LivelyFire22, Lucy/AgentClue77, Cara/MoonlightSunrise37, Starflight/OpalLynx266, and stories like this! (if any credit is missing, tell me, and I will put it in)

Chapter One: Boarding the Backstory

Everything means something. Tattoos are promises of soulmates on your collarbone and eye colors define you. That is common knowledge. What isn’t common knowledge is what happens when you come of age. Horrible beasts, monsters of all kinds, appear. They taunt, attack, and know you wholly. Of course they do. They are the living manifestations of all your fears. Your inner demons have come to life. Now can we defeat them before our whole word becomes apocalyptic?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~              ~              ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“Lia!” I hear my younger brother, Jordan, hollers to me. I turn on my aqua blue surfboard to see him pointing behind me, out towards the ocean, and shouting, “A wave, catch the wave!” I whip my board around and start paddling, not doubting him for a moment. I feel the warm ocean currents drag me into the wave, the foam dotting my soaked hair and wetsuit.

Adrenaline rushes through me and I stand up on my board, giddy with excitement. I ride the wave to shore and look up at the looming storm. “Nice ride?” Jordan inquires, a sly grin on his face. “You bet. Thanks, Danny.” I smile and rub his head. “We should get going, don’t want to get caught in the storm.” He nods and heads to the dark blue Jeep. I shove my surfboard into the back and swing into the driver’s seat.

- - - - -  Five Minutes Later  - - - - -

“Hey, Mom, we’re home!” Jordan calls out as I shut the door behind us. Thunder rumbles from outside. We left the beach just in time, before the storm struck, that is. “Did you have fun?” Mom asks from the kitchen. “Definitely. You should have seen some of Lia’s tricks!” he gushes, going to his room to change. “You weren’t too shabby yourself, Danny,” I compliment in return. “Mm. I’m sure,” Mom says warmly, “Now go shower and change. Remember, Lia, Sebastian is picking you up later.” “I remember,” I reply, giving her a kiss on the cheek. She smiles and goes back to making dinner for her and Jordan.

After showering, I changed into a white tank-top and knee-length skirt with sand-colored sandals and belt. I grab the necklace that Sebastian gave me with a blue opal on it. Sebastian was a guitarist that was my boyfriend/soulmate. I know he’s my soulmate because we are all born with tattoos that define our soulmate. And they turn pink when we meet them. Both of our tattoos turned pink when we met.

I walk out of my room as I clasp my necklace together around my neck. “You look beautiful,” Mom glows and I smile shyly. The doorbell rings and I race towards the door. I straighten my skirt and open the door. Sebastian is at the door, his green eyes twinkling. “Wow,” he says, eyes widening, “You-you look great.” I blush. “Thanks, Sammy.” He clears his throat and give me a rose. “For you.” I gently take the beautiful flower and breathe it in. “It’s beautiful. Thank you.” “Only the best for my girl. Goodbye, Mrs. Hadenson. I’ll make sure to have her back by eleven!” he tells my mother. She smiles and nods in return and we head to his car.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~              ~              ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

My name is Ophelia. Ophelia Selene Hadenson. I live with my younger brother, Jordan Matthew Hadenson, along with our mother, Nassandra Hadenson. My soulmate’s tattoo is of a music note. That’s Sebastian, you heard of him earlier. He’s going to be in this story, too, along with a lot of other people. The story where we end our fears’ hold over us.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

MyNameIs:

Elf

CallMe:

Ranger

ElfDaEarmuff

Potato

ImA:

TwinOElfie

Christian

FangirlInTraining

Quote:

"&WhenUThnkUrDone,GetDownOnUrKnees&PraySomeMore"

APriest@MyChurch

'Member:

MimiWolfieWS665SaltClevSphinxJade

MBBDays:

39C2/14/15

SA11/21/14

Gang:

SA/174813

Front sm

elfbulldog81

Bump!

• Posted at:

MyNameIs:

Elf

CallMe:

Ranger

ElfDaEarmuff

Potato

ImA:

TwinOElfie

Christian

FangirlInTraining

Quote:

APriest@MyChurch

'Member:

MBBDays:

39C2/14/15

SA11/21/14

Gang:

SA/174813

Front sm

moonlightsunrise37

Branch: Ekaterina

Bookmark

• Posted at:

Cara

"You should know you're beautiful

Just the way you are,

And you don't have to change a thing."

-Scars to Your Beautiful. (Alessia Cara)

#RememberAll

#WeAreFamily

#Carewt

#Corinho

Front sm

agentclue77

I like this!

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveler

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#IChooseHappy

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Choosekind

#Keep39alive

#Asexual

Our lives are made

In these small hours

Front sm

elfbulldog81

Yay! :) I'll try to update it every... Friday, maybe. Just expect it over the weekend! :) I'll try to get it earlier when I know I won't be on during that time. :) Thanks for reading!!

• Posted at:

MyNameIs:

Elf

CallMe:

Ranger

ElfDaEarmuff

Potato

ImA:

TwinOElfie

Christian

FangirlInTraining

Quote:

APriest@MyChurch

'Member:

MBBDays:

39C2/14/15

SA11/21/14

Gang:

SA/174813

Front sm

winterfairy70

Branch: Janus

This is really good so far! I can't wait for more!  :3

• Posted at:

I am

Valkyrie!

Christian!

4Given!Victorious!Brave!

Runner!Narnian!

Janus!Warior!Musician!

TwinSister!DaughterOfCapAmerica!

#FreaksLikeMe<3

#I'mNotClay

#WeRFamily

#IChooseHAPPY

#RememberClev

#NeverForgetCyra

#TakeTheStand

Queen&GuardianOfLove/Rebellion

Front sm

livelyfire22

Wow, you gave me credit. Thanks . and it's amazing so far. I like your writing technics.

• Posted at:

Sally

HAMMOCFLAVORED DRINK FAMILY

I have loved you all for years, and I will never stop.

My friends, my family, stay awesome.

#fluffeh

#rememberthelost

*you know you're missed when

someone puts you in their sig*

Front sm

elfbulldog81

@Lillian: Yay! Thanks! :D I have a few chapters done already, but I don't want to post them rapid-fire, because then I get behind and I get writer's block and yeah... :/ But like I said earlier, expect chapter two on Friday(or sometime next weekend)!

• Posted at:

MyNameIs:

Elf

CallMe:

Ranger

ElfDaEarmuff

Potato

ImA:

TwinOElfie

Christian

FangirlInTraining

Quote:

APriest@MyChurch

'Member:

MBBDays:

39C2/14/15

SA11/21/14

Gang:

SA/174813

Front sm

elfbulldog81

@Sally: Of course I gave you credit! I told everyone that gave me ideas that they would be given credit. :) I hope you're able to spot a name or two of yours! And thank you!!! :D

• Posted at:

MyNameIs:

Elf

CallMe:

Ranger

ElfDaEarmuff

Potato

ImA:

TwinOElfie

Christian

FangirlInTraining

Quote:

APriest@MyChurch

'Member:

MBBDays:

39C2/14/15

SA11/21/14

Gang:

SA/174813

Front sm

elfbulldog81

Bump!

• Posted at:

MyNameIs:

Elf

CallMe:

Ranger

ElfDaEarmuff

Potato

ImA:

TwinOElfie

Christian

FangirlInTraining

Quote:

APriest@MyChurch

'Member:

MBBDays:

39C2/14/15

SA11/21/14

Gang:

SA/174813

Front sm

elfbulldog81

Chapter Two: Skating around Certainty

These monsters aren’t just monsters. They are your inner demons. The fears that keep you up at night. That gnaw at you when you are all alone. They control us. They make us run our lives a certain way. And that needs to stop.

= = = = = =              =              = = = = = =

“Careful!” Shawn Andrews shouts as I flip my board in the air. I perfect the landing and smirk at him. He rolls his eyes and gives me a slight smile. I skate over to him and stop my board. “I don’t know why you get so worried all the time,” I tell him, holding my skateboard in one hand. “To be fair, that’s my job,” he replies. I grin.

“Hey, Sky, ready to go home?” I ask my seven-year-old sister. She scampers over with her scooter and nods vigorously. “Can you help me with my helmet, Alex?” she requests quietly. “Always,” I answer and kneel down to unclasp it. I take it off her head and Shawn ruffles her hair. I take her hand and Shawn grabs the scooter he had gotten her as a birthday present when she was five.

Sky skips down the street with one hand around Shawn’s and the other around grasping mine. We walk to the apartment building that we live in and I unlock the door. Sky rushes in and is already up the stairs by the time Shawn closes the door behind me. I race up after her with Shawn on my tail. “Imma gonna getcha!” I call out. I hear her squeal and run faster. When I see her, she’s trying to force the door open, but she doesn’t have a key. I grab her and start to tickle her, her laugh echoing down the hallway.

Shawn shakes his head and chuckles as he opens the door for us to finish inside. Sky runs into towards the couch and I catch her on it and continue her tickle-torture. “Tap out! Tap out!” she shrieks. I stop and we both catch our breaths. Shawn is giving me a half-smile while he makes coffee. “Thanks for taking me to the skate-park, Alex. Thank you, Shawn,” she tells us shyly. “Anytime, Rose,” Shawn replies warmly. “Same here, kiddo,” I respond.

“Go get ready for bed. We should have dinner finished by then,” I order. She nods once and scampers off to our room. Sky and I’s room, that is. “Coffee?” Shawn offers, handing me the pot. I grab it and pour myself. “What do we have?” I question as I take a sip and burn my tongue. I wince. “Careful, it’s hot,” he says. “Ha ha. Now what do we have?” He looks in the freezer and pantry. “I’m hitting the store tomorrow… We have a frozen pizza? Cereal?”

“Okay. I’ll ask Sky which she wants. Mind pre-heating the oven?” I ask, walking towards our room. “Sure,” he replies and takes out the pizza box to look at the temperature. I hear him punch in the numbers as I inquire to Sky, “Sky? Do you want pizza or cereal?” “Cereal, please!” she shouts from the bathroom, mouth full of probably toothpaste. “Guess that means we get the pizza,” I tell Shawn. “Mmm, great,” he replies, rubbing his hands together.

I get out a bowl and milk and pour in Sky’s cereal. I pour in the milk and hear the sliding of the drawer. I whip around to see Shawn smiling slyly and a spoon right in front of my face. I smile back and grab the spoon from his hands. “Thank you.” He give me a peck on the nose and then goes to put the pizza in the oven. Smiling to myself, I put the spoon in the cereal bowl and put it on the counter.

Sky comes running out and seats herself in front of the bowl full of cereal, eying is hungrily. The pizza still has five minutes left. “Thank you, Alex. Thank you, Shawn,” she thanks us in a sing-song voice. “Anything for you, Rose.” Shawn smiles. I kiss her on the forehead as she digs in and get two plates. “Anything for you, Ella,” I hear Shawn tell me as the alarm beeps and I smile.

= = = = = =              =              = = = = = =

My name is Alex Eleanor Kelly. My parents are dead and my soulmate is Shawn Calvin Andrews. He bought an apartment and is in his sophomore year of college. I have a seven-year-old sister named Rose Skylar Kelly. He lets us live with him and in turn I have a job that helps pay the rent. Our fears reach us when we come of age. No one knows the exact age. But they usually appear when you meet your soulmate. Now we’re just waiting… waiting to be found….

• Posted at:

MyNameIs:

Elf

CallMe:

Ranger

ElfDaEarmuff

Potato

ImA:

TwinOElfie

Christian

FangirlInTraining

Quote:

APriest@MyChurch

'Member:

MBBDays:

39C2/14/15

SA11/21/14

Gang:

SA/174813

Front sm

hawkmagic207

Eeeek! I love it!

• Posted at:

~S@||¥~    

GET OFF MY LAWN YOU KIDS!!!        

Dont feel bad, We all got problems                                      

#lordofthefacepal

(Backup account)

Front sm

elfbulldog81

Yay! Thank you! :)

• Posted at:

MyNameIs:

Elf

CallMe:

Ranger

ElfDaEarmuff

Potato

ImA:

TwinOElfie

Christian

FangirlInTraining

Quote:

APriest@MyChurch

'Member:

MBBDays:

39C2/14/15

SA11/21/14

Gang:

SA/174813

Front sm

elfbulldog81

Chapter Three: Whipping up the Works

Eyes can tell you a lot about a person. They help define you. If you have brown eyes, you are adventurous. If you have blue eyes, you are destined to do great things. If you’re main trait is kindness, your eyes are green. Hazel for intelligence. And then if your eyes are red… terrible things will happen to the people closest to you.

* * * * * *              *              * * * * * *

“Almost done?” my mother inquired as she checked the oven for the pie. “Just about,” I replied, whisking the contents of the bowl I was holding one last time. “Good. The pie should be done any moment,” she said, satisfied. “…your turn, anyway!” “Ugh. Fine.” Mom and I shared a smile and went back to work. The boys were home.

“Hon, we’re home!” my dad called out as they came barreling through the door. The second oldest, James, took a deep breath and said, “Mmm, smells good. What’s cooking?” “Pie,” my mom answered and the boys’ faces brightened. “For the store.” And then they fell. “What’s for dinner, ma?” the third, Derek, questioned, finally coming through the door. “Spaghetti. It’s over there in the pot. Grab a bowl and dig in,” she responded.

“It smells wonderful,” dad told mom, kissing her. “Tastes good, too,” the fourth brother, Luke, chimed in, slurping up the noodles. “Georgie, can you get the cheese from the fridge?” mom asked. I nodded and walked over to the refrigerator. I opened the door and grabbed the cheese. Using my elbow to close the door, I walked over to the table to set it down. “Thanks, De,” my three older brothers called in unison and then all reached for it at the same time.

Smirking, I grabbed my bowl and filled it with spaghetti. By the time I got to the dinner table, the last boy was finishing up grating the cheese on his spaghetti. I grabbed it once he put it down. Grating the cheese, dad sat down with his bowl filled while mom got the pie out of the oven and set it on the counter for it to cool down. “Did you boys have fun?” she asked, grabbing her bowl. “Yep,” they responded in unison.

One by one, they said what interesting things happened in town and the gossip going around. “She said that about Johnson? Really?” mom questioned, horror coloring her voice. Luke nodded vigorously. Every once in a while, a “No, he didn’t, Derek!” or a “You’re telling it wrong, James!” would interrupt the story and one of my other brothers would pick it up. As was dinner in the Gibson house.

* * * * * *              *              * * * * * *

My name is Georgia Delilah Gibson. I am the youngest of five and live with three of my older brothers -Derek, Luke, and James- and my parents, Amanda and Daniel Gibson. I haven’t met my soulmate yet. I help my mom create baked goods to sell at the store she owns in town. My parents defeated their fears before my eldest brother was born. But my generation’s fears are on a rampage in my town. Well, more of a hidden rampage, but a rampage all the less. And we have decided to take our town back and stop this violent tradition.

• Posted at:

MyNameIs:

Elf

CallMe:

Ranger

ElfDaEarmuff

Potato

ImA:

TwinOElfie

Christian

FangirlInTraining

Quote:

APriest@MyChurch

'Member:

MBBDays:

39C2/14/15

SA11/21/14

Gang:

SA/174813

Front sm

agentclue77

Nice

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveler

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#IChooseHappy

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Choosekind

#Keep39alive

#Asexual

Our lives are made

In these small hours

Front sm

elfbulldog81

Thank you!!! :) (I'll try to catch up on Into the World before you start it up again, Lucy. :)

• Posted at:

MyNameIs:

Elf

CallMe:

Ranger

ElfDaEarmuff

Potato

ImA:

TwinOElfie

Christian

FangirlInTraining

Quote:

APriest@MyChurch

'Member:

MBBDays:

39C2/14/15

SA11/21/14

Gang:

SA/174813

Front sm

livelyfire22

*exited squeal * yes!

• Posted at:

Sally

HAMMOCFLAVORED DRINK FAMILY

I have loved you all for years, and I will never stop.

My friends, my family, stay awesome.

#fluffeh

#rememberthelost

*you know you're missed when

someone puts you in their sig*

Front sm

agentclue77

Elf-

No problem! Actually...check my WRITING ANNOUNCEMENTS thread for information on that...

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveler

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#IChooseHappy

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Choosekind

#Keep39alive

#Asexual

Our lives are made

In these small hours

Front sm

elfbulldog81

@Sally: :D

@Lucy: Will do! :) 

• Posted at:

MyNameIs:

Elf

CallMe:

Ranger

ElfDaEarmuff

Potato

ImA:

TwinOElfie

Christian

FangirlInTraining

Quote:

APriest@MyChurch

'Member:

MBBDays:

39C2/14/15

SA11/21/14

Gang:

SA/174813

Front sm

elfbulldog81

Chapter Four: Trooping by the Truth

Can anything be as scary as knowing that somewhere out there, in that great big world of ours, that there are creatures that know your deepest, darkest fears and are out to get you? Maybe. Probably not. They terrorize you and the people closest to you. They gang up and haunt the village or town you’re in. But like ghosts, no one but yourself can seem them unless they want others to see them. But they are here. And watching. Always watching….

“Bye, JJ!” Will called out from his old army jeep. I waved and he gave me a casual salute and then rolled out. Still watching the car drive away, I heard a woman guess, “Oh, you must be Mr. Jefferson!” I turned around, smothering my startled feelings, and stuck out my hand. “Josh, please,” I rasped. She shook my hand, a warm smile on her face. Early- to mid-forties, raven, almost blue, bouncing curls to the shoulders with bright green eyes, tan and care-worn skin, and a little short for her assumed age.

“Please, come in! You intend to live with us, no?” she said, walking to the small, one-story house with a sign in the window that said:

Room for Rent

No More Room :(

“My name is Hayden Burns.” Miss Burns opens the door and invites me in. Inside is the family room with a couch against the far wall and two chairs by the window to my right with a little glass coffee table in the middle and TV on a stand with a plant on either side. On my left is a winding staircase to what I assume is the attic. A trapdoor is at the top and beyond the stairs I see a small hallway with three doors. She leads me forward to a doorway in the far wall. We enter the kitchen. Counters cover the back wall with drawers and cabinets above and below them with a fridge beside me to the left and a sink by the dishwasher.

I look to the left and there is the dining room. A circular oak table with six chairs around it occupies the space while another doorway leads back into the living room. Suddenly, a little girl of about six comes running in. She has her mother’s curly hair but they are a red auburn instead of raven with green eyes speckled with hazel and her skin is fairer because of her youth. “Mommy, Mommy, I finished cleaning the bedroom!” she declares proudly, smiling widely to reveal a missing front tooth.

Miss Burns, or should I say Mrs. Burns, smiles at the child and replies with, “Very good, Robyn. This is Mr. Jefferson, he’ll be living with us.” I kneel down, my pack falling to the floor. “Hi,” she greets shyly, looking at the floor. “You can call me Josh if you want,” I tell her. She looks up at me slowly and smiles timidly. Robyn looks at my dog tags and gently puts them in her hand. “My daddy has these!” she exclaims. I smile a little. She looks back up at me and grins even wider. Then she give me a hug and grabs my hand, shouting, “Come on, come on! Lemme show you the room!”

Robyn pulls me through the doorway and down another hallway. It has two doors and she opens the one on the left side. She skips in and stands in the middle of it proudly. “Like it?” she asks. It has a twin mattress tucked in the left corner with a nightstand beside it and a lamp on top. A bookcase stands in the right corner closest to me. There’s a window that takes up the right corner across my bed and a desk and chair is situated so that you can look up from writing and see the backyard. A small dresser is by the bookcase. There’s a rug on the ground and a teddy bear on the bed.

I smiled and nodded. “I put my bear on the bed because I figured you’d need it more than I did,” she stated quietly. I walk over kneel down, placing a hand on her shoulder. I look into her eyes and say sincerely, “Thank you.” She beams at me. “Come on, Roby, let’s let Josh here settle in,” Mrs. Burns calls from the doorway, holding out a hand to Robyn. She skips over and waves goodbye to me. I wave back as her mother says, “I’ll be in the kitchen if you need me. The bathroom is that door right across the hall. I hope you like it here.” I nod my thanks and she leaves with Robyn.

I sit down on my bed and pull out my two extra pairs of clothes. I set the pants in one drawer and the shirts in the other. After unpacking my meager possessions, I place my army bag underneath the bed and gently grab the teddy bear. It has honey-colored fur with a lighter shade for the face and paws. It has a black nose and two shiny black eyes and no visible mouth. It’s worn and you can see a few stitches. But it’s loved and has a camo-green handkerchief tied around its neck that obviously wasn’t there before today. And the fact that a little girl gave me her loved toy means the world to me.

- - - - -  One And A Half Months Later  - - - - -

I look at the stuffed bear and remember the first time I saw it. “Josh! Time for dinner!” Mrs. Burns calls from the kitchen. I put the old bear on the nightstand and walk to the kitchen. “You really don’t need to do this, Mrs. Burns,” I tell her, sitting down. “Oh, it’s the least I can do. After all, not only do you, without fail, every week, pay the rent, but you help Roby with her homework and help me do the yardwork and countless other things. If giving you a bed to sleep in and food to eat is the least I can do, then I will gladly do so.”

She puts a pot of stew on the table and starts doling out portions. First to Roby, then to me. Roby digs right in and I take a bite. “This tastes amazing, Mrs. Burns,” I compliment. Robyn nods her head vigorously in agreement. “Thank you.” She smiles and takes a seat, starting to eat the stew. That’s when the windows blow in.

My name is Joshua Michael Jefferson. My parents died when I was young and I lived on the streets before joining the army when I was sixteen. I got out recently and live with Mrs. Hayden Burns and her daughter, Robyn Elizabeth Burns, while Mr. Burns, who’s in the military as well, is deployed. My monsters have haunted me since I was a kid. But I haven’t had the motivation to take action against them. Until they decided to take action against me.

• Posted at:

MyNameIs:

Elf

CallMe:

Ranger

ElfDaEarmuff

Potato

ImA:

TwinOElfie

Christian

FangirlInTraining

Quote:

APriest@MyChurch

'Member:

MBBDays:

39C2/14/15

SA11/21/14

Gang:

SA/174813

Front sm

elfbulldog81

Bump! Sorry that the chapter was later than usual! 

• Posted at:

MyNameIs:

Elf

CallMe:

Ranger

ElfDaEarmuff

Potato

ImA:

TwinOElfie

Christian

FangirlInTraining

Quote:

APriest@MyChurch

'Member:

MBBDays:

39C2/14/15

SA11/21/14

Gang:

SA/174813

Front sm

elfbulldog81

Sorry for the break! :P Hope you enjoy this one! :) 

Chapter Six: Jamming the Joviality

Means of which to destroy our demons are hard to come by. The motivation to do it comes by once in a lifetime. You can kill them, sure, but as long as you fear and have faults, they keep coming. And no one’s perfect. So you have to cut them off at the source. Make sure they don’t come back ever again. You gotta tear the weed up from the roots.

| | | | | | |              |              | | | | | | |

“That was a pretty tune,” Ophelia commented. “Ya think so?” I inquire, looking down on her from my place between her and the hammock. She moves around so that she can see me and smiles. Her black hair falls from behind her shoulder and into her eyes. I tuck it behind her ear as she replies, “Absolutely.” I grin back and she resumes her position, snuggled up on me, in a hammock, as I slowly swing it back and forth with foot.

Lia checked her watch and sighed. “I gotta go,” she told me. “Really?” I groaned. She sat up and nodded. I sighed in defeat and swung my legs over the side so I was sitting next to her. She gave me a peck on my cheek before she stood up. “The melody was really pretty. You should keep going with it,” Ophelia informed me. I grinned.

I grabbed my guitar and stood up, taking her hand and holding it in mine. “If you must go, you must go. Want to keep up a good impression with the Mrs.,” I proclaimed. She chuckled to herself and we walked to my car. I opened the door for Lia and she took her seat. I jogged to the other side and sat down just as she clicked her seatbelt in. I put my guitar in the back seat and got myself situated before turning the key to start the engine.

“Time to get you back to the sea, Seal,” I joked. She swatted at my arm as I started onto the road. “Stop with that stupid nickname,” She chided. “It’s true. I wonder if you would evaporate like a jellyfish if I left you out in the sun too long,” I wondered. “Oh my gosh!” she laughed. I smiled as I heard her laugh. It was like music to my ears.

- - - - - - Ten Minutes Later - - - - - -

I parked at the side of the ride right by Ophelia’s house and got out and looked at it in horror. Where her house was now was a pile of rocks. Her house was by a cliff and… it was struck by an avalanche. Lia screamed as she saw it. “MOM! DANNY!” she cried. It echoed amongst the wreckage.

I walked around and put an arm around her. “Oh gosh,” she moaned. I look down at her in silence and saw that her chocolate skin was paler, her brown eyes horrified. I followed her line of sight and there I saw a horrendous creature. It had the physique of a wolf. But it was no wolf.

It was the size of a horse with a smashed in version of a wolf’s snout and no tail. It looked to be made of rough, black rock and the cracks had what looked like aqua blue lava running through it. Its eyes were the same color and it had no whites. The pupils were slits and snake-like. Its ears were like a rabbit, but there was nothing cute about this monster. The ears were a foot or two high and made of the same black rock and blue magma. They swiveled constantly, as if trying to catch every iota of sound it could find.

The monster’s name was Heth. The very manifestation of fear. All of us had our own Heth. Its lava was differently colored to match the person and it ran throughout the creature, like some kind of blood. It couldn’t smell, but it could hear a pin drop from five miles away and see a bat on the blackest night from a mile away. It wasn’t fast nor was it agile, but it was strong and its bones were made of platinum and its fangs dripped acid. And it could control rock and lava.

Heth didn’t often cause trouble. It would just watch from a distance. But I was certain Heth was the cause of the avalanche. It fixed his aqua eyes on us and seemed to smirk. Then Heth turned around and walked into the shadows, disappearing from our sight.

| | | | | |              |              | | | | | |

My name is Sebastian Samuel Lukas. I live with my mom, dad, two younger sisters, and one younger brother. I met my soulmate, Ophelia Selene Hadenson, when I was fourteen years old. I’ve been with her ever since. I’ve seen my fears, but I’ve never tried to destroy them. Not until our fears hurt the people closest to me. And I will not stop until I destroy every single one of them.

• Posted at:

MyNameIs:

Elf

CallMe:

Ranger

ElfDaEarmuff

Potato

ImA:

TwinOElfie

Christian

FangirlInTraining

Quote:

APriest@MyChurch

'Member:

MBBDays:

39C2/14/15

SA11/21/14

Gang:

SA/174813

Front sm

elfbulldog81

Oh dear! I accidentally sent in the sixth chapter instead of the fifth! :/ So sorry!!! Anyways, here is the fifth!!

Chapter Five: Byting Time by the Bend

See, it doesn’t matter if you’re a good person or a bad one. It doesn’t even matter if you’ve changed from one to another. We all have fears. Faults that developed over time. Nightmares that keep us up at night. And they like to talk to us about that to make the fire inside of us shrink and shrink until not even an ember is left. And that needs to stop.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-              -_-              -_-_-_-_-_-_-

I look up as I hear the door to the girls’ room close quietly. Spiky, raven black pixie-cut hair with neon blue streaks and accompanying beautiful eyes great me as I see Ella walk towards me, rubbing her eyes. “What are you doing up?” she questions in a froggy voice. “Working on classes,” I reply and lean my head back to give her a kiss as she stands behind me chair, “What are you doing up?” She shrugs. “Couldn’t sleep.” “Nightmares.” It wasn’t a question. She shifted her weight from one foot to another before nodding.

I stand up and wrap her in my arms. “I’ll always be there for you, you know that, right?” I murmured through her hair. She nods. Pulling back, I nod. “Good. Do you want some decaf coffee or tea?” I offered, walking to the kettle of water I had boiled an hour ago for coffee. “Tea, if it’s not too much trouble,” Ella replies and squints at the computer screen. “What class are you doing?” “Math.” “Regular old math?”

I snorted. “I wish it was regular old math. Nah, it’s math on steroids. I can barely pronounce the name.” She chuckled. “But why are you doing it so late at night?” “Because it’s a pain in the neck.” “Test soon?” “This Tuesday,” I confessed, getting out a cup and her favorite tea bag while the water boils.

“Ouch,” she agreed. I nodded. “Don’t worry. You’ll ace it. I know it,” she affirmed, “There’s no way you’ll fail.” “Mmm,” was my response as I poured the tea into the cup. “I remember back in high school I would see you come in at the most random times with your little computer and pencil and you would ask for the most specific coffee and a boat-load of napkins,” Ella divulged, standing beside me and leaning her head on my arm, “And then you would sit down and open your computer and start scribbling equations all over the napkins and you wouldn’t even notice the coffee until after it was long cold.”

I chuckled as I thought back to when I first laid eyes on her. “Yep. You had served my coffee for weeks before I actually looked up at you. And when I did I saw the most beautiful blue eyes glaring down angrily at me,” I reminisced.

“You did not think that,” she chided, “And I was glaring because I was tired of cleaning up after you. You kept leaving your napkins everywhere!” I smirked in response.

A small smirk crept up on her, too. “Ah, the simpler times. Of course, then, I didn’t know about my soon-to-be younger sister, Rose,” I informed her. She laughed to herself and rolled her eyes, shaking her head. Since the tea was done, I pulled back from her warm embrace to hand her the cup. She took it with a nod and blew on it before taking a sip. She winced as she burned her tongue.

“Careful,” I say, “It’s hot.”  She glares at me and then rolls her eyes. In a gentler voice I tell her, “Now go back to bed. You have an early day tomorrow.” She nods, a tired look on her face and takes another sip. I give her a kiss on the forehead. “Good night,” I murmur. She smiles and whispers, “Good night” before carefully trudging back into the girl’s room with her cup of tea.

Still smiling at the exchange, I walk back to my seat. Sitting down, I grab my coffee cup and sipped it, glancing back at the closed door. Chuckling to myself as I remembered the odd day I had met her, I looked back at the computer screen and continued to study. It was going to be a long night. And an even longer day.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-              -_-              -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

My name is Shawn Calvin Andrews. I grew up with my parents and one older sister and two younger sisters. I met my soulmate, Alex Eleanor Kelly, two years ago and in college I decided to get an apartment and have Ella and her sister, Rose Skylar Kelly, to live with me. I have yet to fight my demons. But when they fight my loved ones…. I won’t hold back.

• Posted at:

MyNameIs:

Elf

CallMe:

Ranger

ElfDaEarmuff

Potato

ImA:

TwinOElfie

Christian

FangirlInTraining

Quote:

APriest@MyChurch

'Member:

MBBDays:

39C2/14/15

SA11/21/14

Gang:

SA/174813

Front sm

agentclue77

SO GOOD

• Posted at:

Lucy

Mastermind

Wonder

Disnerd

Timetraveler

Pegasister

Hunter

Story Thief

Child of Exile

Recruit

Jedi

Avenger

Shadow Child

#FreaksLikeMe

#WeAreFamily

#IChooseHappy

#NeverForgetAnyone

#Choosekind

#Keep39alive

#Asexual

Our lives are made

In these small hours

Front sm

elfbulldog81

Thank you!!!!

(Also, I forgot that this was all also inspired by love songs whose titles's are girl's names. :)

• Posted at:

MyNameIs:

Elf

CallMe:

Ranger

ElfDaEarmuff

Potato

ImA:

TwinOElfie

Christian

FangirlInTraining