Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

Branch: Janus

@Christy 

It's fine!

@Lucy

I can't stand abusive relationships romanticized. 

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Waterbender, Trekkie, Jedi, Narnian, spy, bookworm, PJ fan, dreamer, Stargater, Tribute, and more. 

~Monica Cahill~                 1 Timothy 4:12

"Fantasy reveals what reality obscures."

The world is quiet here...

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

musicspy18

One word: Twilight

• Posted at:

jade.

Artemis Jean Trinity Rebel Cosima Eleanor Tris Yoalan Cheshire

'Cause I'm tap, tap, tapping on the glass. I'm waving through a window - dear evan hanson

#ENFP

#FreaksLikeMe<3

#TakeTheStand

Front sm

musicspy18

Also, on the whole Magnus Chase thing, I agree that the whole gender-fluid character reminder was annoying. I personally liked the Magnus Chase books, though not as good as PJO/+HoO. Riordan is dragging his books a little but I think he's starting to wrap them all up, because especially with Trials of Apollo, there are going to be five books in the series and I think that is either going to be the end or he's going to have one more series with like EVERYONE and bring all the gods together. (I personally think that would be awesome) and I'm not someone who supports LGBT+ at all and don't like that(SPOLIERS FOR LAST MAGNUS CHASE BOOK) Alex kissed Magnus twice, once as a boy and girl. I think Alex is a cool character, I just don't like that he is genderfluid/gay. I mean even in Trials of Apollo, Riordan has a lesbian couple, though he doesn't push it, thank God. I know that Riordan supports the whole LGBT+ thing, and that really disappoints me that he HAS to put it in his books.

• Posted at:

jade.

'Cause I'm tap, tap, tapping on the glass. I'm waving through a window - dear evan hanson

#ENFP

#FreaksLikeMe<3

#TakeTheStand

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Jade

I think a series about all the characters would be really cool as long as it's written well. My opinion on LGBT+ in media directed towards children is that it shouldn't be in it. I think it's something parents should have a private conversation about with their kids. Like for me I learned about same sex relationships really young because I had a great uncle who was homosexual (he sadly passed away) and he had a partner and my mother explained to me that though my uncle hadn't told us specifically it was pretty obvious that they were in a relationship. But there are kids who are learning about these issues really young while their parents aren't even aware and I don't think that's okay. Because they may be learning about the LGBT+ community, but other issues aren't being addressed. Like for instance transmitted diseases. They're only seeing one side of the picture. There's also a good chance that Rick is just doing it for the money, or in part. The fact that he had hardly any characters of non-European background in PJO (from what I remember), and the fact that he only started to have LGBT+ characters after it became popular is fishy. 

• Posted at:

Waterbender, Trekkie, Jedi, Narnian, spy, bookworm, PJ fan, dreamer, Stargater, Tribute, and more. 

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

cutewolf230

Just saying, don't read the Alex Rider series. It's a good book and all, but I just don't get it. You never find ut about his parents, and it just gets annoying how he doesn't ever stop telling about the action.

• Posted at:

Accalia T.

Lyra 

Jessica 

Natalie 

Jake 

Eira 

"There is no greater love than to lay down one's life for one's friend." John 15:13 NLT

Official SAMBer since 2016 

MasterSAMB

In honor of Stefen Karl's cancer

#The flag still stands for freedom

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

Branch: Ekaterina

@Monica

I'm mixed with the idea of LGBT+ representation in media for children. One on side, it shows that it's okay and normal and there's nothing wrong with being LGBT. But like you said, they usually don't go into issues either.

I think if LGBT+ characters are in the media for younger children, it should be with recurring or minor characters. You'd rarely see them and likely not know much beyond a mention of a boyfriend or girlfriend. Besides, having LGBT+ main characters in children's shows will just result in discussions that definitely would be better (and easier to understand) when someone is older.

• Posted at:

Hazel

Respect IR

Remember Emerald

"See the world not as it is, but as it should be."

My Blog: /301450

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Hazel

I understand your point of view. But for me it should be more a parent/guardian thing. Like for example there are people for polygamy and people against it (I'm against it). So better a child learn about it not through entertainment, but through a parent. Especially since polygamy is usually very damaging for those involved. But I think that where our culture is heading you have to have discussions with your kids at an earlier age than what was the norm in the past. Personally I grew up knowing about things that even older teens were oblivious too. That's just how I was raised. But agree to disagree. : ) 

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

analyzingacrobatics725

aka DragonDragon804

I dont the LGBT character should be in  show for little kids like at that age you cqant even grasp what gay is

• Posted at:

PART OF THE WRITE OWLS

Owl name 

Owl of Night and Reading

POWER IS NEITHER GOOD NOR EVIL BUT ITS USER MAKES IT SO.

WHAT GOES DOWN MUST COME UP!

If you hurt my friends  I WILL DESTROY YOU!!!!  

Just saying...

#Alllivesmatter

Front sm

analyzingdragon106

aka CatchingBlue120

Hey jack you need to pov on the star wars rp as soon as possible! bump!

• Posted at:

THE NAMES TAYLOR. GIRLS RULE! RP Queen!

Miraculous Ladybug Rp signup: /300197

YAY!-Vanessa

WA HOO!-Omar

Scary Stories: /302461

Yes darkness shall rain! HAHAHA!*Laughs Evilly*-Dark One

New vampires rp check it out: /299630

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

@Monica

Ah. No, I get it. This is definitely the sort of stuff that children should learn from a trusted adult, not television. And probably in middle school at the earliest.

I mean, I didn't know what LGBT was until a friend described it to me in 6th grade. My mom tried to explain it when I used the word gay (as a replacement for the word happy, not LGBT) in 3rd grade, but I didn't understand at all (She ended up having me look it up in the dictionary and told me never to use the word again. I still didn't understand it because the dictionary made it all complicated and just dropped the topic).

I'm glad I didn't know all this stuff until later because it gave me the chance to just be a kid. No politics or discussions best left for when we're older.

• Posted at:

Hazel

Respect IR

Remember Emerald

Front sm

analyzingdragon106

aka CatchingBlue120

Bump!

• Posted at:

THE NAMES TAYLOR. GIRLS RULE! RP Queen!

Miraculous Ladybug Rp signup: /300197

YAY!-Vanessa

WA HOO!-Omar

Scary Stories: /302461

Yes darkness shall rain! HAHAHA!*Laughs Evilly*-Dark One

New vampires rp check it out: /299630

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Hazel

I agree. Once you're an adult people are obsessed with being at each others throats when it comes to politics, so best to just let kids be kids before it's taken away. Though I am for kids learning about the different sides of politics and worldviews at a young age, once they're at the age where they can grasp it. 

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

@Monica

Agreed.

• Posted at:

Hazel

Respect IR

Remember Emerald

Front sm

musicspy18

@Monica - I agree that the having LGBT+ opionons in children's book, is not something that should be in there. I mean, when I have kids, I won't be letting them read the stories until I've explained the LGBT+ to them. Yes, Riordan instantly put  LGBT+ characters into his stories, the first one being Nico DeAngleo, and that was the time that people started "coming out" offically. Yes, it does seem fishy 

@Hazel - Well, from the way that you are saying that, I'm guessing that you support LGBT+? See for me, I learned about LGBT+ by an older age, from my parents, which I'm happy about. So I believe that kids should learn certain topics at certain ages, when they are ready. Because, young children haven't fully processed everything at a young age. So I agree with you there

• Posted at:

jade.

#ENFP

#FreaksLikeMe<3

#TakeTheStand

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

@Jade

I don't support LGBT+ people, I am an LGBT+ individual. To be honest, I think it's why seeing stuff like this frustrates me so much. 

A lot of people just think I'm pro-LGBT+ anything, but I've got common sense. I know it's something best saved for a parent or guardian to tell their child around middle school (old enough to understand, but also young enough that you have the knowledge when you're trying to figure out who you are) and that not all representation is good representation (like what we mentioned earlier, constantly mentioning how the individual is LGBT+ or adding them into media because it's popular and never giving the character the depth it needs for people to really relate to them outside of who they like).

• Posted at:

Hazel

Respect IR

Remember Emerald

Front sm

greendog1510

I am David, is so boring and I am willing to read any book, but I will never read it again. 

• Posted at:

Cookie

If cookies are awesome, I guess I'm awesome!

❄MLP Fan #PinkePie is the best! 

Love Foxes and Owls and Chickens.

Loves to RP 

spaghettification- a word that is not related to food  

#Cookgo

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Jade

Me too. If I have kids I'll explain the lgbt+ community before letting them read books about it. 

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

musicspy18

@Hazel - Alright, I wasn't sure.

• Posted at:

jade.

#ENFP

#FreaksLikeMe<3

#TakeTheStand

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

I want to say that this thread is no longer just for reviews saying not to read a book. If you liked a book but it had major/minor flaws and you want to write a review about those flaws you can do it on this thread. I'll be doing one soon. 

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

Bunny Drop by Yumi Unita

This is a series you should never pick up. It's disgusting. I read volume 1 and thankfully looked up reviews for the other books and the ending was so disgusting that I dropped the series. My sibling randomly picked up the first volume which we both liked. It's a manga and it starts off with a 30 year old man whose grandfather just died and it is revealed that the grandfather had a young child who's 6. The 30 year old man takes in the little girl when no one else wants to take care of her while he looks for her mother who seems to have abandoned her. He's pretty immature for his age but through the adoption becomes more responsible and a better person while taking care of her and helping her through her trauma. It definitely wasn't the best manga I've ever read but it was touching, though he was an annoying character. It was the story of a blossoming father daughter relationship and adoption. Now here's how it ends in volume 9 (there is a volume 10 but I think it's a flashback): It turns out the 30 year old man Daikchi isn't related to the little girl Rin. Now it doesn't matter because he's basically the only father she has/remembers. He's her dad. It doesn't matter if it's biological or not. Rin, who's now 16-17 tells Daikchi that she's in love with him, and they decide to eventually get married when she's older. He's 40 when this happens. WHAT EVEN?!?! Here's a little bit of a review to sum it up (I had to edit it a little): 

"He tries to salvage the situation as best he can, giving an ultimatum that she give him two years to come to terms with the situation, and carry on with her school work as though nothing's happened - and if she meets someone she likes while in school to go for it and forget about him. Can't blame him for hoping that this will happen, though I'd still suggest the shrink myself.

Unfortunately for the poor guy, it doesn't work and after two years Rin graduates and is as infatuated as ever. It ends with Daisuke giving in, because 'he can never reject Rin outright'. It seems mostly like he doesn't want to hurt her feelings. And the two of them discuss the future."

First of all, how disgusting is that? Secondly, this isn't even realistic. Most normal adoptive parents would send their kid to a psychiatrist. And all of this is written by a woman. It's horrible. AND EVERYONE IN THEIR LIVES ARE HAPPY FOR THEM!!! I can't even believe that the character I knew in the first book did this. Anime/manga can be so gross and this is why I always do research before getting into something. 

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

, 2