Front sm

arrowwind14

aka AnalyzingAnalyzing303

Branch: Lucian

As you know, CVV mission 3 requires you to install Unity Web Player. Due to an issue, the last one, Robot Spider one, is not working on my computer. Suggestions? (though this will probably be ignored)
  • Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Hi

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Yeah AA303, your post was ignored by the mods. No surprise there, unfortunately.You could click on the help button and send a message that will be ignored by even more important people (I've done this a few times). They need to get someone on the MB who cares and CAN DO SOMETHING about our issues and problems so we can quit having so0o0o0o many threads complaining about how we're tired of this and that (cuz I know I am!!!!!)
  • Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

wonderwhip,            ●~

and an amazecherry on top!

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

pessimisticoptimistic2

aka BandTrigger1

Branch: Ekaterina

Same with me.
  • Posted at:

PESSIMISTICOptimistic2 

Emma

"Love is Love and not fade away..."~Buddy Holly

CLASSIFIED

Dude! That happened to me to
  • Posted at:

Front sm

bearanalyzing151

aka BearAnalyzing121

I don't know. I can't even play it, because my father's out of town and my mother doesn't want to download anything without him! :( Good luck, try looking online?
  • Posted at:

Don't take life for granted: every single moment is special.

2 yr-old MBer!

I am a:

Christian

Potterhead

daughter of Athena

Writer

My name? Jenna Heap, Castle Queen

Front sm

arrowwind14

BUMP!
  • Posted at:

Hi

CLASSIFIED

My mom won't let me download it until she checks with some 'experts'.  It should be safe if the site is using it, but she doesn't want to find out later it collects info on us  or does something she doesn't expect.  Hope she finds out quickly!!!  (Oh, my dad's work computer doesn't have it already and it's almost brand new, so he won't download it until they okay it, too.  I couldn't get the motorcycle chase in #2 to work at home since it's so slow, so he let me use it to play it twice and it actually finished.)
  • Posted at:

Front sm

firedragon795

aka FireDragon113

Branch: Tomas

Yes, it's safe. Although it probably won't matter coming from me. But it's fine. I don't feel like explaining it now.
  • Posted at:

I am watching. Always.

Front sm

adorablerabbit55

aka WinningBrilliant10

I have the same problem too!
I can't finish the mission because the Robot Spider doesn't work. I tried it on a different computer and it still didn't work.
  • Posted at:

adorablerabbit55 aka WinningBrilliant10

"Stay witme   

"Always       -Katniss and Peeta

The Hunger Games

The World Will Be Watching

Front sm

bearanalyzing151

aka BearAnalyzing121

If you come up with proof that it's safe, could you post it one here? I want to put it on my Dad's old work laptop, and it's really expensive so they won't take any chances.
  • Posted at:

2 yr-old MBer!

I am a:

Christian

Potterhead

daughter of Athena

Writer

Front sm

arrowwind14

BUMP!

BTW, DM1, tell your parents that Unity Web Player is an installation that makes the mission 3D. Sorta.... 
  • Posted at:

Hi

Front sm

sagawriter14

aka AmethystChurch2

Branch: Janus

DragonMagic1: Same here. I can't download it yet. When I will be able to is beyond me. Maybe when I turn 32.

-Kelly♥
  • Posted at:

Demons run, but count the cost

The battle's won, but the child is lost

When a good man goes to war

topics/82106

Front sm

bearanalyzing151

aka BearAnalyzing121

My father FINALLY installed it, and it ran without a hitch. Maybe your computer's faulty? I used Firefox, if that helps.
  • Posted at:

2 yr-old MBer!

I am a:

Christian

Potterhead

daughter of Athena

Writer

CLASSIFIED

Sorry it's taken so long--I don't have a complete answer yet.  My mom checked with one expert.  The suggestion was to look at CNET.  If you install from there and want to uninstall it later, it will have the ability to do so.  Adobe flash has had millions of downloads there; Unity had less than 7,000 when we checked.  The 2 comments were positive tho.  The other person she wants to talk to will hopefully be available tomorrow.  Also, we're still looking into the system requirements to see if our ancient computer has enough memory, etc. 

The other reason is she downloaded a different product a while back.  There were some really good things about it, but there were also some things we didn't realize it would do, so she uninstalled it.  Like I said, she's cautious.  (Believe it or not, she removed G earth a long time ago--it took out our g mail also, which shouldn't have happened.  The reason--we didn't have enough memory at the time.  We've added some memory, but certain products can be CPU hogs.) 
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

She finally got in touch with the person that oversees the computers at my dad's work.  He wasn't familiar with it so is contacting the head IT person.  It may be a while. . .
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

Still waiting--the head IT guy is/was on vacation--not sure if he's back yet, but he's probably overloaded with work for a bit.  Will check again tomorrow. 

On a side note:  I installed a product called Ghostery and now Bryx doesn't work right--actually, it doesn't work at all.  It just sits there.  My mom wasn't happy because I didn't tell her I was going to install it and it's not a straight-forward uninstall.  The instructions on their site to remov it can't be completed as written--something's really wrong.  (My uncle told me about it, so I thought it would be okay.)  Oh, yeah, it was right after a Flash update, so we don't know if that's possible causing the problem instead, but Ghostery says it can have issues with certain products.  Oh, well.
  • Posted at:

Front sm

arrowwind14

BUMP! Please help mods.....I'M ACTUALLY BEGGING!
  • Posted at:

Hi

CLASSIFIED

I tried it on another computer today and it won't let it be installed.  They use a CIPA filtering program and it is not allowed.  My mom isn't comfortable allowing me to download it yet because of that. 
  • Posted at:

Front sm

arrowwind14

BUMP!
  • Posted at:

Hi

CLASSIFIED

Hi!  My mom got a reply from Scholastic and is more comfortable with installing it.  The IT guy she was waiting for said they won't allow it there because it's used to play games.  Maybe next week we'll have time to back up the computer, etc. and install it.  I know it won't happen this weekend.
  • Posted at:

Front sm

firedragon795

aka FireDragon113

Personally, I think you guys are waaayyy to cautious. I mean we are too, and don't download anything, but I think you're going overboard. It's been what, a month? I mean it just takes a little research if you know where to look. I mean it's just a browser plugin that lets you see games made by Unity Game Engine. That's it.
  • Posted at:

I am watching. Always.

CLASSIFIED

FD113, Did you ever use Silverlight?  My mom researched it and spoke with some people who are very technically educated and they don't like it, so she won't allow it.  I can't remember the exact reason why right now, tho.?
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

?
  • Posted at:

Front sm

firedragon795

aka FireDragon113

What does Silverlight have to do with this? Besides, it's the same thing as Adobe Flash. And you should know that's safe. Silverlight's the same thing exept it's made by Microsoft. I mean they are both browser plugins that support RIAs. I don't know alot about Silverlight, but you could use Flash rather than that.
  • Posted at:

I am watching. Always.

CLASSIFIED

I HAVE TIP.DONT USE FIREFOX OR GOOGLE CHROME.ONLY INTERNET EXPLORER WORKS.I TALK FROM EXPERIENCE
  • Posted at:

Front sm

arrowwind14

I've had Silverlight installed for YEARS with no problem. Let me try the mission again, they might've fixed it. And I use ONLY Internet Explorer, AmazingYellow.
  • Posted at:

Hi

Front sm

arrowwind14

YES!! IT FINALLY WORKED!!! HALLEJUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CHICKEN NOOOOODLES!!!!!!!!!! [Brother: Chicken Noodles?] FARARI!!!!!!!! MERCEDES!!!! MITT ROMNEY!!!!! [Brother: What??] FRIDAY THE THIRTEENTH!!!!! [Brother: *yanks me off computer*] NOOO! SMILEy FaCerahet6hbhyc v5ferh
  • Posted at:

Hi

CLASSIFIED

So, basically, to play the missions, you got to just download the unity web?
  • Posted at:

Front sm

twilightprince30

Hey guys i got the message that i gotta download unity web player so i clicked on the button which said download unity web player, it redirected me to unity's official site where i downloaded unity web player for internet explorer. I got it, installed it ran the setup and everything else possible but yet whenever i return to this site it says i gotta install it what to do??

Some help please.. i am dying to play cahills vs vespers mission 3

• Posted at:

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

http://doublecross.scholastic.com/forums/topics/293535

Hi. Sorry you are having this problem. Go to this thread. Go to the help button at the top right of the forum to get help from the techs. It's what they do. The more of us that do this, the more likely we'll get a response.

George

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

wonderwhip,            ●~

and an amazecherry on top!

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

bluecode359

The Unity Web Player isn't working for me. I've tried Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox.....

• Posted at:

Bluecode359

Front sm

bluecode359

OH MY GOSH!  I tred it again on internet explorer and it worked ! 

• Posted at:

Bluecode359