Front sm

ambersnow38

Branch: Janus

Monica: 

Well, as of yesterday, he is officially named Lennox! And, I believe he is (from what my Mom has told me). He's still going to be in the hospital for a while. But, he's not on the ventilator anymore and I think he's starting to eat regular baby things!

Same here. I think I'll do an Infinity War review in the next couple of days. But that movie may have broken my emotions.....At least, movie wise. I don't know.

YES! Or her and Peter. I would absolutely love to see that! Yeah, I hope they bring her back. I know in the comics T'Challa ends up marrying Storm. But I honestly think he and Nakia are a better couple. 

I can see where the genocide comes in, regarding his character. But, at the same time, I'm gonna have to agree to disagree.

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Reese

Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace.

#TeamBiancaandPetra

#IChooseHappy

家族

These wings are made to fly.

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Reese

That's such a neat name. I'm glad that he's well! 

Her and Peter would be great as well. He and Nakia are definitely a better couple imo. 

Okie dokie. 

It was a slow burn thing but I'm officially smad (it's totally a word) that Jemma, Fitz, and Elena have been sorta kinda basically ruined for me. *grabs Mack, Phil, May, and Daisy* Don't you four turn on me too. If they can find some way to make The Invincible Three likable again that would ge great. I get why they're acting the way they are, but the way they're hurting everyone is terrible. I mean it's stress on top of not wanting to repeat the timeline. But it hurts. In other news, it seems like Phil is finally going to admit his feelings to May! AHHHHHHH!!! ^_^ (I saw pictures on the AOS Twitter.) 

• Posted at:

Waterbender, Trekkie, Jedi, Narnian, spy, bookworm, PJ fan, dreamer, Stargater, Tribute, and more. 

~Monica Cahill~                 1 John 4:10 

"Fantasy reveals what reality obscures."

The world is quiet here...

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

Branch: Ekaterina

@Monica

I think after the Framework, everyone agrees what May had to do in Bahrain had to happen. I think the thing that gets to him about Ruby is that Yo-Yo doesn't seem to see anything bad about what she did and it was to someone who might have had a chance. We saw Hale managing to talk to Ruby, who seemed afraid of the power she held (at least, after the Strucker kid died at her hands). However, in Bahrain, we know Katya went through the mist a little while back and it already got to the point where she willingly controlled like 40 people and killed some of them happily and without hesitation. Also, while May killed Katya, she felt so much guilt from it, to the point where it sort of broke her.

Oh, there's lots of people calling him self righteous. I really don't like being in the fandom this season what with all this conflict between the characters. Basically, you can say mean things about anyone, especially Daisy, she is like the go to person to blame, unless it is FitzSimmons.  They are "precious and the best actors and angels that can't do wrong". I know I already ranted about it once, but I have to rant again.

I saw someone give a very detailed and well thought response to why they stood with Daisy and not the Invincible Trio, yet they got labelled as a Daisy fanatic. Funny thing though, the person making the accusation? They can't say anything wrong about FitzSimmons. Anything. They only go on about how amazing those two are, and automatically excuse anything Fitz does. When another person pointed that out, he just acted all arrogant and that they were blinded by their love for Daisy's character and that since they weren't be reasonable, he wasn't going to bother trying to share his opinion. (Also why many of my reviews go into Daisy point of view. Like I said before, there's always a section of people who don't care enough to think about it)

I feel really bad for Talbot. He never gets a break.

"I feel like the more drama that happens the more I forget why everyone is mad at each other." You just summed it up perfectly. Honestly, I don't think Yo-Yo should be in the field. The loss of her arms is traumatizing and she needs more time to process, even if she doesn't say it. Same with Fitz, but the Framework. Honestly, the whole cast needs to stop with the missions for a little while.

Agreed! Come on Marvel! Bring us more family stuff! And I've got to agree with you, while they established Wakanda nicely and its people, we didn't get enough of T'Challa. He's cool, but I don't know enough about him.

Honestly, everything. The Sokovia Accords are like a thousand pages and got ratified by over 100 countries. That takes years and it would definitely be on the news, yet this is the first time most of the Avengers have even heard of them?

And Zemo's plan? Just think about how convoluted it was. He either had to be able to see the future and know the Avengers would split or got astronimically lucky.

Why did Clint even join the fight? He was retired.

Why was Spider-Man there? While he's powerful, this all supposedly started by a woman talking to Tony about the death of her teenager son. Now, Tony's bringing another teenage boy to the middle of the fight?

Did any of the Avengers even read the Accords beyond the first few pages? It was a huge book, but they argued right from the moment they were presented with them. With people like the Avengers, there had to be a bunch of clauses to ensure that any one country couldn't make them their own soldiers. Or ones talking about emergency cases. What if they fought for nothing?

Was Steve really against the Accords or did he just want to save Bucky? Because when it boils down to it, it seems everything he's done was for him.

That's just the start.

@Reese

We talked it out and it's down to five credits over a month and summer school for the rest. Much easier.

Nope. I considered it, but I don't know where to find one.

Daredevil is good depending on what you like. Iron Fist is still a no from me, but if you do watch it, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

So it's in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Love your list and all the topics you brought up. The movie went far beyond my expectations.

@Reese and Monica

Renewals and cancellation time of year is starting. Fox has been brutal so far, cancelling five shows (two of which had large fandoms on social media). Brooklyn 99 looks like it might be in luck though, Hulu, Netflix, and one other network all want the show, so it's almost certainly going to live.

NBC has mostly been cancelling shows. 

ABC, like usual, is taking the longest, but it looks like we're finally getting news. Grey's and Good Doctor (both obvious choices) got renewed much earlier. Quantico (I'm not even sure how it got a season two in the first place, much less the season three it's currently on) and Designated Survivor got cancelled. Let me check real quick if any other ABC shows have any info.

Okay, so how to Get Away With Murder and American Housewife got renewed. Alex Inc. is cancelled. I can see it going either way with AoS. It has low live ratings, but good DVR ratings and an international fanbase. Plus, ABC needs dramas. With Quantico and Designated Survivor just cancelled, Once Upon a Time and Scandal on final seasons, and Inhumans cancelled in all but name, they need to keep some dramas. The only ones renewed are Murder (I'm not typing out the whole name more than once), Grey's, and Good Doctor.

• Posted at:

Hazel

Respect IR

Remember Emerald

"See the world not as it is, but as it should be."

My Blog: /301450

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

@Monica and Reese

Okay, huge update regarding renewals and cancellations. ABC just renewed, cancelled, and ordered pilots for over 10 shows in the last hour or two. AoS is now the only nighttime show on ABC whose fate is up in the air. Apparently, it's still in contention and there will be talks over the next few days. DAYS! All the other ABC shows got to know their fate and we've still got to wait. Please renew the show already, ABC! I'm not sure how much longer I can take this!

• Posted at:

Hazel

Respect IR

Remember Emerald

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

@Monica

Watched this week's episode of Agents of SHIELD. So much better than the ones of the previous weeks (and yes, I'm aware that I think I said that last week as well). Team drama was actually at a minimum, which was nice since, you know, the end of the world is approaching. Mack's been great. I loved the conversation between Daisy and Kasius' dad (and her subsequently escaping from capture).

Coulson and May talking about Talbot was also nice. You know, when most shows lock two people in a room, it ends up being all about romantic stuff. This felt realistic and showed the bond between the two. Little moments, like these ones, made the fact that they kissed all the more better. And of course it would be when they are under gunfire and being covered by Phil's holographic shield. Daisy's and Deke's reactions though! Loved them.

All that Talbot stuff was horrifying, but done so well. Props to George for standing up to his dad! That little kid is a pretty good actor from the little I've seen of him (here and as young Ray in an episode of Legends of Tomorrow).

I actually really liked the FitzSimmons stuff too. Go Fitz for thinking outside of the box in a more positive way. I really wish we got more of Simmons with other characters though. These days, it feels like she's only really talking to Daisy, Fitz, or random short term characters for one on one conversations.

What choice do you think the team will make with the Centipede serum? I think they'll reluctantly choose to use it on Talbot and have some miracle happen to Coulson. At least, I hope so. Someone is going to die according to the promo, and I don't think it'll just be Talbot. Who do you think might join him? At this point, I think it would either be Yo-Yo or AoS will actually kill Coulson off. 

What did you think of the episode?

• Posted at:

Hazel

Respect IR

Remember Emerald

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Hazel

You know I've never understood that way of looking at it. Sure in the real world the girl could have done the same thing but the Framework was just one possibility right? 

I think the whole problem is that Fitzsimmons and Elena don't seem bothered by what they're doing. Because character wise it should. Even if it makes sense, what they're doing that is.

Yeah I went and checked on recent AOS posts on Tumblr and the pettiness was too much. People saying that wanted Fitz to die, saying he was a "terrible abusive white male." He's not Ward you guys..... And the hate for Daisy. Especially people saying she's being super emotional? When Fitzsimmons care more about each other than the world it seems sometimes and don't seem to care at times for their friends. Every character has someone that they really care about, but people ignore that. 

Everyone needs a vacation with a therapist there with them. Just not Tahiti.

Wakanda is really technologically advanced yet they hardly used their tech in Infinity War. I have hardly any complaints about the movie but that's one of them. It doesn't make sense. 

I thought that the reasons the Accords were speeding along so quickly was because they could see that they could control the Avengers to their own advantage. That's a good point about Zemo. Maybe he knew that Tony and Steve would disagree? And cause a rift? I'm not really remembering how Clint came into CW. A lot of people have pointed out that Tony bringing in Peter was basically bringing in a child soldier. It was wrong. I think Steve was really for the Accords. If the Accords were good why didn't Tony just point out to Steve the clauses that would keep them from being controlled? 

What other show with a large fandom did Fox cancel? 

I'm surprised that Designated Survivor was cancelled. I thought it was popular. Wasn't Quantico's first season popular? 

• Posted at:

Waterbender, Trekkie, Jedi, Narnian, spy, bookworm, PJ fan, dreamer, Stargater, Tribute, and more. 

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Hazel

I saw that about AOS! I wonder what's happening....

I thought that this episode was way better than ones of the last weeks as well. I liked how it felt lighter. The circumstances are still dark but I felt the approach was lighter which was a nice relief. The fact that Daisy was actually able to concentrate and crack the device on her head when moments earlier she didn't even know that she was unconscious was awesome. 

I was expecting him to admit his feelings to her when they were locked up. That kiss! Ah it was so cheesy (in a comic book way) and great! Daisy and Deke's reactions were priceless, especially Daisy's. Also seeing Daisy smile was great. 

I was expecting Talbot to crush his wife which horrified me. 

I missed it but what was the idea that Fitz had that in turn Jemma pointed out that he thinks the future isn't set? I noticed that about Jemma as well. I like how they portrayed the Invincible Three. I never lost my love for them but their behavior was getting annoying and this episode felt like it made them turn for the better. 

They will probably use it on Talbot. And then Robbie comes in and saves Coulson. This idea just came to me minutes ago but what if Robbie is able to save them from Thanos? That way all of them will be there for the aftermath of half the population gone and it won't seem far fetched that they all made it. I think Talbot will die. As for everyone else my Robbie theory could potentially save all of them. I don't want anyone to die!!! But I guess if someone does it would be Elena.... NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! 

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

@Monica

I think the Framework showed how it would happen if that one event was changed. I suspect the Darkhold might have something to do with building the whole world, since it only seemed like a limited simulation before Racliffe stole the book. Do not quote me on that though, not confirmed.

Exactly! I want to see them saying that even though they're making these decisions, it's not because they want to have to make them but because they see it as the best/only option and the struggle they went through to make that choice. Sure, we got that for a little bit with Fitz in 5x14, but it was just one or two lines with next to no follow up to show how guilty he really felt.

Wait, seriously? You actually managed to find a lot of hate for Fitz? Must be the sites, I only really check twitter and youtube. The only real hate I seem to see for his character/FitzSimmons are some Philinda shippers who don't really care much for the two (most of them see the ship as better than friends/taking too much screentime) and keep getting a hard time from FitzSimmons shippers because they've been asking for more for their couple.

Honestly, the fact that FitzSimmons shippers are giving them a hard time is annoying. FitzSimmons got reunited through space and time, married, and have a secure future as of this season. Phil and Melinda only got to kiss in yesterday's episode, they know Coulson is dying, and Coulson and May have known each other way longer than FitzSimmons. It was only in the last one or two episodes that their ship got stuff. I think they have a right to be annoyed at the writers.

Anyway, them and the huge Daisy fans seem to be the only ones I hear not liking Fitz. There are a few others who don't like Fitz just because, but they're harder to find. 

Yeah, the hate for Daisy is the worst. Basically, in the eyes of a lot of people, she can give cool speeches, reassure her friends, fight the bad guys, and save the day, but if she gets any kind of story of her own, it's seen as "taking up too much screentime". Case in point, season 4A (or her Destroyer of Worlds storyline this season, lots of complaining there). I may not have agreed with Daisy's line of thinking, but it was definitely interesting and showed a different side to her character. Her and Robbie also made a great team. Most of the fandom, however? Complained for her to just get it together already, like being mind controlled to destroy the world along with all the other stuff she faced over the years wasn't traumatizing. 

Now, Fitz had the something like that happen to him (so much stuff happening to him that he reaches his breaking point). Fandom? Mostly supportive and wants him to get help. Sorry about ranting so much about Fitz and FitzSimmons, I do like them, it's just all these people thinking that they can't do wrong and are perfect really makes me angry and frustrated, and when I get angry and frustrated, I rant. A lot.

Anyway, aside from Daisy, the character I've seen getting the most hate is Deke. Almost all of the FitzSimmons shippers love the guy, but not all of them like him, just what he represents (a future for their couple). And the Deke/Daisy ship is very polarizing, with one side loving the ship and the other saying that Daisy is independent woman who doesn't need a love interest/is still grieving for Lincoln/should not be paired up with someone who sold her to slavery and never apologized for it.

I really miss the days when I didn't know much about online fandoms outside of Scholastic message boards. It was a simpler time.

No tech from Wakanda? Will there be more in Avengers 4? 

Still, it had to have taken a while with how huge that book was. How did Zemo know that Tony and Bucky and Steve (or at least those three) would be in Siberia? How did he know the team would fracture like this? How did he know of the Accords if we're supposed to believe even the Avengers never heard of them until Ross brought them up?

I still don't think Steve was really against the Accords. We didn't see them read it beyond the first few pages before arguments started and they all sounded like really general statements. Something as big as the Accords would be much more complicated than the picture Steve (and Tony really) is painting. I'm not sure why Tony wouldn't have brought it up, but this is the Avengers. They are the most powerful people on the planet. Having them would be like having nuclear power on your side. The United Nations would definitely not want one single country have the right to use them as soldiers, that would spark some kind of international argument. I don't know if it was like that in the movie, but it definitely would be in real life.

Lucifer. It was on its third season. According to my brother, season three (which was a full 22 episodes) was terrible compared to season one and season two (both 13 episodes). Fans seemed to agree as well, but wanted the show to have another season so it could improve. Also, I think it might end on a cliffhanger.

Designated Survivor had good DVR numbers and a first season, but the second apparently fell appart. I've got no idea for Quantico, I just know that season two had the lowest ratings of all the shows on ABC, but managed to get a third season.

About Agents of SHIELD and renewal, one source says that it is likely 3 options:

1. 10 episode mini season on ABC or Hulu

2. 15/16 episodes on ABC (they need to make budget cuts somewhere)

3. A spinoff only featuring some of the cast members (unlikely since they don't know which cast members to get rid of)

Marvel really wants a 6th season of the show to be out before March next year, so it won't be on the new Disney Streaming Service (which is out in fall of 2019). They see some large cash in the future since Coulson's going to be in Captain Marvel or something like that. Some kind of crossover/references to the event, I think.

I pretty much agree with everything you said in your review. I'm glad Talbot's wife didn't die (at least not yet). She sees like a good person who was fooled by a bad one (General Hale). 

Fitz had the idea from what future Yo-Yo said, that trying to save Coulson destroyed the world. He said that instead of actually trying, what if they succeed and that saves the world? I wish I could say that this batch of episodes hasn't ruined those three characters for me, but Yo-Yo's almost ruined in my eyes and FitzSimmons (both as a couple and as their own characters) have definitely lost a lot of points. They're doing good at starting to make me like them again though.

Your Robbie theory sounds amazing and I'd love to see it happen.

Fans on social media brought up two points I didn't notice for this episode. One, Future Yo-Yo said to Yo-Yo that at one moment Mack was in her arms, and the next, he was gone, or something like that. Does that mean he turned to ash? Could they be talking about a character death instead? I need information! I'm now really worried for Mack.

Second thing, what if the reason Daisy is known as the Destroyer of Worlds in the future is because the told Kasius Senior that she was the Destroyer of Worlds in the present? It's actually possible, seeing as FitzSimmons only made the plane able to fly in space after they saw the plane in the future.

• Posted at:

Hazel

Respect IR

Remember Emerald

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

@Monica

*being mind controlled by a guy who wanted to basically control the world and aiding in that nearly happening

I got the episodes all mixed together when I first typed that (the part where I mentioned Daisy being mind controlled to destroy the world). Excuse my error.

• Posted at:

Hazel

Respect IR

Remember Emerald

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

@Monica

Got more AoS news. Renewal is looking less likely, but Marvel still wants a presence on ABC, possibly with this show called New Warriors. *sighs* SERIOUSLY ABC, DID YOU NOT LEARN FROM INHUMANS?!

Onto information for the season (it better not be series) finale. There was apparently Infinity War level secrecy going on with this script. No one member of the main cast knows all of the events of the episode. Like, they filmed in super secret locations and every single nonessential person wasn't there. And Daisy is meeting with a secret character at the end of the episode. Could it be one from the movies?

• Posted at:

Hazel

Respect IR

Remember Emerald

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

@Monica and Reese

It finally happened! Agents of SHIELD is renewed for season 6! The season is almost certainly going to be shorter (they say that it'll probably be 13 episodes) and there's no word on whether it's the last season, but it's more AoS! Thank you Marvel and ABC!

• Posted at:

Hazel

Respect IR

Remember Emerald

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Hazel

I think you're right.

It wasn't a lot of hate. There's this one user who is anti Fitzsimmons. Their posts were the most recent. Their top post had maybe 30 notifications (likes and reblogs, but someone might have criticized that through a reblog).

I'm on the side of the Philinda shippers. I get where they're coming from. 

Do people not see that Daisy is more of a protagonist compared to the other mains? 

Don't sweat it. I agree with you. Why hasn't Deke apologized? I may have already said this, but if you told me months ago that I would like Deke I wouldn't have believed you. It's because of the character turnaround. He does need to apologize though. I really haven't seen hate for him since he changed. 

Right? Those were the days.

I'm not sure. Thanks for clearing that up about Daisy. I was wondering if I'd forgotten her being mind controlled to destroy the world, which concerned me lol. 

I need to see if someone made a video about all of Civil War's plot holes. It's like swiss cheese.

I think it's more along the lines of the director not wanting to "bore" with the details of them reading the Accords. But it was right at the beginning that Steve pointed out that the UN would control them. And the governments in the MCU aren't painted in the best light, because they're corrupt like ours. 

Got it, thanks!

I totally forgot she said that and now I have a really bad feeling. But maybe this happened: 1. Mack does die but when they change the loop that death by Thanos is now in another timeline. 2. Or never happened

That makes sense. But who told him she's the Destroyer of Worlds? 

YESSSSSS MY MOM TOLD ME!!!!! It's sad that we won't have a lot more content for seeing the characters, but it's better than nothing. Also probably better than the story being stretched out. 

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Reese 

AOS WAS RENEWED!!!!! 

@Hazel

Wow! Now I'm even more excited. And worried. 

I think it might be someone from the movies, which is amazing.

There's probably going to be a lot of inhuman sounds coming from us when we watch the finale. Hehe..... 

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

@Monica and Reese

I'm not sure if you guys heard, but the 13 episode order for Agents of SHIELD season six has been confirmed. It's going to air next summer. And we thought the wait for season five was long.

Anyway, this could either be very good or very bad, as usual. Summer is usually where shows go to die (they really like giving AoS times like that: Tuesdays at 10, Fridays at 9, now summer). On the other hand, this does mean it's out after Infinity War. This means they don't have to go into a lot of detail about a post-Avengers 3 world if Avengers 4 involves time travel. It also means much lower expectations so it could be renewed again. What do you guys think?

@Monica

Read your post, I should be able reply soon (have to go eat lunch now). I just wanted to give you two a quick update on the show.

• Posted at:

Hazel

Respect IR

Remember Emerald

Front sm

ambersnow38

*Walks into the room, fabulously* Heeeey! I'm back!!! And I've got news! First, I won the high-school division of my school's science fair!! Second, the baby's grown a wee bit more! And, uh, he's a very, very sassy baby. 

Monica:

n_n !!!

Smad. I love it! It's like sad-mad but better!!! Yeah. I think the problem is the writers don't know how to smoothly get the characters to from where they are to point C (the future without the destroyed world). I mean it'd be easy to go from point A to point B if they were trying to fufill the timeline. But having to go back in time and change things so the future doesn't happen isn't really easy if any thing could put them on the path to having the earth destroyed. It's like a paradox. This show may have become a paradox. Oh dear.

HE DID!! Well, he didn't really say it. But still I'M SO HAPPY!! AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, Deke is still adorable as ever. But now I'm wondering if he'll disappear if they change the future. Or, if he doesn't, will Daisy and him stay together. Which may not end well for him, now that I think about it. They love to kill off Daisy's love interests.....

Hazel:

Woo! That's good to hear!

Hmmm...... I think you can find them just about anywhere. They'd typically be in sports areas or toy areas (sometimes).

Alright, so Daredevil is on the list. And I'll definitely let you know!

*Shrugs* I guess so?

Thanks! Yeah, that was the same for me. I've been watching all kinds of Marvel things since I was four, maybe five. And I've never seen the Black Panther in anything non-animated. So it was kind of a mind blowing experience. That and Ant-Man. Ant Man was pretty cool.

So, I've not seen most of the shows on this list. I know at one point I wanted to see Quantico (can't really understand why it's being cancelled. From what I've heard it was pretty good) and Scorpion (on CBS). The Good Doctor has been doing well, so I can see that being renewed. Grey's has been on for almost 13 years. The show needs to go at some point.

Both:

*Throws around some celebratory balloons* YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!! SHIELD IS RENEWED!!!!! YEEEEEEEEEESSSSS!!!!

So my thoughts on Infinity War, as well as AoS will be posted Thursday (busy with finals tomorrow >.

• Posted at:

Reese

Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace.

#TeamBiancaandPetra

#IChooseHappy

家族

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

@Monica

Ah, so it was just one person spreading a lot of hate. Got it.

Same here with Philinda.

Nope, I'm honestly not sure why people dislike Daisy so much. She's got one of the best character evolutions I've seen. Like, I love Fitz and Simmons too, but I think Daisy changed the most out of all of them. She started with nothing, hated the government, and was really on a personal mission to figure out her past. Now, she's a superhero, with an awesome team that's like family (until this civil war stuff, that is), she works for the government (or used to until they dismantled SHIELD), and makes it her mission to protect the planet. 

I didn't even think of it until that person mentioned it, but Deke never did apologize. He probably should start with that if he wants a chance of a relationship. I like Deke a lot more than I did when he was introduced, but I wouldn't be too broken up if he died. It's the way they use his character, I think. One episode, he's cool with everyone, the next, he's talking badly of Daisy's leadership skills behind her back, and now, he's in love with her? The writing needs to be a lot more consistent. Honestly, I think the reasons I'm fine with the Deke/Daisy scenes are that Deke with a crush is funny to watch and I know it probably will never happen. I like how it is now, with Deke having a crush and Daisy just having a friend. I don't know I could ship it if it actually happened.

Forgetting a plot point where Daisy is mind controlled to destroy the world would be a bit scary. It'd be like "we've faced so many threats that we can't even remember the one with mind control!" ;)

I bet there's a lot of videos going into the faults of Civil War. I still think Steve was assuming rather than reading it, but agree to disagree. I did forget about the Marvel universe, where almost everything is corrupt, so thank you for reminding me.

I guess now that we know season six is in summer, we don't have to think too much about characters turning to dust.

Daisy told Kasius' dad, who probably told Kasius and the others when the Earth was destroyed, and the story began.

I'll miss the 22 episodes (AoS usually writes it well enough that it doesn't feel that drawn out), but it's something.

@Reese

Congratulations on winning your science fair! And you have a baby sibling?

Yeah, Black Panther and Ant Man were both heroes I don't think many expected to see on the big screen ever. I'm glad it happened though, those movies were great.

Quantico was never in the best place. It was the lowest rated show on the network and one of the lowest in all broadcast television last year, so I'm surprised it had a season three at all. The writing is rather choppy. You either hate it, love it and later hate it, or love it more and more as the episodes go. It had international fans, but mostly in India, and not the amount of pull or DVR numbers AoS had. Every season seems to skip like two years (at least I think it does). I'm not sure what to think of it.

Grey's, despite running for 14 seasons, is the number 3 show on ABC in terms of ratings (after Roseanne and The Good Doctor, so last year it was number one). They aren't stopping the show until Ellen doesn't want to be Meredith Grey anymore. Honestly, I'm done after this season. I lost too many favorites and now my last two, the only ones I really watch for these days, both got fired. They're gone after this season and I am too.

Also, I remember you being a fan of Superior Donuts, so you probably won't be happy to hear the news. It got cancelled. CBS actually cancelled everything they had on Monday. Figured I should let you know if you didn't. This TV season had a lot of cancellations.

• Posted at:

Hazel

Respect IR

Remember Emerald

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Hazel

WHAT?!?! NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! (I'm not being overly dramatic.) HOW WILL I COPE?!

I  thought them in a post IW world would be really interesting. With that much of a wait I want more afterward. Even if the show gets canceled after that I want to see them again. 

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Reese

HI!! *tackle hugs* YAY!! Congrats! And I'm happy to hear that about Lennox! 

Isn't time travel itself a paradox? 

Now he just needs to say it! 

I'm not sure if he will. But the timelines could (or did) split and then he wouldn't die. But I don't think Daisy will or is interested. She did show interest in Robbie. I want to see Robbie in the finale. 

Okie dokie. 

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Hazel

There's a small group of them, but yeah. 

Daisy's arcs is one of the best on TV I've ever seen as well. 

That's exactly how I see their scenes as well. It's entertaining to see his crush on her, but I don't want anything to happen. 

Haha! :D 

Unless they do and then it's undone in Avengers 4 which means a year of agony..... Even though they'll come back, right? *nervous chuckle* Writers please, don't. 

They've done a great job of it not drawing out any of the seasons. 

I saw the Supergirl episode with Winn's mom and it's been forever since I saw the show. I stopped watching Supergirl at 3.12. Is it true that Kara pointed out to Mon-El his bad behavior to her in the past? Because I need to see that. Supergirl is now that show where I feel like I won't come back unless a certain episode is really good. Which is sad because I do like the characters, not all but most. Especially Kara and J'onn. Is it getting better? 

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

@Monica

I know, right? Over a year of waiting!

The writers wouldn't dare to have someone turn to dust and not have them come back. They may be cruel at times, but that's just another level.

Agreed. Agents of SHIELD is one of the few serialized shows that can work with 22 episodes.

Yeah, Kara called Mon-El out on his behavior in 3x15. J'onn has some good scenes involving his dad, but Kara...

She's just a mess. Honestly, she's being a total jerk to Lena (when Kara heard Lena had kryptonite, she had James use his relationship with Lena try to spy on her to see if she had any more of it), we never see her at CatCo anymore, and they keep teasing the idea of Kara and Mon-El as a couple, even though Mon-El is married. Well, he might not be anymore, I heard something about him and Imra splitting up in this week's episode, but I haven't watched it, so I'm not sure.

I can accept Kara/Lena not happening, I knew it from the moment I first shipped it and I'm not going to yell at the people in charge when it never happens, but really CW? You have to destroy their friendship and eventually (according to spoilers) have Lena go evil by the end of the season? The Super vs Luthor dynamic got old fast. 

I still don't ship Lena and James (I can see them as friends, but I don't see any romantic chemistry at all). Then Lena says they've been dating for months, and I really can't believe it because for the most part, we only get a phone call or one minute scene in the episodes they remember James exists. They don't seem to act like they've been dating for more than one or two months.

Maybe if we got these sort of scenes as build up to their relationship and them getting together at the end of the season, I could have accepted it, but just feels like Karamel, if you replace bad relationship with boring relationship. They both got together fast, they both don't have much romantic chemistry (to me, I know this sort of stuff is subjective), and now, most of their scenes involve their relationship. Okay, it's better for Lena because she has this storyline involving helping Sam, but James? He's only around to be Guardian for two minutes or to have some kind of scene with Lena these days. I think it might have something to do with the actor's music career.

Apologies, I really felt in the mood to rant. I really miss season one of Supergirl.

• Posted at:

Hazel

Respect IR

Remember Emerald

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Hazel

I do think the events of IW will be undone, but then I was thinking that they might not have a choice from what happens in the next movie. I'm sure if that does happen the person/s will come back

Glad she did. Now I'm okay with not watching it anymore from what you're saying. Ew Mon-El don't cheat on your wife! WHAT?! No I want Lena to have different ideas than Kara, but not be evil! Kara cut it out! Have the writers not learned anything?? 

I don't think that have good chemistry either. They should just be friends. It's fine. So the actor isn't on set as much? Once James was no longer Kara's love interest they just had to find him something to do. I never thought Kara and James had good chemistry either. I feel bad for the actor, but if I was him I would leave the show once my contract was up. But it is hard for actors to find parts. And Jeremy Jordan's talent is being wasted. The show would feel like it was missing something if he left but he should get back to Broadway. 

I thought the first season was cheesy but it's better than seasons 2 and 3. Who would have thought. 

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

@Monica

Well, technically, Mon-El and Imra broke up, so it's not cheating. And according to spoilers, those two aren't getting together either. There will be a bunch of will they/won't they stuff only for Mon-El to leave in the finale. That's just rough. I don't ship it at all, but it's cruel for the writers to put the people who do ship Kara/Mon-El through. If this and Lena's turn to evil both happen (and it almost certainly will happen since everything they said about the last episodes of this season have been true so far), I can see a lot of people quitting the show.

I know, right? If Lena goes evil, they basically will waste almost all the character development she had since she was introduced. I swear, it'll be like Merlin all over again (Lena's actress played the character Morgana and I told you what happened to her). 

Wait, you don't ship Lena and James? I remember you being kind of happy they got together, I thought you might have shipped them.

Why is it that James doesn't have much chemistry with the other characters? Not with Kara or Lena romantically, not with Winn in a platonic way until this season (at least it felt that way to me since in season one, they were sort or romantic rivals and season two, that friendship was mostly one sided with Winn doing whatever James wanted), and I don't think he's spent enough time with Cat or Alex alone to judge. Remember Lucy? I thought there was some chemistry there. Clark? I bought those two being friends for a while almost instantly, those two just clicked.

I think the whole problem was in the way they wrote him. James' best moments (in my opinion) are the ones where he sort of acts like a mentor figure or moral compass to Kara. It reminds us as an audience that yes, James has seen a lot of this kind of stuff with Superman before. He's smart and he's helped in terrible situations, so he can help people out if they find themselves struggling. It makes his character feel a lot more grounded than he ever could be in Guardian scenes. That talk with Kara on faith in 3x04 had to be my favorite James scene of the show.

I really with the writers would give the actors better material. Melissa's acting has probably felt the most off since the network change. In season one, she got all the different sides of Kara's character easily. Now in season two and three, her acting feels more cheesy in a lot of scenes and some of the dialogue is sounds weird with too much emphasis on certain phrases or stilted words. It's the CW effect as I like to call it. An actor or actress can only be as good as the script can make them be.

Season one may have been cheesy and had terrible fight scenes, but I loved it so much. With so many dark and extremely violent superhero shows, this lighter happier one always put a smile on my face. The writing was mostly consistent and the plot made sense. The characters (most of them anyway) got some good development. Despite being happy a lot of the time, it managed to handle heavier things, like Kara's struggles of losing her world and never getting a normal life again. And even though there was romantic drama, it didn't feel nearly as annoying as it does on the CW. 

I honestly think we need more shows like Supergirl season one. There's too many dark TV shows, we need ones with light and hope and emotions and everything (almost everything) season one gave us.

• Posted at:

Hazel

Respect IR

Remember Emerald

Front sm

ambersnow38

Hazel:

Thanks!! And, no. I mean not anymore. They're not babies anymore. I've got a new baby cousin!

Same here!

Well, that's a bit odd. Now I really want to check it out.

Good grief! That is crazy! 

Oh no! Well, that sucks. That's also very strange. Do you think the cancellations had anything to do with low ratings or a low number of viewers?

Monica:

Hey! *Tackle hugs back* Thanks! ^_^

Uh.............. *Runs the numbers* By my calculations I would have to say yes? Maybe?

YES! PREFERABLY BEFORE HE POSSIBLY DIES!! 

Well, that's good. Hopefully things'll work out. Seeing Robbie would be cool! I'm not sure why he'd randomly show up. But it'd be nice to see him.

• Posted at:

Reese

#TeamBiancaandPetra

#IChooseHappy

家族

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Hazel

I was thinking he dumped her. Since I'm a Christian the Bible says that divorce is wrong, unless the spouse cheated on you or your unbelieving spouse left you. And though it doesn't explicitly say it, God doesn't want us to be in abusive situations so that counts. Anyway, I feel bad for Irma. I'm happy he's leaving. Who's saying Lena will be evil? It would be completely ooc for that to happen. I thought Lena and James was cute but first I wanted it to be a friendship then advance to something more if they wanted it to become romantic. Now since there's no chemistry I want them to just be friends. 

Yeah his only chemistry is with Lucy and Winn. I don't remember anything about Clark. Though he and Kara had a cute friendship. 

I agree with you about James and when he's a mentor to others. Those are his best scenes. 

The only actor I've seen make bad dialogue good is Ewan McGregor as Kenobi is the Star Wars prequels. Melissa deserves better. 

There are too many dark shows, especially ones with heavy violence.

So I did some research about the whole Kara and Lena situation. So from what I understand, Lena has Krytonite (some she made, or maybe all) and she's trying to cure Sam with it. But does Lena know about the existence of the DEO? Because one person made it sound like she does. But she isn't telling Kara any of this. And then Kara found out. And as crazy as this sounds I don't blame Kara for not trusting her. Because her own aunt, whom she trusted, tried to kill her. And she knew Astra for a whole lot longer. So then she gets James to spy on Lena, but James is on Lena's side and Lena finds out. Except James says it was Supergirl who told him to spy on her. So now Lena doesn't trust Supergirl and Supergirl confronted Lena and they fought. And it seems like Lena is suspicious of Kara. I can see where both are coming from. What Kara needs to do is apologize and open up to Lena as Supergirl, and talk to her about Astra. 

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Reese

Welcome!

I have this theory that Robbie will somehow save them from Thanos. Also did you hear that AOS won't come back until the summer of 2019? It's painful but it makes sense to have it after Avengers 4. Also it will have 13 episodes. I might have already told you this, sorry. :P 

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

@Monica

Ah, gotcha. This one source who has information on the final episodes of Supergirl say that Lena will eventually go insane and be experimenting on people. So far, everything they've said so far has been true.

Lena's known about the DEO since the season two finale. When Winn helped to create the device, I'm pretty sure Lillian told Lena that he was from the DEO. They also brought her into DEO stuff after finding out about Sam in 3x16 or 3x17. 

Lena basically has kryptonite (and I think the ability to make it thanks to finding a recipe in one of Lex's vaults of something like that). Lena swore to Sam that she would do her best to try and figure out what was going on with her. Once she realized Sam was Reign, she made kryptonite to hold her back. After she told Sam (which was almost right after she figured it out) and got her to believe it (which took a little longer), Sam gave her consent to do whatever Lena had to do to get hold Reign at bay, including the kryptonite. Lena didn't bring the DEO into it because she believed Sam would be experimented on or worse.

She didn't bring Kara in on it, as Kara or Supergirl (she really should have, Kara would never let Sam get hurt, especially since it isn't really her hurting people). I still don't think Kara knows Lena can make kryptonite.

I think Kara has a right to be angry about the secret about Reign. On the other hand, it makes her a hypocrite since she still hasn't told Lena she's Supergirl. I understand that the nature of the secrets were different (Sam being Reign was a matter of Earth's security and Kara's secret is her own and not something that she owes anyone), but still. And the way Kara handled it was just very bad, she basically said she couldn't trust kryptonite in the hands of a Luthor (even though Kara tells Lena time and time again she's not her family) and went on about how she had to give it all over to the DEO to be destroyed immediately.

Kryptonite is dangerous to Superman and Supergirl, but it also is to any other kryptonians, and seeing as we're dealing with a Worldkiller, I think it might be of use in the fight. Also, Kara seemed fine with kryptonite being used by the DEO in season one, so why is she against anyone (since Kara said it had to be destroyed after Lena gave it to her) having it now?

Basically, my problem wasn't so much in the fact that they were fighting but as how the fight was set up. Both sides definitely have fault, but instead of talking about it, they just keep more secrets.

I actually saw this fanfiction that came up with an awesome explanation. In the fic, Kara wasn't afraid so much of the kryptonite, but the fact that it was manmade kryptonite. After Maxwell Lord and the red kryptonite fiasco, and everything that happened with Metallo, she was terrified if anyone (friend or foe) makes it again, especially if they don't get it quite right. It's kind of a bad topic for her, so she kind of looses it when stuff like the events of the show happen. I really wish the writers went with that because it makes sense and the destruction Kara caused on National City kind of speaks for itself.

@Reese

Ah, a baby cousin! That's great, does he live with you guys? If not, do you still see him a lot?

Monday's on CBS were one of their worst days of the week, that's for sure. And even though Kevin Can Wait, their best Monday show, was the #4 comedy in ratings (after Big Bang Theory, Young Sheldon, and Mom), it got cancelled with the controversy stuff. They basically killed off the lead character's wife to bring in another lady (as a sort of reunion from another show) because they "didn't want to have two women in Kevin's life on the show" or something like that. I don't know all the details, I don't watch it, but lots of fans were angry.

The others ones I think just had low ratings.

• Posted at:

Hazel

Respect IR

Remember Emerald

Front sm

ambersnow38

Monica:

Gosh, I really wish that had been the case yesterday. *Sigh* Oh well. Maybe it'll happen in the future. 

ACK! NO!! WHY DO YOU KEEP DOING THIS MARVEL!?!?! WHY?!?!

Yeah, I suppose it makes sense. It's pretty much impossible to have the patience to wait. But still understandable.

It's okay!! I don't think you did. Thanks for letting me know!

Hazel:

Well, he was born early, like two months early, so he's still in the hospital (So we haven't been able to see him in person yet). But my Mom's been going up there every other week to check on him and my Aunt. And they've been sending lots of pictures so we've gotten to 'see' him a lot.

Wow! That's pretty messed up. But that sounds like someone made a serious error in judgment.

Both:

So did you guys see the finale last night?

• Posted at:

Reese

#TeamBiancaandPetra

#IChooseHappy

家族

Front sm

ambersnow38

So, Infinity War:

Let me start this off by saying the movie was great. I loved how they made the transition from Ragnorok. I also liked how they were able to go from one location to another with all of the characters without making the movie seem butchered (May not be the right word but that's all I can think of).

The fight scenes were pretty well done. It's been almost three weeks since I saw the film so I can't really recall anything I would want to be different.

I was shocked to see Red-Skull. Like, of all people to have in this movie, Red-Skull was the last person I expected to see. But I'm glad it wasn't one of those random character apperances.

The father-daughter story between Gamora and Thanos was a bit odd. But I guess it made sense. Except at the end. I really don't think he was talking to little Gamora. I've got a sneaking suspicion that someone is playing mind games with him.

The one major problem I had was, of course, the end. I kind of knew that they were going to 'kill' some of the characters. But the way it happened was completely unexpected. And, being the highly sensitive person I am, that was emotionally distressing. Especially with Pete's 'death'. It reminded me of Ten's exit from Dr. Who. Still haven't gotten over that.

Besides the end, I think Infinity War was a good movie. I can't wait to see part 2 and see how they tie things together, as well as bring in the new characters *Cough* Or those who weren't in this film. Looking at you Hawkeye and Antman *Cough*

• Posted at:

Reese

#TeamBiancaandPetra

#IChooseHappy

家族

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Hazel

I can't believe she said that about Lena being a Luthor. 

It doesn't make sense because it's all there for drama. The writing is a disappointment. It would have been better if it had been rational, instead of bringing in the fact that she's a Luthor. Instead Kara should have just been mad over Lena putting it all on herself. 

Fic can be so much better than the real thing. 

Did you see the AOS finale? I did. I won't say anything more until I know you've seen it. 

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Reese

Me too. I was expecting to see him. One person said they think he'll be a "Robbie ex machina" and save Coulson. Then be Daisy's boyfriend who can never die. I am down for that! Do you ship Robbie and Daisy? I'm not recallingWhat did you think of the finale? I saw it.  

You're welcome! 

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Reese

I thought it was great as well! Who knew you could juggle so many characters in such a great way? 

I was shocked to see Red Skull as well. 

Some people think Thanos really did love Gamora but I don't. There's a theory that she's in the soul stone, or everyone of the Snapture is. 

I was in shock when main characters started to vanish but I didn't start tearing up until Peter. Not that I love him more, but that's when it became real. 

Also Captain Marvel is coming in! I can't wait to see the way they rewrite what he did. Also did you notice that it's basically the original Avengers who are left? Which probably means some or most of them will die trying to save everyone, and in the after battle when they bring everyone back

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

1 , 2 , 3 ... 21 , , 23