Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

Branch: Janus

@Hazel

Maybe they're just spying on us through the TVs. I know smart TVs can spy on you. Man now I'm just freaking myself out. 

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Waterbender, Trekkie, Jedi, Narnian, spy, bookworm, PJ fan, dreamer, Stargater, Tribute, and more. 

~Monica Cahill~                 1 John 4:10 

"Fantasy reveals what reality obscures."

The world is quiet here...

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

Branch: Ekaterina

@Monica

We're not being spied on through our televisions, at least not as far as I know. The set meters are connected to the TVs, not actually a part of them, which means people would likely get them separately. They pick a bunch of people at random (age groups, area, ethnicity) and ask them to participate, it's not mandatory. It's also how they get the info. The people participating in the ratings willingly give that information.

• Posted at:

Hazel

Respect IR

Remember Emerald

"See the world not as it is, but as it should be."

My Blog: /301450

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Hazel

Oh so that's how that works. I know that big name media outlets reported about smart TVs spying on people. "THIS WEEK, VIZIO, which makes popular, high-quality, affordable TV sets, agreed to pay a $2.2 million fine to the FTC. As it turns out, those same TVs were also busily tracking what their owners were watching, and shuttling that data back to the company’s servers, where it would be sold to eager advertisers." -Wired 

What did you think of the last aos episode? 

• Posted at:

Waterbender, Trekkie, Jedi, Narnian, spy, bookworm, PJ fan, dreamer, Stargater, Tribute, and more. 

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

ambersnow38

Hey guys! I am swamped with homework right now. Like the waaaaay too much homework. And that may be my fault? I don't know. This always happens every year, so I'm starting to think it's not my fault..... Anyways, I'll respond tomorrow. Sorry for the delay!

• Posted at:

Reese

Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace.

#TeamBiancaandPetra

#IChooseHappy

家族

These wings are made to fly.

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

Hey! That's not good, I hope you don't get overwhelmed/frustrated. It's okay! 

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

ambersnow38

Monica:

Thanks! I hate to say it but, that did happen last week. But things ended up alright! AND NOW I CAN CONQUER THE WORLD! Or, at least, try.

Umm..... Halo? Heliosphere? Hibernation?

Aw thanks! Whoa! I did not know that! That's pretty cool! And possibly the most amazing thing in the world!

Hazel:

Well, that's good to know! I don't understand much about ratings but that doesn't sound too good for Arrow.

(Invisible ink)

Whoa! I never thought about that. I may have to rework my theory if that's the case.

Oooh! That could happen as well. Actually, that may be better for the story if they find out at the end of the season.

Hmm..... That could happen as well. But that makes me wonder, which Meta could do something like that?

I don't know! There's so many unanswered questions! But that makes me want to watch the show more. Same here. I hope they don't do to her what they did to Julien.

• Posted at:

Reese

Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace.

#TeamBiancaandPetra

#IChooseHappy

家族

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Reese

That's understandable. That's good! YES that's the spirit! Is HELMET supposed to protect earth? Because the H could stand for homeworld, heliosphere, or hemisphere. This reminds me of a joke. The only thing that flat earthers fear is sphere inself. XD

Welcome! It is! It's so crazy to think of how tiny we all once were. Each of us was at one point the size of a grain of rice. 

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

@Monica

I've heard of stuff like that happening. It probably did happen on some occassions, but there would likely be new laws in place afterward for stuff like that.

The episode was amazing. Not as good as 5x05 or 5x06 (my favorites of the season), but so many good moments. I really liked the ending with Flint and Tess and the small model of Earth. It felt like the arc went full circle. What did you think?

@Reese

It's definitely not good for Arrow, especially since Black Lightning ratings are great. Arrow ratings are now in the bottom half of CW ratings to stay.

Is there a metahuman with the ability to give someone powers in the comics? I've got no idea.

I don't think they'll do what they did to Julian, mostly because this is (almost certainly) Iris and Barry's kid. The show loves to focus on Iris, Barry, and Iris and Barry.

Do you like Ralph? I'm far from a fan and neither is my brother. His arc (and character evolution) just felt very sudden, like Mon-El 2.0 to me.

@Monica and Reese

Did you two see 3x13 of Supergirl? I've only seen a handful of scenes and read up on spoilers, but I feel really disappointed. They basically said that Irma and Mon-El had an arranged marriage to unite a bunch of planets (which felt like a bit much to me) and him saying he's still in love with Kara, but has grown to love Irma as well. On the other side, we're seeing Kara being able to move on and have conversations as friends. It's frustrating. Also, why does Mon-El, who had 7 years of training in the future, seem to fight even worse than he did in the season two finale? I'm not a big fan of the character, but at least portray his evolution correctly. I can't believe that he's leading the Legion at all.

I'm really excited for Legends of Tomorrow to return next week. I don't understand why of all the DC shows, they picked to share the time with Supergirl (Arrow makes much more sense given the dwindling ratings), but either way, it's only seven days away! :)

• Posted at:

Hazel

Respect IR

Remember Emerald

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Hazel

I hope there are laws.

I thought it was pretty good. I feel like the last two have something missing. But it's still great! I really liked that ending scene with Tess and Flint as well. I felt bad for Deke, though I never really liked him. I was expecting more drama with how Daisy didn't want to come back. If Coulson dies I will be so smad (not a typo). He can't die. I have it pictured in my head that when he tells May that's he's dying he'll also tell her his true feelings and what happened between him and LMD May. Did you notice Jemma's slight smile over Kasius dying? I saw a gif of it on Tumblr and it reminded me of how much darker everyone is. I go on Tumblr everyday, not sure if you have one.  Also that scene with Fitz killing the Kree was very unsettling. I know that he's still him but bookworm385 he'll also have a part of the Doctor in him for probably forever. Two different lives made into one, and though he chose Simmons I wonder how much of the Doctor he is/will become even though he finds that life repugnant. I wish we could see more of how the others were changed by their Framework selves. Especially Phil and May, since Mack has kinda come to peace with it since in a way he had the opportunity to know Hope. And since there were two Elena's, could Enoch still be back on earth? I can't wait four weeks!!! This is random but the one scene where the camera was shaking and got into Kasius' face my mom said: "What was that?" I thought it was more than kinda cheesy, but it's also a great reaction gif lol

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Hazel

I haven't seen the last three episodes of Supergirl, or Flash. We plan on catching up this week. But I spoiled myself anyway about Super 3x13. How would that unite them though? At least he loves her, and I like him with Irma instead of him with Kara. He didn't seem that interested in Kara last time I saw. I was expecting some feelings for her still but then he acted like he had moved on. My brother wants to see Legends from the beginning of the season so I think we're waiting until the season ends. Anyway I hope Irma and Mon-El's relationship isn't ruined and that they get back to their timeline, or whatever their mission was

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

@Monica

Agreed, something has been missing these last two episodes. I think it's because they went with the predictable options (Older Elena being the seer, older Elena dying, Flint being the key to returning home, Sinara being killed by Daisy). That's also why I didn't like 3x09 and 3x10 as much as a lot of other people did. It felt predictable.

Coulson is almost certainly not dying. How often is it that Agents says someone's dying or that their life is in danger and they actually die? Not often. 

It has been much darker this season, especially post-Framework Fitz. What he did was just terrifying. And "the rest need to be too afraid to follow us" sounds exactly like something the Doctor would say. This dark Fitz is likely here to stay. I didn't see the part about Jemma, but I'll watch that scene again. It seems rather unsettling.

I hope we get to see more of Enoch (I think we'll be seeing Deke around because he's still on set and I think he joined the show as a series regular).

Kasius' face at the episode made for an amazing gif. 

As for Supergirl...

I like Mon-El with Irma as well. I actually like him a lot more this season, but people are saying that 3x15 is Kara/Mon-El centric and the writers have been adding more and more scenes with the two of them as the episodes go. I don't know, I'm really wary about this, especially since Irma said that there's another reason to the mission he Legion was on.

You and your brother will definitely love season three of Legends. 

Also, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I've actually been liking Barry a lot more in this arc. It feels like it's less of The Flash and his awesome powers, but more about Barry Allen. Not the jerk in season three, but the one who wants to do what's right and help people, even in jail.

• Posted at:

Hazel

Respect IR

Remember Emerald

Front sm

ambersnow38

Monica:

Hmmmm.... Maybe? If HELMET protects the earth then maybe the H could stand for homeworld. But if they protect the space around the world, the H could stand for heliosphere.

xD That is hilarious!

Gosh, that's hard to imagine. It's amazing! But still hard to imagine.

Hazel:

Oh, that's definitely not good. You know, I've not seen an episode of Black Lightning yet. Is it good?

Me neither. I can check but no one comes to mind.

Yes it does. Sometimes a little too much. Maybe that's why it seems kinda awkward when they focus on other characters......

Well, I think he's interesting. He's not my favorite character but he's kind of fun to watch.

I'm going to be completely honest, I haven't seen a Super Girl episode since late season 1. Or a Legends episode since midway season 2. Not counting the crossovers. 

• Posted at:

Reese

#TeamBiancaandPetra

#IChooseHappy

家族

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Hazel

I didn't think of that but you're right about the predictable options. Though I wasn't expecting Sinara to die that quickly

I hope we see more on Enoch was well. I wonder how Deke will come back? Unless it's because they're in a paradox and time will rewrite itself? My head hurtsI'm usually good at this stuff haha. 

I wonder what that reason is? 

I can't wait to see it! And this time I'm going to try to actually watch all of it instead of listen haha. 

Really? Well it's good that he's changing. 

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Reese

What do you think, should they protect just earth or the space around it? 

I know it's so crazy. 

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

@Reese

Have not seen Black Lightning yet, but people seem to really like it. They even say it feels different from the other DC CW shows, so I definitely plan on watching it.

Yeah, like when was the last time we saw more of Cisco aside from him making tech? He's almost always on the scene and he's had his powers the second longest of Team Flash metahumans, but he's almost always knocked out and stuff so Ralph or Barry can be the hero. And let's not even talk about what they've done with Killer Frost.

My problem is the amount of focus they have on Ralph. There's a whole Team Flash and nowadays, it just feels like Barry and Ralph saving the day with Iris leading the team back at STAR Labs. No real time for the others to shine, like you said. It's just very frustrating.

Lack of interest or lack of time to catch up? I definitely would not blame you if it was lack of interest. Legends is kind of crazy (in a good way and a bad way) and Supergirl (in terms of quality of the episodes) is just all over the place, even in season one.

@Monica

I expected Sinara to die before Kasius and I knew the space arc would be done by 5x10, so I knew she would die one or two episodes before.

Maybe the machine exploding somehow sent Deke back? I don't know, but I can't wait!

Out of all the episodes of Legends you've watched (heard), which one was your favorite? Out of season one and two, my favorites were probably 1x15, 2x10, and 2x14.

Did you see the Jessica Jones trailer! It was awesome! I loved season one (my favorite of all the Defenders shows) and I can't wait to see what's next.

• Posted at:

Hazel

Respect IR

Remember Emerald

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Hazel

How did you know that the space arc would be done by 5x10? 

I really liked 2x14, though I don't think I watched all of it. What's the one where Mick says he hates the 80s? That's one of my favorite scenes from Legends. I can't think of any others at the moment. 

No I haven't but I'll check it out! 

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

@Monica

They said something along the lines of the first arc being in space and that it would be for ten episodes when people asked about how many breaks there would be between episodes. They also said that episode 100 was the 12th and that they'd be back on Earth before that.

Oh, that scene was in 2x05! I remember because it was in the promo. Loved it. Mick's lines are always hilarious. My favorite had to be the one where he was doing the introduction to the show.

Do you watch Jessica Jones or Daredevil or any of the Marvel Netflix shows? If so, what do you think of it?

• Posted at:

Hazel

Respect IR

Remember Emerald

Front sm

ambersnow38

Monica: Let's do the space around it. There's already one on earth and one in space so not one between the two?

Hazel: Hmmm..... Alright.  I may check it out if I get some time.

Yes! Cisco's pretty much becoming a punching bag and Caitlin's just...... I don't know.

Very true. I think one of the shows biggest issues is the fact that the writers don't really know how to write in new characters in a way that won't interrupt the flow of the story and take the spotlight from everyone else. And, I think they know where they want the plot to go, but they don't know how to get there.

Both for Supergirl, lack of time for Legends. And I think the same thing is happening with Agent of SHIELD. I am three, maybe four, episodes behind (and have accidentally spoiled myself about thirty times). I'm hoping to catch up on episodes between tomorrow and Sunday. 

• Posted at:

Reese

#TeamBiancaandPetra

#IChooseHappy

家族

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

@Reese

I miss original Team Flash.

That's not just a problem for The Flash though, it's true for all the CW DC shows. Legends spent a lot of time on Nate and Amaya in season two, now Zari in season three. Arrow spent a lot of season five and six on the new recruits. Season three of the Flash has a lot of Julian and season two, Harry. Supergirl is strangely the worst and the best in this case. Season two had way too much focus on Mon-El, but season three is doing really well with Samantha.

You've got time to catch up on SHIELD and whatever other shows you want right now. With the Olympics, only a few shows are airing at all for the rest of the month.

• Posted at:

Hazel

Respect IR

Remember Emerald

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Reese

Good idea. Now for E. Hm. 

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Hazel

I'm kinda surprised that they revealed that much.

That scene was hilarious! I remember watching it and at that point we hadn't yet started watching Legends and I thought to myself what a fun show it must be. 

No I haven't watched any of the Marvel Netflix shows. The only original Netflix shows I've seen are Stranger Things and A Series of Unfortunate Events. The one I'm most interested in is Jessica Jones. Have you seen A Series of Unfortunate Events? 

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

ambersnow38

Hazel:

Same.

Hmmm.... I'm sensing a pattern here. Except with maybe Supergirl. And that's a big maybe.

Oh! That's good! I rarely watch the olympics so it's the perfect time to catch up! And, I wont have to be up until mid-night on a show watching marathon.

Monica: Hmmmmmmm............. *Strokes imaginary sensei beard* What would E stand for........

• Posted at:

Reese

#TeamBiancaandPetra

#IChooseHappy

家族

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

@Monica

Me too, the writers for Agents of SHIELD love to keep secrets from the fans.

Well, I would definitely recommend Jessica Jones. I actually haven't seen many of the original Netflix shows either, only

Atypical (loved it)

Stranger Things (season one, it was okay)

Thirteen Reasons Why (still not sure how to feel about it)

Daredevil (okay)

Jessica Jones (awesome)

Luke Cage (boring, stopped after episode five or six and apparently, that's the show at its best)

The Magic School Bus Rides Again (no, just no)

Defenders (terrible)

In hindsight, it sounds like a lot of shows, but as the majority only have one season, it's not so bad. Have not seen A Series of Unfortunate Events, but I do know it has Neil Patrick Harris and the girl who portrays young Kara in Supergirl season one. Never had the time to watch it.

@Reese

Supergirl is, in this case, a wild card. It's rather fitting because in terms of quality, Supergirl is the wild card.

Glad to help. Happy television watching!

• Posted at:

Hazel

Respect IR

Remember Emerald

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Reese

Could it be enforcment? 

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Hazel

Why is the new Magic School Bus show terrible? I didn't actually grow up watching it. I was a PBS kid. 

It's pretty good! The guy who plays Lemony was in the trailer for the next aos episode. 

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

@Monica

They're trying to show the new School Bus series as a continuation with the kids in fourth grade, yet none of the characters act like they used to. Ralphie is acting more like Arnold, Arnold is being ten degrees of annoying and even tried to get the teacher fired (something he would never have done in the original series), etc. They got rid of Phoebe's character entirely and replaced her with someone else. Liz (the lizard) was basically useless in this version even though she saved their lives time and time again in the original.

Almost all of the kids are really unlikeable after an episode or two with very few redeeming qualities, the new Ms. Frizzle is completely bland and lacks the magic and charm of the original one, and they made the parents get permission papers for their field trips! The entire premise of the show comes into question if the parents get permission papers, which is probably why they never mentioned them in the original series.

In the original episodes, they had some random ridiculous premise that started their field trip and eventual lesson, but in this series, it's ridiculous in a way that's not nearly as fun.

And the vocabulary! One minute, they're using words a two year old can understand, then they're referencing stuff you would learn in middle school. In one episode, they even used a science word my brother didn't know (and he's in college to get an engineering degree), but never went on to explain what it meant!

The worst part was definitely the animation. It just looks terrible. How can a series in the 1990's have better animation than one in 2017?

I'd definitely recommend the old series, but I can't recommend this new show (to fans of the old series or potential new fans of the franchise entirely).

• Posted at:

Hazel

Respect IR

Remember Emerald

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Hazel

Holy cow I maybe watched one episode and I know he'd never do that. He tried to get Frizzle fired?! *slides paper* Can I get your permission for you to allow your child to come with me as I shrink the school bus so we can take a tour of the human esophagus? I looked at the animation and it does not look good. 

That's cool that your brother is studying engineering. I played with that idea once, on top of playing with who knows how many careers in my mind haha. What type of engineering is he interested in? 

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

Exactly! Arnold respects authority way too much to do anything like that. And yes, the animation is so awful. And the new theme song! It's just terrible.

I think he wants to be a civil engineer.

How are you?

• Posted at:

Hazel

Respect IR

Remember Emerald

Front sm

ambersnow38

Hey guys! Sorry for the delay. We've had oodles of rain all last week and, well, it's caused some issues. Which isn't that surprising. It's definitely weird seeing as we have more of a problem now than we did with the Hurricane/Tropical Storm earlier this year, though. Oh well. If I'm absent for the next few days, that's why.

Hazel: 

Hmm..... For some reason, that makes me want to draw all of the CW superheroes as a deck of cards.

Thanks!

Monica:

Oooh! I like it! Or maybe, entities?

P.S. I may or may not have posted on the wrong thread. Whoops....

• Posted at:

Reese

#TeamBiancaandPetra

#IChooseHappy

家族

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

@Reese

Me too, and for DC to make some sort of game out of it like Pokemon.

What's up?

• Posted at:

Hazel

Respect IR

Remember Emerald

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Hazel

I'm doing well. I started my first job Monday. I'm enjoying it. Everyone is super nice. My grandmother isn't doing well and I'm afraid that she won't make it to the end of March. I'm a pretty emotional person and even though I've been crying on and off she's slowly been getting worse for a long time and I'm at peace with the situation internally, though I'm concerned with her emotional and spiritual life more than how she's doing physically. She gave up the will to live months ago, and the doctor says there's nothing wrong with her physically. 

@Reese

It's okay! That's not good. I hope your ceiling isn't leaking or anything. 

I like that idea! You can choose, I can't pick. But entities sounds cooler. 

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

ambersnow38

Hazel:

Oooooh! That would be the best! And Marvel should do the same thing. Then, they could combine the two and have Marvel vs DC!

The sky? Hehehe! 

Okay, no, sorry.  Thankfully, nothings up right now. What's up with you?

Monica:

Don't worry, the ceiling wasn't leaking! It was just the plumbing. But it's all fixed up! Hopefully.....

Maybe we can use both? Like one for the first E and one for the second?

*Hugs*

• Posted at:

Reese

#TeamBiancaandPetra

#IChooseHappy

家族

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Reese

I'm glad that it's fixed!

Oh yeah good idea! Which E should we pick though? 

*hugs back* 

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

Front sm

epicpegasus39

aka UnlockingHidden1

@Monica

I'm glad to hear about your new job, but sad about your grandmother. Are you two close?

@Reese

That would be super cool!

Not much, just doing research on which college I want to go to.

@Monica and Reese

Did you see the promotional photos for the 100th episode of Agents? It has Deke! I knew he wouldn't be gone! Also, according to the press release, Agent Davis (who Aida supposedly killed in 4x21) is somehow returning and I think Fitz is holding a ring box in one of the pictures. Are we getting a wedding after all?

I can't wait to see what the writers have in store for us!

• Posted at:

Hazel

Respect IR

Remember Emerald

Front sm

dreamtimeheroine2

aka CatFlying11

@Hazel

Other than my parents and siblings she's the next person who has always been constant in my life. We would visit her once a week usually. I just saw her today and she's not thinking clearly. She's become like a child mentally, but I was surprised over the level of clarity she had, though it wasn't much. Her decline of attitude took more than a year and a half I would say. Her becoming a different person wasn't as sudden as it could have been. 

No I didn't see them. What?! I thought that Deke would come back from what you said, but Davis? That makes me think Aida is coming back. Or maybe it's an AU Davis? Awwwww I hope they get married in the next few episodes! Me tooNow I need to go and see them. 

• Posted at:

#ENDSLAVERY

1 , 2 , 3 ... 17 , , 19