Front sm

joyfuldreamer12

Branch: Janus

Dearest MB friends,

No, I'm not coming back...and I don't know if I can.  However, I am able to manage a few visits.  Due to the MB's infuriating lack of a searchbar, and the short time I am able to be on (my library's internet policy is SO weird...)  I have decided to create a thread where you can write me letters, and I will have a place to come and read them when I can.  I miss you so much and would love to hear from you...so whenever you need to contact me, just post it here.

Those who haven't met me, hi!  I'm Bess...and if you ever need to vent or need to talk to someone, go ahead and post it here as long as you follow the MB rules, of course.  If I am available, I will try to reply with advice and encouragement to the  best of my ability.  I love this place, and I hope that this thread will be helpful.

Remember, God's grace is all you need.  Whatever changes, He is always the same, and His promises are true and He will always fulfill them, while it may take some time.  Grace and peace be with you, mellyn nin. 
-Bess

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

"...I imagine death so much it feels more like

a memory..."

-- Lin-Manuel Miranda

http://doublecross.scholastic.com/forums/topics/255489

http://doublecross.scholastic.com/forums/topics/185888

Front sm

lonelyruler1

Branch: Lucian

I love you so much. :D [hugglomp]

I'll be back later.

• Posted at:

Elvellonwen

Physically alive, mentally dead. 

Front sm

emeraldmoonlight32

aka EmeraldAssassin109

Dear Bess,

I felt myself slipping back into Mordor today. It's hard with you and Tessa gone, and with Lyss barely here. It's hard without my Sams. But I'm praying hard, and I know I'll be okay. Maybe not today, but eventually.

I'm so glad you created this thread. You're wonderful, Bess, our lovely Sunshine Girl. I think I'll be on this thread quite often. I look forward to seeing you visit from time to time.

I pray that you're still strong, mellon nin. I pray that you are doing better than you were when you left the MB. You're amazing, Bess. And I know you'll do wonderful things in your life.

All my love,

Gwen

• Posted at:

Gwendolyn/Táriuial

"Where is the scary Gwen person?" - Marshall

"I put myself back in the narrative." - Eliza Hamilton, Hamilton

Front sm

magicalnectar2

aka AgentOfficer39

Branch: Ekaterina

I love you. *huggles*

• Posted at:

claire

look what you just made me do

Front sm

joyfuldreamer12

To Elvellonwen, Clairykins, Overlord, Sunshine...

Love you too!!! Happy Valentine's Day in advance!! You're so awesome, my friend.  *gives chocolate*  I miss you so much.... *huggles*

Never forget that:

God loves you.

You're amazing and beautiful and wonderful.

I love you and you are always in my prayers.

No matter how hard things get, God is still in control.

Life is beautiful.

YOU ARE GORGEOUS, dearie. 

Melinyel,

Bess

To Gwen,

*huggleglomps*

I pray for you every day, mellonen.  You are never far from my thoughts.  Um...I'm okay.  Not good, but okay.  As crazy as life gets, I know that God is in control and that whatever happens, He will always be with us.  I pray that He will reassure you of that and that you will stay safe in Jesus' arms.  I miss you, Tari!  You're so special to me.  :)

Bess

• Posted at:

a memory..."

-- Lin-Manuel Miranda

Front sm

emeraldmoonlight32

aka EmeraldAssassin109

Dear Bess,

I've been having some really good days lately, and I wanted you to know that I'm doing better. I'm still not great, but I'm resisting the temptation to fall farther into Mordor. When the pull gets too strong, I always think about what you and Tessa would tell me. Have you heard from her, by the way? She still hasn't come back, and I've been missing her a lot lately. I have a poem that she wrote me, and whenever I'm in need of a Sam I reread it. And it truly helps. :)

I pray for you, Almarien. (Did I use the right name? I can never remember which ones to use on which occasions) And I'm always glad to come here, to remind myself of being Táriuial. Being her reminds me of you and Tessa, and Táriuial has come to stand for all the battles I've fought, and everything I'm striving for. She's become a sort of story character, and I'm always glad to slip into her. Being her reminds me of how much I'm loved, in a way. Funny, isn't it? And to think, Táriuial was originally just a cool name that I chose in the LOTR Club. :)

That all sounds awfully melodramatic, so I'll end on a lighter note. I'm doing well, and I"ve been writing a lot lately. I always keep you in my thoughts and my prayers, and I know that God has amazing plans for you. I miss you, Sunshine Girl!

Gwendolyn

• Posted at:

Gwendolyn/Táriuial

Front sm

spyunicorn1

aka FieryLucian3

We swears we posted a letter a long time ago. Where isssss it, precioussss?

Allo Bess!

How's the new year been?

Mine was okay ish. I have to choose high schools now, and I auditioned for a performing arts school, got in, and now I dunno if I should go there or not, since nobody I know is going there, and it doesn't have a French program :P

There's been practically no snow at all, so the people at my school had to reschedule our ski sessions twice. It was also so warm that on Christmas Day, we were actually able to take out our bikes and ride to the park and play badminton :D Skiing's fun, though. I got to move up to the big hills this year. My brother also got ice skates, and we;re trying to learn to skate now. It's not going very well xD

I didn't really get to talk to you about LoTR much, so like, where would you like live in Middle-Earth? Do you ship Faramir and Eowyn? Favorite book? Favorite movie? Favorite hobbit? What are your favorite elvish words? I'd probably live in either the Shire of Mirkwood. FARAMIR AND EOWYN IS MY OTP Hmm, I've only read the Hobbit, the trilogy and half the Silmarillion, but my favorite book was probably the Hobbit. I like all the movies. I can't pick one xD My favorite hobbit's got to be Pippin. I know about five elvish words, so I can't really answer that xD (They're namarie, melinyel, and ego mibo orch, in cae you were wondering)

I also discovered the Les Miserables fandom, and the musical's pretty good, but there's this amazing fanfiction that just made me fall in love with it and I'm grinning just thinking about it :D

Happy late Valentine's Day!

Melinyel,

ze Chuish one

• Posted at:

Chu |child of lyzzy + keir :D

professional craftinator.

hi I'm train I'm aceflux and I cannot lie

"In 2022, who was best man at Dan and Phil's wedding?"

"A terrifying hybrid of of Chris and PJ."

"Correct!"

#It's A Chain Reaction of Compassion

Front sm

joyfuldreamer12

Tári,

I'm so glad that you've been doing better lately. And I'm so grateful that I can help you, even if its just in the tiniest way. No...I haven't heard from Tessa. I really, really miss her. It hurts a lot that she's gone, but I understand that she needs this time away to get better and be safe with her family. I have a poem from her as well. :) Do you remember that poem and random writings thread that we had? I don't know where it went, I think the original sunshine girl poem was on there, actually. :) I've been listening to a lot of Birdy music lately, but it makes me sad because I think Tessa used to listen to her music a lot, and it makes me miss her more.

Have you seen any good movies lately? I saw the Bourne movies for the first time last year and LOVED them. The Bourne Identity is my favorite. :) Hahaha, I don't think I could ever be in a car chase. I was with my sister the other day and we were driving home and we ran out of gas on a bridge. The car's gas gage doesn't work, so we thought we had enough, but we didn't. My sister was freaking out until a cop came up behind us, and we were just like, um....help us!!! Neither of us had any money, and all he said he could do was call us a tow, and we were like, NOOOOO!! So we called one of her friends, but he couldn't come, and then we called our other sister's boyfriend and he came all the way out to where we were and filled up our tank for us enough for us to drive home safely. So he got brownie points. :)

I'll try to remember that about your Fanfiction pen name. :) I do have an account there, but I'm afraid I don't get to use it very often either.

I hope you know that I pray for you as well, mellon. :) (Almarien is just right, don't worry. It's not the name itself that is important, Tari; its the spirit in which it is said or given. O_O I'm starting to sound Gandalfy now!) You'll always be Táriuial to us, you know. And I hope that whenever you remember that name, you'll remember how much we care about you. I miss you so much, mellon! There are so many things I wish I could tell you, but I don't want to post them here...and part of me isn't ready to say them yet. I miss you so, so much, mellon nin. Keep fighting, and know that when I can't be there with you, God still is. And He loves you so much more than I ever could.

Melinyel, Tari!
-Bess

Hi Chu!

The New Year has been alright, I've been really tired and have had to fend off several lovesick boys, but that's a story for another time. That's lovely, I would love to go to a performing arts school. Coolsyrup, mellonen. *nods head* You take French? Hmm...I think you told me that one time, but my memory is horrible. I take Spanish and of course, am learning the odd dab of Sindarin or Quenya here and there. It's mostly Quenya right now though. :)

I love skating! I've never been skiing though. Our city put in a new outdoor skating rink for the winter, and I went with friends several times. It's in a really beautiful park, but the ice is a bit bumpy. Normally, I go to the rollerskating rink every week with my sister and a few friends. Its a blast. I had a "green Christmas" too, but it has snowed some, three times actually, and it didn't melt right away. Sadly, this last snowfall turned into an ice storm and a pine tree fell and squashed our family car!! We're still sorting out driving and insurance and all that, so we'll see how that goes.

In Middle Earth, I would likely live in...Rivendell!! It's so pretty. I'm assuming we're talking Third Age, if it was Midlle Earth during the Silmarillion, I would probably pick a few other places. Ah well. :) Of course I ship Faramir and Eowyn! But the book Faramir, not the movie Faramir, I've come to be sadly disappointed in him. Favorite book? I can't decide. I love all of them. I've recently come to enjoy the Two Towers movie the best, because of all the character development with Aragorn and how much it focuses on the men of Middle Earth. But I LOVE the last three scenes of FOTR, and of course I love ROTK...so hard to pick a favorite! Favorite hobbit?? Hmm...Samwise or Pippin. Pippin is awesome, but Samwise is so very near and dear to my heart. :) Favorite elvish words? I'm not sure. There are some beautiful ones, and I'll have to think about that. The Shire would be a beautiful place to live, wouldn't it? *applauds* Good for you! Are you going to finish the Silmarillion? I hope so! *frowns* "Ego mibo orch" is very impolite, you know! *laughs* But I did teach you that, didn't I...
MY MEMORY IS SO HORRIBLE RIGHT NOW WHAT EVEN....
I don't even remember what I had for lunch today. *facepalm*

I didn't even know that there was LeMis fanfic! Thats so cool, I'm going to have to go find some. :) Have you seen any of the LeMis movies?

Now its my turn to ask questions, I guess. What's your favorite color? What's your favorite childhood memory? Favorite holiday? What's your favorite song right now? (Not your favorite song of all time, just the one you like and listen to the most right now.) Mine is "Keeping Your Head Up" by Birdy. :) I like the color of lilacs and the color of a summer sky with a bright sun and no clouds. One of my favorite childhood memories is picking wildflowers with my grandmother, and another is going on a bike ride during a thunderstorm with my cousins and grandfather. Also eating oreo cookies in a hideout under some huge pine trees; I remember that very vividly. The oreos were the chocolate ones with mint centers. Maybe my memory isn't as bad as I thought LOL. My favorite holiday is Passover. I'm not Jewish, but my family celebrates it in light of Jesus being the "Lamb of God", and its such a special, symbolic time.

Unfortunately, I, a master of procrastination, must end this letter in order to go home and finish my science experiments. Which involve looking at microscope slides and then drawing and labeling them. The problem is that half the time I have no idea what I'm looking for and end up making random guesses and hope my mom won't notice or that she won't know what she's looking at either. Then I'm supposed to stretch, or going to dance class this week will kill me. We're learning firebird leaps. Or back attitude leaps, or whatever you want to call them. But I think firebird leaps sound cooler. They hurt your back though, if you don't do them smoothly enough. *awkward silence*

Goodbye, Chu. I miss you! I hope your year continues to go well, and that you get to smile and laugh a lot.

Love,
Bess :)

Dear MB friends,
What is this great wonder? THE MB GOT A SEARCHBAR, FINALLY!!! *does a happy dance because words cannot express how happy I am right now*
Now that I've gotten that out of my system... *huggleglomps you all*
You are special. And God loves you very much.
*ducks smacks from people who are annoyed at me sounding like VeggieTales*
One other thing...
There's quite a din...people shouting out to their friends all over the place! Do you want to hear my (quite awe-inspiring, actually) elvish battlecries? Wait, no, that's not right, I'll have to think of something else. One does not yell battlecries at one's friends. A friendly shout, mayhap? Nay, that's not for elvish maidens. I'll just have to write you all letters. :) Send them to you by pigeon. Dove? Yes, by dove. Pigeons tend to...leave people presents. And they're not nice ones, either. ^.^ LOL

You know, LOL doesn't mean what it used to anymore. People use it too casually. Like when they're not actually laughing, they still say LOL. What is that all about? Say what you mean!
Anyway...
I miss you all.

Remember, if you ever need to talk, or get something out of your system, I'm here to listen. Even if you don't know me. I'll try to reply as best I can.

The Lord bless you and keep you. The Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you...the Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace.

Love,
Bess

• Posted at:

a memory..."

-- Lin-Manuel Miranda

Front sm

magicalnectar2

aka AgentOfficer39

I hate myself because I can't come up with something to say, other than I love you. It's pathetic. I also can't write epic letters like you or Tessa or basically anyone else. 

I miss you.

How's it going, though? I've missed talking to you. :/

I'm doing good. Like a lot better. Like better as in the only reason I'm sleep-deprived right now is because I stayed up past midnight with my friends every night for about a week straight. o.o 

Gah, I miss you...

• Posted at:

claire

look what you just made me do

Front sm

joyfuldreamer12

Oh, Gwen.  *hugs*  Hey, you can get through this mellon.  I'll be right there with you, praying for you.  I'm honored to be your new butterfly.  Purple, if you don't mind.  I'm so glad that you have your best friend to talk to when you need her.  Be kind to yourself, alright darlin'?  God loves you so very very much and so do I.  You're a beautiful, lovely person and you make so many people's lives better, including mine.  We all love you so much, and I hope that you can discover how to love yourself.  It's hard, I know.  I love you, Tari.  I haven't stopped praying for you since I read this.  You're going to be okay, alright hon?  I can't write more now, but I hope this helped a bit. 
Melinyel,

Bess

• Posted at:

a memory..."

-- Lin-Manuel Miranda

Front sm

emeraldmoonlight32

aka EmeraldAssassin109

*hugs Bess so tight* You always know what to say, don't you? Thank you for those words, mellon. I'm doing better, and with a lot of prayer and a lot of work, I think I'll be okay. :) I'm sorry that this is so short, but like you, I'm short on time. I love you, Bess.

Meliynel,

Tari

@The Mods: I'm seeking help, so don't worry, I'll be all right. :)

• Posted at:

Gwendolyn/Táriuial

Front sm

joyfuldreamer12

Clairykins,

Saying "I love you" is not pathetic. (*pokes you* 1 Corinthians 13:13!) I love you too, my friend. Be kind to yourself, please. And I don't need an 'epic letter', dearie. I'm just glad you're here. I've missed talking with you too. I miss you so much. *huggles*

Well...mentally, I'm doing way better. I still have my moments, but over all I'm doing okay. But physically, I'm in a lot of pain. I got sick at the end of the summer and the doctors are still testing me. Certain symptoms caused me to fall, cut my head open, and need seventeen stitches. The girls at my dance studio call me "Frankenstein the model" now hahaha.

I'm so glad that you're doing better. And really glad that you're able to spend so much time with your friends, even if you're not getting enough sleep. ;)

My daffodils are in bloom now. I love how bright yellow they are. And guess what? One of them has a orange center, even though I didn't plant that kind! I love how life has so many little surprises like that. Haha, I had to write three paragraphs in spanish today so now my brain keeps thinking in spanish. I really want to go outside and run today...but my hips and knees apparently hate me right now. :/

I was watching the show 'Monk' last night with my sister, have you seen it? It's pretty funny. We watched the one where he ends up on a submarine. What's your favorite show?
Hey, I just remembered a joke! (You've probably heard this before :P)
"I just stepped on a cornflake. I am now officially a cereal killer."

Clair, I love you and I miss you tons and I pray for you every day. You are never far from my thoughts, mellon.  You are a beautiful, special person, and a wonderful, amazing friend.  You mean so much to me, dearie. :)  I hope that the rest of your day and your week and the whole month of March is lovely for you. You deserve it, you awesome person you! :)
Melinyel, Clair!
Your minion,
Bess

Dear Tari,
*hugs back* Anytime, mellon. I love you so much.

I saw the Spring Prom thingy. And I thought about maybe making a surprise appearance...but I didn't think that would go over well. Do you know what my dream prom dress is? A butterfly costume. I found this awesome blue and silver dress with just a hint of purple on the underskirt. Its really light and flowy, and the bodice has a very pretty swirly pattern in beads and embroidery on it. It honestly looks like a fairy dress, and I would try and make wings to go with it. Wouldn't that be great? So sad though, homeschoolers don't get to go to prom, and if I did wear something like that, I'd probably get kicked out or laughed at. Too bad we don't have genuine masked balls anymore. *sigh* And very few guys actually know how to waltz.

Speaking of waltzing, my favorite song of the week is by Shostakovich. Jazz Suite No. 2 6: Waltz II. Its super fun. I love the contrast between the classical and jazzy sounds, and the way Shostakovich mixed them together is flawless. Haha, if you look up pictures of him when he was really young, he looks like Harry Potter! One of my friends is trying to get me to listen to David Bowie music this week. Because I'm apparently biased or something? Eh. I guess I will, but rock music really isn't my thing. I do like a couple of Fall Out Boy and Imagine Dragons songs though. I don't think of Imagine Dragons' songs as rock though. I absolutely draw the line at Heavy Metal though. When you have a migraine-level headache almost every day, that stuff could kill you. :D

I read a novel about ballet recently and laughed for about a half hour straight. The main character gave an in-depth description of Swan Lake and if you've ever seen it and know anything about ballet, you will crack up laughing because of how sarcastic she (the MC) is. I didn't finish it though because of the sub-plot, which was annoying.

Gwen, I hope I can be half as good a friend to you as you have been to me. You're amazing. I feel like this letter has been kind of pathetic, and I'm sorry. You mean so much to me, and I want to be there for you like you've been there for me. I love you, mellon!
-Bess

Dear "Authiel",
I miss you, Lyss. I don't know if you really miss me, but I very much miss your sharp wit and patronizing comments on grammar and spelling. You make me smile and laugh so much. I look up to you a lot (hey, wipe that smirk off your face), and I love your intelligence, humor, and effortless writing. Plus, I feel lonely carrying this sword around by myself. I'd love to hear from you, dearie.
Sincerely,
Bess (the third part of Blyssa)

• Posted at:

a memory..."

-- Lin-Manuel Miranda

Front sm

emeraldmoonlight32

aka EmeraldAssassin109

Almarien,

I think that sounds like the most perfect prom dress ever. Layna and I are planning another MB Dance, and maybe I'll wear a butterfly costume, in your honor. :) I wish we still had masquerade balls. It would be the best. Unfortunately, I can't dance. I've always said that I'm a klutz, but then, I can do martial arts, so I guess I'm not totally hopeless. So maybe I could learn to dance. My best friend made me promise that I'd learn to dance for her wedding, which, with any luck, will be in a couple of years. I fully expect her boyfriend to propose within a year. If he doesn't, I'll be so disappointed.

My favorite song of the week is "Come As You Are" by Crowder. I love it so much, it brings me such a sense of relief. I looked up Shostakovich, by the way, and he totally does look like Harry Potter. With neater hair, though. Have you read the Harry Potter books? I love them, they're tied with LOTR for my favorite book series of all time. I'm actually writing a Harry Potter fic on FanFiction called Opposites Attract. It's so much fun, and I've met so many other writers. But as for music, I've got the weirdest taste. I like pretty much everything...except for what I don't like, if that makes any sense. I especially love Fall Out Boy and Twenty One Pilots, although I literally grew up with Taylor Swift's music, so I'll always love her. I don't always like loud music, but sometimes I just need to put my headphones on, close my eyes, and turn the music up to the volume that will definitely be the cause of my hearing loss at age 25. I do that when I just need the music to soak into my brain and drown out the world.

I've been doing a novel study for my English class. The book I'm reading is The Bean Trees. It's so amazing, and has opened my eyes in so many ways. I really love it. Last year, I had to read The House on Mango Street. It was amazing too. If you haven't read it, you absolutely should. I'm also re-reading a fanfiction called Resurgence. It's a mystery, which I don't usually read, but it's so amazingly well-written. The author is so nice, and has been such a help with my story. There's this one part where the OC is asked what her favorite color is, and she responds, "Violet. It's the color of the sunrise. Not the pink or orange when the sun's really coming up. It's when the stars officially begin to fade and the sky begins to lighten just enough to let you know that it's morning." I thought those were such beautiful lines, I still can't get over them.

You are such a good friend, Bess. You're so wonderful, beyond words. I can't tell you how much I love reading these letters and hearing from you. And this letter was absolutely not pathetic! I love you, Sunshine, and you've been there for me in very dark times.

Oh! And one more thing, I noticed you wrote to Lyss. Like you, she only checks in every month or so, now that she's busy being an adult and other insane stuff. Crazy woman. :)

-Gwen

• Posted at:

Gwendolyn/Táriuial

Front sm

joyfuldreamer12

Gwen,

That's sweet of you, go for it if you'd like! So, I was mourning the absence of masquerade balls these days, and found out that there actually are some...in Vienna, Austria. So unless I become a companion to a rich old lady who likes to travel (gotta be a Cahill, right?) there's very little chance of me ever getting to go to one, sadly. I'm sure you're not really a klutz, and dancing is soooo much fun! It's definitely worth learning. Aw...I bet they're a super cute couple. :)

I love that song. :) This week, my favorite song is "Poor Wayfaring Stranger" by Peter Hollens and The Swingle Singers. It's so pretty! And I love the key changes. Oh, and I've also been listening to "Trust In You" by Lauren Daigle. Speaking of music and singing, I'm definitely a soprano. The highest note I can sing easily is a G above the C above middle C. I can sing low as well, but I lose my volume in the alto range, which is based mostly around middle C. Below that, my volume comes back, it's strange. And a little frustrating.

I'm working on it though! No, I haven't read the Harry Potter series. As you probably know, there's a ton of debate in the Christian community over them, and my mom falls on the side that doesn't condone them. So in respect to her, I haven't read them. I may sometime in the future though, to judge for myself and see if I'll let my kids read them or not. I've heard they're very good. :) Ooh, I LOVE fanfiction. Well...good fanfiction that is. If it doesn't have Mary Sues and what not. And of course, if its good writing. I'm sure yours is awesome!

Haha, your explanation of music taste does make sense, mellon. :) Taylor Swift? Same here haha. I heard her song "New Romantics" the other day and found a line I really liked. "...I could build a castle with all the bricks they threw at me..." Because you do have to take the bad things in your life or the hurts you've received and turn them into something stronger and better. Although I definitely wouldn't get very far trying to build a castle on my own...I need a lot of help from the Lord!

Music is so powerful...I think it speaks to human souls in a unique way that not very much else does. And it reflects us in some way. It's one of the highest forms of self-expression. I mean, dance is as well, but music is crucial for dance. I can dance without music playing, but its still there in my head helping determine my next motions. I believe God created music for a very special purpose in our lives. It's not just sound, its something closer to the divine. The fact that in some cases sound can become light just awes me. Jesus is the light of the world. Revelations says that He will be the light source of heaven and that around His throne will be endless singing. Wow!

Sorry for going on like that...sometimes I just can't contain my excitement. :) Like...Captain America: Civil War comes out so soon and I'm so excited I can't wait!! *squeals*

I've read "The Bean Trees", but not "The House on Mango Street." I'll put it on my list of books to read. :) Have you finished The Bean Trees yet? I agree with you, it is pretty amazing. Its very hard to read though...very raw and very beautiful. Writing like that is so powerful...it manages to show both the ugliness and beauty of life. I love it when I find a book like that that also has a Christian perspective.
If possible, can you tell Lyss that Bess requests a letter from her? Haha, she probably won't write me one, but if you can at least direct her here I would be pretty happy. I want to hear about all these crazy adult things she's been doing. :D

At my school (I'm only part-time though), they're doing this thing where for a whole week everyone dresses for a certain theme. One day we have to dress like we're from the future. I don't know exactly what that looks like. I don't feel like I have a very good idea of what that even entails. Any advice?? O_O

Haha, my mum hasn't ever been a fan of LOTR and even said she thought I was a little too obsessed with it. But one of her friends told her she should watch it, so now we're watching the movies together and I'm like "I told you so!" It's turning out to be really fun. :)

You're amazing, Gwen. I love you too. So much. And I LOVE hearing from you, it always brightens my day. As always, I'm praying for you. :)

Melinyel!

-Bess

• Posted at:

a memory..."

-- Lin-Manuel Miranda

Front sm

emeraldmoonlight32

aka EmeraldAssassin109

Dearest Darlingest (Yes, of course that's a real world, don't question it) Bess,

I checked the MB yesterday for the first time in over a month and this was the first thread I checked. I was so happy to get your letter, mellon, it totally made my day. I'll be a rich lady who likes to travel, just as soon as I publish articles and novels and become famous. You can come with me! I'd love to learn to dance. My best friend can, so I might have to get her to teach me sometime. She and her boyfriend are really adorable, I love hanging out with them. She wants to set me up with his brother, but I can't see that happening, as he likes another girl. Ah well. C'est la vie.

Some day, I'll write you a whole list of all my favorite songs. I love to sing, I'm always doing it. My family has probably considered taping my mouth shut. I'd love to play an instrument, but for now, I just sing. I'm an alto, I think. Soprano is so pretty! There was a girl in our praise band that could sing soprano, it was beautiful. My best friend is always marveling at how high my singing voice is, but I don't really think it's that high. My favorite song to sing is 'Reflection' from Mulan. It fits my voice so well. And my friend's boyfriend says it sounds just like the movie.

I have an aunt who absolutely refuses to let her kid read Harry Potter. My family loves Harry Potter. I can kind of understand why some people think it's wrong, but in my opinion, they're some of the best books to ever be written. They are rather dark, though. They're about racism and hurt and PTSD and death and sorrow and tragedy and hope and love. It's a beautiful mess. I just love it. I guess it's the witchcraft that puts some people off? But as long as the kid knows it's not real, I don't have a problem. I can't stand Mary Sues. I've worked so hard to keep my OC from being one. I'll tell you about her sometime, if you want, as she's basically my child and I adore her. I actually loosely based her on Lyss.

I haven't heard that song yet! One of my favorite Taylor Swift songs is Begin Again, as it shows how heartbreaks can heal and there's hope for new love and a new life. I think it's beautiful. My best friend can't stand Taylor Swift, though. She says she's the embodiment of acting on your emotions. But when her emotions resonate with so many people, is it really a bad thing? I've known people who her music was almost catharthic for, if I'm using that word correctly.

I would be so lost without music. It's my little escape from the world, and it always makes me feel so free. I hope there will be endless singing in heaven, as that sounds like my kind of paradise. And please don't apologize for getting excited about something. I always love hearing it, and the excitement seems to leak over into my soul!

I'm SO excited for Civil War!! I might not be able to see it until it comes on DVD, though, because my family doesn't go to the movie theaters. My little sister would never be quiet through a whole movie. But maybe I can convince my dad to take me, if I'm lucky. We'll see. Have you seen the new Star Wars? I was so happy to watch it, it felt like such a loving tribute. I actually squealed when they showed the Millenium Falcon. I'm such a nerd.

If you have to dress for the future, I'd suggest watching something like the Back to the Future movies for ideas. Other than that, I don't really know. You could always dress like Katniss, as The Hunger Games technically takes place in the future ;) Your school sounds awesome. I've always been more interested in past eras than future ones anyway. I've recently become obsessed with Revolutionary America. I'd love to go see Hamilton someday, it's supposed to be really good.

Yes, haha! Bring your mother over to the dark side. Though I consider the LOTR fandom to be the light side. They're so good. My younger brother is reading LOTR now, and he's really enjoying it.

I love hearing from you too, Almarien. It makes me so happy. Like I said, you totally made my day with this letter. And I'm praying for you too, sweet girl.

Melinyel!

-Tári

• Posted at:

Gwendolyn/Táriuial

Front sm

inkforest13

aka ClassifiedEvil4

@Bess: How ever did you know I was smirking...? Effortless writing, my foot. It's a bunch of hard work, that's what it is. Currently, I'm in a class where we must write 50,000 words on a novel in 10 weeks. Still not as difficult as NaNo, but challenging all the same. Besides that, I'm writing a whopping research paper on an aspect of homeschooling (parent certification), so that's been informative. And after this... I graduate with my Associate's degree. Partially as a result, my people and I are planning a Medieval combat tournament slated to take place in the summer. Which means lots of scheduling for me, plus I'll probably have to build a few more weapons. And get some war paint... My biggest struggle in life right now is trying to figure out what to wear to the apocalypse. I have so many epic jackets, and don't particularly fancy waddling out to battle because I've decided to wear them all.

• Posted at:

You're a cherry blossom

You're about to bloom

You look so pretty

But you're gone so soon

Front sm

joyfuldreamer12

Dear Tari,

Aw, I'm glad my letter made your day. And of course I'll come with you, I'll be your fashion consultant, hair stylist, tea and coffee brewer, and part-time publicity manager! I can't say I could be a bodyguard, because I haven't completed my intelligence field-agent training yet haha. You do like tea and coffee, don't you? My little sister and I have been learning to viennese waltz together...it's a lot harder than I expected. Every few turns either the guy or the girl has to cross one foot over the other. You would like my little sister, she's hysterical. Every time one of us makes a mistake, she steps back and does the "one two three AND" thing from the musical "The King and I." If you haven't, just look up the scene "Shall We Dance." By the way, have you ever read the book "The Spy Wore Red"? It's an AMAZING autobiography with a tad of artistic license. Its so good!

Can you be praying for me? I've been having some really bad days lately, can't lie.

I'll be looking forward to that list! I'm sure your voice is beautiful. You might be a Soprano 2, actually. :) "Who is that girl I see? Staring straight back at me...why is my reflection someone I don't know?" I love Disney...

I'd love to hear about your OC! Haha, does Lyss know? I have The Piano Guys version of "Begin Again" on my iPod, it's so pretty. I think that for her to have come so far and accomplished so much, Taylor Swift is a very talented person, and she's been able to connect with a lot of people. She's such an icon...growing up with her I know like all her songs, and there are at least three that coincide with really important memories of mine. Yes, I do associate a lot of my memories with songs. So while she does have some issues, her music does resonate with me in that aspect. Though in terms of going through loads of boyfriends and living a worldly lifestlye, she's not a good role model, so I agree with your friend a little bit. Am I making sense? I feel like I'm not...it's been a long day.

HAHAHA "So This Is Love" from Disney Cinderella just came on my playlist. I want to dance now....speaking of which, my dance recital is this weekend! I feel pretty prepared, except that I have one part where I'm in a trio and we do an arabesque penchée and I'm so scared that I'll wobble or fall over on my butt and make a complete fool of myself. O_O Plus, my extensions are pathetic.

So, I did see Captain America: Civil War. It's so good! I hope that you do get to see it. :) And yes, I did see the new Star Wars, twice actually! I think they did a really good job with it, I was devastated when Han Solo died, and I hope that the new actors can continue to carry the new episodes onward with the love of the fans! :) Same here, my family doesn't go to movie theaters because there are so many of us and movie tickets are insanely expensive, aren't they? But now that I'm older, my parents sometimes let me go with my sister or some friends, depending on the film. Which is a privilege I value and try not to abuse, because my parents are a bit overprotective...XD The futuristic costume ended up not being a problem, because I was sick that day and had to stay home. Yes, the school is pretty awesome. I'm hoping that I'll get to go part-time again next year.

Oh, I LOVE history. It's so important, because we can learn so much from it and as a Christian its also comforting to look back on past eras and realize that there really is nothing new under the sun...civilizations rise and fall...God stays the same yesterday today and forever. And He's constantly shaping His plan for us throughout the ages. Yes, Revolutionary America seems to have been a great time period. So many inspiring things took place...so many great people lived then. Hamilton? I've heard a few of the songs, and was a little surprised by them...they have a very modern feel for a historical musical. Interesting, I'll try to find out more about it, because I really haven't heard that much about it. Angelica! Peggy! XD I can't do it right...

She actually liked LOTR, which made me very happy. Maybe, just maybe I can get her to read them someday. (She argues that she doesn't have enough time.)

Love you so much, Tari! I'm sorry that this letter came so late, the end of the schoolyear has been rather hectic. Yes, I am done...mostly. I don't know if I ever really told you, but August 2015 I was diagnosed with Lyme's Disease. It mainly affects my brain (haha, I always knew I was messed up), and joints and what have you. I'm not going to list my symptoms, because that would be both boring and depressing. Anyway, I got very behind in my homeschool this year and as a result have to do a science and an english course over the summer. Along with my own personal goals, which are getting a job and hopefully taking at least one stretching/technique dance class to keep up what I've learned. Yes, I hate Lyme, and it sucks and I'm not going to talk about it anymore, but I refuse to let it take over my life while it attacks my body.

I wish I could end this in a more lighthearted way...but I can't really think of anything. Oh, and Tessa came back on Figment. We haven't been on at the same time yet to talk at all, and I'm secretly terrified. Of how much we've changed, of how much has happened...and I don't know how to handle my parents. They really don't like me being online at all and writing these letters makes me feel a bit deceitful. If you think I should stop on moral grounds I will. But I would miss you so very much. And I feel like I should be able to make my own decisions, you know?

I hope that you have a lovely, wonderful amazing start to your summer and that it's everything you hope it will be. I pray that God sends you many unexpected blessings and surprises, and that you continue to grow in Christ.

Love,

Bess

• Posted at:

a memory..."

-- Lin-Manuel Miranda

Front sm

cleverfairy102

I have a problem. I will use this quote to describe it,

She wears her smile like a shield,

So no one sees the pain she feels.

• Posted at:

Hello.

did you know... that... 

You're perfect,

smart,

beautiful,

doing the best you can,

and that I'm proud of you?

I'm doing quite well, thank you, my friend.

Front sm

joyfuldreamer12

Dear Lyss,

I am going to attempt to make my reply as interesting and enjoyable as your letter was, but I will certainly fail, m'dear. How did I know you were smirking? Well, how do we know the sun will rise every morning? Always try to answer a question with a question of your, own, I'm told, so there.

Ah yes, perhaps my choice of words was wrong. You make it SEEM effortless, though, dearie. Your class definitely sounds difficult, yet I'm sure that you rise to the challenge brilliantly, as you always have. And what are your views on the subject of your research paper? I'm afraid I have to write one this summer as well, and I'm not yet sure what my subject will be.

Your Associate's degree! Wow, Lyss! That's quite the accomplishment, and as I'm not sure when you're graduating, I will give my congratulations now. If you want to save them for later, that's fine, of course.

Your people? Though I understand your use of this term, I wasn't fully aware that you had gained rule over your own kingdom. Was this a recent event? I demand why I wasn't invited to the coronation! (I'm sure you'll be delighted to know that I just stopped writing in order to check for spelling mistakes and grammatical errors.)

A Medieval combat tournament sounds like a suitable way to partially celebrate the occasion. I'm frankly envious of you and your cohorts and disappointed that there's no possible way for me to attend. I'll send some virtual casks of Dorwinion wine for the victor, if that is well with you?

If you don't mind compromising your plans slightly, would you disclose to me what weapons you intend to add to your extensive armory?

THE STRUGGLE IS REAL MY FRIEND! I intend to go out lookin' good, I tell thee. I know I'll be wearing a leather jacket at least. Perhaps over a ball gown and rocket boots. And I'm stockpiling Gandalf's jet packs. I bought out some serious stock in the company, you know. However, my information is incomplete as to the exact date of the apocalypse. So many people claiming they know, but I can't get it out of the person who really knows. He won't tell, not even His own son, and in response to my enquiry wrote a public, annoyingly cryptic letter. I think He dictated it to some dude named John. The letter is comforting, because He never lies, but any talk of the apocalypse is always unnerving despite it. Matthew 28:20 is therefore one of the most comforting verses I know. Yep, waddling out to battle twould be quite undignified! Just remember, "The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory rests with the Lord."

I'm slightly panicked because I apparently have to complete 16 modules of an anatomy course in 12 weeks. My. Brain. Is. Going. To. Explode. And work. And do a research paper. And a thousand other little things that I've forgotten to mention. Oh, and I'm planning on taking a dance technique course as well. I'm suddenly assured that I am completely insane, as well as sick.

So. There was a snake in my house yesterday. In my Grandmother's apartment, actually. My little sister discovered it...by stepping on it. She became a prime example of the phrase "frightened out of her wits." Once we were to the point where she could actually formulate a sentence, my mom and brothers went in there and tried to corner it. It was a harmless black snake, which is good, because they eat rodents and I've heard that if you have black snakes around your house, you don't have copperheads. I'll take harmless over poisonous any day, thank you very much. The poor snake got trapped under a shovel and squeaked along the floor to the door by my much-agitated mother. He sustained multiple potentially fatal injuries, so my brother chopped off its head with a hatchet. Thus ends the tale. My sister is still looking intently at the ground wherever she walks, and I found the whole thing sad but hilarious.

I will be honored if we manage to keep up this haphazard correspondence. Oh, has Laketown managed to clear up its pollution problem yet? Legolas was throwing out ideas for a Middle Earth olympics and suggested the Dale area. He was shot down by the committee (literally, we had to send him to sick bay) mainly because of all the things we've been hearing about Rio de Janeiro. The descendants of Samwise Gamgee are starting a "Clean Water, Clean Air" program. I think they're worth contacting haha.

I hope that everything goes swimmingly for you, my dear! And if it doesn't..."just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming swimming swimming..."

Nai anar caluva tielyanna!

Love,

Bess

• Posted at:

a memory..."

-- Lin-Manuel Miranda

Front sm

joyfuldreamer12

Dear CleverFairy102,

I'm sorry to hear of your trouble. I hope that in some small way, I can help you. If you need to talk, I am willing to listen to you, and if you want it, offer a little encouragement and advice. Do you know how to use the invisible ink? I find that helpful for keeping some posts a little more private than others, if that's something you need. The quote is from a song I wrote at a time in my life when I was going through some hard things. I learned that you have to be careful that a smile-shield doesn't turn into unneeded armor. The people who love you need you to be open and truthful with them.

I find Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 to be very true. Friends are important, I hope you'll let me be yours! Here are five things about me:
      1. I love to dance and I love to sing. I adore music...in my mind it is the highest art form.
      2. I love to bake. And I love coffee and tea. I think food brings people together in really special ways. If you met me in real life, I would probably sit you down at a table and bring you brownies or some other baked good if by chance you are not a brownie-lover. It's hard for me to imagine not loving chocolate. I love this quote : "Chocolate is the answer regardless of the question." It's on one of my tea mugs, funnily enough. And there's something especially comforting about a warm, fudgy brownie.
      3. I am one of the older MBers, but I left awhile ago and can only visit occasionally. That's why this thread is here, so I can write letters and keep up a bit because the MB is amazing and there are so many wonderful people here who are my great friends.
      4. I love the written works of Professor J.R.R. Tolkien. The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, The Silmarillion...and I've read quite a few volumes of "The History of Middle Earth." I like to say that I'm a recovering addict. But I don't think I'll ever stop loving Middle Earth, or give up being a Tolkienite. I think I graduated being a fangirl though! :) (I hope.)
      5. I'm homeschooled, and I love to read. Especially the Bible. It's the written words of the most important person in my life. :)

I'm delighted to meet you, cleverfairy. I'm here if you need me, please let me know if there's anything I can do to help.
               Sincerely,

Bess

• Posted at:

a memory..."

-- Lin-Manuel Miranda

Front sm

cleverfairy102

Bess invisible ink: I'm really afraid of messing up. I work well under pressure, but I don't want to have to work under pressure bu I do. And its hard. I am the oldest sister in my family and I just moved from my home and I really miss my friends. It hurtsdso I don't even talk sometimes. I find it hard to make friends at my church. I have one, but hes a boy. And I just need a girll to confide in. Can that be you?

I love to sing. I love baking and I also love making meals for my family. I adore brownies. and chocolate, and brownies. I guess you could call me a noldie. I personally have not read the works of J.R.R Tolkien but I have them at my house. I love the PJO series and the HoO series and the Kane chronicles. Even though I'm christian and that would not be okay with most people. I'm homeschooled and love to read. It helps me get away when times get tough. Wow, I've never told someone that before. Are you in my head? The Bible is truly the greatest of them all. Wow, I've never told anyone that before.

Sincerely,

Clev, (call me that, doesn't take much time)

• Posted at:

Hello.

did you know... that... 

You're perfect,

smart,

beautiful,

doing the best you can,

Front sm

inkforest13

aka ClassifiedEvil4

Dear Bess,

I don't know that the sun will rise every morning, thank you very much. But yes, answering in such a way is certainly useful, especially during interrogations.

*bows* My thesis is that they needn't have them in order to homeschool. It actually wasn't terribly bad, as it was done in little steps. One must simply view each section as its own little essay. As The Faun says: the way to eat an elephant is one at a time.

Thank you. It'll be in a week.

By "my people," I am referring to them in the sense of belonging to them, not them belonging to me, specifically. (Delighted? Why, I expect them to not exist in the first place. ;) )

I instigated it because I was jealous of the tournaments of my overlord's youth and wanted to experience something of that sort for myself. Unfortunately, most of our participants are underage, and therefore we prefer ale.

Well, the Tacts are making various things, including arrows. I'm going to be making several swords, a shield, and possibly more corndogs. Last night I made myself a weapon which is a mix of a Zulu iklwa and a Japanese naginata. Padded weapons do not look entirely glorious, unfortunately, but they prevent some injuries.

Excellent and refreshing retelling of the revelation. I'm definitely going to need to lend some jackets to my friends, because such noble threads need done justice to.

Hmm... What drives you to manic scholastics with such abandon?

Alas, poor snake. You should name him Yorick.

I haven't been much to Middle Earth these days, so I haven't knowledge in the slightest. So many worlds to get lost in, I find.

The only comparable missive I know is "Ego, mibo orch," and that's hardly appropriate.

• Posted at:

You're a cherry blossom

You're about to bloom

You look so pretty

But you're gone so soon

Front sm

cleverfairy102

Dear Bess,

I'm happy to say things have been looking up. My friends are comin to visit soon, and I'm so psyched! My b-day's coming up (12!) and I finally am moving up a class in the bible class at church. (There is a very annoying boy in my current class,) and I do not feel lonely any more.

How are things with you?

~Clev~

P.S. I'm thinking about changing my MB name. Using one of my rp names instead. What do you think? These are my choices> Zilya, Ziva, Zipporah, Inkeri. I love Z's!

• Posted at:

Hello.

did you know... that... 

You're perfect,

smart,

beautiful,

doing the best you can,

Front sm

joyfuldreamer12

Dear Clev,
I'm truly sorry for how long my replies take, I hope you'll forgive me for how long you have to wait for a response. I really only am able to get on this website once, maybe twice a month. :(

I have a question...can I call you 'Brownie'? If you talk to any of my friends, you'll come to realize that I have a habit of giving people names and nicknames. I don't know, the name kind of popped into my head when I was thinking about you and your letter. I don't like to just assume things though, so do let me know what you think, Clev. :) By the way, you are an amazingly sweet person. It is such a pleasure to have made your acquaintance.

The Tolkien books are worth a try! I would suggest starting with "The Hobbit" if you ever do decide to read them. They're lovely. :) Wait...is the PJO series the Percy Jackson series? I've read those, and loved them. I didn't like the second series so much as the first, which in my opinion was hilarious. Hmm...it's true you do have to be careful what you read. Stories are powerful things, and I love them. They influence the way we look at the world. Do you know what worldview is? If you don't, a good way to explain it is that it's the way each person views the world. It's important to look at an author's worldview while reading their books, and hold it up against the Christian worldview and ask oneself questions about whether or not it's good for you and your walk with the Lord. And your faith may be stronger in some areas than others, and in listening/watching/reading something secular, you will be able to take it with a grain of salt.

I try to look at it through the lens of 1 Corinthians 8. That passage talks about how in the early church, some Christians would eat food that had been sacrificed to pagan idols because they knew the truth that there is only one God and that the food was just food. (People back then thought eating this type of food would bring them closer to their pagan gods.) Paul warns the Christians in this passage against this behavior, not because it was bad, but because when Christians weak in their faith saw those Christians strong in their faith sometimes doing this, they went ahead and did it too, with no basis for doing so...and they still believed in the pagan ideas that this type of food was able to make you holier and bring you closer to god etc. So the actions of the Christians strong in their faith, who knew what they were doing, were dangerous because they could cause their brothers and sisters in Christ to stumble. And this can be applied to so many other areas of life. In the end though, it's not about what the rest of the community thinks (although it is our duty to always be in agreement and harmony with each other!), it's between you and the Lord. We answer to Him, and He alone is our judge. If we love Him, we follow His commandments, and walk in the way that is blameless in His sight. :) *hides* Okay, I'm coming down off my soapbox now haha. Sorry. I get carried away sometimes.

Yes, reading is amazing. In your imagination, you can be anyone and do anything! I love that...and you're right, it gives us such beautiful worlds to escape into. Am I in your head? Nope! I'm just your average fairy godmother...haha. I feel honored that you've told me something you've never told anyone else! Le hannon. (Um, I may have forgotten to mention that I have a bad habit of dropping random elvish phrases into conversations. I hope that's not a problem, and feel free to shriek at me for translations. Le hannon means thank you. :)

Invisible ink: Failure is how we learn. I know exactly how you feel, though. I'm a perfectionist, the kind of person who can't sleep for three days after she fails a quiz or something, who obsesses over things she says that she wishes she hadn't, or things she might've done differently, or what people think of her. But I learned something. It doesn't matter what people think. We ultimately have an audience of one. And He never fails to forgive us when we apologize for our mistakes, never stops loving us when we mess up; He loves us despite our brokenness and ugliness. And everyone around us? They're just as messed up as us. No one is perfect. And every single moment is a change to change our behavior, a new beginning. Oh honey...that's hard. I bet you're a great big sister though! Moving is so hard, I know. You leave a piece of your heart behind every time...but that means you take part of the home you left with you as well. :) I moved six years ago, and losing my friends was absolutely the hardest part. But I found out that I never really lost them. We email, write letters, call, Skype...and I've found that with my true-blue friends, we manage to pick up wherever we left off whenever we can see each other again. In a way, I got a deeper, stronger connection with my best friends than I would have if we had lived in the same city our whole lives, which sounds weird, but it was true for me because, you know, we didn't live across the street from each other or anything, we went to the same church and co-op and stuff.

Yes, Clev, that can be me.

You should know that you're an amazing, wonderful person. God loves you so very much! Nothing is too small for Him, and He will always be with you, your ever-present help and comfort in time of trouble. I will be praying for you, darlin'!

And I'm here for you, mellon nin.

I hope that you are having an amazing, wonderful summer!
                                    Love,
                                         Bess

Dear Clev,
Here's the reply to your second letter! Like I said, I take forever to reply. :3

Yay! I'm glad that things are going so well for you. :) Friend visits are awesome. One time my friends surprised us by sneaking up to our house in full gypsy costume. Then we ordered pizza and I could not stop laughing the whole time. Happy Birthday, whenever it is! Twelve is a great age to be. What are you learning in bible class? Yep, certain boys definitely have a talent for being annoying.

I am so happy for you! I've been praying for you, girl. :)

Oh, I saw that someone was harassing (or trolling) you, and I was a bit worried. I'm so glad that the Mods were able to clear all that up. Usually, if you ignore people who comment like that, they'll stop after awhile. They just want to get a rise out of you.

Hmm, things are going okay for me. I've gotten to spend a lot of time with my siblings lately, which is always good. I bought some silly string at dollar tree and had an impromptu war with my little brothers in the parking lot. They're awesome, even though they can be goobers sometimes, you know? :)

The letter Z is very loveable. And those names are all pretty epic. But its nice to keep your MB name constant so people know who you are. Too many names can be confusing! But they're fun! :) I like Zipporah the best, actually.

Love,

Your Friend,

Bess

• Posted at:

a memory..."

-- Lin-Manuel Miranda

Front sm

joyfuldreamer12

Dear Lyss,

Hmm...that was meant to be a rhetorical question. I was quite sure that the sun rose every morning, at least it will until the apocalypse, and then Jesus will take over, I guess. Anyway. I refuse to be confused. Hah, that even rhymed! Oh yes, tis quite helpful during interrogations. Of which I have unfortunately had quite a few. But its all part of the career, you know.

Who on earth is The Faun? I must meet this character. Anyway, I applaud you yet again. How long was your thesis? It sounds interesting. I wonder if there's anyway I might be able to read it? Perchance?

I know, and that's lovely. I'm afraid I don't have the lovely sense of belonging in that way right now...and I'm suddenly happy that letters have no space for awkward silences.

Aww! However, I'm stopping writing right now because I can't think anymore or tell what I've written. My brain isn't working properly this week. So there may be a few grammatical errors, but I am honored by your confidence in me.

"Oh beware, my lord, of jealousy! It is the green-eyed monster which doth mock the meat it feeds on." Shakespeare, doncha know. I don't remember your mention of an overlord, but then, my memory has become absolutely terrible. Don't we all wish to experience something of that sort though? "Bravely rode the host of Aeomund, singing as they came; sunlight glinted off their swords and strength was in their name..." I hope it's Ginger ale they'll be quaffing! The law frowns upon the distribution of ANY alcoholic drinks to minors, I believe.

The Tacts. I'm not sure if that was a typo (heaven forbid!) or whether the aforementioned capitalized word is an actual entity. Corndogs! You possess worthy weapons indeed, my dear friend. So...a curved blade attached to a pole light enough to be used as both a throwing and close-contact weapon. Essentially a wicked-looking spear. I'm excessively glad that it's padded. I read somewhere that the Zulu iklwa was named for the sound it made when entering the body of the enemy. O_O Um. Must have been designed by a Tomas.

Unfortunately, I am driven to "manic scholastics" by side effects of illness combined with medication that forced me to drop a few courses. And I am attempting to complete them over the summer. Which for me is a very short period of time. And yes, a sick person trying to complete normally superhuman tasks is insane. Luckily, I am already certifiably crazy, so there's no reason to worry about that, right? :)

Yes, Alas poor Yorick! Anyway, his body was thrown into the woods to slowly decompose in a pile of leaves and dirt. We didn't even keep the skull... "So many worlds to get lost in, I find." Can I quote you on that?

I'm sorry, Lyss, I can't think of anything interesting to tell you. And trust me, you do not want to read any of my random comments or ramblings. I miss you!

*coughcough* Hardly. Just say, "Novaer." It means farewell in Sindarin.

Novaer, Lyss-lass!
                  With warmth and cordiality,
                                          Bess

• Posted at:

a memory..."

-- Lin-Manuel Miranda

Front sm

joyfuldreamer12

Dear Gwen,

I miss you...

One of my friends has an M&M addiction. Literally. :)

You've successfully gotten me obsessed with Hamilton. But I can't sing the songs very well, because my rapping songs are pretty much nonexistant haha.

I haven't been doing well physically lately, and I keep getting invited to social events. When I have to turn them down because I'm feeling sick, I feel like a horrible snob and that everyone will hate me because they went out of their way to invite me already. My friends keep going to Dairy Queen all the time and because I don't drive yet, I have to go with them and watch them eat ice cream. Yep, I died and went to the opposite of heaven.

Agh, I'm whining too much, aren't I? Sorry. Please don't hate me?

I want to go see Finding Dory. Even though I'm terrified that they'll mess it up and ruin Finding Nemo for me. Which would be awful, because Finding Nemo was like, my childhood movie, the first movie I ever saw on a big screen.

That's all for now. I noticed you're now involved in a murder case? How did you fake your death, Gwen, HOW? Or was it just a hologram of you?

I love you friend.

Novaer,

Bess

• Posted at:

a memory..."

-- Lin-Manuel Miranda

Front sm

spyunicorn1

aka FieryLucian3

*headdesk* Every single time I write back it deletes.

Sooo what's up with the lovesick boys? ;D

Les Mis is a musical, so there's only one movie, but they've made like 10 versions of it for theaters.

I feel your pain. We had to do microscope slide sin science too. WE looked at onion skin cells and then we had to draw them by making a bunch of dots. Not fun -_o What kind of dance class do you do? Sometimes I want to do competitive swimming but then I remember how unfit and lazy I am *facetree* This summer I'm going to do lifeguard classes though. They're 6 hours every day for a week straight.

I think LOL means "haha that's not really funny but I'll say it anyway to acknowledge the fact that you attempted to be funny." Or sometimes along those lines ;)

TALK ELVISH TO ME but no really can you teach me your elvish battlecries because I need to learn more Elvish.

NaNo's writing 50K words in 4 weeks, but you can write literally anything, and it doesn't have to be edited. Writing a whole novel in 10 weeks though is tough cuz you need to plan an actual story, write it, and then edit it :P

I like how every time we do probability in class there always something that's you're supposed to write "certain" for, like, "Will the sun rise tomorrow?" "Certain."

But like you can't be 100% sure the sun will rise tomorrow because for all you know the Earth could end before tomorrow so it's not true.

IT was also funny how it said "I will get a good score on my science test" and literally everyone in my class was like, "Impossible."

AHHHH YOUR SIGGY HAS HAMILTON IN IT :D

Anyways I just graduated from 8th grade (everyone is so old ugh) with Honors and English and Art awards which was nice. And then on Monday my grade goes to Montreal on a 3-day trip, and then I will be officially done with elementary school :D But then that means going to high school and I don't want to go to high school because I procrastinate everything and I'm afraid I'm going to fail it ugh. I think everyone I know is going to the same high school except for a few people, but I don't want to leave them and I don't want to leave the school and I don't want things to change but they have to don't they and jhnvnzlknkhjanzllznI'msuchamess

Are you done with school yet?

• Posted at:

Chu |child of lyzzy + keir :D

professional craftinator.

hi I'm train I'm aceflux and I cannot lie

"In 2022, who was best man at Dan and Phil's wedding?"

"A terrifying hybrid of of Chris and PJ."

"Correct!"

#It's A Chain Reaction of Compassion

Front sm

inkforest13

aka ClassifiedEvil4

Dear Bess,

Quite, but rhetorical questions are some of the most amusing when answered. So have I, so have I... That does tend to happen when goading evil overlords, I'm afraid.

He's someone who looks, eats, leaps, and makes mischief like a faun. The thesis was a mere sentence, but the paper in its entirety was 13 pages. Hmm... I'd have to approach the appropriate channels.

Ag, I know how you feel. In fact, that was me for most my life, until recently. As a wise man once told me, "Every so often we find a place." Despite the fact that the statement would benefit from a comma, it applies to you too.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's not confidence so much as a pedantic expectation of everyone on the planet. :P

It's the same overlord that Andrea thought didn't exist, preposterous as that sounds. Oh, says the one sending the casks of Dorwinion.

It's a family comprised of individuals who aren't scary until you get to know them. Corndogs are quite lethal when thrown, though I've had a beast of a time convincing Oz of that. It's actually a straight blade that's about the length of a naginata's but is attached to a much shorter shaft. And there's a little, round guard like a naginata. I believe it may have been both entering and exiting, which makes sense phonetically.

Crazy and unwise need not be the same thing, however.

It would be an odd trophy anyways. You may if you wish.

That's quite all right. And how does one pronounce "Novaer"?

• Posted at:

You're a cherry blossom

You're about to bloom

You look so pretty

But you're gone so soon

Front sm

joyfuldreamer12

Dear Chu,

Hi! It's great to hear from you, mellon nin! Ach, the lovesick boys are very silly. I try to ignore them without hurting their feelings as much as possible. I'm not the soul-crushing type, and they refuse to take kindly given hints that I do not like them in the sense they wish and neither am I interested. They don't seem to respect me that much either, or they would talk to my dad instead of me.

Actually, Les Miserables began its life as a book written by Victor Hugo and published in 1862. (It's a long, hard read, but actually good.) There have been many movies,movie shorts, and plays based off of it, and even comics. The musical wasn't made until 1980. I'm actually not surprised that there is fan fiction of it, I just hadn't ever seen or read any. Now I'm happily discovering some, yay! Le hannon. :)

I'm in ballet class. Ooh, I actually used to do competitive swimming! I did it for three years, then quit because my mother wanted me to focus on singing. *grins* But swimming is a GREAT way to get fit! And the best part is that you don't really get sweaty, even though you're getting a full body workout! It's the best. Lifeguarding classes should be fun. Who knows, you may be able to use that knowledge to save lives someday! And get a job as a lifeguard...awesome way to work on your tan XD.

Hmm...I don't have enough time right now but I promise in my next letter I'll give you a list of my favorite Quenya words like you asked. Elvish battlecries...well, I can certainly do my best. Note that all of the following are in exilic Quenya. :) The first two are from the Silmarillion, "day shall come again" was the war cry of Húrin at the Nírnaeth Arnoediad. I love The Silmarillion so much!

Day shall come again! -- Aure entuluva! (AU.re en.TU.lu.va)

The night is passing! -- Auta i lóme! (AU.ta i LOO.me)

Death to our enemies! -- Qualme cottolvannar! (KWAL.me kot.tol.VAN.nar)

Death to the orcs! -- Qualme orconnar! (KWAL.me or.KON.nar)

I did NaNo one year...it was an amazing experience. :) My sister is actually thinking about publishing one of the novels she wrote during NaNo. She's an amazing writer, her books will make you laugh and cry.

Yes my sig has Hamilton in it!!! Gwen got me addicted XD. I'm really sad though because I just found out that Lin-Manuel Miranda, Philippa Soo, and Leslie Odom Jr. are all planning to leave the show in July! BUT THEY'RE FILMING IT WITH ORIGINAL CAST MAYBE. Oh, I just changed my signature to Tolkien again, I must do justice to all my fandoms. ;)

Well you're definitely making me feel old. I just finished my second year of highschool. Congratulations on graduating with awards! I'm sure you deserved them. :) You won't fail! Just really try to listen in class and get a decent percent of homework done, you'll be just peachy. But then, I'm mostly homeschooled, so my advice is probably not the greatest. I did go part time to a real school though! That's right, change is hard. I'm absolutely terrified about graduating and going to college. O_O It's really not that far away and I'm sooo not ready yet. Och aye, life goes on, whether you're ready or not, you just have to do your best. Oh, and I'm pretty much done with school except for one course I have to complete over the summer, a little reading, and a research paper.

My family was able to buy another car, thank the Lord. Because we're poor, haha, it's a used church van, although in pretty good condition. But it's embarrassing and super old and white with some paint still on the side and huge. My sister and I affectionately call it "The Terrorist Van" because it totally looks like one hahaha. Taking corners in it is so hard.

"The Lord bless you and keep you. The Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you...the Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace."

Namárie!

Love,

Bess

Dear Lyss,

I am currently working my way through a painful sunburn. My own fault, because I forgot to put on sunscreen. *headshield* Well then. Is he a nice faun? The Mr. Tumnus type?? Ah. Well, do approach the proper channels then, as I'd love to see the fruit of your labors.

True indeed. No one likes to maintain friendships with sick people, I'm afraid. But there are a few who have, and they are definitely keepers. Aside from the fact that they often forget I'm sick and ask me to do things with them and I do and end up staying in bed or on the couch for days afterward. :/

I see. Well, I canceled the order, so there! As much as I love a good party *cough* saving money is always gratifying. Oh, I had my violin fixed! My little sister is more excited than I am, because she plays cello and has been longing to do duets. So we'll see how that pans out.

Thank you, your description of your friends made me laugh. ;) I shall have to throw some corndogs and test your information. It should be entertaining. Oookay I don't think I want to discuss the sound effects of various weapons anymore. Do you know, one of my ballet buddies was speculating the possibilities of skin ripping, get this, WHILE WE WERE STRETCHING. O_O Not helpful, but it made me laugh.

Eh, I need to read Hamlet again.

Well, the IPA pronunciation (if you are familiar with IPA) is /ˈnɔ.vɑɛr/. This is what the stress looks like : NO.vaer. "N" is normal, "O" is pronounced kind of like the 'o/aw' sound in "thought", "V" is normal, "AE" is pronounced as in the word "twine" (but make sure you're gliding from an a to an e ), and the "ER" at the end pronounce as in the word "fair", finally, the "R" is rolled. XD Remind me sometime to direct you to an elvish pronunciation guide.

I hope you're having a wonderful week and a lovely summer.

Novaer, Lyss-lass!

Love,

Bess

Dear Clev,

I'll miss you! I don't know if you'll get this or not. I want you to know I'll be praying for you. Never stop trusting in God, and never forget how beautiful you are and how loved you are by Him. I wish you all the best!

Bess

Dear Gwen,

I miss you. Are you okay?

Love,
Bess

• Posted at:

a memory..."

-- Lin-Manuel Miranda

Front sm

joyfuldreamer12

From ghoulies and ghosties
And long-leggedy beasties
And things that go BUMP in the night,
Good Lord, deliver us!

• Posted at:

a memory..."

-- Lin-Manuel Miranda

Front sm

inkforest13

aka ClassifiedEvil4

Dear Bess,

Alas, that is a malady most foul. It's generally best to hit the heads of one's enemies with a sheild, not one's own head. He's not much like Mr. Tumnus, as he's appreciably better at fighting and much less good at being comforting. I will attempt to.

Good for them. But you don't have to do what they invite you to, though I understand that it may be a welcome reprieve. Perhaps try to make your own fun, of a sort that you can engage in as well. Pardon my asking, but what is it you're so sick about?

Ooh, cool. I have a far-off whimsy of learning the violin or cello, as they sound so lovely.

Very good. Oh, you don't throw edible ones. Tactlessness is an art. :P

Mm, thank you for the guide. I'm more familiar with Old English pronunciation, and a wee bit of Welsh.

Thank you; we're on vacation this week to Yosemite and San Fransisco, so it has indeed been good.

• Posted at:

You're a cherry blossom

You're about to bloom

You look so pretty

But you're gone so soon

Front sm

joyfuldreamer12

Dear Lyss,

Well, I'm over my sunburn, but now I have a bazillion mosquito bites. ALL ON MY LEGS. So now I'm wearing long skirts and jeans and about to die of heat stroke because we've had ninety degree weather this whole week. The worst thing is that its the result of my own stupidity. I was babysitting for a community group (they usually have only five little kids, this time I ended up watching nine) and took the kids outside. I had bugspray and used it on most of them, but forgot to put any on myself. Yeah. I'm definitely an idiot.

Hah! You said "sheild" instead of "shield!" This is possibly the greatest day of my MB life. You finally made a typo.

*hides* Okay, I'm really, really sorry. I'm kind of disgusted with myself, I feel like I'm turning into one of those little old ladies at church potlucks who do nothing but explain and complain about their various ailments and then pretend they haven't been complaining at all. Yeesh. I'm sorry.  Please whack me over the head the next time I start whining like that.*headshields* Anyway...I have Lyme Disease. It's congenital and possibly chronic (something I don't believe because my God is a God of healing) which means that the average doctor will tell you it doesn't exist and that I'm a hypochondriac with mental issues. Yeah. Except that my brain is actually scarred and I deal with migraine-level headaches every day. Okay, I'll shut up now.

"You don't throw edible ones." Okayy...how does it work then? I'm intrigued. XD Yosemite and San Fransisco! Sounds awesome. :) *sings* "I left my heart in San Fransisco..." Of course, than song doesn't really work for me because I've never been to San Fransisco. Haha, I just spent the last five minutes googling pictures of Yosemite and feeling a tad jealous. It looks breathtaking. But as I live in a valley in which you can see soft, rolling mountains on every side...I don't think I'll succumb to the green-eyed monster just yet. You should see the location of our Walmart, it's beautiful. Oh, I'm reading Hamlet! It's quite interesting...Hamlet sounds like a freaky fellow to be around though. So far, my favorite character is Polonius.

Can I ask for your prayers about something? My little brother was recently in an accident, well, he ran through a glass window/door thing. Yeah. I'm told that it was a floor-to-ceiling sheet of glass with no panes or decals or anything...and located right next to a door. He was running out to the parking lot, thought that it was an open double door, and shattered it with his extremely hard head. He cut up his nose, right hand, and left knee. The other knee is bruised, and the cut one has a piece of glass still in it that the ER weren't able to remove. If you will, just be praying for his speedy recovery and that we will be able to pay all the medical bills. The poor guy is on crutches with his knee in a brace because they don't want him to pull out any stitches. I actually feel kind of bad for the church, because now they have a hole in the side of their building because their door/window thing completely shattered. And they'll definitely have a weird insurance claim!

So. I should probably return to my human anatomy course if I'm going to accomplish my goals this week. Right now I'm studying how muscle works, and its amazing. Sarcomeres are so complex, and they're just muscle cell organelles!

Hope you have another great week, mellon.

Novaer!

Bess

• Posted at:

a memory..."

-- Lin-Manuel Miranda

Front sm

cleverfairy102

Response to first letter

Dear Bess,

No, don't worry about it! I've been busy myself.

BROWNIE?! Ha! I love it! Aww, thanks. Sweet person? Ditto. :)

Yes! The PJO series is the Percy Jackson series! And I must say, I totally agree with you. Stories are powerful things. I think that I've definitely changed ever since I started reading more. And I think that my worldview can be sometimes seen as dark and depressing. Ah, well. I'm in a good place right now. Surrounded by family and friends. It just took me while to realize it. Thanks for helping.

No! I love the soap box! What you say is SO true, like, I don't even know. I don't have smart and sweet reply for that. Just: Yes!

I find my imagination a wonderful place to be. But I've only recently realized that the world outside my imagination is a hard place. There are alot of bad people in this world, but we can't let the bad outshine the good.

Thanks for the advice!

Thank you for all the wonderful and flippin' sweet words!

Semper Fi,

Clev

P.S. Please forgive me. I have a new obsession with the US Marine Corps. Semper Fidelis mean "Always Loyal". It is the Latin motto for the USMC

P.S.S. I'll write the next three letters soon!

• Posted at:

Hello.

did you know... that... 

You're perfect,

smart,

beautiful,

doing the best you can,

Front sm

emeraldmoonlight32

aka EmeraldAssassin109

My dearest, most darlingest Bess,

First of all, I am sosososososososo sorry for my long unexplained absence. It wasn't planned, but I've been having a rough time lately and couldn't find the energy to check the MB, as pitiful of an excuse as that seems. And of course I don't hate you, silly girl.
What shall I say next? Oh! I'm so glad that you got into Hamilton, it's my favorite thing right now. I think you know Jordyn on here? She's the one who dragged me onto the Hamil-train to start with, and now I endlessly pester her with my talking about it on tumblr. I'm sure she's getting so tired of me.
I told you I was having a rough time, and knowing you, you're probably worried about me, so I'll tell you about it. After six long, very hard months, I told my parents about what I've been going through, with the self-harm and self-hate. It was so hard for me to tell them, but I'm glad I did. I'm in what I'll call mental recovery right now, so I'm not all the way to Imladris, my happy place, but I'm no longer in Mordor either. What's a good in-between place there? Hm...
I had karate last night, and my legs and arms are so sore from the kick drills. I take a belt test on August 19, and then I'll be promoted to green belt, which is all very exciting. My brother will be a brown belt, so he's ahead of me, but he's been doing it longer, so I'll accept that.
This letter is so very choppy and out of order, but I've been writing a lot lately. Hamilton fanfiction, actually. I haven't been able to work on my Harry Potter fanfiction in months, because it stressed me out to the point of a breakdown. So that's being set aside for now, and I'm enjoying writing about a new ship I have: Philip Hamilton and Theodosia Burr (the daughter, of course). I brought the idea up to Jordyn one day and now it occupies most of our conversations. I'm probably driving her crazy. Speaking of Jordyn, she told me to ask how you're doing for her. :)
Look at me, rambling. I've missed writing to you, Sunshine, and I'll be back soon, I promise. I expect to hear all about what you've been doing in your next letter!

Siempre (Always),
Your Tári

• Posted at:

Gwendolyn/Táriuial

Front sm

inkforest13

aka ClassifiedEvil4

Dear Bess,

(I would like to note that the appropriate channels have been used, and the essay should be available for your persual.)

Alas, mosquito bites are nigh intolerable, but for a sterner mind than mine. Funny, we're about to get a heat wave in the nineties here too, after having Autumn-esque weather for a good while. I think that the bugs in this area are most insidious in the evenings, or else when camping.

I've made plenty of typos, but you simply didn't want to believe that they'd occurred, lest the fragile foundations of your world buckle and fall.

What are you apologizing so bitterly for? I was simply suggesting that you try different things that all of you can engage in without harming yourself. No reason to feel bad about feeling bad about your condition. Interesting... I'm sorry, Bess. I have a friend who has also gone through horribly painful health conditions, who has also been told by doctors that it's all in his head, or that he's just acting to get the pain meds, etc.

Well, you throw the ones that are inedible and moreover padded. You have to pad the stick end of them too, else the wood part will invariably hit people rather than the soft part. (I once left a mark on someone's forehead from that.) Yeah, it was pretty epic, and San Fran was characterful and had good Chinese food. I live in a valley kinda like that too. Except our Walmart location is kinda plain. :P Polonius?! I suppose he's amusing, but otherwise... he's a fishmonger. ;)

Hmm... that's unfortunate. I shall pray.

Yeah, learning about the human body is pretty amazing.

So, the melee tournament was grand fun. I got to do warpaint on some people, and got to wallop on others. Our archers performed quite well, as I came to appreciate when I was shot in various vital locations.

Novaer, mellon nin.

• Posted at:

You're a cherry blossom

You're about to bloom

You look so pretty

But you're gone so soon

Front sm

joyfuldreamer12

Dear Brownie,
Yay! I'm going to call you brownie from now on then! ;) And anytime, mellonen!
“There are a lot of bad people in this world, but we can't let the bad outshine the good.” So true! “...But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.” (Romans 5:20-21.) I find that passage so comforting when I start freaking out about all the bad stuff happening today. It seems like every day there's something horrible on the news and it breaks my heart. Especially since its often a big deal for like three days and then everyone moves on to the next shocker. There is war in eastern Ukraine and here in the U.S. no one hears about it anymore. And there was a possible ISIS-related stabbing in my city the other day. :3

I love the USMC! I have a friend who recently became a marine and another who is at boot camp right now! I am so proud of them...I saw my friend recently and she is so professional and awesomesauce! I mean, she was awesomesauce before she became a marine but still. Its a worthy obsession you have there, brownie. ;) I'm looking forward to hearing from you again!

Your Friend,
      Bess.

• Posted at:

a memory..."

-- Lin-Manuel Miranda

Front sm

joyfuldreamer12

Dear Tári,

You don't have to apologize, I'm just super relieved that you're okay.  And I completely understand.  Yes, I know Jordyn!  Good for her!  Because Hamilton is epic.  Oh Gwen. I know how hard that must have been. Me too...I only recently opened up to my mom about it. And...relationships with my parents have been rough lately. But I'm so proud of you, and glad, because since they know they can help you and I'm so happy that you have that. Hmm...maybe Fangorn, or Henneth Annûn. Both in-between, beautiful, and relatively safe but a little tense or complicated places. Or perhaps right to the edge of the Misty Mountains. I love you, mellon, and I'm right here with you, okay?

That is exciting! Somehow I can totally imagine you doing karate. I'm sure you kick some serious butt, girl! XD  

When I write fanfiction I always end up getting super involved. Because of all the research...I secretly love research, especially when it includes discovering little-known, old and dusty but amazing books as sources. XD I still haven't finished my Middle Earth fanfiction. The original was scrapped, because in truth it was horrible. My brainchild is a fanfiction about the Peredhil (Elrond) family, with Elladan as the main character. I want to write about Celebrian's kidnapping and subsequent leaving Middle Earth, and how it affects the twins. Tolkien mentioned them having intense hatred for orcs after what happened to their mother. And...I may be evil and create a tragedy with a love interest for Elladan. I always wondered why the twins became so involved in the fight against Mordor. If I add a love interest it will definitely include some explanation towards that decision. Like how the movies portray Tauriel as helping shape Legolas' bettered opinion toward dwarves. Yep. And I'd like to write a fanfiction about Finduilas, and her role/POV in “The Children of Hurin. I wrote a short piece on that which I may someday extend into a full novella of sorts.

Theodosia and Philip!  That's adorable!  Too bad we can't change history.... *totally did not do a bunch of research to see if Phildosia would be possible* haha

Well, I haven't really been doing much.  I started back to the school I part-time at.  I'm only taking one class, which is Spanish, and at the end of the day, so that's nice.  Incidentally, I started a year late, so I'm the only Junior in a class made up of Sophomores.  They're really awesome people though, and quite entertaining.  I begin homeschool on the 29th.  So very soon.  I have a very annoying cough/cold thing, but my Lyme symptoms haven't been flaring up as much.  I'm slightly disappointed because my best friend from dance class was moved up two levels while I'm remaining in the class I was in last year (teacher's decision.)  She totally deserves it though, because she's an amazing dancer.  My older sister and I kind of have a strained relationship right now.  Its been little things building up to big ones.  I think we just need to talk it all out if we can.  My mother is going on a clean freak haha and has posted neon green index cards all over the house detailing various chores XD  On Saturday my youth group is having a yard sale fundraiser.  We have a new youth pastor.  He and his wife are incredibly sweet.  They're currently expecting their first child, a boy!  I think he's due sometime in December, and I am so excited for them.  I'm muddling through a season of eating issues.  I'm okay though.

I have missed talking with you too.  Oh, and you can tell Jordyn I'm doing pretty well, and would love to hear from her!  I love you so so much, friend.  I will continue to keep you in my prayers; you're always close to my heart.  :)  You're so very special, Gwen.

Namarie, mellon! 

Bess

• Posted at:

a memory..."

-- Lin-Manuel Miranda

Front sm

joyfuldreamer12

Dear Lyss,
Obviously, I've suffered a shocking memory lapse and find myself feeling like Jason Bourne as he walks into a Swiss bank with no idea of what he'll find in a high-security account seemingly created in his name. In other words, I've forgotten what the appropriate channels are, and cannot at this point happily peruse said essay. Help! Of course, once I remember the correct protocol, I must then figure out various usernames and passwords. It's all very confusing.

Maybe we live in the same state or something. Ah yes, the insects are particularly vicious in the evenings. The foundations of my world are plenty sturdy, thankee very much, mistress Lyss. Maybe I just didn't see them. Or maybe you're getting more careless as you age? Because I'm pretty sure you spelled perusal wrong XD

Advice accepted. I'm sorry for your friend. Sometimes I think having people not take you seriously is almost worse than the illness itself. And waiting rooms are so heartlessly bleak. I want to get a group of people together to paint a mural in the children's waiting room of the general hospital. Right now they have pathetic decals of sealife artlessly and sporadically placed that are half peeling off the walls.

Look at you, calling it San Fran just like a native! Except I don't know if the natives of San Francisco refer to their city in that way. I love Chinese food! There's a really good all you can eat Chinese buffet right next to my dance studio. But I've only eaten there twice, actually. Which is probably a good thing for my waistline. Yes! I understood that reference! By the way, I've forgotten whether or not you're a Captain America fan? I don't know how anyone could not be. Especially after Captain America: Civil War. The only complaint I had of that movie was how jam-packed it was with superheroes. They could have left Ant-Man out. But his antics were amusing, I suppose.  Incidentally, Peggy Carter's character reminds me a little bit of you.

Have you read the Attolia series? The first book is “The Thief,” and they're by Megan Whalen Turner. Very funny, intricate, and political. I think you'd like them. :)

Did anyone die from non-fatal injuries? XD

Hmm...I just read The Hunger Games series again. In two days. ;) And I was looking through my very first threads, and I found your story “The Hunger Games that Wasn't: How the Tributes Got Their Last Revenge.” And I got to appreciate all over again how brilliant it is. Of course, the writing has some room for improvement, but the idea is genius. :)

This may be my last letter for awhile, I really don't know. I'll try to keep coming back, but of course school is starting (has started, for all concerned) and I need to really focus on that. I'm assuming you're still in college? I have a feeling you told me otherwise and I promptly forgot it like the idiot I am. XD

Novaer, Lyss-lass!
       Your friend,
             Bess

• Posted at:

a memory..."

-- Lin-Manuel Miranda

Front sm

inkforest13

aka ClassifiedEvil4

Dear Bess,

That's probably because I never told you what the appropriate channels were (and scant knew them myself), and instead let my spies do the dirty work of figuring it out. :P So, it's now somewhere in a mailbox in Middle Earth belonging to someone named Ella of the Telleri.

I don't remember what state you live in, if ever I knew it, but I live in Oregon. Oh, good. Nonsense; I simply meant that you would need to pursue it, as has become evident with all the confusion regarding where it is.

Aye, that would be worse, I think. That would be a great project to do. It could be a cool theme, too, like entirely medieval castle, under the sea, jungle, or something else.

No, they refer to it as "The City." I do as well, though more "authentic" Chinese and Dutch and Curacao Chinese food I like better than "American" Chinese food. Ah, buffets are lovely. The only "superhero" movie I've seen is Captain America (not Winter Soldier, but the one that told the beginning and was set in the past). So... I wouldn't say I'm a fan, and I don't know who Peggy Carter is.

I have not, but I shall keep an eye open for them.

It appeared that everyone did. :P Hmm, I forgot that I'd mentioned that little gaffe.

I should re-read that someday... I'm sure I would find much at fault, indeed. But yeah, I was pretty proud of that simple idea.

No problem, whatever you need. I've graduated and may be starting to work, we'll see.

Blessings, and may the road rise up to meet you.

Lyss

• Posted at:

You're a cherry blossom

You're about to bloom

You look so pretty

But you're gone so soon

Front sm

joyfuldreamer12

Dear Lyss,

I'm sorry its been so long. But I did warn you didn't I? And of course, the proper channels have now been comprehended and used, as we both know. I appreciate the hint. Oh, and you spell it “Teleri.”

I live in Virginia. I was born in Michigan though, and part of my soul will always be there. I have never been to Oregon, but I have some friends that live there. Now I realize that one of them is you! ;) As always, thou art wily and wise, mellon Authiel.

Yes. It's one of my dreams. :)

I've had both authentic Chinese and American Chinese food and can't decide which I like better. Happily, a tiny buffet near where I live combines both! It's the best thing ever, but the restaurant is in a really disreputable part of town haha. What is Dutch food like? Although my ancestry is mostly Dutch/English, I don't think I've ever really experienced it. Which is terribly sad.

Hmm...I think I like Captain America: The Winter Soldier better because there's so much more character development and Captain America: The First Avenger just goes so fast that its hard to take everything in. The story just feels crammed into a short space, even though the movie is good. It needs more fleshing out and explanation. Peggy Carter was actually a main character in that one. She's Captain America's love interest and a great character in her own right. She actually had her own show for two seasons, of which I only saw the first. But she's fun and beautiful and confident and kicks butt. (Hayley Atwell was born to play her. XD)

Have you started working? Right now I'm subsisting on babysitting and housecleaning (just one little cottage that is used as a bed and breakfast, its a super fun job. Except when guests leave it a wreck and eat in bed and leave peanut shells all over the floor and sleep on the pillow shams.)

I shall bid you farewell now, because I need to finish a paper and I want to go crawl in my bed and drink tea and listen to “Heaven's Gate” by Dawn Landes. Love you so much friend!

Wishing you laughs and delicious baked goods and all the best of this beautiful Yávië season.

Bess

• Posted at:

a memory..."

-- Lin-Manuel Miranda

1 , , 3