Front sm

redbeetle170

aka TargetSpotter2

Branch: Lucian

I won't tell you how i figured this out but if you really want to know than say so in your replies along with your comments. As we all know, each 39 Clues book has atleast one secret code on the coveer or in the actual book. These codes reveal a variety of things from hints for the future books to revalations about past situations. Anyway, i figured out the codes on the front cover, the inner front cover, and one message written inside the book. The one on the cover reads "Guardians," the one on the inner front cover reads "Damien is Alive," and the one inside the book reads "The Mother was Murdered." I'll leave you to come up with you own theories about what these statements mean because they sure don't mean anything to me right now. If I figure anything out about them I'll be sure to let you know. But, I will say this. That one that says Damien is Alive seems a bit.....suspicious to me. I immediately think they're talking about Damien Vesper but that's impossible. He was the original Vesper and lived in the early 16th century. Maybe they mean it metaphorically like his memory is alive through the organization. I don't know but it doesn't look good.

-Droid

P.S. Sorry about writing so much. I just got a lot of stuff going on in my head. It's nice to share some thoughts.Later.
  • Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

redbeetle170 aka TargetSpotter2

"The Absence of Evidence is Not the Evidence of Absence."- Carl Sagan

Front sm

bluewitch49

aka AmethystSea11

Branch: Ekaterina

I think "Guardians" either refers to the responsibility of Amy and Dan to guard the ring from the Vepsers, or the responisibility of the Madrigals in general to do the same.

As for "Damien is Alive," I don't see how Damien Vesper could be alive in the 21st century, either. However, at the end of the second part of Vespers Rising, *spoilers hidden; highlight to see* it is implied the Damien died. It's possible that he actually survived the accident. It would explain several things. The code is one, but, personally, I was surprised to discover in Vespers Rising that Damien never had children. If he survived, he may have gone on to have children, which would explain how Isabel's maiden name could be Vesper-Hollingsworth, and why it stated in Into the Gauntlet that the Madrigals "had been a thorn in Isabel's family's side for centuries." (I may have misquoted, since I don't have the book with me.) Or maybe he discovered the secret to eternal (or at least prolonged) life and actually is alive in the 21st century, after all. Your theory, that the phrase in mean metaphorically, is definitely a possibility.

I have several theories regarding "The Mother was Murdered." It could refer to Olivia Cahill, since she was murdered by Damien (or, at least, his men) in Vespers Rising. It could also refer to, although less probably, Hope Cahill. Hope was murdered by Isabel Kabra, a suspected Vesper. I think this theory is unlikely, though. It could also refer to, even less probably, Grace's mother. She was implied to have died in childbirth, but maybe the Vespers had something to do with her death, and made it look like it was natural. Another possibility is, if my second theory about the meaning of "Damien is Alive" is correct, and Damien did survive and have children, he could have murdered his children's mother. He seems like the kind of guy to do that, don't you think?

Sorry about hiding so much. I have no clue how many books people reading this post will have read.

• Posted at:

bluewitch49 aka AmethystSea11

"Never regret trusting someone. It proves you have a heart. But if he turns out to be a lying worm...I'm not going to waste my time crying. Because I am way too fabulous for that." - Nellie Gomez

CLASSIFIED

Very suspicious, indeed. Some questions arise due to these discoveries. Who are the Guardians, and what are they guarding? Are we the Guardians, guarding Gideon's ring and the serum? Are the Vesper the guardians of unknown secrets? Or, are the Guardians something even bigger, even older, and more mysterious than we ever could have imagined?
As for Damien is Alive, this is terrifying information. Could Damien Vesper have been kept alive all these years? In Vespers Rising, Damien is described as appearing very youthful, despite being 57 in 1507. His description plus his desire to be painted by da Vinci also lead me to believe that he is the subject of da Vinci's "John the Baptist." Note that the subject is pointing up, towards the sky, which seems to be constantly connected to the Vespers, with the symbols on the ring and the stars on 39 Clues backgrounds.
The Mother was Murdered. We know that Olivia, mother of the Cahill family was killed, and so was Hope Cahill, mother of Amy and Dan. But could this be a different mother?
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

I think I understand the secret messages. For the message "Guardians", I think that it might be talking about amy since she is guarding the ring.
As for "Damien is alive", in Vespers Rising, a quote from the book says "Damien was older than Gideon by at least five years, but he had no hint of gray hair, nor a wrinkle. The commoners swore that Lord Vesper made a deal with the devil to stay young...The lord's curly black mane, handsome face, and dark, hungry eyes had not changed in a decade." I'm pretty sure he can't still be alive though (i hope not).
And lastly, for "The mother was murdered" i think that it is talking about Olivia Cahill because in Vespers Rising, Olivia was murdered by Damien Vesper's forces.
Well, those are my theories but i the one for "damien is alive" is wrong

• Posted at:

Front sm

wisedragon151

aka WiseDragon151

Branch: Janus

Interesting, this information will be used in the council. In our next meeting we will discuss this.
  • Posted at:

wisedragon151 aka WiseDragon151

Commander of Cahill Command Center - Branch RB

Founder of International Madrigal Council

Madrigal-Janus

Un-Official Guardian

"Trust No One"

CLASSIFIED

Guardians. If you notice, this is also the answer to code on the card featuring Atticus and Jake Rosenbloom. Maybe they're a different family altogether... Or perhaps a secret society of some sort, dating back to a time even before Gideon Cahill lived.
Damien is Alive. Well... I have no theories on this one... yet.
The Mother was Murdered. I think they're referring to Atticus' Mother on this one. She died, right? And her last words were Cahill. So maybe she was murdered, perhaps by a Vesper? Or by a Cahill?  
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

The mother is Murdered definitely is related to Olivia Cahill. We are definitely delving into the past. Guardians probably refers to Amy and Dan protecting the ring, which doubtless contains a secret. Damien is Alive may refer to some Vesper who has the same name as his ancestor who has beeen thought to be dead by his kin.
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

COOL!
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

do you know the card code for the medusa plot?
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

"Guardians" could also possibly mean "Guard Ian..." Although is it Guardians or Guardian? If it's  Guardian, then it could mean guard Ian from the Vespers, because he's a half-Vesper who's a Cahill and works for Cahills instead of Vespers.

• Posted at:

Front sm

bearanalyzing151

aka BearAnalyzing121

There is also something inside the back cover, if you can find it! I haven't tried it out yet, but it looks cool. . .
- Jenna
  • Posted at:

Don't take life for granted: every single moment is special.

2 yr-old MBer!

I am a:

Christian

Potterhead

daughter of Athena

Writer

My name? Jenna Heap, Castle Queen

CLASSIFIED

WHY DOES EVERYONE THINK THAT 'THE MOTHER WAS MURDERED' HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH OLIVIA OR HOPE IT IS OBIOUSLY ASTRID ROSENBLOOM! SHE HAD A MYSTERIOUS DEATH? IS THAT A JOKE? OBVIOUSLY IT HAD TO BE THE VESPERS WHO DID THAT! HOPE CAHILL IS GONE... FINISHED...WHATEVER DITTO WITH OLIVIA EXCEPT EVEN MORE!!! :D
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

i THINK DAMIEN IS VESPER ONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!               hE HAS A BURN FROM THE NIGHT GIDEON DIED !!!!!!!
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

I just noticed(remembered) that there is a code inside the Emperor`s code. All the circled words. I checked it and it says: Madrigals are behind everything. They lay out the path the others walk. The end is coming.

The periods are literally circled! All this! 
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

How`d you figure it out?!? I thought I was the only person who knew it!
  • Posted at:

Front sm

midsummerloki7

aka CobraAlmond25

I found that stuff to but have no idea
  • Posted at:

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNN- Best suspensful music ever

CLASSIFIED

obviosly one of his desendents is named damien
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

dear AGENT BLACKART88 I ACPPET TO BE UR PARTNER BY AGENT COBRABLACK                                UNTIL WHAT BOOK HAVE U READ?     PLEASE POST TO ME SOON
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

DOMONATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey blackart88, Ekat+Janus= Cunning Work, lets work together, your ekat, Faction Eagle
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

Damien vesper is dead!

And vesper one is unknown

Luke started the Cahill Fire

P.S.

VESPER ONE IS NOT DAMIEN VESPER 
  • Posted at:

Front sm

fightingbreaking246

aka FightingBreaking207

I WANT YOUR CODE NUMBER
  • Posted at:

Front sm

fightingbreaking246

aka FightingBreaking207

YOURCODE
  • Posted at:

CLASSIFIED

i think the guardians are the cahills all together maybe, to protect their family.
  • Posted at:

Front sm

decodingastronomy28

aka CourierBasketball1

Branch: Janus

thanks man
  • Posted at:

decodingastronomy28 aka CourierBasketball1

THE YOUNGBLOOD CHRONICLES

Front sm

kittenice124

Luke. Did. Not. Start. The. FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Posted at:

Front sm

kittenice124

Well the mom may be graces mom but who was her mom

• Posted at: