Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Branch: Lucian

Hey Aurora,

I was stressing. I'm using the library computers and I couldn't sign in using a browser I'd used on a different computer this morning. I thought they banned me without telling me! So I tried to sign on on a different browser and it worked! HALLELUJAH! Whew! The way my day is going, I wouldn't have been surprised if I were banned even though the little I typed this morning wouldn't even come close to warranting a ban. It's just how worried I am about the banning without reason.

Anyhow, I'm glad that you have pretty much a month to deal with all of the paperwork. Hey, we all have to be honest with others some times. Just do your best to be diplomatic and present it knowing that you have no choice and you have no control over their responses and it's not up to you to make things better if they don't respond well. Easy to say, but practice thinking about it before you have to present it.

I hope you are able to get out and bike or something that will help to relieve your stress. I have PT on my foot tomorrow and I see Marylyn tomorrow and then I go to the meeting regarding the children's ministry and more importantly, VBS, which is 6 weeks away, not five like I'd thought. Still, that is like NO TIME to plan and implement a VBS for the size of our church and the extra kids we are hoping to get.

Anyway, I guess I'll be back on tomorrow sometime. Maybe in between all of that or something. If not, Wednesday, then. Stay positive and focused on God =)

George

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

wonderwhip,            ●~

and an amazecherry on top!

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Branch: Ekaterina

Oh my gosh!  The same thing happened to me this morning!  I kept logging in over and over again and it just wouldn't let me on.  And I too was like "Geesh.  Did they ban me?  What did they ban me for!?!? Would I even KNOW if they banned me?  Would I get like a pop-up or something??  Why am I banned?!?"  Then I switched browsers and it was fine.  It's kind of funny how that happened to both of us!

This is probably the least productive day I've had in a while.  Just not doing much of anything and trying to pass time.  I had a little "rescue mission" this morning: this family I know had to leave the state unexpectedly and I went over to pick up their guinea pig so that it would, you know, like live and stuff.  Spy-like, right?  XD

I hope that PT goes well tomorrow.  Has your foot been feeling okay?  

I gotta go.  I figure that I'll make supper soon.  I mean, it's only not even 3, but sooner is better than later I guess.

~Aurora

• Posted at:

"I'm not asking for a million years or never or forever.  I'm asking for one day only.  Today." ~Irina

"Be happy with what you have while working for what you want" ~Helen Keller

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

That is crazy how that happened to both of us. It's very scary, huh?

Well, I'm glad you spied so that you could help the guinea pig likie, live and stuff. How awful to do that!

I don't think I'm going to have a day to crash until maybe Saturday. Believe me, I AM going to crash on Saturday! I think I'll even tell my mom to please let me have just this day to myself without chores or anything because I've just been so busy and will continue to be busy. The director at the library said I can use the computer upstairs as much as I want. My mom was talking to her when I got on here this afternoon. How nice is that? Hopefully my laptop will get fixed and the cyber school gave me an extension on the couple of things I'd been working on for school that were saved on Word. I'm so glad, because I'd hate to get a bad grade because of something beyond my control.

Hope your dinner is yummy! Later. I'm going to be getting off soon and volunteer.

George =)

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

My mom and I had a million things go wrong today, ending with me "breaking" the several thousand dollar disc cleaning machine that the library trusts me with. But Jude Watson answered my questions!!

I'll write back tomorrow and tell you if I did a face plant on my cat or anything. =)

SINCE the day isn't quite over yet!

George

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

I just learned that Hazel has been banned for six months. The reason the mods gave her literally doesnt make any sense. They may as well have said, Loud 3 times -which is close to what they said, which is untranslatable. She was barely even posting. SCARY!

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

captaineagle39

aka CaptainEagle39

I don't want to intrude on your thread, just wanted to say hey George! Long time no see,

• Posted at:

“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

― Dr. Seuss

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Hey Aurora,

I'm at the library and Lisa hasn't fired me from volunteering. The note I let for her started out, "You are going to have a great day!" I tried to be funny as I told her what happened. IT WORKED!! Good she has a nice sense of humor! She said she's going to let the director check it out since she would know if it's still under warranty or if they have the maintenance guy take the hose off and put it back on or what.

Yesterday my mom and I were on our way to my 10:30 appt, but we were going to be a bit late, so I called to tell them. They asked how late, I said maybe 10 minutes. They said, "You do know that your appt is at 11:30?" Double face palm for my mom and me!! So we came to the library and got on the computers for a bit, but we weren't watching the time, so we WERE running late this time. Plus, my mom forgot where we were going and went somewhere else. Duh #1. So then we went to the grocery store for healthy food, but my mom forgot where were going and went somewhere else. Duh #2. So, then we were to go across the parking lot to the pharmacy to pick up meds, but my mom forgot where we were going and went somewhere else. Duh #3. So, we got the a couple things and went to get the meds and my mom couldn't find the debit card she'd just used at the grocery store. So, I helped her look everywhere and we couldn't find it and the store said nobody turned it in. {Don't mention the ban, cuz this morning she asked me not to.} So, we went to the bank and canceled the card and it will take TWO weeks to get a replacement by mail! So, we returned to the pharmacy and paid for everything with cash and our change was $6.66 - how EVIL is that? {She wants people to think she just left.} We had done pretty well with accepting everything else except for 5 minutes my mom was upset that she'd have to wait two weeks for the card. But this, I rebuked satan and told him he wasn't going to mess with us! Then the machine broke! Some day, huh?

Now I go to see Marylyn (the correct spelling of her name), but someone called my mom and they want her to go pick up something before we go there, so my time on the computer is short.

Write to me when you are able. If you can't for a while or they are short, it's all good!!!

George =)

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

I'll change my sig the next time I'm on if I have time. Prob tomorrow cuz I have another appt after Marylyn and then the Children's Ministry meeting tonight which took two hours last time. Prob sometime tomorrow, but not sure! =)

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

I seriously might cry.  I just spent the last...hour?  typing up this huge response and then my webpage just CLOSED.  I might've hit some button, but it had to have been on the lower half of the keyboard and I don't think any of those buttons can do that.  It's just so frustrating! 

I'll summarize it below.  It's not going to be pretty or eloquent or detailed but here it is:

You're day sounded awful!  The time wait for credit cards is stupid. *story*

My head hurts.  Probably sinuses.  I'm afraid to take allergy meds.  *story*

I'll probably go outside and try to learn.  Do you take Algebra?  It stinks.

Waiting on phone call; never happened.

Speech last night went well.  *story*

That's good enough for now.  I'm sorry, I'm just not feeling well and I feel like I'm living through a haze.  If I'm feel better later I'll retype it fully.

~Aurora

• Posted at:

"I'm not asking for a million years or never or forever.  I'm asking for one day only.  Today." ~Irina

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Hey, I TOTALLY get it! I cannot turn off the pad on my laptop altogether. For some reason the buttons have to stay active even if I turn everything else off. I'm pretty sure that if I hit the pad wrong, that's what deletes large quantities, if not all, of the stuff I type. It is very frustrating!

The day sounded awful, and it kind of was, but we handled it well and found the humor in it all. I told Marylyn about it and she said she enjoyed seeing me laugh and turning to God more readily. She hasn't seen that in probably forever! So, I guess it was good. We dealt with some hard stuff afterwards, but at least that was fun and good.

So, of course, I'm at the library again. Lisa is gone and the Director is here and she didn't say anything to me. So I called out to her and asked her about the broken maching. She was like, "What? Nobody told me anything about anything being broken!" I was like, "Seriously?" cuz that meant that I had to tell her! So, I did and she was all cool with it. I told her I thought the tube just needed to be unclogged but Lisa wasn't sure if the maintenance man could fix it or if they had to call the machine people. So, She was cool with it! Yay!

I'm sorry your sinuses are so bad that your head hurts. Why don't you want to take allergy meds? I would literally be MISERABLE without the meds. Crystal is miserable and she can't take anything since she's pregnant. I feel badly for her, too.

I take Algebra and I'm bad at it. I'm kind of behind in math because Algebra and Geometry, especially, are difficult for me. I have discalculia, but I think I told you that cuz you said your mom had it or something??? I don't want to have to take any math after those two!

I'm really glad that your speech went well last night. That is AWESOME! Were you able to be as honest as you wanted to be, but were afraid to be?

Gotta go. I have a couple of emails to send. Probably back at you tomorrow. Try not to stress about losing your post, as hard as that. My new motto this week has been, "It is what it is." Cuz I can't change it. Yeah, I still get mad sometimes, but not as often as I used to and not as long as I used to. I'm hopeing that becomes a new way of life for me cuz I need it.

George

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Not sure if my post is going to go through or not.  I'll edit and send it back in if it doesn't work.

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

By the way...there's 20 stars on my first post to this thread.  Like, I've never gotten that many stars on a NORMAL thread!

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Hey George,

I was so out of it earlier.  I made so many spelling/grammar errors in that post!!!  I'm going to re-write the post substantial parts from my lost post.

Yeah, the credit cards are so weird/stupid.  There was a credit card hacker thing that happened a while ago and so my mom called the bank.  They were like "click! Okay we've canceled your card! Your new card will be in in about 2-3 weeks."  And my Mom was like, "wait what?!? Why didn't you let me go to the ATM first?"  Life is fun.  XD

I seriously hope that spring gets up and leaves.  Pronto.  I blaming most of my problems lately on the pollen because it sounds legit.  It's crazy obnoxious, though.  Like, I already have sinusitis (12 weeks and counting) and my allergies are just making everything a million times worse.  

So yeah, my fear of allergy meds....okay.  So about a year ago now I got really addicted to Sudafed.  The PE kind, though, not the normal stuff (which probably would've been way worse all things considered).  It was awesome, though.  Like, I kind of remember the feeling.  It was like...like I was normal and could do anything.  And I had so much energy!  But all good things must come to an end and eventually it stopped working.  But it was like I still had to take it or I just felt super worse.  Anyways, headaches came back and I went to a doctor while I was on vacation (I went back to my hometown; I used to go to this doctor when I was younger).  She put me on supplements and I gradually got off the Sudafed altogether.  Honestly, it wasn't even a big deal.  I hardly even noticed that I was "addicted" until like now.  But for some reason it really freaks me out all of a sudden.  I don't know.  I'm weird like that.  Either way, I went upstairs after I wrote that post and took 3 aspirins and a 24 hour allergy pill.  That in combination with going swimming in cool water and I'm feeling SO much better.

I'm bad at Algebra, too.  Or more like I just don't like it.  I use Khan Academy, but lately the computer's been messing with my eyes.  (Like literally sometimes the black text looks aqua-ish to me.  Creepy)  So my Mom found our Algebra for Dummies book and that's what I worked on today.  Way better!  I've actually had that book for like...7 years?  I worked on it since I was in something like 2nd grade.  But just the basics: absolute value, etc.  I've probably taken 5 years of pre-algebra!  Geesh!  What are you working on right now in Alegbra?  My absolute least favorite thing ever is graphs.  More like the functions that you put on graphs.  I just don't get it!  

Yes, you've told me about your dyscalculia and my Mom has it, too.  You don't like Geometry either?  I actually really like Geometry.  Most of the time.  XD  My favorite part is working with triangles, but I think that was part of the intro. to Trig section.  The one thing about Geometry that drove me crazy was how many times they tried to stick stuff inside of circles!  Like...why???

By the way, my (extremely minor) dyslexia hasn't bothered me in a long time.  I'm so, so glad!  When I read on my kindle I like to scroll one paragraph up at a time so that I don't try to skip to the next part.  That helps for two major reasons 1) I'm usually really excited to find out what happens next! and 2) sometimes I "steal" words from sentences and couple lines down and then add them into what I'm reading now.      

I'm glad that you are getting better at acceptance of things you can't change.  I'm working on it and it's going...well?  Maybe.  Not really.  I know that people who accept life as it is are way more happy, less stressed, and generally just "at peace".  So, you go girl!

It's so awesome that no one at the library is angry at you!  That would probably be worse than the act of actually breaking the machine!  Hopefully they can get it fixed and all is well again.

I keep wanting to add details about my speech that I know I can't say over the internet.  Basically there are catagories.  In each category people give persuasive speeches (on what they want the voters to vote for) and then everyone votes.  Anyways, my speech went so well!  I was one of the only people with an actual rehearsed speech and--I know this sounds way super pretentious--I also had the best speech there.  Yup, that sure was pretentious.  XD And the vote was in my favor!  In the past we had been timed, so I practiced to get my speech under a minute.  I was a little bit afraid that I'd get out of breath (because talking should really be considered exercise) and that time for breathing would put me over a minute, but they didn't even time us!  Plus I didn't run out of breath.  I mean, the "thank you!" at the end was a little choked, but besides that nothing.  I did say the more...confident and...blunt points in my speech.  I was talking to someone after the meeting and she said that some people actually gasped.  Like "the audacity".  I just had to laugh so hard!  XD

This was nice.  I haven't written like this in so long!  Is your computer definitely toast?  I mean, I'm no expert (at. all.) but most of the time some of the time you can fix dead computers.  You as in someone-who-knows-what-they're-doing.  That is, unless YOU are someone and you know-what-you're-doing.  Then all the power to you.  

Talk later!

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Hey Aurora,

I'm not sure when I'll actually have much time to post. Maybe Saturday since I FINALLY have nothing going on that day.

I just read that the pollen counts are extremely high - a lot higher than normal. There is this NATURAL over-the-counter thing that I just read about from the Christian pharmacy in town. One of the guys at our church works there. I'll bring that with me the next time I post so I can tell you about it. I can totally understand why you wouldn't want to take normal medicine.

I'm really glad that your dyslexia isn't bothering you.

I had already told Lisa what I thought was wrong with the disc cleaning machine. That the tube where the water pours out from the cleaning was clogged where it connected with the machine. So, we went upstairs and she realized that she could easily take off the clamp where the hose connected. She took it off and there was all kinds of gunk in there. I cleaned up the machine, then went into the bathroom with her. The tube had a lot more gunk inside of it, some about the circumference of the tube. I'm pretty sure it was from the college kids who were doing the job before I was because there was two things they were doing wrong in the placement of the hose that I fixed after I read the manual the whole way through. So, yeah! I'm going to get off of here and go clean discs before I get too behind.

I also decided that I'm going to write a letter to a shut-in every day. That way it's not such a huge and overwhelming task like before. Gail said that is a really good idea. I'm going to do that and some journaling when I'm upstairs cleaning discs.

IDK if you saw or not, but Hazel's ban was not put into place by any of the mods. She shouldn't have been banned, so Admin Jen T. is trying to work things out so that Hazel can come back. Chu had posted about it, not knowing that Hazel didn't want people to know. It's good that she did, because otherwise Hazel wouldn't be able to come back for six months or more. Cuz Alissa was banned for a month, but she can't get in. She's been posting from another computer asking for help. Montego is still banned and is doing the same to try to get unbanned because he doesn't know why he was banned. I really hope that it all works out for all of them. They are thinking either a glitch or a hacker.

I hope you are feeling better.

George

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Hey George,

That allergy medicine sounds cool; are you taking it?  I can't remember if I said this already, but I found 1 of those tiny 24-hour allergy meds and I took that the other day.  It worked wonders!  

So does the disc cleaner work now?  That's awesome!

Yeah, I saw the post about Hazel, but you had told me that she didn't want it out there, so I figured if I didn't post it would do less 'damage' or whatever.  Because it wouldn't make it up to the front page if no one posted on it.  It's weird how the mods are banning these people.

I was just wondering about your letters to the shut-ins!  I was seriously going to ask you about them today!  That sounds like a great plan.

I started brailling The 39 Clues!  I know that Maze of Bones is transcribed already, so I figured I'd start on book 2 (I forget the title).  But that one's not on my bookshelf; probably like the only 39 clues book I don't own.  So I just started on The Sword Thief.  I brailled for around 40 minutes and got done....4 pages.  XD  That's actually not that bad of a pace for braille.  The book is 156 pages and at this pace it will take me 26 hours to finish.  Geesh!  Plus there is a bunch of like italics and weird stuff and some displayed material (which is like when they show a letter or document that looks different from the regular text) which will take me extra time.  So around 30 hours.  Plus proofing time.  Where's my Starbucks!?!  XD  I set a goal to have it done by August.  We'll see.

Talk later.  All that brailling made my hands tired, so I can't type much more than this!

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Hey Aurora,

Yeah, I knew you wouldn't post about Hazel. The Mods are not doing it on purpose, based on what Admin Jen T. said. Hazel isn't even supposed to be banned at all. Emilie got an extra day. I feel badly for them and Montego and Alissa. Kristie has only posted three times in four days, using both accounts. Don't know if she is taking time off or got a real ban or a mystery ban.

Oh, the 20 stars. Isn't that crazy? The chat I had with Hazel, Dario, Rachel, Miya, and Ali had like 60 stars on it! People want to see what we write so badly that they are willing to star it so as not to miss a thing? As opposed to not starring and reading without us knowing? It's too bad that chats aren't private, but when people let you know that they are reading what you write, that's a bit freaky. Stalkerish!

I am not taking the allergy medicine. I take two kinds of allergy meds plus a nasal spray because I have year round allergies. I'm surprised that it's not gotten worse, though, with all of this extra pollen happening.

That is sooo cool that you started to braille a 39C book. I knew you had said you were going to do that. So, would your braille version be the only one in the state or just your county or in the whole US or what? I think that is so cool that you do that!

I helped Brianna with the kids again. I got there at 4:55 and I couldn't find her anywhere. I waited in the lobby, in her office, asked Nina on the Info Desk if she'd seen her and she hadn't. It was almost 5:30! She had gone upstairs the back way and then went into the sanctuary from the other end of the building.

Brianna still barely talks to any of the parents, and that is only to have the parents sign them in. When we had the Children's Ministry meeting on Tuesday, the Hungry Hearts kids were not on the agenda. The VBS registration paper doesn't have one side in English and one in Spanish, which I had noticed right away. An adult brought it up at the meeting, though, and I asked her if she was asking the parents if they wanted to sign up their kids and she said no. DUH! That is part of the outreach! We're still going to have lots of other Hispanic children from the surrounding neighborhood if they can fill in the registration paper.

Also, Brianna can't say "no". She let Josh's dad sign up the younger (middle) brother, Jed, who isn't even three years old, and the age range is supposed to be 4 years old to fifth grade. First, When Jeffrey called the kids out, Josh was one of the first ones to leave the pew and come to us. He ran right up to me and jumped into my arms! That was just so sweet! Then, he started to run around as usual. Then Jed wanted me to carry him. He is a HUSKY boy! So, I held him until it was time to walk. I didn't know if Brianna was going to take them upstairs to do anything or straight to the playground or what. I guess I'm going to have to ask her every time or something. We also had some new kids.

Well the kids just take off when it's actually time for us to leave the sanctuary. The younger ones tend to run all the way down the hall to the dining room doors, but they are too heavy for them to open. They are just too fast for me and too many of them. Brianna said she already knows that the kids are going to do this, so I guess it's not that big of a deal. BUT, as I was trying to round up the kids by the dining room door and wondering where we were going to go, Christian, one of the new four olds, ran straight out the door to the playground and ran straight toward the street and I hadn't even seen him at all. Thankfully Brianna saw him and screamed for me. I watched all of the kids while she ran after him. Thankfully, she is a runner - she does marathons and stuff. I wouldn't have been able to catch him. He wouldn't stop even though she kept yelling for him to stop, and she grabbed him just before he ran into the street. WOW was that a close call!

Then we went upstairs to the classroom. We had 12 kids, which isn't a lot, but when we have kids like Josh and Christian, and Jed who is too young, and Kimberly who always cries the first 15 minutes, and the kids want to play with the balloons that are around the room (she couldn't have removed them for tonight?), it is sooo hard to keep corralling the littlest kids while Brianna does a song and she did a message.

I know, I shouldn't be complaining because she did what I've been wanting her to do. But she stood up there with two bananas. One yellow and another a dark color. She asked the kids if they would eat the yellow one and they all raised their hands. She asked about the other one and a 3 year old, Antonio raised his hand that he would eat it. Brianna was like, "Really? It's old and yucky." Well, he PROBABLY thought it was a plantain, but Brianna probably doesn't even know what that is, so I let it go, of course. Then she stood up there holding the bananas and talking about how some people are good, like the yellow banana, and some people are bad like the old banana. The little and new kids were running around, the older kids could care less what she is saying because 1. They are distracted by the little kids, and 2. How boring to just stand up there and hold two bananas and tell them that Jesus can help them be like the good banana. She should do a lesson like I saw her do for Sunday School - totally at the kid's age level even though they are 4 years old to fifth grade. And all of those kids were rowdy even though their teachers were sitting with them. If we didn't take the littlest kids, it would have been a bit easier, but she should do a better lesson. PLUS, the Bible says we can look good on the outside, but it's what is inside that counts, like the Pharisees. She should have had two cups. One clean outside and dirty inside. One the opposite. Explain that we might not have the nicest clothes, but if we follow Jesus, we'll be clean inside like the cup. If the cup is clean on the outside, a person can still be bad on the inside because they aren't doing what Jesus wants them to do. So, the lesson was bogus. Judgmental, aren't I? She is taking a step, so I'm glad about that, but I wish she would have done it a bit differently.

So, then we took the kids outside, but through the daycare room so they would go straight into the fenced in playground. That was fun and Kimberly stopped crying after a bit. I was talking to her to ask if she went to school, because if she did, I am wondering about the anxiety. She has her cousin with her, who is younger than she is. She has a friend named Joceline who is about 9 who she knows. She goes to Head Start and started smiling when I asked her questions about it. Her favorite thing? The food. That is why the families come to us on Thursday night, and it's up to us to also teach them about Jesus, too.

So after we brought the kids inside, we had to have them wait for their parents to be dismissed to the dinner cuz they have to sign their kids out. Josh did NOT want to sit still. I literally had to hold him into the chair. I saw his dad pointing to him and laughing with whoever he was sitting beside. So after he signed Josh and Jed out, and they were last, I followed the dad (also Josh) and told him that his kids are just energetic and it's typical for that age (though Josh was worse than his little brother!) and that I've seen him take care of his boys during a service and he does really well with keeping them quiet and seated. He was surprised that I'd noticed and said a positive thing, I think. I told him, "Well at least you have some time before baby Jacob starts running around, right?" He was like, "No, he's starting to walk already." I would really like to know where his wife/girlfriend is. Some of the other adults seem to take turns helping him with Josh and Jed, but I've never actually seen the family with any female who sits with them or anything. It's just very curious. Brianna followed Josh and me down the hall as we were talking. It's a bit difficult, me being younger and getting over this social anxiety, so I wonder what she was thinking since she doesn't talk to the parents.

I told Brianna we were going to have to come up with another method of bringing the kids out of the sanctuary so that we don't have any runaways again. That was a SERIOUS breach! In the children's ministry meeting we had talked about using a jump rope for the littler kids if there is a fire (or drill) or shooter or something because they will be panicked and want to run and hide. So, she suggested we try that. I thought it was a good idea and said maybe we can have older kids in the front and back and be like helpers. Some of the older kids already do try to help. Then we went our separate ways, and I was walking past the Info Desk and had a thought, so I went and found Brianna. I asked if everyone who helps at the desk leaves when the service starts except for Nina. Because if there were one person who stayed just a few minutes longer, they could just stand at the outside door to make sure the kids don't run out the door. She thought that was a good idea and said she'd ask. She was talking to Pastor Cathy and Nina about it as I was leaving. It was a LONG short period of time!!!  =) I love those kids, though!

Brianna asked me if I'd help miss Jen again on Sunday for SS because her aide won't be in church again. So, I'll be helping with the 4-5 year olds like I did on Easter. My mom had already called the guy from church about fixing my computer. She left a message about how we could get it to him on Sunday. He called and left a message about us looking for each other before SS, but now that I'm going to help, I have to make sure I'm not late going upstairs. So, we have to call him back. I really hope he can fix my computer! Although, I think I might get a separate keyboard for it so that I don't have the problem with the pad on my laptop messing me up and causing a whole post like this to be deleted sometimes. Or an email. Being here at the library made me realize how much easier it is to type on a regular keyboard.

Well, that was MUCH longer than I'd intended. I hope I didn't bore you. =)

Catch up with you later, George

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

You should google blind mother wants to see her ultrasound. It is from Brazil. It is close  captioned in English. You will like it.

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Hey Aurora,

You must be really busy. I know I have been! I went to another conference yesterday. It counts toward school and if I write a report on it and what I learned from it, I get extra credit. Cool, huh?

I have allergy information for you: Are you allergic to ragweed, which is one of the most common pollen allergies? If you are, you shouldn't eat these foods - bananas, cucumbers, melons, zucchini, sunflower seeds, and chamomile tea. It can trigger symptoms to be worse in 1/3 of the people who are allergic to ragweed. The Mods aren't going to let me tell you anything about this natural allergy treatment. No surprise there. Sorry. 

I'm going to help in SS again Sunday. With the same class that I helped on Easter. The 4 and 5 year olds. I can tell you about the conference I went to on Friday another time.

I hope you are okay. George

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Hey George,

I'm sorry that I haven't written back yet!  I just...yeah.  Procrastination!  

I actually haven't been on the computer too much these past couple days.  I was barely even on at all yesterday!  My sister and I have been doing most of our schoolwork outside (go out in the morning, sit down do my algebra, help her with math and grammar) and it's awesome.  I've made some good progress on Algebra, too; not even a week ago I was getting nowhere and it was driving me insane!  Trying to read numbers on the computer just wasn't working for me.  

Extra credit for the conference sounds so cool!  I'd much rather go to a conference then study.  Well, of course you still have to write the report, but that shouldn't take too long.  Anyways, I can't wait to hear all about it!

I misread the sentence about what foods you shouldn't eat and I thought it said you SHOULD eat.  I was like hmmmmm....I don't really like any of these....maybe some tea?  And then I realized that it was a good thing that I didn't like those things!  I mean, I like banana bread, and cucumbers are alright.  Thanks for the info!

I hope that SS goes well tomorrow!  

I think the banning sounds like a weird glitch.  I mean, it's just WEIRD!  

The stars thing is definitely weird to me.  Like, maybe people just star whatever's on the first page?  Honestly my life isn't that interesting.  But if people are so bored and lame that they need to read 300+ posts about our lives then go for it, I guess.  There are plenty of worthy things people can do with that time, though.  Just saying.  

Brailling The 39 Clues is going to be fun for me, I think.  Mmmmhmmmm....yeah right.  I'm already looking into ways to cheat.  XD  Right now I'm trying to get a digital copy that I can drop into the braille program to transcribe it for me.  Braille is very...particular so I'm not really supposed to do that; especially since my teacher is such a purist.  But get with the times people!  I'll proof it and no one will be the wiser.  Yeeeaaahhhhhhhh....I'll let you know.  

How is the planning for VBS going?  You should definitely try to get some of the Hungry Hearts kids in the program.  When you talked about the kid running in the street I was like, "EEK!".  Mostly because the kid's program director at my church is crazy about kids not going in the parking lot alone.  I think someone got hit a couple years ago, but I'm not sure.

I'd be the same exact way about the lesson with the bananas!  (By the way, this has nothing to do with the bananas, but I'm well aware that almost every paragraph I've written starts with "I".)  She must've just come up with that on her own?  Because I'm sure there are like a million sites with legit activites.  

Oh!  I think this is way above the HH age, but I once did this cool activity at youth group:  It was like musical chairs and each chair had a prayer card on it.  Before sitting down you had to read the prayer.  Someone else could take your chair if you were too slow.  In the end we were barely even saying any of the words on the card.  The youth group minister was like "Do you ever feel like you're praying just to get it done with?" except for he sold it REALLY well.

I really hope that the guy from church can fix your laptop!  That would be way awesome.

I felt DEAD this week!  Like, "Okay...breathe...you can make it up the stairs" dead.  With the I'm-not-tired-but-I'm-exhausted fatigue stuff, too.  I'm accrediting it all to allergies.  And only because I'm talking to you will I actually admit how tough this week was for me.  It. Was. Awful.  I cried for like an hour straight on Tuesday night.  (Or maybe it was Wednesday.  IDK)  My Dad has been really busy because he's training for his new job and my Mom is hardly ever home, which is really hard for me.  It's just like GAH!  I cooked every day this week (sometimes twice) even though I was only assigned 2 meals total.  It's not really a big deal, but it was just that "oh, yay.  One MORE thing", you know?  Anyways, LOTS of praying!  I know I can't go to the doctor for a while and I don't want my mom to feel bad.  I tell her that I'm not feeling well, but I try not to elaborate too much because I know it makes her feel guilty.  So I prayed to Mary to help me hold out for just a little bit longer until we could afford the appointment better.  It was like *sigh*, though, because it's going to be a very gradual thing.  I just learned today that this summer is going to be really tough (financial-wise) because school's out and mom won't be getting paid.  Happy birthday to me!

Enough griping, though!  Today was seriously awesome.  The weekends are amazing because Mom's here.  Plus I got some allergy meds in me from when we went to Target.  And I got to go to Starbucks while we were out and get some tea.  Yay!

I went couponing today and it went amazing-ly!!!  For the past VERY LONG time there haven't been a ton of good deals, but this week was fabulous.  I can't remember if I've mentioned this, but I shop for our church's pantry (which is for the poor in our community).  Basically I collect coupon inserts from parishioners and then use the coupons to get free stuff that go back to our pantry.  So I was able to donate over $130 worth of items in the past week alone!  And I hardly paid anything!  My Out of Pocket costs for this week is around $25, but I bought some stuff for us (like toothbrushes that I didn't have a coupon for and tic tacs) at CVS on Sunday and then today I bought 3 tubs of fancy gelato, my allergy medicine, two big things of dog food, etc. at Target that isn't going to the pantry.  The dog food alone is worth $30!  I'm just so happy because it's been too long since I've been able to do big trips like this.

Have you ever typed for seemingly FOREVER and then looked and went "yeah, that's just a normal amount of words"?  XD  

My exercising is going good.  I'm definitely not running again.  In no way, shape, or form was it worth it.  I haven't been doing the actually scheduled exercise every day, but I have been swimming almost every day.  And some days I do both, so that's a bonus, I guess.

Goal-setting happened this week, too.  I think I told you about it last month.  So writing a "financial plan" is on there and needs to be completed soon.  It's important to me to be very smart about my money.  Maybe I'll write it with my Mom next weekend.  In the plan I'm going to account for pretty much everything from everyday expenses (Starbucks, day-trips with my sister) to college to a car and house some day.  I'm going to say how I expect to be able to pay for that (keeping in mind that I never want to be in debt if at all possible).  Probably most important for me is the "emergency situtions" part of the plan.  I honestly want to write down different scenarios and how I could get through them without having to go in serious debt.  Like: emergency ER trip!  Use savings in fund X and take money out of investment.  It's way in the future, but I figure if I start now I won't have to worry as much later.  At the same time I get kind of jealous of rich kids like my cousins who will never have to do any of this and still be debt-free for the rest of their lives!

I need to go now.  I really want some of that gelato!!!

~Aurora     

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Hey again,

I guess I'm just going to stay on here for a while!  I went to see how everyone else was doing and they just put me in a bad mood.  First my Dad was like "I need you to make these calls for me tonight" and then when I just jokingly said something like "perfect Saturday night" he got all upset.  EVEN AFTER my mom was like "She's just being silly.  YOU complained when you were a kid, she wasn't complaining".  Then I go inside and told my sister I was going in the bathroom before she could get changed and she was like "Okay", but after I shut the door she freaked out because I was being "mean".  And then I looked at the guinea pig (remember the one we "rescued") and it had some hay in its little food ball thing.  Timothy Hay, which I just happen to be allergic to.  So I went outside and I was like "Hey, Mom, why did you give the guinea pig the hay?" and she was like "Oh, come on!  It doesn't really matter.  Plus you have allergy medicine.".  Seriously?!?  I'm not a crazy person, okay?  I still go outside and I'm not someone who won't touch grass or flowers because of allergies.  But purposefully putting an allergen in my living room?  That's ridiculous.  And I don't have GOOD allergy medicine.  It was the 5 dollar kind, which I bought because I didn't want her to have to buy the $25-a-week kind that actually works.  OH and then I went inside and my brother was like "Why didn't you slice the bagels?!?".  They aren't even my bagels!!!  Dad took them home from work!!!  

I'm being so ridiculous.  I'm sorry.  It's just a lot, I guess.  *sigh*  There goes perfect day.  Maybe that cheap medicine is wearing off.  Or because my back's been killing me and it's making me irratible.  Whatever.  The point is that I'm being ridiculous.

I'll make it through with promise of chocolate on the other side.  Thanks for listening to all my randomness.

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

thank you for writing. I love listening to randomness. I had a good day until i came home from the library. I talked to a friend of my mom's who is an awesome Christian. She was NOT happy with what i shared about Hungry Hearts. Brianna should have taught the kids not to run from the start. It's the only reason things got out of hand, but of course she thinks these precious kids are the problem. Janet was also upset with the whole banana thing because she made it sound that if you dont love Jesus, you are a bad kid. Janet goes to this church, too, which is why i went. She saw in the bulletin that the first VBS meeting isnt for another two weeks, but VBS is in 6 weeks, Janet used to be in charge of  VBS at a previous church for 7 years. She should have started long ago. She is trying to do it all by herself either because she feels inadequate or proud. I hope this goes well. The whole HH thing is sad. She thinks the kids are bad, but she isnt teaching them basic things like how to line up and stuff, so of course they are going to do whatever they want without rules and boundaries. I am supposed to let her know how much i love the kids and i want to   do my part over and over and hope she lets me help in real ways, Janet said that the way Josh ran up and jumped into my arms shows that he knows i love him and he missed me. She wondered if they feel the same about Brianna if they arent as invesyed in her.She agreed that i cant go to Pastor Cathy cuz I'll look like a tattle tale. 

I messed up on a letter i wrote to a shut in. I have to g there after.church 

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

I forget where i left off, but i couldn't get back to the end of the message. I have to tell them not to give this card to this lady. That i want to pick it up Monday and I'll bring her.something else AND visit her. Yup, messed up big time,  but since God showed me, i have a chance to make it right and learn from it.

Gotta go. This took an hour, believe it or not. I would really like my computer back. Oh, i will give you the details Monday after i visit this lady.

Later, George

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Aurora

No church today. Woke up with horrible pain in my right eye. Went to the ER. I had a deep long scratch across the bottom of my eye. On liquid antibiotics and pain pills again. 

The card. I wrote something encouraging, but when I told Janet, she said it could be viewed as discouraging if read the wrong way, I cant go today now, so i will have to call first thing tomorrow. I hope they dont give her the card. I would feel terrible. Also, maybe this is Gods way of getting me to visit shut ins   and not wait to go with Gail since that is taking a while to set up,

I'm disappointed about church. I didnt get to give Mark my computer and he might not be at church next.week. I can see.out of.my eye much better even though it still hurts. It is what it is. Im getting better at accepting these things now from all of this practice.

I will respond to your two lo

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

I will respond to your long posts tomorrow. Dont take any short   cuts brailling the book. It is THE 39 CLUES after all. It has to be perfect!  =)

George

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Another star.

Ain't we popular?

Wonder how that happened?

We are more interesting than we ever thought!

That's funny! =)

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Hey George,

Geesh!  How did that happen to your eye?!??  I hope that you are feeling better soon!!!

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Hey,

What am I going to do about my brothers?!?  They spend every waking moment on the computer just playing video games.  It's completely unhealthy and a waste of their brains.  They could both be REALLY smart people, but they just WASTE it.  They swear that what they are doing means something and they both feel honestly accomplished.  Even in the brief moments when they leave the computer to eat...they are still endlessly talking about the games.  I mean, yes, occasionally my little brother will go swimming with my sister.  And again, yes, they are both outside right now with my Mom.  But it KILLS me to see them living like this.  I KNOW they are going to regret this later.  How could they not?!?  They could be so...so successful.  And I get so JEALOUS because they are both so perfectly healthy and they still choose to do nothing.  I wish so much that I could steal their healthy bodies (I hope that didn't sound super creepy).  I mean, it's like I'm fighting so hard everyday an up-hill battle to live a regular, active, healthy-person life that they were given for free while they choose to live the almost catatonic life I was damned to.  Where's the fairness in that?!?  When I try to talk to them about it they just get all defensive in a really mean way.  My little brother especially will take any chance he gets to make fun of me.  Here's a condensed version of the talk I just had with my brothers:

Me (to little bro): Aren't you going outside?
Little brother: NO!

Me: You don't understand how disappointed your mother is in you.

Little brother: I don't think you understand how awful you are. (paraphrased)

Me: She tries so hard for you and all you do is waste your minds.

Little brother: What?  Do you want us to become LAWYERS like you??  *Laughs stupidly*

Older brother: *joins in laughter*

I know I shouldn't let it get to me.  They're just huge JERKS who don't deserve the real estate of my mind.  But I care about them.  And I really do try to be a nice person and it's like none of it matters.  They honestly HATE me.  And I can't talk about it with my mother because it makes her too sad and stuff.  Plus it's Mother's Day.  I can't do that to her.  It just makes me so upset and sad because I don't want to be someone who never talks to my siblings again after we leave the house, you know?  I'm confident that I'll always know my sister; she's a sweet person who accepted my I'm-trying-to-get-close-to-you gestures.  We're tight.  But my brothers?  They don't really care about me too much.  And I know that they love me, but it's...it's like...*sigh*.  So we've been talking about love a lot at Youth Group (almost the past month honestly).  They defined "love" as the amount of responsibility you felt for the person.  And with my brothers I feel SO responsible.  If they are doing something stupid I will be the first to stop them--in everyday life and beyond.  But I'm afraid they don't love me like that.  Sure, in life-or-death situations, yes, they would save me.  But in the everyday?  Never.  And that hurts, George.  I don't want to give up on them, but I probably have to, right?  

Why do I keep doing this to you?  You're like going blind and I'm going on about my stupid brothers.  I'm so sorry!  I've just been so worked up and fatigued lately.  Everything's getting to me, I'm way too weak for this world.  Seriously, sneezing annoys me.  GAH!

I really, really hope that you are feeling way better tomorrow and that your eye heals!!!  It stinks that you couldn't get your laptop to that guy today (or help out at SS), but I'm sure that it will work out eventually.

Talk soon,

~Aurora 

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Hey George,

Are you feeling a bit better today?  I really hope so.

My life is full of stupid conincidences.  I was in the "wrong place at the wrong time" last night.  OKay...so last night while I was typing that up about my brother they were outside and I was the only on in the office.  Then as I leave the room and my little brother comes in he's like "WHO DELETED MY MAP?!?"  (He's been working on this stupid minecraft map thing for like 3 days straight)  And it obviously looks like it was me because I was the only one in the room and it was still there when he left.  But the thing is I would never even know HOW to delete that stupid thing!  Plus he says that all his backups were deleted as well...there's no way.  So he's like super upset with me and I'm like racking my brain trying to figure out how I could have possibly deleted it.  And there's nothing!  The only possibility I've come up with is totally not do-able: I switched out the swivel chair at his desk for the wooden one at mine.  So maybe one of the chairs hit his mouse?  But I can't even see how that could've possibly deleted ANYTHING nevermind go into the program and delete all of the files AND their backups AND THEN go into the Recycling Bin and completely delete them.  At the same time, though, he's like way calmly upset.  And that's SO not him.  So is it awful to say that maybe HE was the one who "deleted" it?  He's way to set on the fact that it's 100% gone and hasn't even let me try to find it for him.

This is nonsense that I don't have time for!  I've got a crazy long to-do list today.  Better get on it!

I hope you are feeling better!!!  

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Aurora,  No worries about your post. Its too bad about your brothers. They truly dont know a good thing when they see it. I wish you had their healthy bodies, too.

My eye feels better today, but I am going to stay home cuz the percocet is making me tired this time. I will post later and/or tomorrow. 

George 

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

captaineagle39

aka CaptainEagle39

sorry for interrupting again, but George, do you want to join my MIA agency?

• Posted at:

“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

― Dr. Seuss

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Hey again George,

On hold and decided that I'd share another one of my stories with you.  XD

So my Confirmation was like...3 weeks ago?  A little more?  And I literally got one card and it was from my grandmother.  My godparents didn't even get me a card!  Whatever, like that's okay.  I got a bit upset, but I shouldn't have been.  I had let it pass and it was what it was.  But guess what happened?  FRIDAY I got a card from one of my godparents and TODAY I got one from the other.  Isn't that so random?

Still on hold.  I've gotten a lot done today, though!  I literally made like 40 phone calls.  Geesh!  And I also sent some emails and set up a fundraiser.  

I'm going to make chocolate chip cookies tonight.  I haven't had any in a long time, but I've been too busy to make them!  I actually picked up dark chocolate chips (my favorite!) so I just can't wait!

Ummmm...nothing much more.  This lady I'm on hold with has been trying to submit this one form for 25 minutes.  I guess it keeps freezing or something and now she's on with the floor supervisor.  I almost want to say "Hey?  Can you just call me back when you figure it out?"  XD

I'm glad that your eye is feeling better today.  Stay home and rest!

Talk later,

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Hey Aurora, I slept until almost noon today. I am only on the computer for a few minutes because I have to go to an appt and pick up a med AND, go to the nursing home. I had thought that the mailman would give the mail to the people at the nurse's station to distribute, but NOPE! He walks down every single hall and puts the mail at their door. Even those in actual nursing care actually have their own rooms with doors that are always shut. I didn't see any old people walking in the halls or sitting out anywhere. I wonder if it's because it's one where you pay extra for the privacy or something? Cuz when I went with my neighbor, Betty, to visit a neighbor who went to the nursing home, she was in a room with 5 other beds and there were old people in the halls and everywhere, mostly in wheelchairs. And when I went to a different one in town once, it was the same thing except that there were only two beds to a room. Strange. Anyway, the nurse intercepted the card, thank goodness, and I'm going to pick it up today and leave another one. I would have felt horrible if I'd upset that lady in any way!

So, IDK if I'll be on the computer much until tomorrow. I have so much of your stuff to respond to. Thank you for being patient!

George =)

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

*deletes ridiculously long ranting post*  This is what's left: Oh my gosh, Thank God for gelato and chocolate.  XD

Talk later,

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Hi Aurora,

You are funny! I didn't get up until after noon again today. I've even slept the last two nights! I'm just so exhausted and IDK why. I skipped 1:30 Bible study because I wasn't prepared and I was just so tired. All I did was sleep until I came in here.

My mom switched me to the local hospital to get physical therapy on my foot. They treated me for my hip. I had been getting PT at the foot doctor's office - they have a separate section for that. When Maria was there it was just her and Whitney. Everything was so positive, Maria tried different things on my foot, and I did all kinds of exercises all of the time, which Whitney was in charge of. Now they have two PT's, an assistant, and Whitney stays in the office as much as possible because things are less positive and they are doing things differently, but not in a good way. My mom noticed that every single person who has been in the PT room with me (3-4 each time and the room isn't that big) is doing the same exact PT as I am. Doesn't matter if it's on one foot, both feet, they are wearing boots, they are old or young. It's stim with heat, ultra sound, and then massage. But if the therapist isn't available when I come in, then they do it the other way, which is massage, ultra sound, and stim with heat - which we think is the proper way based on what Maria did with me. They don't even massage my foot in the right place even though I tell them at least twice each time where the pain is at. They only do ONE exercise and it's the same for everybody! That is like giving everyone the same med for different medical problems! How stupid! And to take away all of those exercises makes no sense, either. How are we supposed to maintain a healthy foot when we are discharged? My mom talked to Whitney and confirmed that they do the same thing with everyone. She told Whitney that she was going to take me to my primary care physician to get a referral to the hospital. She said she could get it from my doctor and took off. She came back with the script and the head physical therapist. My mom had to tell her why we were leaving, but told her as little as possible so as not to tick her off. She IS going to tell the doctor everything at our next appt, though. Not ranting, but rambling. =)

Not much else to say. I've been reading and watching movies. Finding Nemo, all three Toy Story movies, Despicable Me 2, The Lion King. I gave almost all of my DVDs to the library, if you recall. So I'm going to get some to take home. I already have Mary Poppins at home from the library. If I'm going to lay around with no energy, I may as well watch some movies and read.

I just finished checking Vicky's latest paper for her Master's. It wasn't nearly as bad as usual! I have to look at it again and tell her if she did what the professor wanted (she sends me the instructions with her paper) and how much more she has to write to end it. How bad is that from someone over 55?????

Later, George

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Aagh!!! I just learned that Vicky still has half of that paper to write! I thought she only needed the conclusion. She always writes like 3-5 pages over what the prof wants because she doesn't know how to be brief. Some professors have taken points off because of that. She also has two more papers. I told her the library hours and that she has to get them to me in time. She is a HUGE procrastinator, so we will see how well she does with this! =)

I'm going to go volunteer! Did I tell you the disc cleaner had started to leak again? Lisa and I taped the hose where the water comes out to the wall so that I don't have to lift the hose to empty the water each time. I was able to clean 20 discs yesterday without any problem. We hope this is the fix because the director is very bad about calling people to fix things or do things. And she is going on 1-1/2 weeks of vacation soon. I hope it doesn't break down during that time cuz I'll be bored and because the DVDs and CDs will really pile up on me!

Okay, bye!

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

It has been an AWFUL day.  I am just so done.  GAH!  And everyone is just against me, you know?  Like when everyone just continually reminds you that you can't do anything right?  By the time my Mom got home I was just a mess and now she's like "Why do you always have to be so nasty?  This attitude needs to go."  And I'm like seriously!?!  It's too much!!!

I'm going to pray now.  Probably a good idea.  :)

I read your letter, but I can't even think enough to comprehend what it was I just read.  I'll get back to you later.  

~Aurora 

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

,,Hi. I wasnt at the library much today because computers were down and they weren't sure when they would be fixed. I wont be going tomorrow until maybe evening cuz my mom's car is being inspected. I might be borrowing a laptop starting sometime tomorrow, though, if Vicky drops it off. That would be awesome.

Brianna and i had 21 kids tonight! She let me sign in the kids when. i asked. We had a lot of new kids, so i had to have 3 moms follow me upstairs to register their kids so i could stay with her. She did a better lesson this time, but i think she should do more than stand up there and talk and ask queestions. It doesnt hold their attention compared to what I've seen Miss Jen do in Sunday School. The kids really are so well behaved especially since jed isnt even three and we have a lot of three year olds even tho the youngest is supposed to be four. The big kids are very helpful with the younger kids. We used a rope with rings for the kids to hold onto to line up. It helped, but we had more kids than rings and i was afraid that the little kids who were holding hands would be pulled down the stairs as fast as the older kids were going. We need a third person now for a lot of reasons. Im just happy cuz i love these kids. I talked to SIX paremts tonight. That is amazing for me cuz i really spent a lot of time with three of them. I held Josh and Jeds baby brother for a while, too. I realized that if i ask the parents about their kids, the rest is easy peasy. 

Later. Hope you are feeling okay. George 

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Hey George,

It would be great if you could borrow someone's laptop!

21 kids is a ton!!!  It sounds like you are really getting the hang of this, too.  

I'm just like bleh.   Can barely even form coherent sentences.  These allergies might be the death of me right now.  My dad is trying to be helpful and ordered something that his mom says works well.  Turns out he ordered a "steam inhaler".  So essentially a nebulizer, but with just water and not medicine.  Which is great, except for the fact that insurance might've paid for a nebulizer and the inhaler is out of pocket.  I really hope it helps!

I'm going to try to get some work done.  I'll talk to you later!

~Aurora 

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Hey Aurora,

Your dad had good intentions. I hope you feel better. The pollen situation here is really bad, too.

Vicky dropped off her laptop. I couldn't get to it right away because of an appt after we picked up my mom's car. It needs about $800 in in repairs, $450 to pass inspection. That really stinks. She's worked out a payment plan, though.

One, Vicky's computer barely works. She is going to try to talk me through some things tomorrow to see if it will work better, but I told her that if it takes a lot to get it to work, I'd rather come to the library since I'm here a lot anyway.

Two, even if we get the laptop to work, we are going to cut our internet on Monday in order to help pay for the car. No cable, no internet. If we get the computer to work and Vicky procrastinates on a paper, my Mom said she'll take me next door to the Wendy's and use their WiFi. The payment plan my mom worked out is a 12 month deal, so we will be without internet for about that long. I'm glad I was already getting used to coming to the library before this happened because it would have been harder for me to take about cutting off the internet after cutting off the cable. If that guy gets my laptop working, I'll just bring it to the library or Wendy's. Vicky is SUCH a procrastinator that she said she hasn't asked her professor if she can turn in her "other" papers yet. I asked how late they were. She is in week 11 of the semester (I don't know how many weeks a semester is, but I'm pretty certain it ends soon.) Her papers are from week 4 and week 9. She is on financial probation for bad grades from doing this and for taking incompletes so she can do the class again. IDK why she continues to do this when she is on probation. She has another year (at least, if she doesn't procrastinate!) and will not finish school if her prof doesn't let her take these classes. It's not a matter of the school giving her more time. It's the people who give her the loans and grants who will not give her another chance. It doesn't make much sense to me to continue to put that in jeapordy. She could not get a degree for a better job and yet still have to pay back the loans. DUH!!! Even I know how that works (thanks to my mom explaining to me - but she didn't have to explain the ramifications). She needs someone like you to lecture her! She has health issues, but nothing like you. And look at all you do! You put her to shame!  =)

I have First Aid, CPR, and AED class at the church tomorrow. Did you hear about the 11yo Chinese girl who took a CPR class one Saturday at a fire station and less than five minutes had to perform it on a man who had a heart attack and she saved his life? I like stories like that! It's amazing.

I am coming to the library before the class to see if the ESL guy will help me to translate the registration papers for VBS into Spanish. I know most of the words, but I want it to be official so nobody says I did it wrong. I told two parents yesterday what to write where when they registered their kids - in Spanish. It was easy peasy. I asked one bilingual parent the word for "initials" and she said it was "iniciales". So easy! I got two of the registration papers and when I get home I'm going to translate one and let him see how I did and maybe he'll only have to add or change a couple of things. If I don't do this, it won't get done. My therapist Crystal said that maybe it has been Brianna's intention not to get it done since she doesn't seem too interested in the Hungry Hearts kids anyway. But there are a lot of neighbor kids we could sign up as well. Oh, and the ESL guy gets paid through a grant, so he has to be here all 8 hours on Saturday whether someone shows up or not. Last week I don't think anybody showed up and the week before only one person showed up. Because he's paid by a grant he can't teach Spanish to people who want to learn it, and there are a lot. I hope he doesn't say he can't help me with the registration paper. I'll ask him to take a five minute break or something if he says that! =)

We don't have SS this week. I don't remember why since I didn't go to church last week. I go to early and late services, so I'm not sure what I'll do in between. I could go to all three services (that's a bit too much unless I'm Pastor Cathy or her husband =)). I could also go to the library and read my bible or a Christian book or something.

I JUST NOW read the post about your BROTHER deleting all of his minecraft stuff (cuz there is NO WAY you did all of that!). I must have missed it when I was reading from my phone. It is understandably upsetting, but it's crazy how important these things are to those of the male gender. It's like when Patrick Dempsy was killed off of the show "Gray's Anatomy" not long ago (I've never watched the show). Women were so crazy upset it was ridiculous. One of the children's cancer sites I follow posted what a kid with cancer said to them. "This is a FICTIONAL PERSON! I'm one of thousands of kids who are dying of cancer every year because of hardly any funding being given for children's cancer research. Why don't you care about ME since I'm REAL?" So very sad, huh? 43 children are diagnosed with cancer every day. 40,000 kids undergo cancer treatments every year. 12% of all kids die from their cancer. 60% suffer debilitating effects from their treatments, including secondary cancers. Many of these kids have cancer and relapse up to five times before they die or are in "permanent" remission. Children's cancer research gets less than 4% of all funding for cancer every year - the adults get everything else. Yet most adults are diagnosed late in life and generally survive only 5-10 years after remission. Kids have their whole lifes in front of them and research to make their treatments better could also bring help to the adults, as well as decrease adult cancer since 60% of kids with cancer who survive get cancer later in life. There is every reason to fund this research, but the National Institute of Health and American Cancer Society repeatedly, year after year, give excuses why kids only get 4% of all cancer research funding every year. It's sickening how little this country cares about kids with cancer and/or other illnesses, abused kids, foster kids, etc. We as a nation are shameful. I hope that when we grow up we can make a real difference for those who come after us.

That was an unexpected rant. It's all your brother's fault, LOL. RANT OVER!

Oh man. You made chocolate chip cookies. Other than oreos, those are my favorites! Too bad I'm not supposed to eat them. =(

Okay, I have to go. I will write tomorrow or Monday or from my mom's phone, though I try not to do that much. It's so annoying!

George =)

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Hi Aurora,

I didn't get to the library until kind of late because of Vicky trying to help me with my computer. The ESL guy was helping Karen, a page at the library, with her Spanish. OH, he is breaking the rules! I guess he will break them for certain people or something. I don't know if he's going to have time to help me or not or if he'd be willing. When I was translating what I was able to do, I realized there is more to translate than I had initially thought. Like the paragraph exempting the church from liabilities, how the parents have to sign their kids in and out every day, and how we are a Safe Sanctuaries church and all. I can do the registration for the kids for Hungry Hearts because we don't really need much since the parents are right downstairs. With VBS, most kids will be dropped off unless their parents are helping us or something. One of the Hungry Hearts parents asked if she could help. I want to tell Brianna before the woman asks because it would make me upset if she said no for some reason. She's not even Hispanic, so there would be no language issue at all, but since she seems to have a prejudice against all of the kids/parents, who knows? I will find out just HOW prejudiced she is when I get a response from her. I am hoping for a good response!

That's all I got and unless I use my mom's phone, I won't be back on until Monday. Have a super weekend!

George =)

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_