Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Branch: Ekaterina

Hi George,

I know that you just said that you couldn't reply right away, but I decided why not give you something more to reply to?  XD  

My first thought was that we should start a petition that the Mods do an internet safety education thing.  Then my second thought was "Why?  We should just do it."  Yeah, in my "spare time".  *rolls eyes* :P

Wait, wait, wait.  You had an appointment and then the dentist told you that she didn't have time???  Dentist offices are always so uncoordianted.  The bone that you keep mentioning--is that your jaw?  Because that sounds like crazy painful.  Anyways, it's great that you got an appointment so soon!

Oh, and did I say that my face looked better?  My mistake.  I look like a marshmallow on steroids.  With eczema.  Doesn't that sound sooooo attractive?  Get it line, boys.  XD  On the serious side: a) I don't care what anyone thinks about how I look  b) I really do and I'm just saying that because I know I look completely ratchet  c)it's really weird.  It's like my sinus/cheekbone area finally decided to leave my face.  Despite the fact that I've had sinusitis forever now, you could never really see my cheekbones too well because everything else was too inflamed.  Now I guess I've reached new levels of inflamation.  Where's my prize?  XD

Here's my prize!  In the form of strawberry shortcake.  I guess there's always a sunny side in this world.

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

"I'm not asking for a million years or never or forever.  I'm asking for one day only.  Today." ~Irina

"Be happy with what you have while working for what you want" ~Helen Keller

Aurora

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

YYYYYEEEEESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOHHHOOOOOOOO!  

6 Pages!!!  Now my lazy hand doesn't have to scroll all the way down!  It was getting crazy tiring while on my kindle.

Small victories.

~Aurora

• Posted at:

"I'm not asking for a million years or never or forever.  I'm asking for one day only.  Today." ~Irina

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Branch: Lucian

Hi Aurora,

My appointment was actually FOR the filling, but in the past she has done other things and she even pulled a tooth instead of doing a filling. BUT, that day she wasn't having other complicated patients and she was willing to stay past closing to finish me up by herself. She sent her assistant home. She thought she would be okay because the teeth that generally stick to my bone are on the bottom, but the top teeth seem fine. And yeah, the doc has to chisel into my jaw! Depending on where the bone is the most contentious, that's where she has to make the cut. The last time was between my cheek and my tooth. Cuz she had to have nothing between her chisel and the bone. That's one of the reasons it takes so long to heal. Being diabetic, that stuff just doesn't want to heal!!!

I'm sorry about your face. Does the eczema itch? I have eczema, but it's mostly on my hands, especially the palms. THAT itches. The cream only helps when it feels like it. 

Thursday I help with the kids. Brianna said something about a Christian movie, so if that's what we do, it should be an easy evening. That's from like 5:30 to 6, then everyone eats while we just stick around because the regular church Tenebrae service will be at 7pm, so I'm just going to hang out and see what is going on, does P. Cathy need help with anything, and so on.

More later, George =)

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

wonderwhip,            ●~

and an amazecherry on top!

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Hi Aurora,

Just checking in. I won't really be able to write until Thursday evening or sometime Friday. Friday is mostly an open day for me. One early appt and the library is closed and it will be too late to write cards to the shut-ins. I haven't written. When I'm overwhelmed (40 cards to write) I just procrastinate and avoid, so I have the rest of today and some of tomorrow to write 40 cards. PRAY FOR ME!!! 

I see Melissa, my nutritionist, tomorrow morning. We're going to talk about what I can drink and eat mush-wise if the dentist takes bone on Monday. The last time, about a year or more ago, I mostly had ice cream and mashed potatoes. Tons of sugar and carbs. I cannot do that this time. I can's eat $6.00 yogurt everyday either, though!!

I got another shot in my foot yesterday. It REALLY hurt, so the doc says that means it's probably in the right spot. My foot hurt sooo much, but it's a little better today. I asked him about taking a photo, but he said the spot can be different every time, which is why they do the pressure point thing. I'll just be glad when I KNOW that it worked and I can breathe a little. I'll finally be able to walk around the block again. Building up to the number of times around so I don't mess up my hip or back and the numbness that comes to my legs doesn't turn to burning. So many things to think/worry about JUST FOR A LITTLE WALKING! I even have to use walking poles for goodness sakes! But, hey, at least I WILL be able to walk again soon! Probably I'll be able to walk by Friday and by Monday I'll be in so much pain that I'll be on pain pills (they do not make me sleep), sucking down healthy protein shakes or something instead of ice cream (though I AM going to have some!) with ice on my face, too distracted to read or something.

Crunchy rice? Mmmm! Sounds . . . tasty? I made that once. But I think I was like 9 or something. I'm glad you are still on strike. Has anyone noticed except for you? Said anything?

Later, tomorrow or Friday!

George =)

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Hey George,

Yeesh, chiseling into your jaw.  That sounds incredibly PAINFUL!!!  

The eczema on my face really doesn't usually itch; it's just kind of a nuisance.  However, my skin is so annoyingly sensitive that it will break out when it comes to contact with almost anything and that does itch.  It's kind of ridiculous: I know that my neck area is super sensitive and make a point to avoid it while showering, but every time I break out like crazy.  Ummm....am I allergic to water now?  XD  I feel for you with the eczema on your hands; that really is the worst.  I don't have it too bad, but my sister's hands get so bright red that its painful just to look at.  Plus eczema can make your hands bleed, which is just disgusting.  XD

I am very familiar with how procrastination works.  I might be doing that right now....  Praying for your card-writing.

Ice cream sounds so good, though!  Plus you have a medical reason!  Yeah, I get where you're going with the whole sugar and carbs thing.  Maybe a really good smoothie?  Or sorbet?  You can make that by just freezing a smoothie pretty much.

Your foot sounds super painful, too.  Yikes!  I hope it's feeling better soon!!!  Not being able to walk must be super awful.  Plus you have the tooth thing happening...  Your body's really out to get you lately!  

Guess what?  I got an email today from the director at my parish and he wanted me to be one of the twelve people who gets their feet washed by Father at the Holy Thursday service.  :O  He seriously picked me out of the tons of people who are involved at our church.  Woah.  Now I really hope I can make it!  

It's okay that you're going to be a bit busy; it's totally understandable!

~Aurora 

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Oh!  And how did the appointment with Melissa go?

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

I got eight more cards done! I started to fall alseep and the last card looks like chicken scratch, so I'll have to do that one over. Thirty two more to go! I'll do as many as I can Thursday and stick them in the mail. There are like 11 people in one nursing home that is about five miles from us. I talked to Mom and she said that we could drop those off on Friday so that I can write them last and they will be hand delivered. IT WILL BE DONE! 

Being chosen for the footwashing! Awesome! You HAVE to go! That is quite an honor! Don't pass it up for anything!!!

=:)

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Hi Aurora,

I did 19 cards today. I got them all done just before the post office closed and for my mom to drop me off at church to help with Hungry Hearts and then we had the Tenebrae service.

I still have about 9 to do for the nursing home my mom is going to take me to. But, I accomplished my goal of getting all 50 out before Easter! I saw Gail (in charge of this) at church tonight and told her and she was surprised and pleased just because of the effort I put into it. I told her I'd be needing more cards and stamps. She asked when I would need them and I told her I didn't know because I would like to do a few every week now instead of like this and she laughed.

I spent more time with Brianna tonight and I learned a few things.

1. She went to college to become a marine biologist but ended up graduating with a degree in English. So, she has no training for being head of the Children's Ministry. She said that God told her to apply for the job and she got it. 

2. She is somewhat of a control freak. Everything has to be just so. First through fifth grade meet together in a room at the beginning of Sunday School. She plans what song the kids will sing, what Scripture will be read, and gives them a message every week, then the kids break up into their real SS classes. I would think she would want to share that job so it doesn't fall on her all of the time. 

3. She seems to have a tendency toward the negative. She wants there to be no rain on any Thursday night from here to next winter so she can take the kids outside because it's easier to deal with their behavior problems. Other than 4yo Joshua being hyper (and he wasn't there tonight), there has been nothing out of the ordinary. They are just regular kids like our church kids. I don't know why she has a skewed POV regarding them. A little boy hit his nose on a bar in the playground toward the end of our time outside. She got everyone inside, then had to run after the kids because they were headed toward the sanctuary and would have disrupted the service - not good for a Tenebrae service. So, I took care of Caleb. Dave, a nurse who usually volunteers at HH saw Caleb. We'd gotten him paper towels. I told him to sit forward and that we would have to get him ice. Dave agreed with me. So, I stayed with Caleb and talked to him. It didn't hurt, he was just scared. His mom came out with everyone else and saw us there. Apparently anytime Caleb bumps his nose even a little bit, it bleeds because of the dry air. Mom was okay and not the least bit upset. I told Brianna all of this when she came over to us after making sure the other kids were signed out. She didn't talk to the mom at all. She has done that before, but in this situation, I would have thought she would talk to the mom about what happened and all. She was good with Caleb, trying to get him to laugh when the nosebleed was done. She never talked to mom. She told me later, "Well that went as badly as I expected. The first day on the playground and we have an injury." Mom wasn't upset. Caleb said it didn't hurt, it just scared him. Brianna didn't talk to the mom, I did. Why the negativity? I told her these things and that it's a playground, kids will get hurt.

4. She went to the dentist yesterday (remember she was telling me about it?), so I asked her how it went. She sees the same dentist I do. Brianna was upset because the doc had an assistant write in her chart that Brianna can't get a root canal due to her insurance. Where is the insult there? It's just record keeping. Apparently the doc had somebody with her who she was teaching and she mentioned that Brianna had a black spot on the tooth and what the causes of that could be and how to deal with it, etc. Brianna was mad because something bad about her was being used to teach someone and she'd rather they not do that. It's not like they would be insulting her. Again, it's what they do. I know my doc, she would never be insulting to anybody for any reason. I hear her with other patients all of the time because usually she is taking care of three of us at a time. I wonder why Brianna is so sensitive?

I feel badly for her. She needs confidence and to shed the negative shroud and let go of some of the control and not judge these Hispanics (who are the majority who come to Hungry Hearts) and low income people. I need to be praying for her. It is good that she is loosening up with me some at least. We had time before HH and in between HH and the Tenebrae service, so I asked her questions. I hope she feels very okay with me soon. She asked about my tooth and I told her I was getting it pulled Monday. She said, "So I'll have to get somebody else to help me next Thursday?" I told her that I won't know that until the tooth is pulled. If the doc doesn't have to take bone, then I'll be fine. Gillian's mom said she would be praying for me that my tooth just pops out! That's nice! I hope that's what happens!

More on other subjects tomorrow. I've probably bored you with this. Sorry. So, how are you and what's going on with you?

George =)

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

George,

Great job with the cards!  I knew you would get them all done.  :)

Brianna sounds like the kind of person I wouldn't get along with.  You are waaayyyyy more patient than me!  I mean, if you're tooth is messed up then he's going to tell the trainee guy.  Doctors do that all the time despite how embarrassing it can be.  (I once had a doctor call in two college students to look down my throat.  Yuck)  It is super obnoxious how Brianna is always acting like the Hungry Hearts kids are straight up hooligans.  They sound perfectly normal!

I made it to the foot washing yesterday, but not without a couple of hiccups.  First it was the fact that I couldn't wear any of my nice shirts because I had a violin meetup thing first and you have to have a flat collar to play violin.  Okay, whatever.  I found a shirt that was good enough.  Then I painted my toes and fingernails, but the fingernail polish NEVER DRIED.  And I had like 12 seconds to get out the door, so I took off the nailpolish and just quickly did my hair and it turned out hiddeous.  So I fix it kind of quick in the car and it's presentable enough.  Then I realize that my toenail polish never dried either.  And this is seriously a problem because he's going to wash my feet.  So I go in the bathroom at church and just scrape it off as best as I can.  In the end everything was fine of course, but it was a seriously stressful evening.  Anyway, the actual event was great.  They just put 12 chairs up on the raised altar area and we all walked out and sat down.  Then one by one the priest washed our feet.  Except for the water was COLD!  No one warned me about that!  XD

Do you guys celebrate Good Friday?  Because that's today.  And...ummmm...that's all I have to say about that.  XD

I got a call from my Driver's Ed teacher this morning.  She was like, why aren't you finished yet?!?  But in a "I'm trying to be polite, but you're pretty much an idiot" tone.  I was like "but I can't even get my permit yet and I've been focusing more on other school subjects" and she pretty much scoffed.  "You can't take the course forever!" and all that.  I said "Okay, I'm working on the big project now.  It says I need a graph.  What do you want on the graph?".  Her: "The assignment should take 30 minutes.  There's just 6 questions and you should answer in 5 sentence paragraphs.  Then there are 3 more questions where you should answer in paragraphs and then site two websites.  It should only take you 30 minutes."  And I was kind of befuddled!!!  Because that's 40 seconds per sentence with zero time to edit or research.  And she made it sound like if I had to spend any more time than 29 minutes I was completely dumb.  I probably spent about an hour total and I didn't even get down 5 sentences per question; let's see what she says because it really looks like she doesn't care what you write.  Towards the end of the call she said "I'm not worried about your grade.  Just try to be finished by next Friday."  Ummmm...so don't spend time on your work because your grade doesn't matter?  

And I have been trying to get in touch with this person at this office all week and there is still no answer. I swear she's avoiding me.  There's probably about a million voicemails on her machine from me that all sound like this: "????????????????  Socallmeback, bye"  XD  

I gotta go do more schoolwork.  This was a nice break, though!

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Hi,

I just remembered that I totally forgot to ask you how you've been feeling lately.  *facepalm*  Your health sounds like it has been kind of taking a beating lately, so I just wanted to make sure that you're okay.  :)

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Gah!  My lung is killing me.  It's so weird, and at first it was kind of....scary?, but now I'm used to it.  I tried to fast today as best as I could, so that's probably why I feel worse now.  I finally gave in like 15 minutes ago and ate a tortilla; at least I tried!

I really hope that you're feeling alright.  I've been praying for you and that your dentist appointment goes well.

Goodnight,

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Geez, Aurora! I'm glad you gave in and at least ate a tortilla, but couldn't you do a partial fast or something? The longest I'm allowed to fast is about 14 hours. Twelve to fast for blood tests and a two hour window. Because of my diabetes. If I tried to fast for a whole day I could end up dead. There have been times when I had to break the fast cuz my sugar went too low. God knows and understands!

I read your posts. Did you star some of my posts on another thread before your post asking about my health? You know that I don't care. You and I certainly have no secrets from one another after all of this time! Yeah, I had some self harm stuff come back two months ago. It's stuff that resulted from all of the bullying. It's not healthy cuz of my diabetes. All of the adults in my life who care about me know and all of these people are able to try to help me through prayer and/or encouragement. 

Your foot washing experience sounds like a mixture of nightmare and awesomeness. I'm so glad that you got to be a part of that, cold water, nondrying nail polish and all! I went to Maundy Thursday service and I'd thought it would be a Tenebrae service, but it wasn't. We actually had the Tenebrae service tonight. It was sad and I cried at the end.

Your driver's ed teacher - what is her problem? Trying to hurry you up to do something like that and making it all about the time and nothing about the learning? It sounds as if it's "just a job" to her. She should have commended you for being so conscious about your learning and grades and given you a longer deadline, like at least a week or something. I'm sure you'll do fine, but still.

I'm kind of tired. It's been an emotional evening for me. On the MB and at church. I will chat with you later, though. I hope you will be having a great Easter!

George =)

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Hey,

Gah!  Late night and a muddled brain don't make a good combination!  That last post sounded wrong: I totally ate yesterday.  Up north the "rules" for fasting were so much easier (here they make all kinds of excuses for why you don't need to fast), but basically a small meal and a smaller than normal supper.  So I had already eaten a bagel and some spaghetti.  I don't usually eat a lot (I've only had a croissant and a bunch of water today), but it was incredibly stupid of me not have a snack yesterday.  I knew that my blood sugar was low (headache/bad vision/not being able to think right), but I ignored it anyways.  Why am I so stupid!?!  I just feel guilty when I don't observe--it's like the day has no importance.

And another "oh my gosh, I'm stupid" moment.  My brain is totally scrambled so I'm not even sure if this is going to make any sense.  Yeah, I saw your post on that thread with Kristie and I was like "huh?", but then I remembered that you had all that bullying nastiness and figured you'd tell me if it was still happening.  But then I felt bad because I was kind of like "me! me! me!" in my post and I never asked about you.  *facepalm*  And then I was like *double-facepalm* because you're dealing with that stupid tooth-puling thing and everything, so I definitely should have said something.  And then in the post after that I was pretty much just complaining so I had to add something a bit nice-r to the bottom.  :)

The Tenebrae service is the one where they shut off the lights and everyone has a candle, right?  I've never been to a Holy Week mass except for the foot washing one on Thursday, so I'm pretty much clueless.  My catechist is always talking about the mass where the catechumens are baptised/confirmed and that one is in the dark with candles.

I was really slacking on the driver's ed course.  XD  I was only half-way done and I was supposed to be done with the whole course already.  It's way easier to blame it on the teacher, though!  I only have a couple more assignments left now and will definitely be done by the end of next week.

This letter pretty much has zero substance.  I'll have to write something else later, but now I have to go do some general cleaning.  My aunt is going to visit tomorrow for Easter and it's one of those the-house-has-to-look-presentable-for-the-visitors moments.  By tomorrow it will probably be more like "quick! shove everything in a closet!"  XD

Do you have any fun plans for Easter?  I totally never asked you.  *facepalm, again*  

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Aurora, 

You don't ever have to face-palm because of me. We take turns being self-focused because of what's going on in our lives and that's okay because we also take turns being other-focused. Don't ever worry about that. Yeah, that whole thread you read, deleted. Gone. She never even read my post, which I didn't save because there hadn't seemed the need to since it went through. Her threads like that get deleted all of the time (???). It's like I never said a thing now. And I really needed her to see that. So frustrating. 

I'm glad that you did eat yesterday, but it can be easy not to pay attention to our bodies, so don't beat yourself up about it. I'll write more later. 

George

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Hi Aurora,

I didn't really know what the Tenebrae service was (I've been to one when I was really little and that's all) until we had it Friday night. I had thought Maundy Thursday was the same thing as Tenebrae. I learned afterward that Maundy Thursday if for commemorating the Lord's Supper, which is why we had communion and you had the footwashing. I think it's too time consuming to do both; they probably do one or the other, I think. It's also for the stripping of the "church" in preparation for Christ's death. We had 4 Scripture readings and Pastor Cathy gave a five minute message after each one and we had a hymn or partial hymn. At the end of the service as we sang the last hymn, "Go to Dark Gesthemene", P. Cathy, three other pastors who did readings, the ushers, and a couple of others stripped the altar of everything except the cross and then they stripped the pulpits, then they stripped the communion table and took out the table itself. It took the whole hymn to do all of that and then for P. Cathy to place a black shroud on top of the cross and to lean a crown of thorns against them.

The Tenebrae was reading lots of Scripture again, hymns and partial hymns, and no messages. After each reading two altar boys put out candles. Then the choir did three anthems. After that only the Christ candle was left, in front of the cross on the altar. Then the whole sanctuary went dark for about 10 minutes except for the Christ candle. P. Cathy carried the Christ candle to the back of the Sanctuary at the beginning of the ten minutes, then carried it back to the altar at the end to represent that darkness will never extinguish the light. I was seriously crying, but I didn't want to make any noise to get a tissue! After the ten minutes a cymbal crashed to symbolize the earthquake. Then the organist played the piano and a choir lady did a solo that was really beautiful. When they were done, just one light went on so that people could leave or stay and pray. I think I was the only one who stayed and prayed and I couldn't stop crying.

I can't wait until the service tomorrow. If there are any kids at the early service, they will be in church because there is no childcare - usually very few people come. I'm supposed to help with the kids at the next two services, the late service has care for kids 5 and under, all in one room, but if they don't need me, then maybe I'll go to all of the services, IDK. I really don't want to go home after the early service because they don't do ANYTHING extra - no choir, no children's or youth choir, no children's message, no handbell choir - maybe a solo occasionally, but that's it. I hope I get to help with the kids at 9:30 anyway because I always go to both the early and late services every week anyway, so that's kind of my routine. I've only gone to all three services once before. The middle service is contemporary. I'll do all three if I have to, though.

We're not really doing anything for Easter. Just another day after church. I hope you have a really nice Easter, though.

George

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Hey George,

HAPPY EASTER!!!  

Did you mean that not many people went to the early service or that not many people go to any Easter service?  That's pretty much a stupid question because I'm about 98% sure that you meant the early one.  

I hope that you have a great day!  (Even though the day will probably be a good amount over before you see this)  It's kind of sad that you don't really do anything special for Easter.  It makes me a lot more grateful, though!  When I lived up north all of my family would get together at my cousins' house   and we'd have a huge egg hunt and tons of food.  It was a gigantic celebration!  I miss that about moving here; we have no relatives except for one great-aunt who lives a ways away from us.  But we are still going to have a special day for it.  I really hope that you have a nice day!

Gah!  I wanted to write a ton more, but my siblings want me to go play a board game now.  

Talk later,

Aurora 

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Hi Aurora!

Happy Easter and I'm glad you get to spend it with family even if it's not your whole family like when you lived up north.

On Palm Sunday this was the attendance:

early service - 55

contemporary - 121

late service - 192

Those numbers were all high, so Easter attendance will be HUGE because there were lots at both the early and late services. Usually mostly older people come to the early service. Gillian's family came today, but they don't usually. There were two other children, but that's because, like Gillian's family, there were family plans and they had to travel. Generally we have maybe 30 at the early service, 90 at contemporary, and 150 at the late service. It will be interesting to see what the numbers will be like with the nicer weather since I've only been at the church for seven months.

There is this elderly lady named Vicki who performed a monologue the month before Christmas, she was Elizabeth. Today she did a monologue of Salome who went to the tomb to anoint Jesus' body with burial spices along with the other women. She is a very good actress. Both times she did this at all three services. She did that before the sermon. The cross on the altar was covered with Easter lilies and was beautiful. At the end of the late service people from the congregation could join the choir to sing Handel's Hallelujah. It was beautiful! 

I also got to help with the kids when they had Sunday School. I was with the 5 and 6yo's. Miss Jen was the teacher and I guess her assistant went out of town without getting a sub. We were in the large room with kids up to 5th grade for a while. Then we went back to the SS room. There were 11 kids, including identical twin boys. Now, THOSE kids were a handful! They weren't bad, but they weren't nearly as well behaved as the Thursday night kids! Maybe when the Thursday night kids get more familiar with us, then they will be the same, but right now they have been very well behaved and nothing for Brianna to be negative about. 

Tomorrow at 2pm, hoping my tooth just "pops" out at the dentist appointment. We shall see.

Talk to you later!

George

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Hi Aurora. 

I forgot to tell you. I was helping this little boy in the Sunday school and he started talking about The Hunger Games and how kids kill each other. 

I was like O_O

I asked how he knew about that and he said his mom was watching the movie and telling him about it.

I was like O_O  O_O  O_O

I told him it's not good for kids or anybody to kill each other. Then I said, "The only thing we should talk about is how Jesus was killed for us - oops - died for us - and rose again - because of how much He loves us. So let's not talk about that movie again."

So, I felt like, O_O because of how I handled it. 

Ugh! =)

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

George,

I really wanted to type something to you already.  I started to a couple of times yesterday, but each time someone would need me for something and then I'd have to stop.  I really can't spend time right now--I still have to finish schoolwork and then get ready for this important thing--but I promise you that I will write back soon!

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

That is perfectly fine, Aurora. I appreciate your effort and letting me know. Same thing happens to me sometimes. We've been doing pretty well with writing to one another, though. When I see that you've read what I wrote, I always know you'll get back to me when you can. I also want to know how you're doing. Sometimes I can't always get back to you right away; we just do what we can. I hope you had a nice Easter. I get my tooth pulled soon. I'll let you know what happened. George

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Hi Aurora,

The dentist was very hopeful, but just like the other bottom tooth that got pulled, she had to take bone. "A lot" of bone. She said, "Let's never do this again, George, okay?" I'll be on a long course of antibiotics and I'll be taking double strength painkillers. My mom and I have to keep an eye on my temp because if it gets to 101°, then we have to go to the ER and ask for liquid antibiotics. Liquid for a few days, then liquid and mush for as long as I'll need it, which was 3 weeks the last time and she took more bone this time. Oh, joy! Well, I wanted to learn to be thankful in all things! I guess I'm in for a treat, huh?

George =)

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Hi George,

It's so awful that they had to take bone yesterday!  That stinks.  How have you been feeling?  Liquid and mush doesn't sound fun at all, never mind 3+ weeks!  And, as if this helps, don't forget about Jello!  Not sure if that counts as a liquid, but it's what I ate after getting my adenoids out.  You really shouldn't eat Jello and ice cream for 3 weeks straight, though....hmmmm....how about for 2 and a half weeks?  Then the other 3 days you can eat yogurt and green smoothies.  XD

It was funny to see how many people attended your church on Palm Sunday.  (Not in a mean way!  I had to re-write that sentence like 8 times.)  The churches in Florida get so super crazy over the winter.  We have people called "snow birds" who basically just visit during the winter and then go home for the summer.  Sometimes we don't even get a seat at church: a couple weeks ago I had to stand in the entryway.  Oh!  And my Mom (the dyslexic one XD) was in charge of what time we had to get there on Easter.  She got the time wrong by 30 minutes!  So instead of being early we walked in as it started.  Woops!

It sounds like you had a nice time on Easter; I'm glad.  We had a good day here, too. 

Your conversation with that little boy was hilarious!  But back to being serious: I never understood the morals with the Hunger Games.  A couple years ago it was a huge deal with kids my age and we weren't even teenagers yet!  I was like "You DO understand that they are KILLING eachother, right?" and I was just some uncool person who couldn't appreciate a "good" book.  I did start reading it a couple of years ago when I didn't know what it was about, but after like 2 chapters I returned it to the library.  

I have to go catch up on schoolwork.  I spent a good half-hour on the phone with Braille tech. support and now I'm behind.  My Mom needed her braille program updated and it took FOREVER.  Plus the netbook is super slow (we use it for brailling on-the-go), so the guy was like "I'm going to ask an insensitive question: why is your computer so slow?  And I'm going to ask a followup insensitive question: are you visually impaired?"  (The last one because the program that reads your screen to you takes a bit longer than not)  "No!  It's just old!"  XD 

I wanted to share a story with you about last night's meeting, but it will have to wait.  I really hope that you are feeling better soon!  Let me know.

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Hey George,

I REALLY hope that your tooth/jaw/mouth is feeling better!  That's pretty much the worst.  I'm not even sure really how to help, but this might work?  There's this hollow-ish spot behind your ear that is right next to/on the edge of your jaw. Using medium-ish pressure, push down with your finger (maybe use 2) and "pull" down following your jaw line.  Not sure at all if that will help for you, or even if it's a good idea with wherever the tooth was.  I have TMJ so a family friend (who is a medical massage-r) suggested that and maybe it will help for you, too.

The meeting was CRAZY!  I so want to share a ton of details and pretty much just complain, but it's probably not a smart idea over the internet.  Plus, in theory, anyone who was at the meeting could see this and then I'd get like suspended or something.  Basically it was a board meeting.  The problem is that no one tells me ANYTHING.  Then I show up clueless and upset.  Plus everyone is so catty and dramatic about everything!  And then today some person who, by the way, isn't even on the board and therefore shouldn't have access to our page, posted a big complaint about how we handled an issue.  And I was pretty much affronted.  Most of what she said wasn't even true.  She wasn't even at the meeting either!  Gah!  I wanted to most some very-nicely-worded mean words, but thankfully refrained.  People are so annoying!  And no one listened while I read the minutes from last meeting or called roll, BOTH of which takes me a long time to get organized.  Later in the meeting the attendance was questioned because someone forgot to report during roll and therefore couldn't vote.  I said "you didn't report" and he was just like "I didn't hear my name".  OH YEAH?  Well then you should've LISTENED because I know that I called your name clearly OR at the end when I ask if anyone wasn't called you should've spoke up.  Except for I didn't say any of that and just added his name.  And then later the minutes were questioned because an amendment wasn't written in the same as the chair had it written.  So she said "But I have it here, and I know that we discussed it" and that got me super upset because the minutes were approved as I had read them.  If someone had a problem with them they should've been listening and then told me then, not an hour later when they feel like it.  

Okay, that was TOTALLY a rant.  Sorry!  I didn't even want to complain or anything because I know that you haven't been feeling well and I didn't want to give you random-ness to have to deal with.  Sorry!

I finished Driver's Ed!  The finally test had so many spelling/grammar/English mistakes it wasn't even funny.   I barely understood the questions it was so bad!  I called my teacher and I'm going to get it changed because it was ridiculous.  

Talk later!  I hope you feel better soon!

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Hey Aurora,

Well, about the tooth and bone being taken out. I was sick last night. Four hours after I took my first dose of antibiotics and my pain pill, I puked. My mom had to call the dentist and we followed her instructions food-wise so I could take the next pain pill on time, but that didn't stay down. Two hours we tried the same thing with the antibiotic and that didn't work either. I was really tired and tried to go to bed, but then I was immediately wide awake. After laying there for two hours that seemed like six, I tried again so I could take three of my evening meds so I could sleep - success! I woke up this morning and was able to take my antibiotic. So, I'm to stick with ice cream and mashed potatoes for three more days. That is what worked for me the last time, but because of the sugar and carbs, I can't be on them the whole time. 

AND - I haven't needed my pain meds AT ALL now! No pain pills, Motrin, Tylenol, Aleve - nothing. So after the first pill, I really didn't have anything else and my mouth isn't hurting that much. I am obviously very happy and relieved about that! Whew!

I've been on the MB all day long. Tomorrow I'm going to go to the afternoon Bible study, but I will have to take some mashed potatoes with me and eat them before I see Mary Lyn right after the Bible study. I can eat them cold. If both of those things wear me out, I won't go to church at night and I have nothing planned for Thursday, so I can chill again.

That board meeting and the people involved sounds like a nightmare! I'm so sorry that you have to deal with such things. You sound like an adult with some of the things that you do. How do you get involved in that kind of stuff? Just curious. That all must be very stressful for you!

I'm glad that you finished your Driver's Ed course. That didn't take long at all! A final test that was written that badly? Jeez! 

I'll talk to you later! George

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Hey George,

I'm so glad that you were feeling better yesterday!  How about today?  Insomnia is also the worst (I apparently say that a lot XD), so I hope that you slept better last night.  Ice cream is not a bad thing!  What is your favorite kind?  I like chocolate chip cookie dough, but you probably can't eat that because of the chips.  Something smooth?  Maybe just chocolate.  Or Vanilla ice cream with fudge swirls!  YUM!  Cold mashed potatoes does not sound "YUM!", though.  Hmmm....

The board meeting was interesting at least.  I actually really like it or else I wouldn't go.  It's just the people that are involved are a little bit ridiculous.  Okay, maybe more than a little bit!  But other people probably find me "ridiculous", too, so I guess I can't complain.  Except for, I do.  XD  That's life!  

It's weird how I get into stuff like that.  To be honest, it all kind of just fell in my lap.  We randomly got the newspaper (which we didn't subscribe to) for maybe 3 weeks last year and that's when my Mom saw the ad for my braille teacher.  These meetings, too: I wanted to sign up for Girl Scouts and there were no openings or whatever so the lady gave me a list of other things I could do instead.  Huh!  It's weird, is it?  Again, that's how life works!

I actually finished Driver's Ed a week late, which gave my teacher a little fright (if you do recall).  It's supposed to only take 6 weeks and I took 7, but give me a break, lady!  We had spring break AND Easter in there!  The final test was ridiculous.  The sentences didn't even make sense.  Not in the way where they are trying to "trick" you or something, it was seriously like the person who wrote them didn't speak English.  Anways, the teacher said that they'll bring it up at the next teacher meeting.

I'm upset with myself because I never got my bow rehaired.  I mean, there wasn't even really time--what with Easter and everything--but it means that I haven't practiced all week.  And it's apparently going to take like 4 days for me to get it back after I drop it off at the repair place.  Seriously?  But it's because they have so many other people dropping off stuff that they just add it to the end of the line.  I'll probably have to cancel lessons now.  :(  Oh well.  I really should have tried harder to get it rehaired in time.    I wanted to go today, but my Dad's not in the best mood and there's no way he's going to go all the way to the music shop today (it's pretty far away).  

Back when I first started getting headaches I was pretty sure that it was my eyes' fault, so I was at the eye doctor all the time either trying out new contacts or getting my eyes tested.   I would be sure that my eyesight was blurry and the doctor insisted that the corrective lenses were perfect.  So I just gave up after a while and pretty much just got used to this eyesight.  I had to switch from contacts to glasses because my eyes were too dry and the contacts would just fall out.  I haven't really worried about my eyesight in forever, but now I think I need to get them tested again: oh joy!  Everything's getting blurry in a weird and different way than when my prescription gets too weak, though; it's hard to explain.  It's like even though I can see the words correctly, I feel like I can't.  And my eyes hurt.  The universe hates me all of a sudden.  Here: pay for your violin!  And your bow!  And an eye appointment!  And new lenses!  GAH!!!!  

Yeah, I'm full of complaints, aren't I?  Sorry about that.  The universe kind of hates you all of a sudden, too, though.  I mean, it just had you go get a chunk of your mouth chiseled out.  That sounds like an act of hatred to me!

Enough of this.  I have to go finish school work and then probably go do something outside with my sister.  I've been swimming lately, so I haven't been biking in a while.  Sounds like a good idea!

Talk later,

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

The adventures with Minute Rice continue!  This time my sister forgot to boil the water.  People!  There are two steps: 1. boil water 2. add rice and cover.  My family scares me....so far I've eaten watery rice, raw rice, and now non-boiled-water rice.  What's next?!?  XD

This rice will probably taste fine.  Just thought you might need a laugh.  Hope you are feeling well!

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Hi Aurora,

I had written most of a post to you, then, whoa, like freaky stuff happened just because I hit enter. All that is supposed to do is give me space in between paragraphs! Sometimes, though, it takes me back a couple of pages to the MB or something and I just hit the forward button so that I get to the post and keep writing. THIS time it went back and back and then the whole site was just gone. GONE! That whole tab – disappeared! So very, very annoying. So, I’m writing on Word and I’ll take my time, so I’m not sure when exactly I’ll post this.

Mmm, crunchy and/or runny rice! Ha! I would kind of understand if it were the regular long cooking rice – whenever I’ve tried that it doesn’t cook right. But Minute Rice shouldn’t be that much of a problem. You seem to be very understanding. Maybe you should have a rice cooking lesson with all of your siblings at the same time so they can learn how to cook it. I can’t imagine they like crunchy and/or runny rice, either!

I didn’t go to the midday Bible study yesterday. I didn’t want to take cold mashed potatoes and I was feeling worse. I have a cold and I’m going back and forth between not breathing and sneezing. I hate the not breathing (you know this better than I do). The sneezing hurts my jaw. The Bible study is 1-1/2 hours long and I usually see Mary Lyn for about two hours. I didn’t go to church last night because I was just worn out and not feeling well. Bad sore throat, the pain where the bone had to be chipped. My mom got me some liquid ibuprofen and that has helped. Probably better than the pain pill even though it had worked the last time.

Also, my foot is still hurting. The plantar fasciitis is better, but my heel hurts a lot. My hip was hurting Tues and Wed. I can’t seem to win! I need to do the exercises, but I have to wait until next week sometime to start those again. It takes over an hour to do the exercises for both my hip and my foot. I guess I’ll just have to put some music on or listen to an extra-long sermon. I like listening to Francis Chan and yesterday Pastor Cathy gave me the names of some other people to listen to.

My favorite ice creams are chocolate peanut butter, cookie dough – though I add chocolate, and chocolate cookies and cream. I like chocolate! :D I did have some orange creamsicle, too, though.

It is kind of weird how things happen. I’ve never heard there not being enough room in Girl Scouts, though. At least through the newspaper you shouldn’t have received you and your mom got involved with the braille thing and you are doing this board meeting thing. I’m sure it’s fine most times, but every once in a while even good things can be a pain in the rear end!

That must be a real bummer that you haven’t been able to play your violin. I never knew that bows got “rehaired”. I’ve never thought about it much, either, but it does sound kind of weird.

Do you go to an ophthalmologist? I’m glad I go to this new place. They are Christians and while I was in the waiting room in between seeing the assistant and seeing the doctor I saw someone from my church who works there. In church I overheard her talking to someone about how nice it is to work there. Apparently they do workshops every once in a while in which the office is closed for half a day. They did something to find out what their gifts are and how they can use it to build their team and to better serve their patients. The assistant did way more stuff with me that the one did at the last place I was at and she explained why she was doing everything. Nobody had ever explained things like that before. The doc was very nice. He asked why I had gone to see my last ophthalmologist twice a year. I told him that is what they wanted me to do and they kept doing visual field tests because they were concerned about my lens being thin or something. I felt like they did the visual field all of the time and I never understood why. He said they would do a visual field in six months and if it came back fine, then I’d just come see them once a year unless I had any problems. I also got a prescription for new glasses that will have me seeing 20/15, which is awesome! The assistant barely had to do anything to get the prescription, either. I won’t get my glasses for a few months, but I can’t wait to see what it’s like to see 20/15! (HEY - that's the year! Freaky!)

I don’t think I’ve told you about the eagles in a while. I was watching them all of the time, but I haven’t really looked at them in a whole week. The chicks are growing up! Before they just looked like fuzz balls with huge eyes and beaks. Now I can see their wings. They also used to fight all of the time, but they don’t really fight anymore. The nest is LITTERED with food! There must be about 15 fish around the nest; most are in a state of decay now. They ate a couple of birds before the chicks were born. There is also a skunk and a squirrel in there. I watched mama pull the hair off of the squirrel. There was also, supposedly, a nesting mouse, but it was too big for that. IDK what it was. Eagles (and most birds) have a really poor sense of smell, which is good, since they aren’t good housekeepers when it comes to getting rid of their old food! It has been fun watching them, though. I’ll have to get back to watching them before they grow up and “fledge” – fly away.

Okay, time to eat more ice cream and take some more medicines. I will talk to you later. I hope your dinner was better than your lunch!

George =)

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Hey George,

That's so weird with the post you were typing!  Sometime the MB gets crazy like that.

I don't even know what it is about Minute Rice that befuddles my family.  I'm pretty sure they'd have more success with the "real" stuff!

Yuck, I hope your cold goes away soon!  The whole sneezing-hurting-your-jaw thing sounds like when you get a sore throat and need to cough/swallow/anything really.  But probably worst because jaw pain is awful.  I just realized that you have a sore throat, too.  You're a mess!  XD  

Do you actually like the taste of cold mashed potatoes?  Because that sounds kind of disgusting to me.  No offense!  I don't like hot mashed potatoes either, though... 

I hope that your hip and foot are feeling better today.  An hour is a lot of exercises!  You were saying that you might listen to a sermon...Have you ever watched Chris Stefanick?  He is a speaker that we listen to a lot at youth group and ccd.  He's Catholic, so I'm not sure if any of what he says differs from your beliefs, but he's a really understandable and relatable.  Some of the videos we watched last year were just really boring (just some random old priest), but this guy is super entertaining!  Like, I would voluntarily watch Chris speak.  

I think I am just going to buy a new violin bow.  That is what the repair shop suggested and at first my Dad didn't want to get a new one, but it's going to be the same price to get a new one as it would cost to get this one fixed.  My Dad is funny about my violin stuff: he's never played an instrument in his life (and he can't sing either XD), but he loves looking at the violin catalogs and websites and stuff.  He researches rosin, no joke!  It's good for me, though, not complaining!  Anyways, now I just need to make it to the store and pick out a new bow!  

Your ophthalmologist sounds super awesome!  I have been going to this eye doctor that is inside of a Walmart.  Don't judge!  I actually HATE Walmart, but this lady is really good at her job and super nice.  The thing that got me sold was when she does those sting-y eyedrops to dilate your pupils or whatever, she has you shut your eyes and then she just massages it in.  No stinging!  But I'm going to go to someone different this time because the Walmart lady doesn't know what's wrong with my eyes.  I need to go to someone with more education in the field of messing with peoples' eyes!

I was just wondering about the eagles!  I'm glad that they aren't fighting as much.

I have to go now.  I said that I was only going to type something really short--not more than 10 minutes.  Now it's been almost an hour!  I have work to do!

Talk later,

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Hey Aurora,

I saw Crystal today and volunteered at the library. I was there for 4-1/2 hours. Even though I felt terrible it was quite distracting and I got almost all of the project done. It will take an hour or less to finish up, then I'm back to the regular stuff.

No, I do not like cold mashed potatoes (I like the cheesy kind), but it's better than taking yogurt or something and having it go bad.

I think you should go to an actual doctor's office where they have ophthalmologists. If somebody is working in Walmart, then I wouldn't trust them, personally, if they can't get into a practice or something. That's just me, though. Where I go now there are nine doctors. They all specialize in something. cataract surgery, glaucoma, diabetes, dry eyes, plastic surgery of the eyes, Lasik. This one doc who is a veteran who was an eye doctor in the army and trained residents in a hospital said that he chose to be an eye doctor because there are a lot of diseases and health problems that can be diagnosed just by looking into the eye. The director is one of only four eye doctors in the whole Commonwealth of PA who can perform a certain kind of surgery! I finally feel like I'm in good hands. With your other medical issues and trouble with your eyes, you should see who is the best where  you live!

I'm going to go. I might be online for a while, but I'm planning on going to bed early and read and hopefully just fall asleep. I feel blech!

George =)

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Hi George,

That's a long time that you spent at the library!  It is a good thing that you had a distraction, though.  Just sitting around always makes everything hurt more.

Yeah, we're going to find a "real" eye doctor.  That lady was just good (for my younger siblings especially) because of how she did the eye drops.  Everything is always "an hour" away (no matter what part of Florida), so I'm sure that there is a nice eye doctor's office around here somewhere.

I am such a klutz: last night I hit my head TWICE!  Smooth, Aurora.  Anyways, I told myself that I wouldn't wake up for a long time in the morning, I just wanted to lay there and maybe read.  It's not like I ever even wake up early at all--usually 10-ish--but it's nice not to have any responsibility.  I knew that it was my day for the dishes, but I figured I'd cross that bridge when I got to it.  And it felt so GOOD!  But then I opened my door and I was like "Oh, yeah.  I actually have to do work today".  Total mood killer.  XD  

I'm feeling better today than the past two days, so that's good.  Today I didn't do too much.  I planned my couponing for tomorrow and did some flight lessons.  Which I've probably never told you about!  Basically (about a year ago now) I got into this program that encourages young people to become pilots.  When I got started I got to go up in a plane and actually fly it which was so many levels of awesome.  And then I was given a login for free ground school flight lessons: pretty much a video playlist.  But because I was trying to stretch myself to do so many things at once I never finished the course.  So I started up again!  It's super fun and I really love it!  I'm not sure what I'm going to do after flight school, though.  Flight lessons are crazy expensive.  This program helps you find scholarships to pay for all that, so I'll apply for those when I take a day to do college scholarships.  Hopefully I don't have to pay too much for the lessons!

I want to get into yoga or something.  I really should get into working out.  Right now I go outside every day--it was biking and going to the park for a while and lately I've been swimming--but I need to start actually doing sit-ups and stuff.  Blech.  But I want to get in shape!  It is hard for me because I get out of breath so quickly, but I've been using that as an excuse for WAY too long.  I'm thinking that yoga might be good because it is slower?  I don't know.  I'm actually fairly flexible and I really love watching gymnastics, but even just doing the splits gets me out of breath.  Gah!  It's really annoying.  

I have a friend coming over next week which is exciting.  I don't have a lot of friends and they hardly ever come over.  I've never had that "sure, be there in 5" kind of friendship.  I don't really "click" with normal people; I'm such a stereo-typical homeschooler!  I'm the one who is polite to people I don't know, doesn't swear, etc.  Whenever I'm in a group, even if none of the people have never met, everyone talks like they've known each-other for their whole lives.  I am so not that comfortable.  I'm so awkward!  I turn "do you want a cookie?" into an awkward encounter! (true story)  But I still find some stereo-typical homeschoolers weird.  Like, please-don't-talk-to-me weird.  And most public school kids scare me.  Like, the things they talk about are awful.  And little kids are always swearing!  There's the guy at my youth group who is homeschooled, too, and whenever people are talking about bad public school experiences where just like "homeschooling!".  Anways, that got way off topic.  Basically she's going to come over so that we can play Doublecross.  Remember that game?  It's the one that you play with the cards from the first 39 Clues books.  That's why I was telling you about her coming over in the first place!  I thought that the fact that they used the name of their game for the series name of their new books was kind of unoriginal.  I don't think anyone really plays doublecross anymore...

It's been a long time again!  I was going to go swimming...I should probably still go.  Maybe I'll go biking instead because I think that the water has been really drying out my skin and stuff.  My leg keeps breaking out really bad: two days ago I woke up because it itched so much and then last night I couldn't fall asleep because it felt like I was laying on needles.  My sleep has been pretty bad lately, it seems!  The night in-between those two events I woke up coughing like crazy because I fell asleep weird and then like stopped breathing, I guess.  Hopefully I sleep good tonight.  And you too!  Get some good sleep!  Sleep fights everything, right?  Because of energy and stuff?  I don't know.  XD

Talk later,

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Hi Aurora,

My post never went through. Go figure.

I'll respond another time. My cold is worse.

My pain is worse. I'm having to take the pain pills - 1/2 of one at a time.

I'm sleeping more.

I'll be disappointed if I miss church again.

I have 33 pages left to finish Mission Titanic. XD

George

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

George--

I'm sorry that you're feeling worse!  At least you're almost done with Mission Titanic?  Yeah, that really doesn't justify anything.  How's the book anyways?

Hope you feel better soon,

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Hi Aurora,

I still feel sucky. I didn't go to church. I missed Wednesday, now today. I don't have any appointments until Tuesday, so hopefully I'll feel better soon. Pastor Cathy has been on vacation. Although she did her two Bible studies on Wednesday, I'm pretty sure she wasn't in church today. I am very disappointed in our church website. They have the bulletins on there and I wanted to see what was happening today since I wasn't there and P. cathy is on vacation, but the last bulletin they have is PALM SUNDAY! 

I finished Mission Titanic. It's a pretty good book and a great start to the series. There isn't anywhere on the site to put in the book clues, which stinks. There has ALWAYS been a place to put in the book clues. 

I haven't done the mission yet. I should since I heard it's not about being a gamer this time - it's all about codes. I've already pretty easily guessed who the Outcast probably is, but not from the book or any past books. From the book clues, the ecards, and googling stuff based on those two things. Sunshine posted that the mission pretty much tells you who the Outcast is and his deduction is the same as mine and we came from two totally different tracks to reach the same conclusion.

Have you read all of the books? How many do you own? I own all of them. The only one I haven't read is an ebook called Midnight Ride. It's on my phone and as soon as I close it, then it's gone and I have to download it again. I wish I could put it with my other 39C ebooks which are on my Kindle app even though I don't have a Kindle. They are on both my phone and computer. There always has to be one that bucks the system! LOL

I may as well read it today during the times that I'm awake. I'm always really tired and/or sleeping. I just hope I feel better/get better soon.

Having read MT is causing me to want to reread the books. IDK if I will, but I'd like to. I don't have much else to read except for Christian books.  - learning books, not fun-to-read books. I have lots of other books on my shelves which I haven't read, but I certainly don't feel up to reading any of them right now. 

OMGOSH!!! - I already DID the mission and didn't know it, that is how LAME it is! SERIOUSLY! The entire mission itself would usually constitute ONE PART of an ENTIRE mission in the past! Talk about getting lazy with us! 

I see you are on. Sending this.

George =)

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Hi,

It's stinks that you still feel awful.  I hope that you'll be able to go on Wednesday!  I know how much you really like going to your church.  You said that you've been sleeping or sleepy a lot; does that mean that your sleeping well?  Or just that you're exhausted and not really getting any rest?  

I have some questions about how your church denomination works, but not sure if this is really the best time considering the fact that you're not really feeling the best.  Plus I'm tired and can't really form words very well right now!  How about this: I'll think about what I want to ask and then type it up tomorrow or Tuesday. 

I never really did that missions too much because I'm not a big video game-type person.  I like codes so maybe I'll do this one.  I remember doing one with Tesla...  Hmmm...

I have so much more I want to type, but I really need to shower!  I was on earlier, but only for like 7 seconds to see if you had replied.  I hate how I can't post anything on the MB from my Kindle!  It's super old and I really do need to get a new one (because this one is sure to die eventually *knocks on woods*), but it works fine enough.  Anways, I was out and about today and pretty much didn't do a lot at the house.  Sent a couple emails, transferred some files for my Mom, practiced for my driver's test...that's pretty much it!  I have a long list of stuff I have to do tomorrow, so I want to be well rested.  

I hope you sleep well and feel better tomorrow!  I'll keep praying for you.  

Talk later,

~Aurora

P.S sorry if this was totally disorganized and just random, I'm currently operating on sub-par sleep ;) 

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Oh my gosh, that whole thing was so disjointed!  Sorry about that!  I woke up early today.  It's only 9 and I've already finished half of my to-do list!  Are you feeling a bit better today?

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Hey George,

Are you feeling okay?  I don't think you've been on today, which is totally fine, but I just wanted to make sure you were doing alright.  Has your cold gone away yet?

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Hay Aurora, Yeah, just now got on. Producing so much snot it's ridiculous. Still in pain. Sleeping a lot, but at the wrong times. Don't feel like reading or anything even. My sugar was just 323. It should be around 100. So yeah, I'm a mess. Maybe I'll be back tomorrow. Who knows if I'll be in church Wed or Thurs? Don't know.

Hope you are okay. George

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Hi George,

I really don't even know what to tell you.  I've literally been staring at the blinking cursor for like 5 minutes trying to come up with something.  What do you want to hear?  Sometimes when I'm feeling super awful I just like reading your posts because then life seems more normal.  But other times I really just need to be sick for a while and just talk about how stupid everything is.  Gah.  So I'll just do both.  I'll type a little randomness in case that's what you want, but also a reply to you being sick.  Here it goes:

(Invisible ink because this is mostly just a really long complaining session)

So yesterday my friend came over and it was really nice.  We played Doublecross, made rice krispy treats, and then played Catchphrase for like 2 hours.  I haven't seen her in months, so it was nice.  She's an odd character, though.  Pretty much the poster child for "unschooling".  Seriously never touches a textbook, probably doesn't even know how to do multiplication or division, confused at the simplest of ideas, etc.  I feel bad for her honestly.  She's also also going for her driver's permit soon and she didn't even know that you had to take the TLSAE course.  

Remember how I told you how my relatives were so not impressed by my getting into that program?  (Little background info: the program is educational and helps me finish high school and college way early)  So it turns out that when my great-aunt was over for Easter my older brother said something about how our cousins (who go to a fancy expensive private school) get a better education than him.  Probably wasn't even a full coversation; just an offhanded comment.  Anyways, this lady HATES homeschooling.  So when she was talking to my aunt(the one who does the big Easter get together) she said that we weren't getting a good education.  Our family gossips.  This was just the first step in a classical "tall tale".  Before you know it it's being passed around.  We were the story at Easter. And now it's being said that we don't learn anything.  At all.  And my grandmother--the one who saw me read before I could talk, who was there when I skipped 8th grade, the first relative to know about all my test scores, who was in the room while I pushed my brother to study for the SATs, the one who's heard me talk about my curriculum all these years--she was super upset with my mom for not teaching us.  Seriously?  My Mom's a teacher!  How can you think I'd be getting a better education by going to public school when I would have the same person as my teacher?!?     

That was a RANT.  If you wanted normal than there you go.  XD  

It's awful that you're feeling so bad.  Is the high blood sugar from the ice cream?  Because 323 is way up there.  Are you breathing a bit better at least?  Hopefully you get to go to church this week; I know how much you look forward to it.  Is there anything I can do?  I've been praying for you.

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Yeah, I'm pretty sure no matter how bad/well you are feeling, no one ever wants to read a rant.  That looks really ugly.  Blech.  Sorry about that.  

I really hope you're feeling a little bit better.  Because, seriously!  Being sick is just terrible.  

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Hey Aurora,

That was super nice of you to write to me like you did. Thank you for praying for me. No worries about the rant. Remember, I don't mind that kind of thing. I woke up around 4pm. I'm finally feeling a bit better, I guess. My sleep is backwards and I'll have to get that turned around, which has never been easy for me to do. I'm still taking the pain pills, but 1/2 a pill, which is the proper dose. I'm still on those antibiotics, too. I have LOTS of them! =)

Yeah, the 323 was probably due to the ice cream and the mashed potatoes. Pain as well. I think even being miserable factors in. XD  The insulin should have made the number lower. I've been running around 150, which is high, but when I'm sick like this, that's kind of normal for a while even with the insulin. It took a LOT of insulin to get that 323 down to a decent number, though!

I'm getting back to normal regarding food. I don't have to stick with the mush anymore. I am eating a lot of Greek yogurt. I add protein powder to it. I've had some frozen bananas, 1/2 of a banana at a time. It will be a while til I get totally back to real food, but it's a start. Drinking like a fish, too! I gained almost 10 lbs from eating ice cream and mashed potatoes. The last time I did this and had the same diet, but for three weeks because I was worse (but without the cold), I lost weight! I need to exercise until I can walk. My foot still hurts. It's much better, but the heel hurts. The receptionist said to give it more time and wait until I feel better from my extraction, but by then it'll be time to see the doc for my follow up.

It's really weird. When I wash my hands - and we've used the same bottled soap forever - my hands feel greasy from the soap. Since that weird sensation change would begin in my brain, who knows what's going on. Since I haven't really felt like reading, I am reading this kid's book, All-of-a-Kind Family by Sydney Taylor. It was originally written in 1951. It's an adorable book that I read probably when I was 8yo. When my mom and I went to a thrift store last week for a quick stop, I found it and a couple of other books like it that are in really good condition. We buy kids books like that for the nieces and nephews. This book is based on the author's life and is about five sisters living in NYC just before WWI. It's a Jewish family in a Jewish neighborhood. I think Abigail (she just turned 10) will like it because it's historical and she will get to learn about Jewish traditions, which is important in our family since we support Israel. My Grandma has gone there so many times, so it will give Abigail something to talk to Grandma about. Since they live next door now, Abigail has been popping in very often to talk to my Grandma. They are building an even closer relationship than before. It makes me jealous, but living two hours from them and having to go when it works for EVERYBODY, it is what it is. There are three other books in the series, but maybe she can read them from the library IF she likes the book well enough. It is extremely wholesome, so that will make my sister happy. 

Jocelyn turns 8 at the end of May. She had been behind in reading. I think she still is, but I don't know where she is at right now. The last time we went and we gave her some chapter books that weren't too hard, I found out she's not into chapter books yet. She just got a bad start at the Christian school they went to until this year. They never did anything about her reading problems. We got Joce a joke book and chapter book from the movies Madagascar. The girls love those movies and Mary loves them, too. She especially likes King Julian. So, when I wrap those up for her birthday, I'm going to write, "For Jocelyn and Mommy". Mary will be just as happy to see the books as Joce will! 

I've been doing lots of word puzzles, too. I like all kinds of word puzzles, so that's what I'm doing at night when I can't sleep. I don't do them much at any other time. Even though I love word puzzles, I have to be really bored and in the mood. Do you do anything like that? It sounds as if you have enough to keep you busy, though!

Your extended family is a trip! Your brother makes one comment like that and now the whole family thinks you guys are deprived educationally! Wow! That's sad. You are so intelligent and do so many other things in an extra-curricular way that it's crazy. I don't like it when people judge, especially when they are sooo far off base! Your mom is a teacher? That's an insult to her and your whole family. That is so hurtful. Just wait - you'll show them in the long run!!

I checked out the eagles today. The chicks are starting to get real feathers in, which means the gray fuzz will be going away. The feathers are very soft and white, but they are longer than the fuzz. Since I've been asleep during the day, I haven't been seeing them much. My Grandma said it looks like the new growth makes them itchy because the chicks are scratching all of the time. It will be nice to see all of the transitions they go through.

I guess I should go. I'm so tired, but i don't want to go to sleep, of course. I need to watch a movie or something, I guess. I will talk to you more later!

George =)

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_