Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Branch: Ekaterina

George,

I've noticed the missing posts thing.  I have taken to saving all substantial messages.

It's nice that you're taking a little vacation away from online stuff.  Enjoy it!

Sorry that I have been so random and not-really-posting lately.  I am feeling a bunch better today (plus I think the Sinusitis is going down!) and I will write up something for you this weekend.  I'm making a cake today for my Mom, so I might not finish typing it up today, but you will definitely have something when you check in on Monday!

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

"I'm not asking for a million years or never or forever.  I'm asking for one day only.  Today." ~Irina

"Be happy with what you have while working for what you want" ~Helen Keller

Aurora

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Hi George!

So I just wanted to thank you for putting up with me for...well, for all the time that I've know you, but mostly just for the entirety of "Page 4".  I have been really...difficult...lately.  Woah.  And flighty.  I mean, I've hardly replied fully to any of your wonderful, well-thought-out letters, which is incredibly rude of me.  So I am truly sorry.  So I'm going to try now!  Thank you for being such a kind and self-less person.  :)

How is your speech going?  It's great that you were able to make it sound more "normal".  I totally struggle with that.  Even during business meetings I never talk like normal.  So you're a step ahead of me already!  

And Physical Therapy?  Is that going better?  It was going along really awfully for a while there.  And those doctor's appointments?  Is your BP better?  How are you feeling in general?  Can you still walk or is it too cold?  So many questions!

Is your cat feeling better?  Hopefully!  My dog hasn't been doing so hot so we finally got her an appointment.  Now that I think of it....it's probably tomorrow?  Oh gee!  So glad I semi-remembered that!  Thanks a million, George!

Speaking of remembering things: have you noticed that your memory is getting better?  It would be so nice if it was.  I should probably re-start walking around with a notepad writing down every errant thought.  Blech.  I've gotten better at retracing my thoughts, though.  Like, if I remember what my last thought was, then a good amount of the time I can trace it back to what I'm trying to remember.

And at your church?  Hungry Hearts going smoothly?  Oh, how about the shut-in cards?  

I remember you mentioned being frustrated with the "Defenders".  What's that, really?  Like bullying?  I understand the struggle between not wanting to be comanding, but at the same time wanting to get stuff done.  That's pretty much my life.  :)

Yup, I do "that couponing thing".  ;) It's actually pretty fun; kind of like a scavenger hunt or a spy mission or something.  I actually went today and bought a ton of tissues because we were out.  *Shrugs* just one of the billion hobbies/activities that I decided to immerse myself into for no apparent reason.  ;)

Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to semi-briefly talk about myself.  ;)  I could be all negative (it's actually super tempting), but I ought to start really honoring my Lenten Promise (to be more appreciative).  Plus complaining isn't attractive.  So here's the bright side:

I'm pretty sure that my whole sinus swelling is going down, which feels like Heaven.  I feel like my face should look weird (because my sinus bone/muscles/thing is like trying to escape my face), but I don't think it really looks any different than normal (which, to be fair, probably is weird).  Hopefully it ends soon.  It's coming up on 4 weeks, which is plenty long enough for me!  I might have another month or so to go, though, because I usually get Chronic Sinusitis.  But, again, I'm glad that at least it doesn't hurt as bad!  

I have actually been feeling pretty positively about my body in as non-narcissistic of a manner as possible.  I mean, I used to bike, but now I actually go out every day and bike and run around (or pathetic, trying-as-hard-as-I-can movement) with my little sister.  And it really does work wonders.  I mean, yes, I do feel pretty lame not being able to do more than short little sprints of "tag", but I think I'm getting better.    

Here's something weird: when most people can't breathe they like, wheeze or cough a ton or pant or some other method of trying to take in as much new oxygen as possible.  Plus, this alerts those around said person that he/she might possibly need help.  But for some reason I just stop breathing.  It's literally like my lungs give up; they're not even trying anymore! And no one around me actually has any visual clues of any of this happening either.  Which is a blessing and a curse.  I never actually get "asthma attacks" or whatever, because I pretty much live out an asthma attack.  So I just can't really talk while out of breath and continue to live a normal life.  But, then again, I'm not very forward about mentioning things like "I can't breathe!", so no one every knows.  Meh.

I got out with my mom today which was super fun.  I miss being around her as much.  She finally got to send in this hugely-important braille thing that she's been working on forever, so that's the cause for a cake.  I made the actual layers (one vanilla butter, one chocolate butter) yesterday and then I'll probably decorate it tomorrow.  Or at least make the filling and icing tomorrow and then frost during the week.  I just love making cakes, but I honestly don't make too many.  So this is so much fun for me!

How was your weekend away?  I hope you had some relaxation and productivity.  I am really not one for "relaxation" because it just drives me crazy most of the time, but it is totally necessary.  Don't forget it!  But, only if you are productive the rest of your time; you can't always relax or its called "being lazy"!  

I just randomly wanted to ask: can you have chocolate?  Being diabetic.  Dark chocolate at least is good, right?  I wanted to say that I was glad I didn't have to deal with being diabetic, but then realized that sounded really mean.  Because you do have to "deal with" it.  But then I said it anyway because I meant it in the "props to you, I don't think I could do what you do" way.  A non-offensive intention, I swear.  

Thank you again, George, because talking to you is amazing.  

Oh wait!  I just remembered, I totally told my friend (long story short, she moved away) a bit about me being sick.  That was like 2 days ago and I haven't heard back from her, but I did.  Email kinda stinks that way because I'll never really know if she read it and didn't reply, or is just having a fabulous weekend excursion away from any and all emails from yours truly.  So I haven't heard from her in a while now (she's flighty) and I just sent out a "hey" and then actually got something back!  And it was like substantial, too.  So maybe 2 emails later she asked me a couple questions, one of which being "How have you been?".  And I started to just brush it off, but then re-wrote it truthfully.  I said that yes, I was usually happy, but I have been really sick lately.  And it felt so good.  Yup.  But now I feel slightly awful because she hasn't written back.  Just telling myself that I am probably over-reacting!  

Okay.  Now: thanks again, George.  For everything.

~Aurora

• Posted at:

"I'm not asking for a million years or never or forever.  I'm asking for one day only.  Today." ~Irina

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Branch: Lucian

Wow! You wrote so much, Aurora!

I will get back to you as soon as I can, but it might not be until Tuesday night. I need to wrap Christmas presents (yeah, I know!) for my Grandma and nieces and nephews. I'd never done that since we never had a solid date of when we would be visiting. Tomorrow I have appts and then a meeting at church in the evening about the children's ministries and since it's my first, I have no idea how long that will be. Then I have an appt Wed and evening church, plus packing and trying to do some school work ahead before leaving Th-F-S. I see Dawn tonight to go over my testimony and then we're going to practice in the sanctuary. I went up to the podium Sunday when nobody was in there for a few minutes - so intimidating compared to the floor level, but I really think I'll need the podium since I'll need notes and maybe something to hold onto. 

I talked to Cindy "the hugger" yesterday. Her husband is head usher this month, so she sits with different people. I told her I would be giving my testimony and that other than Pastor Cathy, I trusted her the most. She got all huggy and teary and said that made her feel really special. I told her that I wanted to be able to sit with her Sunday so I would have a safe place to return to when I was done. I also wanted to be able to focus on her when I was speaking since that seemed to be the best thing to do - focus on someone who I felt comfortable with. She said yes to both, of course.

After I got home I realized that I should share my testimony with her before Sunday so she could know why I feel the way I do. Because the only person in the whole church who knows my story is Pastor Cathy. She knows I'm going to mention the bullying without giving details, but that's it. She said she would wait for the testimony and that she trusted the discernment of Dawn and me. So, I think Cindy should know about the bullying and what I'm going to say about how God helped me to deal with it before I actually give the testimony. I don't want her to think it's some normal teen thing or just a "God-incidence" (coincidence in which God is evident) or something. So, I'm going to meet with her before youth group Wed night for about 20 minutes. Plus, that way she will be able to pray for me from then until Sunday.

I have it all written out now. I've changed the wording so many times. I emailed it to my Grandma and she liked what I wrote. When I try to read it slowly as I should when I present it, it's longer than five minutes, but I really don't think Pastor Cathy will mind. This Sun way missions Sunday, which I hadn't known, and the last service went 1/2 over because of the testimonies. She was okay with it. There are potentially two parts where I might get teary. I'm going to practice a lot with my Grandma while I'm with her.

And, I DIDN'T put up with you or anything. We BOTH have our moments! That is what friends are for! I am glad that things are looking and feeling better for you. The next time I write, I will respond to what you wrote, I promise!

George =)

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

wonderwhip,            ●~

and an amazecherry on top!

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Hey George,

How did your appointments go?  Hopefully all's well.

Your testimony must be done now, right?  Or at least like the scripted part.  

I am so annoyed today.  Yesterday my older brother was in such a bad mood.  Blech because you know how contagious that is.  Plus it was his day to do the dishes and he never loads the dish washer correctly (I swear I'm the only one who can figure it out!  It's not the hard people!).  Best part is that I have the dishes today, so I have to do twice the work because none of the dishes from yesterday got clean.  Double blech.  Okay, maybe not double the work, I just had to re-run the washer, but that means that I have to do all the dishes from today from when the washer was running.

And today little sister is just all attitude.  And that's even worse!  My dad took her computer so that he could do work, and she needed to do school.  So she was on my computer all day.  I mean seriously, it's one and I just got on.  And the dishes aren't done yet, either!  Or the laundry even though I'm going to have to change sometime today out of this random shawl thing and into something I can play violin in.  How long does the dryer take anyways?  It's been forever.    

And because I'm all about ranting: my friend hasn't even emailed me back.  UGH!  She's so like that, too.  I can't even give her benefit-of-the-doubt.  She's always: "Oh, I miss you so much!  Let's email each other every day and share our feelings!" and then I'm like "Okay!".  She shares her thoughts, I reply.  I share my thoughts, radio silence.

Yeah, this is pretty awful isn't it.  I've pretty much mastered the art of complaining.  Sinusitis is like going down a bit more, though.  *Half-smile*  Who knows, it might actually go completely away before it comes back again!  Yeah, that wasn't nice either.  

I have to do some schoolwork now, hope everythings well with you.

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Hey Aurora, 

It's late, so I cannot stay on for very long. I'm sorry that you are having a yucky day because of siblings and double duty dirty dishes and stuff. Those kind of things can be extremely annoying and set a person in a bad mood quickly, I know.

My PT ended and my mom talked to the head therapist about how Brittany added the 20 lb all at one time even after I'd been sick for two weeks and how she made me do all of these hard exercises besides and I hurt for like three days afterward, so hopefully they will do something about it.

Yes, I've rewritten my testimony so many times! It is finally done, though. Dawn liked it when I read it to her and give her eye contact. We practiced with me at the pulpit and her in the sanctuary so I could get the feel for it. She really liked the testimony.

Pastor Cathy sent me an email Wed morning at 7:30 saying she'd been in touch with Dawn. According to Dawn, my message was a bit long, but she didn't think any of it should be cut, so P. Cathy wanted me to come in so she could look over it and see if we could alter it in any way. So, I emailed her back, sure, whatever. My testimony is 5-6 minutes long. So, I met her in her office and I told her that before I read it for Dawn it was over six minutes probably because I was compensating for trying not to talk fast. When I'd been practicing since then, it was more like 5 minutes long. She said she didn't need to see it, then, that's all that she needed to know. She already removed one piece from the bulletin to make sure that I would be able. My spiritual therapist read it at home and texted me on my mom's phone about how proud of me that she is, to be so transparent. She will be praying for me on Sunday and she prays that my message of forgiveness, but leaving the justice and mercy up to God, will touch people's hearts and help them to let go of bitterness and other things they may have been holding onto. I pray that she's right!

I'm practicing with my Grandma Thursday. I saw the girls this afternoon and evening. They are growing up sooo quickly! I won't get to see the boys except for a few hours on Saturday, but I'm grateful for even that much time with them!   

Mary Lyn reminded me that Jesus will be standing in that pulpit right with me and that everything will be okay - He is there for me since I am stepping out in faith for Him. I'm excited and nervous, but mostly excited, I think.

Take good care of yourself and I'll get back to you when I can!!!

George =)

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Hey Geoge,

First off, sorry about that last post.  I was in a mood.  Plus English wasn't on my side and some of those sentences had a different meaning than what I intended.  

Secondly, can you please go to one of the threads I recently posted on?  "An Awesome Cause to Check Out".  And report it please.  The kid posted his school's name along with a ton more information that should not  a) been posted in the first place and b) still be up.  I've reported it myself several times and posted once or twice, but it's still there.  

I think that PT ending is a good thing!  Right?  Because that was practically torture for you.  Here's hoping that the head therapist does something!

It is so nice to hear that your testimony is doing so fabulously!  I'm sure you'll do awesome!

I wanted to post so much more, but it's already getting late and I have done zero work.

Talk Later,

~Aurora  

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Oh my gosh, HOW DID YOUR TESTIMONY GO?  I really, really, really hope that it went well!!!  I'm like 100% sure that you rocked it, but just give me some details please!!!!

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Hey Aurora!

How are you? I had a WONDERFUL time with my Grandma and with my nieces and with my nephews! It was just so great. I was so glad that I was able to visit before my testimony because my Grandma was able to help me to add emotion and emphasis into my testimony. Since I've never done it before, it was hard for me to think of doing it like that even though it was written like I normally talk. She liked everything that I had written, though.

Patty from the library came and she sat beside me and Cindy the hugger sat on the other side of me, which I'd asked Cindy if I could sit beside her to feel safe when I returned to my seat. My mom's friend Janet came up to me right before the service began to let me know that she was there, and she sat in the back. My mom couldn't be there because she had to work. Dawn, the person who was in charge of getting people to do the testimonies and helping them, prayed with me before I went into the service and sat down. I went up to give my testimony after the children's message which was hysterical because the kids are NOT shy at all. Pastor Cathy called me up and I symbolically took hold of Jesus hand and walked with Him to the pulpit where the bible is. I'd already put my paper up there. Dawn and Cindy were the only ones who had heard my testimony and I'd changed it since then.

I prayed a lot on the ride home and I really wanted God to be glorified during my testimony and I made that pretty clear during the testimony and at the end, but I added something last night to make it REALLY clear. I started my testimony by saying, "This is not my testimony. This is the testimony of Jesus Christ." I really made myself so vulnerable. I talked about feeling like there was something wrong with me since I was bullied so badly. That I felt ashamed of myself even though I hadn't done anything wrong. I felt like I didn't belong anywhere. That I felt depressed and anxious and alone. I mentioned that I'd been prayed over when I came to the church (Pastor Cathy doesn't like her name to be used because she says that it's the Holy Spirit and not her, and I get it) and that I went to see Mary Lyn and how God used her to help me. I gave a couple of examples of what we talked about and how we prayed and how much that had helped me and why. I talked about how Jesus helped me to get through that time and what the cross means to me based on what I'd told them. I ended with a scripture - Psalm 44:8 and said that, "All of the glory goes to God because He has done everything."

After I said the first two sentences, I wasn't nervous at all. I didn't lose my place or anything. I could see this one woman nodding a couple of times and people seemed to be staring at me intently, not just because they had to be looking at me or something. When I was finished THE CONGREGATION APPLAUDED! I wanted to be humble since my focus WAS to give God the glory, so I kept my head down and I didn't smile as I went and took my seat. I sat down and the next thing I know, there is Pastor Cathy! She had left her pulpit and followed me to my seat to give me a hug! I was so shocked! The main reasons I think she probably did that is because 1. She didn't know how vulnerable I was going to allow myself to be up in front of the congregation and 2. Because in everything that I said, I gave glory to God. 3. She must have thought I did a pretty good job to follow me to give me a hug. That felt so wonderful that she did that for me!!!

Patty said how great that I did and that I didn't seem nervous at all and that I sounded very sincere and like I meant everything I said. Cindy gave me a hug and said I did great. Her daughter-in-law was happy for me, too. At the end of the service, people came up to me! Dawn did, Pastor Don (an assistant Pastor who used to be the lead pastor of the church years ago and was hired back), another lady I knew named Janet (my mom's friend went home), some older lady I didn't know looked at me and held me like maybe she was looking at herself or like she wished she'd been able to protect me or something. A few other people I know by sight came up to me. Less than 10 people altogether, but that was plenty enough for me! I was really surprised!

When I got home I texted my Grandma to call me when she has a chance because I want to TELL her how it went. She has company, so she hasn't been able to call me yet. My mom's friend Janet called me and said how proud of me she was. She is the only one who was there who knew me even before the bullying began and how I was pretty much a fairly normal person before that and what it did to me, so that meant so much to me. She said that the way I started my testimony really got people's attention and that even though she was in the back, she could just get a sense that people were really focused on what I was saying. She said that I didn't appear nervous at all, that I was bold, and that my emotions of each event came through clearly in how I spoke, not just the words I spoke, which is what my Grandma and I had worked on. She, too, was really proud of me for being vulnerable since I've only been at the church for just over six months and I am finding my way there, still. I was really happy with how things went and I just hope things get better as a result, but even if they don't, I know that I did the right thing and that Christians who are filled with the Holy Spirit were happy with what I did and how I did it. It was pretty exciting! I feel very upbeat right now. I don't want to go help my mom to clean Pete's office tonight because of it, but it's a big office, which is why we do it together. So, we're going to do it tomorrow night. Mom said I deserve a night to relax after this morning. 

Thank you sooo much for your interest and support! You are such an awesome friend!

How are YOU doing? It's been a few days, to say the least. So, what is up with you?

George =)

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Hi George,

I wanted to post earlier, but I haven't been able to use my computer.  I was in a super happy mood when I read that so I am going to try and replicate that below:

OH MY GOSH!!!!  I am so...impressed, but that's the wrong word because it implies that I didn't think you could do it.  I'M JUST SO HAPPY FOR YOU! I'm so glad that your testimony went so well!!!!!  YayaayayaayaYayaayayaayay!!!!!

(Random gleeful jibberish)

I could seriously just go on and on and on XD but I think you get the point.

--

I'm not sure what I want to put here as my reply to "How are you?".  I'm just so torn about my outlook.  I don't want to keep everything in, but I think that I probably over-emotion-ize a lot of things.   If that makes sense?  Like I shouldn't get so worked up and stressed.  The stuff that makes me so sad right now really is stupid in the whole scheme of things, etc.  Gah.  It's like this: I am supposed to be more grateful during Lent; less complaining, more appreciating.  Have you seem any of that?!?  Nope.  Didn't think so.  So I don't want to complain about stupid things like being dizzy and not getting time with my mom today, instead appreciate how I have the wonderful ability to like walk and be happy that my mom got to spend time with other people.  And I DO feel those things, but not as much.  It's like 60-75% the complaining parts and then the appreciation as a side-note.  That's the definition of selfish twit, isn't it?  That's all I am: a self-centered jerk who only bothers with what they don't have and an insecure, attention-seeking brat who needs acknowledgment and congratulations to feel needed and validated.  And I HATE it.  I hate it so much.  And I can't bring myself to say: 'I hate myself', but who else is 'it'?  What are my habits, but myself? My personalities, but my very own?  

I try to be appreciate.  I thank God every night for my beautiful little sister.  Every night I go to her bed and look at her sleeping and pray to God that she always stays healthy.  I've said before that I would rather be sick forever than for her to have the same illnesses as me.  It kills me so much to see her so happy and young, though, for I cannot stay appreciative for long and must go back to selfishness.  A couple months ago I started seeing my young self I'm her.  I mean, we're practically nothing alike, but that's almost the point.  I'd see her running around and smiling and get so JEALOUS.  I wish that I could've had that.  And I did!  But nothings ever enough, is it?  She's at the age that my "childhood" pretty much ended at.  So I was overcome by jealousy and sorrow: ugly emotions.  But then I started getting really overprotective and that's where I'm at now.  It's half "I never want her to regret growing up too soon" and half vicarious living.  I went out of my way to bring her to karaoke and some little kid stuff.  I bring her to the playground all the time.  

I don't know what I was trying to achieve here.  I just kind of wanted to explain my brain.  To who I'm not sure: you or I.  

I am truly ecstatic that your testimony went so well. Please don't let any of this dilute that.  You are totally awesomesauce!  

Don't worry about any of my nonsense.  I'll come around.  ;). Always do.  I have been doing a little chant in my head and I feel like I'm pulling through.  Brighter pathways ahead hopefully!  I just keep saying : "I WON'T go into depression .  I won't allow it!" Etc.  Its working so far!  It feels good to be in charge like that.

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

HI GEORGE!!!!

Just wanted to say how AWESOME you did at your speech yesterday.  I am so proud of you!  You really needed to jump that hurdle, and I am so glad that you did.  :D  

And guess what?!?  I did it!  I have been memorizing pi lately (after I learned about national pi day this year being so awesomesauce) and today I made it to 36 digits!!  3.14159265358979323846264338327950288.  Well it would be 35 if you don't count the "3", but I don't see why not!  I mean, it's a digit, too!  For a tiny bit today I was freaking out a bit after adding the "950288" to the end, because I stopped remembering the middle, but now it's stuck in my brain real good. :D  I'm so glad because I didn't want to mess up!  I am teaching my little sister, and I was a little bit hesitant at the beginning because she is dyslexic (more dyscalculia), but she is doing really well!  I add 2 digits to the end every day, and today is the first day when she couldn't remember yesterday's added digits, but that is partially my fault because I didn't quiz her enough yesterday.   :D

Sorry about all the randomness yesterday; I've been testy lately.  But, CONGRATULATIONS x1,000,000 on your testimony.  Let's have a party!  Yeah, I really do take any excuse to eat cake.  XD

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

GAH!  None of my posts are going through!

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Hey,

I am such a moody person.  XD  The difference between the first post that didn't go through, the second one, and this one are truly amazing. ;)

Anyways.  Feeling better today!  Two days ago was the worst and then yesterday was better and (you guessed it!) today was even better.  And I credit those changes to the fact that I have almost made it to Week 6 of my sinusitis (I am silently imagining that it will probably end at 8 weeks) and, more importantly, the following two mental struggles I have been trying to conquer:

1) The feeling of needing to do stuff that really isn't my job or responsibility. My solution: I am now On Strike.  Yesterday was my day for the dishes (such a minute task that apparently is very metaphoric: who knew) and the day before my brother hadn't done his (as previously mentioned this equals twice as much work for me).  And I just had it.  And so now I am on Strike.  I'm not cleaning off the counter when its not my mess, I'm not doing other people's laundry, etc.  And it was such a big hurdle for me, but I'm glad I did it.  It's such a tough thing for me though: seeing the messes and my mind is just like screaming at me, but I'm staying strong!  

2) Acceptance.  This hit me like those metaphorical ton of bricks everyone is always talking about.  I get the metaphor now, it felt just like that.  I have been feeling a certain thought--an idea--on the edge of my conscious thought all day; more so than usual.  And I went biking and just had such a realization.  I can not, will not, accept the things I cannot change.  That's it.  I've known it all along.  I've known that I was not accepting my life, but I never had a word for it.  And now that I do...truthfully I'm relieved.  It's not an easy problem to solve, but now I actually have a problem!  Before now, my whole illness and life surrounding it has just been so abstract.  And to actually have a concrete reason for anything is amazing.   

So here's the story of "acceptance".  I truly don't even know where to start, so if I am jumping around my apologizes in advance.  Basically I never really acknowledged the fact that I was sick.  And I'm not sure what my mind made of that: denial or "strength".  Then I got back on the MB and started talking to you and since then it's been plaguing my mind.  Like, I'm always thinking about not being able to breathe and stuff.  Not so much in the fore-front, but it's always there.  And it drives me crazy!  

Continuing on: So of course I've read dozens of stories about people who are sick.  Articles about the Inspiring Cancer Kids.  They pop up every once and a while, and I am an avid reader, so you know.  But yesterday I read about this girl (now a "blessed") who was sick and knew she was dying.  And she was "always so happy".  You know: those kids.  And I kind of was "touched" yesterday, but the real emotions didn't come until today while I was biking.  At first I was really anxious: "what does she have that I don't!!!!" and then I got angry because "how can someone be so calm about something like that?!?".  I've always known that I could die during the night; every one knows that somewhere in their mind.  We've all been told it.  And I accepted that; I know that that might happen and, in that aspect, I overcame the fear of dying several years ago.  But then I realized that my problem was that I never accepted my illness.  I am fine with death, but I am not okay with dying.  I have long-since accepted the inevitability of death; there is simply no way around it.  But I never accepted dying.  Does that make sense?  I figure it is because I am an inherently stubborn person.  And then I found it super stupid because I cannot change it.  Why am I fighting so hard against something that I CANNOT CHANGE?  Gah.  

I realized a mistake in my thinking.  There is a difference between acceptance with continued strength and denial.  A difference between knowing that you are dying & still going strong, still being happy, still living life and simply denying that you are dying.  Because in that unconscious part of my mind, I now realize, I must have considered them the same.  Ignoring something doesn't make it go away.  And I think that the act of going from never thinking about it to thinking about it all the time was my first (albeit unintentional) step towards acceptance. And now I know what to work on!  I am starting to pray that prayer; you know, the "serenity to accept the things I cannot change" one.  Last night, for the first time since the migraines have started, I intentionally did not pray for healing.  Because we talked about that at youth group and the leader said that often God doesn't grant prayers that you say on behalf of yourself, simply because he knows you better.  So I figured I should stop being so stubborn and just "give in" already.  No, not give in: accept it.  :)

That was really long, sorry!  I hope that you have been doing well!  

~Aurora

P.S I am thinking of changing my signature to add in a quote about acceptance.  I keep the one from Irina because I love the message, and every time I see it I am reminded to, I don't know, help others.  I like the feeling I get when I read it.  So I want to add a new quote in so that every time I see it I am reminded again to work on acceptance.  

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Hey,

(You're going to have some reading to do when you come back on!  This is what?  Post 5? ;) )

Okay, I changed my signature.  Don't judge until you take in to account my two excuses: 1) it was done really hastily! and 2) ummm..color-blindness runs in my family?  Okay, we both know that I'm not colorblind, but you're sure to question my eyesight as soon as you see my new signature!  XD  I just wanted something with stronger looking colors, and yeah.

So that quote by Helen Keller has been on my copy-paste list for a while.  Put it to good use!  I wanted to share the rest, so here it goes:  (Obviously not a long list, but this is what I have on my computer)

“I want to be like water. I want to slip through fingers, but hold up a ship."-- Michelle Williams

“Sometimes your light shines so bright that it blinds people from seeing who you really are.”--Shannon L. Alder

"Be happy with what you have while working for what you want"--Helen Keller

--Some 39 clues ones!--

"I'm not asking for a million years or never or forever. I'm asking for one day only. Today."--Irina

"Maybe that's how the world was now....Everyone was so wrapped up in his or her own little world that no one ever really saw anything anymore."-–Day of Doom

--And these are in French.  Translations are after.--

"Vouloir, c'est pouvoir"--"Want is Power".  Kinda like, "where there's a will there's a way", but French, so therefore cooler. XD

"Un malheur ne vient jamais seul"--this one isn't as upbeat.  It means "Misfortunes never come alone".  (In English it's like "Where it rains, it pours")  Obviously not empowering, but I keep it because it reminds me that I am not the only person with struggles.  

---

What are some of your favorite quotes?  

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Hi Aurora,

I'm sorry I haven't been on here. I had read the first message and you aren't a selfish twit. Thank you for being so happy for me about how well my testimony went. A couple of days later I emailed the pastor even though I wasn't going to, and this was her response:

George,

I fully intended to write you a beautiful card but it has been ONE of those weeks, and I'm debating not even showing to a mandatory meeting with the Bishop tomorrow to get my stuff done! So I'll write in my less attractive black and white email....

You did a beautiful job on Sunday, and I was very grateful for God's strength as He sustained you. I did try to hug you as you left the pulpit, but you were too fast! Bolting down the stairs with Jesus on to your new life. I guess that is a metaphor for things to come! :) I wonder how I will keep up with you now!

It took a lot of courage to share. He's is such a great God. All things work together for good....Romans 8:28.

Grace and Peace, Pastor Cathy

Obviously that meant a lot to me. She is a wonderful person and she means a lot to me.

I understand the moodiness, and that's unfortunately part of being a teenager, but apparently doesn't necessarily go away after one's teen years. Bummer. I'm glad that you have come to an acceptance of things regarding your illnesses. That is really major. The serenity prayer is a really good prayer to pray to remind us of those things. I need to break that out right now and be praying it as well!! I found a nice colorful one on Google Images and put it on Word really big. It's also good that you are "on strike". You need to make your point. I hope that you have been able to hold out. That is cool that you changed your signature. I like the colors. I'm a bright and colorful kind of person in what I like to see! I really like your quotes, especially the one by Michelle Williams. 

When you are going through something hard and wonder where God is, remember that the teacher is always quiet through the test. -Unknown

But Mary gives probably the best advice of all about how to relate to Jesus when she told a group of men in John 2:5, "Do whatever He tells you." - Paul Strand

I'm actually not doing very well myself right now. The low after the high, I think. It started yesterday. I was already not expecting much last night when I helped with the kids from the Hungry Hearts program, the low income families. Brianna and I were to have the parents sign their children in as they entered the sanctuary, then sign them out as they picked their children up from the sanctuary. Then Brianna and I were to take the kids upstairs where they would practice a song with kids from our regular children's choir so they could sing it together in front of the sanctuary next week.

So, I arrived and Brianna had me set up with a table, paper, sign up sheet, and fliers in the back of the sanctuary in case parents came in the door from 2nd street to enter the sanctuary. After I had sat there for 10 minutes, I realized that she took me for a dope. The ONLY entrance that is open on both Wed (when church members come for dinner and bible studies, etc.) and Thursday BECAUSE they want to make sure that the people are contained, basically. On Wed, if someone they don't know enters the doors, they  greet them and make sure they get to one of the Bible studies and all so they make sure they aren't just roaming the halls to steal or to abuse kids. For the Thursday night people, it's kind of the same thing. It's mostly a safety factor and to make sure that anybody who shouldn't be there is left behind when the doors are locked. Sundays are handled totally differently and all of the entrances are open and the the whole place is checked before the church is locked down. So, in other words, Brianna had me sit near a locked door to help sign in kids that wouldn't be coming through that door with their parents. That ticked me off so badly and I didn't know what to do about it! So, I just sat there both praying and fuming.

Eventually it was announced that Brianna and Jan were to take the kids out to an activity, and there were two small children who were coming from the back of the sanctuary by where I had been sitting and I'd noticed them as I'd gone halfway down the outer aisle, so I went back and met them with their parents. I introduced myself as Jan and said I would take their children. They were both about four. The girl was crying quietly, but I talked to her quietly and encouragingly. It wasn't a big deal. Then I turned around and there was Brianna with about ten kids right behind me and she took the girl from me and started to walk away. I was like, "What, am I an idiot again or something?" So, I just followed behind. She was in the lead, so I stayed behind so no kids would stray. But, when we got to the steps, she let half of the kids go up the steps and had me go up as if I couldn't even be trusted to bring up the rear. This is the third time I wasn't to be trusted.

So, we get up there and we all sit down and Brianna is with the girl who is still quietly crying. The choir leader has us all introduce ourselves and the 4yo boy, Joshua, who was sitting beside me, bolted as soon as the singing lesson began. I went after him. There was a huge 3-D cardboard horse in the back of the room. Of course it caught his interest. So, I talked to him about it very quietly for a bit, then he took off again, and I followed him and put him on a chair on the end, which was behind Brianna. Josh was a hyper little guy, but I'd seen him before with his Dad and two younger brothers and he'd behaved very well, so I wasn't too worried. This was all just new to him. He fidgeted and then he saw posters high up on a wall with Spiderman, Batman, and Superman. I kept him in his seat and quietly talked to him about them and directed him back to the singing. Josh didn't sing, but he did remain quiet. It was a HARD song! It's an elementary kids choir which does include 4yo's, but they practice the song an hour a week for four weeks. (They sang it two weeks ago during the service.) These kids will get less than an hour in two weeks to practice, then present it. I couldn't believe that they didn't do something a bit easier. Plus, the choir director kept mixing up the words. Seriously?

Then, it was time for the service to be done, so we went downstairs ahead of the regular kids, who waited in the classroom with their two teachers. This boy forgot his soda up there, so I was charged with taking him up to get it, which is a violation of the safety policy even if I AM a kid myself. And, Josh having been with me that whole time, came along. So we went up and the door was locked, so it took a bit to get the attention of those still up there before we could get the soda and come back down. Then we had to wait about another 10 minutes for the service to be done because sometimes it does go over just like our services go over. Brianna started a game of duck-duck-goose and realized right away that it was a bad idea. So, she switched to "Mother May I". She started, and then realized the kids would be moving again, so that wasn't a good idea, either. So, she made it backwards. She chose a kid and the kid was to say, "Mother may I" and then ask something and Brianna would say yes or no. If the kid asked to clap their hands, she would say yes. If the kid asked to take two steps forward, she said no. That made the kids not want to play so that whoever she called on wouldn't say anything. Sheesh!

Then when the service was done, Brianna stood right in the doorway to catch the parents so they would sign out their kids before the kids could leave. Because of where she stood, people were pushing and shoving to get by because they had no idea what the hold up was since this had never been done before. She COULD have taken the kids to the sign up table. It is a huge entry way that is the length of the sanctuary and more than half the width of the sanctuary. The kids and I could have stood with her and everyone else could have very easily gone around without pushing and shoving and yelling.  

Next week is going to be the same. I don't know where I'll be when she signs the kids in next week, but if she tries to put me at the other door, I'm going to remind her that the door is locked and I'm not needed over there. Then we take the kids out before the announcements so they can practice, then we go back downstairs at some predetermined time, and because of Josh and the little girl, we will probably have to be up on the steps with the kids as they sing. I wouldn't be surprised if Brianna has both Josh and the little girl stand with her. Then the following week, we go back to watching the kids from the back of the sanctuary during the service so we can go up and correct them during the service like religious police officers or something because, she says, the parents don't and the kids get wild. The first/only time I did that with her, the kids behaved perfectly. If there is a problem, I'm sure she will rush in to take care of it even if the child is right in front of me. I really don't know why I'm there except that this week and next she needs another body. Otherwise, I don't see where/why I'm needed. The whole point is to have a PROGRAM for these kids during the service so that all of the adults can focus. Josh's dad comes by himself with his 2yo son and an infant son. He keeps them quiet and well-behaved even if they are antsy and he sits in the back so that if they are somewhat noisy, they won't disturb others. Last night I heard and saw him BOAST that Josh was going to class. He was PROUD! And Brianna keeps telling EVERYONE that the parents don't want to send their kids to a program. I think that when we go back to being religious police and Brianna leaves right after the service, I stay like I did that first time. I only watched that first time because the entire Family Life Center was filled with tables that were full of people. There were three times as many people in there as are there during our Wednesday night church dinners, so it was intimidating. If I were to go around and ask the kids how they liked going to singing and would they like going to class, I bet most of them would say yes. Then I would ask their parents if they would like their kids to be in a program while they were in the service. I would like to see all of their answers. If I did that and got mostly positive answers, Brianna wouldn't be able to make excuses, but it wouldn't make Brianna happy. Maybe since Brianna won't be there, I can innocently ask Pastor Cathy, "Hey, I just had an idea! Would you mind if . . ." and see what she says. 

Wow, that is a lot of complaining about one thing. Sorry about that. I hadn't realized. The whole thing just frustrates me a lot.

It's also the first day of spring. And we have tons of snow on the ground and it's still snowing and yesterday's high temp was something like 57 degrees. The record snowfall for our area was 5" in 1965 and we're on our way to possibly breaking that record! Poor Freedom, the mama eagle is probably wondering if the seasonal time clock inside of her is off or something. The eggs are due to hatch any day now and she is probably thinking, "My babies can't hatch with all of this snow out here! Don't come out yet my little hatchlings!" They were born three days apart, so they won't hatch on the same day. I want to be home on at least one of the days that an egg hatches and not have to miss a second of it! My sis Mary read that if the first eaglet is bigger than the second, then sometimes it kills the second one and the daddy and mama don't try to stop it. That is awful! That better not happen this time! There will be tons of people yelling at their computer screens if it does happen! Most people won't have done any research to know what is going on.

This is so long it's ridiculous. I have to get something to eat and do some school work and stuff. I haven't been on the MB as much, so don't be worried if I'm not here, but I'll come when I can.

George

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Ugh! Do NOT tell anybody what you just read! :6

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Where are you Aurora? Are you okay? George

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

George--

I am so, so sorry!  I read your message, but things have been a tad bit crazy around here lately.  Sorry!  I'm okay, no need to worry.  :)

It's great that your Pastor emailed you back!  She sounds like a super nice person.

I hope you are feeling better now.  Brianna was being such a jerk at the Hungry Hearts program.  People like her drive me crazy!  The whole, you can't do anything because you're "just a kid".  Blech.  It sounds like a good idea to talk to Pastor Cathy.

I have several good things and several bad things going on right now.  One bad one, in brief, is that I went to this awful, seriously traumatizing doctor appointment a couple months ago and now my parents got this huge bill.  I mean, the appointment was terrible.  It was mostly tests (none of which actually discovered anything at all), including skin testing which I will admit I majorly freaked out about.  And it makes me feel super guilty and everything.  My mom's on the phone with them now to try and figure out why the insurance didn't pay for anything.  They seriously charged us for "teaching" about a drug I wasn't even prescribed.  I didn't get prescribed anything at all!  It was supposed to be a "second opinion", not this craziness!   Gah.

But let's swing back to positive real quick.  :D  I had this meeting this morning, and while I probably shouldn't say online exactly what it was about, it went really well and I am super happy about it!!!  It had to do with my schoolwork and graduation, etc.  The only problem they had was that I was "underage" (because I am still 14), but they are willing to work around it.  :D  And it is just so awesomesauce!

I cannot even imagine snow right now!  Yesterday it was about 90 degrees, yikes!   It is raining today and it is still pretty hot out.  The worst part about Florida heat is the humidity; it gets to the point where it is like you are swimming through the air!  Yesterday wasn't bad for humidity, so the weather was fine by me.  Today wasn't humid either, which is sooooo nice because I don't like humid rain.  Then it is like you are swimming through the air while taking a shower.  XD

The birds sound so cute!  When will they hatch?

Overall, I'm doing very well.  I have had my little "freak out" moments, but doing much better.  Last night I felt awful, but it had just been a long day and all that jazz.  Times are a little bit tough now, but I swear that I am not going back into depression.  I seriously can't deal with that right now.

Hope all is well! Talk to you later,

Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

epicsprinkles24

Branch: Janus

Oi sorry! I don't want to crash or anything but hi Aurora!!!!! I'm back and I'd really love to catch up (on a diff thread of course) =)

• Posted at:

"GLITTER! CURSE YOU EMPTY-HEADED ONE, THIS NEVER GOES AWAY!"

- S.S. Insanity /130554

#PROUD TO BE A KNOW IT ALL OLDIE 

TMA/TBA Prez 

CHILD OF Lyzzy

"I'll see you in the future when we're older

When we are full of stories to be told" -Bastille

YLayna

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Layna--It's nice to "see" you again!  XD  The thread's called something like "LAYNA!!!!".  You know, loud and obvious.  

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Ugh, sorry.  There are now two threads out there because the punctuation on the first one was driving me crazy.  ;)  The legit one is simply titled "Layna!".

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Okay, George.  Sorry about that!  

Days like today are why I don't want to go all depressed again.  I mean, it was so nice!  I had an awesome meeting, I re-organized my desk and added a jillion things for storage, even got to play cards for a couple minutes.  Stuff like that just doesn't happen.  Happiness doesn't just happen.  And that actually makes it feel a little bit sweeter: to know that success of my meeting was all because of me.  :)  

I truly hope that you are feeling so much better than you were earlier in the week.  Smile a little bit for me, please?  

Now I really have to go because it's getting later and I've been on here for an hour already!  Time flies so fast!

~Aurora       

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Aurora,

I'm glad that you are doing mostly well and hope that your mom gets the insurance thing worked out. I've seen news reports about how insurance takes advantage of people who don't read their bills. I'm glad that you did really well in that situation.

I can't be on here really long tonight because it's late. I've been writing cards to shut-ins yesterday and today and I want to get all of them out by Easter since I've neglected doing this for way too long. I already input all of the names and addresses into the computer so I can keep track of when I send cards. I had to contact Gail at church because some of the addresses were really messed up. I will have to meet up with her because so many of the nursing home addresses are so messed up. I think the list is very old and was written for people who visit the shut-ins and just need the name of the nursing home and room number. The assigned visitors already know if the people are in apartments, nursing section, memory unit, etc., but I don't, so the number doesn't help me at all. 

We're getting snow overnight and will see it on the ground tomorrow. Seriously, *eyeroll*, ENOUGH ALREADY! I've been watching the eagles as much as I can. Neither of the eggs have shown any sign of cracks even though both have entered the time period in which they could have hatched by now. I hope that they are viable eggs. It would be awful if mama sat through all of that awful weather and doesn't get any eaglets out of the deal! I read somewhere that her mate died last year and so this daddy is new and very young, so mama has been trying to teach him. He's not always around when she needs to take breaks even though she calls to him, etc.

Tomorrow morning it will be five days that nobody has responded to my note that I've been considering quitting the Defenders. I even posted a "Hello?" and haven't gotten anything. I will wait a week and if I still have no response, I'll write that this is the reason I've been considering quitting, lack of commitment and support. It's mind boggling! I've put in so much work there and everyone always disappears no matter what. It's time to be done.

I did extra school work today because I'm going to spend hours at the library tomorrow volunteering. I see Crystal, my therapist, at 6pm. I'm looking forward to seeing her. Then I see Mary Lyn, my spiritual therapist, Wednesday morning. I usually don't see them so close together.

I will catch up with you later!

George

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

GEORGE!

(Sorry I just really wanted to say that!)

Yeah, insurance is what it is.  Blech.  I think it is worked out a bit nicer now.  In the end it was really the stupid doctor's fault because they were essentially jerks.  (I might be a tad biased...)

It's nice that you are working on the shut-in cards!  What do you write in them?  Just like a hello?  

Well I got to experience a share of awful weather.  XD  It's been kind of gloomy out today and yesterday: some rain and just overall cloudy.  I think that the "front" or whatever of this weather is headed north (relatives up there are expecting rain later in the week) so you might get some, too. Yeah!, right?

The best part about this was that I was all prepped to dry some banana slices out in the sun to make banana chips and now there is no sun for that.  XD  I mean, what were the chances?  It's all cool though because I just have been sticking them in the oven after making supper and stuff.  You know, when the oven's not on, but it's still like 200 degrees?

In re Defenders: that is SOOOO frustrating!  I don't really know what the defenders is about, I think it's like MB Police or something like that?  But I hate it in general when no one takes stuff that is so important to me seriously.  Or when I spend forever on something and everyone is just like "meh".  GAH!  It might be best for you to quit?  Or at least change out the group members with people who care.  

I hope your schoolwork went well.  I realized yesterday that I really haven't done driver's ed in two weeks.  YIKES!  So I went and did two assignments today.  Woops...

How did things go with your therapist?  Good look for tomorrow morning, too!

I hope you have a good time at the library volunteering today!  Sounds like a good environment.  ;)

Speaking of libraries...I got totally gypped!  I got an email from my library saying that book 4 from Unstoppable was in (ebook) and then I went to download it and the program told me that it wasn't available!  Gah!  I totally remembered the books as soon as I started reading the first one.  My memory is apparently super hazy of those couple months from last year.  Weird.

Oh!  And I told you I was overreacting: my flighty friend there emailed me back like one line about how she was at camp and couldn't reply.  Still super pathetic because even after saying "Okay, cool.  Looking forward to another email from you." (slightly paraphrased) I didn't get another email.  Bleah.

Talk soon!

Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

AURORA!!

Yeah, that WAS fun! LOL

Sorry you had awful weather. We DID have snow on the ground. Crystal said that it's bad when her 3yo son says, "Snow! No more snow!" That made me laugh I see her again next Friday at our regular time and right after my appt she's going to find out what the sex of her third child will be. She already has two boys, Max and Lucas. She said that if the baby is in a position so that they can't tell what the sex is, she is just going to camp out there until they CAN tell because she wants to know so badly! She read my testimony that I'd left with her and she said it was awesome, so that made me feel great, of course.

I had never thought of making banana chips and I would never have thought to make them by sitting them out in the sun. That sounds pretty cool. You know a lot of things like that that are cool and fun!

I'm sorry that you misunderstood your flighty friend but still didn't get another email anyway. That is very frustrating when you really want to stay in touch with somebody.

That is also a bummer that you weren't able to get T39C ebook. I got Doublecross in the mail when I got back from my Grandma's, but I've been too busy to even read it! How crazy is that?

I had stopped volunteering at the library in August because two of my best adult friends got fired from there unjustly, with nobody following procedure, and because a snitch baby worker turned them in for complaining (that's all!) and the director of the entire library system and her assistant just flat out fired them for that, very publicly, but made it sound like they had cut off somebody's arm or something. This director has been doing this unjustly to a lot of people for 25 years, I've heard from a lot of people. I gradually went back. I still like Lisa, the supervisor of the volunteers. She has said that she trusts me as much as only one of her circulation desk workers, who she also supervises, because the rest just don't really care about their work. I am more responsible than they are! Lisa and I worked together today for almost 7 hours and if I hadn't been there to help her, she would have seriously been there forever. We are doing some switching around of DVD's based on what I worked on for her two years ago when I was 12 and she only trusted me to do the work, and to give the DVDs to three workers to input them into the system after I'd done the bulk of the work! I'll be doing that again. I came up with a system for identifying the movies by year from 2010 and up since next year we will have to move the 2010 DVDs to where we're moving the ones we took out today. The following year, we'll do the same with the 2011 DVDs and so on and so forth. She was so impressed. I like doing that to people! LOL

I wasn't sure what to write to the shut-ins for the longest time. Gail, in charge of the shut-ins at the church, wasn't really much help. My grandparents used to be pastors, but they weren't much help, because they along with Gail visit them and mostly listen. I tried to look for ideas online, but I literally found nothing. The only things that a friend told me was to offer them hope, to talk about the weather, and to include a Scripture. She also said to ask about family, but I did think that wasn't smart because maybe their family doesn't visit them and also they most likely won't be writing back. I decided to write about us getting snow on the first day of spring, so then I wrote about the eagles, wondering if they had heard about them and how the mama was a good mama. (The first chick hatched today, by the way! Everyone was sooo excited! All we saw was a gray ball of lint, pretty much, then under the mama it went to be kept warm! LOL) Then I decided to tell them about what happened in church that Sunday. This past Sunday the handbell choir played, and I really like them. They played  a more complicated piece than I've ever seen them play. The anthem had a saxophone accompaniment, so that was really awesome. I told them that people were giving testimonies during every service in Lent. Then I told them that I've learned about church history from some of the older and wiser people in the church and I thanked them for being a servant in the church and building up the church and people through their faith and diligence. I ended with a Scripture related to Easter and wished them a nice Easter. I realized that was a lot to write! Not that I mind at all, but it's probably more than others have written. I'm not sure I'll know what to write the next time around!!! I've used up all of my good stuff in the first shot!! LOL I've written 10 out of 35, so that's not too bad. I also put their names and addresses, with question marks beside the addresses I have questions about, into my computer so that I can have an easy way to keep track of when I send out cards without a messy paper. It will also be easy to add and subtract people as changes will need to be made. There are 51 shut-ins and Gail had told me that there were 35, so I'm DEFINITELY going to have to cut down on what I'm writing if I want to get cards out to everyone in time for Easter!

How old do you have to be to drive in Florida? Here I think you can get your learner's permit 3 months before your 16th birthday. I'm not sure, but I think they changed the law a while back that you can drive alone in the car, but if there is anyone else in the car with you, they have to be 18 or older or there has to be at least one adult over 18 to cut down on the distractions. I should know this since my brother can drive. He even almost got us into an accident when he was driving on the highway to my Grandma's when we went in October, but I'm not really sure of the rules. My mom has been really strict with him ever since. It makes him mad because he turned 17 last month, but my mom doesn't care. I LOVE MY MOM! =)

I helped Pastor Cathy for an hour on Saturday. I'd helped her two weeks ago on the same thing and once she saw that I knew what I was going, she kind of left me on my own. This time we barely saw one another since she had to catch up on work and she trusted me. I still liked being there and the sense of helping her - doing something for her that saved her an hour of her time.

I'll be helping with the kids again Thursday night, but since it went to badly last Thursday, I'm going to have no expectations. I told Crystal all about it and how mad I was when I got home. My mom was at work and I just didn't know what to do with my anger because I was seething. I sent P. Cathy a short email that satan was coming against me and I wasn't handling it well, and please pray for me. I knew I couldn't tell her anything about it cuz it was church related and would be considered gossip and negativity, and P. Cathy is very against both, which is a good thing. But I'm pretty sure that P. Cathy was wondering why I was sitting by a locked door and that she saw Brianna take the little girl's hand from me, so she knew. The next day she told me that he tends to do that after a victory and that she was going to be preaching on Zechariah 3 Sunday and that "if fit my situation", so I might want to read it. I did and I prayed tons. I realized that my idea of going around and asking the kids how they like the singing and if the parents wanted their kids in a program was a bad idea. I'm just a kid! I can't do things like that. I know that P. Cathy is watching what is going on and she will handle it. I prayed about the whole thing so much the days after being so angry and I just have to let God and Pastor Cathy deal with Brianna. I don't know what problems she might have in her life or if she feels inadequate as the head of the children's ministry and is afraid of being found out, I don't know if she's being supported enough, I don't know if she's being fed enough, because I don't think she EVER goes to any of the services. Seriously! She also doesn't go to any Wed night Bible study cuz she's with the kids. I think she might be afraid to ask for help and maybe nobody is noticing that she's not being supported or fed. That does make me sad. Crystal said that it was really good that I was turning to prayer and God for help with my thoughts and feelings and that I was willing to let go of things to God and Pastor Cathy. She said it was good that I was able to see Brianna with some compassion. She said that she's proud of me and said that her therapy is working - then she laughed! As if the only reason I'm doing well is because of her when she knows it's a combination of people. Crystal has a super sense of humor and I'm going to miss her when she is out on maternity leave. 

Well, I've just written you another whole book and I have homework and I should write to a couple more shut-ins, and I also have some other things to do.

I'm so sorry that your hospital visit was so bad, but I hope that you are feeling a little better. It would be nice to have great doctors who are compassionate and caring and so very intelligent and skilled in their field and know exactly who to turn to to assist them with diagnoses when they move into other fields and such. I hope that someday you get the relief that you need. Especially to be able to breathe. I cannot even imagine how hard and scary that must be for you when you feel that way.

Gotta go!

George

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Hi George,

I firmly intended to come on here and post some huge thing and all that, but I only have 6 minutes right now and I want to spend a lot longer on you than that!  So just give me some time please?  I promise I will post tomorrow...wait, nope.  The next day?  Yup, it will happen!  Okay, by Friday.  

See you then!

~Aurora 

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Hi George,

So sorry that I haven't posted yet!  I am so, so, so upset because all of our internet and cable was out.  ALL.  DAY.  And I had 6 important calls/emails I had to make today and I couldn't do any of them (phone lines were down for a good portion of the day, too).  So now I have to add all my work for today to Monday's pile of work, which also includes things that get added during the weekends when nothing's opened.  GAH!  I already hate Monday's enough, never mind this.  Plus I was told earlier by the cable company that it might not come back up until TOMORROW AFTERNOON, which completely freaked me out.  *deep breath*  I just got back on like a couple minutes ago and went straight to here because I felt so bad about not writing anything yet.

I seriously need to calm down.  Sorry!  I am just such a mess.  This morning I had a meeting that actually went really well with no big problems.  I got home and made pizza and stuff and then that's when everything went downhill.  My little brother wanted to play a board game, but he never set it up, so my Mom and I started to get set up to make some needle felted flowers.  (Fun craft that we like to do together and then sell)  But then my Dad decided "Oh no!  We have to play that game now!  Get all your junk off the table!".  And thus began the wonderfulness of playing games with my family.  Yay.  I mean, seriously.  The whole game consisted of my little brother trying to find more ways to cheat and my father defending him.  Gah!  Plus I am just expected to like not react at all and be totally fine with it.  Like all mature and stuff and just sit their like I don't mind the fact that my 13-year-old brother is being a baby and a jerk all at the same time.  He literally made as much noise as possible on his turn JUST TO ANNOY ME (My ears are sensitive and can't handle loud noises) and I just had to sit there and smile.  

I swear this story is almost over.

So I'm going to gloss over the next little bit where I escape to my room after losing and maybe cry for an un-determined amount of time.  I will tell you that I've never really understood the whole "hearing God's voice" thing, but I might have experienced some of it then.  I was like trying to be "strong" and not let any of those jerks get to me and stuff, but it was really surreal.  And then for some reason I was like "I have to go put on makeup", which is super weird because I never wear makeup and never have a real desire to.  So I was like, "okay, I can do that" and just put on some mascara.  And apparently God's a real sneak, though, because when I went downstairs I realized that I couldn't cry if I was wearing mascara.  Now I just realized how weird that whole thing sounds and if you are wondering: yes, I am mentally insane.  But it was really helpful!  I didn't want to cry, but that gave me a reason why I couldn't.  

Okay, I was going to delete that, but then I figured "hey, let's give George some proof of my sanity levels"  XD

The day's almost over, I promise.

I went biking until my Dad left and then came back and went swimming.  It's still raining here, but I didn't get the real satisfaction of getting to go out in a downpour: it was just sprinkling enough that I couldn't leave my glasses outside.  Then my Mom gets home and I was like "Okay, this evening is looking up" and then I went and took a shower (which was actually kind of cold because my sister used up all the hot water, but I didn't really mind).  Then I made chocolate chip cookies, because that makes any moment better, plus I ate most of the batter before it could even go in the oven.  Thank goodness that I am back on the internet because if I was spending time like that everyday I would gain twenty pounds!  Minor freak out moment with my mom because she brought up a sensitive topic while I was finishing the cookies and I like completely lost it.  But now the internet's on and it's all better!

WHEH.  That was A LOT of complaining.  How do you deal with this?  Let me actually say something semi-useful here now.

Did you go see Crystal today or next Friday?  If so, how did that go?

How is Doublecross?  I want to read it, but definitely can't buy it right now.  Things are getting a little tight and I'm not one for spending in the first place.  I really hope my library gets it soon!

It stinks that your friends at the library got fired.  Sometimes people are real jerks for no apparent reason other than to be ginormous jerks.  It's nice that the library is impressed with you, though!  I'm glad that you are appreciated by someone!  

Do you write one letter and then have to copy it 35 times for the shut-ins?  Oh, and how are the eagle babies doing?  They sound so cute!  

In Florida you have to be 15 to get a Permit and 16 for a license.  On a different but related note, all the drivers in Florida are awful.  Like they will speed up and get aggressive to get in front of you before a road merges to one lane and then drop their speed to like 20 below the speed limit.  Or if an ambulance is going by no one will pull over.  Gah!

It's so great that Pastor Cathy trusts you!  It's so obnoxious how the Hungry Hearts lady doesn't.  It's good to know when you have to step back, though.  The whole "accepted the things you can't change" bit that I'm working on.  So, good job!  How did it go last night?  

I literally had to come back in after I was done with the letter and add this next paragraph.  I guess I hadn't written enough!

I am kind of emotionally hurt.  I had this big announcement because I have been preparing and studying to get into this program for the past 4 years and just got accepted.  But when I told my family (not immediate, relatives like aunts and stuff) they all were so not excited.  They think I'm going to "crash and burn".  Like what?!?!  I was soooooo happy and then everyone thinks I'm going to buckle under pressure.  Not even a single congratulations.  I'm trying not to let it get to me.  My one aunt who really thought this wasn't a good idea doesn't have the brightest children.  Seriously, one of them is like 3 years behind grade level.  I don't think she even understands the level of school I am on or the programs I am involved in.  I DON'T want applause and a parade or anything, it's just that I've been working on this for so long and everyone doesn't care.  ENOUGH COMPLAINING, AURORA!  My Mom is super excited and I mentioned it at the meeting today and everyone there was really happy for me and even clapped.  So I guess it's just that I spend more time with these people and they understand that I can handle it.  I mean, what kind of motivation is it to tell me that I'm going to fail?  That I'm not going to be successful in the future if I actually try hard and do good work now?  That because I spend my days actually being productive and preparing for the future I want, I am going to have a worse life later compared to oh, let's say my cousin who spends most of the day on her phone?

Wheh, definitely needed to get that out.   

We still don't have any sun, but my banana chips turned out pretty good.  I guess they would be considered "burnt", but I like them.  I really have only eaten a couple because I have been focusing more on Vitamin C lately.  Which reminds me...

I really wanted some to ask you some "am I normal?  Please tell me I'm normal!" questions.

Most importantly, lately my face has been driving me crazy.  I mean, I've been very self conscious and just upset.  I have bad eczema plus it's super fat.  I've never had a like sculpted face, but it just got worse after I was on all those drugs.  I know that steroids are nutorious for giving you "moon face", but I wasn't really on those for too long and that was a couple months ago.  I stopped taking all my meds by the new year and my face still looks mostly the same.  Don't you take steroids in your foot every month?  Do you have do deal with "moon face"?  

I decided I wanted to try to fix this problem and Googled it.  Of course "drink more water" came up: I swear that's the "remedy" for everything.  (You go in to ANY doctor and that's what they tell you.  XD )  Also Vitamin C was in there somewhere.  So I was like, fine, let's do it.  I already drink a ton of water, but now I am making a point to drink at least 64 oz a day.  Plus Vitamin C has come up a lot in the past so I've also been eating these vitamin c supplements and snacks like pineapple.  I think that it's helping, but that might just be wishful thinking.

I swear there was something else I wanted to ask you...Meh.  When I come up with it I'll ask.  That's one of the benefits of this!  

I have now written yet another extremely long letter.  :)  I just want to say thank you so much!  You have no idea how good it makes me feel to be able to write to SOMEONE.  I'm sure the whole complaining thing helped a lot, but I truly feel that even if I wrote about something as mundane as the grass it would still make me feel the same.  Being able to know that someone cares enough to spend time reading about my life and then formulate a response is amazing.  Thank you.  I don't know where I'd be right now if it wasn't for you.  

Thank you again!

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Hi Aurora,

Wow, when we have to go without internet for a day, I go crazy, too. Phone doesn’t bother me. I never use it. My mom is the only one of the three of us who has a cell phone and sometimes she lets me have it if I’m going to be out if she is going to be home, but that’s going to change. Our rent is going up again, so she had to cut the phone and TV, so now all we have is internet. There are shows that I miss and could watch on the internet, but I’m not going to do that. I figure that I’m supposed to spend more time with the Lord and the TV was one huge distraction. I’m still finding distractions, so I’m hoping to have them get lessened at some point, too. Anyway, Mom will need her phone even when she is home now that we don’t have a home phone. When I’m home alone I’ll probably have to use a neighbor’s phone if I really need to call her or a doctor or the pastor or something. She is thinking of getting one of those cheap phones at Walmart that you just put $30 on each month, but we aren’t even sure we can afford that right now, either. This is after she got a promotion and everything. If my dad paid child support, things wouldn’t be so tight. My brother has said for a long while that after he graduates next year he is going to move out and live with two of his friends and they are going to get jobs as mechanics or whatever they can get until they get mechanic jobs. If he does, that will help mom some with food and stuff. We would also be able to request a smaller apartment and when one opens up; we could move into it and pay less rent. The STUPID thing about that is that we would have to wait to move into a smaller apartment; otherwise we would have to pay the rent for both apartments. That is just dumb. If they wanted to charge us the price of the old apartment until our lease was up, that would be one thing, but both – that is unnecessary since they would have an empty apartment either way. Greed! Disgusting!

I can’t deal annoying brothers and parents who take up for them. My dad did that with my brother before we stopped seeing him. My brother is still the most annoying. I think he kind of wishes I didn’t exist because it would make his life easier or something, but he’s hardly around, so he doesn’t get a vote. It’s sad that boys mature slower than girls and that usually one parent or another has to take up for them. It doesn’t help them grow up and mature very well! There is nothing wrong with crying, but if God had you put on mascara, maybe he just wants you to choose which things are really worth crying over. Maybe an immature brother cheating at a game isn’t worth it?

Wow, you cook a lot. That is neat. I’m not much for cooking, but I do hope that I feel more like cooking when I get older. I’m on my own too much to even worry about it. Yeah, I have to try to drink 64 oz. of water a day. It used to be easy for me, but for some reason it’s gotten more difficult. I need to just in general for my health issues like diabetes, but also since I tend to have low blood pressure now. Melissa, the nutritionist, has me write in my food journal how much water I drink a day. When you consider that roughly 60% of the body is made of water, it makes sense that we need to drink a lot. I just read that the body starts to dehydrate by 1% before we get thirsty; mental performance and physical coordination problems start to kick in BEFORE we even feel thirsty! Since Melissa has me on a higher protein diet now, it causes me to lose more water, so I need to drink more. I guess that’s why I have to keep track for her. I don’t eat meat to get the protein, I do it with healthier food, which also costs more. Sometimes “I” feel like a burden on my mom.

I get the steroid shot in my foot whenever it’s needed. The first time was like 3 months later, then 4, then 6. This time it’s not working or it wasn’t in the right place or something, IDK. I waited it out a week before my Mom called for another appointment and it took two weeks to get back in. I haven’t been able to exercise or anything and yesterday my gait finally started to get off, causing back and other pain. I see the doctor Tuesday morning. I hope he has wisdom about what to do. I don’t get the steroid face, though. Maybe since it’s a shot? My Mom’s friend’s daughter is on steroids all of the time due how bad her asthma. Usually it doesn’t take long for her face to go back to normal after getting off of the steroids, so IDK what to say about any of that. Sorry!

Don’t worry about the complaining. We all do it. We just have to try to be here for one another. I don’t know what is wrong with family and friends who have to be downers when we do something great and the program could lead to something even better. One, if we do fail, at least we were willing to try. That is better than not ever trying at all. Two, to work that hard to get into a program just shows how hard you are willing to work to succeed. Family just stinks sometime and that’s pretty much all there is to it. Some might think they are trying to protect you, some might be jealous based on their own kid’s performance – it’s hard to tell!

We both are pretty good at writing these long letters, huh? I’m going to try to post this and see if it goes through, then I’ll post answers to your questions. I posted about two paragraphs in my chat on SA, but it never went through. I later posted two sentences and THAT hasn’t gone through either! Other posts seem to be going through fine. I’m writing this on Word just because I don’t trust anybody now that those two posts didn’t go through and they were your basic generic posts. VERY annoying, though!

Later, George =)

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Oh my gosh, I am so glad that my post went through!  I messed up when I went to save it to my computer and freaked out a bit.  XD

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Hi again, Aurora!

I’ve been so busy that I haven’t even started to read Mission Titanic even though I’ve had it for a while now. I’m thinking that after Easter I should have some extra time. It’s a bit thicker than most of the other 39C books, but they are all still easy reads, especially at this age, so I know that when I do begin, I will get through it in no time.

Well, when I put the shut-ins into my computer to keep track of them, there are actually 51, not 35. One person died, though, so there are 50. I’ve still only written the 10 cards, so I’ll be very busy writing the other 40 cards by Thursday since there will be no mail on Friday because of Good Friday. I was varying the 10 cards a little bit, but these last 40 will pretty much be the same, I think, since they are going to be much shorter.

Yesterday I helped Pastor Cathy for an hour again with the tickets for the Palm Sunday dinner – we are having a Seder before the actual dinner. Today I went in and helped to count the palms. When she saw them when I got there, she almost had a heart attack because she told Brianna to order 500, but since they weren’t the regular long palms, they didn’t look like 500 at all. I tried to tell  her that maybe it just didn’t look like 500 since they were different from the normal palms. Her husband, Mike, and I counted them while they were in the coolers in water. After I got to 50 I went and asked her for paper to put in between the palm after every 50 so Mike and I could keep track, but she had no idea what I was trying to say to her. She kept thinking I was going to take the palms out of the cooler and they had to stay in the water. No matter how I explained it, she didn’t get it, so it took her 10 minutes to finally hand me some paper. It ended up that there were at least 530. Even though she didn’t go look, she suddenly seemed to understood what I had done in using the paper to divide the palms by 50’s. Mike is very technical (he installs and fixes air traffic control systems for a living), but very laid back, so he only used one or two papers to divide. It will still help. She said I was very good with logistics. Again, I like doing that to people. I don’t get to do it as often as you do! =)

Anyway, since I’ve helped her with the tickets three times and with this, she asked me if I would help to collect tickets tomorrow. The Seder begins at 4pm, so I have to be there at 3:15. The actual dinner begins around 4:45. Probably the adult is going to be all domineering, but I hope not. And I want to be part of the Seder, NOT collecting tickets for those who didn’t want to come to the Seder! (Who would choose NOT to do that?) So, I hope things work out well. I want a positive experience. I’m going to sit with one of the couples who has been nice to me!

The eagles. Well the second baby was born the next day, so that was a good thing. The eggs had been laid three days apart, so they were expected to hatch three days apart. According to nature, natural instincts to survive, and siblicide, the second chick has a better survival rate since it was born only a day after the first. The chicks peck at one another and grab hold of beaks and pull one another side to side. Mom instinctually feeds the first chick first/the most. (There are six dead fish lying around the 6 foot nest!) The mom feeds the 2nd chick sometimes, but often the first chick will take the food or push the baby out of the way to get the food. I only saw the chicks this morning so far and the 2nd was much weaker than the first (it’s always on the right side). The few times that mom tried to feed it, the older chick grabbed the food from mom’s mouth, which was easy since the other chick is so weak. The parent eagles never intervene since this is survival of the fittest instinct, but the other day when the babes had been fighting so much, the mama grabbed the closest one (the 2nd one to hatch) by the neck and flung it away. It was at the side of the nest, and then tumbled back to the center of the nest where the other chick was. – I just now, at almost 5pm, saw the chicks being fed again. Mom gave preference to the older one again, and the older once pecked at the younger one a few times, and it went down and stayed down for a good bit of time before getting up again. Then the older chick seemed tired of the wind and went to the back of the little inner nest and put its face into the side of the nest, so mom fed the weaker chick. When the older one returned, it was in the back, so mom continued to feed the other chick the most, only feeding the other a bit more. Then she sat on them to keep them warm. I surely hope that BOTH survive!

Thursday with Brianna did go better. I purposely came a bit late. I was talking to her at the entrance of the sanctuary and I guess she didn’t like that, so she left to go check on her daughter (6yo) and never came back until the service began. She decided to check in the kids at the church entrance instead. I just sat there and prayed. Jeffrey just said the kids were going with Brianna and I was like, “Whatever!” The little girl wasn’t crying this time. I made Joshua take my hand until we got to the steps because he is a 4yo ball of activity! We went upstairs earlier than the last time, so I was surprised that we only practiced the song twice and then went back to the sanctuary. We ended up waiting enough that we could have practiced one more time. I thought Brianna and I might go up on the steps where the kids would stand with our regular church kids because of Joshua and if the little girl started to cry, so I followed the kids up to that point and realized that Brianna was nowhere to be seen. So, I sat in front of the alter rail out of sight of the kids so I wouldn’t distract them. Beth led the kids in singing and Leslie played the piano. It wasn’t long before Josh was running ON the choir chairs! Brianna had been sitting in the pews and had to enter the choir area the back way to corral him. How did I know Josh would be a problem and she didn’t? The kids did great, though. The parents were videoing them on their phones and everyone went crazy when they were done. I was proud of them. I stood up and clapped and gave them a thumbs up.

The kids went to sit with their parents, so the 3 adults and I along with three other parents of kids from our choir went upstairs to hide eggs in the youth room since it was raining. Brianna didn’t introduce me to anyone. I tried to talk to one person and she just ignored me. Maybe these kids act like their parents or something, because this mom has two kids in youth group, too! When the kids were done eating, we took them upstairs with two parents who went with us. The eggs didn’t have candy in them because we didn’t want some kids to get all of the eggs and others hardly any – the hunt itself was to be fun. They turned in their eggs afterward for a bag of candy. Before the kids could enter the room, they were outside the door with me and were being handed baskets. David, this huge kid who hadn’t wanted to participate in anything was going to end up getting a girlie basket and I did NOT want that to happen and make things worse! I kept giving the baskets to other kids and asking Brianna for a bag. She FINALLY gave me a grocery bag and I told David he could use that instead of a pink basket. I spent the whole time encouraging the kids, but David didn’t even want to look for eggs. I told him he needed at least one egg to get his bag of candy, and then told him to look at the higher up places for the harder to find eggs. He did end up with a good many eggs, so I guess he listened. 

After we went downstairs one mom introduced herself to me and I told her who I was and Brianna said, “Oh, yeah,” but still didn’t introduce me to anyone. Leslie came up to me before she left and asked if I was going to be around this summer. I said yes and she said they were going to try to have a lunch program for the kids two days a week this year and they could use someone to sit with the kids and talk to them if I wanted to help, so I told her sure. I’ve been wondering why Brianna hasn’t ever mentioned this! The adults in the church who I have met like me, so I know I’m not a horrible person who P. Cathy is just being nice to or something! Oh, and I actually saw Crystal on the evening of the 24th before I wrote to you and I don’t see her again until 4/3. Friday is actually our regular day to meet, but we had to change it that week.

I’m getting a tooth pulled on Monday. It’s a bad tooth, but since it hasn’t been hurting me, the dentist has been putting it off and doing fillings so they don’t get worse. The pain and cold sensitivity mean that it finally has to be pulled at this appt., though. The dentist said in the past that she might have to take bone. The last time she did that, it took three weeks to heal and I had to be on liquid and mush. That along with my foot appt. on Tuesday, IDK if I’ll be able to help on Thursday or on Easter, so I’ll have to let Brianna know right away. That would really stink after I’ve wanted this for so long, but at least I’d have good reasons.

You thought your letter was long – mine was so long that I had to break it into two parts! LOL! I wanted to reassure you that you are TOTALLY sane! You are surely saner than I am. We have a project we had to do for Sunday School and usually I am the only one who does the homework except for maybe one other person, so I wanted to be sure it was done even if it seemed kind of morbid. It relates to the kind of legacy that we want to leave behind after we die. So, we had to write our own epitaph and ask a couple of others if they would write an epitaph for us. This is what I wrote, “The cracks resulting from my brokenness were filled by Christ and made me stronger.” The head of volunteers at the library wrote, “She asked for so little but gave so very much.” My Grandma wrote, “REDEEMED – SET FREE,

TO GOD BE THE GLORY, FOREVER AND EVER.” I had texted my Grandma and asked her if she was going to do this for me and she said she couldn’t if God didn’t tell her what to write. Then she sent me that and said God had just given it to her “like lightning”. I hope that someone else comes with their epitaph homework done because otherwise I’ll feel like I’m bragging or something when that isn’t what this is all about!

Okay then. LATER for sure! LOL!

George =)

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

I've already tried to submit two separate posts (this will be my third) saying how glad I am that my last post went through.  I totally messed up on copying it and saving it to my computer so I had no backup if it didn't pass moderation.  I don't know what's going on, but it's kind of ridiculous!  I just had a simple "BUMP!" post not go through.  Like, what?

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Hi Aurora,

I'm pretty sure that my last post wasn't even read because it went through so fast. Now my two paragraph post for my chat in SA finally went through like 4-1/2 hours later!

Do you know that after you sent a post through you just hit the back button and your post is there as if you hadn't sent it. I keep that if I didn't write on Word just in case it doesn't go through, then I can send it again. I didn't with my post on SAMB since it was so short! I have been learning NOT to write long posts on here because if everything suddenly highlights for no apparent reason and I go to hit the next key, my whole post can be gone. That has happened so many times and no back button can help with that! I did learn a couple of times when I didn't hit the back button after submitting and I kept creating other posts and my huge post didn't go through, I hit the back button like 20 times and it took me all the way to the huge post so that I could submit it again! You can ONLY do that if it's on the same tab and it doesn't always work because of some glitch - of which there are always many in the system! Just to let you know!

George =)

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Aurora,

You are adopting a newbie?

You are sooo very active compared to me anymore!!

George =)

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Hi George,

I'm going to reply in a couple of posts as well because that seemed to have helped.

I don't use the phone too much, but I had an appointment with my counselor that I was supposed to cancel.  My Dad is the only one with a "cell phone"--meaning iPhone, which really isn't a phone--then my Mom has a tracfone and we have a kid's tracfone.  Well, we used to have two, but we didn't use one of them and just never renewed it.  Plus, I am really the only one who ever has a need for a phone (when I'm at a meeting or something and need to be picked up) so I just keep it in my purse.  Maybe you could look into getting a tracfone or similar?  They're like 5 dollars and then you just add minutes whenever you want.  

I hope everything works out with your apartment!  The whole rent thing sounds like a bunch of nonsense.

The thing about my Dad is that he will really defend anything no matter how stupid.  It's like everything has to be an argument and he always has to be on whatever the other side of it is.  So if I say "Gee!  The space that exists in-between the passenger's seat and the center console is completely unnecessary!"  he will come up with a whole argument on why it is needed.  Huh?  It's just that my brothers obviously mimic this attitude and it gets obnoxious.

I really like cooking because it's probably the only thing I do "just because".  I mean, I play the violin and I LOVE it, but I still have to try to play the notes right and stay in time.  I make the flowers, but those get sold.  Etc, etc.  But, when I'm baking it's like "do whatever you want, Aurora!" and I really, really love that.  

The water thing is crazy!  I had no idea that all that happened before you even felt thirsty at all.  Woah.  I think that drinking water just gets tiresome sometimes.  I just reached a new level of laziness.  XD

I hate how healthy food costs so much!  When I went couponing yesterday I just bought vegetables, fruit, and fresh bread.  I haven't done that in a while, so it was nice to do.  I didn't save a ton because that's hard to do with perishables, but I got probably about $35 worth of stuff and used some gift cards I had left over from last week (maybe $12) and only had to spend less than $3.  I bet you can understand why bananas were in there.  I mean, as far as fruit go, they aren't the healthiest, but they sure are dirt cheap!  I paid a dollar for enough bananas for a week!

It stinks that your shot didn't work!  Blech.  Sometimes drugs are like that: they work oh-so-perfectly and then out of the blue decide to quit on you.  Hopefully it was just that they gave it to you wrong or something and you can get a good dose.  If that is what you are hoping for, of course!

I think that my face is looking better.  It's really not that bad and the water might be helping.  I think it's just the combination of eczema and an already chubby face and probably something else that makes it look weird.  I just don't like how your face is the first thing people notice and fat faces are usually connected to out-of-shape people.  I mean, I'm definitely not a skinny person, but I try!  Geesh, that was a really vain statement.  

I have to go now, but there is definitely more I want to say!  

Talk later,

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Hellllooooo again, George!

Thanks for the tips on hitting the back button.  :)  I totally forgot about that.  

Let me know how Mission Titanic is whenever you get a chance to read it.  I totally understand you not having read it yet.  I got "Countdown" from the Unstoppable series on my kindle to re-read and every time I go to read it I fall asleep!  This is totally crazy because I used to have a crazy difficult time ever falling asleep--never mind while reading!

Fifty people is a lot to write letters to!  It's so nice of you that you are doing that; you really are a sweet person.  I'm sure that at least one of those people really, truly appreciates it.  Geesh, I don't mean to infer that the other 49 just toss the letter, it's just that the "one person" thing is what I say a lot.  You know, if I can help just one person this will be worth it.  

I was so certain I had already told you about the palms at my church...I guess not yet!  We get the palms in and then the youth group has to go and strip them.  It sure is interesting; most churches must get them pre-stripped because I've never seen it before I moved here.  It's a little weird to explain: basically they are kind of..stacked? and then we have to peel them apart into individual palm strips.  Almost like husking corn.  XD  But if the whole "corn" was really just husk and the husk wasn't husk..it was a palm branch.  

We actually got less palms this year than last because we had a good amount left last year.  Of course there were roughly eight trillion people at mass this morning, so I'm 98% sure we ran out early.  Oh well!  How about your church?  Did you have enough?  This is super mean, but your story about Pastor Cathy freaking out was actually kind of funny.  XD  I'm glad that you were able to find out a system to count them out, though!

What exactly is a Seder?  I've never heard of it.  

Even though it's like nature and stuff, your explanation of the birds got me mad.  Like, move over first-born!!!  I really am a nut-case...  

I'm glad that Hungry Hearts went at least a little bit better this week!  A lot of stupid situations like that are all about trying to figure out the best way to deal with the specific person/people involved.  Why do people have to be so difficult?!?  Of course, look at who's talking.

Yuck, getting teeth pulled stinks.  I hope it goes alright!  I'll be praying for you. 

The epitaph project actually sounds really cool!  We both seem to have similar struggles with other people not caring about random projects; I really hope that the other people in your class participate in this one.  

That reminds me: get offended and call me stalkerish, but I knew how upset you were getting over the Defenders, so I went on to see if anyone had actually bothered to at least acknowledge your posts.  And I just wanted to say that it was very...brave? of you to post the one about the Defenders being dead.  And congratulations because a lot of the time I never know when to put an end to stuff like that; I just try to drag out dead projects.  

It's already 4:00!  How did that happen?

Talk later,

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Oh, and you had asked about the "adopt a newbie" thing.  I really haven't been active at all on here and I figured it would get me more involved.  Not that I have the time or anything.  XD  Plus, I knew that the wait list was super-long and that there weren't many new guys signing up; I knew my chances of getting paired up were slim.  Is that trickery?  

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Hi Aurora,

I was JUST NOW writing to you on the MB and sure enough, one keystroke and everything was GONE! I HATE THAT! I hadn’t written a whole “letter”, but I’d written a lot already!

Anyway, I’ll talk to my mom about a tracfone. We were going to look at Wal-mart on Friday anyway. She has to stick with her plan because it doesn’t end until October, but IDK what she’s going to do after that because so many places won’t do the month-to-month thing is you already have a nice phone. My friend has a dad and brother like yours. She hates it, too, when they act like that. I feel bad for you both! Yes, I am hoping that the doctor gave it to me in the wrong place or something because IDK what we’ll do if the shot has just stopped working. One and a half years ago I had therapy on my foot for two months and it didn’t do ANY good at all! I know that there is some boot that I could wear and gradually tighten it or something to stretch the fascia tendon or whatever, but we would have to pay for the boot out of pocket and it’s really expensive. I’d have to wear it all of the time and it would hurt for a while or when it’s tightened or something. I forget since it was explained so long ago. THIS time if the doctor gives me a shot (I’m pretty much going to insist that we try again) I’m going to do something different. The doc presses on different spots on the bottom of my foot to find the right pressure point to know where to put the shot. I had a hard time finding it and maybe I settled for what hurt the most and not what really hurt. So, this time I’m going to ask my mom to take a photo of the dot that the doctor draws on my foot so we can have a better idea of where it is the next time. Why don’t THEY do that? Am I really smarter than a doctor now? Please tell me I’m not – I’m just snotty or something! I’m glad that your face looks better. I’ve gained some weight since becoming a teen and the bullying and all, so I know how it feels to have extra weight in the face, let alone other places. I really want to get back to walking! Oh, and healthy food. One of the things Melissa wanted me to try is Greek yogurt because it has less carbs and WAY more protein than regular yogurt. We have a grocery store practically next store, so that’s where we’ve been buying the yogurt. All of the price stickers on the shelf always said $4.29. Well, the other day I went inside while my Mom was in the car JUST to get yogurt. I had the money ready when the lady said it was $6.09. I was like, WHAT?!?!? I told her no, that’s not the price and I wasn’t paying that, I wanted to check the price. Well, all of the stickers were there EXCEPT for that one, so she called a manager. I told her that we’d always paid $4.29. She saw there was no sticker, but said the prices were just raised the day before and showed me that another Greek yogurt was $5.99, but said she’d charge me the $4.29 and check out the problem later. I checked past receipts when we got home and we’ve been paying $5.99 all this time for 4 cups of yogurt! Is that craziness or what? Now we know where all of my mom's hard earned money went!!! The next time we went to the store the price was 50¢ less. I have gotten to LOVE that yogurt! I add chocolate protein powder, but it’s not very chocolaty, so I add plain cocoa to it as well. YUM! We’ll have to buy less, but if I end up on liquid and mush, I’m going to be eating my yogurt!! We have to see if it’s any cheaper at Walmart!

Fifty people is a lot to write to. Gail said that she does sometimes get calls from people saying how nice the cards are that they have received. She has never said if I’m to use the church’s address or mine and I keep forgetting to ask, so I’ve been using mine, but putting the church acronym above it. I also write that I’m from the church and put the acronym after my name after I sign it. I figure that “I” want to know if the card comes back as undeliverable or something. Until she tells me otherwise, it’s what I’m going to do. I hope the cards make people smile!

Wow, I never knew that the regular palms came like that. That’s cool. Yeah, it was funny when Pastor Cathy freaked out when she saw the palms, but didn’t laugh about it until I got home. LOL. I said something to Chris, the older lady who I sit with at early service and she said they always get the different palms. I guess nobody bothered to tell Pastor Cathy. We got palms at that service toward the end. I put mine on top of the coatrack when I went to Sunday school. When I returned to the late service, I was a bit early, and I always just use the bulletin from the early service, so I just sat down. Then I saw that the ushers were handing out the palms! I already knew that the kids were to pass out the palms because Pastor Cathy had mentioned it. I saw in the bulletin that it said after the children’s message to stay seated as you sing the hymn because the kids will be passing out the palms. Cindy’s husband was head usher and for once, she was late! As soon as I saw her I showed her the bulletin. I said, “Unless P. Cathy changed her mind, that’s what’s here, too, and I’M not going to go say something to your husband.” So she went to John and he told her that “a head person” said that nobody at the early service got palms, so they were told to hand them out. I told her that wasn’t true, we all got palms. I just said that I hoped that if P. Cathy hadn’t wanted the palms passed out, she would realize it before sending the kids out to pass out the palms because they would be disappointed.

I saw Pastor Cathy go up to Brianna when she brought the littlest kids in for the children’s message. She asked us to raise our hands if we hadn’t received palms. I raised my hand because mine was over the coatrack. She said, “Okay, well with these few and I don’t think the choir got palms (then looked at them to see that she was correct), there will be enough for the kids to pass out.” So, GUESS WHAT CINDY’S HUSBAND DID? While Pastor Cathy was giving the children’s message, he had two people go up and hand palms out to the choir! I mean, DUH! When Pastor Cathy was done with the message she was going to send the kids up to the choir, but the choir waved their palms at her, so she told Brianna to walk them around the sanctuary for a parade to wave their palms while we sang the hymn. BUT, P. Cathy had the hand of a tiny little girl. She had the little girl a palm and brought her to me to give me a palm. How sweet! P. Cathy is so quick to adapt, so crisis averted, but jeez! We had more than enough palms and people were even putting their palms back after the service was over! OH, and our services are an hour long each. The late service went LATE – by 45 minutes! But I love church, so I didn’t mind. I even came home and listened to a sermon on an app that Mary Lyn showed me.

Some of the kids in the Sunday school did do their homework for a change. Yay! They weren’t very creative, though. One boy had his mom write his epitaph, so his was overly loving! I went last, so I read what I wrote first, then what my Grandma wrote. The teachers liked what she wrote better than all of them. That’s cuz God gave it to her “like lightning”! =)

A Seder is the traditional Jewish “meal” that they use to celebrate Passover. They have an extra place setting for Elijah since they think he is their messiah. There is a whole story to it. The grandmother lights the Hanukkah candles and at the appropriate point the youngest child who has been taught, asks the four questions that are to be answered. They have salt water to represent tears and isn’t to be drank, horseradish for bitterness, parsley for something, an apple/raisin mixture for sweetness, wine (grape juice), egg for new birth, and matzos to represent the unleavened bread. It represents the time when the angel of death passed over the Jews’ homes, but took the firstborn male in all Egyptian households during the last plague, and their run for freedom. They have a traditional Jewish meal after the Seder. Out of respect for the Jews, Christians call it Haggadah since it contains the stories of both the Jewish and Christian Passovers. It was really cool.

I was to take tickets – by myself! Pastor Cathy told me, “You’ll figure it out.” She saw me asking the very first couple, elderly, for their tickets and they didn’t have them, so Pastor Cathy sent me upstairs with her 18yo son Jonah to hide chocolate gold coins for the kids to find later. She never did have anyone collect tickets! We had 60 of them and his dad was to bring 30 more, so we hid most of them in the teen room for the older kids, then hid a few in the kid’s room. Jonah and I hid them REALLY HARD for the kids 3-5th grade to find. His dad came just as we were done and told us to come down for the Haggadah. I told him that I wanted to help hide the rest of them. When we got to the breaking point of the Haggadah that the meal was to be served, the tables with kids went first. I was at an adult table (not with P. Cathy’s family), so I went to Mike and said we should hide the rest of the coins. He, Jonah, and I went up and he had 60 more coins, so we hid most of them easily in the kid’s room. Mike was disappointed that he only got to do the easy hiding, so we each got two coins and went into the teen room to see who could hide them the hardest. It was so fun! Pastor Cathy came up to find THEM because almost everyone had been through the food line by then. I came around the corner (the teen room is L-shaped) and she was like, “I DIDN’T KNOW YOU WERE UP HERE!” I just smiled and said, “Sure! Where else would I be? Mike is a bad influence on us!” She wasn’t surprised at all! LOL! Later when she sent the kids up to find the gold coins she had teens go up to help the kids because she, “heard the coins were so well hidden that they might be up there all night! Parents, you might want to pray for your kids to be good finders!” It did take a while, so the younger kids came over when they were done. It was fun, though. I acted like I hadn’t helped to hide them because I didn’t want to further alienate myself from the teens.

Thank you for praying about getting my tooth pulled tomorrow. I really appreciate it. I wish my teeth weren’t stuck to my bone so hard! Hopefully this one won’t be as bad as the last time or it won’t stick to the bone at all. I let Brianna know tomorrow afternoon whether or not I can help Thursday. She saw me at the start of the dinner and said something about me getting a tooth pulled, and then went on to talk about herself and having to maybe get a tooth pulled if her insurance doesn’t change. I was like, “Okay. You only want to talk to me cuz you get to talk about yourself?” How wrong is that of me????? I would not be offended about you being all “stalkerish” for checking out the Defenders. I told Hazel to do it a few times a long time ago, and she ended up doing it all the time after that, but I didn’t mind at all. I just don’t like it when nosey-bodies crash and leave messages. Hazel did it cuz I’d given her permission a few times and she kept doing it because she cared. She knows how hard I’ve been working to get them going since September. I do tend to tell the truth when the mods let me. Sometimes I do realize I need to find a nicer way to say it. You should go check it out again. I gave in, sort of. The mods wouldn’t let me say what I WANTED to say, but we’ll see what happens. A lot depends on Chai.

The newbie thing. I didn’t feel led to sign up. I’m glad you did even if you signed up when you did since there was a queue and they were still waiting for newbies to sign up to finish assigning partners. I hope you get someone who it really works out for the two of you. I think it’s a good idea and HarryPercy is to be commended for thinking of it, I just didn’t want to have another thing to tie me to the MB. I’m here, with the Defenders (if it lasts) and another chat. If the Defenders last, then I’ll have to become more active whenever it goes live to be a presence, but that will mostly be during the summer and still not as much as before because of my volunteering. I told P. Cathy when I left that she’ll have to think of more stuff for me to do. I bet she probably wanted to roll her eyes at that cuz I am SURE she is looking forward to a break once Easter is over! She, Mike, and Jonah are going to take a quick trip to two colleges after Easter because Jonah got a Presidential Scholarship (she was teary when she told me last week!). The other college is her sister’s alma mater and said they would give Jonah a Presidential Scholarship, too, if he chose to go there. He has a 4.4 GPA cuz of his AP classes. She said he could have gotten more offers, but he doesn’t have many extra-curriculars since he did cyberschool. See, look at what awaits you since you are already advanced and have been so successful at the “extra-curriculars” that you do. Jonah’s name isn’t on the potential or winner’s list for the Presidential Scholarship – I just wanted to see his name. P. Cathy said maybe it’s because he’s in cyberschool and OF COURSE they could care less about that! I told Emilie and Hazel the same thing because they both are so smart, but neither do many extra-curriculars yet, either, but they still have time since neither is in high school yet.

This is LONG! I can’t believe I wrote all of this! Whoa! These kinds of posts should at least last us a week, but they don’t, do they??? LOL!

George =)

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Hi George,

I like long posts!  It's just that I won't be able to respond right now.  My day has been interesting.  I didn't do school work all last week and it's so hard to get back into it!  And get this: for lunch I was given a bowl of raw rice.  Huh?  My little brother was supposed to make fried rice and instead of first COOKING the rice (wow, there's an idea XD) he just stir-fried it with some seasoning packet.  I was like "Ummm...it's really crunchy.  You did cook it, right?"   XD  Can't make this stuff up.

Talk to you later!  

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Hi!

That boot sounds super painful.  Kind of like those things they put in your mouth to make your jaw bigger?  Palate expanders?  *shudders* blech.  The doctors don't take record of where they give you a shot?  They just draw a dot and jab you?  Now that's stupid.     

I kind of freaked out when you said $4.29 for yogurt, then realized you were probably talking about the bigger containers.  XD  I thought you meant those little one-serving ones.  I'm not sure what store you went to, but there is usually a policy for if the shelf price doesn't match what rings up or if either prices don't match the sale price.  In Florida we have an upscale store called Publix that will give you the item free if any of the prices don't match.

How did your tooth extraction go?  I hope it went perfectly.  Liquid and mush doesn't sound very fun.  

I would definitely use my home address, too.  I'm the kind of person who wants to know stuff first-hand: if a card was undeliverable or something than I would definitely want it to come back to me!

Palms are weird.  XD  I remember someone telling me last year at palm stripping that these were a different type of palms than what we have just growing randomly everywhere.  

--BTW, not many palm trees in Florida are like "naturally occuring" or anything.  They are all planted because they look nice to visitors.  Unlike evergreens (which also are planted sometimes for aesthetic purposes) you won't see a forest of palm trees!--

Gah!  I so wanted to post more, but I have to go set the table or something.  And then eat dinner.  And then blah, blah, blah.  XD  I'll talk later.

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Okay, I'm Back!  Hey, George.

I must have been given some serenity because it was so needed twelve seconds ago.  Supper was supposed to be made by my older brother, but my dad did that obnoxious thing where he is "helping", but hovering too much and just being a pain.  And not to mention NOT HELPING.  Whatever.  So the tacos are done and we eat and everything and then they're just like "see ya!".  Huh?  I'm still on strike, but I didn't want the leftovers to go to waste.  So I just put away the perishables and left the mess.  I mean, these people make MESSES.  Like bleach worthy messes.  XD

In re your palm story with Cindy's husband: Some people just can't take a hint can they?  In moments like those I'm like "Do you need me to hit you on the head or what?  Maybe a billboard?"  Okay, that was rude.  But, you know.  

I'm so glad that other kids did the project, too!  So nice for a change.

The seder sounds really interesting.  Hmmmm....  

Hiding the coins sounds like fun!  It also sounds like you did a really good job at it.  

So Brianna just changed the topic right to herself?  (Kind of like what I'm about to do XD)  My Dad does that ALL THE TIME.  It's so crazy annoying.  It happens several times a day.  Yesterday I said "Oh, Dad!  Yesterday I got to tell [sister] about how the railroad lights work.  And--" at which point he started to talk about how once when he was a teen some car him off and then he had to stop at the railroad (which apparently was all the other cars fault--in detail) and how then he had a picnic on his car's hood because he was stopped "for ever".  Like, what?  That actually semi-relates to what I was saying, but most of the time it doesn't.  For example, this conversation is guaranteed to happen AT LEAST once a week:

Me: My music teacher says I'm getting way better at the Vivaldi.  That's nice, isn't it?

Dad: That car there looks okay, but the G76million (random car name) has a better engine design.  It's designed with the 98870 (random part name) which is way better.

Do you see a connection there?  Because I sure don't.  The best part is that he doesn't even LISTEN to my half of the conversation.  I'll say "You're taking me to the library on Saturday" and then he'll go off on some sport rant and on Saturday he'll have no clue.  

I'm divided on the Defenders thing.  On one hand I'm like "Glad you could work it out! *smiley emoji*", but on the other I'm like "Seriously?  It took you leaving for someone to even acknowledge your posts?"  I hate it when people are the direct cause of someone doing something (leaving the Defenders in this case) and then freak out when you announce it.  Cause and Effect, people!

I do find "crashers" weird.  I mean, we didn't really have that 'way back in my day'.  (I so wanted to say that! XD)  We just had like C-MAIL so anyone could read all the posts anyway.  So when I first got and saw all the "George only!" and "No crashers!" I was like "Really now?", but now I totally get it (even though I've never really had to deal with it).  I mean, go ahead and read it if you want: I am well aware that this is the internet and ANYONE can see it.  But why do people make a big deal out of it?  "Oh!  I'm crashing."  Maybe its a craving for drama.  I understand that sometimes people have reasons or that they're concerned.  It's just not the time.

Are you still going to stay on the MB?  Are you done or are you just wanting to take a break from being a super active person?

Jonah is Pastor Cathy's son, right?  It's awesome that he got the scholarship!

I didn't know that Hazel or Emilie wasn't in high school yet.  Well, I guess I really don't know either of them now that I think of it; I've just seen them around.  

This internet privacy thing is killing me!  It makes my brain hurt.  Lately (more so than ever it seems) the MBers are trying so hard to give out personal info.  Ways to find them off the MB.  And I understand!  I understand the want to stay in contact with certain people you've met on here.  I understand how they want to be able to Skype and talk face to fcae.  I get it.  But, it's crazy dangerous.  You start linking all the stories and letters on here to faces, those faces to full names, those full names to street addresses...  

It's a scary world we live in, George.  That is something that I don't understand completely.  I felt a lot safer living up north.  Sure, my Mom told me not to go away with strangers and all that, but the point is that there were no strangers.  I knew everyone; the joys of a small town.  Plus I was wicked sheltered.  I didn't know about terrorism, or suicide, or anything.  So yeah, that was a tough weight to carry when I moved and learned about the real world.  We have bomb threats here.  At elementary schools.  And it is so incredibly normal and not out-of-the-ordinary that no one else blinks an eye.  And helicopters just circle.  And your left to wonder why.  Like is there a killer on the loose?  Or has a child been kidnapped?

On a lighter note, as I was typing that my relative (visiting from out of town) just decided to open the door instead of knocking.  Way to freak me out while I was in a fragile mood!  ;)

This MUST post on page 6!!!  I am so sick of having to scroll all the way down.  #firstworldproblems

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Hey Aurora,

I don't have much time here cuz I have to write some cards to shut-ins. I've been gone all day. I read everything you wrote and will reply as I am able to do so. The internet safety thing, I hear you! IDK what kids are thinking. I actually wish the mods would address it instead of never dealing with these things. It would be smart for them to remind people of the SAFETY rules and the reasons for them, which aren't given in the rules. Have a discussion about the whole thing. Kids are mostly safe here, so it gives them the illusion of safety other places on the internet. The mods should educate.

My tooth didn't get pulled today. The dentist didn't have enough time, especially if there might be complications like having to chip away at the bone to get the tooth out. She filled a tooth. The doc said she might not have another opening for TWO MONTHS because she is so booked, but I told her that there was no way I could wait that long. She and her assistant looked at the doc's schedule on the computer behind me. The doc said, "Let's just start with tomorrow and look forward. You never know what we might find. Well, they found a 1-1/2 hour period of time NEXT MONDAY, right AFTER Easter! I was happy about that because 1) I won't have to wait long. 2) I will be able to attend all of the Easter services. 3) I'll be able to help with the kids on Thursday and Easter (that made P. Cathy REALLY happy!). 4) I'll be able to eat for another week. I see my nutritionist on Thursday and we are going to talk about the kinds of things I can eat and drink JUST IN CASE I have to stick with liquids and mush for 2-3 weeks like the last time. The last time I had ice cream, SF popsicles, SF jello, and mashed potatoes most of the time. I did lose weight, but it's a lot of carbs and I want to do better this time. Not saying I'll TOTALLY give up the mashed taters and ice cream if I have to do this, but I will do better!

I forgot to tell you about the eagles yesterday, so I'll tell you about them the next time I write and respond to some of what you wrote. I'm glad that you write as much as I do!!!

George =)

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_