Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Branch: Ekaterina

Hello again,

So I didn't expect to get back to you this soon, but during my Driver's Ed class there is this 20 minute video on teen fatal crashes, etc. that I really don't want to watch, but can't skip.  So I have it just playing in the background (no sound) and decided to take advantage of this time.

How did your doctor's appointment go?  Is the protein thing for snacks or for meals, too?  I was going to say that I didn't have a diet, but then again everyone does.  I don't really follow one medically though.  Just make sure to eat something every once in a while to avoid low blood sugar.  I do try to eat more protein than carbs: cheese, peanuts, etc.  You're right, proteins and fruits are probably among the most expensive stuff in the grocery store!  We can't get super cheap fruit at the regular grocery store, but there are a ton of places to get fresh fruit around Florida.  We got some honeybells (mmmmmm....my favorite!) from a nice orange grove in January, and coming up at the end of the month we will stock up on strawberries at the Strawberry Festival.  I can't remember where you said that you lived, but you mentioned snow and that usually doesn't go hand-in-hand with fresh fruit.  I do really like freeze dried fruit; maybe you could try it?  Probably the same price, but sometimes it's good to shake stuff up a bit.

I wanted to talk and stuff, but didn't want to appear narcissistic, etc.  So then I thought that if I added a dividing line that would someone make it better?  Yeah, that doesn't make much sense.  But I'm going to do it anyways.

Well, today's Ash Wednesday which is supposed to be a day of fasting and I am so torn about this.  Because I can't not eat.  It makes me like super faint.  But then I kinda feel like I'm cheating.  Like I am just taking advantage of some lame excuse.  I don't know.  I feel guilty?  Do you fast today/Good Friday? 

This is kinda what I almost didn't say.  Because I felt whiny for writing about being sick and then responding to your way worse physically abusive story.  Gah!  So it's in invisible ink (plus tbh it's kinda disgusting).

Okay so the whole sinus pressure/infection is still happening, but on Sunday I thought it was a ton better.  Then on Monday I wake up at like 7:30 (which is way early for me) with a bloody nose.  And this totally displays what a squeamish person I am because that grosses me out.  I seriously can barely type any of this.  Anyway just got a tissue and read and pretended nothing was happening.  And it didn't stop for almost an hour.  I didn't really care, just tired and was upset that I was out of my box of tissues.  But I have like PND and ended up swallowing a bunch of that blood.  Which just sounds way super disgusting.  Ick.  And, ewwww ewww ewww ewww ewww, I ended up like spitting out most of it, but glossing over the rest of the details, I spent the day with an upset stomach and totally grossed out.  So sorry if you were like trying to not be also completely grossed out, but you were warned. 

---

I am like super upset about your bullying story.  Stuff like that is the reason why I don't go to public school.  I grew up in a small town where everyone was a family friend and there was like zero conflict.  I guess that's considered "sheltered", because when I moved to Florida I seriously freaked out.  Like, I knew about wars, etc., but I never knew stuff like getting beat up at school actually happened.

It's just super aggrivating.  I mean, they had no reason to be mean to you.  I can see why you are "paranoid"; I would be too.  I feel like you are stuck in a similar (but super different) boat as me with your youth group.  Not sure how much they know or how much you want them to know.  Although, I am not afraid that I would be bullied/made fun of if I opened up; I'm just kinda a coward.  

Are you still thinking of going back to school?  Because to be real with you I don't know if that's a good idea.  I'm conflicted.  On one hand I know that I had kinda encouraged you to go back.  But on the other hand, I don't know.  It would be great for you to "get back on your feet" and Start Over.  People change.  But people never change.  How about this: have you toured this new High School?  That might be a good idea.  Get a sense of the atmosphere and just observe a bit.  Gauge the attitude.  

I first thought that you should go and attack this problem, but given 9 lawsuits it probably wouldn't be very beneficial.

----

Did any of that actually sound like advice?  Going back I don't think so.  I'll try again later.

Talk soon!

Aurora

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

"I'm not asking for a million years or never or forever.  I'm asking for one day only.  Today." ~Irina

"Be happy with what you have while working for what you want" ~Helen Keller

Aurora

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Gah!  I didn't actually invisible ink any of that!!!  Sorry!

3 pages, though.  Quite an achievement!!!  

• Posted at:

"I'm not asking for a million years or never or forever.  I'm asking for one day only.  Today." ~Irina

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Branch: Lucian

Hey Aurora,

Yeah, three pages! Awesome! That's okay that you didn't invisible ink any of that. I'm not too squeamish! I have some things I have to work on tonight for an appt tomorrow and I have Ash Wednesday service, too. No, I don't fast or anything. It wouldn't really be good for me, either. It's not something we grew up with even though my Grandma and Pop were pastors. We were always told is was more of a Catholic thing. My mom's friend almost forgot it was Ash Wednesday. She doesn't observe either, but her husband is Catholic and he does, but she tends to forget. It's all about how you are raised, I suppose. 

I will likely write to you tomorrow afternoon/evening. I hope you feel better soon. Thank you for taking the time to respond!!

George =)

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

wonderwhip,            ●~

and an amazecherry on top!

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

OH MY GOSH!!!!  I just found a braille error that my mom has been looking for for months!!!!!!!  SO EXCITED!!! :D  It was sorta accidental to be honest.  I went to open the name file in SimBraille, but I had to use my sister's computer that only has ASCII.  And then I saw it!!!  The name was "Adrian".  The messed up one looked like ",ADRI@N" in ASCII which is how I was able to see it; in just regular SimBraille (flat dots) the dot 4 cell (which was the error she used) looks just like a dot one (the letter "a") and that's why we never saw it.  

None of that really makes any sense, does it?  Either way I just had to share with someone because I won't see her until tonight.  :D  So excited!!!  Plus then I continued to get 100% on all 70 spelling words for the 3rd day in a row!  My day totally just made a 180.  Yay!

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Hi Aurora! 

I sort of understood about the braille mistake. Yay!!!

100% on your spelling test for three days in a row! Woo hoo!!!

Your name is the same as the rest of your post even with the tilde! Awesomesauce!!!

I'm happy you are so happy!

George =)

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Good afternoon, George!

How was your doctor's appointment?  I hope everything went nice and smooth.  

Yeah, none of that "advice" sounds good looking back.  It's pretty much me just trying to make sense of my own thoughts.  But just typing as I think instead of thinking it over a couple times first.  Sorry about that!

What I meant to say was that I think you should go to the school and gauge the atmosphere.  But because I am indecisive person, I changed my mind like a million times in the course of 4 paragraphs.  

Sorry, gotta go make dinner.  Talk soon!

~Aurora

P.S I was super excited about the tilde thing, too.  Not sure if this is pushing my luck again though.  ;)  I realized that no one does the tilde before your name anymore.  That used to be big "way back when".  Some (can't remember her name) used to do like a flower think. Something like this ~~*.  Except for not really and it looked more artistic :P.

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Aurora,

I actually had made a long post telling you about my dr appt shortly after my other post. MIA! ARGHHH!!! I'll work on that later.

I agree with you about taking a tour. They do this with incoming freshmen every year. I'm sure my mom and I could go through with an appointment. It'd be hard to gauge without going, I think. It is hard to know what to do.

I'll be back. Tonight or tomorrow!

George =)

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

George,

It's getting late!  But I wanted to type back.

Okay, posts (especially long ones) getting deleted is seriously painful.  My condolences.  I mean, I was kinda miffed that it was so short, but wasn't going to say anything.  

My mom got home late and then she helped me with this resume contest thing I've been working on and now I am just exhausted!  But I still have to write up an agenda (which admittedly was supposed to be done like a week ago), so I guess rest can wait?  Yup, that'll do.

Talk later.  I was going to say "Talk later when I have sleep and make more sense", but I think you've learned by now that my levels of coherency don't exactly change no matter how much sleep I get.  XD

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Hi Aurora,

I haven't forgotten about you, I promise. My computer is sluggish. I'm trying to catch up on SS readings today just in case church isn't canceled tomorrow. We might have 6-8 inches of snow by midnight, then some ice, then some rain that will be icy. It's all confusing what the morning will be like. Hard to tell if our parking lot will be plowed since it won't be high on anybody's list of things to do, but I want to be prepared in case. Yet I couldn't stay awake this afternoon. ARGH!!! I had PT Thursday. I don't think they know what they are doing sometimes. My mom canceled the last three appointments because I was sick and it was too freezing to do any walking, yet after the treadmill (which was fine), I had to do two weight machines for my thighs and lunges then the squats - the same number of sets and repetitions as the last time I was there! I was about to fall down from being weak! They should have started with the EASIER exercises, not the hardest ones. And done fewer of each! So I told them I couldn't do any more and that they had to ice the backs of my thighs. Brittany was like, "WHAT???" I had sharp pains in the back of my thighs and if she didn't know why then maybe she shouldn't be a PT! Yesterday and today my thighs have been killing me like maybe I ran a marathon or something! Ugh!

I have to go. I will write Sunday!

George

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Hey Aurora,

My computer is causing a lot of problems for me. My mom doesn't know if we can afford to take it to be looked at right now or not. It doesn't want to let me highlight so that I can make all of the post the same color whether it's on here or excel or word or whatever. It is sluggish. I've already been having some problems with my email, so it seems as if the problem may be expanding into other areas or something. We def can't afford another computer, though. I just have to wait and see what happens, I guess. :(

This is what my doctor had said: A low bp is fine as long as I'm not symptomatic. Who knew? The reason my bp can be low one morning and normal the next is due to the amount of water I drink. If I'm dehydrated, it will be low. If I'm really dehydrated, I'll be low and symptomatic (not good). I take at least two meds that cause dehydration, so I have to drink more water due to that. She is okay with more protein and less carbs because she will keep checking my kidney function consistently and if she really needs to, she will put me back on the tiniest amount of the one bp med. After the kidney function test next week, she will see if she will do anything right now or not.

I can't remember if there was something else I was supposed to tell you or not. My thighs are still killing me. No more sharp pains, but still such pain. I finally returned to church and all of the standing and sitting hurt so much. I go to the first service, SS, and the late service. I get more out of the service when I go twice, plus I take notes. I get distracted too easily and the second time I'm better. So, what is up with you?

George

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Hello!  Just sent in a post to moderation: planned in advance and saved it because its pretty long.  Talk soon!

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Looks like it might not be coming through. =(

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

So glad I saved; had a feeling it wasn't going to work.  I'm trying again now.  I'll edit it tomorrow if it doesn't go through again.

Good night!

Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Hello,

How are you?  I guess I'm full of controversy :P.  I'm deleting out the part that probably didn't pass inspection and just posting the rest.  Then later I'll edit the offending section to still try and get the point across.

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Hey,

That's a ton of snow!  My relatives it the north talk about 9 foot snow drifts and I can't even visualize that! 

Physical Therapy sounds frustrating.  I can relate.  Like, aren't you guys the doctor professionals?  I'm glad the low bp isn't a big problem.  A kidney function test sounds super unpleasant, though.  I hope it's not too awful.  Being sore stinks so I hope tomorrow morning you feel a bunch better.

These past couple days have been kinda...eh.  I can't even really remember much anymore.  I was probably upset with my dad.  A couple times.  ;)  Let's think....okay.  So about a week ago probably I made beer bread (super delicious BTW).  You pour a stick of melted butter of the top and everything.  Except the butter flowed over the top of the pan when the bread baked.  SO it settled on the bottom of the oven and has been slowing burning all week.  And, you guessed it, Friday comes around, I'm making brownies when Mom opens the oven to put in the pizza.  BIG CLOUD OF SMOKE.  Totally smoked up the whole house.  Like thick, I-can't-breath! smoke.  So I spent most of the afternoon/evening outside.   

Ummm....yesterday I had a church event thing.  That was kinda cool, but it was with a whole different group of leaders (instead of the people I know) so I didn't really get the full "impact".  You know, because I was kinda like uncomfortable and stuff with these strangers. 

At the beginning they did those "join in everybody!" songs.  (The ones with the cheesy dance/hand motions.)  And I felt so super pathetic and weak because I got wicked faint.  I mean, we were just do-si-do-ing.  Seriously, I had to ask someone to open up the kitchen so I could get my inhaler.  While doing little kid dances.  Standing up, sitting down.  How pathetic.

And today?  (which was actually yesterday now ;) )  Not much.  Played board games and read.  My little brother is getting on my nerves.  Technically he is a teenager, but he completely embodies a 3 year old.  He was crying and yelling all during the games and it gave me an awful headache.  And I ended up arguing with him a ton and no one else seemed to care/do anything.  Ugh.  I made a felted pansy flower.  That was cool.  And I fell down the stairs.  Seriously, what kind of 14 year old falls down the stairs?  Plus, even though its only February, I'm pretty sure this has already happened this year.  I'm all good though; just landed on my wrist really smoothly (yeah, right) so my back doesn't hurt.  I fell really bad down the stairs while on a boat a bit ago and like forgot my leg at the top.  XD Oh!  And speaking of being stupid and clumsy: I burned my finger today.  Yup, I'm so cool.  ;)  I was making an omelet and dropped some cheese near the stove and when I went to pick it up I touched that metal rim on the frying pan.  Which was so stupid because I've done that probably a billion times while making water, etc. and hardly ever actually feel it.  And today I spent the whole day with an ice pack.  Like 6 hours later I could finally spend more than a minute away from the ice. 

Well I just proved that I could turn "Not much" into way too many words.  XD I am feeling a ton better than I did when I started this if you couldn't already tell from the excess amount of smileys.  I was going to talk about my music, but I really have to go now.  Getting late and I didn't eat dinner.  Ice cream is calling me!  :)

I hope you are doing well.  This post was mostly about me in hindsight.  Woops, sorry.  I do sincerely hope you are getting along in life fabulously.

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Finally!  

Today has been kinda hectic already.  *Sigh*  I really haven't gotten much done to be honest.  I just took a shower and made lunch and now I'm working on school.  The thing is, I was kinda proud of lunch: I made Chicken Parmesan and I know how much everyone in my family loves it.  I mean, it isn't super hard to make, but it took a while.  Bread, fry, bake, boil pasta.  It's just my dad.  It's like he doesn't appreciate anything I do.  And I'm trying not to be upset about it.  Really.  I know my mom says that he really does care and I also know that it was delicious and I'm trying not to be irrational.  It's just tough I guess.  Whatever.

So I got 100 on my Driver's Ed reflection journal!  I want to pass the course with 100 (which is happening right now), but I don't want to be unreasonable, so I guess I'm aiming for like 96?  Just checked and 4.0 goes from 97-100.  So 4.0 is a better goal, I guess.

Talk later,

Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Okay, I've come to try and test my editing abilities.   Let's try this:

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Later on (at the church thing) they showed us a powerpoint. It was on preaching through social media, etc., but that wasn't what really stuck with me (because I don't use social media). What hit me was this statistic: 92% of pre-natal diagnoses of Down Syndrome end in abortion. Woah. 92%. That freaked me out big-time. I mean, my church is big against abortion (we do campaigns, etc) and I'm pretty sure I've heard before about Down Syndrome being a reason to abort. But 92%? That's awful. I did a bit of research last night, and various surveys have gotten slightly different results. But the lowest I saw was 89%.

The rest of the post was on statistics so I guess that was a bit too much.  Just wanted to share with you.

Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Hi Aurora,

I'm not going to reply in any specific order. I read your last post just now, though. I had no idea that the stats were so high, either. That is crazy. The lady in charge of the children's ministry, who is new (I'm not sure if she's new to the church or just new to being in charge of the children's ministry) has two children. Her daughter is 4 and I think her son is about 1818 months old and he has Down'sDown's Syndrome. I will be helping with the kids eventually and I've only talked to Brianna once. She seems kind of shy to be in charge of such a huge ministry, so I don't know much about her or even her kid's names or anything. I was surprised because from what I've read most Down'sDown's children are born to women who are 3535 and older. He's an adorable kid, though.

Crystal, my therapist, told me about two weeks ago that she's pregnant again. I was so happy for her that I just laughed before I congratulated her. She has two boys who are almost 2 and 3 and I think she's close to 3535. She said most people responded by saying, "Are you nuts?" I told her that was sad! She said that she and her hubby had always wanted a third child, but not again in the summer is all, and they are happy. When she went to the doctor they mentioned her age and that she should have all of these tests and the amniotic fluid and she said that she didn't like to hear that stuff because of her age but she told them, "No thanks," because it wouldn't make a difference in whether or not she and her husband would keep their child. It was good to hear, but I am surprised she tells me some of these things. I guess she feels that it's okay to share certain things since I share my life with her and maybe it makes me more trusting.

You tried your editing abilities and I didn't see anything in invisible ink. Sorry!

My mom didn't work this morning so she went to PT with me. We had Candy, the other one of the pair I work with. I told her how bad I'd hurt until this morning and that I felt that Brittany had done too much after my being sick and taking time off. She said she would be easier on me. We did less time on the treadmill. We went to the weight machines, which concerned me, but she said we'd do less reps. The first machine she said Brit had me on the same weight as before. The 2nd2nd machine Brit had ADDED 20LBS20LBS and had me do the same number of reps as usual! My mom and I were both mad! That is what had killed my thighs and caused the sharp pains. I only have one more visit. It's next week and my mom wants to know how to voice her concern to someone other than Brittany. She might be hurting other people!

That is a bummer that you had butter on the bottom of the oven and it made all of that nasty smoke. At least it was nice out for you to be outside! I'm sorry that it seems as if your dad doesn't appreciate the things that you do. Maybe he's just not the expressive type? Have you and your mom and he ever sat down and talked or anything? I LOVE chicken parmesan, but I'm not a very good cook. You are going to get a 4.0 in Driver's Ed. You seem to be like a very determined person

I can understand you being uncomfortable at youth group with new leaders. I would be, too, and I'm just getting used to the leader who we have! And that dancing and singing. Wow, that would have been a lot for you to do. You shouldn't feel badly about needing your inhaler because of doing "little kiddie dances". If you have asthma, that's a serious issue. You don't have to tell them anything else about you, but you can tell them that you have asthma. That's not going to get you lots of attention. It's common and understandable. You just have to decide if it's worth it to get out of breath over something like some dorky dances that you don't really want to be doing anyway.

My big sis Mary used to watch these two kids when she was a teenager. The girl was abo12 12 and the boy was 10. They were really sweet. The boy was in a motorized wheelchair with a headrest because of a muscular disease. She was about 16-17 when she watched them after school for 1-1/2 years. Mario (not his real name) was very smart and had no problems in school, but he had to have a nurse with him most of the time. He didn't need one at home for two hours with a sitter and his very smart, caring, and loving sister there. Mario loved to play video games, their favorite board game that they could play nonstop was Monopoly, and when the weather was nice, the neighbor kids would come and play wiffle ball and let Mario win. Well, because of that, when he wasn't winning at Monopoly, he would act like a three year old and throw a tantrum. EVERY time! Some times he would motor himself into his room and close the door and back his chair against the door. His sister and mine would try to talk him into moving away from the door for his own safety, but usually they had to call his mom and his sister would have to put the mom on speaker phone to get him to come out of his room to safety. I don't know why they didn't just put something under the door so he couldn't close it just during those two hours if it was that dangerous. But guess what? Mario grew up to be a well known lawyer for those with disabilities. I guess he got over himself! Maybe your brother will, too! There is always hope!

You know what, you aren't stupid or clumsy! I am so clumsy and I burn myself when I try to take something out of the oven. I trip over myself or a cat toy. The the pediatrician, before I switched to an endocrinologist, had told my mom that teens have a clumsy period in the midst of their growth spurt, etc. because it can happen at a rate that is fast and throws of the teen for a while until the growth spurt slows down or is over, at least for that period of time. Some kids are more awkward and clumsy than others. So, don't feel badly about it. You will get over it! =)

Our cat Sadie is sick. she has a urinary tract infection. We can't afford a vet bill. A UTI in a cat can be deadly. The last time she had one, we had a few bowls of water out and canned food only with some pumpkin. No dried food. And I prayed over my cat lots. My family and I feel that God healed my cat through me. Now she has been the same as the last time, but she seems to be getting better again with the prayers. I am really grateful that she is getting better, but we may not get to go visit my Grandma and family Wed - Fri if she doesn't get better because we can't leave her. We have a friend we trust to take care of her, but Sadie doesn't trust her and won't go to her, so we can't leave her like that.

I guess that's it. I'm going to go for now. I hope you are doing better!

Please pardon me. My glitch is showing!

George ;P

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Hey,

What surprised me the most (well second to the original 92%) was the statistics I found on life with Down.  Boston Children's Hospital did 3 surveys and its just amazing.  (I totally trust the hospital, too, because I have some history with them).  This is what they found out:

*Out of 2,044 parents or guardians surveyed, 79% reported their outlook on life was “more positive” because of their child with Down syndrome.

* Among siblings (ages 12+) of children with Down syndrome, 97% expressed feelings of pride for their brother or sister and 88% were convinced that they were better people because of their sibling.

* Among adults with Down, 99% said they were happy with their lives and 97% said they liked who they were. 96% said they liked the way they looked.

Like, what?!?!  I definitely cannot see any of the numbers for "regular" people.  99% happy with their lives?!?!  Just look at the numbers!!!  

So this is constantly nagging at my brain and driving me insane.  I just keep thinking over and over again "92%, 92%, 92%...".  Its like I finally had the moment of understanding, you know?  Realization.  

Okay, now with your PT, 20 pounds is ridiculous!  To be honest, adding that is just kinda impressive to me.  I seriously don't think I'd be able to do an original 20 lbs, so props.  That's so awful that you're feeling worse because of the stuff that's supposed to make you feel better.  

It's been pretty hot here: in the 80's the past two days and probably today as well.  (Still wearing long pants though because they're more comfortable XD.  Floridians are like that. :P)  The worst is at night because its been high 80's in my room and that's a hard transition from low 60's!  We could turn on the AC, but we have been avoiding turning on the AC or heat since pretty much the beginning of the year.  Its a money thing and for what?  Like a two degree temperature change?  So it's been just put on/take off a layer.  Working pretty nicely!

I honestly don't think I'll ever have to see those church group leaders again.  It was the event with another church and we kinda just stole their leaders for a day.  Speaking of such, did you ever do that Spanish meal/mass thing?  You were talking about like a spaghetti dinner or something and speaking with Spanish-speaking families?  

If we were to take my brother to one of those doctors, he would most definitely be diagnosed with those little boy diseases.  You know, like ADHD.  But Mom is dead-set against drugging little kids because they are active.  If we wanted to, we could tag him with a mental something.  But why?  He doesn't need a label.  I know plenty of people like him.  (non-offensively) The not-quite-right-in-the-noggin people.  But eh, still love the kid.

I had like 3 months a couple months back where I was super clumsy.  The great thing is I haven't had a major growth spurt for years.  Like years.  Up until about 12 I grew my normal, super-slow pace, but after that it's been like 1/8 of a year.  I swear I haven't grown a single inch since by 12th birthday!  How sad is that?  I'll forever be short!  Oh, well.  I think the stupid falling stuff is just because I'm dizzy.  Because you know walking from my room to the stairwell is exertion.  Oh my geesh.    

Oh my, I hope your cat gets better soon!  That is so awful!  :(  I'll be praying for you and your cat.

Today so far is going pretty fabulously.  I didn't have to cook lunch.  I spent a good chunk of time writing this and now I have to do school.  I used to get upset because I was so tired and didn't want to wake up late, but now its my schedule.  Wake up around 9:30-10, read, lunch, schoolwork.  I want to start the day sooner so maybe I'll start working on that soon.  It's kinda like the morning is my time to be sick and then the rest of the day well?  

I found out why I was so confused with T39C!  I felt like I missed something and finally googled it.  What happened was I ordered all the books I hadn't read yet from the library a couple months ago.  I just figured those were the ones out and doublecross was simply confusing me because I thought that was the last book of Unstoppable.  But my library really just didn't have the last one, and so I've been on cliffhanger for months!  Gotta find the last one now!  

This new site is obnoxious to be honest, but I feel a little bad for the mods/admins/developers.  I mean, they've obviously been working on it for a while and were probably proud of it.  It must stink to be so poorly received.

~Aurora  

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Hellooooo,

Got confused and sent you a friend request thing.  I just didn't really get how it worked and before long I had popup windows freaking me out.  I shouldn't mess with things I don't understand!

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Hey Aurora,

I'm not going to do anything rash. I'm not going to leave my chats. Those are the most important thing to me. I didn't respond last night because I just had to get offline. My eyes were hurting. I've been on too long today as well. I had been going back and forth between different websites, but then I saw people had been writing to me on my chats, so I've been on here for a bit. 

Don't worry about the friends thing. The reason I didn't like it is:

1. I think that some people think it's a popularity contest type of thing. I think that it's like the stars, though. Only I know how many friends I have.

2. On SA, I never understood how I was supposed to tell who was online and who wasn't. On here it is easy peasy. It just says it outright. 

Now that I can see when people are on the MB, I think it's a good idea just for that alone, so I accepted your friend request. So, does that mean you are automatically my friend, too, or do I have to send you a request as well? Because I can do that. I'm only doing the friend thing with the very few people that I am really friends with. People who friend me who I don't know very well or at all, I'm just removing because the clutter would keep me from seeing my real friends and if they are online or not. As a result, I will have very few friends.

So,  I will write more later. Tonight or tomorrow, I don't know which. I do really hope that they get to toning down the yellow soon. I mean, the number of kids who have been affected by it is huge. At least huge enough to do something about it when it's just a color change that needs to happen!

Oh, if you want, sometime, tell me about your siblings. I don't know how many you have or what ages. You've mentioned your 13yo brother and now your little sister, so I'm just wondering.

George

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Hi George...

I'm tired if you couldn't tell from the ellipsis :).  I feel for your sore muscles after PT because my legs have been killing me for the past two days and its awful.  

I like the friends thing, too, now that I understand it.  The online feature would probably be more helpful for me if I was ever really online though.

So I was thinking, and I'm not really sure how this works, that we could try using the chat thing on the regular 39 clues site?  Because the coloring there is the still the same and doesn't cause like, physical pain.  Life Scholastic Safechat, don't they have "rooms" there?  Of course, that would require both of us being available at the same time planned it advance which probably wouldn't work out great, but its a thought.  

I think I am adjusting a bit to this yellow.  A big problem is (when you're typing a reply) how there's the top bar (Home-Help) and then another bar beneath the text box in the same bright yellow.  So my eyes try to like focus on both of them at the same time and then I can't see what I'm typing.  That sounds weird, sorry.  That's one of the reasons why I have been having typos: I can't see them!

Umm... my siblings.  I have a little brother, a little sister, and an older brother.  We are definitely not "far apart", but there is a huge behavioral gap or whatever between my and my younger brother.  It's like the "older kids" and the "little kids" even though there is the same age difference between each of us.  I mean, I am in 10th grade with my older brother and my little brother is more than 3 years behind us! 

Gotta go; it's late.

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Hey Aurora,

I just now checked here because you were online. I went to the chat and asked if you were watching, but I didn't stay long because some kids wanted to do an RP. How is it now that the colors have changed? 

I was online when it happened. I was reading something and I refreshed and BAM - new colors and everything. It is so much better for me. I can definitely handle this better.

I've been on the computer pretty much all day, but I do have stuff I want to share eventually. I just have to get off and so some other things, though. 

Why have your legs been killing you? Did you do something to them? The sharp pain in the back of my left thigh returned. It's not as bad as before, but it returned out of nowhere! How weird! 

Oh, Sadie is sick with her UTI again! She was so great last night and this morning back to square one! We think the litter we had gotten was too perfumey. So we went to Walmart out of town and got the regular kind that we used to use before she got sick the very first time. It's really good we didn't go away. I am sure she will be better in no time, especially since we caught it right away this time. Poor baby!

So, if you can handle the new color scheme or write on Word and transfer, then let me know how you are. Otherwise I'll be on here later tonight or sometime tomorrow.

Hopefully things will be able to get back to normal pretty much since the colors are better!

George =)

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

WHY?!??!?!  I typed a whole big reply and then went to delete a typo and the whole thing disappeared!!!  :(  Gah!  I guess I'll have to "try again later".

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Well, I just typed a reply that sent this thread to the top of the MB, but the post isn't here. How freaky is that? 

I'd SAID, I HATE when that happens! I was supposed to have gotten off of the computer almost 2 hours ago, yet here I am. I'm giving up. I'll just be here til bedtime and start with my less distraction thing tomorrow! LOL I'll have to ask for extra forgiveness from God tonight, I think. So, I'll type to you after I eat dinner.

George

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

I HATE when that happens!!!

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Oh and about that disappearing post thing: that has totally happened to me!  On this thread actually, one of my recent posts just went away!

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

:)

Basically I just replied to everything you said, but I can't even remember now!  My memory has been so bad lately and its driving me seriously crazy.  I used to have great memory, so I think it has to be (yet another) stupid symptom.  It's just so weird.  All of a sudden I'll have a feeling like I was just thinking and for the life can't imagine what I must have been thinking about.  It's so obnoxious!  It got really bad about a month ago and I just walked around writing "key words" of every single thing I thought about.  It worked well, but it was a lot of writing!  And don't even get me started at names; 5 seconds after hearing someone's name I will have already forgotten!

I gotta go; I'm preparing for some interview/speech/demonstration thing.  

Talk later!

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

George,

I hope that both you and your cat are feeling better soon!  

I have a pretty old tablet/e-reader (the original kindle fire; not sold anymore), so I can't post on the MB from it.  The text box just shows up like a picture or whatever.  That's why a lot of the time it will say that I am online, but I haven't posted anything.  I usually just go on every once and a while and check up on this thread and sometimes just random ones I've posted on.

I saw this new coloring this afternoon and loved it!  HOWEVER, my first thought was "You just can't let go of that yellow, can you?"  XD  The color yellow in and of itself is hard on my eyes, but this is SOOOOOOO much better.  

Gotta go; working on that speech again.  I have been waiting forever for my mom to time me and now that I've started something else she's ready.  ;)

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Hi Aurora,

Well, my memory has been getting bad, too. In my emails to Pastor Cathy I'm always saying, "I forget." Then I got to be saying, "I say 'I forget' an awful lot." From there things seemed to go downhill fast. My mom thought it be one of my medicines. I was like, "What medicine? I haven't been on any new meds in ages!" She realized I was right. We saw my psychiatrist Tuesday morning. We brought it up. He said it could be a side effect from one of the meds I'm on. We didn't really see anything like that in the written stuff that comes with the med. He said it's not permanent and he'll just take me off of it. He's cutting it in half and I go back in a month, then he'll take me off it it altogether. Then he'll see how I do before he decides if he wants to put me on something in its place. I am so relieved it's crazy!

Jeez, I realized that I haven't like REALLY written you since Monday! Wow! After I saw the psychiatrist I had an appointment with Pastor Cathy. I told her the good news about my memory. We talked about volunteering some more. I am going to be helping with simple administrative things like putting stuff in people's mailboxes, stuffing the bulletins, helping to put the church newsletter together, and if there are last minute things that need to be done, especially if they get a late item that needs to be stuffed into the bulletin, they will call me to do it. The ushers have been having a problem with this. More about that in a sec. We also talked more about me helping with Hungry Hearts and the kids and stuff. Since I'm a kid, I don't need to have criminal clearances, but they still want me to attend the Safe Sanctuary training so I know what it is and they think it's good for teens to follow it, too, to be safe. It's to protect all kids up to age 18 from abuse. The church had started to do this a while ago, I'm told, but apparently other churches in the area are just NOW beginning to do it because of funding that became available or something. Because of priests and all. 

So, at Hungry Hearts the service is first. It was a pretty full house with lots of kids. Brianna is the leader and she says the parents don't want to put their kids in a class. From what I saw just my one time there, plus all of the things she has said to me before last night, she seems to be scared of the kids because they aren't like homegrown well-behaved church kids or something. She had told me the kids run up and down the aisles, they shout, they bring toys like a ball and play with them getting out of hand. She said the parents don't know how or don't want to control their kids and nobody can hear P. Cathy preach. I saw NOTHING like that. I saw a regular church service but with people who were a bit more down and out. The kids were remarkably well behaved and quiet. She keeps on putting off having the kids in classes blaming it on the parents, that they don't want to put their kids in classes, but like I said she seems scared of the kids. That is sad. She told me after the service that she worried that the kids weren't learning how to worship because they were coloring and playing. Well, the kids in our church color and play, so how is that different? I said to her, though, "Well, maybe these kids don't even know songs like Jesus Loves Me or Deep and Wide. If they don't know kids songs, it would be hard for them to learn how to worship to adult songs." She said, "That's true." Maybe she needs a kid's POV or something. IDK. She said they are supposed to do some work with the kids for three weeks for Easter, then start classes for them after that, but she doesn't think that is going to happen. I don't think she WANTS it to happen. I do have to wonder who else would be helping. I mean, if there are to be two adults in every class (unless I'd count), then how many would that be and where are they? I think I might ask her that next week. Then she left right after the service, which she said she does most times. So, she doesn't hang out for the dinner to try to get to know the kids and the parents to see that the kids are just regular kids. It's all sad.

Cindy had asked me last month if I wanted to be on her usher team. I asked if I was too young and she said no, she needed some younger blood. She used a 16yo as an usher last week. I won't be on her team until the whole month of June, though, since I was a junior greeter last month the two weeks I wasn't sick. The ushers had a meeting after HH. I wasn't going to stay, but Cindy talked me into it and said she and her husband would take me home. So, I stayed. It was a LONG meeting. Did you have any idea that ushers have to know where everything is? Like wheelchairs, fire extinguishers, first aid kits, AED device, oxygen tank, fire alarm, who the medical people are and where they usually sit during the service, and they are in charge of exiting the parishioners according to the fire plan in case of any type of emergency? Also, after the greeters greet people, the ushers greet people and hand out the bulletins. The ushers are to keep an eye on people during the entire service to see if anyone looks uncomfortable. If someone is scootching around, take them a cushion. Don't ask, just do it or they will say no. Same thing if someone looks cold, take them a shawl. They hand out hearing aids that are just for the service. If someone just looks uncomfortable, quietly go up to them and ask if they need assistance. Maybe they need the bathroom. Maybe they are feeling lightheaded or something. Oh, yeah, and ushers also take up the offering. That is practically the least of what they do! I asked Cindy afterward, "Are you SURE you want me to be an usher?" She said, "Of course! Who do you think is going to run after the AED if we need it? (Cuz you RUN for it, you don't walk.) Who is going to stand in the rain and wait for the ambulance?" She was kidding, I think. =) I like Cindy. She's like a hugging Grandma! Cuz she's known as "The Hugger". I hope I don't repeat myself. I may have told you about Cindy. IDK.

Our church already had someone have a heart attack during a service since Pastor Cathy had been there and I hadn't known that. An usher got the medical guy, another called 911, another waited by the nearest exit, others told the people to stay in their pews and pay attention to Pastor Cathy who was continuing with the service, which was her job. The service continued as the paramedics arrived. When the person was being wheeled out P. Cathy stopped and said a prayer for him and his family. Also, just this past Saturday during a wedding that an associate Pastor was performing, there was a fire, so they needed to know where the fire extinguisher was. The leader of the ushers said that he talked to the fire department, which is just blocks away, about having a fire drill during church some morning. The firefighter said that our church is the first in the whole county that has ever talked to anybody about doing that. So, some morning, we're going to have a fire drill during a service! O_O I hope it's not in June!

I feel that I've been getting very distracted lately. I haven't been spending enough time with my church studies and personal bible studies and such. I'm on the computer all of the time. Because of the bullying my mom had to deactivate my FB account, so she and I share her FB page. She and I sat down this morning and agreed on things to unlike. We got rid of over 80% of things so that I wouldn't be as distracted by FB, but we could still keep in touch with family and her friends. Most of that stuff you don't really get to see anyway because of how FB works. I will have to work at spending less time on here, but my chats will be my main priority. I'm thinking about ditching the Defenders, but we'll see.

I guess that's pretty much it for now. I'll help at the church tomorrow at noon, then come home and focus. I'm probably going to try to stay off of the computer all day since it won't be too busy anyway and since I've been on all day and need to focus tomorrow since I didn't today.

I hope you feel better. As much as you can. George =)

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Aurora,

I just sent you a really long post. I hope your speech goes well. Sadie was feeling great last night, but this morning she woke up with the UTI again. I think we didn't change her litter fast enough. We'd bought new litter and we think she got her very first UTI because it was too perfumey. We were on the 2nd box of that and had to throw it away, so we went to the nearest store to get litter and there weren't many choices. Apparently that litter must have been too perfumey. We had to go to Walmart for the litter we used to use, so we didn't get it changed out right away. She has slept a lot today, so she hasn't eaten much canned food or drank much, so hopefully she will do better with that tomorrow. My poor Sadie. I don't think it helps that she is a long haired cat. Just a regular tabby. So, thanks for saying that.

Oh, I forgot (I'm still forgetting!). I think I may have mentioned Dawn, Gillian's Mom. Dawn helps with the youth. Gillian and Elizabeth are best friends, musical, into drama, and do everything together. I don't know if I'll ever be their friend since they seem to be extremely popular. I was sooo surprised Wed when Dawn came up to me. She has been in charge of asking people to give a three minute testimony during each of the services during Lent. This past Sunday one person gave a testimony at all of the three services because nobody else had volunteered. She had put a notice in the bulletin and a couple of people had come forward because of it, but not many. She decided she should ask people instead of just waiting for people. She said that Pastor Cathy suggested that she ask if I would be willing to give a three minute testimony. I was like, "ME! You mean, ME! Are you SURE you mean ME???" She said that if my name was George, then yes, she meant me. 

She said that even though I was pretty new, I'd been doing a lot lately to get involved in the church and she understood from Pastor Cathy that I'd signed up for even more stuff to do. They both thought it would be good if a new teenager who was getting so involved would give a testimony. My first time there was mission Sunday and Caleb, who I mentioned, and a girl, were asked questions about their mission trip to Puerto in July. Caleb's answers were all spiritual. The girl's answers were all teenagery. A few weeks ago Ryan stood up in all three services and talked about how when he was little, Pastor Dianne had asked if he wanted to go to camp. He told her that his mom couldn't afford to send him to camp, but P. Dianne said that didn't matter, they had a scholarship to send him. His second year he got saved. He kept going and now he's a counselor at the camp during the summers. He was telling everyone this so they would donate to the scholarship fund. So, it's not unheard of for kids to speak, but I've never done it before. I hate speaking. Dawn is all about both writing and drama, so she said she'd help me. Our testimony is supposed to be about what the cross means to me. So, after Sunday, when my Grandma is sure she's feeling better, she and I are going to talk on the phone about this since she did use to be a pastor. Then I'll write up a testimony. I guess I'll have to time myself to make sure it's about three minutes. I'm sure I can write it, but I'll probably have Dawn look it over and ask her to be with me in the sanctuary to get used to standing up there and help me to give my testimony a couple of times. I doubt I'll be able to do it without notes, but who knows.  Then we are going to go to visit my Grandma and family T-F-S right before I give my testimony on the 15th at the late service, which is the LARGEST of the three services! I'm glad I'll be with my Grandma and I'll be able to show her what I wrote and practice with her. Having been a pastor and since she still does retreats and conferences and stuff, she is a great speaker. Maybe with her help, I won't have to have notes when I speak. I do have to tell you, I am scared since I haven't done it before and it's the largest service! If you have any tips for me, I would be really grateful for them!!!

It's funny you say about the colors since you use the blue and yellow colors when you write. They won't let go of the yellow cuz of the book. I did realize and WONDERED about this. When you go to T39C logo and click on it, then go to the books, The Clue Hunt books are in blue, CvV are in red, Unstoppable are in green, so maybe there was ALWAYS going to be a Doublecross since it's Ekat yellow? But like Saber said, "Don't know about you guys, but I'm not excited for when it turns orange for Mission: Hindenburg." He has a point!

Oh, oh, I forgot to tell you! (AGAIN!) I'll just copy and paste what I wrote on Admin Lauren's thread, "Countdown to World's Collide". She asked us what our three favorite books from T39C, IR, SA, and TQ are. Other than T39C I've only read 2 IR books, so this is what I wrote:

The Maze of Bones, The Emperor's Code, and Flashpoint. 

We needed a wonderful start and a wonderful end and I think we got both in the Maze of Bones and Flashpoint. 

OH MY GOSH!!!  I just went to get The Emperor's Code AND . . . AND . . . I FOUND THE $50 IN ALLOWANCE I'D LOST 6 MONTHS AGO! I had put it somewhere to save it. I tore the apartment apart many times! I prayed so many many times, including just three days ago, for God to show me where it was because I knew it hadn't been thrown away. I hid it in one of my favorite books! AWESOMESAUCE!

Thank you sooo much for asking this question, Lauren!! Woo hoo! I am so happy right now!

It's a true story, too. I'd saved my allowance for a while. It was a lot of money for me, so I wanted to put it where I wouldn't lose it and where my brother wouldn't find it, even though he's not the stealing type. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! LOL - I put the money back in the book. I want to save it now that I've finally found it!! 

Okay, you are going to owe me a really long post. JK!! You can just write a paragraph and I'll be happy to hear from you!

George =)

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

I don't think you'll ever want me to write to you again! LOL

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Hi GEORGE!

That was so nice to see last night!  

Sorry, but I can't reply right now.  I am getting ready for this interview and...  I'm truthfully nervous, but I'm not even letting myself believe that because I want to look confident.  So I've been walking around all day with my "confidence smile" for practice.  XD

Talk soon,
Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Oh my gosh, guess what?!?!  I TOTALLY ROCKED THE INTERVIEW!!!!  I mean it wasn't for a real job; just a practice-type mock one.  But I still think I did really well.  The interviewers looked super impressed and they were like "How old did you say you were?  27?"  XD 

I'm going to start typing a reply now; you really did write a lot!  I really like it though, it's so nice to talk to someone.  I might not have enough time to finish.  I want to go take a shower in about 20 minutes and its not that I type slow, but it takes me forever to form a semi-understandable statement! 

~Aurora 

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

By the way, just realized that we I've known you for a month and a week.  Woah, does time ever fly!

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Congratulations! That is wonderful! Wow! It is so great that you are doing all of these things and getting all of this practice now. It will help you so much while others are still trying to figure out how to do a proper interview. Yay! I'm so happy for you!!

George =)

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Hey George,

Hopefully that change in medication will help your memory!  It's super freaky isn't it?  I so do not want to have to worry about my memory this young!  The super wonderful part for me is the fact that I am on literally zero drugs.  Nothing.  I hardly ever take an NSAID either, which I could almost see affecting me if I did.  And my memory has gotten worse after I stopped taking prescriptions.  I mean, why now?  I used to be on a ton of strong stuff and now I go mind-numb?  What gives!?!  I did this whole "cleanse" thing afterwards, too, so I doubt that the old meds are causing it.  It's official: I'm just going insane!

It's so great to hear that you are getting very involved in your church!  I think you'll find that having a position of importance will really help you feel better.  It really helped me when I moved to get involved and feel like others depended on me.  (Although now it can be a bit stressful at times!)  

I'm sorry; I'm so awful with names and stuff, but is Hungry Hearts the same thing as the Spanish mass/dinner you were talking about?   Brianna has an interesting story going on!  It does sound like she's scared or nervous.  Why, though?  Maybe you could offer to teach the kids some songs?  My church's cantor likes to teach the Psalm before the mass so that everyone know what's going on.  If it is a kid-oriented mass maybe you could even ask about changing one of the songs to a kid song?

It's so cool that you are going to be an usher!  I really had no idea that they had to do all those things, but I guess I just never thought about it; it makes sense.  Are you Catholic? (No need to answer if you don't want to say.)  I don't think my church does the nice cushion or shawl thing.

I was in church once when someone fainted or something, and that's exactly what we did!  Mass just "went on"!  When the paramedics arrived there was a super short prayer and then he was gone! 

I think you doubt yourself too much!  Get some confidence, girl!   Of course Pastor Cathy would suggest you for the testimony; its because you are seriously awesome!  You've been doing a ton of work and helping out and been emailing her.  How could she not think you were the perfect choice?  And, yes.  Cindy does really want you on the Usher Team, not only because you are young, but because you are an amazing human being!

I can give you some tips for your speech if you want.  More about the actual speaking part, not so much about what you should say.  I have been doing public speaking for a couple years now and have definitely gained some pointers!

I feel so stupid because I seriously couldn't figure out what you were talking about with me using yellow and blue for when I type on here!  Then I realized that you meant in my signature how it is yellow also.  *Facepalm*  Blue is actually my favorite color, so that's why I use it so much.  Plus it is super easy on the eyes!  And I never actually have to look at my own signature. XD  I never even noticed how bad bright colors like that mess with my eyes until this site updated.  Good point with the orange...

I have been meaning to change my signature and agent card (they are still from over a year ago), but when do I have time?  Plus I really like that quote.  I guess it must get old, but I like to see it!  Irina was is such a great character.

That 50 bucks is so awesomesauce!  YAY!

And, look at that!, it's 8:20.  Yup, zero time managment.  I gotta go and take a quick shower; I am simply exhausted!  My little brother is already asleep!  

By the way, have you heard Pentatonix?  Oh my gosh, they're so amazing!  I just keep saying to myself "It's all with just their voices!  Oh my gosh!".  XD  

~Aurora 

P.S when I copy/pasted this into word to save it told me that I have 696 words (not including this PS).  Not bad!

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Hi Aurora,

I wonder what IS affecting your memory, then? I can attest to the fact that it is DEFINITELY scary to be having these problems as a teenager. Other than the meds I'm prescribed, I try not to take anything else, either, just because I'm on so many things. You aren't going insane. But I do hope that this problem goes away for you.

Yes, Hungry Hearts is the Spanish dinner. No, I'm not Catholic. I go to a United Methodist church. Before we moved here we went to a nondenominational church, though. The HH kids are supposed to get together with our regular church kids for two Thursday nights. It starts in two weeks, the W-T-F that I go to my Grandma's. After the two weeks, then the kids sing together for a program. They apparently did a similar thing around Christmas. When I was with P. Cathy this morning I mentioned this to ask about the classes starting with the kids after Easter. I asked who the other teachers are supposed to be. She just said that Brianna is supposed to be working on that. So, I'm going to ask Brianna about it this Thursday and see what she says. I mean, if she's been asking people and they've actually been saying no, then she should be able to give me some names, right? Wouldn't P. Cathy have asked her who she's asked and/or make suggestions? It just seems weird to me.

Yeah, it is kind of exciting to think about being an usher. I just couldn't believe all of the things they have to know. It was so nice of Cindy to ask me. I hope I get to be a greeter again, too, since I missed two weeks from being sick. 

I know P.Cathy likes me. She knows all I've been through. I was just really surprised that she suggested me for the testimony because I'm the only kid who is going to be giving one and because I haven't been at the church for very long. All of the testimonies are supposed to be based on, "What the cross means to me." That's why I'm going to talk to my Grandma for help on the topic. I don't really need help on writing unless you have some general tips on speech writing. But I do need help on presentation and not being so scared that I faint. Sometimes there are almost 200 people in the late service.

You shouldn't feel stupid because you couldn't figure out that I was talking about your sig. I read it again and it's not like I was very clear or anything! Sorry about that. I do like to change my sig from time to time, but I don't change it much. I should be more creative with that. I don't want to change my card, though. I haven't seen any cards like mine, so I feel as if mine is pretty unique. I like being able to be identified by my card. It confuses me when some people change their agent card too much. Once in a while I understand, or if you are new and trying to figure out what suits you. Sometime after I joined in 2/12 there was a thread telling people not to change their agent cards because it was too confusing to remember who was whom. I don't think that's really for anyone else to say. People can change it every day if they want to. It's just that it takes me a while to get used to a new card, then it's changed again.

This morning when I was helping Pastor Cathy with some paperwork stuff - cutting and sorting type of things that she shouldn't have to spend a Saturday working on - she invited me to the spaghetti dinner at the HS with her and her husband, Mike. I wasn't sure I wanted to go, but she said, "You'll be with us." I said I was worried about kids who bullied me seeing me there. She said, "Well, what do you think is going to happen? Mike and I will tackle them for you if we have to!" So, I realized that she was right, that the kids wouldn't be able to do anything to me. So they picked me up at 6pm, then P. Cathy did a facepalm! The dinner wasn't until NEXT Saturday! So she and Mike took me to a down-to earth, but nice Italian place. (They are taking me to the HS dinner next Sat.) We were there for two hours! I asked her questions about different things (Mike is quiet and was very tired from work), and she talked my ear off! I bet she is so used to listening that she enjoyed having someone listen to her. Especially when I asked about her sons Sam and Jonah who are 21 and 18. I pretty much know everything about both of them from fourth grade and up. She went to a conservatory high school and played the piano. She was going to become a concert pianist in college. In her junior she decided that she needed to really dedicate herself to this if that's what she was going to do. She spend 8 hours every day in a room with just her and a piano. After she messed up her first concert, she reevaluated. She realized that since she is a very outgoing people person, she didn't want to keep spending 8 hours a day alone with a piano. I think she made a good choice. She still plays and has been worship leader at three churches.

I guess I should go. I've been writing so much to you lately! Please let me know how you are doing!

George

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Hi George!

Just wanted to say that I won't be able to be on much today.  I'm cleaning off my desk area and it is A MESS!  I just cleaned it like 2 weeks ago and it already looks like a bomb went off in here.  The big problem is zero storage/shelves/drawers so we're going to go to IKEA next week.  YAY IKEA!!!

Talk to you later,

Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

1 , , 3 , ... 13 , 14 , 15