Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Branch: Lucian

Hi Aurora,

I lied, sorta. I'm on Vicky's computer. I have to upload Microsoft Office onto the computer soon, though. The guy, Dennis, said he would translate the paper for me! Yay! I picked it up on the way home from the church. I had gotten most of the translations I did correct! 

Brianna was at the CPR/AED training (no first aid). Three others showed up and four people bailed, which is a shame because they were already paid for and this stuff is IMPORTANT!!! The trainer was super nice. I learned a lot. While I was there I told Brianna that the guy was going to translate it and that I'd type it up for her just like the English version. Since I know some Spanish, that will be easy peasy. If I had let it up to Brianna, who probably doesn't know "Gracias" it probably wouldn't get done. I don't want to take that chance.

I guess that's it!! Again. I have to go eat dinner.

George =)

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

wonderwhip,            ●~

and an amazecherry on top!

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Branch: Ekaterina

Hi,

Just wanted to say sorry for not posting lately and that I'll be on later to type up a whole long post.  :)

~Aurora

• Posted at:

"I'm not asking for a million years or never or forever.  I'm asking for one day only.  Today." ~Irina

"Be happy with what you have while working for what you want" ~Helen Keller

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Hi Aurora,

It's okay. I tell my other friends to write even if I'm unable to, but they don't. I have to write all of the time to get responses and a lot of  times they are just really short answers to my questions. I always know you'll end up writing to me and telling me how you are doing and I'm very grateful for that.

I'm really depressed. I had to go to the ER Saturday night. I had this weird pressure on my inner right thigh that got worse as the day went on. Then it got to feeling heavy and warm. My sis Mary is graduating with her BSN on her birthday next month, so mom called her. With all of the therapy I've had on my foot and hip and the inability to walk as a result, and diabetes being a risk factor, she thought I should at least get it checked out, so we went to the ER knowing it was going to be very busy. It took forever because the didn't have any rooms. My leg and foot felt tight while I was there, as if they were swelling or something. They finally did an ultrasound and found nothing and the doctor didn't even look at me or my mom when she came to say that I was fine. My mom asked her about my symptoms and, still not looking at us, said I probably had a muscle cramp or something. Really? A muscle cramp does all of that? Since when? So, we came home after 1am, which meant I missed church, which is killing me! I missed church last week. I think I went once or twice before that, then missed two before then. I'm really getting upset about all of the church I'm missing. I feel like I haven't heard one of Pastor Cathy's sermons in ages. I miss the people and I miss Cindy's hugs because they are the only hugs I get except from my mom once in a while. When I'm with family, they hug ALL OF THE TIME. If I walk into a house with ten adults and kids, they all come to hug me. If I leave half an hour later, they all come to hug me. If I return an hour later, they all come to hug me. It's just how it is. I haven't seen Cindy in at least 6 weeks because I was sick, then she was at the 6 & 7th grade kids retreat, then she was sick, then she went away for two weeks. I miss her hugs so much.

I wrote an email to Pastor Cathy. It pretty much outlined all of the things I've lost/am losing as a result of everything that's going on like my computer breaking and the car needing fixed. I can handle that. I wrote her a much longer list of the physical ailments I've had to deal with since September and how I'm tired of them making me miss church and how I miss church and everything that goes with it so much. IDK if she hasn't been able to read it yet or if she's not responding like she sometimes does, but I'm just tired of everything right now. I've been giving up so much and I've been okay with it. I've been doing my best to ride out all of these health and physical issues that have been happening, but missing so much church shouldn't be part of the deal when it's been so helpful to me during all of these things. I'm tired of missing church and everything that goes with it and it's depressing me.

I'm glad that school will be over soon because it's just one more thing to deal with while I'm feeling depressed. I'm sorry for writing such a downer post. Hopefully I'll be better later.

George =\

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

I'm only going to be writing to you now. I asked the others and they say they don't have much to say, so I don't think I should bother anymore. They are probably just humoring me when I write to them.

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

I saw Marylyn today and thankfully I am feeling much better after missing so much church and missing the people. I did forget that I also get two hugs from Marylyn every time I see her. She is so tiny, but very strong, and her hugs are "bonecrushing" hugs. When I told this to her once she was like, "Oh, no!" but I told her I love her bonecrushing hugs, and I do.

So, after I wrote all of that to you about my ailments, Sunday night I began to get a red rash across my face. It didn't itch, but was sore and got worse through the night. After my newly initial PT appointment for my foot, I went to see my doc. I've done nothing new or different, so there is no idea what has caused it, but now I'm on prednisone for five days, but I have to start tomorrow morning. If it doesn't get better, then the doc will order blood tests.

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

I am SO, SO, SO, SO, SO sorry!  I am such a jerk!!!  I haven't posted in so long and you're just keep sending me messages waiting for a reply...

Tomorrow.  I promise.

~Aurora

• Posted at:

"I'm not asking for a million years or never or forever.  I'm asking for one day only.  Today." ~Irina

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

YOU ARE NOT A JERK! YOU ARE NOT A JERK! YOU ARE NOT A JERK! You are just busier than I am! LOL =)

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Hey George,

Oh. My. Word.  My brain feels like it just might explode.  I've been sitting here for an HOUR trying to set up a gofundme for my braille group.  And I've come up with NOTHING.  I feel so stupid.  All I need to do is come up with a title and I just can't do it.  I told my Mom that I'd do it today, but I just gave up and I figure that she can help me when she gets home.  '

Ugh.  It's just...you know when you feel like time is just like, moving way too fast?  Like you're getting nothing done?  And then you spend all your time trying to be productive (and failing) and up not having time to do the things that are important to you.

So I should start the catching-up thing now.  I'm going to go through all that you've posted and respond and then just write a general what's-been-happening-with-me thingy.

Did you ever get your laptop fixed?  Or are you borrowing or still using the library computers?

Your story about cancer and research, etc. was like amazing.  In a very persuasive way.  I totally believe the statistic on how only 4% of cancer research funding goes to pediatric cancer.  When I was volunteering at this medical thing I was told by one of the manager people that the adult and pediatric units at their hospital share funding.  It's super stupid because all of their signs show really cute, bald kids and stuff, but the money doesn't even go towards helping those kids.  I mean, yes, adult cancer also needs funding and people are less likely to donate to a cause with a picture of an old guy on their signs, but seriously?!?  

So the VBS paper is done?  That would be awesome! 

Your ER trip sounds awful!!!  Are you feeling any better?  I'm sorry that you are so depressed.  I'd totally hug you if it was at all possible.  :)  Is the prednisone helping?  It's weird that your face broke out like that.  I honestly don't think I am going to come up with anything smart of helpful to say, but just know that I really hope that you feel better very soon.

Ummmmm....on to me I guess.  I feel like nothing's happened since I talked with you last, but so much has.  Like to the point where I'm not sure how I can possibly condense it all into a reasonably sized letter.  I guess I'll just start talking. 

Health update first I guess.  That's always important enough.  Sooooo....I got the steam inhaler and I've been using it twice a day.  Like I said before, it works almost exactly like a nebulizer, but with just water.  Which is actually nice because I don't like it when I'm on so much medicine.  I pour distilled water into the machine and use a mask (identical to an oxygen mask).  The steam just comes up and into the mask and I just sit there and breath it in for about half an hour.  I think it's helping.  But you know when you start a new treatment and you're not sure if it's really doing anything or if it is just your optimism?  I can feel a difference, though; I'm pretty sure that the sinusitis is getting better.  The only problem is that it's drying out my skin (because the mask covers most of my face), but it's not that big of a deal.  

I was supposed to be in this district talent competition.  I rehearsed a ton with my music teacher and everything.  But--like always--communication just CAN'T happen and despite my desperate attempts to figure out the time and location of the competition no one emailed/called me back.  That is, until 6 MINUTES before I had to be there.  After there was no possible way for me to arrive on time I received a short email with all the information I needed.  It obviously took her like 2 seconds to type.  PEOPLE!  You're killing me!  All attendees were given the opportunity to go to this program this summer.  Now, I really did not intend to go.  I will say that much.  But I still like opportunities!  And I practiced really hard!  

These are the same people I've complained about before.  It happens all the time to me.  I mean, same thing just happened to me yesterday again.  Last month I asked a hundred million times about our award ceremony this summer.  I mean, I asked so many times (even though no one had the information) that my friend texted me later that night to ask why I was so insane about awards.  YET, I found out that there was a meeting on Monday (that my mom was told was canceled) and they gave out all the information about awards then.  And I have yet to receive an email about it!  

So that happened.  XD

I got to see Tomorrowland!  That was really fun.  It's a great movie.  It was very inspirational, but still action-packed and not at all boring.  I am not really a movie person, so if I am going to sit through something for 2 hours it better be good!  I think it is something that you would like; it really made me think about the world and the future and everything.  Movie tickets are SO expensive, though!  We totally can't afford to take my family to the movies, so I'm very thankful for these opportunities in my life.  I really wish I could share so many more details!

Yesterday was so LONG.  It was a day of celebration (that's all I can say online) and I am so worn out.  

I have to go now.  It's already almost 2 and I've literally gotten nothing done today (other than writing this).  I feel so bad about not doing that GoFundMe.  UGH!  I'll just do it with my mom when she gets home.  Deep breaths.

I hope that you are feeling better and that all is well.

~Aurora   

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Okay.  One more thing, George.

So my favorite Catholic inspirational speaker (or whatever you call it) is Chris Stefanick.  In a couple months he will be doing a program in Florida that is close enough to me that it's like an OH MY GOSH, OF COURSE I HAVE TO GO!!!! thing.  So I found out that you have to register and I just went to his website.  And then it all went downhill from there.  You have to buy tickets and they are $19 each.  That's not that bad, but it's kind of a lot right now, you know?  I kind of feel obligated to buy a ticket for at least my older brother, too, but why?  Like why is that my problem to buy someone else's ticket?  Anyways, I CAN'T miss it.  I would regret it forever!  I got $20 from my uncle for my Confirmation that I was going to use to buy a bible (I don't have one of my own, just a pocket old testament bible), but I could get the ticket with the money instead.  You know, I honestly don't even understand why I'm freaking out so much about this.  I have enough money to get the ticket myself.  Ugh!  It's just, it would only be me.  And then I'd feel bad that the rest of my family wasn't going.  I'm going to stop now.  I'll buy it when my mom gets home.  Good talk.

Thanks for putting up with me.  That was seriously gibberish.  XD

~Aurora   

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Hi Aurora,

My laptop isn't fixed. The guy from church who is going to work on it went away with other church people this past weekend. I think he is going away again this weekend, but I'll have to call him tomorrow to find out for sure. It might be his wife that'll be away. Vicky's laptop is so bad. It wouldn't load the Windows she gave me and is just so very slow in general. I don't have any more papers of hers to correct until after summer because she is taking that semester off. And we officially got rid of our internet today. The person on the other end of the phone tried to talk me into keeping it for my (mom's) phone! Seriously! They thought I was my mom when I called, so they weren't just trying to get one over on a teenager. :/

No, VBS isn't over. It is the third week of June. Brianna is doing almost everything herself, though. My mom's church (where I used to go to) starts their VBS prep like 4 months ahead of time (Brianna did 6 weeks) and they have lots of meetings so that EVERYONE can help (Brianna does everything even though I've offered like four times to help her). My mom's friend Janet, who goes to my church, was a VBS director of another church for seven years and she thinks the whole thing is nuts. I agree. I DID just finished typing the Spanish registration form for VBS, though. The ESL guy translated it. He didn't do two parts, one because he didn't understand what it meant, which is not his fault. So a page who is a major in Spanish helped me with those two. I think she's only in HS, so I don't know how she can already be a Spanish major unless she is ahead like you are. Because you have to be in HS to be a page because they are slots to help teens. It wasn't hard to type, except I had to use the Alt key for the tilde and accents, and not all of the accents stuck if the word was similar to an English word, so I had to go back and proofread really well. It looks pretty professional looking, IMHO!! I'm going to drop it off for her in the morning on the way to my PT appt - the NEW people. That way it will be available for the Thursday night Hungry Hearts and people can begin to sign up their kids. I'm going to suggest it's in a different color from the others, which are on a blue paper.

Oops - tonight was the first of only TWO VBS prep nights and I missed it. I can use my face rash as a reason, but even if I do that, I should have let Brianna know ahead of time. I DID ask her to send me the dates again like a week ago - via email, so she had a record - and she didn't. I only just now found out because I went to the church website to see if there are any meetings tomorrow around the time I'd be dropping off the paper to Brianna, in case she'd be in a meeting that's announced on the agenda for the day. If she had emailed me back, I would have been there. So sad. She better NOT bust on me!!!

I hope that the steam inhaler really IS helping you! That is super! I don't like taking tons of meds, either. So, I get it. Is there some kind of lotion you can use on the dry parts of your face to keep it from getting too dry? Is it like getting chapped lips or something? Or just dryness?

That has to be THE MOST FRUSTRATING EVER not to be able to go to the competition. I mean, even if you weren't planning on going to the summer program, like you said, you practiced AND it would have been good to know where you placed in the competition. That really stinks! AND you missed the awards ceremony? Jeez. No wonder you complain about them all the time!

Tomorrowland? I haven't heard of it. I will look it up. I'd still have to wait until it comes out on DVD to watch it, but it's only $1 through the library. I'm glad that you liked it! I found out that next year they are coming out with Toy Story 4. There will be a sequel to "Up" and Finding Dory will be coming out next June. Those are the ones I keep up with, but not the only ones I like! Oh, and a movie about the Minions from Despicable Me! I think it's before they met Gru and probably ends with how they became his minions or something. =) I'm still a kid at heart!!! LOL!!

The library is closing soon, so I have to go since they are going to close down the computers in three minutes! I'll write more sometime tomorrow! Stay well!

George =)

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Hey Aurora! 

I'M HOME! AND USING VICKY'S COMPUTER! Her computer is so weird. Sometimes it seems to work fine and other times is takes F.O.R.E.V.E.R. to load just the internet, then just one page. Then it will barely let me type. I hope I can get my computer back even if I can only use it at the library! I called the internet company 4 hours ago and we still have internet. How messed up is that? Mom is going to call tomorrow, but I think she should let it go. If we canceled and they didn't cancel us, we shouldn't have to pay, right? LOL! I am BAD! =) I may as well take advantage of it while I can, though, right???

I'm sure you and your Mom will come up with something good to come up with for your Braille group. I hope you get the funds that you all will need.

That is really cool that your favorite inspirational speaker will be nearby. How will you get there? I don't think you should worry about paying for your brother or anybody else. I mean, if he wants to go, he can do odd jobs for neighbors or something, right? I'm guessing that he has the same opportunities as you to receive/earn money and if he spent his money on other things, that was his choice, right? You shouldn't feel so obligated or responsible like that. Especially after all that you tell me that you do at home as far as cooking, making phone calls, helping your sibs with school, etc. It will be a good opportunity for you to get away for a bit and enjoy something that is important to you, and you are paying for the ticket yourself. If you were to pay for your brother or something, it might be a hassle in some way and you might not enjoy yourself. Just do this for YOU for a change, and not for others. You deserve it!!

I hope my face feels better tomorrow. The red rash itself would be preferable to FEELING badly. Maybe tomorrow the prednisone will work better.

I'm going to go now. Later.

George =)

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Hey George,

So...I feel super guilty right now.  I got a free trial of Hulu Plus and then after those 2 weeks were over I canceled.  But I was really enjoying watching TV while using my steam inhaler (because 25 minutes of just sitting and breathing gets really boring!), so I signed up again with a different email address and a different paypal account for another trial.  BUT I still got charged $7.99 (they linked somehow I guess).  So I call the guy up and ask why I was charged and I gave him my first email address and he was like "Do you have an outlook account as well?" and I totally lied!!!  The hard thing is that I happen to be a good liar (In my opinion at least) and I hate how certain I sounded!!!  He canceled the account and refunded me, but I feel super guilty now.  Blech.

Thank you for writing back so quickly!  It was so, so nice to read.  I'll type more later.

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Hey Aurora,

Yeah, I hate to lie, but I did that today, too. All the while I'm begging God to forgive me! How messed up is that? So, I am not one to help you with that particular thing right now!

I couldn't wake up to go to my PT since I couldn't sleep last night. So, that was canceled and I didn't take the Spanish VBS registration form to Brianna. I've been writing all of these emails to P. Cathy and the last one was a question about when the healing service will be since I didn't see it on the online bulletin, but I was certain I'd seen the date somewhere, so could she please let me know. She just responded, "Yes, the healing service is on," which didn't answer my question. I know she's busy and lots of times she doesn't respond to my emails, but she does pray, but since my emails have been negative and whiny, then positive, then this, I get it in my head that she is getting tired of me or something. It's a bad way to think about things when she's been so wonderful to me, but sometimes I feel like I can't help it. Usually on Thursday nights we see each other, but most of the time she doesn't even say "Hi" or anything. So, feeling the way I already do, I didn't want to go to Hungry Hearts and have that happen and get my thoughts even more messed up. So, I lied. I texted Brianna and said I slipped and twisted my ankle a bit and wouldn't be able to help tonight. (I just told my mom that I wasn't up to it.)

I emailed Pastor Cathy the same, but admitted, also, that my thinking is irrational, so I'm going to leave her alone. She knows what that means because I was like that a lot when she and I first met. I hate lying and I hate missing Hungry Hearts, but I'm more worried about seeing Pastor Cathy and having her look away without us even saying hello to each other, because it happens a lot on Thursday night for some reason even though she has no problem talking to every other person who is there. My thoughts would just get more negative and irrational and I don't want that to happen. I guess it's a leftover from the bullying. Assuming she has something against me or something and that's why she doesn't even say hello or anything. I have to go to church on Sunday, though. I miss church too much and I'll hopefully be beyond these feelings by then. IDK, it's hard to explain.

I called the internet company. I told them that we still have the internet and that on their website it says we still have TV even though we don't even have a box, and that we have a visit scheduled next Wednesday. She says that it doesn't say on her end that we still have the TV, that the internet WAS disconnected yesterday (in other words, we don't have to pay for it), but that it won't be cut off until the guy comes out to cut it off next week, which means I get to use it for free until then. I was like, "So, why doesn't he just come get our box if he's going to be right here?" She said it's not his job, that we have to take it back ourselves. They make things so complicated, but I guess I shouldn't complain since I'll have internet until sometime Wed. That will actually be nice since the holiday is coming up and I won't be able to get to the library.

I'm going to watch a movie and sort laundry. We have a TON of laundry for me to do because of everything that's been going on with me health-wise. At least I only have to do mine and Mom's. My brother has to do his own cuz it wouldn't be fair to make me do his when he's almost never home and doesn't do anything around here to help out anyway. I do feel like continuing to sleep, though. Bored, depressed, tired, I guess.

Later, George

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Hi Aurora,

I couldn't sleep last night and I think it's the prednisone. I only two took a pill for two days and I'm better, so hopefully I will sleep tonight. But I had to cancel my appointment with Crystal, which was a disappointment.

I went to the church and Brianna wasn't there. Pastor Cathy was talking to someone with her door half closed. I put the Spanish registration paper in Brianna's mailbox and dropped off some other things - donations. I checked my mailbox and the church newsletter was in there. In it was all of the details about this "friendship" project that this guy named John came up with. The first time we got together I felt as if John didn't want me there because it was "his" project. He never looked at me the whole time he and P. Cathy were talking about it. I asked why I was there and she said "to help". On the way out of the church John, his wife Sue, and I talked about how to include the Hispanics in this and Sue totally jumped down my throat. If the Hispanics want to participate, we don't need a separate registration in Spanish because someone can interpret for them. If there is a Hispanic only speaker, then surely someone will interpret for them throughout the whole "getting to know the person you are paired up with". How do we even let them know about this? "They will know." Just ridiculous. Now the name has been decided upon and the sign up paper has been typed up, and we were to have another meeting about this stuff. It wasn't like I wasn't invited because of health stuff because I was doing okay on the 15th when P. Cathy was working on the Mustard Seed. Since everything was included in that, then there had been no meeting called or anything. I sent P. Cathy an email and said that I didn't feel as if John wanted me to be part of the project to begin with (which I'd already told her), and with my continued lack of inclusion when there was to be another meeting about the name of the project and the sign up paper, I don't feel as if it would make sense to pull me into the project at this point. I mean, seriously. To me it seems as if it's an example of how NOT to do things, especially since I was already feeling John didn't want me to be part of it and P. Cathy knew this. I can't believe they finalized everything and she typed it up in the newsletter herself and let me find out this way. It's quite a disappointment to see how this was handled from the start, and continued to be handled so poorly. 

I'm thinking that I should probably meet with Pastor Cathy at some point about stuff. Just to talk to her for a bit. Part of the reason is because the stuff going on with Hungry Hearts was in the bulletin as well and again I am feeling totally not included. I don't know if that is Brianna's fault or Pastor Cathy's. Yeah, I didn't go yesterday, but the newsletter had already been printed and put into our mailboxes by then (it was dated). Why has she never talked to me about me talking to the parents and how is that going and stuff? THAT part doesn't have much to do with the kids directly since I am doing all of that after we are finished with the kids, during dinner. I think that she and Jeffrey, in charge of HH, are praying with Nina, who is in charge of the desk on Thursday night, and the head of the kitchen team. Why isn't Brianna included? I don't know for sure that she isn't, but it would seem like it since nobody, including Nina, knew where Brianna was two weeks ago when I was looking for her. Why am I not being included? If the kids are so important, then why would we not be a part of praying before the night begins? If connecting to the parents is important, why wouldn't I be included in the prayer regarding that? I just don't get it. And I don't know if some of these thoughts are because I feel as if I'm having "irrational" thoughts right now. When I sent the email to P. Cathy about the friendship thing and how I've continued to not be included, I really wanted to write a lot more, but I didn't because of feeling as if I'm having irrational thoughts. It was hard, but I stuck to that one topic and ended the email. I don't know what her response to that will be, if she even does respond, but I hope it doesn't make me even more upset, to be honest.

ANYWAY!!! So, have you been reading anything or have you been too busy with other stuff? I finished reading the first five IR books. Only one library in our system has purchased the books, and they stopped at #5 even though there are three more books and the last one came out in 8/14. That just doesn't make any sense. I wrote them down for Sarah to get them for me through ILL, but forgot to bring the paper in. I can do that tomorrow, though. There is this new book that I saw on the shelf and took home called "Mama Maggie: The Untold Story of One Woman's Mission to Love the Forgotten Children of Egypt's Garbage Slums". It's a Christian book and I like to read true stories like that, but I haven't started it yet. I'm currently reading "God Less America" by Todd Starnes and it is sick about the religious freedoms (including the freedom of speech that goes along with it) that are already being lost and/or challenged in America. I felt that with the Bible study on Revelation (which I keep missing), I should be more up-to-date with these issues that are happening in the US and not just overseas. The problem is that there doesn't seem to be anything that I, personally, can do about any of this stuff except read about it and be aware of it and pray.

People are even being fined and jailed for having Bible studies in their own homes because it's a "zoning" issue. If this person would have had people over to watch a football game every week, or to party, then that would be permitted, but not a Bible study. IN THE PRIVACY OF YOUR OWN HOME! IN AMERICA! College kids aren't being permitted to have Bible studies. I have only started to read the book and already I'm outraged! And this is all documented stuff in which lawyers have been involved and everything. So sad!

My niece Abigail started to play the violin this year - she's in fourth grade and just turned 10. I got to talk to her when I was on the phone with my Grandma the other day. She had a concert that night. They were doing five songs and she was front and center in front of the conductor. She also plays the violin during the church worship every week. She's really improved a lot. I told her that when I visit I would like to hear her play some of the songs that she played at the concert and she said she would. I'm really proud of her. 

Gotta go. Later, George =)

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Hi Aurora,

Pastor Cathy emailed me. She said that she wasn't sure I'd wanted to continue with the project when I'd mentioned my concern about John to her, but she must have forgot or not read my email regarding that very well. I'd asked her if God told her to pull me into the project and that I know that John can be difficult to work with at times (which I'd observed in the Missions meeting), but since he didn't even look at me during the meeting in her office, I had just wondered. She had responded that, no, God had not told her to pull me in, but she thought I might like that project. I responded that I would try regarding John and that when I'd first heard them mention the project after a Bible study, that it did seem like something I'd be interested in and I would keep praying about it. So, I never indicated that I wouldn't follow through - just the opposite. But if she'd read the my email response quickly, she may have misinterpreted or forgotten.

I also forgot that our visiting pastor, Pastor Don, has not been working for about a month now because of having a tumor removed from his kidney and I think he has or will be starting cancer treatments. It's hard to keep up with these things when I haven't been in church. I really want to get back and continue to be in the loop and connected to people and all. I'm praying for that to happen this week. ANYWAY, as a result of Pastor Don being out, she has much more work to do because she has to visit more sick people and families when someone has died. Pastor Don also did weddings and funerals, and P. Cathy has had to do more of those, too. Along with the regular stuff that happens last minute that a pastor has to deal with - like other emergencies and it seems as if she is always involved in helping someone with a legal issue for some reason. At least I feel better now that I heard from her. I'm glad that I kept my email to her on just that one subject.

So, how are you doing? Did your mom help you with the braille project? Are you feeling good about purchasing your ticket to see Chris Stefanick? Anything else happening?

George =)

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Hey George,

Woah!  You wrote a lot!  Sorry for not getting back sooner; I wanted to last night, but while I was making beer bread I stupidly burnt both of my middle finger knuckles on the oven rack.  But it's better now and I can type back!

VBS sounds ridiculous!  AND you (unfortunately) missed the meeing, but that was totally not your fault.  No one gave you the date!  Good job with the Spanish translation; that was so, so nice and proactive of you!  Have you had any Hispanic people sign up yet?

How is your face rash thing going?  Any better?  Did you sleep okay last night even though you're on prednisone?  Insomnia is the worst!

The steam inhaler is totally helping!  Like noticeably, too.  My face is getting less puffy and I can now actually feel my cheekbone.  So yay!  Ummm...when my face gets dry it's like a weird process.  At first it's just like...dry.  Similar to if you get dry hands during the winter.  But after a couple days it starts get really read and break out.  Then it gets to the point where even moving my face hurts.  My skin is annoyingly sensitive, but I can pretty much use any scent-less lotion; right now I have this baby lotion that works pretty good.  I had this nice burt's bees stuff that was working really well, but it ran out and I forgot to pick some up at the store today.

I didn't miss the awards ceremony, that will be later in the summer.  I just missed the announcement about the awards ceremony.  So really not even as big of a deal as I made it seem.  Most people like to believe that the world rotates around them and I am totally one of those people.  It's like the only possible reason why no one emailed me back was because they had it out for me.  How narcissistic!

I watch a lot of Disney movies, too!  Well, scratch that.  I don't watch a lot of movies at all.  But the ones that I DO watch...those are usually Disney.  :)  I vaguely remember hearing about an UP sequel, but you totally reminded me!  I don't think I'm going to watch it (that is, unless I get to go to the premiere--then I kind of have to) because the first UP was SOOOOOOO sad!!!  I cried so hard.  I am so looking forward to Finding Dory.  But it seems like Disney is kind of out of ideas because most--if not all--of their upcoming movies are either sequels or re-makes.  Like the Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, etc. and Toy Story 4, Up, and Finding Dory.  Oh well.  

If this doesn't offend you (and hopefully it doesn't), I think you are acting...rational, but in an irrational way towards your church.  It's totally something I do all the time and I'm not trying to be mean!  It's just part of that whole acceptance thing.  Your situation sounds very similar to mine with that group I'm always complaining about.  You know that they are a problem, but still waste your precious energy being surprised and hurt when something somewhat predictable happens.  It is SO difficult not to be upset, but sometimes you just need to do a little meditation vs. getting so worked up.  Like, sit still, close your eyes, and count your breaths.  It is one of the HARDEST things ever because you'll probably feel really stupid and also wondering why you are wasting time doing nothing.  But eventually you'll (perhaps) calm down and forget about time all together.  And this is totally a do-as-I-say-not-as-I-do moment.  Completely hypocritical.  Just...maybe...it might help.

It's nice that you'll have free internet!  Enjoy it will you still can!

Laundry is such a PAIN.  Did you get it all done?  I am almost fine with doing the laundry...until I have to fold/hang it.  That's too much!

I can't write anymore now because I have to go make supper.  Around 5 we realized that there is like no food in the house.  Oops!  So I made some quick pizza dough and I think I'm going to make it into like bread sticks or something.  I was going to do just regular pizza, but the other kids already had that for lunch while I was out.  

Talk later,

~Aurora

P.S Can you believe that we've known each other for almost exactly 4 months?  That's crazy!  Time flies so much!

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Just wanted to say that I love your new signature!  I keep forgetting to tell you that.  :)

I can't write more right now; I was out all day yesterday and I'm in the middle of a huge couponing moment right now.  

Talk later,

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Hi Aurora,

I can't write much now, either. Thanks about my new sig. Would you believe that it wouldn't let me get even one more character in there?

That's good that you are doing things you like. This weekend I've been reading.I watched the movies, The Giver (did you ever read that book?), Echo (It was a rip off from ET, Close Encounters of the Third Kind AND Iron Giant. The reviews I read mentioned the first movies, but NONE of them referenced the last.), The Hunger Games and Catching Fire, which I know you don't like. I haven't been into reading those kinds of books for a while now and it has taken me months to watch the movies even though I bought them so long ago. I liked The Giver because I don't always have much of an imagination to bring books to life and the movie did that for me in a good way!

We are having a healing service at the church next Sunday at 6pm. I cannot wait to go!

George =)

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Hey,

It's my MBirthday!!!!  I can't believe it's been 3 YEARS since my first (albeit extremely lame) post.  Woah.

It's nice that you're relaxing this weekend.  I've never watched any of those movies...hmmmm...I actually don't think I've ever read the Giver!!!  Yikes!  I definitely should.

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

HAPPY MB BIRTHDAY!!      

You should DEFINITELY read The Giver. It's written by Lois Lowry, is a winner of the Newbery Medal, and is the first of a series of five. This one is absolutely and by far the best. I've read it two or three times, but as I said, the movie really made it come alive for me.

George =)

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Hi Aurora,

I saw some family photos on Instagram and they made me feel sad. It's the holiday weekend and I've been alone most of today cuz my mom had to work, which isn't that abnormal. But I not only saw holiday photos, but photos with my niece Joce celebrating her 8th birthday and my Grandma's birthday, which are both later this week. For the first time this season they were in my Grandma's pool that came with the house that they bought next door to Abigail and Joce's house. I cannot even begin to tell you how much I miss them and how jealous I am. I have to wait another whole month just to be able to go to see them for TWO DAYS. I could cry.

George :'(

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Hey,

Sorry, but I really don't have any great words of wisdom right now.  You honestly almost made me cry!  I only see my relatives once a year (we visit for a week and try to cram in seeing as many people as possible), so I totally understand.  I hope that you are feeling better soon.

I can't even today.  I woke up with like barely any oxygen and I could

I seriously just found this letter in a background tab!  I am so out of it today!  I'm going to go do some studying outside.  Talk later.  

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

I feel so awful.  Everything's just so much!  I woke up feeling downright pathetic.  I really should've used my inhaler or the steam inhaler, but I only have 1 or 2 puffs left of my older inhaler and I honestly didn't have enough energy in me to set up the steamer.  So I like gathered up enough strength and somehow brushed my teeth and did the laundry.  AND THEN both my brothers just started yelling at me because it was my older brother's turn for the dishes and he didn't want to do it.  Seriously.  Then I go to make lunch (quesadillas), but we don't have any tortillas.  That's okay, ummm...tortilla chips and shredded cheese it is.  I couldn't focus on any of the tons of work I have to do, so there's still a huge list.  Then it was time for me and my sister to go study, exercise, etc. outside and I get out there to find my little brother playing around making a ruckus out there.  And he knew what he was doing.  "Mom told me I have to go outside!" yeah during the one hour of the day that we do?  So I taught her inside and then go out there to do my algebra.  While I'm sitting there and she's watering the garden, I look over and see a HUGE beatle.  FREAKED ME OUT.  So I'm like "QUICK! HELP! get-the-net getthenetgetthenetgetthenetgetthenetgetthenet!!!" and she oh-so-daintily and slowly meandered her away to the net in a little stupid drift-y manner.  You're kidding me right?!?  After she handed me the net (and decided that she didn't want to help me), she walked back over the the hose and picked it up to discover a ton of ants all over the handle.  And I am SUCH AN AWFUL PERSON because in my head I was pleased and I was like "Woah!  Instant karma!" and then out-loud I was like "Do you need a hero?  Maaayyybbeeee I could help you....maaayyybeee not".  UGH!   I'm such a jerk.  I still have a ton of work to do.  Plus I'm super depressed at my family's financial state.  School ends soon and then my mom will be out of work (at least for the summer).  My Dad doesn't have an income right now because he's training.  I know he understands our situation, but it annoys me how much he doesn't get the...gravity of it.  He has a "business expense" credit card that I uses WAY too much.  My mom is going to have to work for YEARS to pay it off.  I just want my mom to be back at home!  He seriously spent like $300 on work clothes that he doesn't need, including really fancy shoes.  He already had nice shoes!  Meanwhile, I have a state banquet coming up and I'm searching smelly thrift stores and online clearance sites to find a really cheap, but somewhat acceptable dress.  He just won't try to cut the expenses!  I hardly ever eat out, maybe once/twice a year when relatives visit, but he eats out like 3 days a week!

I'm going crazy, George.  Oh my gosh it's ridiculous.  I just wish my mom could be back home with us.  She works almost constantly and makes like nothing.  She got the job right after my dad was layed off, though, and we really needed the money.  UGh.  And I just found out (through snooping that I shouldn't have been doing) that this kid at her school filed a report against her (which was all entirely fabricated and fake) and that they had to call Child Services and everything.  

Sorry for dropping this all on you.  I was supposed to type something uplifting to try to get you out of your sorrow and kind of just added to the load.  Sorry.  I'm going to go now.  I'll come up with something better later.

~Aurora 

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Hey Aurora,

I'm sorry that you are having such a horrible day. I def know how those can be, but it sounds as if you were inundated today. I wish I could do something to help you. One thing I will say is that you are not a horrible person because of how you deal with your sibs. It's not only normal, but you are way nicer than most teens would be with how your sibs acted and treated you today. You are a teen with three sibs, so you are allowed to be frustrated and the hose thing with your little sis was actually funny. Don't stress over such a thing!!!

Money-wise, I totally get it. I don't understand how Patty can continue to buy roast beef and shrimp and other meats (not poultry or fish) since her unemployment ended a while ago and she isn't even looking for a job, yet she complains about money all the time. She also goes out to eat with friends at least once a week, sometimes a bit more. We eat the cheapest healthy food we can find and hardly ever eat out, too. We had to get rid of cable to pay the rent and internet to pay the car repair bill. We just have to learn to do without and it's not always fun. My mom and I shop at thrift stores, too. We don't really have very good thrift stores where we live, but they have very nice thrift stores where my Grandma lives, so we shop up there every so often. Grandma, Mary's family, and Jerry's family do the same and also go to lots of yard sales. Mom is too busy to go to yard sales and I don't like to do that.

That's nice that you will have your mom home for the summer and I'm sure that you do miss her a lot, but it's also bad that it affects the family income. We got the payment plan for fixing our car in the mail today. TOTALLY NOT WHAT WE EXPECTED! We don't even know how it works, so Mom is going to have to call the "bank" tomorrow to find out. It doesn't say anything anywhere whether we have the six month deal for the $450, then do the six month deal again for the $350 OR did they approve both for the 12 month plan? And we don't understand how we're to pay because they sent us a credit card. We want to PAY YOU MONEY, not use a credit card! Is there something about that which you do not understand? If we don't have the whole thing paid off in time, whichever plan we use, then it costs 30% for the whole bill until it's paid off, so we have to be careful about this so we don't end up worse off than we are right now. That is an outrageous amount of interest and it should be outlawed to do that to people in need.

I sent my Grandma a short email yesterday telling her that I really miss her and everyone else and that I can't believe that I have to wait another whole month to see them. She just responded, "Yeah, it is a long time." Here I am half crying and trying not to be jealous and that's all she's got??? Jeez! My birthday is in the month of July, but we won't be able to return for a visit for July or August because my Grandma has a visitor from France for the whole month of July, then she gets a one week break, then has a visitor from Israel for the last three weeks in August. I'll be lucky if I'll be able to get to try out my Grandma's pool while the nieces and nephews will be there practically every day. How am I not supposed to be jealous. The only way we WOULD get to visit in either July or August is if my sis lets Mom and I stay with her a couple of days. They have a spare bedroom that we've used, but we only stayed there twice because of Mary working on her Bachelor's in Nursing. She will be done right before we come to visit at the end of June. It's also her birthday. Usually Mary & her family go away to the beach around then even if for just a few days, so I'll be exceptionally disappointed if I don't get to see them. I wouldn't mind the length in between the visits if the visits weren't always so short. We used to go for four day visits, but we haven't done that since last summer. I can't even go up and just stay with the family for a bit while my mom goes back home so she can work, then have her get me and bring me home. Everybody is just too busy for me to be able to do that. We've done that lots in the past. My mom would drive an hour and one of the adults from there would drive an hour. We'd have lunch together, then I'd go on to my Grandma's while mom went back home to work, then we'd do the same a week later. It's just really hard since I already feel isolated because of not being in school and I missed so much church lately. I sit with this elderly lady, Chris, at the 8:15 service. She was happy to see me and said she was going to call me last week to find out where I was - having missed two Sundays. She forgot but she showed me that she'd already written on the front of her bulletin to call me if I hadn't shown up on Sunday. That made me feel better.

I didn't get to say hello to Pastor Cathy at all. I helped with SS. I was with the first graders. The 4-5yo class is next door and we close the divider after the kids sing. That class has lots of kids, mostly all boys. On Sunday they DID have all boys and there were a lot of kids, so Miss Jen sent two boys over to our class, giving us a total of seven. McKayla and Rachel kept to themselves at one end of the table. Gideon and Ben did the same at their end of the table. Taylor, a girl, was very independent, but wanted to show me everything she did, which I totally get. The two younger boys - I'm not sure if they were brothers or cousins because the man who picked them up looked like he might have been their grandfather. Noah is disabled, though, and Miss Jen said RIGHT IN FRONT OF NOAH that she was sending him to our class (the older kids' class) because he was disabled. In my head I was like, "SHUT UP! How can you even think of saying that in front of this poor child?" I think the assistant was teaching the class and I was assisting her. It's first grade SS with the easiest story/crafts ever, but she didn't seem to know what she was doing, and I thought that was very sad. There was this birthday hat to cut out of a piece of paper because it was Pentecost and the birthday of Christianity. Miss Paula asked me, in front of all of the kids, "Do you think Caleb knows how to cut with scissors?" He is probably at the end of kindergarten, so why wouldn't he? I told her to ask him or just give him the scissors. IDK what is "officially" wrong with Noah, but he doesn't talk (though he's very observant), and may have some cerebral palsy or something that affected his ability to do much and he walked really slowly, but it didn't seem as if his walking was very off, just slow. So, it's hard to tell. Anyway, I went to Noah and he was trying to use both hands to cut with the scissors. I held the paper for him and sort of guided him along to cut ut the hat. It was kind of a hatchet job because I tried to turn the paper the right way as he was cutting, but it was great. Miss Paula picked up the hat and started to trim it "so it would look right." I put my hand on the paper right where she had already cut halfway and said, "Let him be proud of what he did." It's like when kids are in first grade and they learn how to spell using phonics before they are gradually taught how to spell words. You don't use red ink and circle all of their misspellings, so you don't correct the cutting that a little disabled boy just did, either. I literally held onto the paper for about 15 seconds while she was trying to decide if she was going to cut my fingers or not. O_O Also, Miss Paula didn't ask me my name or introduce herself. She didn't have the kids tell me their names - I just was able to figure them out for myself. The only ones I knew were McKayla and Rachel because they are Brianna and Leslie's children. We have the second VBS prep night tomorrow and I'm going to try to get to know the people (women) because in the Children's Ministry meeting nobody said who they were or anything. WHAT IS UP WITH THAT???? I have social skills issues, but that is the most basic thing ever and nobody has ever done it with the SS or the meetings or anything. Yet we are to work together. *eye roll*

Well, I've complained enough! It's our day to complain, I guess. I'm going to only post positive things for the next two days!!!  =)

I hope you feel better soon! George

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Hey Aurora,

I really like the people at the hospital who are doing the PT on my foot. They are doing different exercises and they are taping my foot differently that how Maria even did it at the old place before she moved to Alaska. I like this taping better because it lasts longer and supports the arch and heel better. They are actually trying to work out the rough spots they find in my foot as they massage it, not just acting like they are massaging it, but not applying any pressure or anything. Steph even told me that I'm not walking on that foot properly. I need to walk from my heel to my toe, and nobody ever told me to work on that before now.

I went to VBS prep night last night. Only two other people showed up. I was surprised because I thought that most of the people involved in VBS would show up, so I guess it wasn't so bad that I missed last week. I used the paper cutter to cut out lots of stuff, including lots of colored flags. I put them in order based on the days they would be needed so Brianna could put them in each folder - like five to a folder, so I cut out and sorted about 200 of each color. Then I punched out red dots with a hole punch. Brianna needs them for a craft since she hasn't been able to find red confetti anywhere. Again Brianna didn't introduce me to the first person who showed up and who I'd never met before. They were talking and I was looking for an opportunity to introduce myself when Julie finally introduced herself. It was kind of fun. I found out that the teens are going to be doing the signing in and out of all the kids every night, but since I've been working with Brianna already, I get to have a "crew" that I'm in charge of. Like, so far there are 50 preschoolers signed up. Each crew will have five of the kids. We don't have to teach the kids or anything, but get to know them, make sure they understand the teachings, help them with the crafts, help them behave, and just plain have fun with them. They are a lot of little classes inside of the big class. So far there are more preschoolers signed up than any other age. They would actually divide the 10 groups into 4 groups since there will be four stations, so it's not like someone will be teaching all 50 kids at one time. I won't know for a while yet which age/grade that Brianna is going to have me signed up with. IF Joshua is signed up, I have a feeling that I will be with the preschoolers and Josh will be in my crew. I would prefer to be with the preschoolers.

I did get to talk to Brianna some, too. She made copies of the Spanish registration (and never said thanks for what Dennis and I did!) and did NOT put them on a different colored paper. I hadn't thought I would have to tell her to do that so the Hispanics would notice it and look. If they just see more blue papers, they are not even going to bother looking. I am going to hold onto a whole handful of them for the parents who come tonight, though. Brianna had to get another helper last Thursday and there were too many kids again. Joshua is way more active than his 2-1/2 old brother Jed, but he likes me, so he listens to me when I get him to settle down instead of running all over the place. Well, Valerie (an adult who I know because she is in choir) couldn't get Joshua to settle down for ANYTHING and Brianna thinks he behaved so badly because I wasn't there. WOW! That sure made me feel good! They also had two kids show up who have come to Thursday nights before, but not when I've been there. She said they were horrible. Between the three kids, she doesn't think Valerie will come back. I told her that if she knows she would be the THIRD person, she might come back, but she didn't say anything. I asked her if she had tried to call anyone to get a third person for us and she said no, but that P. Cathy might ask her hubby Mike to help. Brianna wasn't sure how that would work out. I told her that I thought it would be brilliant because 1. He is so gentle that it would be calming to kids. 2. It would be good for those kids who don't have dads. I'm not sure Mike would be able to help every week. I've NEVER seen him at the church on a Thursday night, yet he is always there most other times when P. Cathy is at the church. I still think we need to call people and set up a schedule where people only have to help once every 4-6 weeks for LESS THAN AN HOUR. Especially if we don't know when Mike will be there or not cuz of his work. He works four 12 hour days and I know Thursday is one of those days, so I can't imagine he'd be able to be there because his work is an hour away. But if that's what they said, then I guess it's workable at least sometimes. I even told Brianna again that I'd call people if she gave me a list, but she didn't say anything. Twenty kids are too much for us to make sure the kids don't get hurt in the playground and to get them up and down the steps without the little ones falling down and if we have to be inside the whole time and just watch a movie because it's raining or something because they would be too antsy. I'll see what happens and try again to ask if I can call people in a few weeks if I need to.

Brianna also gave me a summer schedule of when she'd like me to help, about 6 weeks during the summer. I'd miss five Sunday Schools to work with the preschoolers and one late service to help with cradle roll - because of people taking vacations. She told me last night after the others had left that when people don't show up at the last minute for Sunday School, she has to fill in. There is nobody else. It's against the law for one person to be with kids, and there can only be people who have had clearances. I'm like the only exception cuz I've been with Brianna all this time and proved myself and I think she has finally come to like me so that she talks to me more. I like being an exception!  =)  She also said that Pastor Cathy has been getting on her to attend a service so that she can be fed and stay connected to God. It's something I've been worrying about. Brianna likes the 9:30 contemporary service the best, but she teaches for about 10 to 15 minutes, then if she doesn't have to help in a class, she is free. I think she should be going to the service even if she's late. It's not unheard of and in that service, nobody would even notice because it's in the Family Life Center with chairs and tables and people sit everywhere and the lights are low to see the lyrics on the screen. Also, everyone would understand since they know she works with the kids. I can't imagine why she hasn't been doing this. I'm THINKING of telling her that SOMETIMES when people don't show up, she can let me know and I'll help, but I don't want to do it ALL OF THE TIME. I just don't understand how adults can do that - just not show up. It's so irresponsible and they KNOW that there has to be two cleared adults in the room. The same thing happens with the ushers. At the usher meeting a while ago the head ushers said that they don't even know until that morning how many adults are going to show up out of the ones assigned to show up. It's the height of irresponsiblilty. I just don't get it! Call and let the person know ahead of time that you won't be there so they can try to get someone else. DUH!!!

Well, there was some negative in there, but I think I was able to keep it MOSTLY positive.  =) Gotta go.

George =)

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Hey George,

I honestly only partially read your message, but I will finish it later.  It's been a tough couple of days!  

Talk later,

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Hey again,

I can be really stupid sometimes. I mean, I've been a mess all day and I haven't even thought of the most simplest thing which would have been coming on here and talking to you. Okay so here's the deal. 2 years ago I went on vacation during the summer to visit my relatives up north. But it was a total mess because I wasn't feeling good and pretty much I cried every night. But now I'm kind of thinking that I might want to go back this summer. and it's kind of killing me because I don't want to go and not sleep or be anxious etc, but if I don't go I don't want to be jealous of my brother who is going or regret it.  Gah!  I don't know.  I'm just like embarrassed that I was such a mess  last time and it would be great to be like LOOK I can do it! Plus I've been wanting to try to get away from it all for a while.  But it's just....ARGH!!!  Traveling is HARD for me!  I don't even know.  

What do you think?  I know most of this doesn't make sense (some of which I can blame on the fact that I am trying to type this on my sister's tablet) , but basically I'm trying to decide if I should visit friends and family up north this summer.  My brother will technically be there, but considering that we wouldn't really be staying with each other and that I would fly back sooner than him , I would be on my own jumping between fa!lily me!mbes.

Thankz George

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Sorry.  That sent before I could finish the whole thank you and you are brilliant and thankyou for everything and sorry for not replying yet thing.  And sorry about that z on the end of thanks.  I went to fix the typo and it sent.

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Hey Aurora,

I'm sorry you are having a hard time. What about writing a pros and cons list? What about having a plan in case you are having a hard time like the last visit? You are older and more resourceful than you were two years ago. You are more mature. You will be returning before your brother, so how long will you be staying? Is it a short enough period of time that you think will be do-able? Can you talk to your mom since school will be over soon and hopefully she's a bit less stressed? Tell her some of your concerns and get her thoughts. I hope i helped. Let me know what happens. 

Later, George

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Aurora,

So, how are things going with you today? I hope you are doing better.

We had 23 kids at Hungry Hearts last night. It's really hard with that many kids and just two of us. Brianna had talked to Pastor Cathy about us trying to find a third person and I'd already offered to call people and set up a schedule so people only have to help for LESS THAN AN HOUR once every 4 or 6 or 8 weeks or something. How hard would that be when it would be so beneficial in so many ways??? I emailed Pastor Cathy and told her my perspective of why we need a third person in case Brianna didn't tell her all of the reasons, which makes it sound more imperative, which it is. I haven't heard back from Pastor Cathy, but I haven't heard from her in a while even though I asked her two questions in an email a few days ago. I guess she's really busy. I just love the kids more and more each time and I hope I don't have to miss any more Thursday nights. I learned last night that Joshua, Jed, Kendall, and a couple of new kids who all sit together at a group of long tables are from one of the homeless shelters in the area. I'd had no idea! So, now it makes sense why they always sit together and help one another with the kids and stuff. Yesterday I signed in the kids and Josh's dad didn't sign in his kids, so I went into the pews to get him to do so. He said he'd already signed them in and I was like really? I looked and sure enough his initials were on the sign in clip board. I was like, "How did you do that?" Because I'd let go of the clip board during that time. He was laughing and teasing me how he'd sneaked in, then Kendall's mom admitted that she'd signed the boys in when she signed in Kendall. It was funny and I was laughing. Brianna was watching me. I just really wonder why she doesn't try to talk to the parents.

We have VBS the third week of June. The teens will be in charge of signing in and out the kids when the parents drop them off and pick them up. Since I've been working with Brianna so much, I get to have a group of kids and take them through the program each evening. I told Brianna I wanted preschool and she put three of the kids from Thursday with me - ones who might be scared, but since they know me, that will help them. She is waiting to see who else signs up before she adds two more kids to my group.

That's it for now. I hope you are okay. George =)

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

*I HADN'T let go of the clipboard when the kids were being signed in at that time. =)

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Hey George,

Once again, THANK YOU!  And sorry that I haven't been posting much. 

Your Grandmother gets a lot of visitors!!!  It stinks that you won't be able to see them for so long.  :(  Not sure if you covered this, but would it be at all possible to take like Amtrak or something?  Public Transportation?  Because you said that your family lives about 2 hours away, right?  That wouldn't be too terribly bad if your mother would let you go alone.  I mean, it would likely take more time (vs. driving), but at least you'd get there.

It sounds like your church has so many of the same communication problems as "that group I'm always complaining about".  (Geesh...that's obnoxiously named.  I'm going to stick to calling it GIACA--group I always complain about--instead for convenience's sake)  It's like, seriously people?!?  Like when Miss Jen said right in front of Noah how he was getting moved because he was disabled.  How do people not understand common sense?  And NOT INTRODUCING YOURSELF???  That's just weird.  Like, to the extent that when--probably about 2 years ago now--I went to an orchestra audition and the judge didn't introduce himself I still remember to this day (with a crystal clear memory) how weird it was.  (Plus I wouldn't start the audition until he did XD)  Plus the zero-communication between meetings is literally painful.  Wouldn't it be great if you and I together planned a presentation on proper communication and then each presented it to our respective groups?  I just don't want to seem like a high-and-mighty jerk.  XD

I'm so glad that your new PT is working well and that you like the people there!  I know a couple people who have had problems with how they walk that led to pain.  My cousin (the rich one if you remember) and my younger brother are the worst, though.  At one point my cousin had to go to PT for a couple months or so because she just downright couldn't walk anymore.  One thing that they both have done at one point or other was to walk on the beach in the sand so that you can see your footprints and make sure that you were walking correctly.  I mean, you probably don't live near a beach (only a tiny little bit of PA is on the water, right?), but I tried.  

Is the VBS thing moving along at a good pace?  Or do you think there's going to have to be a huge cram session right before it starts?  It sounds like you got a good amount of stuff done while you were there at the prep night.

Thank you again for all of the posts that you've typed these past couple of days.  I've been a mess and they are so nice to read!  I'm sorry that I could really reply more; my neck is kind of killing me right now for some reason and making this difficult.

Here's a little update on my life. :)  

It happens occasionally that I realize how little you know about certain aspects of my life.  It's like I forget to tell you and the only way you could really catch everything would be to live alongside me!  So...my sister is now a 2nd degree black belt!  Today I made a little video montage--2 clips from her practicing outside and then a bunch from her belt testing.  I put it to music, too!  Mission Impossible and then Code Name Vivaldi (from the Piano Guys).  It turned out really nice, but I'm waiting for it to upload so I can email it to our family.  Good thing it took so long because that gave me time to type this to you!  (It's seriously taking forever, though.  The upload started maybe 5 minutes before I started this letter and it's only 50% done now!  :0 )

I don't know about the trip up north.  It's like...half of the time I am SO certain that I'm going to go and it's like not even a possibility NOT to.  But then the other half of the time I couldn't even IMAGINE going and it sounds like such a ridiculous idea!  How crazy!!!  I want to talk to my mom this weekend about it.  She's much easier to talk to during the weekend (no school!) and I don't want to have to be trapped with my thoughts alone for another week!  That would be torture!

Yesterday my sinuses starting hurting really weirdly.  More like that bone right under your eye (sorry I'm not very good with that medical terminology stuff) and more-so on the right side.  I used my steam inhaler 4 times and it didn't really help.  That is, other than during the time when I was actually using it.  It still hurts today in the same way.  It's just WEIRD, though.  Usually when my face hurts it feels inflamed and like it's going to explode.  But it doesn't really feel too swelled up or anything.  Maybe Sinusitis is a "it gets worse before it gets better" kind of illness and it just hurts because it's going away?  I don't know.

I have to go.  The video hasn't uploaded yet (almost 70%), but I just got a bad headache.  Talk later!

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

There is like no one on the MB tonight!  I posted this about an hour and a half ago and it's still on the first page!  Anyways, the video finally uploaded, but your not getting any more words out of me tonight.  That headache that happened at the end of my last letter has since exploded into a rare all-over migraine.  Yay.  I'll try to write again tomorrow.

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

rHi Aurora,

I can't wtite too much since im writing from my mom's phone. I am very sorry that your headache turned into such a huge migraine. Im a baby when it comes to that kind.of pain. I hope you feel better.today.

I had/have a problem with Pastor Cathy. She didnt like one of my emails and i didnt understand what was wrong with it, so i got very upset.i was already in a bad frame of mind, feeling ive been rejected by two of my friends and and now by her, too. She doesnt habe time for us to get together to talk about this until sometime thursday,

I was so upset that i texted my Grandma to call me. Having been a astor she said that she has beem hurt the most by people who make assumptioms and forget her heart. I know Pastor Cathy has a heart folled with tje love of Jesus and that she cares about me a lot, so i need to remember t

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

I need to remember that and not let my thoughts and feelings get carried away with me while I'm waiting for Thursday to get here. It"s going to seem like a very long wait and i hope it goes well when it finally gets here. 

It has made me doubt everything that ive been doing at the church even though I'd thought i was doing a good job. I hope things go well or I'm going to be devastated. I wasn't wanting to go to church today, but my Grandma said that if i miss church, I'm letting satan win. I was so worn out emotionally that I just couldnt get out of bed, so i missed church. I am going to go to.the healing service tonight at 6pm. 

I'll write lots tomorrow when I'm at the library. George

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Look at all of those typos. Thats why i hate typing from.the phone. After i've typed more than fits in the box, i sometimes have to submit and continue in a new box because i cant.see what im typing below the line. If the cursor jumps to the very front of what I've typed, there is no way to get the cursor back to where it belongs if it's to go below the line. Now you know! =)

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Aurora,

Eh, bored. Not in a good mood. I came to the library to volunteer on a specific project and they did it without me. Only one computer was available for a while cuz the one upstairs wasn't working. The keyboard on that computer didn't work. This week just started and I can't wait for it to be over. 

I won't be at the library tomorrow since the car will be at the mechanics.

I see Pastor Cathy sometime Thursday, which I already told you. That's all I got since I'm not in a good mood. Sorry. I hope you are feeling better, though.

George =)

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Hi Aurora,

How are you feeling? Did you get to talk to your mom about you visiting family? Does school end for you this week? How had your  exercising been going? Have you been filling out scholarship applications once a week? That is very cool that your sister is a 2nd degree black belt. How old is she?

Even though my mom had told our mechanic like 3 times that we would need our car tonight, when we dropped it off this morning he said he'd need it for two days. We're paying to take transportation to my PT appt this afternoon. I have to call around to see if i can get a ride to VBS training tonight, and then i have two things tomorrow that Patty is going to drive me to. We're going to be in big trouble if the mecjanic finds something else that needs tobe fixed on the car. At least he's trustworthy. I dont know how we'd get anywhere without our car and it's so old. 

As far as taking Amtrac

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

As for using Amtrak to visit family, my mom would have to drive me the hour near our family meeting place just to get me to amtrak. Then my grandma or someone would have to drive 1/2 hour from their home to pick me up. Might as well get a family face to face out of it.

Later, George

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Hi Aurora,

I hope that you are feeling well and/or busy in a good way. Guess what happened today? Pastor Cathy offered to talk to me with Crystal. I had already been considering the same thing. On Thursday I'm going to help Brianna with VBS stuff in the morning, and then Pastor Cathy and I are going to walk two blocks from the church to Crystal's office. I called Crystal and let her a message that Pastor Cathy will be coming with me to my appt cuz of issues we are dealing with. I want everything properly resolved since I like and care about P. Cathy very much and she has been more than wonderful to me. I'm blessed that P. Cathy is willing to do this cuz she cares about me, too. Because of her and Crystal I feel positive about everything coming to a good resolution for both of us and that it will be long lasting.

Gotta go. Blessings, George

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_