Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Branch: Ekaterina

Very creative title, ain't it?  :)  So how's life treating you?  

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

"I'm not asking for a million years or never or forever.  I'm asking for one day only.  Today." ~Irina

"Be happy with what you have while working for what you want" ~Helen Keller

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Branch: Lucian

It's a great title because it got my attention!

Yes, the orange glucose tablets are my favorite. I have learned that fruit snacks work pretty well, too, and cost less. I always keep some glucose tablets on me along with the fruit snacks, though.

I don't mind the needles. The doctor gives me the thinnest, shortest needles that there are. I give them in my belly. It took me a long time to realize that if I just stick them in fast, then I don't usually feel them in at all. If I try to put them in slowly, then they usually hurt. The needles I DON'T like are the ones from the doctor's office that go in the arm because they are not as thin, longer, and go into the muscle. UGH!

I don't like to prick my fingers, though. The skin gets tough after a while, so that always kind of hurts, but it's not a big hurt. Just an annoyance since I have to do it so often.

Honestly, sometimes when I get too stressed, I eat too much and then I have to take more insulin. That's never a good thing. Plus, the more insulin that I use, the more it keeps the weight on. I'm not very overweight, but I do need to do better. I live in Pennsylvania and I cannot go out to walk and stuff as much as I usually do even though the winter is a bit warmer than usual. I've also been in physical therapy for almost two months. My right hip was hurting and it didn't worry me too much at first. Then it was giving me shin splints on the right shin. They had to change up the exercises halfway through and I'm doing better finally. I'll be glad when winter is gone.

Wow, hypoglycemia gives you migraines. That really stinks. I'm glad that doesn't happen to me. How are you doing? It's nice to get to know you. Thanks for making this chat!

George

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

wonderwhip,            ●~

and an amazecherry on top!

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Seriously just reading about needles freaks me out.  I think you sound like such a..a...motivated?...strong?...whatever that word is--person.  Always so nice and trying to help out!  :)  Do you still have shin splints?  I hope not!

Eh.  It's not really the hypoglycemia that causes the migraines.  Its so stupid because I don't even know what causes what.  There are just too many symptoms!  And depending on what doctor I go to I get a different diagnosis.  Because I have all the symptoms for all of these random illnesses that I probably don't even have.  Or I could.

For example: I went to an asthma and allergies doctor last year (lead from regular doc).  And because she was a pulmonologist, she ran some tests on my lungs and said I had asthma.  (And of course I was able to check off all the symptoms).  But the thing is, I don't even know if I have asthma; just that my lungs hurt.  And the doctor figured that since I had every single symptom  it must be asthma.  And thus, I got put on about a million drugs, which were obviously super expensive and did more harm than help.

--

Okay.  So I know I just seriously ranted, but you have no idea how bad I've been wanting to tell someone all of that.  Just to talk about it all in a mostly non-depressing way.  Thank you for giving that to me. 

~Aurora

• Posted at:

"I'm not asking for a million years or never or forever.  I'm asking for one day only.  Today." ~Irina

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

I cannot even begin to imagine how hard that must be for you. To have so many symptoms of things that you don't know what it is, so you don't know how to make it better! It almost sounds like you need to go to a Children's Hospital and see a team of doctors so they all see you at the same time and consider everything. Because going to one doctor at a time, they always want to be the one who "saves" you or whatever. 

I know this sounds really weird, but I have an 87 year old neighbor named Betty who is like you. She has so many symptoms that nobody really knows what is wrong with her. They said she DEVELOPED asthma at 85 years old! She was told she had shingles, then she didn't have shingles, but they didn't know what her symptoms were and didn't know how to treat her. Her pain is from arthritis, but it's not from arthritis. Oh, no you don't have asthma, you have pulmonary hypertension! She finally left that bad doctor for another doctor. She learned that she is pre-diabetic and has been pre-diabetic for four years and her doctor never told her. But now her new doctor is as bad as her old doctor but she figures she's not "going to last long", so she may as well stay with him anyway.

But you have your whole life ahead of you. You shouldn't have to go through all of that. I really hope you get it figured out soon.

Me, motivated? No, not so much. I've spent most of yesterday and today on the computer. For school, but then on here all of the rest of the time. I might be banned from the computer tomorrow as a result. Because I haven't done my chores or anything. I usually do those, but I've been bad! :(

So, what kinds of things do you like to do? Do you have siblings? If you have told me these things in the past, I'm sorry. I'm getting to know a lot of new people right now.

George

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Oh, that is so sad with your neighbour!  Yeah, all the doctors just focus on what they specialize in and kinda forget to check the rest of you out.  I went to a major hospital for like 3 years when I was young for my ears.  And now I find out that my lungs haven't worked properly my whole life.  Like hey, couldn't you have moved that fancy scanner thing down just a bit?

Well you should get motivated then!  Because you have like, the heart to do it or whatever.  That deep-down cliche and stuff.  I feel like if you found something that really called to you, you could be living a more..meaningful?..life.  Is there anything that you really enjoy?  Maybe I could help you--if you want--find something of meaning in your life?  

(Sorry that I've been adjective-deficient lately.  That's where all the dots and question marks are coming from ;) )

In re: I like a lot of stuff! I am so not trying to be bragging, but everybody always tells me I'm soooo good at everything.  I don't even have to try.  So then the people in whatever activity are like "You'll  do great things with this new skill!"  But I already have so many other things!  And then I don't want to let people down!

But for things I like to do: Music (I've been playing piano a lot lately, but violin is what I study), baking (it is so calming for me), youth group, braille, couponing.  That's all I'm coming up with right now. ;)

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Oh, and can you explain the stars to me?

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Like the 39 clues ones :)  Not the ones in the sky!

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

First, the stars. If someone wants to keep track of a thread, they click on a star so that whenever a red star comes up on the MB it is something that they know they are interested in. My first chat with six of us in has like 60 stars! Now THAT is NOT supposed to happen! They are also like "likes". If someone likes a post because it's funny or interesting, then they click on it. Some people really keep track of stars. Others don't make a big deal of stars. There are people who have been on here since 2011 and they did have likes back then, I forget in what form. I started in Feb 2012. they carried over and became stars. So they will always have more because of being on here for so long and everyone pretty much knows them. Some people never star others just because they never think of it. Some people always star themselves. In our chat with 6 people, whenever we read someone's post, we would star it. We did it to let them we had read it, and they would know how many of us had read their post even if we didn't comment. We also did it to keep track of where we had left off reading because sometimes we would make 30 posts in a day. So, that's the stars. Any form of asking for stars is a big no-no. Some people always try to find a way to do this, but it's not a popular thing to do.

You went to a major hospital for 3 years for your EARS and even then they didn't look at your lungs? Wow. How frustrating. I know too many people like you who are good at too many things. Me, not so much. I am NOT artistic AT ALL even though my Grandma is an artist. I stink at sports. I cannot carry a tune. Once in music class the teacher played RECORDS - I'm sure that is what messed me up! We were to guess the instrument. I was so bad I thought a violin was a piano!!! I cannot bake a box cake to save my life. 

I like reading. I like history and I'm learning about the Holocaust, the Civil War and the Revolutionary War. I am interested in Missing Children and I follow children with cancer on FB and I've learned a lot about pediatric cancer including the lack of pediatric cancer funding and stuff. People think I'm morbid, but I am just the kind of person who is for the underdog. It's because I've been bullied so much. I like kids a lot, but I don't know if I want to teach or not.

I started to go to a new church the last week in August. The new pastor is Pastor Cathy. She started on July 1. She has been really helpful to me and lets me email her whenever I need to. I've gradually been getting more comfortable in the church. I have some social anxiety from all of the bullying. The church went without a Youth pastor for quite a while and didn't get a new one until mid-October. So, the kids weren't really welcoming to me. I've just kind of been there while they all have fun. A girl who has been away all of this time just returned and for a bit they talked to her, then left her alone, too, as if since she had been gone, they weren't really interested in her anymore. Teens, what is up with that kind of stuff? So last week I went up to her and talked to her. She is in the 9th grade. We didn't meet this week cuz of the weather, though. I'm hoping we can be friends. Cuz I really don't have any other friends except for the few on here.

I do feel like I can be a responsible person and I try to be a peacemaker. Sometimes I mess up, though. But I guess that's all part of learning. I went a whole year without socializing, so that kind of got me out of practice, I guess. Now that I do cyberschool, I'm still out of practice, especially in person.

So, why are you learning braille? Is it because you want to help people when you get older or something?

George

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Okay.  I remember when the likes came out (wow that made me feel old).  If I star something will it show up on the feed on the homepage?

The whole ear thing was fine.  I mean it was an ENT hospital so they're off the hook.  

There's something there with your love of history and children and children in history.  I don't think its morbid at all. When you first said teacher I thought NO, not the right job for you.  But I'm thinking maybe that sounds good.  Because you could prevent bullying and stuff first hand.  Or maybe you could be a coordinator for Make a Wish or similar? 

Have you read about Henri Landwirth?  I am doing a report on him and he's just fascinating to me.   

I gotta go, but I'll finish the rest of my thoughts later!

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Hi again!

Are you in the 9th grade?  I'm in tenth, but only because I skipped a grade plus I've always been a year younger than everyone in my grade. 

I think you could learn to be good at any one of those things, but only if you truly want to.

Okay, so cyberschool.  Like Florida Virtual?  Public school at home?  I've done that and its pretty cool, but I didn't go back this year because I didn't like people telling me what to do. ;)

I'm going to repost something I wrote to you before, but you never saw:

Yes I learned braille to help people, but who needs to wait until your older? Oh, wait. Yeah. (To get nationally certified as a Braille Transcriber you have to have a high school diploma. Thanks, Library of Congress.) So right now I am just working on children's books (mostly in grade 1 un-contracted and super easy) so that I don't like forget the alphabet or something.  The picture books go to these super cute blind kids.  (It's like heart=melted)  But then my braille teacher figured that I should work on some grade 2 as well, so I'm supposed to be transcribing Peter Pan (the kids version).

I've read the Secret Series and it was super good! I know, all the new books coming out are super violent. Like, okay? Is this where society's headed? I'm going to order wonder from the library. Thanks for the suggestions!

How do you feel about music?  Do you play an instrument?  I have been playing the violin for pretty much my whole life, so I can pick up on other instruments really quick.  I just love music!  I appreciate classical music (now) because of all the emotions you can feel through the sounds.  (I'm pretty sure it wasn't that deep when I started playing classical at 3 though!)  A lot of "modern" music sounds kinda one-dimensional to me.  I don't know.  ;)

~Aurora

P.S It's weird because sometimes my posts go into a moderation queue and sometimes they don't.  Which is weird because all posts used to go through moderation.  Is it because my name isn't in their dictionary or something?

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

If you click on the star on the first post of a thread, then that is the one that lets you see the thread on the MB pages.

You must have skipped the part where I wrote that the music teacher played a record and I thought a violin was a piano. Or was it the other way around? Either way, that's bad! I like music. Not any of today's music, really. I do like classical music if it's not too fast. I like the harp. I like Christian music, but again, not if it's loud or like rap or anything. Worship music. That's what I like to listen to.

I'm supposed to be in 9th grade. I flunked 8th grade, but not because I didn't try or care. I was bullied really bad in 7th grade, which was right after we moved. Nobody at school cared no matter how much my mom talked to them and it got worse all the time. On the bus the kids wouldn't let me sit down, which is illegal, but the bus driver acted like i was invisible. Toward  the very end of the school year this highschooler (cuz the middle and high schools are beside one another so we are on the same bus) snuck up behind me and kicked me in the back as hard as he could. I smashed my head and face on the metal and glass at the front of the bus. There was blood everywhere. I was RIGHT BESIDE the bus driver and he STILL acted like I wasn't there. He kept driving and let me off at my bus stop. When I got home my mom freaked out and took me to the hospital. I had a bad concussion and had migraines on and off all summer. My depression and anxiety got worse.

I started cyberschool, but I couldn't focus and I was home alone all day and had no friends, so I just got more depressed. I did start to see a therapist at the beginning of the school year, but things like that don't start to help right away. So I ended up flunking 8th grade. I started a different cyberschool this year and I'm doing much better because I'm feeling a lot better. I started to go to a new church at the end of August and I'm finally feeling comfortable there and I think I'm finally making one friend. The pastor only came on July first, so she is new, too. I can talk to her or ask her to pray for me if I really need to, and I can email her, so that's really nice and helpful. So, that's why I'm 14 and in the 8th grade. Cyberschool is okay. I'd rather do homeschool, but since the school NEVER acknowledged there was ever a problem, they wouldn't provide this for me and my mom is a single mom, so this was the only option. If I were doing homeschool I would be plugged into a group and probably have other friends.

Wow, you have a braille teacher. I thought you were doing this on your own. No wonder I couldn't teach myself. It must be harder than I had thought. I had tried to start with children's books, too, but just couldn't get the hand of it. That is so cool that you do that! The Secret Series was one of my fave series. I think you'll like Wonder. It's my favorite book, but I don't own it. I want to get it sometime so I can reread it. There is this other book that came out that is like "Wonder 365 Days a Year" or something. Like inspirationas stuff or something, I'm guessing. I would like that, too. Yeah, I hate that everything in books and TV is getting more violent. I just reserved The Lightning Thief. I think you said you read that series, right? I know practically everyone on the MB seems to love the Percy Jackson related series and even think that Rick Riordan himself is a god or some sort!

I think there is still a posting glitch going on. If I type a really long post, like this one, I generally save it on Word now in case it doesn't go through. Sometimes it goes through, sometimes it doesn't. So hard to tell sometimes. Alabaster writes great stories and with his first story he learned the hard way to save his chapters on Word before posting them on here. 

I'd better go. I still have some chores to do as well as some school work. We are probably going to be snowed in tomorrow (I was going to go to a church meeting tomorrow, but it will probably be cancelled), so I will probably be on here, do more chores (there are always so many) and read. I need to catch up on my reading!

Catch you later, George

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Nevermind ;)  Post didn't go through

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Hmmmm....so short posts go through right away?

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Piano can sound like a violin sometimes!  Like I said, you could learn if you wanted to.

Okay, so I have a braille teacher because I am an (unlicensed) braille transcriber.  (See previous about high school diplomas)  A braille transcriber takes print books and then types them into braille.  To learn just for reading (and not learning all the rules needed to type it) is a lot easier because you don't have to worry about why some word is contracted or not.  I could teach you grade 1 really quick if you want?  It's pretty much just the alphabet and some punctuation.

I can't even think of snow!  I guess it has been a little chilly here (60's) and tomorrow it might rain, but snow sounds laughable to me!

-------

Your story about the bus is seriously sick.  (I am not being mean to you, rather the opposite) The fact that stuff like that happens every day is so disgusting.  I don't think I'd be able to deal with migraines if I knew it was someones fault.  That's one of the ways I don't get angry about my migraines is because I know there's no one to blame.  

-------

I want to tell you something.  I was so ready to quit the MB again just the afternoon that I joined.  What happened was I logged on, typed a little I'm back thing, then went to see what was going on around here.  And all that I saw was stuff like this.  How everyone was in depression, and people were dying, and there were butterfly projects.  You see, I try to shield myself from thinking that stuff like that happens (even though I can't be shielded from myself) and reality kinda came crashing in.  I went into a full-on attack (I don't know.  Anxiety, stress, asthma, whatever).  It was awful.  I was so depressed and I started feeling like I would never get well again because no one else was healthy either.

On Wednesday I admitted to myself that I need help.  But then I sat and thought about the meaning of help, and how no one could really help me, and how I was just going to burden this "helpful person's" time.    

And then, I started talking to you and now I feel so much better.  I needed to admit that I was sick, say the things that I would never say to someone face-to-face because I'm not brave enough.  I mean, how do you admit to someone that you think about death alot, and then just continue a casual relationship?  I don't think I'll ever have a friend like that, so thank you for being there. :)

-----

My Name

(I'm doing a test to see if this post goes through immediately) 

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

I thought you were still learning to read braille and that's why you had a teacher. I didn't realize you were already learning to transcribe. Sorry. The reason I had a hard time trying to teach myself braille was because I couldn't feel the dots very well. I don't know if maybe it's because my skin is less sensitive since I've had to test on my fingers so much or if it's something else.

You live in FL, right? The 60's is chilly? Right now 37 degrees feels heavenly and if I have a good sweatshirt on I can go without a coat. I walked around the block twice today without a coat on. I am READY for spring!

I can understand why you would have been ready to quit. We do have a lot of good stuff going on, too. But the other stuff is still there. It's actually not nearly as bad as it was this summer. There were arguments about religion. A LOT of talk about the Butterfly Project, depression, suicide, to the point that Mods had to give warnings regarding our topics and types of discussion and delete threads. Kids got upset and kept trying to recreate their threads and would get even more upset when they wouldn't go through. That is when the Mods increased the rules about what we can talk about on the MB. Some stuff gets through. Evening and weekend mods sometimes don't know when to stop a discussion. One thread about religion was locked the other day. I think that as long as it doesn't take over the MB, it's okay. We have so many people and threads on this MB that it is easy to avoid those kind of threads if one really wants to. But I'm glad you did NOT leave.

I'm glad you were able to talk to me and felt okay about that. Most of us have baggage ourselves, so we don't feel that others sharing is any type of a burden. I've shared with others a good bit and a few have shared with me. I feel like it's kind of a privilege to have someone trust me enough to share with me. If you saw Hazel's thread explaining why she had been away, that she had spent time at a "mental hospital"; I was actually so happy to hear this when she came back. She's been my best friend on here for a long time and I'd gotten very worried about her. She had been so down about so much in her life that I was worried and no amount of talking seemed to help or get her to go to someone to get help. I was glad to know that the Mods do pay attention to this kind of stuff. She said that she came onto the MB one day and got a message with 800 numbers and was told to contact someone. So, she finally went to a teacher. We didn't know she had done that and were worried sick until she came back, but I'm happy she is getting help. I wish more people on here would do that. JUST relying on other kids doesn't help everybody. It helps, but it's not the only answer.

Do NOT go to the Spirit Animals MB. (I hope this goes through.) They have the most drama-riddled MB. There is bullying on a regular basis, arguing all of the time. It's constant. It's the only MB like that.

George

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Yeah, she will always be my teacher. ;)  I guess its just a respectful way of describing her.  She taught the transcription course, and now continues to help us with manuscripts and stuff.  Most (if not all)sighted braillists use "Sim-Braille"-- which is braille printed with ink--for our lessons, and then mostly read with our eyes for any kind of braille.  I can read braille with my fingers (thus correctly) but it is slower and more aggrivating.  I read about 60 words per minute while sight reading braille, but when finishing a page finger reading is cause for celebration!

Us Floridians are pretty spoiled.  ;)  Its chilly considering the atmosphere.  When I visit the northern states in the winter, I have don't really have a problem with the cold (except for obvious more pain because nothing likes cold).

I am so sorry if anything I said last post was offensive or anything.  I just meant to say that I was very taken aback.  Its not like I didn't firmly intend on coming on here and sharing my thoughts myself, it was just that I didn't expect all this anguish.  

I have seen the Spirit Animal threads roll through the home page and it sounds like a mess!

Gotta go.  *sigh* I'll talk with you tomorrow!

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Oh, cool. Now I understand better about the braille! Wow. I wonder if they have anything like that here where I live that maybe I could do that. My friend Dom, he moved away. Both of his parents were disabled. His mom is in a wheelchair. She grew up in Honduras with spina bifida, so she never went to school. She came here to get treatment from the Shriners. She was 14 and only knew Spanish, was uneducated, AND had learning disabilities. She was bullied, so she dropped out of school. After she knew English so well that she forgot her Spanish she went to a special school, but she never learned to read beyond first grade. His dad became blind because his dad hit him in the head so many times. Because the blindness gradually came on in highschool, nobody ever taught him to read braille. When he tried to learn as an adult, he got a different teacher coming to the house every time and that didn't help matters, so he finally gave up. He's a smart guy. He can do any kind of math in his head really fast. He can remember everything. He would walk around town without a walking stick because he grew up here. He does all of the cooking and cleaning at home. Dom had to do all of the reading for the family as soon as he started to learn to read. Hmmm. This is something for me to think about! Thank you.

No, you did not say a single thing that was offensive! I totally get why you would have been upset when you landed here! I would have been the same way if I was new to the MB and came to SAMB. I think I would have probably left! I'm just glad you didn't leave. Yeah, I'm going to get off of the computer soon, too. I'm going to be getting more involved in my church soon. Since I do cyberschool it helps me to get out of the apartment and be around people. I used to volunteer at the library, but some problems came up and I haven't volunteered in a while. So, I'm happy that I'll be at the church doing stuff. After I see how much time that takes up, I might check and see what we have in the community and see if they need that kind of help around here. I know one of the reasons they sent different people to Mike all of the time was because they didn't have people there on a consistent basis, so it's probably not a big agency.

Catch up with you later, George

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Do you still talk to Dom?  Yeah, a lot of Visually Impaired people never learn to read braille, which is just so sad.  The backup argument behind this is that they don't need to learn; what with the fact that everything can now just talk to you instead, from computers and phones, to voice recorders, to machines that scan print and then read it aloud.  Which is all super great and stuff, but there's a difference between reading and hearing something.  That's one of the reasons that I am involved in the blind community: to make sure that all these kids get the opportunity to be able to read. Because they might want to know how later in life, and they won't be able to learn (so much harder the older you get).

I'm glad that you are getting involved at your church and around your community.  :)

Still working on that powerpoint, so I guess I better get at it.  

Talk later,

Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Dom and I stayed in touch for a little bit, but you know how that goes. Especially with kids and boy kids. He was younger than me, so he didn't have a phone to talk and text and he didn't like to email. Yeah, I thought learning braille as an adult would be kind of like trying to learn a new language as an adult. Mike mostly listens to music. He only listens to WWE on TV, no regular TV shows or anything. No other sports. He used to listen to books on tape. That was through a mail service. Since it was hard for him to know what the books were about, he quit that, too. He could have gotten books on CD or a playaway from our local library. He could have walked there because it wasn't far from where he lived compared to everywhere else that he walked. Or they do home deliveries. But he sort of gave up. It seemed like a really closed off life and I felt badly for him. His mom played cards with a friend and watched TV a lot. I can't imagine what it would be like not to be able to read. Especially when you have kids. Dom has a younger sister, Kimberly. I think they are going to be turning 13 and 8 next month. I miss them. Dom was the one who introduced me to T39C in a roundabout way. How did you learn about T39C?

Yeah, I like volunteering and being around people. I'm shy (hence ShyRainbow5), but once I get to know people, I'm okay. More chores to do. I hope your power point goes well. I don't know how to do those. I should see if I am even able to do one from my computer. If I can, I should learn just for the heck of it!

Later, George

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

I think I missed something.  Who's Mike?  Sorry, just confused. :)

Talk later, gotta work,

Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Mike is Dom's dad who is blind.

I also have a brother Mike and the Pastor's husband is Mike.

It's too common of a name. =)

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

So which Mike was it here: " I know one of the reasons they sent different people to Mike all of the time..."?

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Dom's dad who is blind.

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Oh, okay.  I'm a bit slow today.  ;)

Sorry that all of my letters have been awfully short.  I wasn't feeling well today, plus nothing I typed sounded coherent (as if it ever does). 

What is up with the Doublecross?  I thought they already released those as ebooks?  Or am I thinking of something else?

Do you speak any foreign languages?  I simply adore French; I don't know, I guess I like how the words sound or something?  I am all about the emotional attachment to stuff or whatever, so I think I like how the words themselves sound.  Yup, definitely not coherent.  

For pretty much my whole life I have been on-and-off learning Spanish.  I can understand it, have a conversation or whatever, but it never really felt right.  Then I started learning French and I love it!  Even though I probably know more in Spanish than in French, I feel like I actually know French.

Sorry, none of any of this is making any kind of sense.  

Truth time again: I occasionally have these like anxiety attacks or something (call them what you will).  Like, I feel like I'm not doing enough productive stuff, but for the life of me I can't actually do anything.  And I hate it so bad because I can't control it.  I hate wasting time.  (One of my biggest fear is that I'm not using my life wisely.)  So that happened today.   And I wanted so bad to work on my PowerPoint, or sew something, or braille, or anything, but I couldn't.  And looking back I have no idea why.  It's just a feeling or something.  

Yup.  So I'm pretty much mental.  *sigh*

That's why I couldn't write long posts earlier, after I "broke through" I had to do all the stuff I didn't do earlier.

~Aurora 

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

You are NOT mental unless I am mental to (probably we both are)! ;P

I spent too much time checking the MB even though it was such a slow day. I know I made a lot of posts even though many of them weren't even necessary. I did like two chores. That's it. I'm not prepared for Sunday School. I still have to take a shower tonight. I DID walk today. I ate healthy all day. But that's about it. I hate days like this, too. Because I have all of this stuff lined up in my head to do and I don't do it - that's the problem - IT'S IN MY HEAD! I need to make a list to check off so I can see it in black and white and feel accomplishment when I cross out something that I did! It's worth a try. Better than having do-nothing days like today!

I'm learning Spanish. I'm not very good at it. I wanted to learn Spanish because we have a lot of Hispanics in our community. Our church has a Service and free dinner every Thursday night and many of the people who come are Hispanic. I'm hoping to work with the children when they finally set up classes for them. I just sent the Pastor an email saying that it's been on my heart all week that even though I can't work with the kids yet, maybe I could come to the Service, and then sit with a family at dinner and get to know them. A family with young children. I told her to just please start me off with a talkative family to make things easier if she thinks this might be a good idea. 

I don't think it's crazy to feel that you "know" French and that Spanish never felt "right". I'm sure it must be that way with kids who start to play sports - beyond their ability because most kids don't have ability when they are little and introduced to sports. Or when choosing an instrument. It might take a few tries to find what is right for you. Dom started off with a trombone, but he ended up not liking that. He tried a clarinet, but that didn't seem to fit him, either. He tried a flute and he loved it. It just "felt right" to him. He got bullied about that for being a "sissy" and playing a girl's instrument, but he played it. I wish kids would not be so cruel to one another!!

It's okay that you didn't write longer posts. Then I would have just spent more time on the MB! I get anxious a lot, but on days like today I just don't listen to what my mind is trying to tell me. I ignore it. But at the end of the day I'm in panic mode. Blaming my brain, of course! LOL

gotta go do those things I haven't been doing! Later. Feel better.

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Glad to see I am not completely crazy and that you experience the same type of anxiety.  Maybe some of this might help:

I used to get super anxious at night about how much I didn't do.  One thing that really helped was listing down everything I did that day--even small things like "made a snack" and "answered a phone call from Bob".  It was such a relief; maybe you should try that?  Next step was that I got a daily planner and wrote down each night what I needed to do the next day.  That helped a lot, but I am obviously such a nut case that I still needed something more.  So what I have now is a daily agenda. For example, every Friday I have to do Braille and School.  That's all I have to do, which helps with the guilt-thing.  (I feel like I'm not doing what I am supposed to.)  Then I have a daily rip-off calendar where I continue to do the to-do list the night before.  I can just rip it off in the morning and carry it around with me.  Hopefully some of this will help you!

Oh my gosh, we have a large Hispanic community, too!  If you don't mind my asking, where do you live (which state)?  That Service sounds like a great opportunity!  Immersion is probably the best way of learning, also; I think you'll start to understand the language a lot better after hearing it in "real life".

I don't think flute should be considered a "girly" instrument.  When I was in the orchestra we always had a guy flutist.  I'm glad he kept playing.  Poor Dom and his family: it sounds like they had a life of misfortune.

Feeling better today: got out and did stuff in the World.  My siblings are sick, though, so hopefully I don't catch whatever it is!  I have such a stupid immune system, but at the same time I am not affected as much by colds & flus.  I think it is because I am just used to the symptoms, so giving it a name doesn't do much for me.  So while they mope around, I can productive while having the same illness!  Thank you, Universe!

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

My name keeps getting moderated back to normal text...? :/

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

I woke up sick this morning, so I missed church, which was a bummer for me. I really enjoy church. I am finally feeling better now after sleeping a lot and eating "sick person" food. I'm glad you don't feel sick even when others in your family are sick. I'm glad you got out today.

I live in Pennsylvania. We are supposed to have a lot of snow tonight until tomorrow night, so I will get to miss three appointments tomorrow! Yay! I do hope everything is back to normal on Tuesday, though.

You have some great ideas. A rip off calendar is a wonderful idea. And a day where you only have to accomplish one thing. Wow, you are really smart! At the end of the day, write down things that I did during the day. Yes, if I would have done that yesterday, I bet I would have felt like I had done more than I thought I did.

I am hoping that I will at least get to practice my Spanish with the kids. They are more forgiving than adults. Where we lived before we moved here (still Pennsylvania) there was a large Hispanic community, too. I had fun with some of the kids who lived near me and they helped me to learn SOME Spanish and I helped them to learn SOME English. But I pretty much forgot all of that after I moved and didn't use it. 

Well, I have to go eat some soup and toast. Just to make sure I'm not "still sick". Later.

George

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Are you sick again today?  I hope not!

Ooh, Pennsylvania is nice.  "All about the cows" and stuff.  (Sorry if you don't get the reference; Pennsylvania's a big state.)

Got a big day in front of me: I finished the Powerpoint, and now I am moving on to a short film.  I will post later after my obligations are over. ;)

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

I felt better last night, but woke up feeling the same as yesterday. How did THAT happen?

Yeah, we have lots of dairy farms. Before we moved here someone in our church owned a huge dairy farm that had passed down in his family. We also have the mushroom capital of the world in PA. I used to live right near there. (Don't worry Mods, I don't live anywhere near there anymore!) Most of the mushroom workers are Hispanic which is why there were so many in our community. They even have a Mushroom Museum. We never felt compelled to visit there, though. =)

We got snow today. It's very pretty outside. We got about 5 inches. The parking lot is plowed and it looks like people are coming and going pretty much as normal. Schools were closed, though. I'm happy to stay inside on a day like today, but especially when it's snowy out there.

I'm glad you finished your power point. Now you have to do a film? You are really into media. You homeschool, right? I forget, sorry.

George

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

So sad to hear that you still don't feel well!  Hopefully doesn't continue on to tomorrow.

Oh my gosh, a Mushroom Museum.  :O  That's pretty fabulous.  Somehow I find that hilarious even though Florida has ton of orange-themed stuff.  I've been through Pennsylvania a bunch of times and the dead-on quote (It's all about the cows) is from the Hershey tour, heheh.  Have you been to Hershey Park?  I don't remember much; just chocolate and the fact that I wasn't tall enough.

Again, snow makes no sense to my mind right now.  I can't even accurately think about it.  Its already spring here ;).  The seasons here are pretty much like:

*Winter starts right before Thanksgiving and continues until the Epiphany.  

*And then BAM, the 7th=spring.  

*Day after Easter=summer.  

*Summer continues until day before Halloween when it is Fall.  

Repeat.  But IRL it is really always varying degrees of Summer ;).

Yeah, I homeschool.  I guess I'm into media. The Powerpoint was for Braille, the film is for school.  It's about Henri Landwirth.  

I keep being surprised that you reply during the day, then realizing that is the weekend + school closed!  

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

*Sigh* Not sure what just happened to my post.....  I wasn't done editing and stuff, then clicked "tab" and the whole thing kinda disappeared.  I'm going to wait it out.

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Okay that wasn't that bad!  I meant to say that all the seasons are pretty much just there for the stereotypical holiday scenes....

What music have you been listening to lately?  I like listening to Meghan Trainor ("Credit" right now) while I am working. I really like the rhythms that she sings to.  And also Adele (Turning Tables) because I don't get too distracted when I know the song well.

~Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

Hi Aurora,

Weird how your name, and then some words right smack in the middle are not in your font and color. That happened to me a couple of times last week. Lots of kids who can't buy the card packs have been coming on here wanting to know how they can get all 39 clues without the card packs. I give them the free card codes and ALWAYS there is something smack dab in the middle that is small and black. I know it can be done because Dario from Germany did it without card packs. I just keep sending people to him even though he isn't around right now, which I also tell them.

Anyway, "It's all about the cows." I'd forgotten about that! I haven't been to Hershey in a very long time. Pretty much all I remember is the chocolate, too. My half-sis, her hubby, and my nieces go to Hershey every Christmas when it's pretty and cheaper. I wonder if it still smells like chocolate when it's that cold? I've never thought to ask them. I should do that!

Yes, it's been snowing even more. It might snow until as late as midnight. The reason I can respond during the day is because I cyberschool because of the bullying. I had thought of possibly going back to school in the 9th grade. We have two middle schools and they both end up in the same HS, so I've been wondering if there would be enough kids that I could be like a new kid and start over. The problem is the bus. Because the apartment is along the highway, I'd have to take the same bus as I took before. I do not want to do that. If I cut through the back way and through the shopping center, then I wouldn't have much highway to walk at all to get into the town area. Everybody in town has to walk to school anyway and it's about a mile. I have to talk to my mom a lot about this, but there is time. Or, I can try it and if it doesn't work out, come back to cyberschool. 

Your seasons don't vary much temperature-wise, though, huh? Or, I guess I should ask, how much do they vary? Our winters can be as low as 19 degrees so far this winter. Our summers haven't gotten to 100 degrees yet, but pretty darn close! At least we don't live in Minnesota or Wyoming! I don't have any contact with my dad's family anymore, but when I did, an uncle moved out to Wyoming and they almost never canceled school even when they got two feet of snow because they were just so used to it that it was no big deal. The cold didn't cause many cancellations either, unless it was frostbite-worthy.

Every time the MB seems to stop, I think I'm going to go off and read, but then it starts and there are all of these threads to respond to again. I think I've been on here all day long. I won't be able to do that tomorrow no matter how I feel. School will be calling!!!

George

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

I am weird. Even though I am alone so much of the time, I like silence. I don't even like the TV on like a lot of people do. When I'm cleaning or something, I like music on. I listen to Christian music, though. And no special person. I just have to listen to some songs first and if I like the CD then I buy it. I am not into music enough to have an mp3 player or anything. I do like some classical music. I should listen to some of the quiet classical music when I'm on the MB at least, huh?

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Hellllllooooo,

The font thing is driving me crazy!!!

I think that's funny how Hershey Park is cheaper near Christmas.  Everything in Florida gets marked up in the winter because so many people visit to get away from the cold.

Okay, I was kinda confused for a second there because you kept talking about school getting canceled, but now I remember how that works.  It might be nice for you to get a "High School Experience".  Although, that sounds like a ways to walk!  Maybe biking?

The temperatures change plenty, but it always zings back to 80 give or take some.  We usually get about one week in each November, December, and January of "cold weather" (40-60) then the rest of "winter" is 70-85.  Summer is just brutal.  People always ask how we can handle it, but to be honest all of the locals avoid all sun contact.  Not even the beach (way too hot).  We jump from shade to shade!

Gotta go be productive,

Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

I've always heard that it's not very humid in FL and that's why old people go there to retire. Is that true? About the humidity, I mean. You wouldn't necessarily know about the old people. =)

It would be nice to get a HS experience, but it depends on the bullying situation. I am wondering if my mom has any friends in town near where the highway meets the town limits. Maybe even from work. If she does, then maybe they would let me keep a bike in their yard or something. THEN I could ride a bike. I doubt my mom would let me walk my bike even part way on the highway because it's steep and the backway that connects the apartments to the shopping area has a really steep hill. I would like to ride a bike, too, but that would be the only way I could do that. Even if my BROTHER has a friend whose parents would let me do that if my mom would talk to them. My brother has no trouble with bullies. He has tons of friends. He's 16 and next year would be his senior year.

Yeah, I like to keep track of when kids have out of school just because I'm nosey and because school closings affect so many other things. I am home alone most of the time since my mom works all day, but if I go to the shopping center and I see these school age kids with their parents I scrutinize them. I try to figure out if they are sick, home or cyber schooled or playing hooky with their parents for some WEIRD reason. I'm crazy to think parents would LET their kids play hooky, huh? But I always wonder!! They probably wonder even more when they see me since I'm NEVER with a parent!!!!!

George

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

Ohmygosh!  It is so ridiculously humid in FL, lol.  I mean in the summer its like swimming through the air.  Fresh air practically has no meaning anymore because outside it feels like trying to breathe underwater.  Oh and swamps, too.  People envision Florida solely as Disney World (or Universal, etc.), but the state is pretty much one big swamp mixed in with man-made pieces of land placed on top of old, sucked-up swamps.  Seriously, Disney was placed on top of a swamp.  How magical.  (JK. Nothing against Disney)  

Old people love it here, though. ;)  Over in the Mt. Dora area there is what my mom considers the Disney World of retirement: The Villages.  Google it.  ;)

I think that the mere fact that you are thinking so much about going to school means that you really want to.  So I think you should.  Everything will work out. ;)  (I am so sorry to say this, but I did hesitate while typing that, because I don't want this to backfire if everything doesn't work out, but that is a risk I am willing to take.)

Are you close with your brother?  Does he take the bus (not sure about driving age there)?  Maybe he would let you do the commute with him?    

It's funny because in Florida no one ever asks you why you aren't in school.  I used to get that all the time when I lived in New England;pretty much everyday.  But people vacation all over Florida so I never get asked.  Huh.  Plus there are more homeschoolers here because the public schools aren't so fabulous.

~Aurora 

• Posted at:

Aurora

Front sm

shyrainbow5

aka SapphireLadybug7

THAT humid, huh? I wonder why I always hear that it's not humid? Must be the Disney effect like you said.

My brother and I don't really get along mostly because he is never home. We moved here about almost 3 years ago. He made some friends and we practically never saw him after that. My mom tried to make him stay home more and make him do his chores and stuff. Last year she pretty much gave up as long as he keeps his grades up and is home by curfew. That is why I'm home alone a lot. I also do sooo much of the house work because my mom works so hard and I really want to help her. My brother only has to do his own laundry and clean up after himself like if he makes something to eat or something. But I pretty much do everything else. We have two inspections a year. We pretty much know when they will be because they are always around the same time and they give us three weeks notice. My mom and I work together to get things ready for that.

My brother doesn't have a car. We are lucky that my mom makes enough to keep our car going. He rode the bus that I rode when the bullying happened, but he didn't want to be associated with me. I told my mom about the bullying at school, but nobody ever did anything. I didn't tell her about the bus because up until I got my head bashed in, mostly they wouldn't let me sit down. My brother didn't want to take up for me. Even when it happened, he didn't help me until we got off the bus. I can't rely on him. My mom was sooo mad at him. She was upset I hadn't told her about the bus, but I told her that I knew I didn't have any other way to school (middle schoolers aren't allowed to walk). She was more mad at the bus driver and my brother than at me.

He can't wait to get out of the house. He's taking mechanics at the Vocational School. Our bus goes there first, then the MS, then the HS. My brother already has plans with two of his friends to get a place in town and be roommates as soon as they graduate and get jobs. I have a half brother and a half sister and my brother isn't like any of the three of us. I think he's more like my dad, sorry to say. My brother didn't like to be around my dad and his family either, but I think he has their traits or something.

The Villages - whoa!! Rich, rich people live there! Wow!

• Posted at:

ⓖⓔⓞⓡⓖⓔ

#Christian

T39C  

are awesomesauce,

with coolsyrup,

epicsprinkles,

¯\_(ツ)_

Front sm

emeraldocean16

aka BreakingArt5

That's weird.  It's not that bad in the winter though, so maybe that's why you don't hear about the humidity?  

That's so sad with your brother.  *sigh*  I got upset when you said that he didn't help you on the bus, and I just met you!  

What are the inspections for?

I got Wonder on loan from my library (ebook).  So far, so good!  Only a bit in though because I started late last night and didn't have time today.  

Just made these super yummy peppermint bark shortbread bars.  Mmmmmmm, I think I love baked goods too much!  I have such a sweet tooth, but I don't like candy.  (What did you expect, we've already clarified that I'm crazy!)  It doesn't even stop at desserts: I am in LOVE with glazed meat.  (Yup.  crazy)  Like orange glazed chicken = heaven.  

I am going to go practice piano before it gets too late.  

Talk later,

Aurora

• Posted at:

Aurora

1 , , 3 ... 13 , 14 , 15